8 years agoASoC: AD1836: fix codec name
Mike Frysinger [Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:29:21 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: fix codec name

The codec name should not have a "-codec" suffix since this is not part of
a MFD.  This was incorrectly changed during the multi-component updated.

Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: fix intermixed tab/space indentation
Mike Frysinger [Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:29:20 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: fix intermixed tab/space indentation

Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: drop unnecessary spi register check
Mike Frysinger [Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:29:19 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: drop unnecessary spi register check

The only thing the init func does is register a spi driver, so if that
fails, we return the value back up to the caller who will display an
error message for us.  So drop the redundant checking/message.

Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: clean up comment headers
Mike Frysinger [Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:29:23 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: clean up comment headers

Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Blackfin: Add bf5xx-adau1701 machine driver
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:26:21 +0000]
ASoC: Blackfin: Add bf5xx-adau1701 machine driver

Add a machine driver to support the ADAU1701 SigmaDSP processors on
Analog Devices BF5XX evaluation boards.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Add ADAU1701 codec driver
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:26:20 +0000]
ASoC: Add ADAU1701 codec driver

This patch adds support for the Analog Devices ADAU1701 SigmaDSP.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Clean up some coding style nits in the bf5xx-i2s-pcm driver
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:50:18 +0000]
ASoC: Clean up some coding style nits in the bf5xx-i2s-pcm driver

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: dapm - Refactor widget IO functions in preparation for platform widgets.
Liam Girdwood [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:37:36 +0000]
ASoC: dapm - Refactor widget IO functions in preparation for platform widgets.

This time with soc_widget_update_bits reflecting recent soc_update_bits changes.

Currently widget IO is tightly coupled to the CODEC drivers. Future platform DSP
devices have mixer components that can alter power usage and hence require full
DAPM support.

This provides a generic widget IO operation wrapper in preparation for
future patches that implement platform driver DAPM.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Fix mismerge with release branch
Mark Brown [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:51:50 +0000]
ASoC: Fix mismerge with release branch

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:21:09 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

Trival fixup for move of I/O code into separate file.

Conflicts:
sound/soc/soc-cache.c

8 years agoASoC: Remove unused and about to be broken SND_SOC_CUSTOM I/O bus
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:05:58 +0000]
ASoC: Remove unused and about to be broken SND_SOC_CUSTOM I/O bus

This will be removed in -next so let's drop it from mainline as soon as
we can in order to minimise surprises.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Don't use codec->control_data in bulk write
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:44:52 +0000]
ASoC: Don't use codec->control_data in bulk write

In order to facilitate merging with the register map I/O replace the use
of control_data for the bulk writes with direct lookup of the client data
from the device.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Add weak routes for sidetone style paths
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:42:29 +0000]
ASoC: Add weak routes for sidetone style paths

Normally DAPM will power up any connected audio path. This is not ideal
for sidetone paths as with sidetone paths the audio path is not wanted in
itself, it is only desired if the two paths it provides a sidetone between
are both active. If the sidetone path causes a power up then it can be
hard to minimise pops as we first power up either the sidetone or the main
output path and then power the other, with the second power up potentially
introducing a DC offset.

Address this by introducing the concept of a weak path. If a path is marked
as weak then DAPM will ignore that path when walking the graph, though all
the relevant controls are still available to the application layer to allow
these paths to be configured.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Move register I/O code into a separate file
Mark Brown [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:49:55 +0000]
ASoC: Move register I/O code into a separate file

For clarity and to help ongoing refactoring in this area create a new file
to contain the physical I/O functions, separating them out from the cache
operations.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Factor out redundant read() functions
Mark Brown [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:42:56 +0000]
ASoC: Factor out redundant read() functions

We've got a whole bunch of functions which just call straight through to
do_hw_read(). Simplify this situation by removing them and using hw_read()
directly.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: SMDKV310: Enable SPDIF device
Naveen Krishna Chatradhi [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:34:27 +0000]
ASoC: SMDKV310: Enable SPDIF device

Signed-off-by: Naveen Krishna Chatradhi <ch.naveen@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:03:54 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agosound/atmel_ssc_dai: add a missing space to an error message
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:41:48 +0000]
sound/atmel_ssc_dai: add a missing space to an error message

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@atmel.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: SAMSUNG: Fix the incorrect referencing of I2SCON register
Sangbeom Kim [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:36:54 +0000]
ASoC: SAMSUNG: Fix the incorrect referencing of I2SCON register

If DMA active status should be checked, I2SCON register should be referenced.
In this patch, Fix the incorrect referencing of I2SCON register.

