linux-2.6.git
16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/w1-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:55:53 +0000 (15:55 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/w1-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:55:23 +0000 (15:55 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:54:53 +0000 (15:54 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:52:11 +0000 (15:52 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-i2c manually
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:43:09 +0000 (15:43 -0700)]
Merge kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-i2c manually

Old tree, so the automatic merge had some problems.

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:30:14 +0000 (15:30 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:28:16 +0000 (15:28 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:26:48 +0000 (15:26 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

16 years ago[XFRM]: Always release dst_entry on error in xfrm_lookup
Patrick McHardy [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:11:55 +0000 (15:11 -0700)]
[XFRM]: Always release dst_entry on error in xfrm_lookup

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[TCP]: Fix off by one in tcp_fragment() "already sent" test.
Herbert Xu [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:10:52 +0000 (15:10 -0700)]
[TCP]: Fix off by one in tcp_fragment() "already sent" test.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[ARM] 2892/1: remove gcc workaround for direct access to absolute memory addresses
Nicolas Pitre [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:07:40 +0000 (23:07 +0100)]
[ARM] 2892/1: remove gcc workaround for direct access to absolute memory addresses

Patch from Nicolas Pitre

It used to make a difference in the gcc-2.95 era.  However these days
modern gcc apparently got better at not being influenced by such constructs
(which is good in general) and therefore such workaround is of no real
advantage anymore.
The good news is that gcc (from version 4.1.0) is now fixed with
regards to the defficiency this workaround was trying to address.
For those interested the patch can easily be backported to older gcc
versions and can be found here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/config/arm/arm.c.diff?r1=1.476&r2=1.478
and also here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/arm/arm.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.476&r2=text&tr2=1.478&diff_format=u

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[ARM] 2891/1: S3C2410 - update s3c2410_defconfig for 2.6.13
Ben Dooks [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:07:39 +0000 (23:07 +0100)]
[ARM] 2891/1: S3C2410 - update s3c2410_defconfig for 2.6.13

Patch from Ben Dooks

Updated the s3c2410_defconfig for the 2.6.13-git8
kernel release, as well as adding the Anubis
board to the list of boards built.

Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <ben-linux@fluff.org>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[ARM] 2890/1: OMAP 1/4: Update omap1 specific files, take 2
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:07:38 +0000 (23:07 +0100)]
[ARM] 2890/1: OMAP 1/4: Update omap1 specific files, take 2

Patch from Tony Lindgren

This patch syncs the mainline kernel with linux-omap tree.
The highlights of the patch are:
- Convert more drivers to register resources in board-*.c to take
  advantage of the driver model by David Brownell and Ladislav Michl
- Use set_irq_type() for GPIO interrupts instead of
  omap_set_gpio_edge_ctrl() by David Brownell
- Add minimal support for handling optional add-on boards, such as
  OSK Mistral board with LCD and keypad, by David Brownell
- Minimal support for loading functions to SRAM by Tony Lindgren
- Wake up from serial port by muxing RX lines temporarily into GPIO
  interrupts by Tony Lindgren
- 32KHz sched_clock by Tony Lindgren and Juha Yrjola

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI/libata INTx cleanup
Brett M Russ [Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:23:41 +0000 (15:23 -0400)]
[PATCH] PCI/libata INTx cleanup

Simple cleanup to eliminate X copies of the pci_enable_intx() function
in libata.  Moved ahci.c's pci_intx() to pci.c and use it throughout
libata and msi.c.

Signed-off-by: Brett Russ <russb@emc.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: Support PCM PM CAP version 3
Daniel Ritz [Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:32:19 +0000 (15:32 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI: Support PCM PM CAP version 3

- support PCI PM CAP version 3 (as defined in PCI PM Interface Spec v1.2)

- pci/probe.c sets the PM state initially to 4 which is D3cold.  add a
  PCI_UNKNOWN

- minor cleanups

Signed-off-by: Daniel Ritz <daniel.ritz@gmx.ch>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: Add pci_walk_bus function to PCI core (nonrecursive)
Paul Mackerras [Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:33:01 +0000 (14:33 +1000)]
[PATCH] PCI: Add pci_walk_bus function to PCI core (nonrecursive)

The PCI error recovery infrastructure needs to be able to contact all
the drivers affected by a PCI error event, which may mean traversing
all the devices under a given PCI-PCI bridge.  This patch adds a
function to the PCI core that traverses all the PCI devices on a PCI
bus and under any PCI-PCI bridges on that bus (and so on), calling a
given function for each device.  This provides a way for the error
recovery code to iterate through all devices that are affected by an
error event.

