6 years agocross-arch: don't corrupt personality flags upon exec()
Jiri Kosina [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:20 +0000]
cross-arch: don't corrupt personality flags upon exec()

Historically, the top three bytes of personality have been used for
things such as ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE, which made sense only for specific
architectures.

We now however have a flag there that is general no matter the
architecture (UNAME26); generally we have to be careful to preserve the
personality flags across exec().

This patch tries to fix all architectures that forcefully overwrite
personality flags during exec() (ppc32 and s390 have been fixed recently
by commits f9783ec862ea ("[S390] Do not clobber personality flags on
exec") and 59e4c3a2fe9c ("powerpc/32: Don't clobber personality flags on
exec") in a similar way already).

Signed-off-by: Jiri Kosina <jkosina@suse.cz>
Cc: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@gmail.com>
Cc: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <egtvedt@samfundet.no>
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
Cc: Mark Salter <msalter@redhat.com>
Cc: Mikael Starvik <starvik@axis.com>
Cc: Jesper Nilsson <jesper.nilsson@axis.com>
Cc: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Cc: Yoshinori Sato <ysato@users.sourceforge.jp>
Cc: Richard Kuo <rkuo@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Hirokazu Takata <takata@linux-m32r.org>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu>
Cc: Koichi Yasutake <yasutake.koichi@jp.panasonic.com>
Cc: Jonas Bonn <jonas@southpole.se>
Cc: Chen Liqin <liqin.chen@sunplusct.com>
Cc: Lennox Wu <lennox.wu@gmail.com>
Cc: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoscore: select generic atomic64_t support
Fengguang Wu [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:18 +0000]
score: select generic atomic64_t support

It's required for the core fs/namespace.c and many other basic features.

Signed-off-by: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Acked-by: Lennox Wu <lennox.wu@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agofrv: kill used but uninitialized variable
Geert Uytterhoeven [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:16 +0000]
frv: kill used but uninitialized variable

Commit 6afe1a1fe8ff ("PM: Remove legacy PM") removed the initialization
of retval, causing:

  arch/frv/kernel/pm.c: In function 'sysctl_pm_do_suspend':
  arch/frv/kernel/pm.c:165:5: warning: 'retval' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]

Remove the variable completely to fix this, and convert to a proper
switch (...) { ... } construct to improve readability.

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix const sections for crc32 table
Joe Mario [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:15 +0000]
sections: fix const sections for crc32 table

Fix the const sections for the code generated by crc32 table.  There's
no ro version of the cacheline aligned section, so we cannot put in
const data without a conflict Just don't make the crc tables const for
now.

[ak@linux.intel.com: some fixes and new description]
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: checkpatch fixes]
Signed-off-by: Joe Mario <jmario@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in sound
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:13 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in sound

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in net
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:11 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in net

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in net/can
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:08 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in net/can

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Oliver Hartkopp <socketcan@hartkopp.net>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in mm/percpu.c
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:07 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in mm/percpu.c

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/video
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:05 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/video

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/scsi
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:03 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/scsi

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/platform/x86
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:12:01 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/platform/x86

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Matthew Garrett <mjg@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net/wan
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:59 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net/wan

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Krzysztof Halasa <khc@pm.waw.pl>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net/hamradio
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:58 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net/hamradio

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:55 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/net

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/mmc
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:54 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/mmc

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Chris Ball <cjb@laptop.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/mfd
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:52 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/mfd

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Samuel Ortiz <sameo@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/macintosh
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:50 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/macintosh

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: checkpatch fixes]
Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/ide
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:48 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/ide

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/char
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:47 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/char

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in drivers/atm
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:45 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/atm

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/x86
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:42 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/x86

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/sh
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:41 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/sh

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/score
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:39 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/score

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Chen Liqin <liqin.chen@sunplusct.com>
Cc: Lennox Wu <lennox.wu@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/powerpc
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:37 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/powerpc

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/mips
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:35 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/mips

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/ia64
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:34 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/ia64

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: "Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/h8300
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:32 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/h8300

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: checkpatch fixes]
Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Yoshinori Sato <ysato@users.sourceforge.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/frv
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:30 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/frv

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: fix section conflicts in arch/arm/
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:28 +0000]
sections: fix section conflicts in arch/arm/

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agosections: disable const sections for PA-RISC v2
Andi Kleen [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:27 +0000]
sections: disable const sections for PA-RISC v2

The PA-RISC tool chain seems to have some problem with correct
read/write attributes on sections.  This causes problems when the const
sections are fixed up for other architecture to only contain truly
read-only data.

Disable const sections for PA-RISC

This can cause a bit of noise with modpost.

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: "James E.J. Bottomley" <jejb@parisc-linux.org>
Cc: Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de>
Acked-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agodrivers/scsi/atp870u.c: fix bad use of udelay
Martin Michlmayr [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:25 +0000]
drivers/scsi/atp870u.c: fix bad use of udelay

The ACARD driver calls udelay() with a value > 2000, which leads to to
the following compilation error on ARM:

  ERROR: "__bad_udelay" [drivers/scsi/atp870u.ko] undefined!
  make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1

This is because udelay is defined on ARM, roughly speaking, as

#define udelay(n) ((n) > 2000 ? __bad_udelay() : \
__const_udelay((n) * ((2199023U*HZ)>>11)))

The argument to __const_udelay is the number of jiffies to wait divided
by 4, but this does not work unless the multiplication does not
overflow, and that is what the build error is designed to prevent.  The
intended behavior can be achieved by using mdelay to call udelay
multiple times in a loop.

[jrnieder@gmail.com: adding context]
Signed-off-by: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Cc: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agounicore32: select generic atomic64_t support
Fengguang Wu [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:23 +0000]
unicore32: select generic atomic64_t support

It's required for the core fs/namespace.c and many other basic features.

Signed-off-by: Guan Xuetao <gxt@mprc.pku.edu.cn>
Signed-off-by: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agokbuild: make: fix if_changed when command contains backslashes
Sascha Hauer [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:17 +0000]
kbuild: make: fix if_changed when command contains backslashes

The call if_changed mechanism does not work when the command contains
backslashes.  This basically is an issue with lzo and bzip2 compressed
kernels.  The compressed binaries do not contain the uncompressed image
size, so these use size_append to append the size.  This results in
backslashes in the executed command.  With this if_changed always
detects a change in the command and rebuilds the compressed image even
if nothing has changed.

