14 years agodontdiff: add utsrelease.h
Randy Dunlap [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:37:56 +0000]
dontdiff: add utsrelease.h

Add auto-generated utsrelease.h to dontdiff file.

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: fix "mkdir -p" usage in scripts/package/mkspec
Rolf Eike Beer [Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:16:47 +0000]
kbuild: fix "mkdir -p" usage in scripts/package/mkspec

"mkdir -p" does not only mean not to complain if the directory already
exists, but also to create the parent directories if needed. This patch
removes "lib" from the list of directories to create as we will also create
"lib/modules".

Signed-off-by: Rolf Eike Beer <eike-kernel@sf-tec.de>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: correct and clarify versioning info in Makefile
Robert P. J. Day [Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:38:19 +0000]
kbuild: correct and clarify versioning info in Makefile

The attached patch clarifies the creation of KERNELRELEASE and
corrects an error regarding the use of $(LOCALVERSION).

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: fixup Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt
Robert P. J. Day [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:39:41 +0000]
kbuild: fixup Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: Extend kbuild/defconfig tags support to exuberant ctags
Aron Griffis [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:27:02 +0000]
kbuild: Extend kbuild/defconfig tags support to exuberant ctags

The following patch extends kbuild/defconfig tags support to exuberant
ctags.  The previous support is only for emacs ctags/etags programs.

This patch also corrects the kconfig regex for the emacs invocation.
Previously it would miss some instances because it assumed /^config
instead of /^[ \t]*config

Signed-off-by: Aron Griffis <aron@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: fix for some typos in Documentation/makefiles.txt
Bryce Harrington [Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:43:37 +0000]
kbuild: fix for some typos in Documentation/makefiles.txt

I noticed a few typos while reading makefiles.txt to learn about the
kbuild system.  Attached is a patch against 2.6.18 to fix them.
Remove trailing whitespace while we are there..

Signed-off-by: Bryce Harrington <bryce@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: clarify "make C=" build option
Robert P. J. Day [Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:57:50 +0000]
kbuild: clarify "make C=" build option

Clarify the use of "make C=" in the top-level Makefile, and fix a
typo in the Documentation file.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agoDocumentaion: update Documentation/Changes with minimum versions
Robert P. J. Day [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:39:19 +0000]
Documentaion: update Documentation/Changes with minimum versions

Based on conversations with greg kh (and noticing a simple typo),
these are the actual minimal versions for 2.6.18.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: update help in top level Makefile
Robert P. J. Day [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:09:42 +0000]
kbuild: update help in top level Makefile

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: fail kernel compilation in case of unresolved module symbols
Kirill Korotaev [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:08:54 +0000]
kbuild: fail kernel compilation in case of unresolved module symbols

At stage 2 modpost utility is used to check modules.  In case of unresolved
symbols modpost only prints warning.

IMHO it is a good idea to fail compilation process in case of unresolved
symbols (at least in modules coming with kernel), since usually such errors
are left unnoticed, but kernel modules are broken.

- new option '-w' is added to modpost:
  if option is specified, modpost only warns about unresolved symbols

- modpost is called with '-w' for external modules in Makefile.modpost

Signed-off-by: Andrey Mirkin <amirkin@sw.ru>
Signed-off-by: Kirill Korotaev <dev@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: remove debug left-over from Makefile.host
Sam Ravnborg [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:45:41 +0000]
kbuild: remove debug left-over from Makefile.host

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: create output directory for hostprogs with O=.. build
Sam Ravnborg [Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:55:33 +0000]
kbuild: create output directory for hostprogs with O=.. build

hostprogs-y only supported creating output directory for the final
program. Extend this to also cover the situation where a .o
file (used when host program is made from compositie objects) is
locate in another directory.
First user of this is the built-in lxdialog that.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: add missing return statement in modpost.c:secref_whitelist()
Sam Ravnborg [Wed, 9 Aug 2006 06:23:55 +0000]
kbuild: add missing return statement in modpost.c:secref_whitelist()

Noticed by: Magnus Damm <magnus@valinux.co.jp>

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: preperly align SYSMAP output
Sam Ravnborg [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:41:18 +0000]
kbuild: preperly align SYSMAP output

Align filenames for SYSMAP with other filenames

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: make -rR is now default
Sam Ravnborg [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:36:08 +0000]
kbuild: make -rR is now default