This version is not implemented as a recursive function.  Instead,
when we reach a PCI-PCI bridge, we set the pointers to start doing the
devices on the bus under the bridge, and when we reach the end of a
bus's devices, we use the bus->self pointer to go back up to the next
higher bus and continue doing its devices.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: SGI hotplug driver fixes
Prarit Bhargava [Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:13:34 +0000 (10:13 -0400)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: SGI hotplug driver fixes

These fixes were suggested by pcihpd-discuss, but were dropped in the
initial checkin of the code.  These fixes include cleaning up the
hotplug driver sysfs filename, and some minor code cleanups.  The driver
also requires at least PROM 4.30, not 4.20.

Signed-off-by: Prarit Bhargava <prarit@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: remove pci_find_device from parport_pc.c
Jiri Slaby [Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:09:39 +0000 (02:09 +0200)]
[PATCH] PCI: remove pci_find_device from parport_pc.c

This patch changes pci_find_device to pci_get_device (encapsulated in
for_each_pci_dev).

Signed-off-by: Jiri Slaby <xslaby@fi.muni.cz>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: Fix regression in pci_enable_device_bars
Alan Stern [Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:18:44 +0000 (15:18 -0400)]
[PATCH] PCI: Fix regression in pci_enable_device_bars

This patch (as552) fixes yet another small problem recently added.  If an
attempt to put a PCI device back into D0 fails because the device doesn't
support PCI PM, it shouldn't count as error.  Without this patch the UHCI
controllers on my Intel motherboard don't work.

Signed-off-by: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: start paying attention to a lot of pci function return values
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:37:33 +0000 (11:37 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI: start paying attention to a lot of pci function return values

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] Make sparc64 use setup-res.c
David S. Miller [Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:19:08 +0000 (13:19 -0700)]
[PATCH] Make sparc64 use setup-res.c

There were three changes necessary in order to allow
sparc64 to use setup-res.c:

1) Sparc64 roots the PCI I/O and MEM address space using
   parent resources contained in the PCI controller structure.
   I'm actually surprised no other platforms do this, especially
   ones like Alpha and PPC{,64}.  These resources get linked into the
   iomem/ioport tree when PCI controllers are probed.

   So the hierarchy looks like this:

   iomem --|
   PCI controller 1 MEM space --|
        device 1
device 2
etc.
   PCI controller 2 MEM space --|
        ...
   ioport --|
            PCI controller 1 IO space --|
...
            PCI controller 2 IO space --|
...

   You get the idea.  The drivers/pci/setup-res.c code allocates
   using plain iomem_space and ioport_space as the root, so that
   wouldn't work with the above setup.

   So I added a pcibios_select_root() that is used to handle this.
   It uses the PCI controller struct's io_space and mem_space on
   sparc64, and io{port,mem}_resource on every other platform to
   keep current behavior.

2) quirk_io_region() is buggy.  It takes in raw BUS view addresses
   and tries to use them as a PCI resource.

   pci_claim_resource() expects the resource to be fully formed when
   it gets called.  The sparc64 implementation would do the translation
   but that's absolutely wrong, because if the same resource gets
   released then re-claimed we'll adjust things twice.

   So I fixed up quirk_io_region() to do the proper pcibios_bus_to_resource()
   conversion before passing it on to pci_claim_resource().

3) I was mistakedly __init'ing the function methods the PCI controller
   drivers provide on sparc64 to implement some parts of these
   routines.  This was, of course, easy to fix.