Fix this by escaping backslashes in make-cmd

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Luebbe <jlu@pengutronix.de>
Cc: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: Bernhard Walle <bernhard@bwalle.de>
Cc: Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agodrivers/dma/dmaengine.c: lower the priority of 'failed to get' dma channel message
Fabio Estevam [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:16 +0000]
drivers/dma/dmaengine.c: lower the priority of 'failed to get' dma channel message

Do the same as commit a03a202e95fd ("dmaengine: failure to get a
specific DMA channel is not critical") to get rid of the following
messages during kernel boot:

  dmaengine_get: failed to get dma1chan0: (-22)
  dmaengine_get: failed to get dma1chan1: (-22)
  dmaengine_get: failed to get dma1chan2: (-22)
  dmaengine_get: failed to get dma1chan3: (-22)
  ..

Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@freescale.com>
Cc: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
Cc: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agomn10300: only add -mmem-funcs to KBUILD_CFLAGS if gcc supports it
Geert Uytterhoeven [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:13 +0000]
mn10300: only add -mmem-funcs to KBUILD_CFLAGS if gcc supports it

It seems the current (gcc 4.6.3) no longer provides this so make it
conditional.

As reported by Tony before, the mn10300 architecture cross-compiles with
gcc-4.6.3 if -mmem-funcs is not added to KBUILD_CFLAGS.

Reported-by: Tony Breeds <tony@bakeyournoodle.com>
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Cc: Koichi Yasutake <yasutake.koichi@jp.panasonic.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoaudit.h: replace defines with C stubs
Kees Cook [Fri, 5 Oct 2012 00:11:11 +0000]
audit.h: replace defines with C stubs

Replace the #defines used when CONFIG_AUDIT or CONFIG_AUDIT_SYSCALLS are
disabled so we get type checking during those builds.

Suggested-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoMerge tag 'kvm-3.7-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:30:33 +0000]
Merge tag 'kvm-3.7-1' of git://git./virt/kvm/kvm

Pull KVM updates from Avi Kivity:
 "Highlights of the changes for this release include support for vfio
  level triggered interrupts, improved big real mode support on older
  Intels, a streamlines guest page table walker, guest APIC speedups,
  PIO optimizations, better overcommit handling, and read-only memory."

* tag 'kvm-3.7-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm: (138 commits)
  KVM: s390: Fix vcpu_load handling in interrupt code
  KVM: x86: Fix guest debug across vcpu INIT reset
  KVM: Add resampling irqfds for level triggered interrupts
  KVM: optimize apic interrupt delivery
  KVM: MMU: Eliminate pointless temporary 'ac'
  KVM: MMU: Avoid access/dirty update loop if all is well
  KVM: MMU: Eliminate eperm temporary
  KVM: MMU: Optimize is_last_gpte()
  KVM: MMU: Simplify walk_addr_generic() loop
  KVM: MMU: Optimize pte permission checks
  KVM: MMU: Update accessed and dirty bits after guest pagetable walk
  KVM: MMU: Move gpte_access() out of paging_tmpl.h
  KVM: MMU: Optimize gpte_access() slightly
  KVM: MMU: Push clean gpte write protection out of gpte_access()
  KVM: clarify kvmclock documentation
  KVM: make processes waiting on vcpu mutex killable
  KVM: SVM: Make use of asm.h
  KVM: VMX: Make use of asm.h
  KVM: VMX: Make lto-friendly
  KVM: x86: lapic: Clean up find_highest_vector() and count_vectors()
  ...

Conflicts:
arch/s390/include/asm/processor.h
arch/x86/kvm/i8259.c

6 years agofirmware: use 'kernel_read()' to read firmware into kernel buffer
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:19:02 +0000]
firmware: use 'kernel_read()' to read firmware into kernel buffer

Fengguang correctly points out that the firmware reading should not use
vfs_read(), since the buffer is in kernel space.

The vfs_read() just happened to work for kernel threads, but sparse
warns about the incorrect address spaces, and it's definitely incorrect
and could fail for other users of the firmware loading.

Reported-by: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:14:01 +0000]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs

Pull ext3 & udf fixes from Jan Kara:
 "Shortlog pretty much says it all.

  The interesting bits are UDF support for direct IO and ext3 fix for a
  long standing oops in data=journal mode."

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs:
  jbd: Fix assertion failure in commit code due to lacking transaction credits
  UDF: Add support for O_DIRECT
  ext3: Replace 0 with NULL for pointer in super.c file
  udf: add writepages support for udf
  ext3: don't clear orphan list on ro mount with errors
  reiserfs: Make reiserfs_xattr_handlers static

6 years agoMerge tag 'remoteproc-for-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:11:57 +0000]
Merge tag 'remoteproc-for-3.7' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc

Pull remoteproc update from Ohad Ben-Cohen:

 - Remoteproc Recovery - by Fernando Guzman Lugo

   When a remote processor crash is detected, this mechanism will remove
   all virtio children devices, wait until their drivers let go, hard
   reset the remote processor and reload the firmware (resulting in the
   relevant virtio children devices re-added).  Essentially the entire
   software stack is reset, together with the relevant hardware, so
   users don't have to reset the entire phone.

 - STE Modem driver is added - by Sjur Brændeland

 - OMAP DSP boot address support is added - by Juan Gutierrez

 - A handful of fixes/cleanups - Sjur Brændeland, Dan Carpenter, Emil
   Goode

* tag 'remoteproc-for-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc:
  remoteproc: Fix use of format specifyer
  remoteproc: fix a potential NULL-dereference on cleanup
  remoteproc: select VIRTIO to avoid build breakage
  remoteproc: return -EFAULT on copy_from_user failure
  remoteproc: snprintf() can return more than was printed
  remoteproc: Add STE modem driver
  remtoteproc: maintain max notifyid
  remoteproc: create a 'recovery' debugfs entry
  remoteproc: add actual recovery implementation
  remoteproc: add rproc_report_crash function to notify rproc crashes
  remoteproc: Add dependency to HAS_DMA
  remoteproc/omap: set bootaddr support

6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:06:34 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6

Pull crypto update from Herbert Xu:
 - Optimised AES/SHA1 for ARM.
 - IPsec ESN support in talitos and caam.
 - x86_64/avx implementation of cast5/cast6.
 - Add/use multi-algorithm registration helpers where possible.
 - Added IBM Power7+ in-Nest support.
 - Misc fixes.

