linux-2.6.git
13 years agoarm: Export empty_zero_page for ZERO_PAGE usage in modules.
Aneesh Kumar K.V [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:11:12 +0000 (08:11 -0400)]
arm: Export empty_zero_page for ZERO_PAGE usage in modules.

ext4 uses ZERO_PAGE(0) to zero out blocks.  We need to export
different symbols in different arches for the usage of ZERO_PAGE
in modules.

Signed-off-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoext4: Enable extent format for symlinks.
Aneesh Kumar K.V [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:11:12 +0000 (08:11 -0400)]
ext4: Enable extent format for symlinks.

This patch enables extent-formatted normal symlinks.  Using extents
format allows a symlink to refer to a block number larger than 2^32
on large filesystems.  We still don't enable extent format for fast
symlinks, which are contained in the inode itself.

Signed-off-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Mingming Cao <cmm@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoext4: Fix fallocate error path
Aneesh Kumar K.V [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:38:59 +0000 (10:38 -0400)]
ext4: Fix fallocate error path

Put the old extent details back if we fail to split the
uninitialized extent.

Signed-off-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Mingming Cao <cmm@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoext4: fix mount option parsing
Josef Bacik [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:05:28 +0000 (22:05 -0400)]
ext4: fix mount option parsing

The "resize" option won't be noticed as it comes after the NULL option,
so if you try to mount (or in this case remount) with that option it
won't be recognized.

Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoext4: fdatasync should skip metadata writeout when overwriting
Hisashi Hifumi [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:38:59 +0000 (10:38 -0400)]
ext4: fdatasync should skip metadata writeout when overwriting

Currently fdatasync is identical to fsync in ext3.

I think fdatasync should skip journal flush in data=ordered and
data=writeback mode when it overwrites to already-instantiated blocks on
HDD.  When I_DIRTY_DATASYNC flag is not set, fdatasync should skip journal
writeout because this indicates only atime or/and mtime updates.

Following patch is the same approach of ext2's fsync code(ext2_sync_file).

I did a performance test using the sysbench.

#sysbench --num-threads=128 --max-requests=50000 --test=fileio --file-total-size=128G
--file-test-mode=rndwr --file-fsync-mode=fdatasync run

The result on ext3 was:

-2.6.24
Operations performed:  0 Read, 50080 Write, 59600 Other = 109680 Total
Read 0b  Written 782.5Mb  Total transferred 782.5Mb  (12.116Mb/sec)
  775.45 Requests/sec executed

Test execution summary:
    total time:                          64.5814s
    total number of events:              50080
    total time taken by event execution: 3713.9836
    per-request statistics:
         min:                            0.0000s
         avg:                            0.0742s
         max:                            0.9375s
         approx.  95 percentile:         0.2901s

Threads fairness:
    events (avg/stddev):           391.2500/23.26
    execution time (avg/stddev):   29.0155/1.99

-2.6.24-patched
Operations performed:  0 Read, 50009 Write, 61596 Other = 111605 Total
Read 0b  Written 781.39Mb  Total transferred 781.39Mb  (16.419Mb/sec)
1050.83 Requests/sec executed

Test execution summary:
    total time:                          47.5900s
    total number of events:              50009
    total time taken by event execution: 2934.5768
    per-request statistics:
           min:                            0.0000s
         avg:                            0.0587s
           max:                            0.8938s
         approx.  95 percentile:         0.1993s

Threads fairness:
    events (avg/stddev):           390.6953/22.64
    execution time (avg/stddev):   22.9264/1.17

Filesystem I/O throughput was improved.

Signed-off-by :Hisashi Hifumi <hifumi.hisashi@oss.ntt.co.jp>
Acked-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoext4: check return of ext4_orphan_get properly
Josef Bacik [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:04:56 +0000 (22:04 -0400)]
ext4:  check return of ext4_orphan_get properly

This patch fix a panic while running fsfuzzer.
We are improperly checking the return of ext4_orphan_get.

Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mingming Cao <cmm@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agojbd2: fix possible journal overflow issues
Josef Bacik [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:38:59 +0000 (10:38 -0400)]
jbd2: fix possible journal overflow issues

There are several cases where the running transaction can get buffers
added to its BJ_Metadata list which it never dirtied, which makes its
t_nr_buffers counter end up larger than its t_outstanding_credits
counter.

This will cause issues when starting new transactions as while we are
logging buffers we decrement t_outstanding_buffers, so when
t_outstanding_buffers goes negative, we will report that we need less
space in the journal than we actually need, so transactions will be
started even though there may not be enough room for them.  In the worst
case scenario (which admittedly is almost impossible to reproduce) this
will result in the journal running out of space.

The fix is to only refile buffers from the committing transaction to the
running transactions BJ_Modified list when b_modified is set on that
journal, which is the only way to be sure if the running transaction has
modified that buffer.

This patch also fixes an accounting error in journal_forget, it is
possible that we can call journal_forget on a buffer without having
modified it, only gotten write access to it, so instead of freeing a
credit, we only do so if the buffer was modified.  The assert will help
catch if this problem occurs.  Without these two patches I could hit
this assert within minutes of running postmark, with them this issue no
longer arises.

Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Jan Kara <jack@ucw.cz>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agojbd2: fix the way the b_modified flag is cleared
Josef Bacik [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:38:59 +0000 (10:38 -0400)]
jbd2: fix the way the b_modified flag is cleared

Currently at the start of a journal commit we loop through all of the buffers
on the committing transaction and clear the b_modified flag (the flag that is
set when a transaction modifies the buffer) under the j_list_lock.

The problem is that everywhere else this flag is modified only under the jbd2
lock buffer flag, so it will race with a running transaction who could
potentially set it, and have it unset by the committing transaction.