Reported-by : Lakkyung Jung <lakkyung.jung@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Sangbeom Kim <sbkim73@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoASoC: pcm - rename snd_codec_close() to snd_pcm_close().
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:04:59 +0000]
ASoC: pcm - rename snd_codec_close() to snd_pcm_close().

Make sure we follow naming convention for all PCM ops.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: core - PCM mutex per rtd
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:04:39 +0000]
ASoC: core - PCM mutex per rtd

In preparation for the new ASoC Dynamic PCM support (AKA DSP support).

The new ASoC Dynamic PCM core allows DAIs to be dynamically re-routed
at runtime between the PCM device end (or Frontend - FE) and the physical DAI
(Backend - BE) using regular kcontrols (just like a hardware CODEC routes
audio in the analog domain). The Dynamic PCM core therefore must be
able to call PCM operations for both the Frontend and Backend(s) DAIs at
the same time.

Currently we have a global pcm_mutex that is used to serialise
the ASoC PCM operations. This patch removes the global mutex
and adds a mutex per RTD allowing the PCM operations to be reentrant and
allow control of more than one DAI at at time. e.g. a frontend PCM hw_params()
could configure multiple backend DAI hw_params() with similar or different
hw parameters at the same time.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:07:42 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: core - Separate out PCM operations into new file.
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:45:53 +0000]
ASoC: core - Separate out PCM operations into new file.

In preparation for Dynamic PCM support (AKA DSP support).

There will be future patches that add support to allow PCMs to be dynamically
routed to multiple DAIs at startup and also during stream runtime. This patch
moves the ASoC core PCM operaitions into a new file called soc-pcm.c.  This will
in simplify the ASoC core features into distinct files.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: snd_soc_new_{mixer,mux,pga} make sure to use right DAPM context
Lars-Peter Clausen [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:22:36 +0000]
ASoC: snd_soc_new_{mixer,mux,pga} make sure to use right DAPM context

Currently it is possible that snd_soc_new_{mixer,mux,pga} is called with a
DAPM context not matching the widgets context. This can lead to a wrong
prefix_len calculation, which will result in undefined behaviour. To avoid
this always use the DAPM context from the widget itself.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:02:26 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: p1022ds: fix incorrect referencing of device tree properties
Timur Tabi [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 20:02:55 +0000]
ASoC: p1022ds: fix incorrect referencing of device tree properties

Device tree integer properties are encoded in big-endian format, but some of
the Freescale ASoC drivers were assuming that the host is in big-endian format
as well.  Although this is true, it's better to use endian-safe accessors.

Also add a check for a failed ioremap() call in the SSI driver.

Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: fsl: fix initialization of DMA buffers
Timur Tabi [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 20:02:56 +0000]
ASoC: fsl: fix initialization of DMA buffers

The DMA (PCM) driver used by some Freescale PowerPC supports separate DAIs
for playback and capture, so DMA buffers should be allocated only for the
initialized streams.  Instead of checking for the number of active channels,
which apparently is not reliable, check to see if the actual stream object
exists.

Also provide a better name for the DMA interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: WM8804 does not support sample rates below 32kHz
Mark Brown [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:07:49 +0000]
ASoC: WM8804 does not support sample rates below 32kHz

Reported-by: Kieran O'Leary <Kieran.O'Leary@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoASoC: Fix mismerge of Speyside set_bias_level_post()
Mark Brown [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:11:18 +0000]
ASoC: Fix mismerge of Speyside set_bias_level_post()

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:25:07 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: Support Speyside build variants with WM8962 fitted
Mark Brown [Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:30:45 +0000]
ASoC: Support Speyside build variants with WM8962 fitted

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Defer all WM8962 clocking configuration until power up
Mark Brown [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:44:06 +0000]
ASoC: Defer all WM8962 clocking configuration until power up

Don't require an audio rate SYSCLK in hw_params() in order to better
support microphone detection use cases.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Implement base 5 band EQ control for WM8962
Mark Brown [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:14:37 +0000]
ASoC: Implement base 5 band EQ control for WM8962