Fix up trivial conflicts in crypto/Kconfig due to the sparc64 crypto
config options being added next to the new ARM ones.

[ Side note: cut-and-paste duplicate help texts make those conflicts
  harder to read than necessary, thanks to git being smart about
  minimizing conflicts and maximizing the common parts... ]

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6: (71 commits)
  crypto: x86/glue_helper - fix storing of new IV in CBC encryption
  crypto: cast5/avx - fix storing of new IV in CBC encryption
  crypto: tcrypt - add missing tests for camellia and ghash
  crypto: testmgr - make test_aead also test 'dst != src' code paths
  crypto: testmgr - make test_skcipher also test 'dst != src' code paths
  crypto: testmgr - add test vectors for CTR mode IV increasement
  crypto: testmgr - add test vectors for partial ctr(cast5) and ctr(cast6)
  crypto: testmgr - allow non-multi page and multi page skcipher tests from same test template
  crypto: caam - increase TRNG clocks per sample
  crypto, tcrypt: remove local_bh_disable/enable() around local_irq_disable/enable()
  crypto: tegra-aes - fix error return code
  crypto: crypto4xx - fix error return code
  crypto: hifn_795x - fix error return code
  crypto: ux500 - fix error return code
  crypto: caam - fix error IDs for SEC v5.x RNG4
  hwrng: mxc-rnga - Access data via structure
  hwrng: mxc-rnga - Adapt clocks to new i.mx clock framework
  crypto: caam - add IPsec ESN support
  crypto: 842 - remove .cra_list initialization
  Revert "[CRYPTO] cast6: inline bloat--"
  ...

6 years agocrypto: x86/glue_helper - fix storing of new IV in CBC encryption
Jussi Kivilinna [Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:40:30 +0000]
crypto: x86/glue_helper - fix storing of new IV in CBC encryption

Glue_helper incorrectly XORs new IV over old IV at end of CBC encryption
function when it should store. This causes CBC encryption to give
incorrect output on multi-page encryption requests.

Signed-off-by: Jussi Kivilinna <jussi.kivilinna@mbnet.fi>
Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

6 years agoMerge branch 'drm-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 4 Oct 2012 06:29:23 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux

Pull drm merge (part 1) from Dave Airlie:
 "So first of all my tree and uapi stuff has a conflict mess, its my
  fault as the nouveau stuff didn't hit -next as were trying to rebase
  regressions out of it before we merged.

  Highlights:
   - SH mobile modesetting driver and associated helpers
   - some DRM core documentation
   - i915 modesetting rework, haswell hdmi, haswell and vlv fixes, write
     combined pte writing, ilk rc6 support,
   - nouveau: major driver rework into a hw core driver, makes features
     like SLI a lot saner to implement,
   - psb: add eDP/DP support for Cedarview
   - radeon: 2 layer page tables, async VM pte updates, better PLL
     selection for > 2 screens, better ACPI interactions

  The rest is general grab bag of fixes.

  So why part 1? well I have the exynos pull req which came in a bit
  late but was waiting for me to do something they shouldn't have and it
  looks fairly safe, and David Howells has some more header cleanups
  he'd like me to pull, that seem like a good idea, but I'd like to get
  this merge out of the way so -next dosen't get blocked."

Tons of conflicts mostly due to silly include line changes, but mostly
mindless.  A few other small semantic conflicts too, noted from Dave's
pre-merged branch.

* 'drm-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux: (447 commits)
  drm/nv98/crypt: fix fuc build with latest envyas
  drm/nouveau/devinit: fixup various issues with subdev ctor/init ordering
  drm/nv41/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
  drm/nv44/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
  drm/nv04/dmaobj: fixup vm target handling in preparation for nv4x pcie
  drm/nouveau: store supported dma mask in vmmgr
  drm/nvc0/ibus: initial implementation of subdev
  drm/nouveau/therm: add support for fan-control modes
  drm/nouveau/hwmon: rename pwm0* to pmw1* to follow hwmon's rules
  drm/nouveau/therm: calculate the pwm divisor on nv50+
  drm/nouveau/fan: rewrite the fan tachometer driver to get more precision, faster
  drm/nouveau/therm: move thermal-related functions to the therm subdev
  drm/nouveau/bios: parse the pwm divisor from the perf table
  drm/nouveau/therm: use the EXTDEV table to detect i2c monitoring devices
  drm/nouveau/therm: rework thermal table parsing
  drm/nouveau/gpio: expose the PWM/TOGGLE parameter found in the gpio vbios table
  drm/nouveau: fix pm initialization order
  drm/nouveau/bios: check that fixed tvdac gpio data is valid before using it
  drm/nouveau: log channel debug/error messages from client object rather than drm client
  drm/nouveau: have drm debugging macros build on top of core macros
  ...

6 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:09:09 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull user namespace compile fix from Eric W Biederman:
 "This tree contains a trivial build fix for one of the staging drivers
  when user namespace support is enabled"

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  userns: Fix build of drivers/staging/dgrp

6 years agofirmware: teach the kernel to load firmware files directly from the filesystem
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 22:58:32 +0000]
firmware: teach the kernel to load firmware files directly from the filesystem

This is a first step in allowing people to by-pass udev for loading
device firmware.  Current versions of udev will deadlock (causing us to
block for the 30 second timeout) under some circumstances if the
firmware is loaded as part of the module initialization path, and this
is causing problems for media drivers in particular.

The current patch hardcodes the firmware path that udev uses by default,
and will fall back to the legacy udev mode if the firmware cannot be
found there.  We'd like to add support for both configuring the paths
and the fallback behaviour, but in the meantime this hopefully fixes the
immediate problem, while also giving us a way forward.