This is also a big waste, you can have several thousands of buffers that you
are clearing the modified flag on when you may not need to.  This patch
removes this code and instead clears the b_modified flag upon entering
do_get_write_access/journal_get_create_access, so if that transaction does
indeed use the buffer then it will be accounted for properly, and if it does
not then we know we didn't use it.

That will be important for the next patch in this series.  Tested thoroughly
by myself using postmark/iozone/bonnie++.

Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Jan Kara <jack@ucw.cz>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
13 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:50:49 +0000 (16:50 -0700)]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] Provide ACPI fixup for /proc/cpuinfo/physical_id
  [IA64] Remove printk noise on unimplemented SAL_PHYSICAL_ID_INFO
  [IA64] allocate multiple contiguous pages via uncached allocator
  [IA64] bugfix: nptcg breaks cpu-hotadd

13 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:58:24 +0000 (15:58 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/security-testing-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/security-testing-2.6:
  Smack: Integrate Smack with Audit
  Security: Typecast CAP_*_SET macros
  Security: Make secctx_to_secid() take const secdata

13 years agoSmack: Integrate Smack with Audit
Ahmed S. Darwish [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:34:10 +0000 (08:34 +1000)]
Smack: Integrate Smack with Audit

Setup the new Audit hooks for Smack. SELinux Audit rule fields are recycled
to avoid `auditd' userspace modifications. Currently only equality testing
is supported on labels acting as a subject (AUDIT_SUBJ_USER) or as an object
(AUDIT_OBJ_USER).

Signed-off-by: Ahmed S. Darwish <darwish.07@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com>
13 years agoSecurity: Typecast CAP_*_SET macros
David Howells [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:54:28 +0000 (20:54 +0100)]
Security: Typecast CAP_*_SET macros

Cast the CAP_*_SET macros to be of kernel_cap_t type to avoid compiler
warnings.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
13 years agoSecurity: Make secctx_to_secid() take const secdata
David Howells [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:52:51 +0000 (20:52 +0100)]
Security: Make secctx_to_secid() take const secdata

Make secctx_to_secid() take constant secdata.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com>
Signed-off-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
13 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzi...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:19:09 +0000 (15:19 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev:
  [libata] linux/libata.h: reorganize ata_device struct members a bit
  ahci: SB600 ahci can't do MSI, blacklist that capability
  libata: More TSSTcorp pain, keep in sync with legacy IDE
  pata_via: Fix 6410 misdetect
  [libata] pata_atiixp: fix PIO timing data misprogramming

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:18:06 +0000 (15:18 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (26 commits)
  [ARM] pxa: fix 1c104e0e4f6ab396960c058e95e18bdedcac945b
  [ARM] serial: s3c2410: platform_get_irq() may return signed unnoticed
  [ARM] am79c961a: platform_get_irq() may return signed unnoticed
  [ARM] Feroceon: Feroceon-specific WA-cache compatible {copy,clear}_user_page()
  [ARM] Feroceon: fix function alignment in proc-feroceon.S
  [ARM] Orion: catch a couple more alternative spellings of PCIe
  [ARM] Orion: fix orion-ehci platform resource end addresses
  [ARM] Orion: fix ->map_irq() PCIe bus number check
  [ARM] Orion: fix ioremap() optimization
  [ARM] feroceon: remove CONFIG_CPU_CACHE_ROUND_ROBIN check
  [ARM] feroceon: remove CONFIG_CPU_DCACHE_WRITETHROUGH check
  kprobes/arm: fix decoding of arithmetic immediate instructions
  kprobes/arm: fix cache flush address for instruction stub
  [ARM] 5022/1: Race in ARM MMCI PL18x driver, V2
  [ARM] 5021/1: at91: buildfix for sam9263 + PM
  [ARM] 5018/1: RealView: Fix the ARM11MPCore Oprofile compilation
  [ARM] 5016/1: AT91: typo in mci configuration for at91cap at91sam9263
  [ARM] 5017/1: pxa3xx: Report unsupported wakeup sources in pxa3xx_set_wake()
  [ARM] 5020/1: magician: remove __devinit marker from pasic3_leds_info
  [ARM] 5014/1: Cleanup reset state before entering suspend or resetting.
  ...

13 years ago[IA64] Provide ACPI fixup for /proc/cpuinfo/physical_id
Alex Chiang [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:05:29 +0000 (15:05 -0700)]
[IA64] Provide ACPI fixup for /proc/cpuinfo/physical_id

Legacy HP ia64 platforms currently cannot provide
/proc/cpuinfo/physical_id due to legacy SAL/PAL implementations.
However, that physical topology information can be obtained
via ACPI.

Provide an interface that gives ACPI one last chance to provide
physical_id for these legacy platforms. This logic only comes
into play iff:

- ACPI actually provides slot information for the CPU
- we lack a valid socket_id

Otherwise, we don't do anything.

Since x86 uses the ACPI processor driver as well, we provide a nop
stub function for arch_fix_phys_package_id() in asm-x86/topology.h

Signed-off-by: Alex Chiang <achiang@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
13 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:53:40 +0000 (14:53 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb: (28 commits)
  V4L-DVB(7789a): cx18: fix symbol conflict with ivtv driver
  V4L/DVB (7789): tuner: remove static dependencies on analog tuner sub-modules
  V4L/DVB (7785): [2.6 patch] make mt9{m001,v022}_controls[] static
  V4L/DVB (7786): cx18: new driver for the Conexant CX23418 MPEG encoder chip
  V4L/DVB (7783): drivers/media/dvb/frontends/s5h1420.c: printk fix
  V4L/DVB (7782): pvrusb2: Driver is no longer experimental
  V4L/DVB (7781): pvrusb2-dvb: include dvb support by default and update Kconfig help text
  V4L/DVB (7780): pvrusb2: always enable support for OnAir Creator / HDTV USB2
  V4L/DVB (7779): pvrusb2-dvb: quiet down noise in kernel log for feed debug
  Rename common tuner Kconfig names to use the same
  Fix V4L/DVB core help messages
  V4L/DVB (7769): Move other terrestrial tuners to common/tuners
  V4L/DVB (7768): reorganize some DVB-S Kconfig items
  V4L/DVB(7767): Move tuners to common/tuners
  V4L/DVB (7766): saa7134: add another PCI ID for Beholder M6
  V4L/DVB (7765): Add support for Beholder BeholdTV H6
  V4L/DVB (7763): ivtv: add tuner support for the AverMedia M116
  V4L/DVB (7762): ivtv: fix tuner detection for PAL-N/Nc
  V4L/DVB (7761): ivtv: increase the DMA timeout from 100 to 300 ms
  V4L/DVB (7759): ivtv: increase version number to 1.2.1
  ...

