15 years ago[ALSA] PCMCIA sound devices shouldn't depend on ISA
Erik Mouw [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:08:59 +0000]
[ALSA] PCMCIA sound devices shouldn't depend on ISA

The ALSA drivers for PCMCIA devices depend on ISA, but modern
laptops can have PCMCIA support without ISA. This patch removes
the dependency.

Signed-off-by: Erik Mouw <erik@harddisk-recovery.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix capture from line-in on VAIO SZ/FE laptops
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:05:43 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix capture from line-in on VAIO SZ/FE laptops

Added the missing line-in capture on VAIO SZ/FE laptops with
STAC 7661 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] Fix Oops at rmmod with CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS=n
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:56:04 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix Oops at rmmod with CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS=n

Fixed Oops at rmmod with CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS=n.
Add ifdef to struct fields for optimization and better compile
checks.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] PCM core - introduce CONFIG_SND_PCM_XRUN_DEBUG
Jaroslav Kysela [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:57:16 +0000]
[ALSA] PCM core - introduce CONFIG_SND_PCM_XRUN_DEBUG

This patch makes the XRUN (overrun/underrun) notification code optional.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

15 years ago[ALSA] adding __devinitdata to pci_device_id
Kenrik Kretzschmar [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:59:38 +0000]
[ALSA] adding __devinitdata to pci_device_id

Refering to <kernelsource>/Documentation/pci.txt
the struct pci_device_id can be released after loading the module.

Signed-off-by: Kenrik Kretzschmar <henne@nachtwindheim.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] add __devinitdata to all pci_device_id
Henrik Kretzschmar [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:59:04 +0000]
[ALSA] add __devinitdata to all pci_device_id

Signed-off-by: Henrik Kretzschmar <henne@nachtwindheim.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add codec id for AD1988B codec chip
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:09:31 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add codec id for AD1988B codec chip

Add codec id for AD1988B codec chip.
The functionality is identical with AD1988(A) chip.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model entry for ASUS M9 laptop
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:42:34 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model entry for ASUS M9 laptop

Add a model entry to support ASUS M9 laptop with AD1986A codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] pcxhr - Fix a compiler warning on 64bit architectures
Henrik Kretzschmar [Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:37:00 +0000]
[ALSA] pcxhr - Fix a compiler warning on 64bit architectures

The patch fixes a conpile warning on 64bit architectures, caused by
different sizes of size_t . Since size_t is unsigned I permited
myself to cange the format, too.

Signed-off-by: Henrik Kretzschmar <henne@nachtwindheim.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] via82xx: tweak VT8251 workaround
Bastiaan Jacques [Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:27:09 +0000]
[ALSA] via82xx: tweak VT8251 workaround

Move the workaround for the VT8251 up a bit, and check for STAT_EOL
rather than STAT_ACTIVE. This resolves issues some people were having
with certain ALSA clients (and allows the STAT_ACTIVE check to do what
it was intended to do).
This change was suggested by Andrew Daviel.

Signed-off-by: Bastiaan Jacques <b.jacques@planet.nl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Disable ALI5455 SPDIF-input
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:23:47 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Disable ALI5455 SPDIF-input

Disable the SPDIF-input on ALI5455, which causes Oops.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] via82xx: add support for VIA VT8251 (AC'97)
Bastiaan Jacques [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:04:04 +0000]
[ALSA] via82xx: add support for VIA VT8251 (AC'97)

Add support for VIA VT8251 AC'97. Includes a workaround which ensures sound
won't stop playing after one second of playback.