ReTune Mobile modes are not currently supported.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Report errors when we have a WM8962 IRQ and don't get FLL lock
Mark Brown [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:16:29 +0000]
ASoC: Report errors when we have a WM8962 IRQ and don't get FLL lock

We really should be getting the interrupt - if we don't get one it's very
likely that the configuration is incorrect and audio will fail. Also
increase the timeout substantially in this case for safety.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Factor out I2C usage in WM8962 driver
Mark Brown [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:13:53 +0000]
ASoC: Factor out I2C usage in WM8962 driver

The chip can actually support SPI so we shouldn't assume we've got an I2C
device even though that's the most common configuration.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Suppress restore of default register values for rbtree cache sync
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:36:30 +0000]
ASoC: Suppress restore of default register values for rbtree cache sync

Currently the rbtree code will write out the entire register map when
doing a cache sync which is wasteful and will slow things down. Check
to see if the value we're about to write is the default and don't bother
restoring it if it is, either the value will have been retained or the
device will have been reset and holds the value already.

We should really store the defaults in the nodes but this resolves the
immediate issue.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Fix WM8962 headphone volume update for use of advanced caches
Mark Brown [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:42:04 +0000]
ASoC: Fix WM8962 headphone volume update for use of advanced caches

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoASoC: core - Allow components to probe/remove in sequence.
Liam Girdwood [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:08:05 +0000]
ASoC: core - Allow components to probe/remove in sequence.

Some ASoC components depend on other ASoC components to provide clocks and
power resources in order to probe() and vice versa for remove().

Allow components to be ordered so that components can be probed() and removed()
in sequences that conform to their dependencies.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: core - Optimise and refactor pcm_new() to pass only rtd
Liam Girdwood [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:08:33 +0000]
ASoC: core - Optimise and refactor pcm_new() to pass only rtd

Currently pcm_new() passes in 3 arguments :- card, pcm and DAI.

Refactor this to only pass in 1 argument (i.e. the rtd) since struct rtd contains
card, pcm and DAI along with other members too that are useful too.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:49:47 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: Blackfin: bf5xx-ad1836: Fix codec device name
Lars-Peter Clausen [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:24:46 +0000]
ASoC: Blackfin: bf5xx-ad1836: Fix codec device name

Fix the codec_name field of the dai_link to match the actual device name
of the codec. Otherwise the card won't be instantiated.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Fix build error
Lars-Peter Clausen [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 05:02:59 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Fix build error

Commit f97d0c6d5f94 ("ASoC: AD1836: Add input gain control for ADC2") contained
a typo in the register name, causing a build error. This patch fixes it.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: wm8940: remove unnecessary if statements
Greg Dietsche [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:53:01 +0000]
ASoC: wm8940: remove unnecessary if statements

removing unnecessary if(ret) checks

This updated patch corrects a minor spelling problem in the commit message
and resolves two other (similar) issues found in wm8940.c by Jonathan Cameron.

Signed-off-by: Greg Dietsche <Gregory.Dietsche@cuw.edu>
Acked-by: Jonathan Cameron <jic23@cam.ac.uk>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:57:54 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Fix setting the PCM format
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:35 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Fix setting the PCM format

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Add input gain control for ADC2
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:40 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Add input gain control for ADC2

The AD1836 has a PGA for its second ADC. This patch adds a control for
adjusting the the gain of the PGA.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Remove unused fields from private struct
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:39 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Remove unused fields from private struct

The control_type field is never used, so it can be removed.  The
control_data field is used to initialize the codec's control_data field,
but since this is also done by the snd-soc-cache core, the redundant
assignment can be removed and the field can be dropped.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Add AD1835/AD1837/AD1838/AD1839 support
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:38 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Add AD1835/AD1837/AD1838/AD1839 support

The AD183X codec devices are mostly register compatible and can easily be
supported by the same driver.  The main difference between those devices
is the number of DACs and ADCs.

This patch adjusts the driver to allocate the controls, DAPM widgets and
routes for the DACs and ADCs dynamically based on the chip type.