13 years agoMerge branch 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:48:31 +0000 (14:48 -0700)]
Merge branch 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6

* 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6:
  i2c: Convert most new-style drivers to use module aliasing
  i2c: Add support for device alias names
  i2c-amd756-s4882: Fix an error path
  i2c: Drop unused RTC driver IDs
  i2c/tps65010: Add missing intialization of client data
  i2c-sis5595: Minor cleanups in sis5595_access
  i2c-piix4: Minor cleanups
  i2c: Spelling fix (successful)
  i2c-stub: No newline in parameter description

13 years ago[libata] linux/libata.h: reorganize ata_device struct members a bit
Jeff Garzik [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:47:34 +0000 (17:47 -0400)]
[libata] linux/libata.h: reorganize ata_device struct members a bit

Put the big stuff at the end, to prepare for upcoming changes (and
also hopefully achieve nicer packing of remaining members).

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
13 years agoahci: SB600 ahci can't do MSI, blacklist that capability
Tejun Heo [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:09:22 +0000 (16:09 +0900)]
ahci: SB600 ahci can't do MSI, blacklist that capability

This fixes bz#10507.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Cc: Shane Huang <Shane.Huang@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
13 years agoV4L-DVB(7789a): cx18: fix symbol conflict with ivtv driver
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:38:51 +0000 (21:38 -0300)]
V4L-DVB(7789a): cx18: fix symbol conflict with ivtv driver

LD      drivers/media/video/built-in.o
drivers/media/video/cx18/built-in.o: In function `get_service_set':
/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/cx18/cx18-ioctl.c:118: multiple definition of `get_service_set'
drivers/media/video/ivtv/built-in.o:/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv-ioctl.c:119: first defined here
drivers/media/video/cx18/built-in.o: In function `expand_service_set':
/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/cx18/cx18-ioctl.c:92: multiple definition of `expand_service_set'
drivers/media/video/ivtv/built-in.o:/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv-ioctl.c:92: first defined here
drivers/media/video/cx18/built-in.o: In function `service2vbi':
/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/cx18/cx18-ioctl.c:44: multiple definition of `service2vbi'
drivers/media/video/ivtv/built-in.o:/home/v4l/tokernel/git/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv-ioctl.c:42: first defined here
make[2]: ** [drivers/media/video/built-in.o] Erro 1
make[1]: ** [drivers/media/video] Erro 2
make: ** [drivers/media/] Erro 2

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7789): tuner: remove static dependencies on analog tuner sub-modules
Michael Krufky [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:54:19 +0000 (03:54 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7789): tuner: remove static dependencies on analog tuner sub-modules

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7785): [2.6 patch] make mt9{m001,v022}_controls[] static
Adrian Bunk [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:13:51 +0000 (17:13 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7785): [2.6 patch] make mt9{m001,v022}_controls[] static

This patch makes the needlessly global mt9{m001,v022}_controls[] static.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7786): cx18: new driver for the Conexant CX23418 MPEG encoder chip
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:24:33 +0000 (20:24 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7786): cx18: new driver for the Conexant CX23418 MPEG encoder chip

Many thanks to Steve Toth from Hauppauge and Nattu Dakshinamurthy from
Conexant for their support. I am in particular thankful to Hauppauge
since without their help this driver would not exist. It should also
be noted that Steve did the work to get the DVB part up and running.
Thank you!

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Steven Toth <stoth@hauppauge.com>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: G. Andrew Walls <awalls@radix.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7783): drivers/media/dvb/frontends/s5h1420.c: printk fix
Andrew Morton [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:54:56 +0000 (08:54 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7783): drivers/media/dvb/frontends/s5h1420.c: printk fix

drivers/media/dvb/frontends/s5h1420.c: In function `s5h1420_setsymbolrate':
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/s5h1420.c:484: warning: long long unsigned int format, u64 arg (arg 2)

We do not know what type the architecture uses for u64.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7782): pvrusb2: Driver is no longer experimental
Mike Isely [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 00:37:33 +0000 (21:37 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7782): pvrusb2: Driver is no longer experimental

This driver has been in-kernel and reasonably stable for well over a
year.  It is in a stable form and is known to work well.  Remove its
experimental status.

Signed-off-by: Mike Isely <isely@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7781): pvrusb2-dvb: include dvb support by default and update Kconfig help...
Michael Krufky [Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:22:45 +0000 (19:22 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7781): pvrusb2-dvb: include dvb support by default and update Kconfig help text

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mike Isely <isely@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7780): pvrusb2: always enable support for OnAir Creator / HDTV USB2
Michael Krufky [Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:12:29 +0000 (19:12 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7780): pvrusb2: always enable support for OnAir Creator / HDTV USB2

This was a build option in the past, to avoid conflicts with the cxusb module
for digital televsion support.  Now that dtv mode support has been merged into
pvrusb2, the OnAir devices are fully supported by this single module.  This no
longer should be a build option.