Signed-off-by: Bastiaan Jacques <b.jacques@planet.nl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] Fix typos and add information about Jack support to Audiophile-Usb.txt
Charis Kouzinopoulos [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:42:29 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix typos and add information about Jack support to Audiophile-Usb.txt

Signed-off-by: Charis Kouzinopoulos <kouzinopoulos@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Thibault Le Meur <Thibault.LeMeur@supelec.fr>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] Fix double free in error path of miro driver
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:01:23 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix double free in error path of miro driver

Fixed the double free in error path of miro driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add entry for Epox EP-5LDA+ GLi
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:46:08 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add entry for Epox EP-5LDA+ GLi

Added the SSID entry for Epox EP-5LDA+ GLi with ALC880 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci/: remove duplicate #include's
Adrian Bunk [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:37:08 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci/: remove duplicate #include's

There's no reason for #include'ing linux/dma-mapping.h more than once.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Use model 'hp' for all HP laptops with AD1981HD
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:50:40 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Use model 'hp' for all HP laptops with AD1981HD

Use model 'hp' for all HP laptops with AD1981HD codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] continue on IS_ERR from platform device registration
Rene Herman [Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:57:11 +0000]
[ALSA] continue on IS_ERR from platform device registration

I previously only concerned myself with sound/isa. When I now checked
for more platform_device_register_simple() usages in ALSA I found a
couple more drivers that needed the same patches as already submitted
for all the ISA drivers.
This first one is the continue-on-iserr patch for sound/drivers. This
gets them all.

Signed-off-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman@keyaccess.nl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] Handle the error correctly in SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT ioctl
Steven Finney [Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:49:31 +0000]
[ALSA] Handle the error correctly in SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT ioctl

Handle the error returned from snd_pcm_oss_get_formats() correctly
in SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT ioctl handler of PCM OSS emulation.

Signed-off-by: Steven Finney <sfinney@healthhero.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

15 years ago[ALSA] add another Phase 26 quirk
Clemens Ladisch [Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:16:08 +0000]
[ALSA] add another Phase 26 quirk

Add a quirk entry for the TerraTec Phase 26 with yet another product ID.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

15 years agoLinux v2.6.17-rc3
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 27 Apr 2006 02:19:25 +0000]
Linux v2.6.17-rc3

15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:45:27 +0000]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc

* master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-mmc:
  [MMC] pxamci: fix data timeout calculation

15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:45:02 +0000]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm:
  [ARM] nommu: trivial fixups for head-nommu.S and the Makefile
  [ARM] vfp: fix leak of VFP_NAN_FLAG into FPSCR
  [ARM] 3484/1: Correct AEABI CFLAGS for correct enum handling

15 years agoMerge nommu tree
Russell King [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:18:45 +0000]
Merge nommu tree

15 years ago[PATCH] Remove __devinit and __cpuinit from notifier_call definitions
Chandra Seetharaman [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:35:21 +0000]
[PATCH] Remove __devinit and __cpuinit from notifier_call definitions

Few of the notifier_chain_register() callers use __init in the definition
of notifier_call.  It is incorrect as the function definition should be
available after the initializations (they do not unregister them during
initializations).

This patch fixes all such usages to _not_ have the notifier_call __init
section.

Signed-off-by: Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] Remove __devinitdata from notifier block definitions
Chandra Seetharaman [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:35:15 +0000]
[PATCH] Remove __devinitdata from notifier block definitions

Few of the notifier_chain_register() callers use __devinitdata in the
definition of notifier_block data structure.  It is incorrect as the
data structure should be available after the initializations (they do
not unregister them during initializations).

This was leading to an oops when notifier_chain_register() call is
invoked for those callback chains after initialization.

This patch fixes all such usages to _not_ have the notifier_block data
structure in the init data section.

Signed-off-by: Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] LSM: add missing hook to do_compat_readv_writev()
James Morris [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:45:03 +0000]
[PATCH] LSM: add missing hook to do_compat_readv_writev()

This patch addresses a flaw in LSM, where there is no mediation of readv()
and writev() in for 32-bit compatible apps using a 64-bit kernel.

This bug was discovered and fixed initially in the native readv/writev
code [1], but was not fixed in the compat code.  Thanks to Al for spotting
this one.

