linux-2.6.git
14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:22:56 +0000 (19:22 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6:
  [SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup
  [SPARC64]: small Makefile cleanups
  [SPARC64]: Stop using __do_IRQ().
  [SPARC64]: Update defconfig.

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:22:33 +0000 (19:22 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (30 commits)
  [IPSEC] IPV6: Fix to add tunnel mode SA correctly.
  [NET]: Cut off the queue_mapping field from sk_buff
  [NET]: Hide the queue_mapping field inside netif_subqueue_stopped
  [NET]: Make and use skb_get_queue_mapping
  [NET]: Use the skb_set_queue_mapping where appropriate
  [INET]: Use MODULE_ALIAS_NET_PF_PROTO_TYPE where possible.
  [INET]: Let inet_diag and friends autoload
  [NIU]: Cleanup PAGE_SIZE checks a bit
  [NET]: Fix SKB_WITH_OVERHEAD calculation
  [ATM]: Fix clip module reload crash.
  [TG3]: Update version to 3.85
  [TG3]: PCI command adjustment
  [TG3]: Add management FW version to ethtool report
  [TG3]: Add 5723 support
  [Bluetooth] Convert RFCOMM to use kthread API
  [Bluetooth] Add constant for Bluetooth socket options level
  [Bluetooth] Add support for handling simple eSCO links
  [Bluetooth] Add address and channel attribute to RFCOMM TTY device
  [Bluetooth] Fix wrong argument in debug code of HIDP
  [Bluetooth] Add generic driver for Bluetooth USB devices
  ...

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:21:54 +0000 (19:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

* 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc:
  [POWERPC] Enable restart support for lite5200 board
  [POWERPC] Add restart support for mpc52xx based platforms
  [POWERPC] Update device tree binding for mpc5200 gpt
  [POWERPC] Add mpc52xx_find_and_map_path(), refactor utility functions
  [POWERPC] bestcomm: Restrict bus prefetch bugfix to original mpc5200 silicon.

14 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:21:08 +0000 (19:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/upstream-linus

* 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus:
  [MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof
  [MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.
  [MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.
  [MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.
  [MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver
  [MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.
  [MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.
  [MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()

14 years agoMerge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:20:52 +0000 (19:20 -0700)]
Merge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6

* git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6:
  apm_power: calculate to_full/to_empty time using energy
  apm_power: improve battery finding algorithm
  apm_power: fix obviously wrong logic for time reporting

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:20:22 +0000 (19:20 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of ssh:///linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb

* 'master' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb: (37 commits)
  V4L/DVB (6382): saa7134: fix NULL dereference at suspend time for cards without IR receiver
  V4L/DVB (6380): ivtvfb: Removal of the 'osd_compat' module option
  V4L/DVB (6379): patch which improves GotView Saa7135 remote control
  V4L/DVB (6378b): Updates info about the removal of V4L1 at feature-removal-schedule.txt
  V4L/DVB (6378a): Removal of VIDIOC_[G|S]_MPEGCOMP from feature-removal-schedule.txt
  V4L/DVB (6378): DiB0700-device: Using 1.10 firmware
  V4L/DVB (6357): pvrusb2: Improve encoder chip health tracking
  V4L/DVB (6356): "while (!ca->wakeup)" breaks the CAM initialisation
  V4L/DVB (6352): ir-kbd-i2c: Missing break statement
  V4L/DVB (6350): V4L: possible leak in em28xx_init_isoc
  V4L/DVB (6348): ivtv: undo video mute when closing the radio
  V4L/DVB (6347): ivtv: fix video mute when radio is used
  V4L/DVB (6346): ivtvfb: YUV output size fix when ivtvfb is not loaded
  V4L/DVB (6345): ivtvfb: YUV handling of an image which is not visible in the display area
  V4L/DVB (6343): ivtvfb: check return value of unregister_framebuffer
  V4L/DVB (6342): ivtv: fix circular locking (bug 9037)
  V4L/DVB (6341): ivtv: fix resizing MPEG1 streams
  V4L/DVB (6340): ivtvfb: screen mode change sometimes goes wrong
  V4L/DVB (6339): ivtv: set the video color to black instead of green when capturing from the radio
  V4L/DVB (6338): ivtv: fix incorrect EBUSY return
  ...

14 years agoppc: fix AT_VECTOR_SIZE on arch/ppc
Grant Likely [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:38:32 +0000 (16:38 -0600)]
ppc: fix AT_VECTOR_SIZE on arch/ppc

Commit 4f9a58d75bfe82ab2b8ba5b8506dfb190a267834 ("increase
AT_VECTOR_SIZE to terminate saved_auxv properly") changes the size of
AT_VECTOR_SIZE from hard coded '44' to a calculation based on the value
of AT_VECTOR_SIZE_ARCH and AT_VECTOR_SIZE_BASE.