Do not specify -rR anymore - it is default.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: make V=2 tell why a target is rebuild
Sam Ravnborg [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:35:14 +0000]
kbuild: make V=2 tell why a target is rebuild

tell why a a target got build
   enabled by make V=2
      Output (listed in the order they are checked):
         (1) - due to target is PHONY
         (2) - due to target missing
         (3) - due to: file1.h file2.h
         (4) - due to command line change
         (5) - due to missing .cmd file
         (6) - due to target not in $(targets)
(1) We always build PHONY targets
(2) No target, so we better build it
(3) Prerequisite is newer than target
(4) The command line stored in the file named dir/.target.cmd
    differed from actual command line. This happens when compiler
    options changes
(5) No dir/.target.cmd file (used to store command line)
(6) No dir/.target.cmd file and target not listed in $(targets)
    This is a good hint that there is a bug in the kbuild file

This patch is inspired by a patch from: Milton Miller <miltonm@bga.com>

Cc: Milton Miller <miltonm@bga.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: modpost on vmlinux regardless of CONFIG_MODULES
Sam Ravnborg [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:43:39 +0000]
kbuild: modpost on vmlinux regardless of CONFIG_MODULES

Based on patch from: Magnus Damm <magnus@valinux.co.jp>
This has the advantage that all section mismatch checks are run regardless
of modules being enabled or not.

When running modpost on vmlinux output:
MODPOST vmlinux

When running modpost on modules output count of modules like this:
MODPOST 5 modules

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: ignore references from ".pci_fixup" to ".init.text"
Magnus Damm [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:32:11 +0000]
kbuild: ignore references from ".pci_fixup" to ".init.text"

The modpost code is extended to ignore references
from ".pci_fixup" to ".init.text".

Signed-off-by: Magnus Damm <magnus@valinux.co.jp>

14 years agokbuild: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt
Jan Engelhardt [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:14:29 +0000]
kbuild: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt

I have done a look-through through Documentation/kbuild/ and my corrections
(proposed) are attached.

Cc'ed are original author Michael (responsible for comitting changes to
these files?), Sam (kbuild maintainer), Adrian (-trivial maintainer).

Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt
Jan Engelhardt [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:14:29 +0000]
kbuild: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt

I have done a look-through through Documentation/kbuild/ and my corrections
(proposed) are attached.

Cc'ed are original author Michael (responsible for comitting changes to
these files?), Sam (kbuild maintainer), Adrian (-trivial maintainer).

Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokconfig: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
Jan Engelhardt [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:14:29 +0000]
kconfig: linguistic fixes for Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt

I have done a look-through through Documentation/kbuild/ and my corrections
(proposed) are attached.

Cc'ed are original author Michael (responsible for comitting changes to
these files?), Sam (kbuild maintainer), Adrian (-trivial maintainer).

Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agoremove RPM_BUILD_ROOT from asm-offsets.h
Olaf Hering [Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:42:26 +0000]
remove RPM_BUILD_ROOT from asm-offsets.h

No file in rpm binary package should have the RPM_BUILD_ROOT string in it.
To simplify building of external modules, our kernel-source package
contains some temp files from the Kbuild system.  asm/asm-offsets.h is one
of the files that contains the absolute path if make O=$O is used.

  * This file was generated by /var/tmp/kernel-source-2.6.14_rc4-build/usr/src/linux-2.6.14-rc4-2/Kbuild

Remove the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT string in the shipped tempfile.

Signed-off-by: Olaf Hering <olh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: use in-kernel unifdef
Sam Ravnborg [Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:47:50 +0000]
kbuild: use in-kernel unifdef

Let headers_install use in-kernel unifdef

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: replace use of strlcpy with a dedicated implmentation in unifdef
Sam Ravnborg [Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:41:30 +0000]
kbuild: replace use of strlcpy with a dedicated implmentation in unifdef

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: add unifdef
Sam Ravnborg [Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:39:59 +0000]
kbuild: add unifdef

This patch contains a raw copy of unifdef.c
Next patch will modify it and add infrastructure to use it
Adding unifdef to the kernel is acked by the author.

