7 years ago[media] DocBook: Use the generic error code page also for MC API
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:37:58 +0000]
[media] DocBook: Use the generic error code page also for MC API

Instead of having their own generic error codes at the MC API, move
its section to the generic one and be sure that all media ioctl's
will point to it.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DocBook: Use the generic ioctl error codes for all V4L ioctl's
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:22:28 +0000]
[media] DocBook: Use the generic ioctl error codes for all V4L ioctl's

Be sure that all VIDIOC_* ioctl are using the return error macro, and
aren't specifying generic error codes internally.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DocBook: Add a chapter to describe media errors
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:07:37 +0000]
[media] DocBook: Add a chapter to describe media errors

There are several errors reported by V4L that aren't described.
They can occur on almost all ioctl's. Instead of adding them
into each ioctl, create a new chapter.

For V4L, the new chapter will automatically be listed on all
places, as there's a macro used everywhere there.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: use S/G DMA by default
Jonathan Corbet [Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:05:28 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: use S/G DMA by default

Scatter/gather DMA mode works nicely on this platform and is clearly the
best way of doing things.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: Working s/g DMA
Jonathan Corbet [Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:05:27 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: Working s/g DMA

The core Marvell camera driver can now do scatter/gather DMA on controllers
which support that functionality.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls.c: add support for V4L2_EVENT_SUB_FL_ALLOW_FEEDBACK
Hans Verkuil [Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:56:22 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls.c: add support for V4L2_EVENT_SUB_FL_ALLOW_FEEDBACK

Normally no control events will go to the filehandle that called the
VIDIOC_S_CTRL/VIDIOC_S_EXT_CTRLS ioctls. This is to prevent a feedback
loop.

This can now be overridden by setting the new V4L2_EVENT_SUB_FL_ALLOW_FEEDBACK
flag.

Based on suggestions from Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com> and
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-event.h: add overview documentation to the header
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:00:36 +0000]
[media] v4l2-event.h: add overview documentation to the header

It's getting confusing who is linking to what, so add an overview at
the start of the header.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls/v4l2-events: small coding style cleanups
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:56:24 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls/v4l2-events: small coding style cleanups

Thanks to Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DocBook: update V4L Event Interface section
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:58:29 +0000]
[media] DocBook: update V4L Event Interface section

Starting with v3.1 the V4L2 API provides certain guarantees with respect to
events. Document these.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-framework.txt: update v4l2_event section
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:14:42 +0000]
[media] v4l2-framework.txt: update v4l2_event section

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-framework.txt: updated v4l2_fh_init documentation
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:13:55 +0000]
[media] v4l2-framework.txt: updated v4l2_fh_init documentation

v4l2_fh_init now returns void instead of int, updated the doc.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: v4l2_ctrl_handler_setup code simplification
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:01:52 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: v4l2_ctrl_handler_setup code simplification

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: split try_or_set_ext_ctrls()
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:56:42 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: split try_or_set_ext_ctrls()

Split try_or_set_ext_ctrls() into a validate_ctrls() part ('Phase 1')
and merge the second part ('Phase 2') into try_set_ext_ctrls().

This makes a lot more sense and it also does the validation before
trying to try/set the controls.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: improve discovery of controls of the same cluster
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:04:06 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: improve discovery of controls of the same cluster

The implementation of VIDIOC_G/S/TRY_EXT_CTRLS in the control framework has
to figure out which controls in the control list belong to the same cluster.
Since controls belonging to the same cluster need to be handled as a unit,
this is important information.

It did that by going over the controls in the list and for each control that
belonged to a multi-control cluster it would walk the remainder of the list
to try and find controls that belong to that same cluster.

This approach has two disadvantages:

1) it was a potentially quadratic algorithm (although highly unlikely that
it would ever be that bad in practice).
2) it took place with the control handler's lock held.

Since we want to make it possible in the future to change control values
from interrupt context, doing a lot of work while holding a lock is not a
good idea.

