14 years ago[PATCH] powerpc: celleb trivial endianness and iomem annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:50 +0000]
[PATCH] powerpc: celleb trivial endianness and iomem annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] osst endianness annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:45 +0000]
[PATCH] osst endianness annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] iscsi endianness annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:40 +0000]
[PATCH] iscsi endianness annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] ahci: trivial endianness annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:30 +0000]
[PATCH] ahci: trivial endianness annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] sata_svw: trivial iomem annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:35 +0000]
[PATCH] sata_svw: trivial iomem annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] io_apic: trivial __iomem annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:25 +0000]
[PATCH] io_apic: trivial __iomem annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] misc NULL noise removal
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:20 +0000]
[PATCH] misc NULL noise removal

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] kvm: NULL noise removal
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:40 +0000]
[PATCH] kvm: NULL noise removal

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] hpet: trivial __iomem annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:15 +0000]
[PATCH] hpet: trivial __iomem annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] misc duplicate field initializers
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:10 +0000]
[PATCH] misc duplicate field initializers

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] kvm: __user annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:35 +0000]
[PATCH] kvm: __user annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] offsetof is size_t
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:39:05 +0000]
[PATCH] offsetof is size_t

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] kill eth_io_copy_and_sum()
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:30 +0000]
[PATCH] kill eth_io_copy_and_sum()

On all targets that sucker boils down to memcpy_fromio(sbk->data, from, len).
The function name is highly misguiding (it _never_ does any checksums), the
last argument is just a noise and simply expanding the call to memcpy_fromio()
gives shorter and more readable source.  For a lot of reasons it has almost
no remaining users, so it's better to just outright kill it.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] drivers/serial NULL noise removal
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:25 +0000]
[PATCH] drivers/serial NULL noise removal

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] in non-NUMA case mark GFP_THISNODE gfp_t
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:55 +0000]
[PATCH] in non-NUMA case mark GFP_THISNODE gfp_t

... operations with it are OK as is, but flags & ~0 will have no idea that
this ~0 is meant to be ~gfp_t.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] usbvision missing __user
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:20 +0000]
[PATCH] usbvision missing __user

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] hwmon: ansify
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:50 +0000]
[PATCH] hwmon: ansify

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dlm: use kern_recvmsg()
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:45 +0000]
[PATCH] dlm: use kern_recvmsg()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] arch/powerpc trivial annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:15 +0000]
[PATCH] arch/powerpc trivial annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] arch/ia64: ansify
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:10 +0000]
[PATCH] arch/ia64: ansify

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] hidp __user annotations
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:00 +0000]
[PATCH] hidp __user annotations

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] trivial __user annotations - rtc-dev
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:38:05 +0000]
[PATCH] trivial __user annotations - rtc-dev

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] missing include in macsonic
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:22 +0000]
[PATCH] missing include in macsonic

Acked-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] spider_net breakage from class_device -> device
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:12 +0000]
[PATCH] spider_net breakage from class_device -> device

Acked-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] ps3: missing exports
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:27 +0000]
[PATCH] ps3: missing exports

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] TIFM should depend on PCI - TIFM_CORE leads to use of pci primitives
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:42 +0000]
[PATCH] TIFM should depend on PCI - TIFM_CORE leads to use of pci primitives

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m32r: class_device -> device fallout
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:37 +0000]
[PATCH] m32r: class_device -> device fallout

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] ps3 usb missed the addition of new argument to ps3_alloc_io_irq()
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:32 +0000]
[PATCH] ps3 usb missed the addition of new argument to ps3_alloc_io_irq()

Acked-by: Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand@am.sony.com>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] assigning enum constant to char * is vile, even if it happens to be 0
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:17 +0000]
[PATCH] assigning enum constant to char * is vile, even if it happens to be 0

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] wrong order of kzalloc arguments
Al Viro [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:05:07 +0000]
[PATCH] wrong order of kzalloc arguments