The reason to add unifdef as part of the kernel source is that it is not
yet a common utility on most distributions.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokbuild: consistently decide when to rebuild a target
Sam Ravnborg [Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:37:44 +0000]
kbuild: consistently decide when to rebuild a target

Consistently decide when to rebuild a target across all of
if_changed, if_changed_dep, if_changed_rule.
PHONY targets are now treated alike (ignored) for all targets

While add it make Kbuild.include almost readable by factoring out a few
bits to some common variables and reuse this in Makefile.build.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agokconfig: support DOS line endings
Matthew Wilcox [Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:54:07 +0000]
kconfig: support DOS line endings

Kconfig doesn't currently handle config files with DOS line endings.
While these are, of course, an abomination, etc, etc, it can be handy
to not have to convert them first.  It's also a tiny patch and even adds
support for lines ending in just \r or even \n\r.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 03:41:53 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6:
  [SCSI] scsi_transport_fc: fixup netlink arguments

14 years ago[SCSI] scsi_transport_fc: fixup netlink arguments
James Bottomley [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 03:07:20 +0000]
[SCSI] scsi_transport_fc: fixup netlink arguments

nlmsg_multicast now takes an extra allocation flag, so add it to
the use in the fibre channel transport class.

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:53:30 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6: (94 commits)
  [SCSI] SPI transport class: misc DV fixes
  [SCSI] Switch some more scsi drivers to pci_get_device and refcounted pci structures
  [SCSI] eata_pio cleanup and PCI fix
  [SCSI] aacraid: README update
  [SCSI] aacraid: remove scsi_remove_device
  [SCSI] aacraid: merge rx and rkt code
  [SCSI] aacraid: expose physical devices
  [SCSI] aacraid: misc cleanup
  [SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file
  [SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file
  [SCSI] zfcp: fix: avoid removal of fsf reqs before qdio queues are down
  [SCSI] zfcp: introduce struct timer_list in struct zfcp_fsf_req
  [SCSI] zfcp: fix: use correct req_id in eh_abort_handler
  [SCSI] zfcp: create private slab caches to guarantee proper data alignment
  [SCSI] zfcp: remove zfcp_ccw_unregister function
  [SCSI] aic7xxx: pause sequencer before touching SBLKCTL
  [SCSI] aic7xxx: avoid checking SBLKCTL register for certain cards
  [SCSI] scsi_debug version 1.80
  [SCSI] megaraid: Make megaraid_ioctl() check copy_to_user() return value
  [SCSI] aha152x: remove static host array
  ...

14 years agoMerge mulgrave-w:git/linux-2.6
James Bottomley [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:03:52 +0000]
Merge mulgrave-w:git/linux-2.6

Conflicts:

include/linux/blkdev.h

Trivial merge to incorporate tag prototypes.

14 years ago[SCSI] SPI transport class: misc DV fixes
James Bottomley [Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:00:18 +0000]
[SCSI] SPI transport class: misc DV fixes

Key more of the domain validation settings off the inquiry data from
the disk (in particular, don't try IU or DT unless the disk claims to
support them.

Also add a new dv_in_progress flag to prevent recursive DV.

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SPARC64]: Update defconfig.
David S. Miller [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:32:38 +0000]
[SPARC64]: Update defconfig.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

14 years ago[SPARC64]: Fix sched_clock() wrapping every ~17 seconds.
David S. Miller [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:31:42 +0000]
[SPARC64]: Fix sched_clock() wrapping every ~17 seconds.

Unfortunately, sparc64 doesn't have an easy way to do a "64 X 64 -->
128" bit multiply like PowerPC and IA64 do.  We were doing a
"64 X 64 --> 64" bit multiple which causes overflow very quickly with
a 30-bit quotient shift.

So use a quotientshift count of 10 instead of 30, just like x86 and
ARM do.

This also fixes the wrapping of printk timestamp values every ~17
seconds.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

14 years ago[SCSI] Switch some more scsi drivers to pci_get_device and refcounted pci structures
Alan Cox [Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:34:32 +0000]
[SCSI] Switch some more scsi drivers to pci_get_device and refcounted pci structures

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] eata_pio cleanup and PCI fix
Alan Cox [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:18:34 +0000]
[SCSI] eata_pio cleanup and PCI fix

This started as a PCI reference fixup but to do that I need to build it,
to build it I need to fix it and its full of 32bitisms and uglies.

It has been resurrected, I'm not sure if this is a thank you for the
work on the license stuff or punishment for some unknown misdeed however
8). I've also fixed a memory scribble in the init code.

One oddity - the changes from HZ * to constants are deliberate. Whoever
originally wrote the code (or cleaned it up) used HZ for a cycle timing
loop even though is not HZ related. I've put it back to the counts used
in the old days when the driver was most used.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aacraid: README update
Mark Haverkamp [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:00:39 +0000]
[SCSI] aacraid: README update

Received from Mark Salyzyn:

This patch to the driver's documentation adds a few new product entries,
sorts the entries on OEM lines first for easy searching, followed by
product id order to make it easier to compare against the open source
pci list. The driver has 'family match' so is somewhat future proof, no
code changes are required to recognize the new products.

