linux-2.6.git
15 years ago[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 18 May 2006 12:47:03 +0000 (14:47 +0200)]
[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix a typo

Fix a typo introduced by the last fix.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Remove ENTER_UART from au88x0 init
Alan Horstmann [Thu, 18 May 2006 12:24:30 +0000 (14:24 +0200)]
[ALSA] Remove ENTER_UART from au88x0 init

Remove an unnecessary ENTER_UART instruction during au88x0 init as it makes
the first/subsequent midi open to fail.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add workaround for CSR Bluetooth Headphones (Saitek A-250)
Clemens Ladisch [Thu, 18 May 2006 07:35:15 +0000 (09:35 +0200)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add workaround for CSR Bluetooth Headphones (Saitek A-250)

Some devices don't have the required class-specific endpoint descriptors.
Instead of making this case an error, this patch makes the driver guess the
endpoint attributes.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix init verbs for ALC260 hp model
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 May 2006 15:17:43 +0000 (17:17 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix init verbs for ALC260 hp model

Use the basic init verbs for ALC260 instead of hp init verbs
since hp init verbs seem incomplete and not working on some machines.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Remove zero-initialization of static variables
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 May 2006 15:14:51 +0000 (17:14 +0200)]
[ALSA] Remove zero-initialization of static variables

Removed zero-initializations of static variables.
A tiny optimization.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix pcm-draining of capture stream in PCM middle layer
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 May 2006 15:10:35 +0000 (17:10 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix pcm-draining of capture stream in PCM middle layer

Fix the draining of PCM capture stream in the PCM middle layer.
snd_pcm_drain() ignored capture streams, but it should change
the state to SNDRV_PCM_DRAINING.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix description of snd-hda-intel driver in document
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 May 2006 09:26:39 +0000 (11:26 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix description of snd-hda-intel driver in document

Fixed the description of snd-hda-intel driver in ALSA-Configuration.txt
document.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda - Add support for the ATI RS600 HDMI audio device
Felix Kuehling [Wed, 17 May 2006 09:22:21 +0000 (11:22 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda - Add support for the ATI RS600 HDMI audio device

Add support for the ATI RS600 HDMI audio device. It has a one-stream
pure digital stereo codec that isn't handled by the generic codec
support.

Signed-off-by: Felix Kuehling <fkuehlin@ati.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] azt3328.c: use kernel coding style
Andreas Mohr [Wed, 17 May 2006 09:04:19 +0000 (11:04 +0200)]
[ALSA] azt3328.c: use kernel coding style

Scope braces were not done the One True Kernel Way.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Mohr <andi@lisas.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] azt3328.c: add 3D sound mixer switch/rename controls
Andreas Mohr [Wed, 17 May 2006 09:03:16 +0000 (11:03 +0200)]
[ALSA] azt3328.c: add 3D sound mixer switch/rename controls

- add 3D sound pre-3D/post-3D switch, as seen in standard AC-97
- rename controls to shorter and more accurate strings

Signed-off-by: Andreas Mohr <andi@lisas.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] azt3328.c: add suspend/resume support
Andreas Mohr [Wed, 17 May 2006 09:02:24 +0000 (11:02 +0200)]
[ALSA] azt3328.c: add suspend/resume support

- add suspend/resume handlers
- fix problem (private_data members not set)
Playing a file while suspending will resume correctly with this patch,
so I assume the hardware to get fully correctly reinitialized with
this patch.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Mohr <andi@lisas.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix rwlock around snd_iprintf() in sound core
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 15 May 2006 17:49:05 +0000 (19:49 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix rwlock around snd_iprintf() in sound core

Fixed rwlock around snd_iprintf() in sound core part.
Replaced with mutex.
Also, make mutex and flags static variables with addition of
snd_card_locked() function (just for sound.c).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix handling of capture controls on ALC882 3/6-stack models
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 11 May 2006 16:12:23 +0000 (18:12 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix handling of capture controls on ALC882 3/6-stack models

Fixed the handling of capture controls on ALC882 3/6-stack models.
Now the driver checks the availability of NID 07h.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Remove obsolete description from ALSA-Configuration.txt
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 11 May 2006 09:30:10 +0000 (11:30 +0200)]
[ALSA] Remove obsolete description from ALSA-Configuration.txt