So we end up with the following, and that nasty SPARC64 makefile
ifdef in drivers/pci/Makefile is finally zapped.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: restore BAR values after D3hot->D0 for devices that need it
John W. Linville [Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:19:44 +0000 (10:19 -0400)]
[PATCH] PCI: restore BAR values after D3hot->D0 for devices that need it

Some PCI devices (e.g. 3c905B, 3c556B) lose all configuration
(including BARs) when transitioning from D3hot->D0.  This leaves such
a device in an inaccessible state.  The patch below causes the BARs
to be restored when enabling such a device, so that its driver will
be able to access it.

The patch also adds pci_restore_bars as a new global symbol, and adds a
correpsonding EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL for that.

Some firmware (e.g. Thinkpad T21) leaves devices in D3hot after a
(re)boot.  Most drivers call pci_enable_device very early, so devices
left in D3hot that lose configuration during the D3hot->D0 transition
will be inaccessible to their drivers.

Drivers could be modified to account for this, but it would
be difficult to know which drivers need modification.  This is
especially true since often many devices are covered by the same
driver.  It likely would be necessary to replicate code across dozens
of drivers.

The patch below should trigger only when transitioning from D3hot->D0
(or at boot), and only for devices that have the "no soft reset" bit
cleared in the PM control register.  I believe it is safe to include
this patch as part of the PCI infrastructure.

The cleanest implementation of pci_restore_bars was to call
pci_update_resource.  Unfortunately, that does not currently exist
for the sparc64 architecture.  The patch below includes a null
implemenation of pci_update_resource for sparc64.

Some have expressed interest in making general use of the the
pci_restore_bars function, so that has been exported to GPL licensed
modules.

Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: use bus_slot number for name
Kristen Accardi [Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:16:06 +0000 (12:16 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: use bus_slot number for name

For systems with multiple hotplug controllers, you need to use more than
just the slot number to uniquely name the slot.  Without a unique slot
name, the pci_hp_register() will fail.  This patch adds the bus number
to the name.

Signed-off-by: Kristen Carlson Accardi <kristen.c.accardi@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] arch/386/pci: remap_pfn_range -> io_remap_pfn_range
Michael S. Tsirkin [Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:51:45 +0000 (11:51 +0300)]
[PATCH] arch/386/pci: remap_pfn_range -> io_remap_pfn_range

Convert i386/pci to use io_remap_pfn_range instead of remap_pfn_range.
This is good for Xen which reuses i386/pci/i386.c for domain 0 code.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: clean up pci.h and split pci register info to separate header file.
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:37:33 +0000 (11:37 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI: clean up pci.h and split pci register info to separate header file.

This cleans up some of the #ifdef CONFIG_PCI stuff up, and moves the pci register
info out to a separate file, where it belongs.  Eventually we can stop including
this file from within pci.h, but lots of code needs to be audited first.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: fix up pretty-names removal patch
Andrew Morton [Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:07:11 +0000 (00:07 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI: fix up pretty-names removal patch

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: remove CONFIG_PCI_NAMES
Adrian Bunk [Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:22:20 +0000 (04:22 +0200)]
[PATCH] PCI: remove CONFIG_PCI_NAMES

This patch removes CONFIG_PCI_NAMES.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: Move PCI fixup data into r/o section
akpm@osdl.org [Tue, 26 Jul 2005 06:28:14 +0000 (23:28 -0700)]
[PATCH] PCI: Move PCI fixup data into r/o section

Make PCI fixup data const, so it'll end up in a r/o section.

This also fixes the conversion into ECOFF which gets broken by too many
changes between r/w and r/o sections.  Call it a hack but it's a change
that's correct by itself.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI: Run PCI driver initialization on local node
Andi Kleen [Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:56:03 +0000 (19:56 +0200)]
[PATCH] PCI: Run PCI driver initialization on local node

Run PCI driver initialization on local node

Instead of adding messy kmalloc_node()s everywhere run the
PCI driver probe on the node local to the device.

This would not have helped for IDE, but should for
other more clean drivers that do more initialization in probe().
It won't help for drivers that do most of the work
on first open (like many network drivers)

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Purify hotplug
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:17:03 +0000 (10:17 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Purify hotplug

Currently rpaphp registers the following bus types as hotplug slots:
1) Actual PCI Hotplug slots
2) Embedded/Internal PCI slots
3) PCI Host Bridges

The second and third bus types are not actually direct parents of
removable adapters.  As such, the rpaphp has special case code to fake
results for attributes like power, adapter status, etc.  This patch
removes types 2 and 3 from the rpaphp module.

