13 years ago[XFRM]: unexport xfrm_state_mtu
Adrian Bunk [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:04:41 +0000]
[XFRM]: unexport xfrm_state_mtu

This patch removes the unused EXPORT_SYMBOL(xfrm_state_mtu).

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NET]: make skb_release_data() static
Adrian Bunk [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:02:35 +0000]
[NET]: make skb_release_data() static

skb_release_data() no longer has any users in other files.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTE] ipv4: Fix typo (Bugzilla #6753)
Matt LaPlante [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:51:15 +0000]
[NETFILTE] ipv4: Fix typo (Bugzilla #6753)

This patch fixes bugzilla #6753, a typo in the netfilter Kconfig

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[IrDA]: MCS7780 usb_driver struct should be static
Adrian Bunk [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:39:07 +0000]
[IrDA]: MCS7780 usb_driver struct should be static

This patch makes a needlessly global struct static.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Samuel Ortiz <samuel@sortiz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[BNX2]: Turn off link during shutdown
Michael Chan [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:38:15 +0000]
[BNX2]: Turn off link during shutdown

Minor change in shutdown logic to effect a link down.

Update version to 1.4.43.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[BNX2]: Use dev_kfree_skb() instead of the _irq version
Michael Chan [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:37:41 +0000]
[BNX2]: Use dev_kfree_skb() instead of the _irq version

Change all dev_kfree_skb_irq() and dev_kfree_skb_any() to
dev_kfree_skb().  These calls are never used in irq context.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[ATM]: basic sysfs support for ATM devices
Roman Kagan [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:36:34 +0000]
[ATM]: basic sysfs support for ATM devices

Signed-off-by: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[ATM]: [suni] change suni_init to __devinit
Chas Williams [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:35:49 +0000]
[ATM]: [suni] change suni_init to __devinit

Signed-off-by: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[ATM]: [iphase] should be __devinit not __init
Chas Williams [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:35:32 +0000]
[ATM]: [iphase] should be __devinit not __init

Signed-off-by: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[ATM]: [idt77105] should be __devinit not __init
Chas Williams [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:35:02 +0000]
[ATM]: [idt77105] should be __devinit not __init

Signed-off-by: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[BNX2]: Add NETIF_F_TSO_ECN
Michael Chan [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:31:21 +0000]
[BNX2]: Add NETIF_F_TSO_ECN

Add NETIF_F_TSO_ECN feature for all bnx2 hardware.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NET]: Add ECN support for TSO
Michael Chan [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:30:00 +0000]
[NET]: Add ECN support for TSO

In the current TSO implementation, NETIF_F_TSO and ECN cannot be
turned on together in a TCP connection.  The problem is that most
hardware that supports TSO does not handle CWR correctly if it is set
in the TSO packet.  Correct handling requires CWR to be set in the
first packet only if it is set in the TSO header.

This patch adds the ability to turn on NETIF_F_TSO and ECN using
GSO if necessary to handle TSO packets with CWR set.  Hardware
that handles CWR correctly can turn on NETIF_F_TSO_ECN in the dev->
features flag.

All TSO packets with CWR set will have the SKB_GSO_TCPV4_ECN set.  If
the output device does not have the NETIF_F_TSO_ECN feature set, GSO
will split the packet up correctly with CWR only set in the first
segment.

With help from Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>.

Since ECN can always be enabled with TSO, the SOCK_NO_LARGESEND sock
flag is completely removed.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[AF_UNIX]: Datagram getpeersec
Catherine Zhang [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:27:47 +0000]
[AF_UNIX]: Datagram getpeersec

This patch implements an API whereby an application can determine the
label of its peer's Unix datagram sockets via the auxiliary data mechanism of
recvmsg.

Patch purpose:

This patch enables a security-aware application to retrieve the
security context of the peer of a Unix datagram socket.  The application
can then use this security context to determine the security context for
processing on behalf of the peer who sent the packet.

Patch design and implementation:

The design and implementation is very similar to the UDP case for INET
sockets.  Basically we build upon the existing Unix domain socket API for
retrieving user credentials.  Linux offers the API for obtaining user
credentials via ancillary messages (i.e., out of band/control messages
that are bundled together with a normal message).  To retrieve the security
context, the application first indicates to the kernel such desire by
setting the SO_PASSSEC option via getsockopt.  Then the application
retrieves the security context using the auxiliary data mechanism.