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mike Isely <isely@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7779): pvrusb2-dvb: quiet down noise in kernel log for feed debug
Michael Krufky [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:44:59 +0000 (19:44 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7779): pvrusb2-dvb: quiet down noise in kernel log for feed debug

Get rid of the noise in dmesg during dvb feed changes,
unless the appropriate debug trace flag is enabled.

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Reviewed-by: Mike Isely <isely@pobox.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoRename common tuner Kconfig names to use the same
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:38:46 +0000 (21:38 -0300)]
Rename common tuner Kconfig names to use the same
namespace for all of them.

13 years agoFix V4L/DVB core help messages
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:38:45 +0000 (21:38 -0300)]
Fix V4L/DVB core help messages

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7769): Move other terrestrial tuners to common/tuners
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:38:45 +0000 (21:38 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7769): Move other terrestrial tuners to common/tuners

Those tuners are currently used only under media/dvb. However,
they can support also analog TV. Better to move them to the same place
as the other hybrid tuners. This would make easier to use those tuners also
by analog drivers.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7768): reorganize some DVB-S Kconfig items
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:19:58 +0000 (16:19 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7768): reorganize some DVB-S Kconfig items

There are some DVB-S tuners together with DVB-S tags, while
others together with tuners. Better to have all of them together.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB(7767): Move tuners to common/tuners
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:38:44 +0000 (21:38 -0300)]
V4L/DVB(7767): Move tuners to common/tuners

There were several issues in the past, caused by the hybrid tuner design, since
now, the same tuner can be used by drivers/media/dvb and drivers/media/video.

Kconfig items were rearranged, to split V4L/DVB core from their drivers.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7766): saa7134: add another PCI ID for Beholder M6
Igor Kuznetsov [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:59:08 +0000 (14:59 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7766): saa7134: add another PCI ID for Beholder M6

Signed-off-by: Igor Kuznetsov <igk@igk.ru>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7765): Add support for Beholder BeholdTV H6
Igor Kuznetsov [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:53:48 +0000 (14:53 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7765): Add support for Beholder BeholdTV H6

Signed-off-by: Igor Kuznetsov <igk@igk.ru>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7763): ivtv: add tuner support for the AverMedia M116
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:16:18 +0000 (14:16 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7763): ivtv: add tuner support for the AverMedia M116

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7762): ivtv: fix tuner detection for PAL-N/Nc
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:10:58 +0000 (12:10 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7762): ivtv: fix tuner detection for PAL-N/Nc

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7761): ivtv: increase the DMA timeout from 100 to 300 ms
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:22:11 +0000 (11:22 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7761): ivtv: increase the DMA timeout from 100 to 300 ms

When there is a lot of DMA traffic this timeout might sometimes be too low.
Increase it to be on the safe side.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7759): ivtv: increase version number to 1.2.1
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:43:22 +0000 (09:43 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7759): ivtv: increase version number to 1.2.1

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7758): ivtv: fix oops when itv->speed == 0 and VIDEO_CMD_PLAY is called
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:26:13 +0000 (09:26 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7758): ivtv: fix oops when itv->speed == 0 and VIDEO_CMD_PLAY is called

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7757): ivtv: add autodetect for the AVermedia M104 card
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:19:44 +0000 (09:19 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7757): ivtv: add autodetect for the AVermedia M104 card

Note that this card is only detected and not yet working.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7756): ivtv: use strlcpy instead of strcpy
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:51:51 +0000 (08:51 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7756): ivtv: use strlcpy instead of strcpy

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7755): ivtv: add support for card comments and detected but unsupported...
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:48:26 +0000 (08:48 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7755): ivtv: add support for card comments and detected but unsupported cards

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7754): ivtv: change initialization order to fix an oops when device registra...
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:43:50 +0000 (08:43 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7754): ivtv: change initialization order to fix an oops when device registration failed

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7753): saa7134: fix tuner setup
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:05:58 +0000 (14:05 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7753): saa7134: fix tuner setup

Tuner setup were happening during i2c attach callback. This means that it would
happen on two conditions:

        1) if tuner module weren't load, it will happen at request_module("tuner");

        2) if tuner is not compiled as a module, or it is already loaded
           (for example, on setups with more than one tuner), it will happen
           when saa7134 registers I2C bus.

Due to that, if tuner were loaded, tuner setup will happen _before_ reading
the proper values at tuner eeprom. Since set_addr refuses to change for a tuner
that were previously defined (except if the tuner_addr is set), this were
making eeprom tuner detection useless.

This patch removes tuner type setup from saa7134-i2c, moving it to the proper
place, after taking eeprom into account.

Reviewed-by: Hermann Pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7752): tuner-core: add a missing \n after a debug printk
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:04:10 +0000 (14:04 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7752): tuner-core: add a missing \n after a debug printk

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agoV4L/DVB (7749): cx88: fix tuner setup
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:55:09 +0000 (11:55 -0300)]
V4L/DVB (7749): cx88: fix tuner setup

Tuner setup were happening during i2c attach callback. This means that it would
happen on two conditions:

1) if tuner module weren't load, it will happen at request_module("tuner");

2) if tuner is not compiled as a module, or it is already loaded
   (for example, on setups with more than one tuner), it will happen
   when cx88 registers I2C bus.

Due to that, if tuner were loaded, tuner setup will happen _before_ reading
the proper values at tuner eeprom. Since set_addr refuses to change for a tuner
that were previously defined (except if the tuner_addr is set), this were making
eeprom tuner detection useless.

This patch removes tuner type setup from cx88-i2c, moving it to the proper
place, after taking eeprom into account.