  [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/154282/

Signed-off-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] protect ext3 ioctl modifying append_only, immutable, etc. with i_mutex
Al Viro [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:32:40 +0000]
[PATCH] protect ext3 ioctl modifying append_only, immutable, etc. with i_mutex

All modifications of ->i_flags in inodes that might be visible to
somebody else must be under ->i_mutex.  That patch fixes ext3 ioctl()
setting S_APPEND and friends.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] fix mips sys32_p{read,write}
Al Viro [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:28:09 +0000]
[PATCH] fix mips sys32_p{read,write}

Switched to use of sys_pread64()/sys_pwrite64() rather than keep duplicating
their guts; among the little things that had been missing there were such as
ret = security_file_permission (file, MAY_READ);
Gotta love the LSM robustness, right?

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] forgotten ->b_data in memcpy() call in ext3/resize.c (oopsable)
Al Viro [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:26:09 +0000]
[PATCH] forgotten ->b_data in memcpy() call in ext3/resize.c (oopsable)

sbi->s_group_desc is an array of pointers to buffer_head.  memcpy() of
buffer size from address of buffer_head is a bad idea - it will generate
junk in any case, may oops if buffer_head is close to the end of slab
page and next page is not mapped and isn't what was intended there.
IOW, ->b_data is missing in that call.  Fortunately, result doesn't go
into the primary on-disk data structures, so only backup ones get crap
written to them; that had allowed this bug to remain unnoticed until
now.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] fix leak in activate_ep_files()
Al Viro [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:20:48 +0000]
[PATCH] fix leak in activate_ep_files()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years agoMerge branch 'splice' of git://brick.kernel.dk/data/git/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:47:55 +0000]
Merge branch 'splice' of git://brick.kernel.dk/data/git/linux-2.6-block

* 'splice' of git://brick.kernel.dk/data/git/linux-2.6-block:
  [PATCH] splice: add ->splice_write support for /dev/null
  [PATCH] splice: rearrange moving to/from pipe helpers
  [PATCH] Add support for the sys_vmsplice syscall
  [PATCH] splice: fix offset problems
  [PATCH] splice: fix min() warning

15 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:46:19 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6:
  [PATCH] forcedeth: fix initialization
  [PATCH] sky2: version 1.2
  [PATCH] sky2: reset function can be devinit
  [PATCH] sky2: use ALIGN() macro
  [PATCH] sky2: add fake idle irq timer
  [PATCH] sky2: reschedule if irq still pending
  [PATCH] bcm43xx: make PIO mode usable
  [PATCH] bcm43xx: add to MAINTAINERS
  [PATCH] softmac: fix SIOCSIWAP
  [PATCH] Fix crash on big-endian systems during scan
  e1000: Update truesize with the length of the packet for packet split
  [PATCH] Fix locking in gianfar

15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:45:57 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6:
  [BRIDGE]: allow full size vlan packets

15 years ago[PATCH] splice: add ->splice_write support for /dev/null
Jens Axboe [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:40:08 +0000]
[PATCH] splice: add ->splice_write support for /dev/null

Useful for testing.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>

15 years ago[PATCH] splice: rearrange moving to/from pipe helpers
Jens Axboe [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:39:29 +0000]
[PATCH] splice: rearrange moving to/from pipe helpers

We need these for people writing their own ->splice_read/write hooks.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>

15 years ago[PATCH] forcedeth: fix initialization
Ayaz Abdulla [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:41:31 +0000]
[PATCH] forcedeth: fix initialization

This patch fixes the nic initialization. If the nic was in low power
mode, it brings it back to normal power. Also, it utilizes a new
hardware reset during the init.

I am resending based on feedback, I corrected the register size mapping
and delay after posted write.

Signed-Off-By: Ayaz Abdulla <aabdulla@nvidia.com>

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] sky2: version 1.2
Stephen Hemminger [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:54 +0000]
[PATCH] sky2: version 1.2

Update to version 1.2

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] sky2: reset function can be devinit
Stephen Hemminger [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:53 +0000]
[PATCH] sky2: reset function can be devinit

The sky2_reset function only called from sky2_probe.
Maybe the compiler was smart enough to figure this out already.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] sky2: use ALIGN() macro
Stephen Hemminger [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:52 +0000]
[PATCH] sky2: use ALIGN() macro

The ALIGN() macro in kernel.h does the same math that the
sky2 driver was using for padding.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] sky2: add fake idle irq timer
Stephen Hemminger [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:51 +0000]
[PATCH] sky2: add fake idle irq timer

Add an fake NAPI schedule once a second. This is an attempt to work around
for broken configurations with edge-triggered interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] sky2: reschedule if irq still pending
Stephen Hemminger [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:58:50 +0000]
[PATCH] sky2: reschedule if irq still pending

This is a workaround for the case edge-triggered irq's. Several users
seem to have broken configurations sharing edge-triggered irq's. To avoid
losing IRQ's, reshedule if more work arrives.