In the new code the algorithm is no longer quadratic but linear in the
number of controls in the list. Also, it now can be done beforehand.

Another change that was made was to so the try and set at the same time.
Before when S_TRY_EXT_CTRLS was called it would 'try' the controls first,
and then it would 'set' them. The idea was that any 'try' errors would
prevent the 'set' from happening, thus avoiding having partially set
control lists.

However, this caused more problems than it solved because between the 'try'
and the 'set' changes might have happened, so it had to try a second time,
and since actual controls with a try_ctrl op are very rare (and those that
we have just adjust values and do not return an error), I've decided to
drop that two-stage approach and just combine try and set.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: don't initially set CH_VALUE for write-only controls
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 05:42:45 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: don't initially set CH_VALUE for write-only controls

When sending the SEND_INITIAL event for write-only controls the
V4L2_EVENT_CTRL_CH_VALUE flag should not be set. It's meaningless.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-event: add optional merge and replace callbacks
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:02:20 +0000]
[media] v4l2-event: add optional merge and replace callbacks

When the event queue for a subscribed event is full, then the oldest
event is dropped. It would be nice if the contents of that oldest
event could be merged with the next-oldest. That way no information is
lost, only intermediate steps are lost.

This patch adds optional replace() (called when only one kevent was allocated)
and merge() (called when more than one kevent was allocated) callbacks that
will be called to do this job.

These two callbacks are implemented for the V4L2_EVENT_CTRL event.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-event/ctrls/fh: allocate events per fh and per type instead of just...
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:24:17 +0000]
[media] v4l2-event/ctrls/fh: allocate events per fh and per type instead of just per-fh

The driver had to decide how many events to allocate when the v4l2_fh struct
was created. It was possible to add more events afterwards, but there was no
way to ensure that you wouldn't miss important events if the event queue
would fill up for that filehandle.

In addition, once there were no more free events, any new events were simply
dropped on the floor.

For the control event in particular this made life very difficult since
control status/value changes could just be missed if the number of allocated
events and the speed at which the application read events was too low to keep
up with the number of generated events. The application would have no idea
what the latest state was for a control since it could have missed the latest
control change.

So this patch makes some major changes in how events are allocated. Instead
of allocating events per-filehandle they are now allocated when subscribing an
event. So for that particular event type N events (determined by the driver)
are allocated. Those events are reserved for that particular event type.
This ensures that you will not miss events for a particular type altogether.

In addition, if there are N events in use and a new event is raised, then
the oldest event is dropped and the new one is added. So the latest event
is always available.

This can be further improved by adding the ability to merge the state of
two events together, ensuring that no data is lost at all. This will be
added in the next patch.

This also makes it possible to allow the user to determine the number of
events that will be allocated. This is not implemented at the moment, but
would be trivial.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls/event: remove struct v4l2_ctrl_fh, instead use v4l2_subscribed_event
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:55:58 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls/event: remove struct v4l2_ctrl_fh, instead use v4l2_subscribed_event

The v4l2_ctrl_fh struct connected v4l2_ctrl with v4l2_fh so the control
would know which filehandles subscribed to it. However, it is much easier
to use struct v4l2_subscribed_event directly for that and get rid of that
intermediate struct.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-events/fh: merge v4l2_events into v4l2_fh
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:44:42 +0000]
[media] v4l2-events/fh: merge v4l2_events into v4l2_fh

Drivers that supported events used to be rare, but now that controls can also
raise events this will become much more common since almost all drivers have
controls.

This means that keeping struct v4l2_events as a separate struct make no more
sense. Merging it into struct v4l2_fh simplifies things substantially as it
is now an integral part of the filehandle struct.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Add suspend/resume
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:44 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Add suspend/resume

On suspend, remember whether we are streaming or not, and at what frame format,
so that on resume, we can start streaming again.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Reorder video and core ops
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:43 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Reorder video and core ops

This is to avoid needing a forward declaration when ov9740_s_power() (in the
subsequent patch) calls ov9740_s_fmt().