[ v2: Some VFS layer interface cleanups suggested by Al Viro ]
[ v3: use the default udev paths suggested by Kay Sievers ]

Suggested-by: Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Acked-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>
Cc: Kay Sievers <kay@redhat.com>
Cc: Ming Lei <ming.lei@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoMerge tag 'firewire-updates' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee139...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:55:12 +0000]
Merge tag 'firewire-updates' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394

Pull firewire updates from Stefan Richter:
  - feed GUIDs of FireWire nodes to the random pool
  - more complete quirk handling of a TI S400B phy
  - avoid holding a core lock while calling into highlevel drivers

* tag 'firewire-updates' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394:
  firewire: addendum to address handler RCU conversion
  firewire: remove global lock around address handlers, convert to RCU
  firewire: ohci: get IR bit from TSB41BA3D phy
  firewire: core: feed /dev/random with devices' GUIDs

6 years agoMerge tag 'uapi-prep-20121002' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:45:43 +0000]
Merge tag 'uapi-prep-20121002' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull preparatory patches for user API disintegration from David Howells:
 "The patches herein prepare for the extraction of the Userspace API
  bits from the various header files named in the Kbuild files.

  New subdirectories are created under either include/uapi/ or
  arch/x/include/uapi/ that correspond to the subdirectory containing
  that file under include/ or arch/x/include/.

  The new subdirs under the uapi/ directory are populated with Kbuild
  files that mostly do nothing at this time.  Further patches will
  disintegrate the headers in each original directory and fill in the
  Kbuild files as they do it.

  These patches also:

   (1) fix up #inclusions of "foo.h" rather than <foo.h>.

   (2) Remove some redundant #includes from the DRM code.

   (3) Make the kernel build infrastructure handle Kbuild files both in
       the old places and the new UAPI place that both specify headers
       to be exported.

   (4) Fix some kernel tools that #include kernel headers during their
       build.

  I have compile tested this with allyesconfig against x86_64,
  allmodconfig against i386 and a scattering of additional defconfigs of
  other arches.  Prepared for main script

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Acked-by: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Acked-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>"

* tag 'uapi-prep-20121002' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: Plumb the UAPI Kbuilds into the user header installation and checking
  UAPI: x86: Differentiate the generated UAPI and internal headers
  UAPI: Remove the objhdr-y export list
  UAPI: Move linux/version.h
  UAPI: Set up uapi/asm/Kbuild.asm
  UAPI: x86: Fix insn_sanity build failure after UAPI split
  UAPI: x86: Fix the test_get_len tool
  UAPI: (Scripted) Set up UAPI Kbuild files
  UAPI: Partition the header include path sets and add uapi/ header directories
  UAPI: (Scripted) Convert #include "..." to #include <path/...> in kernel system headers
  UAPI: (Scripted) Convert #include "..." to #include <path/...> in drivers/gpu/
  UAPI: (Scripted) Remove redundant DRM UAPI header #inclusions from drivers/gpu/.
  UAPI: Refer to the DRM UAPI headers with <...> and from certain headers only

6 years agouserns: Fix build of drivers/staging/dgrp
Eric W. Biederman [Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:37:37 +0000]
userns: Fix build of drivers/staging/dgrp

Explicitly test for GLOBAL_ROOT_UID and GLOBAL_ROOT_GID
instead of using 0, allowing dgrp to compile and work
properly when user namespace support is enabled.

Cc: Bill Pemberton <wfp5p@virginia.edu>
Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>

6 years agoMerge tag 'dt-for-3.7' of git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 16:44:08 +0000]
Merge tag 'dt-for-3.7' of git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux

Pull devicetree updates from Rob Herring:
 - Import of latest upstream device tree compiler (dtc)
 - New function of_get_child_by_name
 - Support for #size-cells of 0 and #addr-cells of >2
 - Couple of DT binding documentation updates

Fix up trivial conflicts due to of_get_child_by_name() having been added
next to the new of_get_next_available_child().

* tag 'dt-for-3.7' of git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux:
  MAINTAINERS: add scripts/dtc under Devicetree maintainers
  dtc: import latest upstream dtc
  dt: Document general interrupt controller bindings
  dt/s3c64xx/spi: Use of_get_child_by_name to get a named child
  dt: introduce of_get_child_by_name to get child node by name
  of: i2c: add support for wakeup-source property
  of/address: Handle #address-cells > 2 specially
  DT: export of_irq_to_resource_table()
  devicetree: serial: Add documentation for imx serial
  devicetree: pwm: mxs-pwm.txt: Fix reg field annotation
  of: Allow busses with #size-cells=0

6 years agoMerge tag 'jfs-3.7' of git://github.com/kleikamp/linux-shaggy
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 15:48:21 +0000]
Merge tag 'jfs-3.7' of git://github.com/kleikamp/linux-shaggy

Pull JFS update from Dave Kleikamp:
 "JFS TRIM support and some minor fixes"

* tag 'jfs-3.7' of git://github.com/kleikamp/linux-shaggy:
  jfs: Fix do_div precision in commit b40c2e66
  JFS: use list_move instead of list_del/list_add
  jfs: Remove obsolete email address
  fs/jfs: TRIM support for JFS Filesystem

6 years agoMAINTAINERS: Add EFI maintainer entry
Matt Fleming [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:04:02 +0000]
MAINTAINERS: Add EFI maintainer entry

We're starting to need a channel through which we can funnel EFI
patches to make sure they get merged in a timely fashion. Matthew and
Peter seem happy enough for me to take that bullet.

Signed-off-by: Matt Fleming <matt.fleming@intel.com>
Acked-by: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Cc: Matthew Garrett <mjg@redhat.com>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Cc: Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

6 years agoMerge tag 'cris-for-linus-3.7' of git://jni.nu/cris
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:36:36 +0000]
Merge tag 'cris-for-linus-3.7' of git://jni.nu/cris

Pull CRIS changes from Jesper Nilsson:
 "Removal of some unused code from the CRIS port"

* tag 'cris-for-linus-3.7' of git://jni.nu/cris:
  CRIS: Remove VCS simulator specific code
  cris/PCI: remove pcibios_assign_resources()

6 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:33:17 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc

Pull sparc fixes from David Miller:
 "Some quick fixes after today's merge-window pull"

 1) Add missing dependency on Sparc DES driver, oops.  From Dave Jones.

