linux-2.6.git
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix typos in document
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:35:55 +0000 (15:35 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix typos in document

Modules: Documentation

Fixed typos in document.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix missing AD1986a capsrc
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:05:39 +0000 (20:05 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix missing AD1986a capsrc

Modules: HDA Codec driver

Fix missing AD1986a capsrc setting in the last patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD198x recording and add HP model
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:54:39 +0000 (19:54 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD198x recording and add HP model

Modules: HDA Codec driver

- Fixed recording of AD1981HD/AD1983/AD1986A
- Added model 'hp' to AD1981HD for HP nx6320

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs entry for ASRock mobo
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:52:23 +0000 (19:52 +0100)]
[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs entry for ASRock mobo

Modules: VIA82xx driver

Add dxs_support entry for ASRock mobo.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Update description of hda-intel models
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:16:53 +0000 (14:16 +0100)]
[ALSA] Update description of hda-intel models

Modules: Documentation

Updated the description of hda-intel models for realtek codecs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC262 for Fujitsu laptop
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:16:17 +0000 (14:16 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC262 for Fujitsu laptop

Modules: HDA Codec driver,HDA generic driver

Add 'fujitsu' model for ALC262 patch to support a FSC laptop.
The internal speaker is turned on/off with jack sensing.

Also fixed alc262 'basic' model.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix wordclock status on Delta1010LT
Doug McLain [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:53:06 +0000 (11:53 +0100)]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix wordclock status on Delta1010LT

Modules: ICE1712 driver

I posted this patch to bug 1806 a while back, and have been awaiting a
reply or commit.  It currently reports the Locked/No Signal text
backwards in envy24control, since i was using an older version of
envy24control when I wrote the original code.  The Locked/No Signal test
was recently reversed in envy24control cvs, so the test in my code needs
to be reversed as well.  Here is the patch, once again.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 7/7 - add SPDIF enable to test model
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:47:47 +0000 (11:47 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 7/7 - add SPDIF enable to test model

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch adds mixer controls to the 'test' ALC260 model which allow the
user to selectively enable or disable the SPDIF output pins.  This should
assist people identify digital outputs on machines which bring them to the
outside world.

Note that while the patch *should* work, I cannot personally verify it since
my laptop doesn't bring the SPDIF lines out.

As for the GPIO switches added in patch 4, these controls are currently
only compiled in if debug mode is selected.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 6/7 - Fujitsu/test model tweaks
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:46:14 +0000 (11:46 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 6/7 - Fujitsu/test model tweaks

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch is janitorial - it cleans up a number of cosmetic issues with
the 'fujitsu' and 'test' models.  Issues addressed:

 * spaces instead of tabs used for some indents,

 * clarified/corrected selected comments.

Unlike a patch from earlier this week, this keeps both ADCs connected to
the mic1 pin widget by default.  I believe this is the better default, since
some laptops don't bring the line1 widget to the outside world.  Most (if
not all) do bring mic1 out though, so it seems to me that this default
should remain in place.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 5/7 - add 'acer' model
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:45:11 +0000 (11:45 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 5/7 - add 'acer' model

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch adds a new 'acer' model.  It is based on work by Rimas and many
other dedicated Acer owners over the past few weeks (see bug number
1618) - kudos to them. This adds support for a variety of Acer laptops,
although we are still in the process of collecting pci/subsystem IDs to add.
There are still some potentially outstanding issues: there are reports that
the CD control might not yet be functional for example.  However, the time
is probably right to get a 'first cut' into the kernel which can be refined
as more test reports come in.

From the reports by various Acer owners, this code allows them to record
from internal mics and external jacks.  Playback also seems to work to all
external jacks and the internal speaker.  The 'beep' control doesn't appear
functional at the moment.

This patch depends on the changes made in patch 3/7.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 4/7 - add GPIO switches to test model
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:43:27 +0000 (11:43 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 4/7 - add GPIO switches to test model

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch adds 'test' model mixer switches for the GPIO controls found on
the ALC260.  It has been found that some laptops (eg: Acer) can use these to
enable particular controls, so it would be useful to have access to these
via the 'test' model.  It will make testing new models easy, especially if
certain outputs cannot be made to work any other way.

This patch *should* work, but because the GPIO pins don't do anything in
my laptop I cannot personally verify that all this works as expected.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 3/7 - generalise some structures
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:38:35 +0000 (11:38 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 3/7 - generalise some structures

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch generalises a structure added for the 'fujitsu' model but which
is potentially useful for other models as well.  It turns the
'alc260_fujitsu_adc_nids' array into 'alc260_dual_adc_nids'; for other
models which decide to utilise the dual ADC functionality there's really
no reason why they need to define their own list of ADC nids.