The changes to netdevice.h are to extract the part that puts device
back in list into separate inline.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

15 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linvil...
Jeff Garzik [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:16:50 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6 into upstream-fixes

15 years agoMerge branch 'skb_truesize' of git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/linux-2.6 into...
Jeff Garzik [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:16:05 +0000]
Merge branch 'skb_truesize' of git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/linux-2.6 into upstream-fixes

15 years agoMerge branch 'master' into upstream-fixes
Jeff Garzik [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:15:27 +0000]
Merge branch 'master' into upstream-fixes

15 years ago[BRIDGE]: allow full size vlan packets
Stephen Hemminger [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:39:19 +0000]
[BRIDGE]: allow full size vlan packets

Need to allow for VLAN header when bridging.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[PATCH] Add support for the sys_vmsplice syscall
Jens Axboe [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:59:21 +0000]
[PATCH] Add support for the sys_vmsplice syscall

sys_splice() moves data to/from pipes with a file input/output. sys_vmsplice()
moves data to a pipe, with the input being a user address range instead.

This uses an approach suggested by Linus, where we can hold partial ranges
inside the pages[] map. Hopefully this will be useful for network
receive support as well.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>

15 years ago[doc] add paragraph about 'fs' subsystem to sysfs.txt
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:49:26 +0000]
[doc] add paragraph about 'fs' subsystem to sysfs.txt

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>

15 years ago[fuse] fix race between checking and setting file->private_data
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:49:16 +0000]
[fuse] fix race between checking and setting file->private_data

BKL does not protect against races if the task may sleep between
checking and setting a value.  So move checking of file->private_data
near to setting it in fuse_fill_super().

Found by Al Viro.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>

15 years ago[fuse] fix deadlock between fuse_put_super() and request_end(), try #2
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:49:06 +0000]
[fuse] fix deadlock between fuse_put_super() and request_end(), try #2

A deadlock was possible, when the last reference to the superblock was
held due to a background request containing a file reference.

Releasing the file would release the vfsmount which in turn would
release the superblock.  Since sbput_sem is held during the fput() and
fuse_put_super() tries to acquire this same semaphore, a deadlock
results.

The solution is to move the fput() outside the region protected by
sbput_sem.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>

15 years agoRevert "[fuse] fix deadlock between fuse_put_super() and request_end()"
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:48:55 +0000]
Revert "[fuse] fix deadlock between fuse_put_super() and request_end()"

This reverts 73ce8355c243a434524a34c05cc417dd0467996e commit.

It was wrong, because it didn't take into account the requirement,
that iput() for background requests must be performed synchronously
with ->put_super(), otherwise active inodes may remain after unmount.

The right solution is to keep the sbput_sem and perform iput() within
the locked region, but move fput() outside sbput_sem.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>

15 years ago[PATCH] splice: fix offset problems
Jens Axboe [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:42:00 +0000]
[PATCH] splice: fix offset problems

Make the move_from_pipe() actors return number of bytes processed, then
move_from_pipe() can decide more cleverly when to move on to the next
buffer.

This fixes problems with pipe offset and differing file offset.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>

15 years ago[PATCH] splice: fix min() warning
Andrew Morton [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:33:34 +0000]
[PATCH] splice: fix min() warning

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>

15 years agoe1000: Update truesize with the length of the packet for packet split
Auke Kok [Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:50:04 +0000]
e1000: Update truesize with the length of the packet for packet split

Update skb with the real packet size.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <auke-jan.h.kok@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: John Ronciak <john.ronciak@intel.com>

15 years ago[ARM] vfp: fix leak of VFP_NAN_FLAG into FPSCR
Russell King [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:41:27 +0000]
[ARM] vfp: fix leak of VFP_NAN_FLAG into FPSCR

The VFP code can leak VFP_NAN_FLAG into the FPSCR. It doesn't correspond
to any real FPSCR bit (and overlaps one of the exception flags).