The AD1836 is a bit special in that it supports different modes for its second
ADC, so it needs some special handling. Right now the driver hardcodes the mode
to the differential PGA mode.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Use snd_soc_update_bits for read-modify-write
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:37 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Use snd_soc_update_bits for read-modify-write

Use snd_soc_update_bits for read-modify-write register access instead of
open-coding it using snd_soc_read and snd_soc_write.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: AD1836: Add ADC/DAC controls helper macros
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:38:36 +0000]
ASoC: AD1836: Add ADC/DAC controls helper macros

The different ADC and DAC controls follow the same scheme, so add some helper
macros for declaring them.
This should make the code a bit more readable and also decreases the code size
a bit.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Manage Speyside system clocking only in bias management
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:12:44 +0000]
ASoC: Manage Speyside system clocking only in bias management

Now that the CODEC driver supports it defer configuration of the system
clock until bias management which is a much more idiomatic place to do
system power control and makes things a lot more happy when we're using
both interfaces.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Only provide a default bias level update for CODEC contexts
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:03:34 +0000]
ASoC: Only provide a default bias level update for CODEC contexts

This allows the card driver to use the bias level variable more easily in
multi component systems.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Add context parameter to card DAPM callbacks
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:13:23 +0000]
ASoC: Add context parameter to card DAPM callbacks

The card callback will get called for each DAPM context in the card so it
can be useful for it to know which device is currently undergoing a
transition.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Simplify logic in snd_soc_dapm_set_bias_level()
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:15:19 +0000]
ASoC: Simplify logic in snd_soc_dapm_set_bias_level()

No functional changes but much less indentation.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Remove trace for DAPM bias level logging
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:15:53 +0000]
ASoC: Remove trace for DAPM bias level logging

It's redundant now thanks to the use of the generic trace infrastructure.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Indentation fix for null loop operation
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:16:34 +0000]
ASoC: Indentation fix for null loop operation

More with the legibility.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Don't bring the CODEC up to full power for supplies and biases
Mark Brown [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 10:34:43 +0000]
ASoC: Don't bring the CODEC up to full power for supplies and biases

If the only widgets active within a CODEC are supplies and micbiases we
are not passing audio, we are probably just doing microphone detection.
This will not generally require either fully accurate reference voltages
or much power so

If this turns out to be unsuitable for some systems we can provide a
facility to override this decision.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Specify target bias state directly as a bias state
Mark Brown [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 10:25:10 +0000]
ASoC: Specify target bias state directly as a bias state

Rather than a simple flag to say if we want the DAPM context to be at full
power specify the target bias state. This should have no current effect
but is a bit more direct and so makes it easier to change our decisions
about the which bias state to go into in future.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Allow WM8915 BCLK calculation outside hw_params()
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:05:13 +0000]
ASoC: Allow WM8915 BCLK calculation outside hw_params()

Allow more dynamic management of the device clocking by allowing BCLK to
be calculated when we set SYSCLK. This means that if the system is idle
when hw_params() runs then we don't try to use the SYSCLK used in that case
to set up the BCLK dividers, we can instead wait until a later point such
as bias level configuration. This makes it easier to manage low power modes.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:34:58 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: Check for NULL register bank in snd_soc_get_cache_val()
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:26:15 +0000]
ASoC: Check for NULL register bank in snd_soc_get_cache_val()

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Enforce the mask in snd_soc_update_bits()
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:09:14 +0000]
ASoC: Enforce the mask in snd_soc_update_bits()

Avoids issues if someone does a read followed by restore and doesn't mask
out only the bits being updated.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Error out when FLL lock interrupt is not delivered on WM8915
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:49:46 +0000]
ASoC: Error out when FLL lock interrupt is not delivered on WM8915

When the FLL locks on the WM8915 an interrupt is generated.  For safety
error out if we don't get that interrupt when the IRQ output of the
WM8915 is hooked up.  Since we *really* expect an interrupt but the
threaded IRQ handler may take a bit longer than expected to get
scheduled also dramatically increase the delay in this case.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Suppress noop SYSCLK updates in WM8915
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:09:49 +0000]
ASoC: Suppress noop SYSCLK updates in WM8915

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:47:06 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoASoC: Add missing break in WM8915 FLL source selection
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:20:50 +0000]
ASoC: Add missing break in WM8915 FLL source selection

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Only update SYSCLK_ENA when pausing WM8915 SYSCLK
Mark Brown [Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:13:57 +0000]
ASoC: Only update SYSCLK_ENA when pausing WM8915 SYSCLK

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:26:02 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' into for-3.1

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound...
Mark Brown [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:38:23 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-3.0' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6 into for-3.0

8 years agoASoC: atmel_ssc: Don't try to free ssc if request failed
Joachim Eastwood [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:59:10 +0000]
ASoC: atmel_ssc: Don't try to free ssc if request failed

We should only call ssc_free() when ssc_request() succeeds or bad
things will happen.