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years agoMerge branch 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:24:04 +0000]
Merge branch 'linus' of /linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa

* 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa: (212 commits)
  [PATCH] Fix breakage with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
  [ALSA] version 1.0.14rc2
  [ALSA] ASoC documentation updates
  [ALSA] ca0106 - Add missing sysfs device assignment
  [ALSA] aoa i2sbus: Stop Apple i2s DMA gracefully
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Fujitsu PI1556 Realtek ALC880
  [ALSA] aoa: remove suspend/resume printks
  [ALSA] Fix possible deadlocks in sequencer at removal of ports
  [ALSA] emu10k1 - Fix STAC9758 front channel
  [ALSA] soc - Clean up with kmemdup()
  [ALSA] snd-ak4114: Fix two array overflows
  [ALSA] ac97_bus power management
  [ALSA] usbaudio - Add support for Edirol UA-101
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Add ALC861VD/ALC660VD support
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp poodle machine
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp tosa machine
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 spitz machine
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC Sharp corgi machine
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx DMA
  [ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx AC97 driver
  ...

14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://www.atmel.no/~hskinnemoen/linux/kernel/avr32
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:09:05 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://atmel.no/~hskinnemoen/linux/kernel/avr32

* 'for-linus' of git://www.atmel.no/~hskinnemoen/linux/kernel/avr32:
  [AVR32] Add missing #include <linux/module.h>
  [AVR32] ssize_t should be long, not int
  [AVR32] Remove last remains of libgcc
  [AVR32] SPI platform code update
  [AVR32] Add PIOE device and reserve SDRAM pins
  [AVR32] Introduce at32_reserve_pin()
  [AVR32] Don't reset PIO state at bootup
  [AVR32] GPIO API implementation
  [AVR32] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
  [AVR32] Implement dma_mapping_error()
  [AVR32] Fix incorrect invalidation of shared cachelines
  [AVR32] ext int fixes
  [AVR32] fix serial port setup on ATSTK1000
  [AVR32] /proc/interrupts display
  Remove a couple final references to obsolete verify_area().

14 years ago[PATCH] mm: remove find_trylock_page
Nick Piggin [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 04:28:19 +0000]
[PATCH] mm: remove find_trylock_page

Remove find_trylock_page as per the removal schedule.

Signed-off-by: Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de>
[ Let's see if anybody screams ]
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:01:37 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (79 commits)
  [IPX]: Fix NULL pointer dereference on ipx unload
  [ATM]: atmarp.h needs to always include linux/types.h
  [NET]: Fix net/socket.c warnings.
  [NET]: cleanup sock_from_file()
  [NET]: change layout of ehash table
  [S390]: Add AF_IUCV socket support
  [S390]: Adapt special message interface to new IUCV API
  [S390]: Adapt netiucv driver to new IUCV API
  [S390]: Adapt vmlogrdr driver to new IUCV API
  [S390]: Adapt monreader driver to new IUCV API
  [S390]: Rewrite of the IUCV base code, part 2
  [S390]: Rewrite of the IUCV base code, part 1
  [X.25]: Adds /proc/net/x25/forward to view active forwarded calls.
  [X.25]: Adds /proc/sys/net/x25/x25_forward to control forwarding.
  [X.25]: Add call forwarding
  [XFRM]: xfrm_migrate() needs exporting to modules.
  [PFKEYV2]: CONFIG_NET_KEY_MIGRATE option
  [PFKEYV2]: Extension for dynamic update of endpoint address(es)
  [XFRM]: CONFIG_XFRM_MIGRATE option
  [XFRM]: User interface for handling XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE
  ...

14 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:00:55 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6:
  MAINTAINERS: update DMFE and wireless drivers mailing list
  ucc_geth: Add support to local-mac-address property
  ucc_geth: Remove obsolete workaround of link speed change
  cxgb3: sysfs attributes in -mm tree
  Add Attansic L1 ethernet driver.