Bug report from Daniel Jacobowitz

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

15 years ago[ARM] 3484/1: Correct AEABI CFLAGS for correct enum handling
Richard Purdie [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:36:04 +0000]
[ARM] 3484/1: Correct AEABI CFLAGS for correct enum handling

Patch from Richard Purdie

The AAPCS says that enums can be variably sized depending on the range
of valid values. This is not the accepted behaviour under linux so for
compatibility gcc has an aapcs-linux target, the main difference being
that enums are always of type int. Change the ARM Makefile to use this
target.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

15 years ago[PATCH] Alpha: strncpy() fix
Ivan Kokshaysky [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:45:19 +0000]
[PATCH] Alpha: strncpy() fix

As it turned out after recent SCSI changes, strncpy() was broken -
it mixed up the return values from __stxncpy() in registers $24 and $27.

Thanks to Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer for tracking down the problem
and providing an excellent test case.

Signed-off-by: Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 03:08:08 +0000]
Merge /linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable:
  [CIFS] Fix compile error when CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL is undefined

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: ipt action: use xt_check_target for basic verification
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:18:59 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: ipt action: use xt_check_target for basic verification

The targets don't do the basic verification themselves anymore so
the ipt action needs to take care of it.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: x_tables: move table->lock initialization
Dmitry Mishin [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:18:25 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: x_tables: move table->lock initialization

xt_table->lock should be initialized before xt_replace_table() call, which
uses it. This patch removes strict requirement that table should define
lock before registering.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Mishin <dim@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Kirill Korotaev <dev@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: ip6_tables: remove broken comefrom debugging
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:17:49 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: ip6_tables: remove broken comefrom debugging

The introduction of x_tables broke comefrom debugging, remove it from
ip6_tables as well (ip_tables already got removed).

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: kill unused callback init_conntrack
Yasuyuki Kozakai [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:16:59 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: kill unused callback init_conntrack

Signed-off-by: Yasuyuki Kozakai <yasuyuki.kozakai@toshiba.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: Fix compat_xt_counters alignment for non-x86
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:16:28 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: Fix compat_xt_counters alignment for non-x86

Some (?) non-x86 architectures require 8byte alignment for u_int64_t
even when compiled for 32bit, using u_int32_t in compat_xt_counters
breaks on these architectures, use u_int64_t for everything but x86.

Reported by Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: ULOG target is not obsolete
Thomas Voegtle [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:15:54 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: ULOG target is not obsolete

The backend part is obsoleted, but the target itself is still needed.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Voegtle <tv@lio96.de>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: Fix module refcount dropping too far
Yasuyuki Kozakai [Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:15:17 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: Fix module refcount dropping too far

If nf_ct_l3proto_find_get() fails to get the refcount of
nf_ct_l3proto_generic, nf_ct_l3proto_put() will drop the refcount
too far.

This gets rid of '.me = THIS_MODULE' of nf_ct_l3proto_generic so that
nf_ct_l3proto_find_get() doesn't try to get refcount of it.
It's OK because its symbol is usable until nf_conntrack.ko is unloaded.

This also kills unnecessary NULL pointer check as well.
__nf_ct_proto_find() allways returns non-NULL pointer.

Signed-off-by: Yasuyuki Kozakai <yasuyuki.kozakai@toshiba.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[SPARC]: __NR_sys removal
OGAWA Hirofumi [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:48:51 +0000]
[SPARC]: __NR_sys removal

__NR_sys_sync_file_range part was lost somewhere...
[glibc is already checking __NR_sync_file_range]

Signed-off-by: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

15 years ago[PATCH] bcm43xx: make PIO mode usable
Michael Buesch [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:23:10 +0000]
[PATCH] bcm43xx: make PIO mode usable

This patch fixes PIO mode on the softmac bcm43xx
driver. (A dscape patch will follow).
It mainly fixes endianess issues.
This patch is tested on PowerPC32 and i386.