Reviewed-by: Gert Vervoort <gert.vervoort@hccnet.nl>
Reviewed-by: Ian Pickworth <ian@pickworth.me.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@infradead.org>
13 years agolibata: More TSSTcorp pain, keep in sync with legacy IDE
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:08:36 +0000 (14:08 +0100)]
libata: More TSSTcorp pain, keep in sync with legacy IDE

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
13 years agopata_via: Fix 6410 misdetect
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:10:57 +0000 (14:10 +0100)]
pata_via: Fix 6410 misdetect

The discrete VIA ATA chips don't have 0x40 enable bits. We check that
properly in one location but not another. This causes some users 6410
RAID cards to be incorrectly skipped.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
13 years ago[libata] pata_atiixp: fix PIO timing data misprogramming
Jeff Garzik [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:39:45 +0000 (17:39 -0400)]
[libata] pata_atiixp: fix PIO timing data misprogramming

Use correct variable, achieve desired result...

Spotted by LKML/linux-ide poster whose name I lost (apologies!)

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
13 years agoi2c: Convert most new-style drivers to use module aliasing
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:40 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c: Convert most new-style drivers to use module aliasing

Based on earlier work by Jon Smirl and Jochen Friedrich.

Update most new-style i2c drivers to use standard module aliasing
instead of the old driver_name/type driver matching scheme. I've
left the video drivers apart (except for SoC camera drivers) as
they're a bit more diffcult to deal with, they'll have their own
patch later.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Cc: Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com>
Cc: Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
13 years agoi2c: Add support for device alias names
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:39 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c: Add support for device alias names

Based on earlier work by Jon Smirl and Jochen Friedrich.

This patch allows new-style i2c chip drivers to have alias names using
the official kernel aliasing system and MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(). At this
point, the old i2c driver binding scheme (driver_name/type) is still
supported.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Cc: Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
Cc: Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com>
Cc: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@vrfy.org>
13 years agoi2c-amd756-s4882: Fix an error path
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:38 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c-amd756-s4882: Fix an error path

If initialization fails, we want to restore the physical bus, not delete
it again.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
13 years agoi2c: Drop unused RTC driver IDs
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:38 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c: Drop unused RTC driver IDs

The x1208, pcf8563 and isl1208 RTC drivers have been converted to
new-style i2c drivers, so they no longer use I2C driver IDs.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Cc: Alessandro Zummo <a.zummo@towertech.it>
13 years agoi2c/tps65010: Add missing intialization of client data
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:38 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c/tps65010: Add missing intialization of client data

tps65010_remove() calls i2c_get_clientdata(client) but the client data
is never set during initialization, so it gets a NULL pointer at best.

I guess it was never spotted because the tps65010 driver is typically
not built modular so this function is discarded.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Cc: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
13 years agoi2c-sis5595: Minor cleanups in sis5595_access
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:38 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c-sis5595: Minor cleanups in sis5595_access

* Remove commented-out code.
* Use dev_warn instead of printk.
* Remove a legacy comment.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
13 years agoi2c-piix4: Minor cleanups
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:37 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c-piix4: Minor cleanups

* Remove a needless include.
* Remove a legacy comment in piix4_access.
* Minor optimization in piix4_access.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
13 years agoi2c: Spelling fix (successful)
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:37 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c: Spelling fix (successful)

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
13 years agoi2c-stub: No newline in parameter description
Jean Delvare [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:11:37 +0000 (23:11 +0200)]
i2c-stub: No newline in parameter description

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
13 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:02:48 +0000 (14:02 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband:
  RDMA/nes: Formatting cleanup
  RDMA/nes: Add support for SFP+ PHY
  RDMA/nes: Use LRO
  IPoIB: Copy child MTU from parent
  IB/mthca: Avoid changing userspace ABI to handle DMA write barrier attribute
  IB/mthca: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon
  mlx4_core: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon
  IB/ehca: Allocate event queue size depending on max number of CQs and QPs
  IPoIB: Use separate CQ for UD send completions
  IB/iser: Count FMR alignment violations per session
  IB/iser: Move high-volume debug output to higher debug level
  IB/ehca: handle negative return value from ibmebus_request_irq() properly
  RDMA/cxgb3: Support peer-2-peer connection setup
  RDMA/cxgb3: Set the max_mr_size device attribute correctly
  RDMA/cxgb3: Correctly serialize peer abort path
  mlx4_core: Add a way to set the "collapsed" CQ flag

13 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:01:25 +0000 (14:01 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6:
  alim15x3: disable init_hwif_ali15x3 for PowerPC
  ide: fix crash at boot with siimage driver

13 years agoalim15x3: disable init_hwif_ali15x3 for PowerPC
Anton Vorontsov [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:57:38 +0000 (22:57 +0200)]
alim15x3: disable init_hwif_ali15x3 for PowerPC

We don't need init_hwif_ali15x3() on the PowerPC systems either.

Before:

ALI15X3: IDE controller (0x10b9:0x5229 rev 0xc8) at  PCI slot 0001:03:1f.0
ALI15X3: 100% native mode on irq 19
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1120-0x1127
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x1128-0x112f
hda: SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hda: UDMA/66 mode selected
ide0: Disabled unable to get IRQ 14.
ide0: failed to initialize IDE interface
ide1: Disabled unable to get IRQ 15.
ide1: failed to initialize IDE interface

After:

ALI15X3: IDE controller (0x10b9:0x5229 rev 0xc8) at  PCI slot 0001:03:1f.0
ALI15X3: 100% native mode on irq 19
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1120-0x1127
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x1128-0x112f
hda: SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hda: UDMA/66 mode selected
ide0 at 0x1100-0x1107,0x110a on irq 19
ide1 at 0x1110-0x1117,0x111a on irq 19
hda: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache

ide0 works well, though I can't test ide1, it isn't traced out on
the board.

Signed-off-by: Anton Vorontsov <avorontsov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
13 years agoide: fix crash at boot with siimage driver
Benjamin Herrenschmidt [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:57:37 +0000 (22:57 +0200)]
ide: fix crash at boot with siimage driver

Some change to the IDE layer are causing the siimage driver to crash
at boot with a NULL dereference. This is due to the sil_dma_ops not
containing all the necessary pointers. I suppose it used to just
"override" the defaults while now, it needs to contain everything.

