linux-2.6.git
17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:37:09 +0000 (14:37 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial

17 years ago[PATCH] Serial: Fix console port spinlock initialisation
Russell King [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:05:45 +0000 (21:05 +0100)]
[PATCH] Serial: Fix console port spinlock initialisation

Initialise the spinlock for port being used by the console early, but
don't re-initialise it again later.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] drivers/ide/Makefile: kill dead CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_TCQ entry
Adrian Bunk [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:44:10 +0000 (17:44 +0200)]
[PATCH] drivers/ide/Makefile: kill dead CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_TCQ entry

This patch kills the dead CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_TCQ entry.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] amd74xx: support MCP55 device IDs
Rob Punkunus [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:37:18 +0000 (17:37 +0200)]
[PATCH] amd74xx: support MCP55 device IDs

From: Rob Punkunus <rpunkunus@nvidia.com>

Rob Punkunus recently submitted a patch to enable support for MCP51/MCP55 in
the amd74xx driver. This patch was whitespace-corrupted and didn't apply to
2.6.12 since MCP51 support was merged in the 2.6.12-rc series.

Gentoo would like to support this hardware for our upcoming release media, so
I fixed the patch, and here it is :)

Signed-off-by: Daniel Drake <dsd@gentoo.org>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: fix line break in ide messages
Denis Vlasenko [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:09:13 +0000 (17:09 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: fix line break in ide messages

From: Denis Vlasenko <vda@ilport.com.ua>

* printk("\n") is misplaced, resulting in stray empty line in kernel log
* cleanups nerby: some back-to-back printks are combined, etc

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit via82cxxx.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:42:18 +0000 (16:42 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit via82cxxx.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit triflex.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:40:31 +0000 (16:40 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit triflex.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit slc90e66.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:38:51 +0000 (16:38 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit slc90e66.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit sl82c105.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:36:56 +0000 (16:36 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit sl82c105.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit sc1200.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:35:07 +0000 (16:35 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit sc1200.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit opti621.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:33:16 +0000 (16:33 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit opti621.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit ns87415.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:31:04 +0000 (16:31 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit ns87415.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit it8172.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:28:44 +0000 (16:28 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit it8172.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit cy82c693.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:25:46 +0000 (16:25 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit cy82c693.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit cs5530.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:23:08 +0000 (16:23 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit cs5530.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit amd74xx.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:15:41 +0000 (16:15 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit amd74xx.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years ago[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit alim15x3.c
Herbert Xu [Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:06:13 +0000 (16:06 +0200)]
[PATCH] ide: hotplug mark __devinit alim15x3.c

From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

mark the __init section __devinit.
Splitted up from the Debian kernel patch.

see the thread about the pci hotplug crash on a stratus box.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111930108613386&w=2

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <janitor@sternwelten.at>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@elka.pw.edu.pl>
17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:39:09 +0000 (10:39 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc

17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:37:50 +0000 (10:37 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

17 years agoIf ACPI doesn't find an irq listed, don't accept 0 as a valid PCI irq.
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:35:33 +0000 (10:35 -0700)]
If ACPI doesn't find an irq listed, don't accept 0 as a valid PCI irq.

That zero just means that nothing else found any irq information either.

17 years ago[PATCH] alpha smp fix (part #2)
Ivan Kokshaysky [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:46:26 +0000 (16:46 +0400)]
[PATCH] alpha smp fix (part #2)

This fixes the bug that caused BUG_ON(!irqs_disabled()) to trigger in
run_posix_cpu_timers() on alpha/smp.  We didn't disable interrupts
properly before calling smp_percpu_timer_interrupt().

We *do* disable interrupts everywhere except this unfortunate
smp_percpu_timer_interrupt().  Fixed thus.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] MMC: wbsd cleanups
Adrian Bunk [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:07:37 +0000 (13:07 +0100)]
[PATCH] MMC: wbsd cleanups

This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
- make some needlessly global code static
- remove the unneeded global function DBG_REG

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] MMC: wbsd delayed insertion
Pierre Ossman [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:13:55 +0000 (12:13 +0100)]
[PATCH] MMC: wbsd delayed insertion

Wait 0.5 seconds before scanning for cards after an insertion interrupt.
The electrical connection needs this time to stabilise for some cards.