This patch also changes the DLPAR module so that slots can be
DLPAR-added/removed without having been designated as hotplug-capable.

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Export slot enable
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:16:58 +0000 (10:16 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Export slot enable

This patch exports rpaphp_config_pci_adapter() for use by the rpadlpar
module.  It also changes this function by removing any dependencies on
struct slot.  The patch also changes the RPA DLPAR-add path to enable
newly-added slots in a separate step from that which registers them as
hotplug slots.

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Remove rpaphp_find_pci
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:16:53 +0000 (10:16 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Remove rpaphp_find_pci

The rpaphp module currently uses a fragile method to find a pci device
by its device node.  This function is unnecessary, so this patch scraps
it.

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Change slot pci reference
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:13:38 +0000 (11:13 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Change slot pci reference

The slot structure in the rpaphp module currently references the PCI
contents of the slot using the PCI device of the parent bridge.  This
is unnecessary, since the module is actually interested in the
subordinate bus of the bridge.  The dependency on a PCI bridge device
also prohibits the module from registering hotplug slots that have a
root bridge as a parent, since root bridges on PPC64 don't have PCI
devices.

This patch changes struct slot to reference the PCI subsystem using a
pci_bus rather than a pci_dev.

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Move VIO registration
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:16:42 +0000 (10:16 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Move VIO registration

Currently, rpaphp registers Virtual I/O slots as hotplug slots.  The
only purpose of this registration is to ensure that the VIO subsystem
is notified of new VIO buses during DLPAR adds.  Similarly, rpaphp
notifies the VIO subsystem when a VIO bus is DLPAR-removed.  The rpaphp
module has special case code to fake results for attributes like power,
adapter status, etc.

The VIO register/unregister functions could just as easily be made from
the DLPAR module.  This patch moves the VIO registration calls to the
DLPAR module, and removes the VIO fluff from rpaphp altogether.

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Remove unused stuff
John Rose [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:16:37 +0000 (10:16 -0500)]
[PATCH] PCI Hotplug: rpaphp: Remove unused stuff

Subject line says it all :)

Signed-off-by: John Rose <johnrose@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[MMC] Add mmc_detect_change() delay support for PXAMCI driver
Richard Purdie [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:48:16 +0000 (22:48 +0100)]
[MMC] Add mmc_detect_change() delay support for PXAMCI driver

Allow PXA platforms to pass an appropriate delay value to the
PXA MCI driver for delaying detection changes.

Signed-Off-By: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years agoFix up ARM serial driver compile failure
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:47:12 +0000 (14:47 -0700)]
Fix up ARM serial driver compile failure

Proud member of Uglyhacks'R'US.

Acked-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Acked-by: Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[MMC] Ensure correct mmc_priv() behaviour
Russell King [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:46:00 +0000 (22:46 +0100)]
[MMC] Ensure correct mmc_priv() behaviour

mmc_priv() has some nasty effects if the wrong pointer type is
passed to it.  Introduce type checking, which also means we get
the right type.  Also add an additional member to mmc_host which
is used to align host-private data appropriately.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1_ds2433: Added crc16 protection and read caching.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:24:37 +0000 (15:24 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1_ds2433: Added crc16 protection and read caching.

The changes to ds2433 to add CRC16 protection and read caching.

Signed-off-by: Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>
Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: added private family data into w1_slave strucutre.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:19:08 +0000 (15:19 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: added private family data into w1_slave strucutre.

Add family_data to struct w1_slave.

Signed-off-by: Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>
Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] lib/crc16: added crc16 algorithm.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:17:26 +0000 (15:17 +0400)]
[PATCH] lib/crc16: added crc16 algorithm.

Add the crc16 routines, as used by w1 devices.

Signed-off-by: Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>
Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Added DS2433 driver - family id update.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:50 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Added DS2433 driver - family id update.