Signed-off-by: Joachim Eastwood <joachim.eastwood@jotron.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Use a lower detection rate when monitoring headphones on WM8915
Mark Brown [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 19:16:40 +0000]
ASoC: Use a lower detection rate when monitoring headphones on WM8915

We only need to increase the detection rate to maximum if we're monitoring
for button presses as the response times needed for user interaction there
are much lower.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Update speyside audio driver for hardware revision 2
Mark Brown [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 18:32:22 +0000]
ASoC: Update speyside audio driver for hardware revision 2

Revision 2 of the Speyside platform supplies a 32kHz clock on MCLK2 rather
than MCLK1.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Remove internally generated WM8915 supplies
Mark Brown [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 18:17:02 +0000]
ASoC: Remove internally generated WM8915 supplies

DCVDD and MICVDD are intended to be (and almost always are) generated by
on-board LDOs which are transparently controlled by the driver so we
shouldn't really be requesting them from the regulator API. If the driver
is updated to support external supply of these then we will need to change
the way we handle this.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: add missing clk_put to nuc900-ac97
Julia Lawall [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:10:05 +0000]
ASoC: add missing clk_put to nuc900-ac97

This goto is after the call to clk_get, so it should go to the label that
includes a call to clk_put.

A simplified version of the semantic match that finds this problem is as
follows: (http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/)

// <smpl>
@r exists@
expression e1,e2;
statement S;
@@

e1 = clk_get@p1(...);
... when != e1 = e2
    when != clk_put(e1)
    when any
if (...) { ... when != clk_put(e1)
               when != if (...) { ... clk_put(e1) ... }
* return@p3 ...;
 } else S
// </smpl>

Signed-off-by: Julia Lawall <julia@diku.dk>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

8 years agoASoC: Support edge triggered IRQs for WM8915
Mark Brown [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:45:58 +0000]
ASoC: Support edge triggered IRQs for WM8915

Really this should be something the IRQ core can cope with for us but since
it doesn't currently do so (at least for threaded interrupts like this) do
so in the driver. This allows us to run with interrupt controllers that
only support edge triggered interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoASoC: Staticize ak4641_dai
Mark Brown [Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:10:50 +0000]
ASoC: Staticize ak4641_dai

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.40' into for-2.6.41
Mark Brown [Mon, 30 May 2011 02:54:18 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.40' into for-2.6.41

8 years agoLinux 3.0-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 30 May 2011 00:43:36 +0000]
Linux 3.0-rc1

.. except there are various scripts that really know that there are
three numbers, so it calls itself "3.0.0-rc1".

Hopefully by the time the final 3.0 is out, we'll have that extra zero
all figured out.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ecryptfs...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 21:13:25 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ecryptfs/ecryptfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ecryptfs/ecryptfs-2.6:
  eCryptfs: Remove ecryptfs_header_cache_2
  eCryptfs: Cleanup and optimize ecryptfs_lookup_interpose()
  eCryptfs: Return useful code from contains_ecryptfs_marker
  eCryptfs: Fix new inode race condition
  eCryptfs: Cleanup inode initialization code
  eCryptfs: Consolidate inode functions into inode.c

8 years agoMerge branch 'pnfs-submit' of git://git.open-osd.org/linux-open-osd
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 21:10:13 +0000]
Merge branch 'pnfs-submit' of git://git.open-osd.org/linux-open-osd