Remove obsolete descriptions about the dependency on CONFIG_ISA
for vxpocket and pdaudiocf drivers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Sony Vaio VGN-S3HP
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 10 May 2006 14:33:11 +0000 (16:33 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Sony Vaio VGN-S3HP

Added the missing support for Sony Vaio VGN-S3HP with ALC260 codec.
The patch taken from ALSA bug#2101.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] rme96 - Fix OSS full-duplex
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 10 May 2006 14:24:42 +0000 (16:24 +0200)]
[ALSA] rme96 - Fix OSS full-duplex

Fixed a bug in rme96 driver that the full-duplex on OSS emulation
doesn't work due to the invalid period size parameter.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Apple Mac Mini (early 2006)
Sam Revitch [Wed, 10 May 2006 13:09:17 +0000 (15:09 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Apple Mac Mini (early 2006)

Add support for some audio quirks of the Apple Mac Mini (early 2006)

Signed-off-by: Sam Revitch <samr7@cs.washington.edu>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] add support for SB Live! 24-Bit External remote control
Raimonds Cicans [Fri, 5 May 2006 07:49:53 +0000 (09:49 +0200)]
[ALSA] add support for SB Live! 24-Bit External remote control

This patch rewrites the remote control code to use a table for
the peculiarities of the various SB models, and adds support
for a third model.

Signed-off-by: Raimonds Cicans <ray@vardes.lv>
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] cmipci - Disable integrated mpu401 as default
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 4 May 2006 12:36:08 +0000 (14:36 +0200)]
[ALSA] cmipci - Disable integrated mpu401 as default

Enable the support of mpu401 PCI port only when mpu_port=1 module
option is given, i.e. disabled as default.
It turned out that the check of integrated midi port isn't perfect
and caused hang-ups on some boards.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix a typo in writing-an-alsa-driver document
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 4 May 2006 09:58:43 +0000 (11:58 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix a typo in writing-an-alsa-driver document

Fixed a typo in writing-an-alsa-driver document.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] au88x0 - Init before create components
Alan Horstmann [Wed, 3 May 2006 15:07:29 +0000 (17:07 +0200)]
[ALSA] au88x0 - Init before create components

Change the order in vortex_probe to set the card details before creating the
components, meaning for example that card->shortname is available when
registering the midi port.
I have also added extra to card->shortname, and a line to overwrite the midi
name following snd_mpu401_uart_new.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda: add sigmatel 9227/9228/9229 ids
Matt Porter [Wed, 3 May 2006 12:08:33 +0000 (14:08 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda: add sigmatel 9227/9228/9229 ids

Adds support for the 9227/9228/9229 sigmatel hda codecs.

Signed-off-by: Matt Porter <mporter@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix mute switch on VAIO laptops with STAC7661
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 3 May 2006 09:59:03 +0000 (11:59 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix mute switch on VAIO laptops with STAC7661

Fixed the master mute switch on VAIO laptops with STAC7661
codec chip.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] cs5535audio - Add missing module_param*() and MODULE_PARM_DESC()
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 2 May 2006 16:31:31 +0000 (18:31 +0200)]
[ALSA] cs5535audio - Add missing module_param*() and MODULE_PARM_DESC()

Added missing module_param*() and MODULE_PARM_DESC() for
cs5535audio driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Add a workaround for ASUS A6KM
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 2 May 2006 16:22:06 +0000 (18:22 +0200)]
[ALSA] Add a workaround for ASUS A6KM

Added a workaround for ASUS A6KM board that requires EAPD
rather than SPDIF-in.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for LG S1 laptop
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 2 May 2006 16:17:57 +0000 (18:17 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for LG S1 laptop

Added the model entry for LG S1 laptop.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] rawmidi: add get_port_info callback for sequencer information flags
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 2 May 2006 14:22:12 +0000 (16:22 +0200)]
[ALSA] rawmidi: add get_port_info callback for sequencer information flags

Add a get_port_info callback to the snd_rawmidi_global_ops structure to
allow the USB MIDI driver to supply information flags for the sequencer
ports created by seq_midi.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] add more sequencer port type information bits
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 2 May 2006 14:08:41 +0000 (16:08 +0200)]
[ALSA] add more sequencer port type information bits