The change works for arch/powerpc, but it breaks arch/ppc because the
needed AT_VECTOR_SIZE_ARCH is not present in include/asm-ppc/system.h
and a default value of 0 is used instead.  This results in
AT_VECTOR_SIZE being too small and it causes a kernel crash on loading
init.

Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoMerge ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:16:17 +0000 (19:16 -0700)]
Merge ssh:///pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild

* ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild:
  kbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling
  kbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again
  kbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'

14 years agoFix appletalk sysctl entry name
Eric W. Biederman [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:55:36 +0000 (12:55 -0600)]
Fix appletalk sysctl entry name

Gabriel C reported that modprobing appletalk on current git gives a
warning in dmesg :

   "sysctl table check failed: /net/appletalk .3.7 procname does not match binary path procname"

Oops.  My apologies it appears I made a mistake when creating my table
to check up on sysctl values.

Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Tested-by: Gabriel C <nix.or.die@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:14:05 +0000 (19:14 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6:
  firewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning
  firewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features

14 years agoMerge branch 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:11:06 +0000 (19:11 -0700)]
Merge branch 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block

* 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block:
  Add CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation
  Change table chaining layout
  Update arch/ to use sg helpers
  Update swiotlb to use sg helpers
  Update net/ to use sg helpers
  Update fs/ to use sg helpers
  [SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers
  [SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers
  [SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers
  [SG] Add helpers for manipulating SG entries

14 years ago[SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup
Alejandro Martinez Ruiz [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:24:19 +0000 (17:24 -0700)]
[SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup

Signed-off-by: Alejandro Martinez Ruiz <alex@flawedcode.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
14 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.24' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx
Paul Mackerras [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:45:23 +0000 (08:45 +1000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.24' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx

14 years ago[MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof
Atsushi Nemoto [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:14:06 +0000 (01:14 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof

Use write_c0_compare(read_c0_count()) to clear interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:10:57 +0000 (19:10 +0100)]
[MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:17:39 +0000 (15:17 +0100)]
[MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.

And why are there i8253.h and 8253pit.h ...

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:13:22 +0000 (15:13 +0100)]
[MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver
Yoichi Yuasa [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:43:15 +0000 (19:43 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver

And make use of it for Cobalt.  A few others such as the Malta could make
use of it as well.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:38:44 +0000 (10:38 +0100)]
[MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.

The BCM148 has 4 cores but there are also just 4 generic timers available
so use the ZBbus cycle counter instead of it.  In addition the ZBbus
counter also offers a much higher resolution and 64-bit counting so I'm
considering a later complete conversion to it once I figure out if all
members of the Sibyte SOC family support it - the docs seem to agree but
the headers files seem to disagree ...

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:34:13 +0000 (10:34 +0100)]
[MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()
Atsushi Nemoto [Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:28:33 +0000 (00:28 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years agoAdd CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:01:06 +0000 (20:01 +0200)]
Add CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation

Add a Kconfig entry which will toggle some sanity checks on the sg
entry and tables.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoChange table chaining layout
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:57:20 +0000 (19:57 +0200)]
Change table chaining layout

Change the page member of the scatterlist structure to be an unsigned
long, and encode more stuff in the lower bits:

- Bits 0 and 1 zero: this is a normal sg entry. Next sg entry is located
  at sg + 1.
- Bit 0 set: this is a chain entry, the next real entry is at ->page_link
  with the two low bits masked off.
- Bit 1 set: this is the final entry in the sg entry. sg_next() will return
  NULL when passed such an entry.

It's thus important that sg table users use the proper accessors to get
and set the page member.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate arch/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:02:46 +0000 (20:02 +0200)]
Update arch/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate swiotlb to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:44:53 +0000 (19:44 +0200)]
Update swiotlb to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate net/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:44:26 +0000 (19:44 +0200)]
Update net/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate fs/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:43:30 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
Update fs/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years ago[SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:19:53 +0000 (21:19 +0200)]
[SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agokbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling
Geert Uytterhoeven [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:55:00 +0000 (19:55 +0200)]
kbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling

Spelling fixes for cc-cross-prefix documentation

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
14 years agokbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again
Sam Ravnborg [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:30:45 +0000 (11:30 +0200)]
kbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again

depmod from module-init-tools 3.3-pre2 are reported
to work fine in cross build.
depmod from module-init-tools 3.1-pre5 are known to SEGV

Do not workaround older module-init-tools bugs here.
The right fix is for users to upgrade module-init-tools.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
14 years agokbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'
Sam Ravnborg [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:23:07 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
kbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'

make vmlinux would delete the content of $(MODVERDIR)
equals .tmp_versions. This caused a subsequent
make modules_install to fail.