The 'fujitsu' model preset is adjusted accordingly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 2/7 - switch pin buffer enables
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:36:42 +0000 (11:36 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 2/7 - switch pin buffer enables

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch adds functionality which switches the input/output buffer enables
of retasking pins when the user changes their mode with the mode control.
This probably reduces noise *slightly* for recording compared to the case
where both input and output buffers were enabled simultaneously.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 1/7 - Fix test model input mux label
Jonathan Woithe [Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:35:18 +0000 (11:35 +0100)]
[ALSA] HDA/ALC260: 1/7 - Fix test model input mux label

Modules: HDA Codec driver

This patch fixes input mux labels used for the ALC260 'test' model.  This is
needed to avoid confusion which comes about because the two ADCs in the
ALC260 have slightly different mappings for their input selectors. Since
this is just the test model it's sufficient to simply report both options
where they exist.  If a model comes along for which this becomes an issue,
the ALC260 input mux code will have to be extended to allow different mux
layouts for different ADCs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Don't NULL check vfree argument in pdaudiocf_pcm.c
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:35:46 +0000 (18:35 +0100)]
[ALSA] Don't NULL check vfree argument in pdaudiocf_pcm.c

Modules: PDAudioCF driver

Don't check pointers passed to vfree for null in pdaudiocf_pcm.c

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <Jesper.Juhl@Gmail.Com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] opti9x - Fix compile without CONFIG_PNP
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:23:46 +0000 (17:23 +0100)]
[ALSA] opti9x - Fix compile without CONFIG_PNP

Modules: Opti9xx drivers

Fix compile errors without CONFIG_PNP.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] cs4236 - Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:20:41 +0000 (17:20 +0100)]
[ALSA] cs4236 - Fix a typo

Modules: CS4236+ driver

Fixed a typo in snd_cs4236_put_master_digital(), resulting in silence
right channel.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: optimize snd_usbmidi_count_bits()
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:53:03 +0000 (09:53 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: optimize snd_usbmidi_count_bits()

Modules: USB generic driver

Reduce the code size of the snd_usbmidi_count_bits() function by using
simpler operations.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix sleep in atomic in virmidi driver
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:14:34 +0000 (17:14 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix sleep in atomic in virmidi driver

Modules: ALSA sequencer

 Debug: sleeping function called from invalid context at /usr/src/linux/include/linux/rwsem.h:43
 in_atomic():1, irqs_disabled():0
  [<f999d15e>] snd_seq_deliver_event+0xb4/0x1a8 [snd_seq]
  [<f999d2be>] snd_seq_kernel_client_dispatch+0x6c/0x7c [snd_seq]
  [<f93321fc>] snd_virmidi_output_trigger+0xca/0xe5 [snd_seq_virmidi]

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] pcm - Move PAUSE ioctl to common ioctl handler
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:14:50 +0000 (14:14 +0100)]
[ALSA] pcm - Move PAUSE ioctl to common ioctl handler

Modules: PCM Midlevel

Moved PAUSE ioctl to the common ioctl handler.
A capture stream may issue PAUSE, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix check of enable module option
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:57:34 +0000 (11:57 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix check of enable module option

Fix the check of enable module option in probe of platform_device drivers.
It shouldn't break the loop but just ignore if enable[i] is false.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Auto-correction of the DMA position mode
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:51:10 +0000 (19:51 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Auto-correction of the DMA position mode

Modules: HDA Intel driver

Switch the method to measure the current DMA position automatically
from position-buffer mode to LPIB-read mode with a sanity check.
Some hardwares seems to have problem with the position buffer.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Automatic correction to single_cmd mode
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:17:58 +0000 (18:17 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Automatic correction to single_cmd mode

Modules: HDA Codec driver,HDA Intel driver

Switch to single_cmd mode automatically as a fallback when CORB/RIRB
communication doesn't work well.  It may make the driver working on
some devices with broken BIOS/ACPI support.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing model entries for Intel 945 boards
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:16:17 +0000 (18:16 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing model entries for Intel 945 boards

Modules: HDA Codec driver

Added the missing entries for Intel 945 boards.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - wait for ICH_RESETREGS
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:31:23 +0000 (13:31 +0100)]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - wait for ICH_RESETREGS

Modules: Intel8x0 driver

It seems that hardware requires some time to reset bus master registers.
We need to wait until ICH_RESETREGS bit is not released.

The suggestion and symptom was described by Mike Gorchak <lestat@i.com.ua>.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Delta 1010LT S/PDIF fixes
Jaroslav Kysela [Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:42:17 +0000 (08:42 +0100)]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Delta 1010LT S/PDIF fixes

Modules: ICE1712 driver

See ALSA bug#1806 for details.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] no need to check pointers passed to vfree() for NULL
Jesper Juhl [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:04:16 +0000 (20:04 +0100)]
[ALSA] no need to check pointers passed to vfree() for NULL

Modules: Digigram VX core,USB generic driver

There's no need to check pointers passed to vfree() for NULL.

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - Remove duplicated entry in lm4550_restbl
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:29:44 +0000 (16:29 +0100)]
[ALSA] ac97 - Remove duplicated entry in lm4550_restbl

Modules: AC97 Codec

Removed the duplicated entry in lm4550_restbl.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ad1816a - Fix PCM trigger direction
Ken Arromdee [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:50:26 +0000 (13:50 +0100)]
[ALSA] ad1816a - Fix PCM trigger direction

Modules: AD1816A driver

Fixed the bug of capture with Shark Predator ISA resulting in:
arecord: pcm_read:1196: read error: Input/output error

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs entry for FSC Amilo L7300
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:04:36 +0000 (12:04 +0100)]
[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs entry for FSC Amilo L7300

Modules: VIA82xx driver

Added dxs_support entry for FSC Amilo L7300.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda: ALC260 test model implementation
Jonathan Woithe [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:01:26 +0000 (12:01 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda: ALC260 test model implementation

Modules: HDA Codec driver

The following patch adds a 'test' ALC260 model specification to the
patch_realtek.c driver if CONFIG_SND_DEBUG is set.  This is similar to the
'test' ALC880 model in that it sets up mixer controls for almost everything
to make it easier for people to test their laptop/soundcard when working out
what pin widgets are connected to which real-world devices.