Signed-off-by: Michael Buesch <mb@bu3sch.de>
Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>

15 years ago[PATCH] bcm43xx: add to MAINTAINERS
Michael Buesch [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:31:27 +0000]
[PATCH] bcm43xx: add to MAINTAINERS

Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>

15 years ago[PATCH] softmac: fix SIOCSIWAP
Johannes Berg [Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:02:03 +0000]
[PATCH] softmac: fix SIOCSIWAP

There are some bugs in the current implementation of the SIOCSIWAP wext,
for example that when you do it twice and it fails, it may still try
another access point for some reason. This patch fixes this by introducing
a new flag that tells the association code that the bssid that is in use
was fixed by the user and shouldn't be deviated from.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>

15 years ago[PATCH] Fix crash on big-endian systems during scan
Pavel Roskin [Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:36:43 +0000]
[PATCH] Fix crash on big-endian systems during scan

The original code was doing arithmetics on a little-endian value.
Reported by Stelios Koroneos <stelios@stelioscellar.com>

Signed-off-by: Pavel Roskin <proski@gnu.org>
Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>

15 years ago[CIFS] Fix compile error when CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL is undefined
Steve French [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:24:54 +0000]
[CIFS] Fix compile error when CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL is undefined

Signed-off-by: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Steve French <sfrench@us.ibm.com>

15 years ago[MMC] pxamci: fix data timeout calculation
Russell King [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:27:02 +0000]
[MMC] pxamci: fix data timeout calculation

The MMC layer gives us two parts for the timeout calculation - a fixed
timeout in nanoseconds, and a card clock-speed dependent part.

The PXA MMC hardware allows for a timeout based on the fixed host clock
speed only.  This resulted in some cards being given a short timeout,
and therefore failing to work.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

15 years ago[ARM] nommu: trivial fixups for head-nommu.S and the Makefile
Hyok S. Choi [Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:45:35 +0000]
[ARM] nommu: trivial fixups for head-nommu.S and the Makefile

This patch fix compilation problem of start-up codes.
(head-nommu.S, arch/arm/kernel/Makefile)

Signed-off-by: Hyok S. Choi <hyok.choi@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

15 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:44:10 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6:
  [PARISC] MAINTAINERS
  [PARISC] Make ioremap default to _nocache
  [PARISC] Add new entries to the syscall table
  [PARISC] Further work for multiple page sizes
  [PARISC] Fix up hil_kbd.c mismerge
  [PARISC] defconfig updates
  [PARISC] Document that we tolerate "Relaxed Ordering"
  [PARISC] Misc. janitorial work
  [PARISC] EISA regions must be mapped NO_CACHE
  [PARISC] OSS ad1889: Match register names with ALSA driver

15 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-fixes-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:43:21 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-fixes-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-fixes-2.6:
  [PATCH] pcmcia/pcmcia_resource.c: fix crash when using Cardbus cards
  [PATCH] vrc4171: update config
  [PATCH] pcmcia: fix oops in static mapping case
  [PATCH] pcmcia: remove unneeded forward declarations
  [PATCH] pcmcia: do not set dev_node to NULL too early
  [PATCH] pcmcia: fix comment for pcmcia_load_firmware
  [PATCH] pcmcia: unload second device first
  [PATCH] pcmcia: add new ID to pcnet_cs

15 years agoMerge branch 'drm-patches' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:41:20 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-patches' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6

* 'drm-patches' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6:
  drm: possible cleanups
  drm: fixup r300 scratch on BE machines

15 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:38:09 +0000]
Merge /linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6-stable:
  [CIFS] Fix typo in previous
  [CIFS] Readdir fixes to allow search to start at arbitrary position
  [CIFS] Use the kthread_ API instead of opencoding lots of hairy code for kernel
  [CIFS] Don't allow a backslash in a path component
  [CIFS] [CIFS] Do not take rename sem on most path based calls (during

15 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc-merge
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:36:31 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc-merge