Fix it so we clean the directory only for the
modules build - but we still unconditionally create it so
we can do:
make dir/file.ko
without a preceeding make modules.

Reported by David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
14 years agofirewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning
Stefan Richter [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:20:07 +0000 (11:20 +0200)]
firewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning

New warning since commit ab88ca488b8af66c3defa165874e81e695319a19,
"firewire: fw-ohci: missing dma_unmap_single":
drivers/firewire/fw-ohci.c: In function 'at_context_transmit':
drivers/firewire/fw-ohci.c:609: warning: 'payload_bus' may be used
 uninitialized in this function

Access to payload_bus is conditional on packet->payload_length > 0,
and that won't change while in at_context_queue_packet.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de>
14 years agofirewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features
Stefan Richter [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:43:11 +0000 (10:43 +0200)]
firewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features

because there seems to be more time needed to implement this.
Also, change related error return values to more appropriate ones.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de>
14 years ago[SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:40:16 +0000 (19:40 +0200)]
[SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years ago[SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:39:33 +0000 (19:39 +0200)]
[SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoexportfs: update documentation
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:19 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: update documentation

Update documentation to the current state of affairs.  Remove duplicated
method descruptions in exportfs.h and point to Documentation/filesystems/
Exporting instead.  Add a little file header comment in expfs.c describing
what's going on and mentioning Neils and my copyright [1].

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: make struct export_operations const
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:17 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: make struct export_operations const

Now that nfsd has stopped writing to the find_exported_dentry member we an
mark the export_operations const

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: remove old methods
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:16 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: remove old methods

Now that all filesystems are converted remove support for the old methods.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoocfs2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:15 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ocfs2: new export ops

OCFS2 has it's own 64bit-firendly filehandle format so we can't use the
generic helpers here.  I'll add a struct for the types later.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agogfs2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:14 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
gfs2: new export ops

Convert gfs2 to the new ops.  Uses a similar structure to the generic helpers,
but gfs2 has it's own file handle formats.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoreiserfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:13 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
reiserfs: new export ops

Another nice little cleanup by using the new methods.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoshmem: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:13 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
shmem: new export ops

I'm not sure what people were thinking when adding support to export tmpfs,
but here's the conversion anyway:

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoisofs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:12 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
isofs: new export ops

Nice little cleanup by consolidating things a little and using a structure for
the special file handle format.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agofat: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:11 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
fat: new export ops

Very little changes here, fat had a mostly no op decode_fh before and does not
store any parent information.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoxfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:11 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
xfs: new export ops

This one is a lot more complicated than the previous ones.  XFS already had a
very clever scheme for supporting 64bit inode numbers in filehandles, and I've
reworked this to be some kind of a prototype for the generic 64bit inode
filehandle support.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agontfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:10 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ntfs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agojfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:09 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
jfs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoefs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:09 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
efs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext4: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:08 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext4: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext3: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:07 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext3: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:07 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext2: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: add new methods
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:05 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: add new methods

Add the guts for the new filesystem API to exportfs.

There's now a fh_to_dentry method that returns a dentry for the object looked
for given a filehandle fragment, and a fh_to_parent operation that returns the
dentry for the encoded parent directory in case the file handle contains it.

There are default implementations for these methods that only take a callback
for an nfs-enhanced iget variant and implement the rest of the semantics.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: add fid type
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:03 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: add fid type

This patchset is a medium scale rewrite of the export operations interface.
The goal is to make the interface less complex, and easier to understand from
the filesystem side, aswell as preparing generic support for exporting of
64bit inode numbers.

This touches all nfs exporting filesystems, and I've done testing on all of
the filesystems I have here locally (xfs, ext2, ext3, reiserfs, jfs)

This patch:

Add a structured fid type so that we don't have to pass an array of u32 values
around everywhere.  It's a union of possible layouts.

As a start there's only the u32 array and the traditional 32bit inode format,
but there will be more in one of my next patchset when I start to document the
various filehandle formats we have in lowlevel filesystems better.

Also add an enum that gives the various filehandle types human- readable
names.

Note: Some people might think the struct containing an anonymous union is
ugly, but I didn't want to pass around a raw union type.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agokexec: add BSS to resource tree
Bernhard Walle [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:01 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
kexec: add BSS to resource tree

Add the BSS to the resource tree just as kernel text and kernel data are in
the resource tree.  The main reason behind this is to avoid crashkernel
reservation in that area.