Signed-off-by: Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aacraid: remove scsi_remove_device
Mark Haverkamp [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:00:18 +0000]
[SCSI] aacraid: remove scsi_remove_device

Received from Mark Salyzyn:

Until the system is stabilized, I am suggesting the enclosed
modification to prevent the driver from tickling the panic. Once sysfs
and friends are stabilized, the patch may be backed out. We have yet to
evaluate if we really want to relinquish existing Scsi Devices in any
case, holding on to them as configuration of arrays comes and goes makes
some sense as well. As a result, we have opted to pull the lines rather
than comment them in legacy.

Signed-off-by: Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aacraid: merge rx and rkt code
Mark Haverkamp [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:00:02 +0000]
[SCSI] aacraid: merge rx and rkt code

Received from Mark Salyzyn:

The only real difference between the rkt and rx platform modules is the
offset of the message registers. This patch recognizes this similarity
and simplifies the driver to reduce it's code footprint and to improve
maintainability by reducing the code duplication.

Visibly, the 'rkt.c' portion of this patch looks more complicated than
it really is. View it as retaining the rkt-only specifics of the
interface.

Signed-off-by: Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aacraid: expose physical devices
Mark Haverkamp [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:59:43 +0000]
[SCSI] aacraid: expose physical devices

Received from Mark Salyzyn:

I am placing this functionality into an insmod parameter. Normally the physical
components are exported to sg, and are blocked from showing up in sd.

Note that the pass-through I/O path via the driver through the Firmware to the
physical disks is not an optimized path, the card is designed for Hardware
RAID, elevator sorting and caching. This should not be used as a means for
utilizing the aacraid based controllers as a generic scsi/SATA/SAS controller,
performance should suck by a few percentage points, any RAID meta-data on the
drives will confuse the controller about who owns the drives and there is a
high risk of destroying content in both directions. Unreliable and for
experimentation or strange controlled circumstances only.

Signed-off-by: Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aacraid: misc cleanup
Mark Haverkamp [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:59:23 +0000]
[SCSI] aacraid: misc cleanup

Received from Mark Salyzyn:

Basically cleanup, nothing here will have an affect. Adjusting some
error codes, removing superfluous definitions and code fragments.

Signed-off-by: Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years agoMerge git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:23:15 +0000]
Merge git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6

* git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6:
  [MTD] Whitespace cleanup in SSFDC driver.
  [MTD] SSFDC translation layer minor cleanup
  [MTD] Fix dependencies with CONFIG_MTD=m

14 years agoMerge branch 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:21:12 +0000]
Merge branch 'linus' of /linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa

* 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa: (148 commits)
  [ALSA] intel8x0m - Free irq in suspend
  [ALSA] Move CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE to pci/Kconfig
  [ALSA] usb-audio: add mixer control names for the Aureon 5.1 MkII
  [ALSA] ES1938: remove duplicate field initialization
  [ALSA] usb-audio: increase number of packets per URB
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix headphone auto-toggle on sigmatel codec
  [ALSA] hda-intel - A slight cleanup of timeout check in azx_get_response()
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix mic input with STAC92xx codecs
  [ALSA] mixart: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
  [ALSA] gus: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
  [ALSA] opl4: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
  [ALSA] sound core: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Support multiple headphone pins
  [ALSA] hda_intel prefer 24bit instead of 20bit
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Add vendor ids for Motorola and Conexant
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Add device id for Motorola si3054-compatible codec
  [ALSA] Add missing compat ioctls for ALSA control API
  [ALSA] powermac - Fix Oops when conflicting with aoa driver
  [ALSA] aoa: add locking to tas codec
  [ALSA] hda-intel - Fix suspend/resume with MSI
  ...

14 years agoMerge git://git.linux-nfs.org/pub/linux/nfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:58:40 +0000]
Merge git://git.linux-nfs.org/pub/linux/nfs-2.6