14 years ago[PATCH] Fix breakage with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:25:48 +0000]
[PATCH] Fix breakage with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED

The fix for sysfs breakage with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED was flown
away by the conflicted merge of the ALSA git tree.  The patch below
fixes it again.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[AVR32] Add missing #include <linux/module.h>
Haavard Skinnemoen [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:23:46 +0000]
[AVR32] Add missing #include <linux/module.h>

arch/avr32/kernel/cpu.c needs THIS_MODULE, so it must include
linux/module.h.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] ssize_t should be long, not int
Haavard Skinnemoen [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:01:02 +0000]
[AVR32] ssize_t should be long, not int

Since size_t is defined as unsigned long, ssize_t ought to be long
and not int. It could have been the other way around, but gcc defines
size_t as unsigned long, so this is correct.

This fixes a couple of printk format warnings.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Remove last remains of libgcc
Haavard Skinnemoen [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:43:09 +0000]
[AVR32] Remove last remains of libgcc

Two libgcc headers were left around even though all the actual code
borrowed from libgcc is gone. Delete them.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] SPI platform code update
Haavard Skinnemoen [Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:20:02 +0000]
[AVR32] SPI platform code update

Move stuff in spi.c into ATSTK1002 board code and update SPI
platform device definitions according to the new GPIO API.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Add PIOE device and reserve SDRAM pins
Haavard Skinnemoen [Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:16:16 +0000]
[AVR32] Add PIOE device and reserve SDRAM pins

The PIOE device was left out before because it muxes SDRAM pins (and
is therefore a bit dangerous to mess with) and because no existing
drivers had any use for it.

It is needed for CompactFlash, however, and now that we have a way
to protect the SDRAM pins, it can be safely added.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Introduce at32_reserve_pin()
Haavard Skinnemoen [Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:01:23 +0000]
[AVR32] Introduce at32_reserve_pin()

at32_reserve_pin() can be used for reserving portmux pins without
altering their configuration. Useful for e.g. SDRAM pins where we
really don't want to change the bootloader-provided configuration.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Don't reset PIO state at bootup
Haavard Skinnemoen [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:59:40 +0000]
[AVR32] Don't reset PIO state at bootup

Leave the PIO lines as the bootloader left them. This allows us to
use PIOE without disturbing the SDRAM muxing.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] GPIO API implementation
Haavard Skinnemoen [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:57:13 +0000]
[AVR32] GPIO API implementation

Arch-neutral GPIO calls for AVR32. GPIO IRQ support written by
David Brownell.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
Ahmed S. Darwish [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 02:41:27 +0000]
[AVR32] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate

A patch to use ARRAY_SIZE macro already defined in linux/kernel.h

Signed-off-by: Ahmed S. Darwish <darwish.07@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Implement dma_mapping_error()
Haavard Skinnemoen [Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:26:03 +0000]
[AVR32] Implement dma_mapping_error()

dma_map_single() never fails, so dma_mapping_error() simply returns 0.

Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] Fix incorrect invalidation of shared cachelines
David Brownell [Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:56:42 +0000]
[AVR32] Fix incorrect invalidation of shared cachelines

Fix bug in dma_map_single(..., DMA_FROM_DEVICE) caused by incorrect
invalidation of shared cachelines at the beginning and/or end of
the specified buffer.  Those shared cachelines need to be flushed,
since they may hold valid data (which must not be discarded).

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] ext int fixes
David Brownell [Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:21:36 +0000]
[AVR32] ext int fixes

Bugfixes for external irq handler set_irq_type():

 - If set_irq_type() can't set the type, don't change anything!

 - It's not OK to change the flow handler as part of set_irq_type(),
   among other issues that violates spinlock rules.  Instead, we can
   call the relevant handler when we demux the external interrupts.

 - The external irq demux has no need to grab the spinlock.  And in
   fact grabbing it that way was wrong, since that code might be
   pre-empted by an irq at a different priority level, and that code
   might then have tried to grab that spinlock...