While it's not strictly necessary to have the BSS in the resource tree (the
actual collision detection is done in the reserve_bootmem() function before),
the usage of the BSS resource should be presented to the user in /proc/iomem
just as Kernel data and Kernel code.

Note: The patch currently is only implemented for x86 and ia64 (because
efi_initialize_iomem_resources() has the same signature on i386 and ia64).

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding-style fixes]
Signed-off-by: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@suse.de>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@in.ibm.com>
Cc: <linux-arch@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu sg chaining support
FUJITA Tomonori [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:00 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
intel-iommu sg chaining support

x86_64 defines ARCH_HAS_SG_CHAIN. So if IOMMU implementations don't
support sg chaining, we will get data corruption.

Signed-off-by: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Acked-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu: fix for IOMMU early crash
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:59 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
intel-iommu: fix for IOMMU early crash

pci_dev's->sysdata is highly overloaded and currently IOMMU is broken due
to IOMMU code depending on this field.

This patch introduces new field in pci_dev's dev.archdata struct to hold
IOMMU specific per device IOMMU private data.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Acked-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu: optimize sg map/unmap calls
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:58 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
intel-iommu: optimize sg map/unmap calls

This patch adds PageSelectiveInvalidation support replacing existing
DomainSelectiveInvalidation for intel_{map/unmap}_sg() calls and also
enables to mapping one big contiguous DMA virtual address which is mapped
to discontiguous physical address for SG map/unmap calls.

"Doamin selective invalidations" wipes out the IOMMU address translation
cache based on domain ID where as "Page selective invalidations" wipes out
the IOMMU address translation cache for that address mask range which is
more cache friendly when compared to Domain selective invalidations.

Here is how it is done.
1) changes to iova.c
alloc_iova() now takes a bool size_aligned argument, which
when when set, returns the io virtual address that is
naturally aligned to 2 ^ x, where x is the order
of the size requested.

Returning this io vitual address which is naturally
aligned helps iommu to do the "page selective
invalidations" which is IOMMU cache friendly
over "domain selective invalidations".

2) Changes to driver/pci/intel-iommu.c
Clean up intel_{map/unmap}_{single/sg} () calls so that
s/g map/unamp calls is no more dependent on
intel_{map/unmap}_single()

intel_map_sg() now computes the total DMA virtual address
required and allocates the size aligned total DMA virtual address
and maps the discontiguous physical address to the allocated
contiguous DMA virtual address.

In the intel_unmap_sg() case since the DMA virtual address
is contiguous and size_aligned, PageSelectiveInvalidation
is used replacing earlier DomainSelectiveInvalidations.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: Suresh B <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Iommu floppy workaround
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:57 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Iommu floppy workaround

This config option (DMAR_FLPY_WA) sets up 1:1 mapping for the floppy device so
that the floppy device which does not use DMA api's will continue to work.

Once the floppy driver starts using DMA api's this config option can be turn
off or this patch can be yanked out of kernel at that time.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: cleanups, rename things, build fix]
[jengelh@computergmbh.de: Kconfig fixes]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Iommu Gfx workaround
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:55 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Iommu Gfx workaround

When we fix all the opensource gfx drivers to use the DMA api's, at that time
we can yank this config options out.

[jengelh@computergmbh.de: Kconfig fixes]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: DMAR fault handling support
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:54 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: DMAR fault handling support

MSI interrupt handler registrations and fault handling support for Intel-IOMMU
hadrware.

This patch enables the MSI interrupts for the DMA remapping units and in the
interrupt handler read the fault cause and outputs the same on to the console.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Intel iommu cmdline option - forcedac
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:53 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Intel iommu cmdline option - forcedac

Introduce intel_iommu=forcedac commandline option.  This option is helpful to
verify the pci device capability of handling physical dma'able address greater
than 4G.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Avoid memory allocation failures in dma map api calls
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:52 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Avoid memory allocation failures in dma map api calls

Intel IOMMU driver needs memory during DMA map calls to setup its internal
page tables and for other data structures.  As we all know that these DMA map
calls are mostly called in the interrupt context or with the spinlock held by
the upper level drivers(network/storage drivers), so in order to avoid any
memory allocation failure due to low memory issues, this patch makes memory
allocation by temporarily setting PF_MEMALLOC flags for the current task
before making memory allocation calls.

We evaluated mempools as a backup when kmem_cache_alloc() fails
and found that mempools are really not useful here because
 1) We don't know for sure how much to reserve in advance
 2) And mempools are not useful for GFP_ATOMIC case (as we call
    memory alloc functions with GFP_ATOMIC)

(akpm: point 2 is wrong...)

With PF_MEMALLOC flag set in the current->flags, the VM subsystem avoids any
watermark checks before allocating memory thus guarantee'ing the memory till
the last free page.  Further, looking at the code in mm/page_alloc.c in
__alloc_pages() function, looks like this flag is useful only in the
non-interrupt context.