Add four new information flags SNDRV_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_HARDWARE, _SOFTWARE,
_SYNTHESIZER, _PORT for sequencer ports.  This makes it easier for apps
like Rosegarden to make policy decisions based on the port type.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] fix port type bits
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 2 May 2006 13:50:05 +0000 (15:50 +0200)]
[ALSA] fix port type bits

Fix the port information about non-MIDI messages that had wrong values
for some OPL3 and EmuX ports.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] fix a wrong lock
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 2 May 2006 13:33:25 +0000 (15:33 +0200)]
[ALSA] fix a wrong lock

fix a typo in the info locking code

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix compile warning in timer.c
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:29:15 +0000 (15:29 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix compile warning in timer.c

Fix a compile warning in timer.c due to unused variables.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix mmap_count with O_APPEND opened streams
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:41 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Fix mmap_count with O_APPEND opened streams

Move mmap_count to snd_pcm_substream instead of runtime struct
so that multiplly opened substreams via O_APPEND can be handled
correctly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Add O_APPEND flag support to PCM
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:41 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Add O_APPEND flag support to PCM

Added O_APPEND flag support to PCM to enable shared substreams
among multiple processes.  This mechanism is used by dmix and
dsnoop plugins.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Insert might_sleep() in snd_iprintf()
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:41 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Insert might_sleep() in snd_iprintf()

Inserted might_sleep() in snd_iprintf() for sanity check.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Remove spinlocks around proc prints
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:41 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Remove spinlocks around proc prints

Don't lock during showing proc read.  snd_iprintf() might sleep.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Remove unneeded read/write_size fields in proc text ops
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:41 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Remove unneeded read/write_size fields in proc text ops

Remove unneeded read/write_size fields in proc text ops.
snd_info_set_text_ops() is fixed, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Make buffer size of proc text interface variable
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Make buffer size of proc text interface variable

Make the read/write buffer size of proc text interface variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Clean up ugly hacks in pcm_lib.c
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Clean up ugly hacks in pcm_lib.c

Clean up ugly hacks for sync with alsa-lib code in pcm_lib.c.
Also, optimize snd_pcm_hw_params_choose() with a loop.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Move OSS-specific hw_params helper to snd-pcm-oss module
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Move OSS-specific hw_params helper to snd-pcm-oss module

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL()s to places adjacent to functions/variables.
Also move OSS-specific hw_params helper functions to pcm_oss.c.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] i2c - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] i2c - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] vx - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] vx - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] emux - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] emux - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] trident - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:40 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] trident - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] emu10k1 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] opl4 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] opl4 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] opl3 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] opl3 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] ac97 - Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each function

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL() to adjacent to each exported function/variable.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Clean up EXPORT_SYMBOL()s in snd-seq module
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Clean up EXPORT_SYMBOL()s in snd-seq module

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL()s to places adjacent to functions/variables.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Clean up EXPORT_SYMBOL()s in snd module
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Clean up EXPORT_SYMBOL()s in snd module

Move EXPORT_SYMBOL()s to places adjacent to functions/variables.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Clean up ugly hacks in pcm_params.h
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:13:39 +0000 (15:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] Clean up ugly hacks in pcm_params.h

Clean up ugly hacks for sync with alsa-lib in pcm_params.h.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] PM support for cs5535audio
Jaya Kumar [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:34:49 +0000 (14:34 +0200)]
[ALSA] PM support for cs5535audio

Appended is my patch adding PM support to the cs5535audio driver.
I also added the ac97 quirk but it's not yet confirmed which
boards need to be in the quirk list. The patch also includes some
Kconfig and misc cleanup.

Signed-off-by: Jaya Kumar <jayakumar.alsa@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Sony Vaio VGN-A790 laptop
Kenneth Crudup [Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:03:48 +0000 (13:03 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Sony Vaio VGN-A790 laptop

Added the model entry for Sony Vaio VGN-A790 laptop with ALC260 codec.
From: Kenneth Crudup <kenny@panix.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Provides specified midi port names instead of defaults
Alan Horstmann [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:13:59 +0000 (18:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Provides specified midi port names instead of defaults