An example server application for Unix datagram socket should look like this:

toggle = 1;
toggle_len = sizeof(toggle);

setsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_PASSSEC, &toggle, &toggle_len);
recvmsg(sockfd, &msg_hdr, 0);
if (msg_hdr.msg_controllen > sizeof(struct cmsghdr)) {
    cmsg_hdr = CMSG_FIRSTHDR(&msg_hdr);
    if (cmsg_hdr->cmsg_len <= CMSG_LEN(sizeof(scontext)) &&
        cmsg_hdr->cmsg_level == SOL_SOCKET &&
        cmsg_hdr->cmsg_type == SCM_SECURITY) {
        memcpy(&scontext, CMSG_DATA(cmsg_hdr), sizeof(scontext));
    }
}

sock_setsockopt is enhanced with a new socket option SOCK_PASSSEC to allow
a server socket to receive security context of the peer.

Testing:

We have tested the patch by setting up Unix datagram client and server
applications.  We verified that the server can retrieve the security context
using the auxiliary data mechanism of recvmsg.

Signed-off-by: Catherine Zhang <cxzhang@watson.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Acked-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NET]: Fix logical error in skb_gso_ok
Herbert Xu [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:25:53 +0000]
[NET]: Fix logical error in skb_gso_ok

The test in skb_gso_ok is backwards.  Noticed by Michael Chan
<mchan@broadcom.com>.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Acked-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[PKT_SCHED]: PSCHED_TADD() and PSCHED_TADD2() can result,tv_usec >= 1000000
Shuya MAEDA [Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:40:35 +0000]
[PKT_SCHED]: PSCHED_TADD() and PSCHED_TADD2() can result,tv_usec >= 1000000

Signed-off-by: Shuya MAEDA <maeda-sxb@necst.nec.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NET]: Make illegal_highdma more anal
Herbert Xu [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:33:10 +0000]
[NET]: Make illegal_highdma more anal

Rather than having illegal_highdma as a macro when HIGHMEM is off, we
can turn it into an inline function that returns zero.  This will catch
callers that give it bad arguments.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[TCP]: Export accept queue len of a TCP listening socket via rx_queue
Sridhar Samudrala [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:00 +0000]
[TCP]: Export accept queue len of a TCP listening socket via rx_queue

While debugging a TCP server hang issue, we noticed that currently there is
no way for a user to get the acceptq backlog value for a TCP listen socket.

All the standard networking utilities that display socket info like netstat,
ss and /proc/net/tcp have 2 fields called rx_queue and tx_queue. These
fields do not mean much for listening sockets. This patch uses one of these
unused fields(rx_queue) to export the accept queue len for listening sockets.

Signed-off-by: Sridhar Samudrala <sri@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETLINK]: Encapsulate eff_cap usage within security framework.
Darrel Goeddel [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:26:11 +0000]
[NETLINK]: Encapsulate eff_cap usage within security framework.

This patch encapsulates the usage of eff_cap (in netlink_skb_params) within
the security framework by extending security_netlink_recv to include a required
capability parameter and converting all direct usage of eff_caps outside
of the lsm modules to use the interface.  It also updates the SELinux
implementation of the security_netlink_send and security_netlink_recv
hooks to take advantage of the sid in the netlink_skb_params struct.
This also enables SELinux to perform auditing of netlink capability checks.
Please apply, for 2.6.18 if possible.

Signed-off-by: Darrel Goeddel <dgoeddel@trustedcs.com>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Smalley <sds@tycho.nsa.gov>
Acked-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NET]: Added GSO header verification
Herbert Xu [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:22:38 +0000]
[NET]: Added GSO header verification

When GSO packets come from an untrusted source (e.g., a Xen guest domain),
we need to verify the header integrity before passing it to the hardware.

Since the first step in GSO is to verify the header, we can reuse that
code by adding a new bit to gso_type: SKB_GSO_DODGY.  Packets with this
bit set can only be fed directly to devices with the corresponding bit
NETIF_F_GSO_ROBUST.  If the device doesn't have that bit, then the skb
is fed to the GSO engine which will allow the packet to be sent to the
hardware if it passes the header check.