Work by Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Added DS2433 driver.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:50 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Added DS2433 driver.

Work by Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Decreased debug level.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:50 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Decreased debug level.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Detouching bug fixed.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:50 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Detouching bug fixed.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Added add/remove slave callbacks.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:50 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Added add/remove slave callbacks.

Patch is based on work from Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Added w1_reset_select_slave() - Resets the bus and then selects the slave by
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:49 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Added w1_reset_select_slave() - Resets the bus and then selects the slave by

sending either a skip rom or a rom match.

Patch from Ben Gardner <bgardner@wabtec.com>

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Added inline functions on top of container_of().
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:27:49 +0000 (17:27 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Added inline functions on top of container_of().

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: Fixed 64bit compilation warning.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:45:54 +0000 (13:45 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: Fixed 64bit compilation warning.

Fixed 64bit compilation warning.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] w1: hotplug support.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:20:07 +0000 (13:20 +0400)]
[PATCH] w1: hotplug support.

Here is W1 hotplug in addition to netlink notifications.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] W1: Sync with w1/ds9490 tree.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:14:50 +0000 (15:14 +0400)]
[PATCH] W1: Sync with w1/ds9490 tree.

Whitespace, static/nonstatic cleanups.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[PATCH] W1: w1_netlink: New init/fini netlink callbacks.
Evgeniy Polyakov [Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:10:11 +0000 (13:10 +0400)]
[PATCH] W1: w1_netlink: New init/fini netlink callbacks.

They are guarded with NETLINK_DISABLE compile time options,
so if CONFIG_NET is disabled, no linking errors occur.
Bug noticed by Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>.

Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
16 years ago[SPARC64]: Inline membar()'s again.
David S. Miller [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:37:53 +0000 (14:37 -0700)]
[SPARC64]: Inline membar()'s again.

Since GCC has to emit a call and a delay slot to the
out-of-line "membar" routines in arch/sparc64/lib/mb.S
it is much better to just do the necessary predicted
branch inline instead as:

ba,pt %xcc, 1f
 membar #whatever
1:

instead of the current:

call membar_foo
 dslot

because this way GCC is not required to allocate a stack
frame if the function can be a leaf function.

This also makes this bug fix easier to backport to 2.4.x

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[IPV6]: Don't redo xfrm_lookup for cached dst entries
Patrick McHardy [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:27:47 +0000 (14:27 -0700)]
[IPV6]: Don't redo xfrm_lookup for cached dst entries

The xfrm lookup is already done when the dst entry is looked up first and
stored in the cache.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:52:24 +0000 (13:52 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

16 years agoKconfig: IEEE80211 should not depend on NET_RADIO
Jeff Garzik [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:44:33 +0000 (16:44 -0400)]
Kconfig: IEEE80211 should not depend on NET_RADIO

We should not restrict use of ieee80211 to only when wireless drivers
are enabled.  In-development and out-of-tree drivers may wish to use it,
and by removing this restriction we eliminate a circular dependency.

16 years ago[AX.25]: Make asc2ax() thread-proof
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:40:41 +0000 (13:40 -0700)]
[AX.25]: Make asc2ax() thread-proof

Asc2ax was still using a static buffer for all invocations which isn't
exactly SMP-safe.  Change asc2ax to take an additional result buffer as
the argument.  Change all callers to provide such a buffer.

This one only really is a fix for ROSE and as per recent discussions
there's still much more to fix in ROSE ...

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle DL5RB <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[NETFILTER]: ip_conntrack_netbios_ns.c gcc-2.95.x build fix
Andrew Morton [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:36:34 +0000 (13:36 -0700)]
[NETFILTER]: ip_conntrack_netbios_ns.c gcc-2.95.x build fix

gcc-2.95.x can't do this sort of initialisation

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[IPV4]: Fix refcount damaging in net/ipv4/route.c
Julian Anastasov [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:34:47 +0000 (13:34 -0700)]
[IPV4]: Fix refcount damaging in net/ipv4/route.c

One such place that can damage the dst refcnts is route.c with
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED enabled, i don't see the user's
.config. In this new code i see that rt_intern_hash is called before
dst->refcnt is set to 1, dst is the 2nd arg to rt_intern_hash.