This patch assumes my previous patch (adding the second PCM to the ALC260)
has previously been applied since it uses infrastructure added by that
patch.

In developing this patch it was found that not all retasking pins accept all
the modes - in particular, some ignore the VREFxx variants.  The pin mode
control has therefore been tweaked to prevent this becoming a problem in
mixer applications.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda: minor correction to fujitsu ALC260 initverbs
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:57:01 +0000 (11:57 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda: minor correction to fujitsu ALC260 initverbs

Modules: HDA Codec driver

Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@physics.adelaide.edu.au>

The following patch changes the initverbs associated with the output sum
widgets 0x08, 0x09 and 0x0a used with the fujitsu model in patch_realtek.c.
It is against alsa 1.0.11rc3.

Currently these widgets have their output muted, but a close reading of the
datasheet suggests that they don't actually have an output mute.  They have
an *input* mute for each of their two inputs and a single output gain. This
patch therefore activates the input mutes and zeros the output gain.  It has
not yet been tested but the above interpretation of the ALC260 datasheet
seems correct.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda: add PCM for 2nd ADC on ALC260
Jonathan Woithe [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:53:48 +0000 (11:53 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda: add PCM for 2nd ADC on ALC260

Modules: HDA Codec driver

The following patch against alsa 1.0.11rc3 creates a PCM device (pcm1c) for
the second ADC present on the ALC260 codec used by the hda driver.  It also
defines a new mixer control allowing the mode of retasking pins to be set;
this means a user can (for example) designate the headphone jack to be a
second input. With this patch in place it is possible to do 4 channel
recording on laptops equipped with an ALC260 codec assuming both a stereo
line-in jack is provided in addition to a headphone jack.

Mixer controls are provided to allow the headphone jack to be switched as
an input.  In addition, an (input only) mode control is configured for
the line-in jack to allow a bias voltage to be requested (VREF80 or VREF50)
so headsets based on condensor microphones have a chance of working.

This patch has been tested on a Fujitsu S7020 laptop and as such these
features are currently only configured for the 'fujitsu' model.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - Added a codec patch for LM4550
Charl Coetzee [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:48:21 +0000 (11:48 +0100)]
[ALSA] ac97 - Added a codec patch for LM4550

Modules: AC97 Codec

Added a codec patch for LM4550.  It sets up a static volume resolution
table.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - Add support of static resolution tables
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:45:20 +0000 (11:45 +0100)]
[ALSA] ac97 - Add support of static resolution tables

Modules: AC97 Codec

Added the support of static resolution table support for codecs
that the driver cannot probe the volume resolution properly.

The table pointer should be set in each codec patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add Miditech Play'n Roll support
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:38:23 +0000 (12:38 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add Miditech Play'n Roll support

Modules: USB generic driver

Add a quirk entry for the Miditech Play'n Roll.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] bt848 - added Leadtek Winfast tv 2000xp delux to whitelist
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:10:36 +0000 (09:10 +0100)]
[ALSA] bt848 - added Leadtek Winfast tv 2000xp delux to whitelist

Modules: BT87x driver

- added 0x107d:0x6606 to whitelist
- print also the pci device ID for developers when model is not known

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - disable unused ADCs & DACs on DMX6fire
Alan Horstmann [Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:40:33 +0000 (07:40 +0100)]
[ALSA] ice1712 - disable unused ADCs & DACs on DMX6fire

Modules: ICE1712 driver

Change the value written to hardware configuration register of envy24 chip
in the case of Terratec DMX6fire to restrict the active ADCs & DACs to 6.

Also add the dxr_enable module option to eventually leave the old behaviour
when user requests.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: rename QUIRK_MIDI_MIDITECH to QUIRK_MIDI_CME
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:11:06 +0000 (17:11 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: rename QUIRK_MIDI_MIDITECH to QUIRK_MIDI_CME

Modules: USB generic driver

Rename QUIRK_MIDI_MIDITECH to QUIRK_MIDI_CME because Miditech keyboards
are built by CME and use the same protocol, and don't force a Miditech
product name for the USB ID used by both Miditech and CME UF-x
keyboards.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 & cs8427 - fix problem for S/PDIF input setup
Jaroslav Kysela [Thu, 2 Feb 2006 06:56:54 +0000 (07:56 +0100)]
[ALSA] ice1712 & cs8427 - fix problem for S/PDIF input setup

Modules: I2C cs8427,ICE1712 driver

See ALSA bug#1785 for more details.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] Removed unneeded page-reserve
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:44:28 +0000 (14:44 +0100)]
[ALSA] Removed unneeded page-reserve