If we are in the interrupt context and memory allocation in IOMMU driver fails
for some reason, then the DMA map api's will return failure and it is up to
the higher level drivers to retry.  Suppose, if upper level driver programs
the controller with the buggy DMA virtual address, the IOMMU will block that
DMA transaction when that happens thus preventing any corruption to main
memory.

So far in our test scenario, we were unable to create any memory allocation
failure inside dma map api calls.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Intel IOMMU driver
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:49 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Intel IOMMU driver

Actual intel IOMMU driver.  Hardware spec can be found at:
http://www.intel.com/technology/virtualization

This driver sets X86_64 'dma_ops', so hook into standard DMA APIs.  In this
way, PCI driver will get virtual DMA address.  This change is transparent to
PCI drivers.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: remove unneeded cast]
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: build fix]
[bunk@stusta.de: fix duplicate CONFIG_DMAR Makefile line]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: IOVA allocation and management routines
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:48 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: IOVA allocation and management routines

This code implements a generic IOVA allocation and management.  As per Dave's
suggestion we are now allocating IO virtual address from Higher DMA limit
address rather than lower end address and this eliminated the need to preserve
the IO virtual address for multiple devices sharing the same domain virtual
address.

Also this code uses red black trees to store the allocated and reserved iova
nodes.  This showed a good performance improvements over previous linear
linked list.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: remove inlines]
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding style fixes]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: clflush_cache_range now takes size param
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:47 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: clflush_cache_range now takes size param

Introduce the size param for clflush_cache_range().

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: PCI generic helper function
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:46 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: PCI generic helper function

When devices are under a p2p bridge, upstream transactions get replaced by the
device id of the bridge as it owns the PCIE transaction.  Hence its necessary
to setup translations on behalf of the bridge as well.  Due to this limitation
all devices under a p2p share the same domain in a DMAR.

We just cache the type of device, if its a native PCIe device
or not for later use.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: BUG_ON -> WARN_ON+recover]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: DMAR detection and parsing logic
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:41 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: DMAR detection and parsing logic

This patch supports the upcomming Intel IOMMU hardware a.k.a.  Intel(R)
Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O Architecture and the hardware spec
for the same can be found here
http://www.intel.com/technology/virtualization/index.htm

FAQ! (questions from akpm, answers from ak)

> So...  what's all this code for?
>
> I assume that the intent here is to speed things up under Xen, etc?

Yes in some cases, but not this code.  That would be the Xen version of this
code that could potentially assign whole devices to guests.  I expect this to
be only useful in some special cases though because most hardware is not
virtualizable and you typically want an own instance for each guest.

Ok at some point KVM might implement this too; i likely would use this code
for this.

> Do we
> have any benchmark results to help us to decide whether a merge would be
> justified?

The main advantage for doing it in the normal kernel is not performance, but
more safety.  Broken devices won't be able to corrupt memory by doing random
DMA.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for graphics yet, for that need user space
interfaces for the X server are needed.

There are some potential performance benefits too:

- When you have a device that cannot address the complete address range an
  IOMMU can remap its memory instead of bounce buffering.  Remapping is likely
  cheaper than copying.

- The IOMMU can merge sg lists into a single virtual block.  This could
  potentially speed up SG IO when the device is slow walking SG lists.  [I
  long ago benchmarked 5% on some block benchmark with an old MPT Fusion; but
  it probably depends a lot on the HBA]

And you get better driver debugging because unexpected memory accesses from
the devices will cause a trappable event.

>
> Does it slow anything down?

It adds more overhead to each IO so yes.

This patch:

Add support for early detection and parsing of DMAR's (DMA Remapping) reported
to OS via ACPI tables.

DMA remapping(DMAR) devices support enables independent address translations
for Direct Memory Access(DMA) from Devices.  These DMA remapping devices are
reported via ACPI tables and includes pci device scope covered by these DMA
remapping device.

For detailed info on the specification of "Intel(R) Virtualization Technology
for Directed I/O Architecture" please see
http://www.intel.com/technology/virtualization/index.htm

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Len Brown <lenb@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext2: avoid rec_len overflow with 64KB block size
Jan Kara [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:40 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
ext2: avoid rec_len overflow with 64KB block size

With 64KB blocksize, a directory entry can have size 64KB which does not
fit into 16 bits we have for entry length.  So we store 0xffff instead and
convert the value when read from / written to disk.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding-style fixes]
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agodcache: don't expose uninitialized memory in /proc/<pid>/fd/<fd>
J. Bruce Fields [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:38 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
dcache: don't expose uninitialized memory in /proc/<pid>/fd/<fd>

Well, it's not especially important that target->d_iname get the contents
of dentry->d_iname, but it's important that it get initialized with
*something*, otherwise we're just exposing some random piece of memory to
anyone who reads the link at /proc/<pid>/fd/<fd> for the deleted file, when
it's still held open by someone.