Arg 2 of rt_intern_hash must come with refcnt 1 as it is added to
table or dropped depending on error/add/update. One such example is
ip_mkroute_input where __mkroute_input return rth with refcnt 0 which
is provided to rt_intern_hash. ip_mkroute_output looks like a 2nd such
place. Appending untested patch for comments and review.  The idea is
to put previous reference as we are going to return next result/error.

Signed-off-by: Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[BNX2]: Fix bug in irq handler and add prefetch
Michael Chan [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:15:32 +0000 (13:15 -0700)]
[BNX2]: Fix bug in irq handler and add prefetch

Fix bug in bnx2_interrupt() that caused an unnecessary register read.
The BNX2_PCICFG_MISC_STATUS should only be read when the status tag
has not changed.

Add prefetch of the status block in bnx2_msi() similar to tg3_msi().
The status block is not touched in bnx2_msi() and prefetching it will
speed up bnx2_poll() that will run on the same CPU that received the
MSI.

Update version.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[I2C] Clean up i2c-pxa debugging/printks
Russell King [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:04:58 +0000 (21:04 +0100)]
[I2C] Clean up i2c-pxa debugging/printks

Fix up comments made by review by gregkh.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years agoMerge git://git.skbuff.net/gitroot/yoshfuji/linux-2.6-git-rfc3542
David S. Miller [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:59:43 +0000 (12:59 -0700)]
Merge git://git.skbuff.net/gitroot/yoshfuji/linux-2.6-git-rfc3542

16 years ago[IPV6]: Need to use pskb_trim_rcsum().
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:57:43 +0000 (12:57 -0700)]
[IPV6]: Need to use pskb_trim_rcsum().

Fix pskb_trim usage in ipv6. Only the udp one is really
a bug, other places are just doing equivalent code.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[NET]: Need struct sock forward decl in net/compat.h
David S. Miller [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:32:46 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
[NET]: Need struct sock forward decl in net/compat.h

Else we get build failures like:

  CC      arch/sparc64/kernel/sparc64_ksyms.o
In file included from arch/sparc64/kernel/sparc64_ksyms.c:28:
include/net/compat.h:37: warning: "struct sock" declared inside parameter list
include/net/compat.h:37: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[IPV4] udp: trim forgets about CHECKSUM_HW
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:32:21 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
[IPV4] udp: trim forgets about CHECKSUM_HW

A UDP packet may contain extra data that needs to be trimmed off.
But when doing so, UDP forgets to fixup the skb checksum if CHECKSUM_HW
is being used.

I think this explains the case of a NFS receive using skge driver
causing 'udp hw checksum failures' when interacting with a crufty
settop box.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years ago[NET]: Optimize pskb_trim_rcsum()
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:32:03 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
[NET]: Optimize pskb_trim_rcsum()

Since packets almost never contain extra garbage at the end, it is
worthwhile to optimize for that case.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
16 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:51:01 +0000 (11:51 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

16 years ago[MMC] Allow detection/removal to be delayed
Richard Purdie [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:53:01 +0000 (17:53 +0100)]
[MMC] Allow detection/removal to be delayed

Change mmc_detect_change() to take a delay argument such that
the detection of card insertions and removals can be delayed
according to the requirements of the host driver or platform.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[PATCH] Fix 32bit sendmsg() flaw
Al Viro [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 01:28:51 +0000 (18:28 -0700)]
[PATCH] Fix 32bit sendmsg() flaw

When we copy 32bit ->msg_control contents to kernel, we walk the same
userland data twice without sanity checks on the second pass.