Modules: Memalloc module

Removed unneeded page-reservation.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Use dma_alloc_coherent() hack on i386 only
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:49:18 +0000 (15:49 +0100)]
[ALSA] Use dma_alloc_coherent() hack on i386 only

Modules: Memalloc module

Use dma_alloc_coherent() hack on i386 only (as a valid arch).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix mulaw -> linear conversion in OSS PCM emulation
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:13:45 +0000 (17:13 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix mulaw -> linear conversion in OSS PCM emulation

Modules: ALSA<-OSS emulation

Fixed the missing mulaw -> linear conversion in OSS PCM emulation code.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Add the notes on PM to ens1370/ens1371 sections
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:05:06 +0000 (14:05 +0100)]
[ALSA] Add the notes on PM to ens1370/ens1371 sections

Modules: Documentation

Add the notes on PM to ens1370/ens1371 sections.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add UM-1EX/UM-2EX information
Clemens Ladisch [Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:25:19 +0000 (08:25 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add UM-1EX/UM-2EX information

Modules: USB generic driver

Add comments with information about UM-1EX/UM-2EX devices.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: fix number of G-70 ports
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:53 +0000 (15:44 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: fix number of G-70 ports

Modules: USB generic driver

The G-70 has one MIDI port in each direction, no two.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] snd_pcm_format_name() is no longer exported
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:50:40 +0000 (11:50 +0100)]
[ALSA] snd_pcm_format_name() is no longer exported

Modules: PCM Midlevel,USB generic driver

Because snd_pcm_format_name() function is used only for informational
purposes, it is no longer exported from the PCM midlevel to reduce
space and dependency. usbaudio module shows only numeric value for format.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add Roland G-70 support
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:53:32 +0000 (08:53 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add Roland G-70 support

Modules: USB generic driver

Add a quirk entry for the Roland G-70.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci - make rear channel swap optional
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:02:24 +0000 (08:02 +0100)]
[ALSA] ymfpci - make rear channel swap optional

Modules: YMFPCI driver

Added rear_swap module option / kernel parameter to configure the rear
channel swapping. Default value is enable to make the AC3 passthrough
working, but analog only users might revert the previous behaviour.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (Archs, misc buses)
Ingo Molnar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:36:05 +0000 (16:36 +0100)]
[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (Archs, misc buses)

Semaphore to mutex conversion.

The conversion was generated via scripts, and the result was validated
automatically via a script as well.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (PCI part)
Ingo Molnar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:34:20 +0000 (16:34 +0100)]
[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (PCI part)

Semaphore to mutex conversion.

The conversion was generated via scripts, and the result was validated
automatically via a script as well.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (ISA part)
Ingo Molnar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:33:08 +0000 (16:33 +0100)]
[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (ISA part)

Semaphore to mutex conversion.

The conversion was generated via scripts, and the result was validated
automatically via a script as well.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (driver part)
Ingo Molnar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:31:42 +0000 (16:31 +0100)]
[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (driver part)

Semaphore to mutex conversion.

The conversion was generated via scripts, and the result was validated
automatically via a script as well.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (core part)
Ingo Molnar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:29:08 +0000 (16:29 +0100)]
[ALSA] semaphore -> mutex (core part)

Semaphore to mutex conversion.

The conversion was generated via scripts, and the result was validated
automatically via a script as well.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] au88x0 - Fix structs for equalizer
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:59:01 +0000 (12:59 +0100)]
[ALSA] au88x0 - Fix structs for equalizer

Modules: au88x0 driver

Fixed the structures for equalizer.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] #4/4 for Zoom Video - add Zoom Video support
Mark Salazar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:35:40 +0000 (11:35 +0100)]
[ALSA] #4/4 for Zoom Video - add Zoom Video support

Modules: ES18xx driver

Forth of 4 es18xx.c patches culminating in Zoom Video support.

This patch adds Zoom Video support for those chipsets that support it.

Testing:
This work was initially done on the source from the Debian Sarge ALSA
package, then tested
on an ES1879. I could not test the Zoom Video function for an ES1878 or
ES1869.
Patches were created against the Sarge code and then edited to apply
correctly to the
ALSA cvs code. Lastly the patched ALSA cvs code was test for successful
compilation.
No additional testing was done on the ALSA cvs version.

One quirk (noted in my comments below) is that apparently the datasheet
is wrong
for one of the ES1879 Zoom Video 'enable' bits, because
 1) if you set this bit it messes up PCM playback (speaker_test play a
lower frequency)
 2) even if you don't set this bit Zoom Video still works.
I added a control to toggle the bit on just in case there might be a
version of the
ES1879 that requires it, but I expect noone will need it.

Signed-off-by: Mark Salazar <markTheCoder@justmyself.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] #3/4 for Zoom Video - change Hardware Volume interrupt handling
Mark Salazar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:33:52 +0000 (11:33 +0100)]
[ALSA] #3/4 for Zoom Video - change Hardware Volume interrupt handling

Modules: ES18xx driver

Third of 4 es18xx.c patches culminating in Zoom Video support.

This patch changes the Hardware Volume support to reflect the fact that
not all of the
supported chipsets have seperate registers dedicated to the Hardware
Volume inputs. Although
all the chipsets can generate an HWV interrupt whenever a Hardware
Volume input is received
only those with seperate HWV registers can split the HWV registers from
the Master volume
registers.