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc-merge:
  powerpc: Fix define_machine so machine_is() works from modules
  powerpc/ppc: export strncasecmp
  [PATCH] powerpc: fix oops in alsa powermac driver
  [PATCH] powerpc: update {g5,iseries,pseries}_defconfigs
  [PATCH] ppc: Fix powersave code on arch/ppc
  [PATCH] powerpc/cell: remove BUILD_BUG_ON and add sys_tee to spu_syscall_table
  [PATCH] powermac: Fix i2c on keywest based chips
  [PATCH] powerpc: Lower threshold for DART enablement to 1GB
  [PATCH] powerpc: IOMMU support for honoring dma_mask

15 years agodrm: possible cleanups
Dave Airlie [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:26:40 +0000]
drm: possible cleanups

This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
- make the following needlessly global function static:
 - drm_bufs.c: drm_addbufs_fb()
- remove the following unused EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
 - drm_agpsupport.c: drm_agp_bind_memory
 - drm_bufs.c: drm_rmmap_locked
 - drm_bufs.c: drm_rmmap
 - drm_stub.c: drm_get_dev

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

15 years agodrm: fixup r300 scratch on BE machines
Dave Airlie [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:14:00 +0000]
drm: fixup r300 scratch on BE machines

This fixes the r300 scratch stuff to work on PPC,
from Ben Herrenschmidt on IRC.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

15 years ago[CIFS] Fix typo in previous
Steve French [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 01:54:50 +0000]
[CIFS] Fix typo in previous

Signed-off-by: Steve French <sfrench@us.ibm.com>

15 years agopowerpc: Fix define_machine so machine_is() works from modules
Paul Mackerras [Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:42:04 +0000]
powerpc: Fix define_machine so machine_is() works from modules

machine_is() was always returning 0 when used in a module, because
we weren't exporting the machine definitions.  This was why sound
wasn't working on powermacs when CONFIG_SND_POWERMAC=m.  Original
fix from Ben Herrenschmidt, further fixed by me.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: add HID module parameter
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:39:52 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: add HID module parameter

I recently found that not all BIOS manufacturers are using the specified
generic PNP id in their TPM ACPI table entry.  I have added the vendor
specific IDs that I know about and added a module parameter that a user can
specify another HID to the probe list if their device isn't being found by the
default list.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: add interrupt module parameter
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:39:44 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: add interrupt module parameter

This patch adds a boolean module parameter that allows the user to turn
interrupt support on and off.  The default behavior is to attempt to use
interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: spacing cleanups 2
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:39:31 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: spacing cleanups 2

Fixes minor spacing issues.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm_infineon section fixup
Randy Dunlap [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:39:18 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm_infineon section fixup

Use __devexit_p() for the exit/remove function to protect against
discarding it.

WARNING: drivers/char/tpm/tpm_infineon.o - Section mismatch: reference to .exit.text:tpm_inf_pnp_remove from .data between 'tpm_inf_pnp' (at offset 0x20) and 'tpm_inf'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net>
Cc: Kylene Jo Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: update bios log code for 1.2
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:39:07 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: update bios log code for 1.2

The acpi table which contains the BIOS log events was updated for 1.2.
There are now client and server modes as defined in the specifications with
slightly different formats.  Additionally, the start field was even too
small for the 1.1 version but had been working anyway.  This patch updates
the code to deal with any of the three types of headers probperly (1.1, 1.2
client and 1.2 server).

Signed-off-by: Kylie Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: check mem start and len
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:38:55 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: check mem start and len

The memory start and length values obtained from the ACPI entry need to be
checked and filled in with the default values from the specification if
they don't exist.  This patch fills in the default values and uses them
appropriately.

Signed-off-by: Kylie Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: tpm_infineon updated to latest interface changes
Marcel Selhorst [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:38:42 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: tpm_infineon updated to latest interface changes

Apply the latest changes in the TPM interface to the Infineon TPM-driver.

Signed-off-by: Marcel Selhorst <selhorst@crypto.rub.de>
Acked-by: Kylie Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: use clear_bit
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:38:32 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: use clear_bit

Use set_bit() and clear_bit() for dev_mask manipulation.