Signed-off-by: Pierre Ossman <drzeus@drzeus.cx>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
Nishanth Aravamudan [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:11:51 +0000 (12:11 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()

Use msleep() instead of schedule_timeout() to guarantee the task
delays as expected. Neither signals nor wait-queue events are
important at this point in the code, I believe.

Signed-off-by: Nishanth Aravamudan <nacc@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen@coderock.org>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] MMC: Fix divdi3 reference in mmci.c
Russell King [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:02:59 +0000 (12:02 +0100)]
[PATCH] MMC: Fix divdi3 reference in mmci.c

Use do_div() instead.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Make the magic values in head.S more obvious
Russell King [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:56:55 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Make the magic values in head.S more obvious

Make the magic address values in head.S more obvious as to where
they came from.  Wrap all debug code in CONFIG_DEBUG_LL.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2783/1: Remove omnimeter_defconfig as there is no kernel support
Ben Dooks [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:27:06 +0000 (11:27 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2783/1: Remove omnimeter_defconfig as there is no kernel support

Patch from Ben Dooks

The omnimeter_defconfig does not define any machines and
seems to have no other support in the current kernel.
This patch removes the config file, as this is the only
thing currently mentioning the ominmeter.

Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <ben-linux@fluff.org>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2782/1: PXA27x MDREFR K0DB4 define
Todd Poynor [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:27:06 +0000 (11:27 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2782/1: PXA27x MDREFR K0DB4 define

Patch from Todd Poynor

Add definition of K0DB4 SDCLK<0,3> divide-by-4 control/status bit in the
MDREFR register for Intel XScale PXA27x.

Signed-off-by: Todd Poynor <tpoynor@mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2781/2: PXA27x Standby mode take 2
Todd Poynor [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:27:05 +0000 (11:27 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2781/2: PXA27x Standby mode take 2

Patch from Todd Poynor

Add support for PXA27x Standby mode, a low-power mode that retains CPU
and some peripheral state (the existing "sleep" mode is a power-power
mode that retains less state). Activated via:
echo -n standby > /sys/power/state
From: David Burrage and Todd Poynor

Signed-off-by: Todd Poynor <tpoynor@mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] fatfs sectioning fix
Andrew Morton [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 05:13:14 +0000 (22:13 -0700)]
[PATCH] fatfs sectioning fix

Fixup for the recent slab leak fix

Cc: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] alpha smp fix
Ivan Kokshaysky [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:02:18 +0000 (20:02 +0400)]
[PATCH] alpha smp fix

As usual, the reason of this breakage is quite silly: in do_entIF, we
are checking for PS == 0 to see whether it was a kernel BUG() or
userspace trap.

It works, unless BUG() happens in interrupt - PS is not 0 in kernel mode
due to non-zero IPL, and the things get messed up horribly then.  In
this particular case it was BUG_ON(!irqs_disabled()) triggered in
run_posix_cpu_timers(), so we ended up shooting "current" with the
bursts of one SIGTRAP and three SIGILLs on every timer tick.  ;-)

17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:07:37 +0000 (17:07 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:04:54 +0000 (17:04 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial

17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2780/1: AFS partition length calculation fix
Catalin Marinas [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:01:09 +0000 (23:01 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2780/1: AFS partition length calculation fix

Patch from Catalin Marinas

This patch calculates the AFS partition length by expanding the image
length information to the nearest erase block boundary. This
eliminates the problems with JFFS2 erasing the footer.

Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] Serial: Fix small CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS
Russell King [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:41:22 +0000 (22:41 +0100)]
[PATCH] Serial: Fix small CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS

If CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS is smaller than the array size in
asm/serial.h, we trampled on memory which wasn't ours.  Take our
big boots away by limiting the number of ports initialised to the
smaller of ...NR_UARTS and the array size.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:04:36 +0000 (09:04 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6

17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2779/1: Fix the V bit setting for the ARM1020x CPUs
Catalin Marinas [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:04:14 +0000 (17:04 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2779/1: Fix the V bit setting for the ARM1020x CPUs

Patch from Catalin Marinas

This patch fixes the V bit setting for the ARM1020x processors. At
reset, this bit is automatically set to the value of the HIVECSINIT
input signal which just happened to be 1 but it is not mandatory.

Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2778/1: Add -mno-thumb-interwork to CFLAGS_ABI
Catalin Marinas [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:04:14 +0000 (17:04 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2778/1: Add -mno-thumb-interwork to CFLAGS_ABI

Patch from Catalin Marinas

The new EABI gcc adds -mthumb-interwork by default, even if
-mabi=apcs-gnu is passed. This causes a warning for every compiled C
file when -march=armv4 is used. The patch adds -mno-thumb-interwork
if the option is supported. This is also useful since we don't need
any ARM/Thumb interworking in the kernel

Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2777/1: Fix broken comment arch/arm/mm/proc-arm1020.S
Catalin Marinas [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:04:13 +0000 (17:04 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2777/1: Fix broken comment arch/arm/mm/proc-arm1020.S

Patch from Catalin Marinas

This patch fixes a broken comment in the proc-arm1020.S file which
prevents the file compilation

Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years agoMerge rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/ppc64-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:48:56 +0000 (08:48 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/ppc64-2.6

17 years ago[PATCH] reiserfs: handle_attrs() fix
Andrew Morton [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:06 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] reiserfs: handle_attrs() fix

Fix a use-uninitialised bug.

Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] freevxfs: minor cleanups
Pekka Enberg [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:05 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] freevxfs: minor cleanups

This patch addresses the following minor issues:

  - Typo in printk
  - Redundant casts
  - Use C99 struct initializers instead of memset
  - Parenthesis around return value
  - Use inline instead of __inline__

Signed-off-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] freevxfs: remove 2.4 compatability
Pekka Enberg [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:05 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] freevxfs: remove 2.4 compatability

This patch removes 2.4 compatability header from freevxfs.

Signed-off-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] freevxfs: fix buffer_head leak
Pekka Enberg [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:04 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] freevxfs: fix buffer_head leak

- fix a buffer_head leak in vxfs_getfsh()

- s/SLAB_KERNEL/GFP_KERNEL/

- check sb_bread() return value

- drop pointless buffer-mapped() test.

Signed-off-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] Improper initrd failure message at boot time
Jay Lan [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:03 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] Improper initrd failure message at boot time

On system boot up, there was an failure reported to boot.msg:

     <5>Trying to move old root to /initrd ... failed

According to initrd(4) man page, step #7 of BOOT-UP OPERATION
is described as below:
          7. If the normal root file has directory /initrd, device
          /dev/ram0 is moved from  /  to  /initrd.   Otherwise  if
          directory  /initrd  does  not  exist device /dev/ram0 is
          unmounted.

We got service calls from customers concerning about this failure message
at boot time.  Many systems do not have /initrd and thus the message can be
changed in the case of non-existing /initrd so that it does not sound like
a failure of the system.

Signed-off-by: Jay Lan <jlan@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] udf_find_entry() cleanup
Christoph Hellwig [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:02 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] udf_find_entry() cleanup

udf_find_entry can never be called with a NULL argument, so we shouldn't
check for it.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] fat: fix slab cache leak
Pekka J Enberg [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:01 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] fat: fix slab cache leak

This patch plugs a slab cache leak in fat module initialization.

Signed-off-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Acked-by: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] xtensa: Fix asm macro
Chris Zankel [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:00 +0000 (02:59 -0700)]
[PATCH] xtensa: Fix asm macro

Removed dead code in arch/xtensa/kernel/pci.c and use the pci_name() macro.
 Fixed an error in the delay asm macro: '1' is an invalid immediate value.

Signed-off-by: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] xtensa: Removed local copy of zlib and fixed O= support
Chris Zankel [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:59 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] xtensa: Removed local copy of zlib and fixed O= support

Removed an unnecessary local copy of zlib (sorry for the add'l traffic).
Fixed 'O=' support (thanks to Jan Dittmer for pointing it out).  Some minor
clean-ups in the make files.