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Remove hardcoded resolution regs
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:42 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Remove hardcoded resolution regs

Derive resolution-dependent register settings programmatically.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Fixed some settings
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:41 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Fixed some settings

Based on vendor feedback, should issue a software reset at start of day.

Also, OV9740_ANALOG_CTRL15 needs to be changed so the sensor does not begin
streaming until it is ready (otherwise, results in a nonsense frame for the
initial frame).

Added a comment on using discontinuous clock.

Finally, OV9740_ISP_CTRL19 needs to be changed to really use YUYV ordering
(the previous value was for VYUY).

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Correct print in ov9740_reg_rmw()
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:40 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Correct print in ov9740_reg_rmw()

The register width of the ov9740 is 16-bits, so correct the debug print
to reflect this.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: ov9740: Cleanup hex casing inconsistencies
Andrew Chew [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:39 +0000]
[media] V4L: ov9740: Cleanup hex casing inconsistencies

Made all hex number casing use lower-case throughout the entire driver
for consistency.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: at91: add Atmel Image Sensor Interface (ISI) support
Josh Wu [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 01:40:19 +0000]
[media] V4L: at91: add Atmel Image Sensor Interface (ISI) support

This patch is to enable Atmel Image Sensor Interface (ISI) driver support.

Signed-off-by: Josh Wu <josh.wu@atmel.com>
Acked-by: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD <plagnioj@jcrosoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: remove several now unused soc-camera client operations
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:24:32 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: remove several now unused soc-camera client operations

This patch removes .enum_input(), .suspend() and .resume() soc-camera
client operations.

Functionality, provided by .enum_input(), if needed, can be implemented
using the v4l2-subdev API.

As for .suspend() and .resume(), the only client driver, implementing
these methods has been mt9m111, and the only host driver, using them
has been pxa-camera. Now that both those drivers have been converted
to the standard subdev .s_power() operation, .suspend() and .resume()
can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: mt9m111: switch to v4l2-subdev .s_power() method
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:27:39 +0000]
[media] V4L: mt9m111: switch to v4l2-subdev .s_power() method

Eliminate soc-camera specific .suspend() and .restore() methods in favour
of the standard v4l2-subdev .s_power() method

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: mt9m111: propagate higher level abstraction down in functions
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:47:30 +0000]
[media] V4L: mt9m111: propagate higher level abstraction down in functions

It is more convenient to propagate the higher level abstraction - the
struct mt9m111 object into functions and then retrieve a pointer to
the i2c client, if needed, than to do the reverse.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Acked-by: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: MIPI flags are not sensor flags
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 20:24:22 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: MIPI flags are not sensor flags

SOCAM_MIPI_[1234]LANE flags are not board-specific sensor flags, they
are bus configuration flags.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: tw9910: remove bogus ENUMINPUT implementation
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 19:48:10 +0000]
[media] V4L: tw9910: remove bogus ENUMINPUT implementation

tw9910 is a TV decoder, it doesn't have a tuner. Besides, the
.enum_input soc-camera operation is optional and normally not needed.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: remove redundant calculations
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:09:02 +0000]
[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: remove redundant calculations

soc_camera core now performs the standard .bytesperline and .sizeimage
calculations internally, no need to duplicate in drivers.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: mx2_camera: .try_fmt shouldn't fail
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:06:47 +0000]
[media] V4L: mx2_camera: .try_fmt shouldn't fail

If the user is requesting too large a frame, instead of failing
select an acceptable geometry, preserving the requested aspect ratio.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: pxa-camera: switch to using subdev .s_power() core operation
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:50:15 +0000]
[media] V4L: pxa-camera: switch to using subdev .s_power() core operation

soc-camera specific .suspend() and .resume() methods are deprecated
and should be replaced by the subdev standard .s_power() operation.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Acked-by: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: pxa-camera: try to force progressive video format
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:44:19 +0000]
[media] V4L: pxa-camera: try to force progressive video format