 2) Tell GCC that prom_printf() is printf-like and fix the few
    resultiing warnings.  From Akinobu Mita.

 3) Niagara-2 memcpy doesn't provide it's return value correctly in some
    circumstances.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc:
  sparc: fix format string argument for prom_printf()
  crypto: Build SPARC DES algorithms on SPARC only.
  sparc64: Fix return value of Niagara-2 memcpy.

6 years agoCRIS: Remove VCS simulator specific code
Jesper Nilsson [Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:17:10 +0000]
CRIS: Remove VCS simulator specific code

The VCS simulator was a tool used in the development of the chip
and is no longer used or necessary.

Signed-off-by: Jesper Nilsson <jesper.nilsson@axis.com>

6 years agocris/PCI: remove pcibios_assign_resources()
Bjorn Helgaas [Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:12:02 +0000]
cris/PCI: remove pcibios_assign_resources()

There's no caller of pcibios_assign_resources() in the tree.  It is
exported, so an out-of-tree module *could* call it, but no other arch
exports pcibios_assign_resources(), so it would have to be a CRIS-specific
module.  I doubt such a caller exists.

CC: Mikael Starvik <starvik@axis.com>
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Jesper Nilsson <jesper.nilsson@axis.com>

6 years agoMerge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-x86-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 05:09:10 +0000]
Merge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-x86-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen

Pull Xen update from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "Features:
   - When hotplugging PCI devices in a PV guest we can allocate
     Xen-SWIOTLB later.
   - Cleanup Xen SWIOTLB.
   - Support pages out grants from HVM domains in the backends.
   - Support wild cards in xen-pciback.hide=(BDF) arguments.
   - Update grant status updates with upstream hypervisor.
   - Boot PV guests with more than 128GB.
   - Cleanup Xen MMU code/add comments.
   - Obtain XENVERS using a preferred method.
   - Lay out generic changes to support Xen ARM.
   - Allow privcmd ioctl for HVM (used to do only PV).
   - Do v2 of mmap_batch for privcmd ioctls.
   - If hypervisor saves the LED keyboard light - we will now instruct
     the kernel about its state.
  Fixes:
   - More fixes to Xen PCI backend for various calls/FLR/etc.
   - With more than 4GB in a 64-bit PV guest disable native SWIOTLB.
   - Fix up smatch warnings.
   - Fix up various return values in privmcmd and mm."

* tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-x86-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen: (48 commits)
  xen/pciback: Restore the PCI config space after an FLR.
  xen-pciback: properly clean up after calling pcistub_device_find()
  xen/vga: add the xen EFI video mode support
  xen/x86: retrieve keyboard shift status flags from hypervisor.
  xen/gndev: Xen backend support for paged out grant targets V4.
  xen-pciback: support wild cards in slot specifications
  xen/swiotlb: Fix compile warnings when using plain integer instead of NULL pointer.
  xen/swiotlb: Remove functions not needed anymore.
  xen/pcifront: Use Xen-SWIOTLB when initting if required.
  xen/swiotlb: For early initialization, return zero on success.
  xen/swiotlb: Use the swiotlb_late_init_with_tbl to init Xen-SWIOTLB late when PV PCI is used.
  xen/swiotlb: Move the error strings to its own function.
  xen/swiotlb: Move the nr_tbl determination in its own function.
  xen/arm: compile and run xenbus
  xen: resynchronise grant table status codes with upstream
  xen/privcmd: return -EFAULT on error
  xen/privcmd: Fix mmap batch ioctl error status copy back.
  xen/privcmd: add PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH_V2 ioctl
  xen/mm: return more precise error from xen_remap_domain_range()
  xen/mmu: If the revector fails, don't attempt to revector anything else.
  ...

6 years agoMerge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 05:08:14 +0000]
Merge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/mm

Pull frontswap update from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "Features:
   - Support exlusive get if backend is capable.
  Bug-fixes:
   - Fix compile warnings
   - Add comments/cleanup doc
   - Fix wrong if condition"

* tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/mm:
  frontswap: support exclusive gets if tmem backend is capable
  mm: frontswap: fix a wrong if condition in frontswap_shrink
  mm/frontswap: fix uninit'ed variable warning
  mm/frontswap: cleanup doc and comment error
  mm: frontswap: remove unneeded headers

6 years agoMerge branch 'next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 04:38:48 +0000]
Merge branch 'next' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security

Pull security subsystem updates from James Morris:
 "Highlights:

   - Integrity: add local fs integrity verification to detect offline
     attacks
   - Integrity: add digital signature verification
   - Simple stacking of Yama with other LSMs (per LSS discussions)
   - IBM vTPM support on ppc64
   - Add new driver for Infineon I2C TIS TPM
   - Smack: add rule revocation for subject labels"

Fixed conflicts with the user namespace support in kernel/auditsc.c and
security/integrity/ima/ima_policy.c.

* 'next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security: (39 commits)
  Documentation: Update git repository URL for Smack userland tools
  ima: change flags container data type
  Smack: setprocattr memory leak fix
  Smack: implement revoking all rules for a subject label
  Smack: remove task_wait() hook.
  ima: audit log hashes
  ima: generic IMA action flag handling
  ima: rename ima_must_appraise_or_measure
  audit: export audit_log_task_info
  tpm: fix tpm_acpi sparse warning on different address spaces
  samples/seccomp: fix 31 bit build on s390
  ima: digital signature verification support
  ima: add support for different security.ima data types
  ima: add ima_inode_setxattr/removexattr function and calls
  ima: add inode_post_setattr call
  ima: replace iint spinblock with rwlock/read_lock
  ima: allocating iint improvements
  ima: add appraise action keywords and default rules
  ima: integrity appraisal extension
  vfs: move ima_file_free before releasing the file
  ...

6 years agoMerge tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubi
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 03:49:15 +0000]
Merge tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubi

Pull UBI changes from Artem Bityutskiy:
 "The main change is the way we reserve eraseblocks for bad blocks
  handling.  We used to reserve 2% of the partition, but now we are more
  aggressive and we reserve 2% of the entire chip, which is what
  actually manufacturers specify in data sheets.  We introduced an
  option to users to override the default, though.