Signed-off-by: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] xtensa: Added mm/Kconfig to get a flat memory layout
Chris Zankel [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:58 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] xtensa: Added mm/Kconfig to get a flat memory layout

Added 'mm/Kconfig' to the xtensa Kconfig file to get a flat memory layout.
Fixed a typo in one of the help texts (thanks Geert for pointing it out)

Signed-off-by: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] xtensa: cleanups for errno and ipc.
Chris Zankel [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:57 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] xtensa: cleanups for errno and ipc.

I noticed this because I was doing some more ipc cleanups and I did the
original errno and ipc cleanups for other architectures, so it stuck out.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] xtensa: use valid_signal()
Jesper Juhl [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:56 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] xtensa: use valid_signal()

xtensa should use valid_signal() instead of testing _NSIG directly like
everyone else.

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@dif.dk>
Cc: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] x86: i8253/i8259A lock cleanup
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:55 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] x86: i8253/i8259A lock cleanup

Introduce proper declarations for i8253_lock and i8259A_lock.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc32: Fix pointer check for MPC8540 ADS device
Kumar Gala [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:55 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] ppc32: Fix pointer check for MPC8540 ADS device

Editor snafu in which the call to ppc_sys_get_pdata got inside the if check
instead of before it.  Oops.

Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] selinux_sb_copy_data() should not require a whole page
Eric Paris [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:51 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] selinux_sb_copy_data() should not require a whole page

Currently selinux_sb_copy_data requires an entire page be allocated to
*orig when the function is called.  This "requirement" is based on the fact
that we call copy_page(in_save, nosec_save) and in_save = orig when the
data is not FS_BINARY_MOUNTDATA.  This means that if a caller were to call
do_kern_mount with only about 10 bytes of options, they would get passed
here and then we would corrupt PAGE_SIZE - 10 bytes of memory (with all
zeros.)

Currently it appears all in kernel FS's use one page of data so this has
not been a problem.  An out of kernel FS did just what is described above
and it would almost always panic shortly after they tried to mount.  From
looking else where in the kernel it is obvious that this string of data
must always be null terminated.  (See example in do_mount where it always
zeros the last byte.) Thus I suggest we use strcpy in place of copy_page.
In this way we make sure the amount we copy is always less than or equal to
the amount we received and since do_mount is zeroing the last byte this
should be safe for all.

Signed-off-by: Eric Paris <eparis@parisplace.org>
Cc: Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
Acked-by: James Morris <jmorris@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] tpm: fix bug introduced by the /proc/misc
Kylene Jo Hall [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:50 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] tpm: fix bug introduced by the /proc/misc

In fixing the /proc/misc problem that was reported last week where the tpm
module name was being obfuscated in /proc/misc I introduced a bug in the
module unloading code.  This patch fixes the problem.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc32: use correct register names in arch/ppc/kernel/relocate_kernel.S
Olaf Hering [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:49 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] ppc32: use correct register names in arch/ppc/kernel/relocate_kernel.S

CONFIG_KEXEC=y doesnt work:

arch/ppc/kernel/relocate_kernel.S:37: Error: unsupported relocation against SRR1
arch/ppc/kernel/relocate_kernel.S:39: Error: unsupported relocation against SRR0

Signed-off-by: Olaf Hering <olh@suse.de>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] s390: fix finish_arch_switch
Heiko Carstens [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:48 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] s390: fix finish_arch_switch

Commit 4866cde064afbb6c2a488c265e696879de616daa requires finish_arch_switch
to have only one parameter instead of two.

Also fix another compile error (double declaration of account_system_vtime)
if CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING is not defined.