Testing:
This work was initially done on the source from the Debian Sarge ALSA
package, then tested
on an ES1879 and an ES1878 machine. Patches were created against the
Sarge code and then edited
to apply correctly to the ALSA cvs code. Lastly the patched ALSA cvs
code was test for
successful compilation. No additional testing was done on the ALSA cvs
version.

Signed-off-by: Mark Salazar <markTheCoder@justmyself.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] #2/4 for Zoom Video - resolve number of record sources
Mark Salazar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:31:14 +0000 (11:31 +0100)]
[ALSA] #2/4 for Zoom Video - resolve number of record sources

Modules: ES18xx driver

Second of 4 es18xx.c patches culminating in Zoom Video support.

This patch changes the 'record source' mux routines to reflect the fact
that not all of the
supported chipsets have 8 possible inputs. Some have 4 and some have 5.

Testing:
This work was initially done on the source from the Debian Sarge ALSA
package, then tested
on an ES1879 and an ES1878 machine. Patches were created against the
Sarge code and then edited
to apply correctly to the ALSA cvs code. Lastly the patched ALSA cvs
code was test for
successful compilation. No additional testing was done on the ALSA cvs
version.

Signed-off-by: Mark Salazar <markTheCoder@justmyself.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] #1/4 for Zoom Video - resolve common vs chipset specific mixer controls
Mark Salazar [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:29:09 +0000 (11:29 +0100)]
[ALSA] #1/4 for Zoom Video - resolve common vs chipset specific mixer controls

Modules: ES18xx driver

First of 4 es18xx.c patches culminating in Zoom Video support.
While adding support for Zoom Video to the es18xx driver I found some of
the mixer controls
were wrong. Since you guys went to the trouble of supplying the
datasheets for the supported
chipsets I did a review of all of them and tried to get es18xx.c to
accurately reflect the
proper mixer controls for each chipset. If the datasheets are wrong then
so are my patches.

This first patch moves some controls from the common-to-all-chipsets array
'snd_es18xx_base_controls' to a chipset-specific array and adds code to
manage that new array.
Also while testing on my ES1878 test machine I discovered it needed a
couple of udelays in
the identify function so those are in this patch as well.

Testing:
This work was initially done on the source from the Debian Sarge ALSA
package, then tested
on an ES1879 and an ES1878 machine. Patches were created against the
Sarge code and then edited
to apply correctly to the ALSA cvs code. Lastly the patched ALSA cvs
code was test for
successful compilation. No additional testing was done on the ALSA cvs
version.

Signed-off-by: Mark Salazar <markTheCoder@justmyself.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add Edirol PC-50 support
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:03:52 +0000 (08:03 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add Edirol PC-50 support

Modules: USB generic driver

Add a quirk entry for the Edirol PC-50.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix snd_xxx_t typedefs
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:48:06 +0000 (18:48 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix snd_xxx_t typedefs

Modules: PXA Mainstone driver,CX88 driver,SAA7134 driver

Replace snd_xxx_t typedefs with explicit structs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] au88x0 - 64bit arch fixes
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:16:29 +0000 (17:16 +0100)]
[ALSA] au88x0 - 64bit arch fixes

Modules: au88x0 driver

Fix the driver codes to run on 64bit architectures.
The patch taken from ALSA BTS bug#1047.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Update description of ice1724 driver
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:56:33 +0000 (13:56 +0100)]
[ALSA] Update description of ice1724 driver

Modules: Documentation

Updated the description of ice1724 driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Add support of Prodigy-7.1LT
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:50:16 +0000 (13:50 +0100)]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Add support of Prodigy-7.1LT

Modules: ICE1712 driver

Added the support of Prodigy-7.1LT board.
The patch taken from ALSA BTS bug#1090.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Clean up pcm-oss plugins
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:09:12 +0000 (12:09 +0100)]
[ALSA] Clean up pcm-oss plugins

Modules: ALSA<-OSS emulation

Clean up pcm-oss plugin codes.
Removed dead codes, and simplified route/rate plugins.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:32:52 +0000 (11:32 +0100)]
[ALSA] Fix a typo

Modules: ALSA<-OSS emulation

Fixed a typo.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] PCM midlevel & PCM OSS - make procfs & OSS plugin code optional
Jaroslav Kysela [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:12:11 +0000 (09:12 +0100)]
[ALSA] PCM midlevel & PCM OSS - make procfs & OSS plugin code optional

Modules: ALSA Core,PCM Midlevel,ALSA<-OSS emulation,USB generic driver

1) The verbose procfs code for the PCM midlevel and usb audio
   can be removed now (more patches will follow).
   CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS
2) The PCM OSS plugin system can be also compiled optionaly.
   CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>
15 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci: fix swapped channels in SPDIF output
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:48:59 +0000 (07:48 +0100)]
[ALSA] ymfpci: fix swapped channels in SPDIF output

Modules: YMFPCI driver

The routing of the effect 2/3 channels to the digital output is the
opposite of the rear analog output (left/right swapped).