[bart: while at it: sil_dma_ops should be const now (pointed out by Sergei)]

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>,
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
13 years ago[IA64] Remove printk noise on unimplemented SAL_PHYSICAL_ID_INFO
Alex Chiang [Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:57:08 +0000 (12:57 -0600)]
[IA64] Remove printk noise on unimplemented SAL_PHYSICAL_ID_INFO

Commit 113134fcbca83619be4c68d0ca66db6093777b5d changed the flow of
control when calling PAL_LOGICAL_TO_PHYSICAL and SAL_PHYSICAL_ID_INFO.
With the change, if a platform did not implement the latter, a useless
printk would appear in the boot log:

ia64_sal_pltid failed with -1

So let's check the return code and only printk on a true error, and do
not print anything in the unimplemented case. While we're in there,
clean up some stylistic issues too.

Signed-off-by: Alex Chiang <achiang@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
13 years ago[IA64] allocate multiple contiguous pages via uncached allocator
Dean Nelson [Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:22:19 +0000 (15:22 -0500)]
[IA64] allocate multiple contiguous pages via uncached allocator

Enable the uncached allocator to allocate multiple pages of contiguous
uncached memory.

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
13 years ago[IA64] bugfix: nptcg breaks cpu-hotadd
Hidetoshi Seto [Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:13:09 +0000 (23:13 +0900)]
[IA64] bugfix: nptcg breaks cpu-hotadd

If "max_purges" from PAL is 0, it actually means 1.

However it was not handled later when a hot-added cpu pass the
max_purges from PAL.  This makes systems easy to go BUG_ON().

Signed-off-by: Hidetoshi Seto <seto.hidetoshi@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
13 years agoRDMA/nes: Formatting cleanup
Glenn Streiff [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:54 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/nes: Formatting cleanup

Various cleanups:
- Change // to /* .. */
- Place whitespace around binary operators.
- Trim down a few long lines.
- Some minor alignment formatting for better readability.
- Remove some silly tabs.

Signed-off-by: Glenn Streiff <gstreiff@neteffect.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoRDMA/nes: Add support for SFP+ PHY
Eric Schneider [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:54 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/nes: Add support for SFP+ PHY

This patch enables the iw_nes module for NetEffect RNICs to support
additional PHYs including SFP+ (referred to as ARGUS in the code).

Signed-off-by: Eric Schneider <eric.schneider@neteffect.com>
Signed-off-by: Glenn Streiff <gstreiff@neteffect.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoRDMA/nes: Use LRO
Faisal Latif [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:54 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/nes: Use LRO

Signed-off-by: Faisal Latif <flatif@neteffect.com.
Signed-off-by: Glenn Streiff <gstreiff@neteffect.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIPoIB: Copy child MTU from parent
Eli Cohen [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IPoIB: Copy child MTU from parent

When creating a child interface, copy the MTU information from the
parent.  Otherwise when the child's multicast join completes, the MTU
will not be updated since the code does

dev->mtu = min(priv->mcast_mtu, priv->admin_mtu);

and priv->admin_mtu will be set to 0.

Signed-off-by: Eli Cohen <eli@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/mthca: Avoid changing userspace ABI to handle DMA write barrier attribute
Roland Dreier [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/mthca: Avoid changing userspace ABI to handle DMA write barrier attribute

Commit cb9fbc5c ("IB: expand ib_umem_get() prototype") changed the
mthca userspace ABI to provide a way for userspace to indicate which
memory regions need the DMA write barrier attribute.  However, it is
possible to handle this without breaking existing userspace, by having
the mthca kernel driver recognize whether it is talking to old or new
userspace, depending on the size of the register MR structure passed in.

The only potential drawback of this is that is allows old userspace
(which has a bug with DMA ordering on large SGI Altix systems) to
continue to run on new kernels, but the advantage of allowing old
userspace to continue to work on unaffected systems seems to outweigh
this, and we can print a warning to push people to upgrade their
userspace.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/mthca: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon
Olaf Kirch [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/mthca: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon

When a FMR is unmapped, mthca resets the map count to 0, and clears
the upper part of the R_Key which is used as the sequence counter.

This poses a problem for RDS, which uses ib_fmr_unmap as a fence
operation.  RDS assumes that after issuing an unmap, the old R_Keys
will be invalid for a "reasonable" period of time. For instance,
Oracle processes uses shared memory buffers allocated from a pool of
buffers.  When a process dies, we want to reclaim these buffers -- but
we must make sure there are no pending RDMA operations to/from those
buffers.  The only way to achieve that is by using unmap and sync the
TPT.

However, when the sequence count is reset on unmap, there is a high
likelihood that a new mapping will be given the same R_Key that was
issued a few milliseconds ago.

To prevent this, don't reset the sequence count when unmapping a FMR.

Signed-off-by: Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agomlx4_core: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon
Olaf Kirch [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
mlx4_core: Avoid recycling old FMR R_Keys too soon

When a FMR is unmapped, mlx4 resets the map count to 0, and clears the
upper part of the R_Key which is used as the sequence counter.

This poses a problem for RDS, which uses ib_fmr_unmap as a fence
operation.  RDS assumes that after issuing an unmap, the old R_Keys
will be invalid for a "reasonable" period of time. For instance,
Oracle processes uses shared memory buffers allocated from a pool of
buffers.  When a process dies, we want to reclaim these buffers -- but
we must make sure there are no pending RDMA operations to/from those
buffers.  The only way to achieve that is by using unmap and sync the
TPT.

However, when the sequence count is reset on unmap, there is a high
likelihood that a new mapping will be given the same R_Key that was
issued a few milliseconds ago.