This patch changes the sg flag to a full features flag.  The same method
can be used to implement TSO ECN support.  We simply have to mark packets
with CWR set with SKB_GSO_ECN so that only hardware with a corresponding
NETIF_F_TSO_ECN can accept them.  The GSO engine can either fully segment
the packet, or segment the first MTU and pass the rest to the hardware for
further segmentation.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: statistic match: add missing Kconfig help text
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:02:14 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: statistic match: add missing Kconfig help text

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: ip_queue/nfnetlink_queue: drop bridge port references when dev disappears
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:01:48 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: ip_queue/nfnetlink_queue: drop bridge port references when dev disappears

When a device that is acting as a bridge port is unregistered, the
ip_queue/nfnetlink_queue notifier doesn't check if its one of
physindev/physoutdev and doesn't release the references if it is.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: xt_sctp: fix --chunk-types matching
Jorge Matias [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:01:25 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: xt_sctp: fix --chunk-types matching

xt_sctp uses an incorrect header offset when --chunk-types is used.

Signed-off-by: Jorge Matias <jorge.matias@motorola.com>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: xt_tcpudp: fix double unregistration in error path
Yuri Gushin [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:01:03 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: xt_tcpudp: fix double unregistration in error path

"xt_unregister_match(AF_INET, &tcp_matchstruct)" is called twice,
leaving "udp_matchstruct" registered, in case of a failure in the
registration of the udp6 structure.

Signed-off-by: Yuri Gushin <yuri@ecl-labs.org>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: Fix undefined references to local_bh_*
Yasuyuki Kozakai [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:00:35 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: Fix undefined references to local_bh_*

CC net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_sctp.o
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_sctp.c: In function `sctp_print_conntrack':
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_sctp.c:206: warning: implicit declaration of function `local_bh_disable'
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_sctp.c:208: warning: implicit declaration of function `local_bh_enable'
CC net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.o
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c: In function `ctnetlink_dump_table':
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c:429: warning: implicit declaration of function `local_bh_disable'
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c:452: warning: implicit declaration of function `local_bh_enable'

Spotted by Toralf Förster

Signed-off-by: Yasuyuki Kozakai <yasuyuki.kozakai@toshiba.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[NETFILTER]: x_tables: fix xt_register_table error propagation
Patrick McHardy [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:00:09 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: x_tables: fix xt_register_table error propagation

When xt_register_table fails the error is not properly propagated back.
Based on patch by Lepton Wu <ytht.net@gmail.com>.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

13 years ago[PATCH] usb gadget: fixup pxa2xx_udc to include asm/arch/udc.h again
Milan Svoboda [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:40:00 +0000]
[PATCH] usb gadget: fixup pxa2xx_udc to include asm/arch/udc.h again

This fixes pxa2xx_udc.c to include asm/arch/udc.h again to fix current
build breakage.

Signed-off-by: Milan Svoboda <msvoboda@ra.rockwell.com>
[ forwarded by David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> ]
[ fixed to apply properly by Linus ]
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/devfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:19:21 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/devfs-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/devfs-2.6: (22 commits)
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove it from the feature_removal.txt file
  [PATCH] devfs: Last little devfs cleanups throughout the kernel tree.
  [PATCH] devfs: Rename TTY_DRIVER_NO_DEVFS to TTY_DRIVER_DYNAMIC_DEV
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the tty_driver devfs_name field as it's no longer needed
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the line_driver devfs_name field as it's no longer needed
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the videodevice devfs_name field as it's no longer needed
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the gendisk devfs_name field as it's no longer needed
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the miscdevice devfs_name field as it's no longer needed
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove the devfs_fs_kernel.h file from the tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_remove() function from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_mk_cdev() function from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_mk_bdev() function from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_mk_symlink() function from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_mk_dir() function from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs_*_tape() functions from the kernel tree
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs support from the sound subsystem
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs support from the ide subsystem.
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs support from the serial subsystem
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs from the init code
  [PATCH] devfs: Remove devfs from the partition code
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:49:29 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart:
  [AGPGART] Make AGP depend on PCI
  [AGPGART] remove unused variable
  [AGPGART] Fix pci_register_driver checking in amd64-agp
  [AGPGART] Compile fix for ati-agp
  [AGPGART] Suspend/Resume support for nVidia nForce AGP.
  [AGPGART] Suspend/Resume improvements for ATI AGP
  [AGPGART] Whitespace cleanups for ati-agp

13 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:44:45 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/upstream-linus