We make the order correct for the digital output (which will make the
analog rear have the channels swapped) to make AC3 output work.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Add single_cmd option for debugging
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:28:44 +0000 (18:28 +0100)]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Add single_cmd option for debugging

Modules: Documentation,HDA Intel driver

Added single_cmd module option for debugging in the case CORB/RIRB
doesn't work well (e.g. due to wrong irq routings).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Fix/cleanup detection of codecs on SIS7012
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:47:32 +0000 (11:47 +0100)]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Fix/cleanup detection of codecs on SIS7012

Modules: Intel8x0 driver

Fix the detection of tertriary codec on SIS7012, including clean-ups
of relevant codes.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] ens1370 - Fix resume
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:43:49 +0000 (11:43 +0100)]
[ALSA] ens1370 - Fix resume

Modules: ENS1370/1+ driver

Fix resume of ens1370 driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: factor out packet size calculation code
Clemens Ladisch [Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:19:21 +0000 (08:19 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: factor out packet size calculation code

Modules: USB generic driver

Move the common packet size calculation code from
prepare_startup_playback_urb() and prepare_playback_urb() to a new
function.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: cosmetic changes
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:56:23 +0000 (18:56 +0100)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: cosmetic changes

Modules: USB generic driver

Move some entries around to keep them sorted by ID.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] Add support for EDIROL UM-3ex
Brent Cook [Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:27:20 +0000 (14:27 +0100)]
[ALSA] Add support for EDIROL UM-3ex

Modules: USB generic driver

This is my naive attempt at adding ALSA device support. The attached
patch provides support for the EDIROL UM-3ex. This is a 3-port USB midi
interface with a built-in USB hub and the ability to chain 2 other
UM-3x's in a master-slave configuration. I only have one, so I do not
know how this works in practice.

Though this is a 3-port device, I had to throw in that 4th 'Control' interface
to the definition in order to make the 3rd port work. If I set in/out_cables
to 0x000b, a 3rd interface appears on the driver, but it does nothing.
Changing it to 0x000f allows the 3rd interface to work, but of course
interface 4 does not work because it does not exist.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years ago[ALSA] pcxhr - Suppress debug messages
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:14:23 +0000 (12:14 +0100)]
[ALSA] pcxhr - Suppress debug messages

Modules: Digigram PCXHR driver

Suppress debug messages.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:57:50 +0000 (11:57 -0800)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6: (230 commits)
  [SPARC64]: Update defconfig.
  [SPARC64]: Fix 2 bugs in huge page support.
  [SPARC64]: CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM fix
  [SPARC64]: Optimized TSB table initialization.
  [SPARC64]: Allow CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG to build.
  [SPARC64]: Use SLAB caches for TSB tables.
  [SPARC64]: Don't kill the page allocator when growing a TSB.
  [SPARC64]: Randomize mm->mmap_base when PF_RANDOMIZE is set.
  [SPARC64]: Increase top of 32-bit process stack.
  [SPARC64]: Top-down address space allocation for 32-bit tasks.
  [SPARC64] bbc_i2c: Fix cpu check and add missing module license.
  [SPARC64]: Fix and re-enable dynamic TSB sizing.
  [SUNSU]: Fix missing spinlock initialization.
  [TG3]: Do not try to access NIC_SRAM_DATA_SIG on Sun parts.
  [SPARC64]: First cut at VIS simulator for Niagara.
  [SPARC64]: Fix system type in /proc/cpuinfo and remove bogus OBP check.
  [SPARC64]: Add SMT scheduling support for Niagara.
  [SPARC64]: Fix 32-bit truncation which broke sparsemem.
  [SPARC64]: Move over to sparsemem.
  [SPARC64]: Fix new context version SMP handling.
  ...

15 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shaggy...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:32:33 +0000 (10:32 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/shaggy/jfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shaggy/jfs-2.6:
  JFS: add uid, gid, and umask mount options
  JFS: Take logsync lock before testing mp->lsn
  JFS: kzalloc conversion
  JFS: Add missing file from fa3241d24cf1182b0ffb6e4d412c3bc2a2ab7bf6
  JFS: Use the kthread_ API
  JFS: Fix regression.  fsck complains if symlinks do not have INLINEEA attribute
  JFS: ext2 inode attributes for jfs
  JFS: semaphore to mutex conversion.
  JFS: make buddy table static
  JFS: Add back directory i_size calculations for legacy partitions

15 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:30:31 +0000 (10:30 -0800)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6: (150 commits)
  [PATCH] ipw2100: Update version ipw2100 stamp to 1.2.2
  [PATCH] ipw2100: move mutex.h include from ipw2100.c to ipw2100.h
  [PATCH] ipw2100: semaphore to mutexes conversion
  [PATCH] ipw2100: Fix radiotap code gcc warning
  [PATCH] ipw2100: add radiotap headers to packtes captured in monitor mode
  [PATCH] ipw2x00: expend Copyright to 2006
  [PATCH] drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200.c: fix an array overun
  [PATCH] ieee80211: Don't update network statistics from off-channel packets.
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Update ipw2200 version stamp to 1.1.1
  [PATCH] ipw2200: switch to the new ipw2200-fw-3.0 image format
  [PATCH] ipw2200: wireless extension sensitivity threshold support
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Enables the "slow diversity" algorithm
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Set a meaningful silence threshold value
  [PATCH] ipw2200: export `debug' module param only if CONFIG_IPW2200_DEBUG
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Change debug level for firmware error logging
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Filter unsupported channels out in ad-hoc mode
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Fix ipw_sw_reset() implementation inconsistent with comment
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Fix rf_kill is activated after mode change with 'disable=1'
  [PATCH] ipw2200: remove the WPA card associates to non-WPA AP checking
  [PATCH] ipw2200: Add signal level to iwlist scan output
  ...