To prevent this, don't reset the sequence count when unmapping a FMR.

Signed-off-by: Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/ehca: Allocate event queue size depending on max number of CQs and QPs
Stefan Roscher [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/ehca: Allocate event queue size depending on max number of CQs and QPs

If a lot of QPs fall into Error state at once and the EQ of the
respective HCA is too small, it might overrun, causing the eHCA driver
to stop processing completion events and calling the application's
completion handlers, effectively causing traffic to stop.

Fix this by limiting available QPs and CQs to a customizable max
count, and determining EQ size based on these counts and a worst-case
assumption.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Roscher <stefan.roscher@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIPoIB: Use separate CQ for UD send completions
Eli Cohen [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:53 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IPoIB: Use separate CQ for UD send completions

Use a dedicated CQ for UD send completions. Also, do not arm the UD
send CQ, which reduces the number of interrupts generated.  This patch
farther reduces overhead by not calling poll CQ for every posted send
WR -- it does polls only when there 16 or more outstanding work requests.

Signed-off-by: Eli Cohen <eli@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/iser: Count FMR alignment violations per session
Eli Dorfman [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:52 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/iser: Count FMR alignment violations per session

Count FMR alignment violations per session as part of the iscsi
statistics.

Signed-off-by: Eli Dorfman <elid@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/iser: Move high-volume debug output to higher debug level
Eli Dorfman [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:52 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/iser: Move high-volume debug output to higher debug level

Add another level for debug.

Signed-off-by: Eli Dorfman <elid@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoIB/ehca: handle negative return value from ibmebus_request_irq() properly
Hoang-Nam Nguyen [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:52 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
IB/ehca: handle negative return value from ibmebus_request_irq() properly

ehca_create_eq() was assigning a signed return value to an unsiged
local variable and then checking if the variable was < 0, which meant
that errors were always ignored.  Fix this by using one variable for
signed integer return values and another for u64 hcall return values.

Bug originally found by Roel Kluin <12o3l@tiscali.nl>.

Signed-off-by: Hoang-Nam Nguyen <hnguyen@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoRDMA/cxgb3: Support peer-2-peer connection setup
Steve Wise [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:52 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/cxgb3: Support peer-2-peer connection setup

Open MPI, Intel MPI and other applications don't respect the iWARP
requirement that the client (active) side of the connection send the
first RDMA message.  This class of application connection setup is
called peer-to-peer.  Typically once the connection is setup, _both_
sides want to send data.

This patch enables supporting peer-to-peer over the chelsio RNIC by
enforcing this iWARP requirement in the driver itself as part of RDMA
connection setup.

Connection setup is extended, when the peer2peer module option is 1,
such that the MPA initiator will send a 0B Read (the RTR) just after
connection setup.  The MPA responder will suspend SQ processing until
the RTR message is received and reply-to.

In the longer term, this will be handled in a standardized way by
enhancing the MPA negotiation so peers can indicate whether they
want/need the RTR and what type of RTR (0B read, 0B write, or 0B send)
should be sent.  This will be done by standardizing a few bits of the
private data in order to negotiate all this.  However this patch
enables peer-to-peer applications now and allows most of the required
firmware and driver changes to be done and tested now.

Design:

 - Add a module option, peer2peer, to enable this mode.

 - New firmware support for peer-to-peer mode:

- a new bit in the rdma_init WR to tell it to do peer-2-peer
  and what form of RTR message to send or expect.

- process _all_ preposted recvs before moving the connection
  into rdma mode.

- passive side: defer completing the rdma_init WR until all
  pre-posted recvs are processed.  Suspend SQ processing until
  the RTR is received.

- active side: expect and process the 0B read WR on offload TX
  queue. Defer completing the rdma_init WR until all
  pre-posted recvs are processed.  Suspend SQ processing until
  the 0B read WR is processed from the offload TX queue.

 - If peer2peer is set, driver posts 0B read request on offload TX
   queue just after posting the rdma_init WR to the offload TX queue.

 - Add CQ poll logic to ignore unsolicitied read responses.

Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoRDMA/cxgb3: Set the max_mr_size device attribute correctly
Steve Wise [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:52 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/cxgb3: Set the max_mr_size device attribute correctly

cxgb3 only supports 4GB memory regions.  The lustre RDMA code uses
this attribute and currently has to code around our bad setting.

Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoRDMA/cxgb3: Correctly serialize peer abort path
Steve Wise [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:51 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
RDMA/cxgb3: Correctly serialize peer abort path

Open MPI and other stress testing exposed a few bad bugs in handling
aborts in the middle of a normal close.  Fix these by:

 - serializing abort reply and peer abort processing with disconnect
   processing

 - warning (and ignoring) if ep timer is stopped when it wasn't running

 - cleaning up disconnect path to correctly deal with aborting and
   dead endpoints

 - in iwch_modify_qp(), taking a ref on the ep before releasing the qp
   lock if iwch_ep_disconnect() will be called.  The ref is dropped
   after calling disconnect.

Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agomlx4_core: Add a way to set the "collapsed" CQ flag
Yevgeny Petrilin [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:46:50 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
mlx4_core: Add a way to set the "collapsed" CQ flag

Extend the mlx4_cq_resize() API with a way to set the "collapsed" flag
for the CQ being created.