* 'pnfs-submit' of git://git.open-osd.org/linux-open-osd: (32 commits)
  pnfs-obj: pg_test check for max_io_size
  NFSv4.1: define nfs_generic_pg_test
  NFSv4.1: use pnfs_generic_pg_test directly by layout driver
  NFSv4.1: change pg_test return type to bool
  NFSv4.1: unify pnfs_pageio_init functions
  pnfs-obj: objlayout_encode_layoutcommit implementation
  pnfs: encode_layoutcommit
  pnfs-obj: report errors and .encode_layoutreturn Implementation.
  pnfs: encode_layoutreturn
  pnfs: layoutret_on_setattr
  pnfs: layoutreturn
  pnfs-obj: osd raid engine read/write implementation
  pnfs: support for non-rpc layout drivers
  pnfs-obj: define per-inode private structure
  pnfs: alloc and free layout_hdr layoutdriver methods
  pnfs-obj: objio_osd device information retrieval and caching
  pnfs-obj: decode layout, alloc/free lseg
  pnfs-obj: pnfs_osd XDR client implementation
  pnfs-obj: pnfs_osd XDR definitions
  pnfs-obj: objlayoutdriver module skeleton
  ...

8 years agoarm gpio drivers: make them 'depends on ARM'
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 21:06:42 +0000]
arm gpio drivers: make them 'depends on ARM'

We had a few drivers move from arch/arm into drivers/gpio, but they
don't actually compile without the ARM platform headers etc.  As a
result they were messing up allyesconfig on x86.

Make them depend on ARM.

Reported-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoeCryptfs: Remove ecryptfs_header_cache_2
Tyler Hicks [Tue, 24 May 2011 10:11:12 +0000]
eCryptfs: Remove ecryptfs_header_cache_2

Now that ecryptfs_lookup_interpose() is no longer using
ecryptfs_header_cache_2 to read in metadata, the kmem_cache can be
removed and the ecryptfs_header_cache_1 kmem_cache can be renamed to
ecryptfs_header_cache.

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@linux.vnet.ibm.com>

8 years agoeCryptfs: Cleanup and optimize ecryptfs_lookup_interpose()
Tyler Hicks [Tue, 24 May 2011 09:56:23 +0000]
eCryptfs: Cleanup and optimize ecryptfs_lookup_interpose()

ecryptfs_lookup_interpose() has turned into spaghetti code over the
years. This is an effort to clean it up.

 - Shorten overly descriptive variable names such as ecryptfs_dentry
 - Simplify gotos and error paths
 - Create helper function for reading plaintext i_size from metadata

It also includes an optimization when reading i_size from the metadata.
A complete page-sized kmem_cache_alloc() was being done to read in 16
bytes of metadata. The buffer for that is now statically declared.

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@linux.vnet.ibm.com>

8 years agoeCryptfs: Return useful code from contains_ecryptfs_marker
Tyler Hicks [Mon, 2 May 2011 05:39:54 +0000]
eCryptfs: Return useful code from contains_ecryptfs_marker

Instead of having the calling functions translate the true/false return
code to either 0 or -EINVAL, have contains_ecryptfs_marker() return 0 or
-EINVAL so that the calling functions can just reuse the return code.

Also, rename the function to ecryptfs_validate_marker() to avoid callers
mistakenly thinking that it returns true/false codes.

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@linux.vnet.ibm.com>

8 years agoeCryptfs: Fix new inode race condition
Tyler Hicks [Tue, 24 May 2011 08:49:02 +0000]
eCryptfs: Fix new inode race condition

Only unlock and d_add() new inodes after the plaintext inode size has
been read from the lower filesystem. This fixes a race condition that
was sometimes seen during a multi-job kernel build in an eCryptfs mount.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36002

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Reported-by: David <david@unsolicited.net>
Tested-by: David <david@unsolicited.net>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mjg59/platf...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:44:33 +0000]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mjg59/platform-drivers-x86

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mjg59/platform-drivers-x86: (43 commits)
  acer-wmi: support integer return type from WMI methods
  msi-laptop: fix section mismatch in reference from the function load_scm_model_init
  acer-wmi: support to set communication device state by new wmid method
  acer-wmi: allow 64-bits return buffer from WMI methods
  acer-wmi: check the existence of internal 3G device when set capability
  platform/x86:delete two unused variables
  support wlan hotkey on Acer Travelmate 5735Z
  platform-x86: intel_mid_thermal: Fix memory leak
  platform/x86: Fix Makefile for intel_mid_powerbtn
  platform/x86: Simplify intel_mid_powerbtn
  acer-wmi: Delete out-of-date documentation
  acerhdf: Clean up includes
  acerhdf: Drop pointless dependency on THERMAL_HWMON
  acer-wmi: Update MAINTAINERS
  wmi: Orphan ACPI-WMI driver
  tc1100-wmi: Orphan driver
  acer-wmi: does not allow negative number set to initial device state
  platform/oaktrail: ACPI EC Extra driver for Oaktrail
  thinkpad_acpi: Convert printks to pr_<level>
  thinkpad_acpi: Correct !CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO warning
  ...