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] fix serial port setup on ATSTK1000
David Brownell [Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:14:02 +0000]
[AVR32] fix serial port setup on ATSTK1000

Fixes to USART setup on the stk-1000 ... don't configure USART 2, since
its TXD/RXD are used for INT-A and INT-B buttons; and configure USART 0
(for IRDA, and with corrected IRQ) iff SW2 has a non-default setting.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[AVR32] /proc/interrupts display
David Brownell [Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:12:15 +0000]
[AVR32] /proc/interrupts display

The /proc/interrupts file should also display the irq_chip associated
with each irq ... e.g. INTC, EIM, GPIO.

Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years agoRemove a couple final references to obsolete verify_area().
Robert P. J. Day [Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:43:41 +0000]
Remove a couple final references to obsolete verify_area().

  Remove a couple final references to the obsolete verify_area() call,
which was long ago replaced by access_ok().

Signed-off-by: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com>
Acked-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com>

14 years ago[ALSA] version 1.0.14rc2
Jaroslav Kysela [Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:50:18 +0000]
[ALSA] version 1.0.14rc2

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC documentation updates
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:06:09 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC documentation updates

This patch updates the documentation for ASoC to reflect the recent
changes in API between 0.12.x and 0.13.x
Changes:-
 o Removed all reference to old API's.
 o Removed references and examples of automatic DAI config and matching.
 o Fixed 80 char line length on some files.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ca0106 - Add missing sysfs device assignment
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:50:31 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106 - Add missing sysfs device assignment

Added the missing device assignment before creating sysfs tree.
This caused the insufficient device permissions.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] aoa i2sbus: Stop Apple i2s DMA gracefully
Paul Mackerras [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:25:39 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa i2sbus: Stop Apple i2s DMA gracefully

This fixes the problem of getting extra bytes inserted at the
beginning of a recording when using the Apple i2s interface and DBDMA
controller.  It turns out that we can't just abort the DMA; we have to
let it stop at the end of a command, and then wait for the S7 bit to
be set before turning off the DBDMA controller.  Doing that for
playback doesn't seem to be necessary, but doesn't hurt either.
We use the technique used by the Darwin driver: make each transfer
command branch to a stop command if the S0 status bit is set.  Thus we
can ask the DMA controller to stop at the end of the current command
by setting S0.
The interrupt routine now looks at and clears the status word of the
DBDMA command ring.  This is necessary so it can know when the DBDMA
controller has seen that S0 is set, and so when it should look for the
DBDMA controller being stopped and S7 being set.  This also ended up
simplifying the calculation in i2sbus_pcm_pointer.
Tested on a 15 inch albook.
[Addition by Johannes]
I modified this patch and added the suspend/resume bits to it to get my
powermac into a decent state when playing sound across suspend to disk
that has a different bitrate from what the firmware programs the
hardware to.
I also added the SNDRV_PCM_INFO_JOINT_DUPLEX flag because it seemed the
right thing to do and I was looking at the info stuff.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Fujitsu PI1556 Realtek ALC880
Tobin Davis [Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:04:25 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Fujitsu PI1556 Realtek ALC880

This patch adds support for the Fujitsu PI1556 laptop.
Issue:  Volume knob on system maxes out lower than alsamixer (0x35 vs 0x40).
Everything else works, and audio quality is good at 0x35.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] aoa: remove suspend/resume printks
Johannes Berg [Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:07:45 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa: remove suspend/resume printks

This just removes two useless printks.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix possible deadlocks in sequencer at removal of ports
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:07:08 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix possible deadlocks in sequencer at removal of ports

Fix possible rwsem deadlocks in sequencer code at removal of
sequencer ports.  The list_lock of port group can be double
locked.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1 - Fix STAC9758 front channel
Rolf Stefan Wilke [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:18:14 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1 - Fix STAC9758 front channel

For some time now, some users of STAC9758 (emu10k1) would have no sound on
their front channels. This can be fixed (at least for me) by unmuting  head
phone volume and setting it to 0dB before removing the 'Front Playback'
control. For details, cf.
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2308
Find the appropriate patch attached.
Credits to: Raymond

Signed-off-by: Rolf Stefan Wilke <stefan.wilke@uni-ulm.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - Clean up with kmemdup()
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:56:20 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - Clean up with kmemdup()

Clean up by replacing with kmemdup().