Signed-off-by: Yevgeny Petrilin <yevgenyp@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
13 years agoMerge branch 'orion-fixes2'
Russell King [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:31:13 +0000 (21:31 +0100)]
Merge branch 'orion-fixes2'

13 years agoMerge branches 'pxa' and 'orion-fixes1'
Russell King [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:31:06 +0000 (21:31 +0100)]
Merge branches 'pxa' and 'orion-fixes1'

13 years ago[ARM] pxa: fix 1c104e0e4f6ab396960c058e95e18bdedcac945b
Russell King [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:28:03 +0000 (21:28 +0100)]
[ARM] pxa: fix 1c104e0e4f6ab396960c058e95e18bdedcac945b

The referenced commit changed the order such that the CPU code was
initialised before MFP, resulting in unregistered MFP sysfs objects
being referenced.  Reverse the link order of these so MFP is
initialised before the CPU code.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
13 years agotrivial: fix user-visible typo in hfsplus
Dave Jones [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:01:22 +0000 (16:01 -0400)]
trivial: fix user-visible typo in hfsplus

Signed-off-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoSecurity: Typecast CAP_*_SET macros
David Howells [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:54:28 +0000 (20:54 +0100)]
Security: Typecast CAP_*_SET macros

Cast the CAP_*_SET macros to be of kernel_cap_t type to avoid compiler
warnings.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoSecurity: Make secctx_to_secid() take const secdata
David Howells [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:52:51 +0000 (20:52 +0100)]
Security: Make secctx_to_secid() take const secdata

Make secctx_to_secid() take constant secdata.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoImprove queue_is_locked()
Jens Axboe [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:31:27 +0000 (21:31 +0200)]
Improve queue_is_locked()

spin_is_locked() doesn't work on UP without spinlock debugging. Make it
safer and just return 1 on UP, so we don't get false positives. The plan
is to kill this debug function during the -rc cycle.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agodrivers/net/tehuti: use proper capability check for raw IO access
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:45:16 +0000 (11:45 -0700)]
drivers/net/tehuti: use proper capability check for raw IO access

Yeah, in practice they both mean "root", but Alan correctly points out
that anybody who gets to do raw IO space accesses should really be using
CAP_SYS_RAWIO rather than CAP_NET_ADMIN.

Pointed-out-by: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoMerge branch 'audit.b50' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/audit...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:41:22 +0000 (11:41 -0700)]
Merge branch 'audit.b50' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/audit-current

* 'audit.b50' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/audit-current:
  [PATCH] new predicate - AUDIT_FILETYPE
  [patch 2/2] Use find_task_by_vpid in audit code
  [patch 1/2] audit: let userspace fully control TTY input auditing
  [PATCH 2/2] audit: fix sparse shadowed variable warnings
  [PATCH 1/2] audit: move extern declarations to audit.h
  Audit: MAINTAINERS update
  Audit: increase the maximum length of the key field
  Audit: standardize string audit interfaces
  Audit: stop deadlock from signals under load
  Audit: save audit_backlog_limit audit messages in case auditd comes back
  Audit: collect sessionid in netlink messages
  Audit: end printk with newline

13 years agodrivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_ioctl.c: fix build
akpm@linux-foundation.org [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:47:54 +0000 (10:47 -0700)]
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_ioctl.c: fix build

argh.  A hunk got lost from "proc: remove proc_bus"

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agodm: use unlocked variants of queue flag check/set
Jens Axboe [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:12:35 +0000 (19:12 +0200)]
dm: use unlocked variants of queue flag check/set

dm.c already provides mutual exclusion through ->map_lock.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:17:59 +0000 (10:17 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6: (21 commits)
  pciehp: fix error message about getting hotplug control
  pci/irq: let pci_device_shutdown to call pci_msi_shutdown v2
  pci/irq: restore mask_bits in msi shutdown -v3
  doc: replace yet another dev with pdev for consistency in DMA-mapping.txt
  PCI: don't expose struct pci_vpd to userspace
  doc: fix an incorrect suggestion to pass NULL for PCI like buses
  Consistently use pdev as the variable of type struct pci_dev *.
  pciehp: Fix command write
  shpchp: fix slot name
  make pciehp_acpi_get_hp_hw_control_from_firmware()
  pciehp: Clean up pcie_init()
  pciehp: Mask hotplug interrupt at controller release
  pciehp: Remove useless hotplug interrupt enabling
  pciehp: Fix wrong slot capability check
  pciehp: Fix wrong slot control register access
  pciehp: Add missing memory barrier
  pciehp: Fix interrupt event handlig
  pciehp: fix slot name
  Update MAINTAINERS with location of PCI tree
  PCI: Add Intel SCH PCI IDs
  ...

13 years agoblock: fix queue locking verification
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:16:38 +0000 (10:16 -0700)]
block: fix queue locking verification

The new queue_flag_set/clear() functions verify that the queue is
locked, but in doing so they will actually instead oops if the queue
lock hasn't been initialized at all.

So fix the lock debug test to consider the "no lock" case to be
unlocked.  This way you get a nice WARN_ON_ONCE() instead of a fatal
oops.

Bug introduced by commit 75ad23bc0fcb4f992a5d06982bf0857ab1738e9e
("block: make queue flags non-atomic").

Cc: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
Cc: Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
13 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:38:52 +0000 (09:38 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6:
  [ALSA] soc - wm9712 - checkpatch fixes
  [ALSA] pcsp - Fix more dependency
  [ALSA] hda - Add support of Medion RIM 2150
  [ALSA] ASoC: Add drivers for the Texas Instruments OMAP processors
  [ALSA] ice1724 - Enable watermarks
  [ALSA] Add MPU401_INFO_NO_ACK bitflag

13 years ago[ALSA] soc - wm9712 - checkpatch fixes
Mark Brown [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:15:28 +0000 (14:15 +0100)]
[ALSA] soc - wm9712 - checkpatch fixes

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
13 years ago[ALSA] pcsp - Fix more dependency
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:35:41 +0000 (12:35 +0200)]
[ALSA] pcsp - Fix more dependency

Added the missing dependency and select for snd-pcsp driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
13 years ago[ALSA] hda - Add support of Medion RIM 2150
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:25:04 +0000 (15:25 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda - Add support of Medion RIM 2150

Added the support of Medion RIM 2150 laptop with ALC880 codec.
ALSA bug#3708:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3708

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>