* git://git.linux-nfs.org/pub/linux/nfs-2.6: (74 commits)
  NFS: unmark NFS direct I/O as experimental
  NFS: add comments clarifying the use of nfs_post_op_update()
  NFSv4: rpc_mkpipe creating socket inodes w/out sk buffers
  NFS: Use SEEK_END instead of hardcoded value
  NFSv4: When mounting with a port=0 argument, substitute port=2049
  NFSv4: Poll more aggressively when handling NFS4ERR_DELAY
  NFSv4: Handle the condition NFS4ERR_FILE_OPEN
  NFSv4: Retry lease recovery if it failed during a synchronous operation.
  NFS: Don't invalidate the symlink we just stuffed into the cache
  NFS: Make read() return an ESTALE if the file has been deleted
  NFSv4: It's perfectly legal for clp to be NULL here....
  NFS: nfs_lookup - don't hash dentry when optimising away the lookup
  SUNRPC: Fix Oops in pmap_getport_done
  SUNRPC: Add refcounting to the struct rpc_xprt
  SUNRPC: Clean up soft task error handling
  SUNRPC: Handle ENETUNREACH, EHOSTUNREACH and EHOSTDOWN socket errors
  SUNRPC: rpc_delay() should not clobber the rpc_task->tk_status
  Fix a referral error Oops
  NFS: NFS_ROOT should use the new rpc_create API
  NFS: Fix up compiler warnings on 64-bit platforms in client.c
  ...

Manually resolved conflict in net/sunrpc/xprtsock.c

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:49:31 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (353 commits)
  [IPV6] ADDRCONF: Mobile IPv6 Home Address support.
  [IPV6] ADDRCONF: Allow non-DAD'able addresses.
  [IPV6] NDISC: Fix is_router flag setting.
  [IPV6] ADDRCONF: Convert addrconf_lock to RCU.
  [IPV6] NDISC: Add proxy_ndp sysctl.
  [IPV6] NDISC: Set per-entry is_router flag in Proxy NA.
  [IPV6] NDISC: Avoid updating neighbor cache for proxied address in receiving NA.
  [IPV6]: Don't forward packets to proxied link-local address.
  [IPV6] NDISC: Handle NDP messages to proxied addresses.
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: fix another GRE keymap leak
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: fix GRE keymap leak
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: fix PPTP_IN_CALL message types
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: check call ID before changing state
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: clean up debugging cruft
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: consolidate header parsing
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: consolidate header size checks
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: simplify expectation handling
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: remove unnecessary cid/pcid header pointers
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: fix header definitions
  [NETFILTER]: PPTP conntrack: remove more dead code
  ...

14 years ago[CRYPTO] hmac: Fix error truncation by unlikely()
Herbert Xu [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:30:19 +0000]
[CRYPTO] hmac: Fix error truncation by unlikely()

The error return values are truncated by unlikely so we need to
save it first.  Thanks to Kyle Moffett for spotting this.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file
Swen Schillig [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:29:31 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file

As Andreas stated he will not maintain the zfcp driver anymore.
Instead I will take over the responsibility.

Signed-off-by: Swen Schillig <swen@vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file
Andreas Herrmann [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:32:15 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: update maintainers file

Removed myself as maintainer of the s390 zfcp driver --
I will not maintain it any longer.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: fix: avoid removal of fsf reqs before qdio queues are down
Andreas Herrmann [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:30:36 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: fix: avoid removal of fsf reqs before qdio queues are down

Fix the fix ... One of my previous fixes introduced removal of all fsf
requests in zfcp's eh_host_reset_handler. But this must not happen
before qdio queues are shut down. So, I revert the changes of
zfcp_scsi_eh_host_reset_handler.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: introduce struct timer_list in struct zfcp_fsf_req
Andreas Herrmann [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:29:56 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: introduce struct timer_list in struct zfcp_fsf_req

This instance will be used whenever a timer is needed for
a request by zfcp.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: fix: use correct req_id in eh_abort_handler
Andreas Herrmann [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:29:20 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: fix: use correct req_id in eh_abort_handler

zfcp's eh_abort_handler used the wrong request ID to
identify the request to be aborted. The bug was introduced
with commit fea9d6c7bcd8ff1d60ff74f27ba483b3820b18a3
for improved management of request IDs. The bug is
fixed with this patch.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: create private slab caches to guarantee proper data alignment
Heiko Carstens [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:28:49 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: create private slab caches to guarantee proper data alignment

Create private slab caches in order to guarantee proper alignment of
data structures that get passed to hardware.

Sidenote: with this patch slab cache debugging will finally work on s390
(at least no known problems left).

Furthermore this patch does some minor cleanups:
- store ptr for transport template in struct zfcp_data

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Compile fix ups and
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] zfcp: remove zfcp_ccw_unregister function
Heiko Carstens [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:28:04 +0000]
[SCSI] zfcp: remove zfcp_ccw_unregister function

Remove unused zfcp_ccw_unregister function (leftover from zfcp's
module_exit era).