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd-ak4114: Fix two array overflows
Jean Delvare [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:07:04 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-ak4114: Fix two array overflows

Fix the handling of the TXCSB registers cache. There was one array
overflow in reg_write() and one in snd_ak4114_reg_write(). Thanks
to David Binderman for reporting the latter.
The second overflow probably doesn't matter much, given that the
function snd_ak4114_reg_write() appears to be never called. I wonder
why it exists and why it is exported.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ac97_bus power management
Martin Langer [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:02:35 +0000]
[ALSA] ac97_bus power management

This patch adds CONFIG_PM to the ac97_bus driver.

Signed-off-by: Martin Langer <martin-langer@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usbaudio - Add support for Edirol UA-101
Bjoern Fay [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:27:21 +0000]
[ALSA] usbaudio - Add support for Edirol UA-101

Added support for the Edirol UA-101 (only in high-speed mode) by taking
the quirks for the UA-1000 and change them accordingly. Changes were
made in 'usbaudio.c', 'usbaudio.h', and 'usbquirks.h'
MIDI and recording seem to work perfectly (with JACK), but playback
gives some few glitches. I think that's the mentioned
synchronizing-problem in the UA-1000 quirk ('FIXME: playback must be
synchronized to capture'), so I didn't change that.
ToDo: Adding Mixer-Support for the built-in
control-panel/patch-bay/router.

Signed-off-by: Bjoern Fay <mail@bfay.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ALC861VD/ALC660VD support
Jakub Schmidtke [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:17:27 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ALC861VD/ALC660VD support

o Added ALC861VD support to patch_realtek.c under hda-intel
o Added ALC660VD as a model of 861VD
o Added pci quirks for Asus G1 as well as for two devices found in Realtek's
driver to point at ALC660VD model (3stack-660)
o Added pci quirk for Lenovo 3000 C200 - although untested, it should work
with ALC861VD 3stack model
o Changed preset id = 0x10ec0660 to point at new patch_alc861vd instead of
patch_861
o Organised the list of presets

Signed-off-by: Jakub Schmidtke <sjakub@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp poodle machine
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:23:42 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp poodle machine

This patch updates the Sharp poodle machine driver to the new API in
ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o  Manually configure DAI hardware format.
o Removed config_sysclk() function. No longer needed as clocking is now
configured manually.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp tosa machine
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:23:11 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 Sharp tosa machine

This patch updates the Sharp tosa machine driver to the new API in ASoC
0.13.
Changes:-
o  Update machine operations to new API.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 spitz machine
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:22:46 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 spitz machine

This patch updates the Sharp spitz machine driver to the new API in ASoC
0.13.
Changes:-
o  Manually configure DAI hardware format.
o Removed config_sysclk() function. No longer needed as clocking is now
configured manually.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC Sharp corgi machine
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:22:20 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC Sharp corgi machine

This patch updates the Sharp corgi machine driver to the new API in ASoC
0.13.
Changes:-
o  Manually configure DAI hardware format.
o Removed config_sysclk() function. No longer needed as clocking is now
configured manually.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx DMA
Andrew Johnson [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:21:50 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx DMA

This patch updates the pxa2xx I2S driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Added check in hw_params to detect buffer less pcms (i.e. BT <-->
codec).
o Updated structures to new API
o Removed DAI's and ac97 ops from PCM header.
o Integer hardware constraint added for periods.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Johnson <ajohnson@intrinsyc.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx AC97 driver
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:21:16 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx AC97 driver