15 years agoMerge branch 'block-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:28:51 +0000 (10:28 -0800)]
Merge branch 'block-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/block

* 'block-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/block:
  [PATCH] fix rmmod problems with elevator attributes, clean them up
  [PATCH] elevator_t lifetime rules and sysfs fixes
  [PATCH] noise removal: cfq-iosched.c
  [PATCH] don't bother with refcounting for cfq_data
  [PATCH] fix sysfs interaction and lifetime rules handling for queues
  [PATCH] regularize blk_cleanup_queue() use
  [PATCH] fix cfq_get_queue()/ioprio_set(2) races
  [PATCH] deal with rmmod/put_io_context() races
  [PATCH] stop elv_unregister() from rogering other iosched's data, fix locking
  [PATCH] stop cfq from pinning queue down
  [PATCH] make cfq_exit_queue() prune the cfq_io_context for that queue
  [PATCH] fix the exclusion for ioprio_set()
  [PATCH] keep sync and async cfq_queue separate
  [PATCH] switch to use of ->key to get cfq_data by cfq_io_context
  [PATCH] stop leaking cfq_data in cfq_set_request()
  [PATCH] fix cfq hash lookups
  [PATCH] fix locking in queue_requests_store()
  [PATCH] fix double-free in blk_init_queue_node()
  [PATCH] don't do exit_io_context() until we know we won't be doing any IO

15 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville...
Jeff Garzik [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:38:50 +0000 (04:38 -0500)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6

15 years agoMerge branch 'master'
Jeff Garzik [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:38:03 +0000 (04:38 -0500)]
Merge branch 'master'

15 years ago[SPARC64]: Update defconfig.
David S. Miller [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:43 +0000 (01:23 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Update defconfig.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Fix 2 bugs in huge page support.
David S. Miller [Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:17:17 +0000 (01:17 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Fix 2 bugs in huge page support.

1) huge_pte_offset() did not check the page table hierarchy
   elements as being empty correctly, resulting in an OOPS

2) Need platform specific hugetlb_get_unmapped_area() to handle
   the top-down vs. bottom-up address space allocation strategies.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM fix
Andrew Morton [Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:46:55 +0000 (12:46 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM fix

init/do_mounts_rd.c depends upon CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM, not CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Optimized TSB table initialization.
David S. Miller [Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:55:11 +0000 (23:55 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Optimized TSB table initialization.

We only need to write an invalid tag every 16 bytes,
so taking advantage of this can save many instructions
compared to the simple memset() call we make now.

A prefetching implementation is implemented for sun4u
and a block-init store version if implemented for Niagara.

The next trick is to be able to perform an init and
a copy_tsb() in parallel when growing a TSB table.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Allow CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG to build.
David S. Miller [Sun, 19 Mar 2006 03:16:23 +0000 (19:16 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Allow CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG to build.

online_page() is straightforward, and then add a dummy
remove_memory() that returns -EINVAL just like i386.

There is no point in implementing remove_memory() since
__remove_pages() has no implementation either.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Use SLAB caches for TSB tables.
David S. Miller [Sun, 19 Mar 2006 02:12:42 +0000 (18:12 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Use SLAB caches for TSB tables.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Don't kill the page allocator when growing a TSB.
David S. Miller [Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:40:47 +0000 (23:40 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Don't kill the page allocator when growing a TSB.

Try only lightly on > 1 order allocations.

If a grow fails, we are under memory pressure, so do not try
to grow the TSB for this address space any more.

If a > 0 order TSB allocation fails on a new fork, retry using
a 0 order allocation.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Randomize mm->mmap_base when PF_RANDOMIZE is set.
David S. Miller [Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:42:57 +0000 (17:42 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Randomize mm->mmap_base when PF_RANDOMIZE is set.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Increase top of 32-bit process stack.
David S. Miller [Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:33:56 +0000 (17:33 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Increase top of 32-bit process stack.

Put it one page below the top of the 32-bit address space.
This gives us ~16MB more address space to work with.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Top-down address space allocation for 32-bit tasks.
David S. Miller [Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:41:03 +0000 (14:41 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Top-down address space allocation for 32-bit tasks.

Currently allocations are very constrained for 32-bit processes.
It grows down-up from 0x70000000 to 0xf0000000 which gives about
2GB of stack + dynamic mmap() space.

So support the top-down method, and we need to override the
generic helper function in order to deal with D-cache coloring.

With these changes I was able to squeeze out a mmap() just over
3.6GB in size in a 32-bit process.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64] bbc_i2c: Fix cpu check and add missing module license.
David S. Miller [Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:23:56 +0000 (13:23 -0800)]
[SPARC64] bbc_i2c: Fix cpu check and add missing module license.