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andreas Herrmann <aherrman@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aic7xxx: pause sequencer before touching SBLKCTL
Doug Ledford [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 05:38:15 +0000]
[SCSI] aic7xxx: pause sequencer before touching SBLKCTL

Some cards need to pause the sequencer before the SBLKCTL register is
touched.  This fixes a PCI related oops seen on powerpc macs with this
card caused by trying to ascertain the bus signalling before beginning
domain validation.

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aic7xxx: avoid checking SBLKCTL register for certain cards
James Bottomley [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:04:40 +0000]
[SCSI] aic7xxx: avoid checking SBLKCTL register for certain cards

For cards that don't support LVD, checking the SBLKCTL register to
determine the bus singalling doesn't work.  So, check that the card
supports LVD first (AHC_ULTRA2) before checking the register.

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] scsi_debug version 1.80
Douglas Gilbert [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:30:47 +0000]
[SCSI] scsi_debug version 1.80

See http://www.torque.net/sg/sdebug26.html for more
information on the scsi_debug driver.

ChangeLog:
  - add 'vpd_use_hostno' parameter to allow simulated hosts
    to see the same set of targets (and luns). For testing
    multipath software.
  - add 'fake_rw' parameter to ignore the data in READ and
    WRITE commands
  - add support for log subpages (new in SPC-4)
  - yield appropriate block descriptor for MODE SENSE
    commands (only for pdt=0 (i.e. disks))
  - REQUEST SENSE response no longer shows the stopped
    power condition (SAT changed to agree with SPC-3)

Signed-off-by: Douglas Gilbert <dougg@torque.net>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years agoMerge mulgrave-w:git/scsi-misc-2.6
James Bottomley [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:33:43 +0000]
Merge mulgrave-w:git/scsi-misc-2.6

Conflicts:

drivers/scsi/iscsi_tcp.c
drivers/scsi/iscsi_tcp.h

Pretty horrible merge between crypto hash consolidation
and crypto_digest_...->crypto_hash_... conversion

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[PATCH] more get_property() fallout
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:21:35 +0000]
[PATCH] more get_property() fallout

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] briq_panel: read() and write() get __user pointers, damnit
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:20:56 +0000]
[PATCH] briq_panel: read() and write() get __user pointers, damnit

annotated, fixed a roothole in ->write().  Dereferencing user-supplied pointer
is a Bad Idea(tm)...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] #elif that should've been #elif defined
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:45:55 +0000]
[PATCH] #elif that should've been #elif defined

 #elif CONFIG_44x
in ibm4xx.h should've been
 #elif defined(CONFIG_44x)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] more fallout from get_property returning pointer to const
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:44:58 +0000]
[PATCH] more fallout from get_property returning pointer to const

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] missing includes from infiniband merge
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:44:16 +0000]
[PATCH] missing includes from infiniband merge

indirect chains of includes are arch-specific and can't
be relied upon...  (hell, even attempt to build it for
itanic would trigger vmalloc.h ones; err.h triggers
on e.g. alpha).

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[CRYPTO] hmac: Fix hmac_init update call
Herbert Xu [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:40:41 +0000]
[CRYPTO] hmac: Fix hmac_init update call

The crypto_hash_update call in hmac_init gave the number 1
instead of the length of the sg list in bytes.  This is a
missed conversion from the digest => hash change.

As tcrypt only tests crypto_hash_digest it didn't catch this.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[KERNEL] Do not truncate to 'int' in ALIGN() macro.
David Miller [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 05:31:36 +0000]
[KERNEL] Do not truncate to 'int' in ALIGN() macro.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[SCSI] megaraid: Make megaraid_ioctl() check copy_to_user() return value
Jesper Juhl [Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:43:11 +0000]
[SCSI] megaraid: Make megaraid_ioctl() check copy_to_user() return value

Check copy_to_user() return value in drivers/scsi/megaraid.c::megadev_ioctl()
This gets rid of this little warning:
  drivers/scsi/megaraid.c:3661: warning: ignoring return value of 'copy_to_user', declared with attribute warn_unused_result

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Acked-by: "Ju, Seokmann" <Seokmann.Ju@lsil.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aha152x: remove static host array
James Bottomley [Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:04:58 +0000]
[SCSI] aha152x: remove static host array

Fix this driver not to use a static two element host array instead use
a list.  This should fix panic on multiple eject reinsert of the
pcmcia version of this device.