This patch updates the pxa2xx AC97 driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Added pxa2xx-ac97.h header

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx i2s driver
Philipp Zabel [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:20:40 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 pxa2xx i2s driver

This patch updates the pxa2xx I2S driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.
o Added pxa2xx-i2s.h header

Signed-off-by: Philipp Zabel <philipp.zabel@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx Eti_B1 board support
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:19:58 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx Eti_B1 board support

This patch updates the EtI B1 machine driver to the new API in ASoC
0.13.
Changes:-
o  Manually configure DAI hardware format.
o Removed config_sysclk() function. No longer needed as clocking is now
configured manually.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx DMA
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:19:24 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx DMA

This patch updates the AT91xxxx audio DMA driver to the new API in ASoC
0.13.
Changes:-
o Updated to use new 0.13 data structures.
o Suspend and Resume now conditionally compiled.
o #include guard around at91-pcm.h header.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx I2S
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:18:38 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx I2S

This patch updates the AT91xxxx I2S driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx slave patch
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:17:39 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 AT91xxxx slave patch

This patch adds support for I2S slave mode for the ETI_B1 machine from
Endrelia.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 generic AC97 codec
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:16:41 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 generic AC97 codec

This patch updates the AC97 codec driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM9712 codec driver
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:16:02 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM9712 codec driver

This patch updates the WM9712 codec driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM8750 codec driver
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:15:33 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM8750 codec driver

This patch updates the WM8750 codec driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM8731 codec
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:14:56 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 WM8731 codec

This patch updates the WM8731 codec driver to the new API in ASoC 0.13.
Changes:-
o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching in
the machine drivers.
o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - 0.13 ASoC DAPM bug fix for unnamed streams
Seth Forshee [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:14:19 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - 0.13 ASoC DAPM bug fix for unnamed streams

This patch fixes a bug whereby an unnamed stream would cause a NULL
pointer ref in snd_soc_dapm_stream_event().

Signed-off-by: Seth Forshee <seth.forshee@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 core changes
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:13:49 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ASoC 0.13 core changes

This patch updates the ASoC core to the new DAI matching and clocking
API in version 0.13
Changes:-
 o Removed DAI capabilities matching code in favour of manual matching
in the machine drivers.
 o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
 o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.
 o Added machine driver prepare callback.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] soc - 0.13 ASoC headers
Graeme Gregory [Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:13:05 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - 0.13 ASoC headers

This patch updates the API's to include the new DAI configuration and
clocking architecture.
Changes:-
 o Removed DAI automatic matching and capabilities structure (struct
snd_soc_dai_mode) and macros.
 o Added DAI operations for codec and CPU interfaces.
 o Removed config_sysclk() function and struct snd_soc_clock_info. No
longer needed as clocking is now configured manually in the machine
drivers. Also removed other clocking data from structures.
 o Updated version to 0.13
 o Added shift to SOC_SINGLE_EXT kcontrol macro.

Signed-off-by: Graeme Gregory <gg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Add black/whitelist for position_fix option
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:46:50 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Add black/whitelist for position_fix option

Some devices are known to require position_fix=1 or 2 to make the
driver working correctly.  Otherwise the sound gets weird effects,
such as stutters.
Now a black/whitelist is introduced to indicate the position_fix
value explicitly for such misbehaving hardwares.  As a first example,
Dell D820 is listed there.  More will come later likely...