Patch provides for the ice1712 card driver to overwrite the midi port name
string given by default in mpu401_uart, with one specified in
snd_ice1712_card_info.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Change seq_midi.c so client name is card, rather than port, specific
Alan Horstmann [Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:39:20 +0000 (08:39 +0200)]
[ALSA] Change seq_midi.c so client name is card, rather than port, specific

Change snd_seq_midisynth_register_port() in seq_midi.c so that if a new client
is created, the client name string is based on card->shortname not
(port-specific) info->name.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:27:31 +0000 (13:27 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix a typo

Fixed a typo of 'pci_subsystem' in the last changeset.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add Thinkpad X60/T60/Z60 support
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:54:11 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add Thinkpad X60/T60/Z60 support

Added the support for Thinkpad X60/T60/Z60 laptops with AD1981HD codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] unregister platform device again if probe was unsuccessful
Rene Herman [Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:58:06 +0000 (12:58 +0200)]
[ALSA] unregister platform device again if probe was unsuccessful

This second one unregisters the platform device again when the probe is
unsuccesful for sound/drivers, sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c and
sound/ppc/powermac.c. This gets them all.

Signed-off-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman@keyaccess.nl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] vxpocket - Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:54:55 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
[ALSA] vxpocket - Fix a typo

Fix a typo of return value from vxpocket_config().

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] AC97: Correct Mic Boost label.
James Courtier-Dutton [Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:47:27 +0000 (21:47 +0100)]
[ALSA] AC97: Correct Mic Boost label.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
15 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Fixes MSI K8N's SB Live 24 bit, no sound from line-in.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:48:44 +0000 (20:48 +0100)]
[ALSA] ca0106: Fixes MSI K8N's SB Live 24 bit, no sound from line-in.

Fixed bug#1331

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
15 years ago[ALSA] Add p17v.h file.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:44:13 +0000 (17:44 +0100)]
[ALSA] Add p17v.h file.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
15 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1: Add support for Audigy4 (not Pro)
James Courtier-Dutton [Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:36:39 +0000 (17:36 +0100)]
[ALSA] emu10k1: Add support for Audigy4 (not Pro)

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
15 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog capture controls.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sun, 9 Apr 2006 12:01:34 +0000 (13:01 +0100)]
[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog capture controls.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
15 years agoMerge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/xfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:10:19 +0000 (18:10 -0700)]
Merge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/xfs-2.6

* git://oss.sgi.com:8090/xfs-2.6: (43 commits)
  [XFS] Remove files from the build that are now unused.
  [XFS] Fix a Makefile issue related to exports.o handling.
  [XFS] Remove version 1 directory code. Never functioned on Linux, just
  [XFS] Map EFSCORRUPTED to an actual error code, not just a made up one
  [XFS] Kill direct access to ->count in valusema(); all we ever use it for
  [XFS] Remove unneeded conditional code on NFS export interface related
  [XFS] Remove an incorrect use of unlikely() on a relatively likely code
  [XFS] Push some common code out of write path into core XFS code for
  [XFS] Remove unnecessary local from open_exec dmapi path.
  [XFS] Minor XFS documentation updates.
  [XFS] Fix broken const use inside local suffix_strtoul routine.
  [XFS] Fix nused counter.  It's currently getting set to -1 rather than
  [XFS] Fix mismerge of the fs_writable cleanup patch causing a freeze/thaw
  [XFS] Fix up debug code so that bulkstat wont generate thousands of
  [XFS] Remove unused parameter from di2xflags routine.
  [XFS] Cleanup a missed porting conversion, and freezing.
  [XFS] Resolve a namespace collision on remaining vtypes for FreeBSD
  [XFS] Resolve a namespace collision on vnode/vnodeops for FreeBSD porters.
  [XFS] Resolve a namespace collision on vfs/vfsops for FreeBSD porters.
  [XFS] statvfs component of directory/project quota support, code
  ...

15 years ago[PATCH] USB: only make /sys/class/usb show up when there is something in it
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:14:07 +0000 (15:14 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: only make /sys/class/usb show up when there is something in it

Now /sys/class/usb is dynamically created when we have something to put
in it, and removed when all devices go away.

Just trying to cut down on the clutter in sysfs...

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: convert usb class devices to real devices
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:09:50 +0000 (13:09 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: convert usb class devices to real devices

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: move usb_device_class class devices to be real devices
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:59:31 +0000 (23:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: move usb_device_class class devices to be real devices

This moves the usb class devices that control the usbfs nodes to show up
in the proper place in the larger device tree.