The pxa-camera driver only supports progressive video so far. Passing
down to the client the same format, as what the user has requested can
result in interlaced video, even if the client supports both. This
patch avoids such cases.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Acked-by: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: pxa_camera: remove redundant calculations
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:42:57 +0000]
[media] V4L: pxa_camera: remove redundant calculations

soc_camera core now performs the standard .bytesperline and .sizeimage
calculations internally, no need to duplicate in drivers.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Acked-by: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L: mx3_camera: remove redundant calculations
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:11:10 +0000]
[media] V4L: mx3_camera: remove redundant calculations

soc_camera core now performs the standard .bytesperline and .sizeimage
calculations internally, no need to duplicate in drivers.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: make manual_mode_value 8 bits and check against control range
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:43:13 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: make manual_mode_value 8 bits and check against control range

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-compat-ioctl32: add VIDIOC_DQEVENT support
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:43:57 +0000]
[media] v4l2-compat-ioctl32: add VIDIOC_DQEVENT support

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] ivtv: add control event support
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:40:42 +0000]
[media] ivtv: add control event support

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] vivi: support control events
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:20:23 +0000]
[media] vivi: support control events

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L2 spec: document control events
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:53:37 +0000]
[media] V4L2 spec: document control events

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: simplify event subscription
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:56:39 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: simplify event subscription

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: add control events
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:13:44 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: add control events

Whenever a control changes value or state an event is sent to anyone
that subscribed to it.

This functionality is useful for control panels but also for applications
that need to wait for (usually status) controls to change value.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: add v4l2_fh pointer to the set control functions
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:47:18 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: add v4l2_fh pointer to the set control functions

When an application changes a control you want to generate an event.
However, you want to avoid sending such an event back to the application
(file handle) that caused the change.

Add the filehandle to the various set control functions.

The filehandle isn't used yet, but the control event patches will need
this.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] vivi: add autogain/gain support to test the autocluster functionality
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:34:41 +0000]
[media] vivi: add autogain/gain support to test the autocluster functionality

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] Documentation: Improve cluster documentation and document the new autoclusters
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:46:53 +0000]
[media] Documentation: Improve cluster documentation and document the new autoclusters

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: add v4l2_ctrl_auto_cluster to simplify autogain/gain scenarios
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:44:36 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: add v4l2_ctrl_auto_cluster to simplify autogain/gain scenarios

It is a bit tricky to handle autogain/gain type scenerios correctly. Such
controls need to be clustered and the V4L2_CTRL_FLAG_UPDATE should be set on
the autofoo controls. In addition, the manual controls should be marked
inactive when the automatic mode is on, and active when the manual mode is on.
This also requires specialized volatile handling.

The chances of drivers doing all these things correctly are pretty remote.
So a new v4l2_ctrl_auto_cluster function was added that takes care of these
issues.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-controls.txt: update to latest v4l2-ctrl.c changes
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 27 May 2011 11:53:37 +0000]
[media] v4l2-controls.txt: update to latest v4l2-ctrl.c changes

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: fix and improve volatile control handling
Hans Verkuil [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:43:34 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: fix and improve volatile control handling

If you have a cluster of controls that is a mix of volatile and non-volatile
controls, then requesting the value of the volatile control would fail if the
master control of that cluster was non-volatile. The code assumed that the
volatile state of the master control was the same for all other controls in
the cluster.

This is now fixed.

In addition, it was clear from bugs in some drivers that it was confusing that
the ctrl->cur union had to be used in g_volatile_ctrl. Several drivers used the
'new' values instead. The framework was changed so that drivers now set the new
value instead of the current value.

This has an additional benefit as well: the volatile values are now only stored
in the 'new' value, leaving the current value alone. This is useful for
autofoo/foo control clusters where you want to have a 'foo' control act like a
volatile control if 'autofoo' is on, but as a normal control when it is off.