* 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus: (33 commits)
  [MIPS] Add missing backslashes to macro definitions.
  [MIPS] Death list of board support to be removed after 2.6.18.
  [MIPS] Remove BSD and Sys V compat data types.
  [MIPS] ioc3.h: Uses u8, so include <linux/types.h>.
  [MIPS] 74K: Assume it will also have an AR bit in config7
  [MIPS] Treat CPUs with AR bit as physically indexed.
  [MIPS] Oprofile: Support VSMP on 34K.
  [MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 S-cache fix and cleanup
  [MIPS] excite: PCI makefile needs to use += if it wants a chance to work.
  [MIPS] excite: plat_setup -> plat_mem_setup.
  [MIPS] au1xxx: export dbdma functions
  [MIPS] au1xxx: dbdma, no sleeping under spin_lock
  [MIPS] au1xxx: fix PSC_SMBTXRX_RSR.
  [MIPS] Early printk for IP27.
  [MIPS] Fix handling of 0 length I & D caches.
  [MIPS] Typo fixes.
  [MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 secondary cache management
  [MIPS] Fix FIXADDR_TOP for TX39/TX49.
  [MIPS] Remove first timer interrupt setup in wrppmc_timer_setup()
  [MIPS] Fix configuration of R2 CPU features and multithreading.
  ...

13 years ago[MIPS] Add missing backslashes to macro definitions.
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:06:53 +0000]
[MIPS] Add missing backslashes to macro definitions.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Death list of board support to be removed after 2.6.18.
Ralf Baechle [Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:28:27 +0000]
[MIPS] Death list of board support to be removed after 2.6.18.

As usual fixes would be prefered.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Remove BSD and Sys V compat data types.
Ralf Baechle [Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:24:12 +0000]
[MIPS] Remove BSD and Sys V compat data types.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] ioc3.h: Uses u8, so include <linux/types.h>.
Ralf Baechle [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:34:35 +0000]
[MIPS] ioc3.h: Uses u8, so include <linux/types.h>.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] 74K: Assume it will also have an AR bit in config7
Ralf Baechle [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:48:21 +0000]
[MIPS] 74K: Assume it will also have an AR bit in config7

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Treat CPUs with AR bit as physically indexed.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:56:25 +0000]
[MIPS] Treat CPUs with AR bit as physically indexed.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Oprofile: Support VSMP on 34K.
Ralf Baechle [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:39:00 +0000]
[MIPS] Oprofile: Support VSMP on 34K.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 S-cache fix and cleanup
Atsushi Nemoto [Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:42:43 +0000]
[MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 S-cache fix and cleanup

Use blast_scache_range, blast_inv_scache_range for mips32/mips64 scache
routine.  Also initialize waybit for MIPS32/MIPS64 S-cache.

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] excite: PCI makefile needs to use += if it wants a chance to work.
Ralf Baechle [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:02:03 +0000]
[MIPS] excite: PCI makefile needs to use += if it wants a chance to work.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] excite: plat_setup -> plat_mem_setup.
Ralf Baechle [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:00:38 +0000]
[MIPS] excite: plat_setup -> plat_mem_setup.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] au1xxx: export dbdma functions
Domen Puncer [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:00:21 +0000]
[MIPS] au1xxx: export dbdma functions

These are needed for au1550_ac97 module.

Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen.puncer@ultra.si>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] au1xxx: dbdma, no sleeping under spin_lock
Domen Puncer [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:59:50 +0000]
[MIPS] au1xxx: dbdma, no sleeping under spin_lock

kmalloc under spin_lock can't sleep.

Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen.puncer@ultra.si>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] au1xxx: fix PSC_SMBTXRX_RSR.
Domen Puncer [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:58:31 +0000]
[MIPS] au1xxx: fix PSC_SMBTXRX_RSR.

Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen.puncer@ultra.si>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Early printk for IP27.
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:09:04 +0000]
[MIPS] Early printk for IP27.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix handling of 0 length I & D caches.
Chris Dearman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:06:52 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix handling of 0 length I & D caches.

Don't ask.

Signed-off-by: Chris Dearman <chris@mips.com>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Typo fixes.
Chris Dearman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:15:20 +0000]
[MIPS] Typo fixes.

Signed-off-by: Chris Dearman <chris@mips.com>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 secondary cache management
Chris Dearman [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:15:20 +0000]
[MIPS] MIPS32/MIPS64 secondary cache management

Signed-off-by: Chris Dearman <chris@mips.com>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix FIXADDR_TOP for TX39/TX49.
Atsushi Nemoto [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:59:11 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix FIXADDR_TOP for TX39/TX49.