Should allow cheetah_plus cpu types and don't taint
the kernel.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Fix and re-enable dynamic TSB sizing.
David S. Miller [Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:02:32 +0000 (02:02 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Fix and re-enable dynamic TSB sizing.

This is good for up to %50 performance improvement of some test cases.
The problem has been the race conditions, and hopefully I've plugged
them all up here.

1) There was a serious race in switch_mm() wrt. lazy TLB
   switching to and from kernel threads.

   We could erroneously skip a tsb_context_switch() and thus
   use a stale TSB across a TSB grow event.

   There is a big comment now in that function describing
   exactly how it can happen.

2) All code paths that do something with the TSB need to be
   guarded with the mm->context.lock spinlock.  This makes
   page table flushing paths properly synchronize with both
   TSB growing and TLB context changes.

3) TSB growing events are moved to the end of successful fault
   processing.  Previously it was in update_mmu_cache() but
   that is deadlock prone.  At the end of do_sparc64_fault()
   we hold no spinlocks that could deadlock the TSB grow
   sequence.  We also have dropped the address space semaphore.

While we're here, add prefetching to the copy_tsb() routine
and put it in assembler into the tsb.S file.  This piece of
code is quite time critical.

There are some small negative side effects to this code which
can be improved upon.  In particular we grab the mm->context.lock
even for the tsb insert done by update_mmu_cache() now and that's
a bit excessive.  We can get rid of that locking, and the same
lock taking in flush_tsb_user(), by disabling PSTATE_IE around
the whole operation including the capturing of the tsb pointer
and tsb_nentries value.  That would work because anyone growing
the TSB won't free up the old TSB until all cpus respond to the
TSB change cross call.

I'm not quite so confident in that optimization to put it in
right now, but eventually we might be able to and the description
is here for reference.

This code seems very solid now.  It passes several parallel GCC
bootstrap builds, and our favorite "nut cruncher" stress test which is
a full "make -j8192" build of a "make allmodconfig" kernel.  That puts
about 256 processes on each cpu's run queue, makes lots of process cpu
migrations occur, causes lots of page table and TLB flushing activity,
incurs many context version number changes, and it swaps the machine
real far out to disk even though there is 16GB of ram on this test
system. :-)

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SUNSU]: Fix missing spinlock initialization.
David S. Miller [Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:55:30 +0000 (00:55 -0800)]
[SUNSU]: Fix missing spinlock initialization.

Caught by CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[TG3]: Do not try to access NIC_SRAM_DATA_SIG on Sun parts.
David S. Miller [Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:11:48 +0000 (14:11 -0800)]
[TG3]: Do not try to access NIC_SRAM_DATA_SIG on Sun parts.

Sun does't put an SEEPROM behind the tigon3 chip, among other things,
so accesses to these areas just give bus timeouts.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: First cut at VIS simulator for Niagara.
David S. Miller [Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:27:34 +0000 (01:27 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: First cut at VIS simulator for Niagara.

Niagara does not implement some of the VIS instructions in
hardware, so we have to emulate them.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Fix system type in /proc/cpuinfo and remove bogus OBP check.
David S. Miller [Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:18:19 +0000 (17:18 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Fix system type in /proc/cpuinfo and remove bogus OBP check.

Report 'sun4v' when appropriate in /proc/cpuinfo

Remove all the verifications of the OBP version string.  Just
make sure it's there, and report it raw in the bootup logs and
via /proc/cpuinfo.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Add SMT scheduling support for Niagara.
David S. Miller [Thu, 9 Mar 2006 00:09:19 +0000 (16:09 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Add SMT scheduling support for Niagara.

The mapping is a simple "(cpuid >> 2) == core" for now.
Later we'll add more sophisticated code that will walk
the sun4v machine description and figure this out from
there.

We should also add core mappings for jaguar and panther
processors.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Fix 32-bit truncation which broke sparsemem.
David S. Miller [Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:57:03 +0000 (15:57 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Fix 32-bit truncation which broke sparsemem.

The page->flags manipulations done by the D-cache dirty
state tracking was broken because the constants were not
marked with "UL" to make them 64-bit, which means we were
clobbering the upper 32-bits of page->flags all the time.

This doesn't jive well with sparsemem which stores the
section and indexing information in the top 32-bits of
page->flags.

This is yet another sparc64 bug which has been with us
forever.

While we're here, tidy up some things in bootmem_init()
and paginig_init():

1) Pass min_low_pfn to init_bootmem_node(), it's identical
   to (phys_base >> PAGE_SHIFT) but we should use consistent
   with the variable names we print in CONFIG_BOOTMEM_DEBUG

2) max_mapnr, although no longer used, was being set
   inaccurately, we shouldn't subtract pfn_base any more.

3) All the games with phys_base in the zones_*[] arrays
   we pass to free_area_init_node() are no longer necessary.

Thanks to Josh Grebe and Fabbione for the bug reports
and testing.  Fix also verified locally on an SB2500
which had a memory layout that triggered the same problem.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
15 years ago[SPARC64]: Move over to sparsemem.
David S. Miller [Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:16:07 +0000 (02:16 -0800)]
[SPARC64]: Move over to sparsemem.

This has been pending for a long time, and the fact
that we waste a ton of ram on some configurations
kind of pushed things over the edge.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>