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: update Documentation
Dominik Brodowski [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:47 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] pcmcia: update Documentation

As the information is now exported via sysfs, there's no need for an userspace
tool any longer.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: fix modalias attribute in sysfs
Dominik Brodowski [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:58:47 +0000 (02:58 -0700)]
[PATCH] pcmcia: fix modalias attribute in sysfs

Fix up PCMCIA modalias file in sysfs

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Acornfb: Don't claim IRQ fbcon for cursor
Russell King [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:30:07 +0000 (16:30 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Acornfb: Don't claim IRQ fbcon for cursor

The generic fbcon code tries to register and use the vsync IRQ for
ARM platforms with acornfb, but forgets to disable its own cursor
timer.  The result is a flickering flashing cursor.

Remove the code from the fbcon core to register this platform
private interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Don't try to send a signal to pid0
Russell King [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:06:49 +0000 (11:06 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Don't try to send a signal to pid0

If we receive an unrecognised abort during boot, don't try to
send a signal to pid0, but instead report the current state.
This leads to less confusing debug reports.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years agoMerge rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6
Greg KH [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:54:31 +0000 (22:54 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6

17 years ago[PATCH] Driver core: Use klist_del() instead of klist_remove().
Patrick Mochel [Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:39:33 +0000 (08:39 -0700)]
[PATCH] Driver core: Use klist_del() instead of klist_remove().

Use klist_del() instead of klist_remove() when unregistering devices.
This will prevent a deadlock when executing a recursive unregister using
device_for_each_child().

Signed-off-by Patrick Mochel <mochel@digitalimplant.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
17 years ago[PATCH] driver core: change bus_rescan_devices to return void
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:09:05 +0000 (16:09 -0700)]
[PATCH] driver core: change bus_rescan_devices to return void

No one was looking at the return value of bus_rescan_devices, and it
really wasn't anything that anyone in the kernel would ever care about.
So change it which enabled some counting code to be removed also.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
17 years ago[PATCH] driver core: Add the ability to bind drivers to devices from userspace
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:09:05 +0000 (16:09 -0700)]
[PATCH] driver core: Add the ability to bind drivers to devices from userspace

This adds a single file, "bind", to the sysfs directory of every driver
registered with the driver core.  To bind a device to a driver, write
the bus id of the device you wish to bind to that specific driver to the
"bind" file (remember to not add a trailing \n).  If that bus id matches
a device on that bus, and it does not currently have a driver bound to
it, the probe sequence will be initiated with that driver and device.

Note, this requires that the driver itself be willing and able to accept
that device (usually through a device id type table).  This patch does
not make it possible to override the driver's id table.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
17 years ago[PATCH] driver core: Add the ability to unbind drivers to devices from userspace
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:09:05 +0000 (16:09 -0700)]
[PATCH] driver core: Add the ability to unbind drivers to devices from userspace

This adds a single file, "unbind", to the sysfs directory of every
device that is currently bound to a driver.  To unbind the driver from
the device, write anything to this file and they will be disconnected
from each other.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
17 years ago[PATCH] driver core: add bus_find_device & driver_find_device functions
Cornelia Huck [Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:59:51 +0000 (16:59 +0200)]
[PATCH] driver core: add bus_find_device & driver_find_device functions

Add bus_find_device() and driver_find_device() which allow searching for a
device in the bus's resp. the driver's klist and obtain a reference on it.

Signed-off-by: Cornelia Huck <cohuck@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Replace custom locking code with a spinlock
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:17:02 +0000 (15:17 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Replace custom locking code with a spinlock

The hvlpevent_queue (formally ItLpQueue) has a member called xInUseWord
which is used for serialising access to the queue. Because it's a word
(ie. 32 bit) there's a custom 32-bit version of test_and_set_bit() or
thereabouts in ItLpQueue.c.

The xInUseWord is not shared with they hypervisor, so we can replace it
with a spinlock and remove the custom code.