No userspace changes is needed, this is compatible due to the symlinks
generated by the driver core.

Cc: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@vrfy.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: make endpoints real struct devices
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:14:34 +0000 (12:14 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: make endpoints real struct devices

This will allow for us to give endpoints a major/minor to create a
"usbfs2-like" way to access endpoints directly from userspace in an
easier manner than the current usbfs provides us.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: make usb_create_ep_files take a struct device
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:14:34 +0000 (12:14 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: make usb_create_ep_files take a struct device

Instead of a kobject, will make things easier in the future (don't know
what I was thinking when I did this originally...)

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: move the endpoint specific sysfs code to it's own file
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:14:34 +0000 (12:14 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: move the endpoint specific sysfs code to it's own file

This makes it easier to modify in the future without touching anything else.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: move <linux/usb_input.h> to <linux/usb/input.h>
David Brownell [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:04:34 +0000 (10:04 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: move <linux/usb_input.h> to <linux/usb/input.h>

Move <linux/usb_input.h> to <linux/usb/input.h> and remove some
redundant includes.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: move hardware-specific <linux/usb_*.h> to <linux/usb/*.h>
David Brownell [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:59:32 +0000 (09:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: move hardware-specific <linux/usb_*.h> to <linux/usb/*.h>

This moves header files for controller-specific platform data
from <linux/usb_XXX.h> to <linux/usb/XXX.h> to start reducing
some clutter.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: move <linux/usb_cdc.h> to <linux/usb/cdc.h>
David Brownell [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:57:47 +0000 (09:57 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: move <linux/usb_cdc.h> to <linux/usb/cdc.h>

This moves <linux/usb_cdc.h> to <linux/usb/cdc.h> to reduce some of the
clutter of usb header files.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: whitespace removal from usb/gadget/ether
David Brownell [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:54:40 +0000 (09:54 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: whitespace removal from usb/gadget/ether

This removes extraneous whitespace from the Ethernet/RNDIS gadget driver.
It's all space-at-EOL, spaces-before-tabs, or tabs-then-spaces.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: unusual_devs entry for Nokia N80
Alan Stern [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:59:32 +0000 (09:59 -0400)]
[PATCH] USB: unusual_devs entry for Nokia N80

Here is a patch (as720) adding an unusual_devs entry for the Nokia N80
mobile phone.

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usbserial: Fixes wrong return values.
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:46:20 +0000 (22:46 -0300)]
[PATCH] usbserial: Fixes wrong return values.

Some usbserial functions returns -EINVAL if the port doesn't exist or if
it's not opened. However, the right error code for such situations is
-ENODEV.

Signed-off-by: Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino <lcapitulino@mandriva.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usb gadget: update pxa2xx_udc.c driver to fully support IXP4xx platform
Milan Svoboda [Mon, 29 May 2006 10:34:00 +0000 (03:34 -0700)]
[PATCH] usb gadget: update pxa2xx_udc.c driver to fully support IXP4xx platform

This patch adds IXP465 into the list of known devices and
adds IXP425 and IXP465 to the list of devices that have cfr. This
is not described in the hardware documentation, but without
it driver won't work.

Workaround (#if 1) that seemed to get rid of lost
status irqs is disabled for IXP4XX as it caused freezes
during testing of control messages. No lost irqs are
visible on IXP4XX.

Driver survived tests running over night without any
visible problems.

Signed-off-by: Milan Svoboda <msvoboda@ra.rockwell.com>
Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usb gadget: fix compile errors
Milan Svoboda [Mon, 29 May 2006 10:34:00 +0000 (03:34 -0700)]
[PATCH] usb gadget: fix compile errors

This patch fixes compile errors when pxa2xx_udc is to be compiled
for ixp4xx platform.

Signed-off-by: Milan Svoboda <msvoboda@ra.rockwell.com>
Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usb gadget: allow drivers support speeds higher than full speed
Milan Svoboda [Mon, 29 May 2006 10:34:00 +0000 (03:34 -0700)]
[PATCH] usb gadget: allow drivers support speeds higher than full speed

This patch removes limitation which prevents use of drivers that support
speeds different that full speed.