8 years agomm: Fix boot crash in mm_alloc()
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:32:28 +0000]
mm: Fix boot crash in mm_alloc()

Thomas Gleixner reports that we now have a boot crash triggered by
CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK=y:

    BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at   (null)
    IP: [<c11ae035>] find_next_bit+0x55/0xb0
    Call Trace:
     [<c11addda>] cpumask_any_but+0x2a/0x70
     [<c102396b>] flush_tlb_mm+0x2b/0x80
     [<c1022705>] pud_populate+0x35/0x50
     [<c10227ba>] pgd_alloc+0x9a/0xf0
     [<c103a3fc>] mm_init+0xec/0x120
     [<c103a7a3>] mm_alloc+0x53/0xd0

which was introduced by commit de03c72cfce5 ("mm: convert
mm->cpu_vm_cpumask into cpumask_var_t"), and is due to wrong ordering of
mm_init() vs mm_init_cpumask

Thomas wrote a patch to just fix the ordering of initialization, but I
hate the new double allocation in the fork path, so I ended up instead
doing some more radical surgery to clean it all up.

Reported-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Reported-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Cc: KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@jp.fujitsu.com>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:30:20 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.marist.edu/linux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git390.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6:
  [S390] mm: fix mmu_gather rework
  [S390] mm: fix storage key handling

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:29:28 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile:
  arch/tile: more /proc and /sys file support

8 years agoMerge branch 'x86-platform-next' into x86-platform
Matthew Garrett [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:27:13 +0000]
Merge branch 'x86-platform-next' into x86-platform

8 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.40' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:21:12 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.40' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

* 'for-2.6.40' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux: (22 commits)
  nfsd: make local functions static
  NFSD: Remove unused variable from nfsd4_decode_bind_conn_to_session()
  NFSD: Check status from nfsd4_map_bcts_dir()
  NFSD: Remove setting unused variable in nfsd_vfs_read()
  nfsd41: error out on repeated RECLAIM_COMPLETE
  nfsd41: compare request's opcnt with session's maxops at nfsd4_sequence
  nfsd v4.1 lOCKT clientid field must be ignored
  nfsd41: add flag checking for create_session
  nfsd41: make sure nfs server process OPEN with EXCLUSIVE4_1 correctly
  nfsd4: fix wrongsec handling for PUTFH + op cases
  nfsd4: make fh_verify responsibility of nfsd_lookup_dentry caller
  nfsd4: introduce OPDESC helper
  nfsd4: allow fh_verify caller to skip pseudoflavor checks
  nfsd: distinguish functions of NFSD_MAY_* flags
  svcrpc: complete svsk processing on cb receive failure
  svcrpc: take advantage of tcp autotuning
  SUNRPC: Don't wait for full record to receive tcp data
  svcrpc: copy cb reply instead of pages
  svcrpc: close connection if client sends short packet
  svcrpc: note network-order types in svc_process_calldir
  ...

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-2.6-dm
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:20:48 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-2.6-dm

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-2.6-dm:
  dm kcopyd: return client directly and not through a pointer
  dm kcopyd: reserve fewer pages
  dm io: use fixed initial mempool size
  dm kcopyd: alloc pages from the main page allocator
  dm kcopyd: add gfp parm to alloc_pl
  dm kcopyd: remove superfluous page allocation spinlock
  dm kcopyd: preallocate sub jobs to avoid deadlock
  dm kcopyd: avoid pointless job splitting
  dm mpath: do not fail paths after integrity errors
  dm table: reject devices without request fns
  dm table: allow targets to support discards internally

8 years agoMerge branch 'nfs-for-2.6.40' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/nfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:20:02 +0000]
Merge branch 'nfs-for-2.6.40' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/nfs-2.6