Second version of this patch: the original broke with 64-bit arches
running 32-bit-compat-mode executables doing sendmsg() syscalls with
unaligned CMSG data areas

Another thing is that we use kmalloc() to allocate and sock_kfree_s()
to free afterwards; less serious, but also needs fixing.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wright <chrisw@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[SERIAL] Use an enum for serial8250 platform device IDs
Russell King [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:04:41 +0000 (16:04 +0100)]
[SERIAL] Use an enum for serial8250 platform device IDs

Rather than hard-coding the platform device IDs, enumerate them.
We don't particularly care about the actual ID we get, just as
long as they're unique.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[PATCH] ppc32: Fix head_4xx.S compile error
Kumar Gala [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:20:55 +0000 (09:20 -0500)]
[PATCH] ppc32: Fix head_4xx.S compile error

head_4xx.S wasn't compiling due to a missing #endif

Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[ARM] Fix ARMv6 VIPT cache >= 32K
Russell King [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:32:23 +0000 (15:32 +0100)]
[ARM] Fix ARMv6 VIPT cache >= 32K

This adds the necessary changes to ensure that we flush the
caches correctly with aliasing VIPT caches.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years agoMerge branch 'release' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:21:59 +0000 (07:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'release' of /linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6

16 years ago[ARM] Add suspend/resume support to locomo.c
John Lenz [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:41:54 +0000 (14:41 +0100)]
[ARM] Add suspend/resume support to locomo.c

This adds low-level suspend/resume support to locomo.c.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
16 years ago[PATCH] scan all enabled ports on ata_piix
Hannes Reinecke [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:30:38 +0000 (17:30 -0700)]
[PATCH] scan all enabled ports on ata_piix

ICH6 spec defines the PORT_ bits as:

PORT_ENABLED (R/W):

  0 = Disabled.  The port is in the off state and cannot detect any
  devices.

  1 = Enabled.  The port can transition between the on, partial, and
  slumber states and can detect devices.

PORT_PRESENT  (R/O)

  The status of this bit may change at any time.  This bit is cleared
  when the port is disabled via PORT_ENABLED.  This bit is not cleared upon
  surprise removal of a device.

So from a textual view it is not necessary that PORT_PRESENT _must_ be set,
especially if a device detection has to be done anyway.  And, in fact, this
is the view that ACER has been taken with its new Laptops (e.g.  Travelmate
4150).

And the definition of PORT_ENABLED / PORT_PRESENT is mixed up, btw.

Signed-off-by: Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
Cc: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
16 years agoMerge /spare/repo/linux-2.6/
Jeff Garzik [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:37:58 +0000 (05:37 -0400)]
Merge /spare/repo/linux-2.6/

16 years agoMerge linux-2.6 with linux-acpi-2.6
Len Brown [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:45:47 +0000 (01:45 -0400)]
Merge linux-2.6 with linux-acpi-2.6

16 years ago[XFS] Fix modular XFS builds (Makefile botch).
Nathan Scott [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:38:52 +0000 (15:38 +1000)]
[XFS] Fix modular XFS builds (Makefile botch).

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>
16 years ago[XFS] Remove special Kconfig XFS menu, make XFS options "inline".
Nathan Scott [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:34:58 +0000 (15:34 +1000)]
[XFS] Remove special Kconfig XFS menu, make XFS options "inline".

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>
16 years ago[XFS] Cleanup some -Wundef flag warnings in the endian macros (thanks
Nathan Scott [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:30:05 +0000 (15:30 +1000)]
[XFS] Cleanup some -Wundef flag warnings in the endian macros (thanks
Christoph).

SGI-PV: 942400
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux-melb:xfs-kern:23771a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>
16 years ago[SCSI] Re-do "final klist fixes"
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 01:44:33 +0000 (18:44 -0700)]
[SCSI] Re-do "final klist fixes"

With the previous commit that introduces the klist enhancements, we can
now re-do 2b7d6a8cb9718fc1d9e826201b64909c44a915f4 again.

16 years ago[PATCH] fix klist semantics for lists which have elements removed on traversal
James Bottomley [Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:56:51 +0000 (16:56 -0700)]
[PATCH] fix klist semantics for lists which have elements removed on traversal

The problem is that klists claim to provide semantics for safe traversal of
lists which are being modified.  The failure case is when traversal of a
list causes element removal (a fairly common case).  The issue is that
although the list node is refcounted, if it is embedded in an object (which
is universally the case), then the object will be freed regardless of the
klist refcount leading to slab corruption because the klist iterator refers
to the prior element to get the next.