There is also another locking mechanism (ItLpQueueInProcess). This is
redundant because it's only manipulated while the lock's held. Remove it.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Formatting cleanups in arch/ppc64/kernel/ItLpQueue.c
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:16:48 +0000 (15:16 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Formatting cleanups in arch/ppc64/kernel/ItLpQueue.c

Just formatting cleanups:
 * rename some "nextLpEvent" variables to just "event"
 * make code fit in 80 columns
 * use brackets around if/else
 * use a temporary to make hvlpevent_clear_valid clearer

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Cleanup whitespace in arch/ppc64/kernel/ItLpQueue.c
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:16:28 +0000 (15:16 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Cleanup whitespace in arch/ppc64/kernel/ItLpQueue.c

Just cleanup white space.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Cleanup proc printing of event types
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:16:18 +0000 (15:16 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Cleanup proc printing of event types

The code that prints event counts by type uses a hand-coded number of tabs
to get the alignment right. Instead use a printf alignment which will allow
allow us to use the event_type strings elsewhere in the future.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Simplify counting of lpevents, remove lpevent_count from paca
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:16:09 +0000 (15:16 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Simplify counting of lpevents, remove lpevent_count from paca

Currently there's a per-cpu count of lpevents processed, a per-queue (ie.
global) total count, and a count by event type.

Replace all that with a count by event for each cpu. We only need to add
it up int the proc code.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Don't count number of events processed for caller
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:15:53 +0000 (15:15 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Don't count number of events processed for caller

Currently we count the number of lpevents processed in 3 seperate places.

One of these counters is never read, so just remove it. This means
hvlpevent_queue_process() no longer needs to return the number of events
processed.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Rename ItLpQueue_* functions to hvlpevent_queue_*
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:15:42 +0000 (15:15 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Rename ItLpQueue_* functions to hvlpevent_queue_*

Now that we've renamed the xItLpQueue structure, rename the functions that
operate on it also.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Rename xItLpQueue to hvlpevent_queue
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:15:32 +0000 (15:15 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Rename xItLpQueue to hvlpevent_queue

The xItLpQueue is a queue of HvLpEvents that we're given by the Hypervisor.
Rename xItLpQueue to hvlpevent_queue and make the type struct hvlpevent_queue.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Move definition of xItLpQueue
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:12:21 +0000 (15:12 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Move definition of xItLpQueue

The xItLpQueue is declared in LparData.c, move it into ItLpQueue.c.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Make two ItLpQueue related functions static
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:08:56 +0000 (15:08 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Make two ItLpQueue related functions static

External parties don't need to use ItLpQueue_getNextLpEvent() or
ItLpQueue_clearValid(), they're internal to ItLpQueue.c

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Move xItLpQueue proc code into ItLpQueue.c
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:08:44 +0000 (15:08 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Move xItLpQueue proc code into ItLpQueue.c

Move the code that displays xItLpQueue values in /proc into
ItLpQueue.c.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Move initialisation of xItLpQueue into ItLpQueue.c
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:08:27 +0000 (15:08 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Move initialisation of xItLpQueue into ItLpQueue.c

The xItLpQueue is initalised manually in iSeries_setup_arch().  Move
this code into ItLpQueue.c for a cleaner separation.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Don't pass the pointers to xItLpQueue around
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:07:57 +0000 (15:07 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Don't pass the pointers to xItLpQueue around

Because there's only one ItLpQueue and we know where it is, ie. xItLpQueue,
there's no point passing pointers to it it around all over the place.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Reorganise the paca initialisation macros
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:07:48 +0000 (15:07 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Reorganise the paca initialisation macros

This patch updates the macros that initialise the paca to remove the lpq
parameter. It also rearranges them a bit with the hope of making them a
bit clearer.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Move set_spread_lpevents() into ItLpQueue.c
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:07:33 +0000 (15:07 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Move set_spread_lpevents() into ItLpQueue.c

The only code outside ItLpQueue.c that refers to spread_lpevents is in
set_apread_lpevents(), so move it inside ItLpQueue.c and make spread_lpevents
static.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Spread lpevents by default on iSeries
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:07:21 +0000 (15:07 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Spread lpevents by default on iSeries

With the previous patch in place, spreading lpevents by default becomes
a one liner.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] ppc64: Remove lpqueue pointer from the paca on iSeries
Michael Ellerman [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:07:09 +0000 (15:07 +1000)]
[PATCH] ppc64: Remove lpqueue pointer from the paca on iSeries

The iSeries code keeps a pointer to the ItLpQueue in its paca struct. But
all these pointers end up pointing to the one place, ie. xItLpQueue.