  There are a couple of fixes as well, and a number of cleanups."

* tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubi: (24 commits)
  UBI: fix trivial typo 'it' => 'is'
  UBI: load after mtd device drivers
  UBI: print less
  UBI: use pr_ helper instead of printk
  UBI: comply with coding style
  UBI: erase free PEB with bitflip in EC header
  UBI: fix autoresize handling in R/O mode
  UBI: add max_beb_per1024 to attach ioctl
  UBI: allow specifying bad PEBs limit using module parameter
  UBI: check max_beb_per1024 value in ubi_attach_mtd_dev
  UBI: prepare for max_beb_per1024 module parameter addition
  UBI: introduce MTD_PARAM_MAX_COUNT
  UBI: separate bad_peb_limit in a function
  arm: sam9_l9260_defconfig: correct CONFIG_MTD_UBI_BEB_LIMIT
  UBI: use the whole MTD device size to get bad_peb_limit
  mtd: mtdparts: introduce mtd_get_device_size
  mtd: mark mtd_is_partition argument as constant
  arm: sam9_l9260_defconfig: remove non-existing config option
  UBI: kill CONFIG_MTD_UBI_BEB_RESERVE
  UBI: limit amount of reserved eraseblocks for bad PEB handling
  ...

6 years agoMerge tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 03:47:48 +0000]
Merge tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs

Pull ubifs changes from Artem Bityutskiy:
 "No big changes for 3.7 in UBIFS:
   - Error reporting and debug printing improvements
   - Power cut emulation fixes
   - Minor cleanups"

Fix trivial conflict in fs/ubifs/debug.c due to the user namespace
changes.

* tag 'upstream-3.7-rc1' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs:
  UBIFS: print less
  UBIFS: use pr_ helper instead of printk
  UBIFS: comply with coding style
  UBIFS: use __aligned() attribute
  UBIFS: remove __DATE__ and __TIME__
  UBIFS: fix power cut emulation for mtdram
  UBIFS: improve scanning debug output
  UBIFS: always print full error reports
  UBIFS: print PID in debug messages

6 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus-v3.7-rc1' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 03:42:58 +0000]
Merge tag 'for-linus-v3.7-rc1' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs

Pull xfs update from Ben Myers:
 "Several enhancements and cleanups:

   - make inode32 and inode64 remountable options
   - SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA enhancements
   - cleanup struct declarations in xfs_mount.h"

* tag 'for-linus-v3.7-rc1' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs:
  xfs: Make inode32 a remountable option
  xfs: add inode64->inode32 transition into xfs_set_inode32()
  xfs: Fix mp->m_maxagi update during inode64 remount
  xfs: reduce code duplication handling inode32/64 options
  xfs: make inode64 as the default allocation mode
  xfs: Fix m_agirotor reset during AG selection
  Make inode64 a remountable option
  xfs: stop the sync worker before xfs_unmountfs
  xfs: xfs_seek_hole() refinement with hole searching from page cache for unwritten extents
  xfs: xfs_seek_data() refinement with unwritten extents check up from page cache
  xfs: Introduce a helper routine to probe data or hole offset from page cache
  xfs: Remove type argument from xfs_seek_data()/xfs_seek_hole()
  xfs: fix race while discarding buffers [V4]
  xfs: check for possible overflow in xfs_ioc_trim
  xfs: unlock the AGI buffer when looping in xfs_dialloc
  xfs: kill struct declarations in xfs_mount.h
  xfs: fix uninitialised variable in xfs_rtbuf_get()

6 years agoMerge branch 'drm-nouveau-next' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/linux...
Dave Airlie [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 03:26:15 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-nouveau-next' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/linux-2.6 into drm-next

This is a major rework of the nouveau driver core, to reflect more closely
how the hw is used and to make it easier to implement newer features now
that the GPUs are more clearly understood than when nouveau started.

It also contains a few other bits:
thermal patches
nv41/44 pcie gart fixes
i2c unregistering fixes.

* 'drm-nouveau-next' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/linux-2.6: (191 commits)
  drm/nv98/crypt: fix fuc build with latest envyas
  drm/nouveau/devinit: fixup various issues with subdev ctor/init ordering
  drm/nv41/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
  drm/nv44/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
  drm/nv04/dmaobj: fixup vm target handling in preparation for nv4x pcie
  drm/nouveau: store supported dma mask in vmmgr
  drm/nvc0/ibus: initial implementation of subdev
  drm/nouveau/therm: add support for fan-control modes
  drm/nouveau/hwmon: rename pwm0* to pmw1* to follow hwmon's rules
  drm/nouveau/therm: calculate the pwm divisor on nv50+
  drm/nouveau/fan: rewrite the fan tachometer driver to get more precision, faster
  drm/nouveau/therm: move thermal-related functions to the therm subdev
  drm/nouveau/bios: parse the pwm divisor from the perf table
  drm/nouveau/therm: use the EXTDEV table to detect i2c monitoring devices
  drm/nouveau/therm: rework thermal table parsing
  drm/nouveau/gpio: expose the PWM/TOGGLE parameter found in the gpio vbios table
  drm/nouveau: fix pm initialization order
  drm/nouveau/bios: check that fixed tvdac gpio data is valid before using it
  drm/nouveau: log channel debug/error messages from client object rather than drm client
  drm/nouveau: have drm debugging macros build on top of core macros
  ...

Conflicts:
drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_dp.c

6 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 03:25:04 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull vfs update from Al Viro:

 - big one - consolidation of descriptor-related logics; almost all of
   that is moved to fs/file.c

   (BTW, I'm seriously tempted to rename the result to fd.c.  As it is,
   we have a situation when file_table.c is about handling of struct
   file and file.c is about handling of descriptor tables; the reasons
   are historical - file_table.c used to be about a static array of
   struct file we used to have way back).

   A lot of stray ends got cleaned up and converted to saner primitives,
   disgusting mess in android/binder.c is still disgusting, but at least
   doesn't poke so much in descriptor table guts anymore.  A bunch of
   relatively minor races got fixed in process, plus an ext4 struct file
   leak.