Signed-off-by: Milan Svoboda <msvoboda@ra.rockwell.com>
Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: gadget-serial: do not save/restore IRQ flags in gs_close()
Franck Bui-Huu [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:47:18 +0000 (10:47 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB: gadget-serial: do not save/restore IRQ flags in gs_close()

As pointed out by David Brownell, we know that IRQs are never
blocked when calling gs_close function. So the save/restore
IRQ flags are pointless.

Signed-off-by: Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: gadget-serial: fix a deadlock when closing the serial device
Franck Bui-Huu [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:29:21 +0000 (10:29 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB: gadget-serial: fix a deadlock when closing the serial device

When closing the device, the driver acquires/release twice the
port lock before/after waiting for the data to be completely
sent. Therefore it will dead lock.

This patch fixes it and also uses the generic scheduler services
for waiting for an event.

Signed-off-by: Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB Serial: clean tty fields on failed device open
Frank Gevaerts [Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:52:05 +0000 (15:52 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB Serial: clean tty fields on failed device open

If either the driver's open() method or try_module_get() fails, we need to
set 'tty->driver_data' and 'port->tty' to NULL in serial_open(), otherwise
we'll get an OOPS in usb_device_disconnect() when the device is disconnected.

Signed-off-by: Frank Gevaerts <frank.gevaerts@fks.be>
Acked-by: Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino <lcapitulino@mandriva.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: trivial DEBUG message correction in gadget ether driver
Matt Reimer [Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:46:13 +0000 (11:46 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: trivial DEBUG message correction in gadget ether driver

Acked-by: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: new driver for Cypress CY7C63xxx mirco controllers
Oliver Bock [Fri, 9 Jun 2006 22:42:19 +0000 (00:42 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB: new driver for Cypress CY7C63xxx mirco controllers

This is a new driver for the Cypress CY7C63xxx mirco controller series.
It currently supports the pre-programmed CYC63001A-PC by AK Modul-Bus
GmbH.  It's based on a kernel 2.4 driver (cyport) by Marcus Maul which I
ported to kernel 2.6 using sysfs. I intend to support more controllers
of this family (and more features) as soon as I get hold of the required
IDs etc. Please see the source code's header for more information.

Signed-off-by: Oliver Bock <o.bock@fh-wolfenbuettel.de>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: update usbmon.txt
Pete Zaitcev [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:09:39 +0000 (20:09 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: update usbmon.txt

Fix up the documentation. Apparently, I left unedited copy-paste results
in examples. Also, Alan helped me to improve the most confusing parts.

Signed-off-by: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: implement error event in usbmon
Pete Zaitcev [Sat, 10 Jun 2006 05:03:32 +0000 (22:03 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: implement error event in usbmon

Implement the "error" event in usbmon.

Signed-off-by: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: update usbmon, fix glued lines
Pete Zaitcev [Sat, 10 Jun 2006 03:10:10 +0000 (20:10 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: update usbmon, fix glued lines

This update contains one bug fix: some lines can come out truncated,
because of the safety cutoff. This happened because I forgot to update
the size when status packets began to be printed.

The rest is:
 - Comments updates
 - Allow snooping with pkmap on x86_64, which is cache-coherent
 - Enlarge event buffers (certainly we can have a couple of pages)
 - Add event counter

First touch upon usbmon for 2.6.18.

Signed-off-by: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: io_edgeport touch-up
Pete Zaitcev [Wed, 7 Jun 2006 01:18:33 +0000 (18:18 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: io_edgeport touch-up

Al Borchers suggested to do this in his review of my previous patch.
I guess that I skipped this initially because of my visceral dislike
of sizeof(data). But in this case it seems well localized.

Signed-off-by: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] airprime.c: add Kyocera Wireless KPC650/Passport support
Timothy Sipples [Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:42:59 +0000 (20:42 +0900)]
[PATCH] airprime.c: add Kyocera Wireless KPC650/Passport support

Adds vendor & product IDs to drivers/usb/serial/airprime.c for Kyocera
Wireless KPC650/Passport EV-DO/1xRTT PC Cards.