Since with this change the cur value is no longer overwritten when g_volatile_ctrl
is called, you can use it to remember the original 'foo' value. For example:

autofoo = 0, foo = 10 and foo is non-volatile.

Now autofoo is set to 1 and foo is marked volatile. Retrieving the foo value
will get the volatile value. Set autofoo back to 0, which marks foo as non-
volatile again, and retrieving foo will get the old current value of 10.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-subdev: implement per-filehandle control handlers
Hans Verkuil [Wed, 25 May 2011 11:52:13 +0000]
[media] v4l2-subdev: implement per-filehandle control handlers

To be consistent with v4l2-ioctl.c.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ioctl: add ctrl_handler to v4l2_fh
Hans Verkuil [Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:54:43 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ioctl: add ctrl_handler to v4l2_fh

This is required to implement control events and is also needed to allow
for per-filehandle control handlers.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: drivers should be able to ignore the READ_ONLY flag
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:50:31 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: drivers should be able to ignore the READ_ONLY flag

When applications try to set READ_ONLY controls an error should
be returned. However, when drivers do that it should be accepted.

Those controls could reflect some driver status which the application
can't change but the driver obviously has to be able to change it.

This is needed among others for future HDMI status controls.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: simplify error_idx handling
Hans Verkuil [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:40:04 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: simplify error_idx handling

The lower-level prepare functions just set error_idx for each control that
might have an error. The high-level functions will override this with
cs->count in the get and set cases. Only try will keep the error_idx.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ctrls: introduce call_op define
Hans Verkuil [Wed, 25 May 2011 09:04:58 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ctrls: introduce call_op define

Add the call_op define to safely call the control ops. This also allows
for controls without any ops such as the 'control class' controls.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DocBook/v4l: Document the new system-wide version behavior
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:11:52 +0000]
[media] DocBook/v4l: Document the new system-wide version behavior

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] radio: Use the subsystem version control for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:15:42 +0000]
[media] radio: Use the subsystem version control for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

Just like the video drivers, the right thing to do is to use
the per-subsystem version control.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] Stop using linux/version.h on the remaining video drivers
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:28:37 +0000]
[media] Stop using linux/version.h on the remaining video drivers

Standardize the remaining video drivers to return the API version
for the VIDIOC_QUERYCAP version, instead of a per-driver version.

Those drivers had the version updated more recently or are SoC
drivers. Even so, it doesn't sound a good idea to keep a per-driver
version control, so, let's use the per-subsystem version control
instead.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] gspca: don't include linux/version.h
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:28:38 +0000]
[media] gspca: don't include linux/version.h

Instead of handling a per-driver driver version, use the
per-subsystem one.

As reviewed by Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@free.fr>:
- the 'info' may be simplified:

Reviewed-by: Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Acked-by: Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:50:37 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

uvcvideo doesn't use vidioc_ioctl2. As the API is changing to use
a common version for all drivers, we need to expliticly fix this
driver.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] sn9c102: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:43:22 +0000]
[media] sn9c102: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

sn9c102 doesn't use vidioc_ioctl2. As the API is changing to use
a common version for all drivers, we need to expliticly fix this
driver.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] pvrusb2: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:34:24 +0000]
[media] pvrusb2: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

pvrusb2 doesn't use vidioc_ioctl2. As the API is changing to use
a common version for all drivers, we need to expliticly fix this
driver.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] et61x251: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:57:04 +0000]
[media] et61x251: Use LINUX_VERSION_CODE for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

et61x251 doesn't use vidioc_ioctl2. As the API is changing to use
a common version for all drivers, we need to expliticly fix this
driver.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] ivtv,cx18: Use default version control for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:23:01 +0000]
[media] ivtv,cx18: Use default version control for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

After discussing with Andy Walls on irc, we've agreed that this
is the best thing to do. No regressions will be introduced, as 3.x.y
is greater then the current versions for cx18 and ivtv.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] pwc: Use the default version for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:07:39 +0000]
[media] pwc: Use the default version for VIDIOC_QUERYCAP

After discussing with Hans, change pwc to use the default version
control.