I've run a test program that copies a short (<36 character) name ontop of a
long (>=36 character) name and see that the first time I run it, without
this patch, I get unpredicatable results out of /proc/<pid>/fd/<fd>.

Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agocapabilities: clean up file capability reading
Serge E. Hallyn [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:38 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
capabilities: clean up file capability reading

Simplify the vfs_cap_data structure.

Also fix get_file_caps which was declaring
__le32 v1caps[XATTR_CAPS_SZ] on the stack, but
XATTR_CAPS_SZ is already * sizeof(__le32).

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding-style fixes]
Signed-off-by: Serge E. Hallyn <serue@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Andrew Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>
Cc: Chris Wright <chrisw@sous-sol.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agomemory hotplug: make kmem_cache_node for SLUB on memory online avoid panic
Yasunori Goto [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:37 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
memory hotplug: make kmem_cache_node for SLUB on memory online avoid panic

Fix a panic due to access NULL pointer of kmem_cache_node at discard_slab()
after memory online.

When memory online is called, kmem_cache_nodes are created for all SLUBs
for new node whose memory are available.

slab_mem_going_online_callback() is called to make kmem_cache_node() in
callback of memory online event.  If it (or other callbacks) fails, then
slab_mem_offline_callback() is called for rollback.

In memory offline, slab_mem_going_offline_callback() is called to shrink
all slub cache, then slab_mem_offline_callback() is called later.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding-style fixes]
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: locking fix]
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: build fix]
Signed-off-by: Yasunori Goto <y-goto@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agomemory hotplug: rearrange memory hotplug notifier
Yasunori Goto [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:36 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
memory hotplug: rearrange memory hotplug notifier

Current memory notifier has some defects yet.  (Fortunately, nothing uses
it.) This patch is to fix and rearrange for them.

  - Add information of start_pfn, nr_pages, and node id if node status is
    changes from/to memoryless node for callback functions.
    Callbacks can't do anything without those information.
  - Add notification going-online status.
    It is necessary for creating per node structure before the node's
    pages are available.
  - Move GOING_OFFLINE status notification after page isolation.
    It is good place for return memory like cache for callback,
    because returned page is not used again.
  - Make CANCEL events for rollingback when error occurs.
  - Delete MEM_MAPPING_INVALID notification. It will be not used.
  - Fix compile error of (un)register_memory_notifier().

Signed-off-by: Yasunori Goto <y-goto@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agomemory hotplug: document the memory hotplug notifier
Yasunori Goto [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:36 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
memory hotplug: document the memory hotplug notifier

Add description about event notification callback routine to the document

Signed-off-by: Yasunori Goto <y-goto@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoi386: paravirt boot sequence
Rusty Russell [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:35 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
i386: paravirt boot sequence

This patch uses the updated boot protocol to do paravirtualized boot.
If the boot version is >= 2.07, then it will do two things:

 1. Check the bootparams loadflags to see if we should reload the
    segment registers and clear interrupts.  This is appropriate
    for normal native boot and some paravirtualized environments, but
    inapproprate for others.

 2. Check the hardware architecture, and dispatch to the appropriate
    kernel entrypoint.  If the bootloader doesn't set this, then we
    simply do the normal boot sequence.

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xensource.com>
Signed-off-by: Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
Acked-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@in.ibm.com>
Cc: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>
Cc: Zachary Amsden <zach@vmware.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoadd WEAK() for creating weak asm labels
Rusty Russell [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:34 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
add WEAK() for creating weak asm labels

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xensource.com>
Signed-off-by: Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
Acked-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoupdate boot spec to 2.07
Rusty Russell [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:33 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
update boot spec to 2.07

Updates for version 2.07 of the boot protocol.  This includes:

load_flags.KEEP_SEGMENTS- flag to request/inhibit segment reloads
hardware_subarch - what subarchitecture we're booting under
hardware_subarch_data - per-architecture data

The intention of these changes is to make booting a paravirtualized
kernel work via the normal Linux boot protocol.

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xensource.com>
Signed-off-by: Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
Acked-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@in.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years ago[SG] Add helpers for manipulating SG entries
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:07:37 +0000 (17:07 +0200)]
[SG] Add helpers for manipulating SG entries

We can then transition drivers without changing the generated code.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6382): saa7134: fix NULL dereference at suspend time for cards without IR...
Matthias Schwarzott [Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:58:11 +0000 (14:58 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6382): saa7134: fix NULL dereference at suspend time for cards without IR receiver

Calling saa7134_ir_stop at suspend is no good idea
for saa7134 cards without remote control.