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aic94xx: Fix for a typo in aic94xx_init()
malahal@us.ibm.com [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:12:42 +0000]
[SCSI] aic94xx: Fix for a typo in aic94xx_init()

Signed-off-by: Malahal Naineni <malahal@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[SCSI] aic94xx: Removes Reliance on FLASH Manufacture IDs
Alexis Bruemmer [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:32:16 +0000]
[SCSI] aic94xx: Removes Reliance on FLASH Manufacture IDs

This patch removes the reliance on FLASH Manufacture IDs for validation.

Signed-off-by: Alexis Bruemmer <alexisb@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com>

14 years ago[MTD] Whitespace cleanup in SSFDC driver.
David Woodhouse [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:20:48 +0000]
[MTD] Whitespace cleanup in SSFDC driver.

Says akpm: ' - search for "( " and " )", fix.'

Signed-off-by: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>

14 years ago[MTD] SSFDC translation layer minor cleanup
David Woodhouse [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:56:24 +0000]
[MTD] SSFDC translation layer minor cleanup

Don't include <linux/config.h>.
Don't say 'MB' where you mean 'MiB'.
Don't allocate 512 bytes on the stack.

Signed-off-by: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>

14 years ago[MTD] Fix dependencies with CONFIG_MTD=m
David Woodhouse [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:24:36 +0000]
[MTD] Fix dependencies with CONFIG_MTD=m

CMDLINEPARTS shouldn't be selectable, and neither should SSFDC, which
can be a tristate anyway.

Signed-off-by: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>

14 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0m - Free irq in suspend
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:30:42 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0m - Free irq in suspend

Free the irq handler in suspend and reacquire in resume as well as
intel8x0 audio driver does.  Some devices may change the irq line
dynamically during suspend/resume.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Move CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE to pci/Kconfig
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:27:55 +0000]
[ALSA] Move CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE to pci/Kconfig

Moved the entry of CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE from drivers/Kconfig to
more appropriate place, pci/Kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add mixer control names for the Aureon 5.1 MkII
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:00:51 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add mixer control names for the Aureon 5.1 MkII

Add a mixer name map for the TerraTec Aureon 5.1 MkII USB.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ES1938: remove duplicate field initialization
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:58:40 +0000]
[ALSA] ES1938: remove duplicate field initialization

Remove the duplicate and inconsistent initialization of the kcontrol
access field.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: increase number of packets per URB
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:57:36 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: increase number of packets per URB

To decrease the USB interrupts rate, increase both the default and the
maximum number of packets per URB.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix headphone auto-toggle on sigmatel codec
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:28:21 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix headphone auto-toggle on sigmatel codec

Fix/optimize the headphone auto-toggle function on sigmatel codecs.
The headphone pins are kept as output.  When headhpones are unplugged,
you cannot hear anyway ;)

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - A slight cleanup of timeout check in azx_get_response()
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:34:13 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - A slight cleanup of timeout check in azx_get_response()

A slight cleanup of timeout check in azx_get_response() to check
jiffies for HZ-independent timeout.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix mic input with STAC92xx codecs
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:56:18 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix mic input with STAC92xx codecs

Fixed mic input with STAC92xx codecs.  The mic pin was sometimes set to
OUTPUT by the headphone jack detection.
Also, try to assign a secondary mic as front-mic (or vice versa)
in the auto-detection if possible.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] mixart: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
Josef 'Jeff' Sipek [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:42 +0000]
[ALSA] mixart: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

mixart: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

Signed-off-by: Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] gus: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
Josef 'Jeff' Sipek [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:14 +0000]
[ALSA] gus: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

gus: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

Signed-off-by: Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] opl4: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
Josef 'Jeff' Sipek [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:32:43 +0000]
[ALSA] opl4: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

opl4: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

Signed-off-by: Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] sound core: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values
Josef 'Jeff' Sipek [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:31:58 +0000]
[ALSA] sound core: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

sound core: Use SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} instead of hardcoded values

Signed-off-by: Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Support multiple headphone pins
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:10:27 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Support multiple headphone pins

Some machines have multiple headpohne pins (usually on the lpatop
and on the docking station) while the current hda-codec driver
assumes a single headphone pin.  Now it supports multiple hp pins
(at least for detection).
The sigmatel 92xx code supports this new multiple hp pins.
It detects all hp pins for auto-muting, too.
Also, the driver checks speaker pins in addition.  In some cases,
all line-out, speaker and hp-pins coexist.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda_intel prefer 24bit instead of 20bit
Nicolas Graziano [Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:23:14 +0000]
[ALSA] hda_intel prefer 24bit instead of 20bit

If I understand the hda_intel code, for format > 20bit it only advertise
the SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S32_LE format and play it at 32 bit, 20 bit or 24 bit.
But if the 20bit and 24bit are available, actually it prefer the 20bit
format. This path is to prefer the 24bit format instead of 20bit.