The solution is to make the klist take and release references to the
embedding object meaning that the embedding object won't be released until
the list relinquishes the reference to it.

(akpm: fast-track this because it's needed for the 2.6.13 scsi merge)

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[IPV6]: Support IPV6_{RECV,}TCLASS socket options / ancillary data.
YOSHIFUJI Hideaki [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 01:19:03 +0000 (10:19 +0900)]
[IPV6]: Support IPV6_{RECV,}TCLASS socket options / ancillary data.

Based on patch from David L Stevens <dlstevens@us.ibm.com>

Signed-off-by: David L Stevens <dlstevens@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
16 years ago[IPV6]: Support several new sockopt / ancillary data in Advanced API (RFC3542).
YOSHIFUJI Hideaki [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:59:17 +0000 (09:59 +0900)]
[IPV6]: Support several new sockopt / ancillary data in Advanced API (RFC3542).

Support several new socket options / ancillary data:
  IPV6_RECVPKTINFO, IPV6_PKTINFO,
  IPV6_RECVHOPOPTS, IPV6_HOPOPTS,
  IPV6_RECVDSTOPTS, IPV6_DSTOPTS, IPV6_RTHDRDSTOPTS,
  IPV6_RECVRTHDR, IPV6_RTHDR,
  IPV6_RECVHOPOPTS, IPV6_HOPOPTS

Old semantics are preserved as IPV6_2292xxxx so that
we can maintain backward compatibility.

Signed-off-by: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
16 years ago[SCSI] Revert "final klist fixes"
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:50:58 +0000 (17:50 -0700)]
[SCSI] Revert "final klist fixes"

Revert commit 2b7d6a8cb9718fc1d9e826201b64909c44a915f4.

The "fix" was known to not even compile.  Duh.  That's not a fix.
That's just stupid.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] sata_sis: Add support for SiS182 chipset
Arnaud Patard [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:44:48 +0000 (22:44 +0200)]
[PATCH] sata_sis: Add support for SiS182 chipset

This patch adds support for the SiS182 sata chipset. This is a
minimalistic version of the patch from
http://bugme.osdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4192. Basically, it add the PCI
IDs and handles the change of the 2nd port adress register.

Signed-Off-By: Arnaud Patard <apatard@mandriva.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-for-linus-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:31:27 +0000 (17:31 -0700)]
Merge /linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-for-linus-2.6

16 years agoMerge branch 'drm-fixes' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:29:07 +0000 (17:29 -0700)]
Merge branch 'drm-fixes' of /linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6

16 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/misc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:28:25 +0000 (17:28 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/misc-2.6

16 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:27:39 +0000 (17:27 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

16 years agoMerge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/oss/git/xfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:23:52 +0000 (17:23 -0700)]
Merge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/oss/git/xfs-2.6

16 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:22:43 +0000 (17:22 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:21:17 +0000 (17:21 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

16 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:20:11 +0000 (17:20 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

16 years ago[PATCH] bogus #if (simserial)
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:23:50 +0000 (23:23 +0100)]
[PATCH] bogus #if (simserial)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] CHECKFLAGS on ppc64 got broken
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:28:32 +0000 (23:28 +0100)]
[PATCH] CHECKFLAGS on ppc64 got broken

Now that asm-powerpc/* is using ifdefs on __powerpc64__ we need to add it
to CHECKFLAGS on ppc64.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] bogus #if (ncr53c406)
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:26:35 +0000 (23:26 +0100)]
[PATCH] bogus #if (ncr53c406)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] bogus #if (smc91x.h)
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:25:15 +0000 (23:25 +0100)]
[PATCH] bogus #if (smc91x.h)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] bogus #if (arch/um/kernel/mem.c)
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:21:11 +0000 (23:21 +0100)]
[PATCH] bogus #if (arch/um/kernel/mem.c)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
16 years ago[PATCH] -Wundef fixes (hisax)
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk [Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:19:41 +0000 (23:19 +0100)]
[PATCH] -Wundef fixes (hisax)

CARD_... in hisax are all used with #if; CARD_FN_ENTERNOW_PCI lacks define
to 0 if corresponding config option is not set.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>