Signed-off-by: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@gentoo.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6380): ivtvfb: Removal of the 'osd_compat' module option
Ian Armstrong [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:09:56 +0000 (15:09 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6380): ivtvfb: Removal of the 'osd_compat' module option

Due to changes in the core ivtv driver as of release 1.0, the osd_compat
module option has been rendered obsolete. This patch removes the option and
all code associated with it.

Signed-off-by: Ian Armstrong <ian@iarmst.demon.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6379): patch which improves GotView Saa7135 remote control
Pedro [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:58:40 +0000 (17:58 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6379): patch which improves GotView Saa7135 remote control

improve GoTView PCI7135 remote control working under linux.

Acked-by: Hermann Pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>
Acked-by: Nickolay V. Shmyrev <nshmyrev@yandex.ru>
Signed-off-by: Eugene M. Roginskii <roginovicci@nm.ru>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6378b): Updates info about the removal of V4L1 at feature-removal-schedule.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:32:36 +0000 (15:32 -0200)]
V4L/DVB (6378b): Updates info about the removal of V4L1 at feature-removal-schedule.txt

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6378a): Removal of VIDIOC_[G|S]_MPEGCOMP from feature-removal-schedule.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:11:23 +0000 (15:11 -0200)]
V4L/DVB (6378a): Removal of VIDIOC_[G|S]_MPEGCOMP from feature-removal-schedule.txt

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6378): DiB0700-device: Using 1.10 firmware
Patrick Boettcher [Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:06:37 +0000 (14:06 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6378): DiB0700-device: Using 1.10 firmware

As for most of the users the 1.10 firmware is an improvement we should
use this firmware always now.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6357): pvrusb2: Improve encoder chip health tracking
Mike Isely [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:18:12 +0000 (18:18 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6357): pvrusb2: Improve encoder chip health tracking

This is a minor change to help with tracking the viability of the
encoder chip within the PVR USB2 device.

Signed-off-by: Mike Isely <isely@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6356): "while (!ca->wakeup)" breaks the CAM initialisation
Marco Schluessler [Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:25:42 +0000 (08:25 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6356): "while (!ca->wakeup)" breaks the CAM initialisation

Signed-off-by: Marco Schluessler <marco@lordzodiac.de>
Signed-off-by: Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6352): ir-kbd-i2c: Missing break statement
Trent Piepho [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:39:25 +0000 (20:39 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6352): ir-kbd-i2c: Missing break statement

Someone added a new case without adding a break to the one before it.

Thanks to Margus <b-berski at mbox200 dot swipnet dot se> for spotting this.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6350): V4L: possible leak in em28xx_init_isoc
Florin Malita [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:59:18 +0000 (12:59 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6350): V4L: possible leak in em28xx_init_isoc

Coverity (CID 1929) spotted the following: if a transfer buffer
allocation fails, the last allocated urb is leaked (it hasn't been
stored in dev->urb[] yet so em28xx_uninit_isoc misses it). The patch
also includes a small typo fix.

Signed-off-by: Florin Malita <fmalita@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6348): ivtv: undo video mute when closing the radio
Hans Verkuil [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:27:56 +0000 (17:27 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6348): ivtv: undo video mute when closing the radio

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6347): ivtv: fix video mute when radio is used
Hans Verkuil [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:19:37 +0000 (17:19 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6347): ivtv: fix video mute when radio is used

When the radio is active the video should be muted when a capture
starts. However, this was done at the wrong time and the mute settings
were overwritten when cx2341x_update was called.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6346): ivtvfb: YUV output size fix when ivtvfb is not loaded
Ian Armstrong [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:12:28 +0000 (13:12 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6346): ivtvfb: YUV output size fix when ivtvfb is not loaded

If the ivtvfb module isn't loaded, the valid YUV output area should be set to
full-screen. This patch fixes the case where the valid output area was not
reset when the output broadcast format was changed from NTSC to PAL. This
resulted in output being limited to the top 480 lines of the display.

Signed-off-by: Ian Armstrong <ian@iarmst.demon.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6345): ivtvfb: YUV handling of an image which is not visible in the display...
Ian Armstrong [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:08:02 +0000 (13:08 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6345): ivtvfb: YUV handling of an image which is not visible in the display area

When the ivtvfb module is loaded, the YUV output is relative to the
framebuffer output. When a virtual screen size is used, the output area for
the YUV may actually be off screen. To prevent the hardware from crashing,
the current driver will ignore an off-screen position and leave the output
visible at the last on-screen position. This may not be desirable, so this
patch will switch off the YUV output should the image move off-screen, and
re-enable it should the image move on-screen again.