FIXADDR_TOP is used for HIGHMEM and for upper limit of vmalloc area on
32bit kernel.  TX39XX and TX49XX have "reserved" segment in CKSEG3
area.  0xff000000-0xff3fffff on TX49XX and 0xff000000-0xfffeffff on
TX39XX are reserved (unmapped, uncached) therefore can not be used as
mapped area.

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Remove first timer interrupt setup in wrppmc_timer_setup()
Yoichi Yuasa [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:55:17 +0000]
[MIPS] Remove first timer interrupt setup in wrppmc_timer_setup()

The first timer interrupt setup already happens in time_init().

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix configuration of R2 CPU features and multithreading.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:24:46 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix configuration of R2 CPU features and multithreading.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix build error: don't offer SMP on systems that don't have SMP.
Ralf Baechle [Sun, 4 Jun 2006 10:51:46 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix build error: don't offer SMP on systems that don't have SMP.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Limit MIPS_MT to MIPS32R2 only.
Ralf Baechle [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:35:10 +0000]
[MIPS] Limit MIPS_MT to MIPS32R2 only.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Remove set_c0_status(ST0_IM) from wrppmc's irq.c.
Yoichi Yuasa [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:26:30 +0000]
[MIPS] Remove set_c0_status(ST0_IM) from wrppmc's irq.c.

mips_cpu_irq_init() does clear_c0_status(ST0_IM) first, so
set_c0_status(ST0_IM) isn't necessary.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Remove unused system type name for DDB5074 and DDB5476.
Yoichi Yuasa [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:17:18 +0000]
[MIPS] Remove unused system type name for DDB5074 and DDB5476.

This patch removes unused system type name.
DDB5074 and DDB5476 were already removed.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years agoelf-em.h: Define and explain both EM_MIPS_RS3_LE and EM_MIPS_RS4_BE.
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:10:50 +0000]
elf-em.h: Define and explain both EM_MIPS_RS3_LE and EM_MIPS_RS4_BE.

They have been obsoleted by the ELF header EI_CLASS and EI_DATA fields
in combination with e_flags.  Afaics EM_MIPS_RS3_LE and EM_MIPS_RS4_BE
never had any practical relevance.  Binutils will not produce such
binaries and the kernel will not accept them as MIPS binaries.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Removes unused functions for GT64120
Yoichi Yuasa [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:33:02 +0000]
[MIPS] Removes unused functions for GT64120

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix use of ehb instruction for non-R2 configurations.
Ralf Baechle [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 21:40:15 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix use of ehb instruction for non-R2 configurations.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Define ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU for all SMP systems.
Ralf Baechle [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 21:30:58 +0000]
[MIPS] Define ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU for all SMP systems.

Without SMTC on non-Malta will blow up.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Consistent formatting for Qemu makefile segment.
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:10:47 +0000]
[MIPS] Consistent formatting for Qemu makefile segment.

13 years ago[MIPS] Wire up tee(2).
Ralf Baechle [Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:16:19 +0000]
[MIPS] Wire up tee(2).

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years agoRemove au1x00_uart from feature-removal-schedule.txt.
Ralf Baechle [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:10:46 +0000]
Remove au1x00_uart from feature-removal-schedule.txt.

The driver has been removed a while ago already.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Only register RAM as resources if UNCAC_BASE != IO_BASE.
Ralf Baechle [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:47:53 +0000]
[MIPS] Only register RAM as resources if UNCAC_BASE != IO_BASE.

This fixes a resource collision of RAM and I/O memory on systems that
use the physical address space multiple times.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years ago[MIPS] Fix the build error of Wind River PPMC board, rewrite irq code to C
Mark.Zhan [Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:15:02 +0000]
[MIPS] Fix the build error of Wind River PPMC board, rewrite irq code to C

 o Fix the build error Wind River PPMC board caused by the change of
   plat_setup hook interface.
 o Rewrite first level interrupt dispatch code to C.