So remove the pointer from the paca struct and just refer to xItLpQueue
directly where needed.

The only complication is that the spread_lpevents logic was implemented by
having a NULL lpqueue pointer in the paca on CPUs that weren't supposed to
process events. Instead we just compare the spread_lpevents value to the
processor id to get the same behaviour.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
17 years agoMerge rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:03:03 +0000 (21:03 -0700)]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

17 years ago[PATCH] reiserfs: enable attrs by default if saf
Jeff Mahoney [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:53:06 +0000 (18:53 -0400)]
[PATCH] reiserfs: enable attrs by default if saf

The following patch enables attrs by default if the reiserfs_attrs_cleared
bit is set in the superblock.  This allows chattr-type attrs to be used
without any further action by the user.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years ago[PATCH] reiserfs: Check if attrs are enabled for attr ioctls
Jeff Mahoney [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:52:28 +0000 (18:52 -0400)]
[PATCH] reiserfs: Check if attrs are enabled for attr ioctls

ReiserFS currently will allow the user to set/get attrs for files
regardless if they are enabled.  The patch checks to see if they are
enabled, and returns -NOTTY if they are not.

ext[23] doesn't need this check because attrs are always enabled.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:00:38 +0000 (21:00 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial

17 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:59:55 +0000 (20:59 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

17 years ago[IA64] Update zx1_defconfig
Tony Luck [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:01:40 +0000 (16:01 -0700)]
[IA64] Update zx1_defconfig

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
17 years ago[IA64] Update tiger_defconfig
Tony Luck [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:45:41 +0000 (15:45 -0700)]
[IA64] Update tiger_defconfig

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
17 years agoAuto merge with /home/aegl/GIT/linus
Tony Luck [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:21:41 +0000 (15:21 -0700)]
Auto merge with /home/aegl/GIT/linus

17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Don't force SIGFPE
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:02:02 +0000 (23:02 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Don't force SIGFPE

We were forcing SIGFPE on to a user program for no good reason.
Use send_sig_info() instead.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Fix VFP to use do_div()
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:01:02 +0000 (23:01 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Fix VFP to use do_div()

VFP used __divdi3 64-bit division needlessly.  Convert it to use
our 64-bit by 32-bit division instead.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: 2771/1: Dynamic Tick support for OMAP, take 4
Tony Lindgren [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:59:48 +0000 (19:59 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: 2771/1: Dynamic Tick support for OMAP, take 4

Patch from Tony Lindgren

This patch adds support for Dynamic Tick Timer for OMAP.
This patch is an updated version of ARM patch 2642/1 to
make it work with the already integrated generic ARM
dyntick support.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] Serial: Split 8250 port table (part 2)
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:45:19 +0000 (18:45 +0100)]
[PATCH] Serial: Split 8250 port table (part 2)

Remove legacy ISA serial ports for Accent, Boca, Fourport, Hub6 and MCA
from the architecture specific serial.h include.

The only ports which remain in asm-*/serial.h are the platform specific
entries.  These should really be converted by platform maintainers to
use a platform device, such as can be found in
arch/arm/mach-footbridge/isa.c

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] Serial: Disable OX950 transmitter for flow control
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:41:51 +0000 (18:41 +0100)]
[PATCH] Serial: Disable OX950 transmitter for flow control

Disable the transmitter whenever we want to prevent characters
being transmitted by flow control.  However, if we run out of
characters to send and want to only disable the TX interrupt,
allow that scenario.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] Serial: Check status of CTS when using flow control
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:40:53 +0000 (18:40 +0100)]
[PATCH] Serial: Check status of CTS when using flow control

Fix bugme #4712: read the CTS status and set hw_stopped if CTS
is not active when opening the port and/or enabling CRTSCTS

Thanks to Stefan Wolff for spotting this problem.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
17 years ago[PATCH] ARM: Remove nmi_tick from integrator platforms
Russell King [Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:26:19 +0000 (18:26 +0100)]
[PATCH] ARM: Remove nmi_tick from integrator platforms

The nmi watchdog code hasn't been merged for this platform yet.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>