Signed-off-by: Timothy Sipples <Timothy.Sipples@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] UHCI: Improve FSBR-off timing
Alan Stern [Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:28:57 +0000 (12:28 -0400)]
[PATCH] UHCI: Improve FSBR-off timing

This patch (as707) improves the FSBR operation in uhci-hcd by turning it
off more quickly when it isn't needed.  FSBR puts a noticeable load on a
computer's PCI bus, so it should be disabled as soon as possible when it
isn't in use.  The patch leaves it running for only 10 ms after the last
URB stops using it, on the theory that this should be long enough for a
driver to submit another URB if it wants keep FSBR going.

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] UHCI: remove hc_inaccessible flag
Alan Stern [Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:21:30 +0000 (12:21 -0400)]
[PATCH] UHCI: remove hc_inaccessible flag

This patch (as706) removes the private hc_inaccessible flag from
uhci-hcd.  It's not needed because it conveys exactly the same
information as the generic HCD_FLAG_HW_ACCESSIBLE bit.

In its place goes a new flag recording whether the controller is dead.
The new code allows a complete device reset to resurrect a dead
controller (although usbcore doesn't yet implement such a facility).

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] UHCI: various updates
David Brownell [Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:16:39 +0000 (12:16 -0400)]
[PATCH] UHCI: various updates

This patch (as705) contains a small set of updates for uhci-hcd written
mostly by Dave Brownell:

  * Root hub suspend messages come out labeled as root hub messages;
    PCI messages should only come out when the pci device suspends.

  * Rename the reset() method to better match its init() role

  * Behave more like the other HCDs by returning -ESHUTDOWN for root-hub
    suspend/resume errors.

  * When an URB fails, associate the message with the usb device not
    the host controller (it still hides endpoint and direction)

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usb-storage: unusual_devs entry for Nikon DSC D70s
Alan Stern [Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:19:17 +0000 (15:19 -0400)]
[PATCH] usb-storage: unusual_devs entry for Nikon DSC D70s

This patch (as704) adds an unusual_devs entry for the Nikon DSC D70s,
which uses a different Product ID from the D70.  It also moves the entry
for the DSC E2000 up in the list, to preserve the numerical ordering.

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: Add Apple MacBook product IDs to usbhid
Rene Rebe [Sun, 4 Jun 2006 09:39:09 +0000 (11:39 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB: Add Apple MacBook product IDs to usbhid

This adds the Apple MacBook product IDs for the Fn translation
to the usbhid.

Signed-off-by: Rene Rebe <rene@exactcode.de>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: EHCI on non-Au1200 build fix
Ralf Baechle [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:58:55 +0000 (23:58 +0100)]
[PATCH] USB: EHCI on non-Au1200 build fix

Including ehci-au1xxx.c on a non-Au1200 Alchemy only to have it throw
an error is stupid.

From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Acked-by: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: free allocated memory on io_edgeport startup memory failure
Chris Lund [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:58:19 +0000 (13:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] USB: free allocated memory on io_edgeport startup memory failure

While an Edgeport is allocating individual port structures, if kmalloc
returns NULL, the serial structure is freed and -ENOMEM, but the ports
allocated before the failure are not freed.  This patch addresses that
condition.

Signed-off-by: Christopher Lund <docmax@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] USB: new devices for the Option driver
Matthias Urlichs [Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:48:56 +0000 (11:48 +0200)]
[PATCH] USB: new devices for the Option driver

This patch extends the "option" driver with a few more devices, some of
which are actually connected to USB the "right" way -- as opposed to
doing it via PCMCIA and OHCI.

Signed-Off-By: Matthias Urlichs <smurf@debian.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usb: drivers/usb/core/devio.c dereferences a userspace pointer
Philippe Retornaz [Fri, 2 Jun 2006 03:48:46 +0000 (20:48 -0700)]
[PATCH] usb: drivers/usb/core/devio.c dereferences a userspace pointer

See http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6617.

This function dereference a __user pointer.

Signed-off-by: Philippe Retornaz <couriousous@mandriva.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
15 years ago[PATCH] usbcore: recovery from Set-Configuration failure
Alan Stern [Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:59:16 +0000 (13:59 -0400)]
[PATCH] usbcore: recovery from Set-Configuration failure

This patch (as703) improves the error handling when a Set-Configuration
request fails.  The old interfaces are all unregistered before the
request is sent, and if the request fails then we don't know what config
the device is using.  So it makes no sense to leave actconfig pointing
to the old configuration with its invalid interfaces.

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>