Signed-off-by: Rongkai.Zhan <rongkai.zhan@windriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>

13 years agoMerge ../linus
Dave Jones [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:01:54 +0000]
Merge ../linus

Conflicts:

drivers/char/agp/Kconfig

13 years ago[PATCH] KConfig: Spellchecking 'similarity' and 'independent'
Matt LaPlante [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:32:47 +0000]
[PATCH] KConfig: Spellchecking 'similarity' and 'independent'

Several KConfig files had 'similarity' and 'independent' spelled incorrectly...

Acked-by: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] i4l:add some checks for valid drvid and driver pointer
Karsten Keil [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:16:29 +0000]
[PATCH] i4l:add some checks for valid drvid and driver pointer

If all drivers go away before all ISDN network interfaces are closed we got
a OOps on removing interfaces, this patch avoid it.

Signed-off-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] i4l make PCMCIA for all cards working with shared IRQ
Karsten Keil [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:14:51 +0000]
[PATCH] i4l make PCMCIA for all cards working with shared IRQ

most current laptops do not work without allowing shared cardbus IRQs.
This patch enables IRQ sharing, so these cards work again.
This was tested with shared and none shared cardbus IRQs on different laptops
without problems.

Signed-off-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:53:31 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa:
  [ALSA] echoaudio - Remove kfree_nocheck()
  [ALSA] echoaudio - Fix Makefile
  [ALSA] Add Intel D965 board support
  [ALSA] Fix/add support of Realtek ALC883 / ALC888 and ALC861 codecs
  [ALSA] Fix a typo in echoaudio/midi.c
  [ALSA] snd-aoa: enable dual-edge in GPIOs
  [ALSA] snd-aoa: support iMac G5 iSight
  [ALSA] snd-aoa: not experimental
  [ALSA] Add echoaudio sound drivers
  [ALSA] ak4xxx-adda - Code clean-up
  [ALSA] Remove CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL from intel8x0m driver
  [ALSA] Stereo controls for M-Audio Revolution cards
  [ALSA] Fix misuse of __list_add() in seq_ports.c
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Add model entry for Samsung X60 Chane
  [ALSA] make CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS non-experimental
  [ALSA] Fix wrong dependencies of snd-aoa driver
  [ALSA] fix build failure due to snd-aoa
  [ALSA] AD1888 mixer controls for DC mode
  [ALSA] Suppress irq handler mismatch messages in ALSA ISA drivers
  [ALSA] usb-audio support for Turtle Beach Roadie

13 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:32:34 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc: (43 commits)
  [POWERPC] Use little-endian bit from firmware ibm,pa-features property
  [POWERPC] Make sure smp_processor_id works very early in boot
  [POWERPC] U4 DART improvements
  [POWERPC] todc: add support for Time-Of-Day-Clock
  [POWERPC] Make lparcfg.c work when both iseries and pseries are selected
  [POWERPC] Fix idr locking in init_new_context
  [POWERPC] mpc7448hpc2 (taiga) board config file
  [POWERPC] Add tsi108 pci and platform device data register function
  [POWERPC] Add general support for mpc7448hpc2 (Taiga) platform
  [POWERPC] Correct the MAX_CONTEXT definition
  powerpc: minor cleanups for mpc86xx
  [POWERPC] Make sure we select CONFIG_NEW_LEDS if ADB_PMU_LED is set
  [POWERPC] Simplify the code defining the 64-bit CPU features
  [POWERPC] powerpc: kconfig warning fix
  [POWERPC] Consolidate some of kernel/misc*.S
  [POWERPC] Remove unused function call_with_mmu_off
  [POWERPC] update asm-powerpc/time.h
  [POWERPC] Clean up it_lp_queue.h
  [POWERPC] Skip the "copy down" of the kernel if it is already at zero.
  [POWERPC] Add the use of the firmware soft-reset-nmi to kdump.
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:30:45 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kyle/parisc-2.6: (23 commits)
  [PARISC] Move os_id_to_string() inside #ifndef __ASSEMBLY__
  [PARISC] Fix do_gettimeofday() hang
  [PARISC] Fix PCREL22F relocation problem for most modules
  [PARISC] Refactor show_regs in traps.c
  [PARISC] Add os_id_to_string helper
  [PARISC] OS_ID_LINUX == 0x0006
  [PARISC] Ensure Space ID hashing is turned off
  [PARISC] Match show_cache_info with reality
  [PARISC] Remove unused macro fixup_branch in syscall.S
  [PARISC] Add is_compat_task() helper
  [PARISC] Update Thibaut Varene's CREDITS entry
  [PARISC] Reduce data footprint in pdc_stable.c
  [PARISC] pdc_stable version 0.30
  [PARISC] Work around machines which do not support chassis warnings
  [PARISC] PDC_CHASSIS is implemented on all machines
  [PARISC] Remove unconditional #define PIC in syscall macros
  [PARISC] Use MFIA in current_text_addr on pa2.0 processors
  [PARISC] Remove dead function pc_in_user_space
  [PARISC] Test ioc_needs_fdc variable instead of open coding
  [PARISC] Fix gcc 4.1 warnings in sba_iommu.c
  ...