 - related thing - fget_light() partially unuglified; see fdget() in
   there (and yes, it generates the code as good as we used to have).

 - also related - bits of Cyrill's procfs stuff that got entangled into
   that work; _not_ all of it, just the initial move to fs/proc/fd.c and
   switch of fdinfo to seq_file.

 - Alex's fs/coredump.c spiltoff - the same story, had been easier to
   take that commit than mess with conflicts.  The rest is a separate
   pile, this was just a mechanical code movement.

 - a few misc patches all over the place.  Not all for this cycle,
   there'll be more (and quite a few currently sit in akpm's tree)."

Fix up trivial conflicts in the android binder driver, and some fairly
simple conflicts due to two different changes to the sock_alloc_file()
interface ("take descriptor handling from sock_alloc_file() to callers"
vs "net: Providing protocol type via system.sockprotoname xattr of
/proc/PID/fd entries" adding a dentry name to the socket)

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs: (72 commits)
  MAX_LFS_FILESIZE should be a loff_t
  compat: fs: Generic compat_sys_sendfile implementation
  fs: push rcu_barrier() from deactivate_locked_super() to filesystems
  btrfs: reada_extent doesn't need kref for refcount
  coredump: move core dump functionality into its own file
  coredump: prevent double-free on an error path in core dumper
  usb/gadget: fix misannotations
  fcntl: fix misannotations
  ceph: don't abuse d_delete() on failure exits
  hypfs: ->d_parent is never NULL or negative
  vfs: delete surplus inode NULL check
  switch simple cases of fget_light to fdget
  new helpers: fdget()/fdput()
  switch o2hb_region_dev_write() to fget_light()
  proc_map_files_readdir(): don't bother with grabbing files
  make get_file() return its argument
  vhost_set_vring(): turn pollstart/pollstop into bool
  switch prctl_set_mm_exe_file() to fget_light()
  switch xfs_find_handle() to fget_light()
  switch xfs_swapext() to fget_light()
  ...

6 years agosparc: fix format string argument for prom_printf()
Akinobu Mita [Sat, 29 Sep 2012 03:14:49 +0000]
sparc: fix format string argument for prom_printf()

prom_printf() takes printf style arguments.  Specifing GCC's format
attribute reveals that there are several wrong usages of prom_printf().

This fixes those wrong format strings and arguments, and also leaves
format attributes in order to detect similar mistakes at compile time.

Signed-off-by: Akinobu Mita <akinobu.mita@gmail.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: sparclinux@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

6 years agodrm/nv98/crypt: fix fuc build with latest envyas
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 00:52:58 +0000]
drm/nv98/crypt: fix fuc build with latest envyas

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/devinit: fixup various issues with subdev ctor/init ordering
Ben Skeggs [Tue, 2 Oct 2012 00:30:34 +0000]
drm/nouveau/devinit: fixup various issues with subdev ctor/init ordering

Details of the problem, and solution, are in comments in the commit
proper.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nv41/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:56:24 +0000]
drm/nv41/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart

Hopefully fixed the tlb flush timeout issue.  Was able to observe this
condition occur occasionally, and it appears the binary driver doesn't
wait on the old condition either..

Should give 39-bit DMA addressing on the relevant chipsets.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nv44/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:55:53 +0000]
drm/nv44/vm: fix and enable use of "real" pciegart

Something seems to be missing in regards to flushing specific ranges of
the TLB.  For the moment, flushing the entire thing seems to make it
work alright.

Should give 39-bit DMA addressing on the relevant chipsets.

v2: allocate contig 16KiB for dummy pages, reported by mwk on irc

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nv04/dmaobj: fixup vm target handling in preparation for nv4x pcie
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 26 Sep 2012 05:01:39 +0000]
drm/nv04/dmaobj: fixup vm target handling in preparation for nv4x pcie

We don't need to pull the page address out of the page tables on nv4x
chips that have a real GART.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: store supported dma mask in vmmgr
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 26 Sep 2012 04:37:51 +0000]
drm/nouveau: store supported dma mask in vmmgr

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nvc0/ibus: initial implementation of subdev
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 26 Sep 2012 03:05:01 +0000]
drm/nvc0/ibus: initial implementation of subdev

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/therm: add support for fan-control modes
Martin Peres [Tue, 4 Sep 2012 11:52:00 +0000]
drm/nouveau/therm: add support for fan-control modes

For now, only 2 control modes are available:
- NONE: The fan is never touched (default)
- MANUAL: The fan is set to the user-defined fan speed (pwm1)

This patch introduces a distinction between ptherm internal fan management
and external fan management. The latter is bound to respect the fan mode
while the first can still select the speed it wants unless the NONE mode
is selected. This is important for automatic fan management.

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/hwmon: rename pwm0* to pmw1* to follow hwmon's rules
Martin Peres [Tue, 4 Sep 2012 11:39:40 +0000]
drm/nouveau/hwmon: rename pwm0* to pmw1* to follow hwmon's rules

This was reported by tizbac on IRC.

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Reviewed-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/therm: calculate the pwm divisor on nv50+
Martin Peres [Sun, 2 Sep 2012 02:01:43 +0000]
drm/nouveau/therm: calculate the pwm divisor on nv50+

v2: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
- fixed unintentional use of floating point

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/fan: rewrite the fan tachometer driver to get more precision, faster
Martin Peres [Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:20:45 +0000]
drm/nouveau/fan: rewrite the fan tachometer driver to get more precision, faster

The previous driver waited for 250ms to accumulate data. This version times a
complete fan rotation and extrapolates to RPM.

The fan rotational speed should now be read in less than 250ms (worst case)
and usually in less 50ms.