The only version ever used for pwc driver is 10.0.12, due to
commit 2b455db6d456ef2d44808a8377fd3bc832e08317.

Changing it to 3.x.y won't conflict with the old version.
There's no namespace conflicts in any predictable future.

Even on the remote far-away case where we might have a conflict,
it will be on just one specific stable Kernel release (Kernel 10.0.12),
if we ever have such stable release.

So, it is safe and consistent on using 3.x.y numering schema for
it.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] Stop using linux/version.h on most video drivers
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:45:49 +0000]
[media] Stop using linux/version.h on most video drivers

All the modified drivers didn't have any version increment since
Jan, 1 2011. Several of them didn't have any version increment
for a long time, even having new features and important bug fixes
happening.

As we're now filling the QUERYCAP version with the current Kernel
Release, we don't need to maintain a per-driver version control
anymore. So, let's just use the default.

In order to preserve the Kernel module version history, a
KERNEL_VERSION() macro were added to all modified drivers, and
the extraver number were incremented.

I opted to preserve the per-driver version control to a few
pwc, pvrusb2, s2255, s5p-fimc and sh_vou.

A few drivers are still using the legacy way to handle ioctl's.
So, we can't do such change on them, otherwise, they'll break.
Those are: uvc, et61x251 and sn9c102.

The rationale is that the per-driver version control seems to be
actively maintained on those.

Yet, I think that the better for them would be to just use the
default version numbering, instead of doing that by themselves.

While here, removed a few uneeded include linux/version.h

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] drxd, siano: Remove unused include linux/version.h
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:39:36 +0000]
[media] drxd, siano: Remove unused include linux/version.h

Both drxd and siano drivers were including linux/version.h without
any reason. Probably, this is due to some compatibility code that
used to exist before having their support added into the Linux
Kernel.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l2-ioctl: Add a default value for kernel version
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:14:14 +0000]
[media] v4l2-ioctl: Add a default value for kernel version

Most drivers don't increase kernel versions as newer features are added or
bug fixes are solved. So, vidioc_querycap returned value for cap->version is
meaningless. Instead of keeping this situation forever, let's add a default
value matching the current Linux version.

Drivers that want to keep their own version control can still do it, as they
can override the default value for cap->version.

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DocBook/v4l: Remove references to the old V4L1 compat layer
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:28:08 +0000]
[media] DocBook/v4l: Remove references to the old V4L1 compat layer

The old V4L1 Kernel copatibility layer was removed, but the API
spec still says that it is there.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: implement contiguous DMA operation
Jonathan Corbet [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:14:40 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: implement contiguous DMA operation

The core driver can now operate in either vmalloc or dma-contig modes;
obviously the latter is preferable when it is supported.  Default is
currently vmalloc on all platforms; load the module with buffer_mode=1 for
contiguous DMA mode.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: Don't spam the logs on frame loss
Jonathan Corbet [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:14:39 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: Don't spam the logs on frame loss

The sequence numbers already give that information if user space cares;
this is a frequent occurrence on slower machines, alas.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: no need to initialize the DMA buffers
Jonathan Corbet [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:14:38 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: no need to initialize the DMA buffers

This was an old debugging thing from years ago.  It's only done at
initialization time, but it's still unnecessary; take it out.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: include file cleanup
Jonathan Corbet [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:14:37 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: include file cleanup

Put the includes into a slightly more readable ordering and get rid of a
few unneeded ones.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] marvell-cam: convert to videobuf2
Jonathan Corbet [Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:14:36 +0000]
[media] marvell-cam: convert to videobuf2

This is a basic, naive conversion to the videobuf2 infrastructure, removing
a lot of code in the process.  For now, we're using vmalloc, which is
suboptimal, but it does match what the cafe driver did before.  In the cafe
case, it may have to stay that way just because memory is too tight to do
direct streaming; mmp-camera will be able to do better.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] v4l: Fix minor typos in the documentation
Sylwester Nawrocki [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:52:21 +0000]
[media] v4l: Fix minor typos in the documentation

Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <snjw23@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: Readme text for Dm6446 vpbe
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:36 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: Readme text for Dm6446 vpbe

Please refer to this file for detailed documentation of
davinci vpbe v4l2 driver.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: Build infrastructure for VPBE driver
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:35 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: Build infrastructure for VPBE driver

This patch adds the build infra-structure for Davinci
VPBE dislay driver.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: VENC( Video Encoder) implementation
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:34 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: VENC( Video Encoder) implementation

This patch adds the VENC or the Video encoder, which is responsible
for the blending of all source planes and timing generation for Video
modes like NTSC, PAL and other digital outputs. the VENC implementation
currently supports COMPOSITE and COMPONENT outputs and NTSC and PAL
resolutions through the analog DACs. The venc block is implemented
as a subdevice, allowing for additional external and internal encoders
of other kind to plug-in.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: OSD(On Screen Display) block
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:33 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: OSD(On Screen Display) block

This patch implements the functionality of the OSD block
of the VPBE. The OSD in total supports 4 planes or Video
sources - 2 mainly RGB and 2 Video. The patch implements general
handling of all the planes, with specific emphasis on the Video
plane capabilities as the Video planes are supported through the
V4L2 driver.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: VPBE display driver
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:32 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: VPBE display driver

This patch implements the core functionality of the display driver,
mainly controlling the VENC and other encoders, and acting as
the one point interface for the main V4L2 driver. This implements
the core of each of the V4L2 IOCTLs.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] davinci vpbe: V4L2 display driver for DM644X SoC
Manjunath Hadli [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:01:31 +0000]
[media] davinci vpbe: V4L2 display driver for DM644X SoC

This is the display driver for Texas Instruments's DM644X family
SoC. This patch contains the main implementation of the driver with the
V4L2 interface. The driver implements the streaming model with
support for both kernel allocated buffers and user pointers. It also
implements all of the necessary IOCTLs necessary and supported by the
video display device.

Signed-off-by: Manjunath Hadli <manjunath.hadli@ti.com>
Acked-by: Muralidharan Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DVB: dvb-net, make the kconfig text helpful
Jiri Slaby [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:06:56 +0000]
[media] DVB: dvb-net, make the kconfig text helpful

Telling the user they can disable an option if they want is not the
much useful. Describe what it is good for instead.

The text was derived from Mauro's email.

Signed-off-by: Jiri Slaby <jslaby@suse.cz>
Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>
Cc: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Acked-by: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] dvb: remove unnecessary code
Greg Dietsche [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:33:35 +0000]
[media] dvb: remove unnecessary code

remove unnecessary code that matches this coccinelle pattern
if (...)
return ret;
return ret;

Signed-off-by: Greg Dietsche <Gregory.Dietsche@cuw.edu>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] dvb-usb/technisat-usb2: don't use flush_scheduled_work()
Tejun Heo [Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:32:06 +0000]
[media] dvb-usb/technisat-usb2: don't use flush_scheduled_work()

flush_scheduled_work() is deprecated and scheduled to be removed.
technisat-usb2 already sync-cancels the only work item it uses and
there's no reason for it to call flush_scheduled_work().  Don't use
it.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Cc: Patrick Boettcher <pboettcher@kernellabs.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] DVB API: Mention the dvbM device
Bjørn Mork [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:59:14 +0000]
[media] DVB API: Mention the dvbM device

Signed-off-by: Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] V4L1 API has been moved into "legacy" on the linuxtv.org site
Bjørn Mork [Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:42:47 +0000]
[media] V4L1 API has been moved into "legacy" on the linuxtv.org site

Signed-off-by: Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] tea575x: remove useless input ioctls
Ondrej Zary [Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:37:29 +0000]
[media] tea575x: remove useless input ioctls

Remove empty and useless g_input and s_input ioctls.
This fixes one fail of v4l2-compliance test.