13 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:01:17 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/linux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6: (28 commits)
  [S390] rework of channel measurement facility.
  [S390] appldata enhancements.
  [S390] Add vmpanic parameter.
  [S390] add PAV support to the dasd driver.
  [S390] remove export of sys_call_table
  [S390] remove unused macros from binfmt_elf32.c
  [S390] fix duplicate export of overflow{ug}id
  [S390] cio chpid offline.
  [S390] avenrun export in appdata_base.c
  Convert s390_collect_crw_info() in s390mach.c from being started
  [S390] dasd eer data format.
  [S390] preempt_count initialization.
  [S390] head.S code moving.
  [S390] dasd whitespace and other cosmetics.
  [S390] virtual cpu accounting vs. machine checks.
  [S390] add __cpuinit to appldata cpu hotplug notifier.
  [S390] dasd_eckd_dump_sense bug.
  [S390] missing check in dasd_eer_open.
  [S390] modular 3270 driver.
  [S390] console_unblank woes.
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:49:17 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6:
  [PATCH] i386: export memory more than 4G through /proc/iomem
  [PATCH] 64bit Resource: finally enable 64bit resource sizes
  [PATCH] 64bit Resource: convert a few remaining drivers to use resource_size_t where needed
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: change pnp core to use resource_size_t
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: change pci core and arch code to use resource_size_t
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: change resource core to use resource_size_t
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: introduce resource_size_t for the start and end of struct resource
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in misc drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in arch and core code
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in pcmcia drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in video drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in ide drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in mtd drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in pci core and hotplug drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in networks drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: fix up printks for resources in sound drivers
  [PATCH] 64bit resource: C99 changes for struct resource declarations

Fixed up trivial conflict in drivers/ide/pci/cmd64x.c (the printk that
was changed by the 64-bit resources had been deleted in the meantime ;)

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add chip->eoi(), fastack -> fasteoi
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:25:03 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add chip->eoi(), fastack -> fasteoi

Clean up the fastack concept by turning it into fasteoi and introducing the
->eoi() method for chips.

This also allows the cleanup of an i386 EOI quirk - now the quirk is
cleanly separated from the pure ACK implementation.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: irq: document what an IRQ is
Eric W. Biederman [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:25:02 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: irq: document what an IRQ is

Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Rajesh Shah <rajesh.shah@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de>
Cc: "Protasevich, Natalie" <Natalie.Protasevich@UNISYS.com>
Cc: "Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: fasteoi handler: handle interrupt disabling
Benjamin Herrenschmidt [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:25:01 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: fasteoi handler: handle interrupt disabling

Note when a disable interrupt happened with the fasteoi handler as well so
that delayed disable can be implemented with fasteoi-type controllers.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_TYPE_SENSE_MASK
Benjamin Herrenschmidt [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:25:00 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_TYPE_SENSE_MASK

Add a #define for the mask of the part of IRQ_TYPE that represents the
trigger type.  I use that in my in-progress work as I've standardized the
way the irq description in the firmware device-tree get translated to linux
useable things by using those constants.  Having this mask to isolate the
"trigger type" part of the flags is useful in a few places.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: more verbose debugging on unexpected IRQ vectors
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:58 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: more verbose debugging on unexpected IRQ vectors

One frequent sign of IRQ handling bugs is the appearance of unexpected
vectors.  Print out all the IRQ state in that case.  We dont want this patch
upstream, but it is useful during initial testing.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: no_irq_type -> no_irq_chip rename
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:57 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: no_irq_type -> no_irq_chip rename

Rename no_irq_type to no_irq_chip.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add SA_TRIGGER support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:56 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add SA_TRIGGER support

Enable drivers to request an IRQ with a given irq-flow (trigger/polarity)
setting.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add irq-wake (power-management) support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:55 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add irq-wake (power-management) support

Enable platforms to set the irq-wake (power-management) properties of an IRQ.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add handle_bad_irq()
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:54 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add handle_bad_irq()

Handle bad IRQ vectors via the irqchip mechanism.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add irq-chip support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:53 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add irq-chip support

Enable platforms to use the irq-chip and irq-flow abstractions: allow setting
of the chip, the type and provide highlevel handlers for common irq-flows.