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Reviewed-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/therm: move thermal-related functions to the therm subdev
Martin Peres [Sun, 2 Sep 2012 00:55:58 +0000]
drm/nouveau/therm: move thermal-related functions to the therm subdev

It looks scary because of the size, but I tried to keep the differences minimal.
Further patches will fix the actual "driver" code and add new features.

v2: change filenames, split to submodules

v3: add a missing include

v4: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
- fixed set_defaults() to allow min_duty < 30 (thermal table will
  override this if it's actually necessary)
- fixed set_defaults() to not provide pwm_freq so nv4x (which only has
  pwm_div) can actually work.  the boards using pwm_freq will have a
  thermal table entry to provide us the value.
- removed unused files

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/bios: parse the pwm divisor from the perf table
Martin Peres [Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:31:59 +0000]
drm/nouveau/bios: parse the pwm divisor from the perf table

v2: perf_table now is more in line with the other functions

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/therm: use the EXTDEV table to detect i2c monitoring devices
Martin Peres [Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:33:53 +0000]
drm/nouveau/therm: use the EXTDEV table to detect i2c monitoring devices

This commit also adds a static list of all known devices and their possible
i2c addresses.

v2: use the common table parsing technique as suggested by darktama

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/therm: rework thermal table parsing
Martin Peres [Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:00:55 +0000]
drm/nouveau/therm: rework thermal table parsing

As an accident, it should also fix temperature reading on nv4x.

v2: introduce nvbios_therm_entry as advised by darktama

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/gpio: expose the PWM/TOGGLE parameter found in the gpio vbios table
Martin Peres [Sat, 12 May 2012 13:28:51 +0000]
drm/nouveau/gpio: expose the PWM/TOGGLE parameter found in the gpio vbios table

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@labri.fr>
Reviewed-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: fix pm initialization order
Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov [Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:31:40 +0000]
drm/nouveau: fix pm initialization order

If nouveau_pm_perflvl_get() fails, pm->profiles list will be left
uninitialized, which causes oops during nouveau_pm_fini().

Move INIT_LIST_HEAD before call to nouveau_pm_perflvl_get().

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <dmitry_eremin@mentor.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/bios: check that fixed tvdac gpio data is valid before using it
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:55:01 +0000]
drm/nouveau/bios: check that fixed tvdac gpio data is valid before using it

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: log channel debug/error messages from client object rather than drm...
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 03:40:47 +0000]
drm/nouveau: log channel debug/error messages from client object rather than drm client

This will make it more obvious which application caused particular messages.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: have drm debugging macros build on top of core macros
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 03:38:13 +0000]
drm/nouveau: have drm debugging macros build on top of core macros

May kill the DRM version completely at some point, undecided..

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/core: have client-id be a string, rather than an integer
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 03:09:23 +0000]
drm/nouveau/core: have client-id be a string, rather than an integer

Can be somewhat more informative that way...

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nvc0/fifo: re-bash PBUS regs after vm-fault to BARs/PEEPHOLE
Ben Skeggs [Fri, 7 Sep 2012 00:26:38 +0000]
drm/nvc0/fifo: re-bash PBUS regs after vm-fault to BARs/PEEPHOLE

Seems to be required to "re-arm" the engines after a vm fault.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nvc0/gr: implement initial trap handler
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 6 Sep 2012 05:03:47 +0000]
drm/nvc0/gr: implement initial trap handler

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nvc0/gr: rebuild fuc with latest envyas
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 6 Sep 2012 03:09:22 +0000]
drm/nvc0/gr: rebuild fuc with latest envyas

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nvc0/ltcg: read LTS count at startup
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 5 Sep 2012 02:19:26 +0000]
drm/nvc0/ltcg: read LTS count at startup

Not really sure how to confirm this 100%, but, the numbers match on all the
traces I have for NVCx (2 LTS), NVD9 (1LTS) and NVEx (4LTS).

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nve0/gr: enable use of our fuc by default
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 23 Aug 2012 05:52:28 +0000]
drm/nve0/gr: enable use of our fuc by default

Graphics acceleration is still disabled by default due to lingering issues
that need to be solved.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nve0/gr: remove 0x404160 bashing from hub fuc
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 23 Aug 2012 05:32:38 +0000]
drm/nve0/gr: remove 0x404160 bashing from hub fuc

Triggers PIBUS interrupts due to register not existing anymore, and as
a result HUB_SET_CHAN times out.

After this commit, our fuc loads and can accelerate at least fbcon, X,
glxgears and OA on NVE4.  NVE7 not tested as of yet.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nve0/gr: initial fuc implementation, based on fermi's code
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 23 Aug 2012 00:47:40 +0000]
drm/nve0/gr: initial fuc implementation, based on fermi's code

Currently identical except the available chipset register lists.  This will
*not* currently work and is disabled by default because of this.

May get merged again later, remains to be seen what further changes will be
required.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nve0/ibus: handle PIBUS interrupts to prevent storm
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 23 Aug 2012 03:55:42 +0000]
drm/nve0/ibus: handle PIBUS interrupts to prevent storm

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/sw: trap and clear PMC_INTR_0_SOFTWARE
Ben Skeggs [Thu, 23 Aug 2012 05:14:21 +0000]
drm/nouveau/sw: trap and clear PMC_INTR_0_SOFTWARE

Came in useful for debugging another issue earlier, so keep it around.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: quiet some static-related sparse noise
Marcin Slusarz [Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:00:00 +0000]
drm/nouveau: quiet some static-related sparse noise

Signed-off-by: Marcin Slusarz <marcin.slusarz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: constify instances of nouveau_bitfield and nouveau_enum structs
Marcin Slusarz [Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:59:59 +0000]
drm/nouveau: constify instances of nouveau_bitfield and nouveau_enum structs

Signed-off-by: Marcin Slusarz <marcin.slusarz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/fifo: use defines instead of hardcoded class ids
Ben Skeggs [Sun, 19 Aug 2012 06:03:00 +0000]
drm/nouveau/fifo: use defines instead of hardcoded class ids

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau/dmaobj: reject unsupported parent types instead of half-succeeding
Ben Skeggs [Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:58:38 +0000]
drm/nouveau/dmaobj: reject unsupported parent types instead of half-succeeding

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nouveau: add defines for internal class names
Ben Skeggs [Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:53:15 +0000]
drm/nouveau: add defines for internal class names

Will probably flesh the documentation of the classes out a bit too at some
later point.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>

6 years agodrm/nv50/fifo: add support for dma channel class
Ben Skeggs [Tue, 14 Aug 2012 05:33:20 +0000]
drm/nv50/fifo: add support for dma channel class

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>