Signed-off-by: Ian Armstrong <ian@iarmst.demon.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6343): ivtvfb: check return value of unregister_framebuffer
Hans Verkuil [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:17:14 +0000 (11:17 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6343): ivtvfb: check return value of unregister_framebuffer

Prevent unloading the framebuffer if it is still in use.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6342): ivtv: fix circular locking (bug 9037)
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:54:48 +0000 (05:54 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6342): ivtv: fix circular locking (bug 9037)

If you try to access the video device from within an udev rule,
then you get into a circular locking situation.

Changed the driver to postpone the registration of the devices until
everything else has been fully initialized, so that the newly created
device can be used immediately.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6341): ivtv: fix resizing MPEG1 streams
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:39:36 +0000 (12:39 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6341): ivtv: fix resizing MPEG1 streams

Resizing an MPEG 1 stream would cut off the right half of the
image due to a missing divide by 2 in VIDIOC_S_FMT.

Also did some minor cleanup in this part of the code.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6340): ivtvfb: screen mode change sometimes goes wrong
Ian Armstrong [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:15:41 +0000 (08:15 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6340): ivtvfb: screen mode change sometimes goes wrong

This patch partially reverts a previous change that caused the
CX2341X_OSD_SET_PIXEL_FORMAT firmware calls to be skipped when the pixel
format of the framebuffer wasn't altered by FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO.

Unfortunately, another firmware call on the PVR350 sometimes scrambles the
display when trying to adjust the framebuffer settings. This patch re-enables
the CX2341X_OSD_SET_PIXEL_FORMAT calls to try and prevent this from
occurring.

Signed-off-by: Ian Armstrong <ian@iarmst.demon.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6339): ivtv: set the video color to black instead of green when capturing...
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:20:09 +0000 (06:20 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6339): ivtv: set the video color to black instead of green when capturing from the radio

Thanks-to: Martin Dauskardt <md001@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6338): ivtv: fix incorrect EBUSY return
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:18:30 +0000 (06:18 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6338): ivtv: fix incorrect EBUSY return

Trying to open the radio when a capture is in progress will make it
impossible to open the radio again since the radio stream wasn't released.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6336): cx8802: Plug memory leak when unregistering a driver
Trent Piepho [Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:28:09 +0000 (11:28 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6336): cx8802: Plug memory leak when unregistering a driver

When a cx8802 sub-driver was unregistered, the struct cx8802_driver, which was
kmalloc()ed by cx8802_register_driver(), was deleted from the list of drivers,
but never freed.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Reviewed-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6335): cx8802: Replace list_for_each+list_entry with list_for_each_entry
Trent Piepho [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:52:17 +0000 (02:52 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6335): cx8802: Replace list_for_each+list_entry with list_for_each_entry

Less code and more efficient.

Got ride of a variable that counted the number of devices in
cx8802_unregister_driver() but was never used.  Looked leftover from a
cut&paste.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Reviewed-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
14 years agoV4L/DVB (6334): cx88: Change (struct cx8802_dev)->drvlist to a list_head and fix...
Trent Piepho [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:52:17 +0000 (02:52 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (6334): cx88: Change (struct cx8802_dev)->drvlist to a list_head and fix bugs

It was a struct cx8802_driver for no apparent reason.  Nothing uses a
cx8802_driver in the cx8802_dev struct.  The only field that was used was
devlist, a list_head.

The code in cx8802_remove() that removed any loaded sub-drivers was broken.
It would delete the current list entry, but didn't use list_for_each_safe.  It
also called list_del() on the list _head_ inside the list_for_each loop?  It
would crash if it was run, which I don't think can ever happen.

Since the cx8802 sub-drivers use the cx8802 driver, they have to be unloaded
first.  So there isn't any way for a sub-driver to still be loaded when
cx8802_remove() is called...  Except maybe with PCI hot-plug, if one removes
the PCI card while the drivers are loaded?

So I left some code in to handle that if it's actually possible.  It will
remove the sub-drivers from the device cx8802_remove() was called on, and only
that device.  If one has two DVB cards and unplugs one, there is no reason to
unload the DVB drivers for both cards.  I have no way to test this, but it
can't be worse than what was there before.

cx8802_get_driver() is passed a cx8802_dev pointer and looks for the requested
driver on that device.  It first loops over the cx8802 device list looking for
the device it was passed, which is pointless.  It doesn't need to find the
device pointer in the list, as it already has the pointer.

The list_head in the cx8802_driver struct, which joins all the _drivers_
attached to a device, was named devlist.  Changed that to drvlist, since the
devlist is used for a list of _devices_ in other cx8802 structs.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Reviewed-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>