[rostedt@goodmis.org: misroute-irq: Don't call desc->chip->end because of edge interrupts]
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq MSI fixes
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:52 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq MSI fixes

This is a fixed up and cleaned up replacement for genirq-msi-fixes.patch,
which should solve the i386 4KSTACKS problem.  I also added Ben's idea of
pushing the __do_IRQ() check into generic_handle_irq().

I booted this with MSI enabled, but i only have MSI devices, not MSI-X
devices.  I'd still expect MSI-X to work now.

irqchip migration helper: call __do_IRQ() if a descriptor is attached to an
irqtype-style controller.  This also fixes MSI-X IRQ handling on i386 and
x86_64.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: core
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:51 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: core

Core genirq support: add the irq-chip and irq-flow abstractions.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: update copyrights
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:50 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: update copyrights

Update/add copyrights in the generic IRQ code.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOAUTOEN support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:50 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOAUTOEN support

Enable platforms to disable the automatic enabling of freshly set up irqs.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOREQUEST support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:49 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOREQUEST support

Enable platforms to disable request_irq() for certain interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOPROBE support
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:49 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add IRQ_NOPROBE support

Introduce IRQ_NOPROBE: enables platforms to control chip-probing.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add genirq sw IRQ-retrigger
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:48 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add genirq sw IRQ-retrigger

Enable platforms that do not have a hardware-assisted hardirq-resend mechanism
to resend them via a softirq-driven IRQ emulation mechanism.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: doc: add design documentation
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:47 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: doc: add design documentation

Add docbook file - includes API documentation.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: no_irq_type cleanups
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:46 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: no_irq_type cleanups

Clean up no_irq_type: share the NOP functions where possible, and properly
name the ack_bad() function.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: doc: handle_IRQ_event() and __do_IRQ() comments
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:46 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: doc: handle_IRQ_event() and __do_IRQ() comments

Document handle_IRQ_event() and __do_IRQ().

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: doc: comment include/linux/irq.h structures
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:45 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: doc: comment include/linux/irq.h structures

Better document the hw_interrupt_type and irq_desc structures.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: add ->retrigger() irq op to consolidate hw_irq_resend()
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:44 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: add ->retrigger() irq op to consolidate hw_irq_resend()

Add ->retrigger() irq op to consolidate hw_irq_resend() implementations.
(Most architectures had it defined to NOP anyway.)

NOTE: ia64 needs testing. i386 and x86_64 tested.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: debug: better debug printout in enable_irq()
Thomas Gleixner [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:44 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: debug: better debug printout in enable_irq()

Make enable_irq() debug printouts user-readable.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: turn ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU into CONFIG_IRQ_PER_CPU
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:43 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: turn ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU into CONFIG_IRQ_PER_CPU

Cleanup: change ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU into a Kconfig method.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: merge pending_irq_cpumask[] into irq_desc[]
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:42 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: merge pending_irq_cpumask[] into irq_desc[]

Consolidation: remove the pending_irq_cpumask[NR_IRQS] array and move it into
the irq_desc[NR_IRQS].pending_mask field.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: merge irq_dir[], smp_affinity_entry[] into irq_desc[]
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:42 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: merge irq_dir[], smp_affinity_entry[] into irq_desc[]

Consolidation: remove the irq_dir[NR_IRQS] and the smp_affinity_entry[NR_IRQS]
arrays and move them into the irq_desc[] array.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: include/linux/irq.h
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:41 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: include/linux/irq.h

Small cleanups in include/linux/irq.h.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: reduce irq_desc_t use, mark it obsolete
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:40 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: reduce irq_desc_t use, mark it obsolete

Cleanup: remove irq_desc_t use from the generic IRQ code, and mark it
obsolete.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

13 years ago[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: misc code cleanups
Ingo Molnar [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:24:40 +0000]
[PATCH] genirq: cleanup: misc code cleanups

Assorted code cleanups to the generic IRQ code.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>