* 'nfs-for-2.6.40' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/nfs-2.6:
  SUNRPC: Support for RPC over AF_LOCAL transports
  SUNRPC: Remove obsolete comment
  SUNRPC: Use AF_LOCAL for rpcbind upcalls
  SUNRPC: Clean up use of curly braces in switch cases
  NFS: Revert NFSROOT default mount options
  SUNRPC: Rename xs_encode_tcp_fragment_header()
  nfs,rcu: convert call_rcu(nfs_free_delegation_callback) to kfree_rcu()
  nfs41: Correct offset for LAYOUTCOMMIT
  NFS: nfs_update_inode: print current and new inode size in debug output
  NFSv4.1: Fix the handling of NFS4ERR_SEQ_MISORDERED errors
  NFSv4: Handle expired stateids when the lease is still valid
  SUNRPC: Deal with the lack of a SYN_SENT sk->sk_state_change callback...

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pkl/squashfs-linus
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:19:45 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/pkl/squashfs-linus

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pkl/squashfs-linus:
  Squashfs: Fix sanity check patches on big-endian systems

8 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:19:16 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6:
  ACPI EC: remove redundant code
  ACPI: Add D3 cold state
  ACPI: processor: fix processor_physically_present in UP kernel
  ACPI: Split out custom_method functionality into an own driver
  ACPI: Cleanup custom_method debug stuff
  ACPI EC: enable MSI workaround for Quanta laptops
  ACPICA: Update to version 20110413
  ACPICA: Execute an orphan _REG method under the EC device
  ACPICA: Move ACPI_NUM_PREDEFINED_REGIONS to a more appropriate place
  ACPICA: Update internal address SpaceID for DataTable regions
  ACPICA: Add more methods eligible for NULL package element removal
  ACPICA: Split all internal Global Lock functions to new file - evglock
  ACPI: EC: add another DMI check for ASUS hardware
  ACPI EC: remove dead code
  ACPICA: Fix code divergence of global lock handling
  ACPICA: Use acpi_os_create_lock interface
  ACPI: osl, add acpi_os_create_lock interface
  ACPI:Fix goto flows in thermal-sys

8 years agoMerge branch 'idle-release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 29 May 2011 18:18:09 +0000]
Merge branch 'idle-release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-idle-2.6

* 'idle-release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-idle-2.6:
  x86 idle: deprecate mwait_idle() and "idle=mwait" cmdline param
  x86 idle: deprecate "no-hlt" cmdline param
  x86 idle APM: deprecate CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE
  x86 idle floppy: deprecate disable_hlt()
  x86 idle: EXPORT_SYMBOL(default_idle, pm_idle) only when APM demands it
  x86 idle: clarify AMD erratum 400 workaround
  idle governor: Avoid lock acquisition to read pm_qos before entering idle
  cpuidle: menu: fixed wrapping timers at 4.294 seconds

8 years agocifs/ubifs: Fix shrinker API change fallout
Al Viro [Sun, 29 May 2011 12:46:08 +0000]
cifs/ubifs: Fix shrinker API change fallout

Commit 1495f230fa77 ("vmscan: change shrinker API by passing
shrink_control struct") changed the API of ->shrink(), but missed ubifs
and cifs instances.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agopnfs-obj: pg_test check for max_io_size
Boaz Harrosh [Wed, 25 May 2011 18:25:29 +0000]
pnfs-obj: pg_test check for max_io_size

Implement pg_test vector to test for max IO sizes. We calculate
a max_io_size member only once, and cache it in lseg so to not
do so on every page insert.

Signed-off-by: Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@panasas.com>
[simplify logic]
Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>

8 years agoNFSv4.1: define nfs_generic_pg_test
Boaz Harrosh [Sun, 29 May 2011 08:45:39 +0000]
NFSv4.1: define nfs_generic_pg_test

By default, unless pnfs is used coalesce pages until pg_bsize
(rsize or wsize) is reached.

pnfs layout drivers define their own pg_test methods that use
pnfs_generic_pg_test and need to define their own I/O size
limits (e.g. based on the file stripe size).

[Move a check from nfs_pageio_do_add_request to nfs_generic_pg_test]
Signed-off-by: Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>

8 years agoNFSv4.1: use pnfs_generic_pg_test directly by layout driver
Benny Halevy [Wed, 25 May 2011 17:54:40 +0000]
NFSv4.1: use pnfs_generic_pg_test directly by layout driver

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>