Signed-off-by: Ondrej Zary <linux@rainbow-software.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] tea575x: allow multiple opens
Ondrej Zary [Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:28:59 +0000]
[media] tea575x: allow multiple opens

Change locking to allow tea575x-radio device to be opened multiple times.

Signed-off-by: Ondrej Zary <linux@rainbow-software.org>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] radio-timb: Simplified platform data
Richard Röjfors [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:48:48 +0000]
[media] radio-timb: Simplified platform data

This patch simplifies the platform data slightly, by removing
unused elements.

Signed-off-by: Richard Röjfors <richard.rojfors@pelagicore.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] media: DVB_NET must depend on DVB_CORE
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:43:26 +0000]
[media] media: DVB_NET must depend on DVB_CORE

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx23885: Add IR Rx support for HVR-1270 boards
Andy Walls [Thu, 9 Jun 2011 00:24:25 +0000]
[media] cx23885: Add IR Rx support for HVR-1270 boards

Signed-off-by: Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx231xx: Add support for Hauppauge WinTV USB2-FM
Peter Moon [Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:54:19 +0000]
[media] cx231xx: Add support for Hauppauge WinTV USB2-FM

This patch adds support for the "Hauppauge WinTV USB2-FM" Analog TV Stick.
It includes support for both the PAL and NTSC variants of the device.

Signed-off-by: Peter Moon <pomoon@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@hauppauge.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] frontends/s5h1420: Change: clock_settting to clock_setting
Justin P. Mattock [Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:11:52 +0000]
[media] frontends/s5h1420: Change: clock_settting to clock_setting

Changes clock_settting to clock_setting.

Note: This could be intentionally set this way from the beginning and/or
is a typo.

Signed-off-by: Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx88: replaced duplicated code with function call
istvan_v@mailbox.hu [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:21:02 +0000]
[media] cx88: replaced duplicated code with function call

The following patch replaces code to reset the XC3028 tuner with a call
to the tuner reset callback.

Signed-off-by: Istvan Varga <istvan_v@mailbox.hu>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx88: added support for Leadtek WinFast DTV1800 H with XC4000 tuner
istvan_v@mailbox.hu [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:16:56 +0000]
[media] cx88: added support for Leadtek WinFast DTV1800 H with XC4000 tuner

This patch implements support for the Leadtek WinFast DTV1800 H card with
XC4000 tuner (107d:6f38).

Signed-off-by: Istvan Varga <istvan_v@mailbox.hu>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx88: added support for Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H Plus
istvan_v@mailbox.hu [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:14:53 +0000]
[media] cx88: added support for Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H Plus

This patch implements support for the Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H Plus card
with XC4000 tuner (107d:6f42).

Signed-off-by: Istvan Varga <istvan_v@mailbox.hu>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] cx88: added XC4000 tuner callback and DVB attach functions
istvan_v@mailbox.hu [Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:12:29 +0000]
[media] cx88: added XC4000 tuner callback and DVB attach functions

Added functions for XC4000 tuner reset and attaching DVB frontend.

Signed-off-by: Istvan Varga <istvan_v@mailbox.hu>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] em28xx: Mark Kworld 305 as validated
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 18 Jun 2011 02:18:21 +0000]
[media] em28xx: Mark Kworld 305 as validated

This board were used for testing the em28xx-alsa using a separate interface.
So, it is obviously validated ;)

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] em28xx: Add support for devices with a separate audio interface
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:15:12 +0000]
[media] em28xx: Add support for devices with a separate audio interface

Some devices use a separate interface for the vendor audio class.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

7 years ago[media] em28xx-audio: Some Alsa API fixes
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:39:31 +0000]
[media] em28xx-audio: Some Alsa API fixes

Mark the alsa stream with SNDRV_PCM_INFO_BATCH,
as the timing to get audio streams can vary.

Also, add SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER for pause/release.

while here, fix the stop indicator, to be sure that audio
will be properly released at the stop events.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>