Signed-off-by: Kylie Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: msecs_to_jiffies cleanups
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:38:19 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: msecs_to_jiffies cleanups

The timeout and duration values used in the tpm driver are not exposed to
userspace.  This patch converts the storage units to jiffies with
msecs_to_jiffies.  They were always being used in jiffies so this
simplifies things removing the need for calculation all over the place.
The change necessitated a type change in the tpm_chip struct to hold
jiffies.

Signed-off-by: Kylie Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: driver for next generation TPM chips
Leendert van Doorn [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:38:03 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: driver for next generation TPM chips

The driver for the next generation of TPM chips version 1.2 including support
for interrupts.  The Trusted Computing Group has written the TPM Interface
Specification (TIS) which defines a common interface for all manufacturer's
1.2 TPM's thus the name tpm_tis.

Signed-off-by: Leendert van Doorn <leendert@watson.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: new 1.2 sysfs files
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:37:50 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: new 1.2 sysfs files

Many of the sysfs files were calling the TPM_GetCapability command with array.
 Since for 1.2 more sysfs files of this type are coming I am generalizing the
array so there can be one array and the unique parts can be filled in just
before the command is called.

This updated version of the patch breaks the multi-value sysfs file into
separate files pointed out by Greg.  It also addresses the code redundancy and
ugliness in the tpm_show_* functions pointed out on another patch by Dave
Hansen.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: command duration update
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:37:38 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: command duration update

With the TPM 1.2 Specification, each command is classified as short, medium or
long and the chip tells you the maximum amount of time for a response to each
class of command.  This patch provides and array of the classifications and a
function to determine how long the response should be waited for.  Also, it
uses that information in the command processing to determine how long to poll
for.  The function is exported so the 1.2 driver can use the functionality to
determine how long to wait for a DataAvailable interrupt if interrupts are
being used.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: return chip from tpm_register_hardware
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:37:26 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: return chip from tpm_register_hardware

Changes in the 1.2 TPM Specification make it necessary to update some fields
of the chip structure in the initialization function after it is registered
with tpm.c thus tpm_register_hardware was modified to return a pointer to the
structure.  This patch makes that change and the associated changes in
tpm_atmel and tpm_nsc.  The changes to tpm_infineon will be coming in a patch
from Marcel Selhorst.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: chip struct update
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:37:15 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: chip struct update

To assist with chip management and better support the possibility of having
multiple TPMs in the system of the same kind, the struct tpm_vendor_specific
member of the tpm_chip was changed from a pointer to an instance.  This patch
changes that declaration and fixes up all accesses to the structure member
except in tpm_infineon which is coming in a patch from Marcel Selhorst.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: reorganize sysfs files
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:37:05 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: reorganize sysfs files

Many of the sysfs files were calling the TPM_GetCapability command with array.
Since for 1.2 more sysfs files of this type are coming I am generalizing the
array so there can be one array and the unique parts can be filled in just
before the command is called.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: spacing cleanups
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:36:56 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: spacing cleanups

The following patch set contains numerous changes to the base tpm driver
(tpm.c) to support the next generation of TPM chips.  The changes include new
sysfs files because of more relevant data being available, a function to
access the timeout and duration values for the chip, and changes to make use
of those duration values.  Duration in the TPM specification is defined as the
maximum amount of time the chip could take to return the results.  Commands
are in one of three categories short, medium and long.  Also included are
cleanups of how the commands for the sysfs files are composed to reduce a
bunch of redundant arrays.

This patch:

Fix minor spacing issues.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: fix missing string
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:36:46 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: fix missing string

A string corresponding to the tcpa_pc_event_id POST_CONTENTS was missing
causing an overflow bug when access was attempted in the get_event_name
function.

This bug was found by Coverity.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

15 years ago[PATCH] tpm: fix memory leak
Kylene Jo Hall [Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:36:35 +0000]
[PATCH] tpm: fix memory leak

The eventname was kmalloc'd and not freed in the *_show functions.

This bug was found by Coverity.

Signed-off-by: Kylene Hall <kjhall@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>