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Graziano <nicolas.graziano@wanadoo.fr>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add vendor ids for Motorola and Conexant
Takashi Iwai [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:05:54 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add vendor ids for Motorola and Conexant

Added string entries for Motorola and Conexant vendor ids.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add device id for Motorola si3054-compatible codec
Takashi Iwai [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:04:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add device id for Motorola si3054-compatible codec

Added the device id for Motorola si3054-compatible modem codec
on a Gateway laptop.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add missing compat ioctls for ALSA control API
Takashi Iwai [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:02:22 +0000]
[ALSA] Add missing compat ioctls for ALSA control API

Added the missing 32bit-compat ioctl entries for ALSA control API
(espcially for recent additions of TLV stuff).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] powermac - Fix Oops when conflicting with aoa driver
Takashi Iwai [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:00:51 +0000]
[ALSA] powermac - Fix Oops when conflicting with aoa driver

Fixed Oops when conflictin with aoa driver due to lack of
i2c initialization.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] aoa: add locking to tas codec
Johannes Berg [Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:59:25 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa: add locking to tas codec

Looks like I completely forgot to do this. This patch adds locking to
the tas codec so two userspace programs can't hit the controls at the
same time. Tested on my powerbook, but I obviously can't find any
problems even without it since it doesn't do SMP.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix suspend/resume with MSI
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:30:03 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix suspend/resume with MSI

Fixed suspend/resume with MSI enablement.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ak4xxx - Remove bogus IPGA controls
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:27:38 +0000]
[ALSA] ak4xxx - Remove bogus IPGA controls

Remove IPGA volume controls and merge the IPGA range to ADC volume
controls.  These two volumes are not really independent but connected
simply in different ranges 0-0x7f and 0x80-max.  It doesn't make sense
to provide two controls.
Since both 0x7f and 0x80 specify 0dB, a hack is needed for IPGA range
to skip 0x80 (increment one) for such controls.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix WM9705 AC97 patch build error
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:07:46 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix WM9705 AC97 patch build error

This patch fixes a build error (introduced by me) in ac97_patch.c wrt
WM9705 touchscreen.
 o Removed spurious '3D' from character after |= operation (0x3D is
ASCII for '=')

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix SPDIF device number of ALC codecs
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:52:14 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix SPDIF device number of ALC codecs

Assign the SPDIF always to the secondary device (dev#1) to keep
the same configuration.  Move the optional capture device to the
third device (dev#2).
hda_intel now just ignores the NULL entries in the pcm arrays
from codecs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix pci_disable_msi() call
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:40:00 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix pci_disable_msi() call

Fix the order to call pci_disable_msi() to be after free_irq().
(Otherwise pci_disable_msi() bugs you.)
Also, added a description of disable_msi option to documentation.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for LG LW25 laptop
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:03:11 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for LG LW25 laptop

Added the support for LG LW25 laptop with ALC880 codec.
It's the same codec model as LG LW20 (model=lg-lw).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add pcm_class attribute to PCM sysfs entry
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:27:46 +0000]
[ALSA] Add pcm_class attribute to PCM sysfs entry

This patch adds a new attribute, pcm_class, to each PCM sysfs entry.
It's useful to detect what kind of PCM stream is, for example, HAL
can check whether it's a modem or not.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add independent headphone volume control
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:03:14 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add independent headphone volume control

This patch addes the support of the independent 'Headphone' volume
control to the generic codec parser.  Some codecs (e.g. Conexant)
have separate connections to the headphone and the independent amp
adjustment is needed.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] [snd-intel-hda] enable center/LFE speaker on some laptops
Richard Fish [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:58:25 +0000]
[ALSA] [snd-intel-hda] enable center/LFE speaker on some laptops

This patch adds LFE mixer controls for laptops with a stac9200 and a mono
speaker pin with amplifier.

Signed-off-by: Richard Fish <bigfish@asmallpond.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add dB information to es1938 driver
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:35:27 +0000]
[ALSA] Add dB information to es1938 driver

Added the dB information to ESS Solo (es1938) driver.
The new compound dB range TLVs are used for non-linear native
volume controls.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>