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix possible invalid memory access in PCM core
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:53:49 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix possible invalid memory access in PCM core

snd_internval_list() may access invalid memory in the case count = 0
is given.  It shouldn't be passed, but it'd better to make the code
a bit more robust.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC very minor coding style fix for snd_soc_new_pcms()
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:26:07 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC very minor coding style fix for snd_soc_new_pcms()

This very minor patch fixes the snd_soc_new_pcms() function to comply
with the kernel coding style.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix Oops with unconventional sample rates
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:50:56 +0000]
[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix Oops with unconventional sample rates

The patch fixes the memory corruption by the support of unconventional
sample rates.  Also, it avoids the too restrictive constraints if
any of usb descriptions contain continuous rates.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Remove delayed work properly at free and suspend
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:34:38 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove delayed work properly at free and suspend

Remove delayed work properly at free and suspend in ac97 codec and
ak4114 drivers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC force running of delayed PM work at suspend() and remove()
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:14:57 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC force running of delayed PM work at suspend() and remove()

This patch fixes a bug whereby the power management delayed work would
never be run at driver suspend() or module remove(). Delayed work would
be created (after audio had finished) with a long delay (~5 secs) and
was sometimes never queued before flush_scheduled_work() was being
called at suspend or module remove. This caused the delayed work to
queued after the module had been removed or after resume.
This patch forces any delayed work to complete by cancelling it (timer
cannot fire and add it to queue later), scheduling it for now and
waiting on it's completion.
This is something I probably would like to add to workqueue.c in the
next merge window, however it's here atm because it can oops.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix Oops with broken usb descriptors
Gregor Jasny [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:27:39 +0000]
[ALSA] usbaudio - Fix Oops with broken usb descriptors

This is a patch for ALSA Bug #2724. Some webcams provide bogus
settings with no valid rates. With this patch those are skipped.

Signed-off-by: Gregor Jasny <gjasny@web.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model for Uniwill X40AIx
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:35:19 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model for Uniwill X40AIx

Added model=uniwill-m31 for Uniwill X40AIx with ALC861 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd_hwdep_release() racefix
Karsten Wiese [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:05:30 +0000]
[ALSA] snd_hwdep_release() racefix

snd_card_file_remove() can free the snd_card.
Touch hw->* only before calling snd_card_file_remove().
Unrelated: Allow hwdep devices not to have own ops.release();

Signed-off-by: Karsten Wiese <fzu@wemgehoertderstaat.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC WM8731 support for 32k @ 12MHz sysclk
Frank Mandarino [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:02:56 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC WM8731 support for 32k @ 12MHz sysclk

This patch adds support for 32k audio on the WM8731 when running from a
12MHz system clock.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codec error reporting
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:02:23 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codec error reporting

This patch improves the codec probe() error reporting by printing error
messages when the card or pcms fail to register.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Dell Latitude D820 + D/Port
Cory T. Tusar [Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:30:55 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Dell Latitude D820 + D/Port

Support port replicator headphone output on Dell Latitude D820 + D/Port.

Signed-off-by: Cory T. Tusar <ctusar@videon-central.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codec probe failure bug
Liam Girdwood [Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:18:45 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codec probe failure bug

This patch fixes a bug whereby some resources were not being freed when
codec probe() failed.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add even more 'const' to everything related to TLV
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:33:49 +0000]
[ALSA] Add even more 'const' to everything related to TLV

Mark TLV data as 'const'
Signed-of-by: Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@pmhahn.de>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add some more 'const', but needs changes in i2c/other/ak4*
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:27:56 +0000]
[ALSA] Add some more 'const', but needs changes in i2c/other/ak4*

Make data passed to ak4xxx_create 'const'.
Signed-of-by: Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@pmhahn.de>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add 'const' to files in pci/ice1712/
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:26:36 +0000]
[ALSA] Add 'const' to files in pci/ice1712/

Mark a lot of data as 'const'
Signed-of-by: Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@pmhahn.de>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Reorganize existing eeprom data
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:25:40 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Reorganize existing eeprom data

Reorganize EEPROM data (in C99 style).
Signed-of-by: Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@pmhahn.de>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Remove useless reference to obsolete KERNELD
Robert P. J. Day [Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:46:18 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove useless reference to obsolete KERNELD

Remove the final useless reference to the obsolete KERNELD feature.

Signed-off-by: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>