8 years agodrm/ttm: introduce callback for ttm_tt populate & unpopulate V4
Jerome Glisse [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 03:59:28 +0000]
drm/ttm: introduce callback for ttm_tt populate & unpopulate V4

Move the page allocation and freeing to driver callback and
provide ttm code helper function for those.

Most intrusive change, is the fact that we now only fully
populate an object this simplify some of code designed around
the page fault design.

V2 Rebase on top of memory accounting overhaul
V3 New rebase on top of more memory accouting changes
V4 Rebase on top of no memory account changes (where/when is my
   delorean when i need it ?)

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: merge ttm_backend and ttm_tt V5
Jerome Glisse [Wed, 2 Nov 2011 00:46:13 +0000]
drm/ttm: merge ttm_backend and ttm_tt V5

ttm_backend will only exist with a ttm_tt, and ttm_tt
will only be of interest when bound to a backend. Merge them
to avoid code and data duplication.

V2 Rebase on top of memory accounting overhaul
V3 Rebase on top of more memory accounting changes
V4 Rebase on top of no memory account changes (where/when is my
   delorean when i need it ?)
V5 make sure ttm is unbound before destroying, change commit
   message on suggestion from Tormod Volden

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: page allocation use page array instead of list
Jerome Glisse [Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:24:09 +0000]
drm/ttm: page allocation use page array instead of list

Use the ttm_tt pages array for pages allocations, move the list
unwinding into the page allocation functions.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: test for dma_address array allocation failure
Jerome Glisse [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 23:07:31 +0000]
drm/ttm: test for dma_address array allocation failure

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: use ttm put pages function to properly restore cache attribute
Jerome Glisse [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 05:22:39 +0000]
drm/ttm: use ttm put pages function to properly restore cache attribute

On failure we need to make sure the page we free has wb cache
attribute. Do this pas call the proper ttm page helper function.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: remove unused backend flags field
Jerome Glisse [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:48:33 +0000]
drm/ttm: remove unused backend flags field

This field is not use by any of the driver just drop it.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: remove split btw highmen and lowmem page
Jerome Glisse [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:57:22 +0000]
drm/ttm: remove split btw highmen and lowmem page

Split btw highmem and lowmem page was rendered useless by the
pool code. Remove it. Note further cleanup would change the
ttm page allocation helper to actualy take an array instead
of relying on list this could drasticly reduce the number of
function call in the common case of allocation whole buffer.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agodrm/ttm: remove userspace backed ttm object support
Jerome Glisse [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:45:57 +0000]
drm/ttm: remove userspace backed ttm object support

This was never use in none of the driver, properly using userspace
page for bo would need more code (vma interaction mostly). Removing
this dead code in preparation of ttm_tt & backend merge.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>

8 years agoswiotlb: Expose swiotlb_nr_tlb function to modules
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk [Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:50:56 +0000]
swiotlb: Expose swiotlb_nr_tlb function to modules

As a mechanism to detect whether SWIOTLB is enabled or not.
We also fix the spelling - it was swioltb instead of
swiotlb.

CC: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp>
[v1: Ripped out swiotlb_enabled]
Signed-off-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>

8 years agodrm: Merge branch 'drm-cleanups-jbarnes' into drm-core-next
Dave Airlie [Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:28:21 +0000]
drm: Merge branch 'drm-cleanups-jbarnes' into drm-core-next

Merge topic branch with some of Jesse's cleanups, the save/restore hooks
were being used by GMA500 so we can't just drop them.

* drm-cleanups-jbarnes:
  drm: remove some potentially dangerous DRM_ERRORs
  drm: document the drm_mode_config structure
  drm: document the drm_mode_group structure
  drm: document and cleanup drm_mode_config_funcs
  drm: document drm_mode_set structure
  drm: remove unused fields in drm_connector and document the rest
  drm: add drm_encoder comments
  drm: add comments for drm_encoder_funcs
  drm: fix comments for drm_crtc struct
  drm: remove unused connector_count field from drm_display_mode

8 years agodrm: remove some potentially dangerous DRM_ERRORs
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:23 +0000]
drm: remove some potentially dangerous DRM_ERRORs

Each of these error messages can be caused by a broken or malicious
userspace wanting to spam the dmesg with useless info.  They're really
not worthy of DRM_DEBUG statements either; those are generally only
useful during bringup of new hardware or versions, and ought to be
removed before going upstream anyway.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: document the drm_mode_config structure
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:22 +0000]
drm: document the drm_mode_config structure

Including a comment about what the locks are for.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: document the drm_mode_group structure
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:21 +0000]
drm: document the drm_mode_group structure

This is actually a core structure with a big future ahead of it.  Make
it a little less mysterious.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: document and cleanup drm_mode_config_funcs
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:20 +0000]
drm: document and cleanup drm_mode_config_funcs

Just fix the wrapping mostly.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: document drm_mode_set structure
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:19 +0000]
drm: document drm_mode_set structure

This is a core mode setting structure that deserves a little verbiage.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: remove unused fields in drm_connector and document the rest
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:18 +0000]
drm: remove unused fields in drm_connector and document the rest

We never used initial_x/y or the force_encoder_id, so drop those fields
and proide a basic description of the others.

Really, the ELD bits belong in drm_display_info rather than directly in
the connector, but that's a separate cleanup.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: add drm_encoder comments
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:17 +0000]
drm: add drm_encoder comments

Just some basic comments about the place and function of the structure
and fields.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: add comments for drm_encoder_funcs
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:16 +0000]
drm: add comments for drm_encoder_funcs

Just basic verbiage.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: fix comments for drm_crtc struct
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:14 +0000]
drm: fix comments for drm_crtc struct

Remove stale entries and update with the latest stuff.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: remove unused connector_count field from drm_display_mode
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:03:12 +0000]
drm: remove unused connector_count field from drm_display_mode

Doesn't really belong here anyway.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: Merge branch 'drm-gma500-alancox' into drm-core-next
Dave Airlie [Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:59:52 +0000]
drm: Merge branch 'drm-gma500-alancox' into drm-core-next

This merges a topic branch containing patches from Alan for the GMA500 driver.

* drm-gma500-alancox:
  gma500: Oaktrail BIOS handling
  gma500: Fix oaktrail probing part 1
  gma500: Be smarter about layout
  gma500: gtt based hardware scrolling console
  gma500: frame buffer locking
  gma500: Fix backlight crash
  gma500: kill bogus code
  gma500: Convert spaces to tabs in accel_2d.c.
  gma500: do a pass over the FIXME tags
  gma500: Add VBLANK support for Poulsbo hardware
  gma500: Don't enable MSI on Poulsbo
  gma500: Only register interrupt handler for poulsbo hardware
  gma500: kill virtual mapping support
  gma500: Move the API
  gma500: kill off NUM_PIPE define
  gma500: Rename the ioctls to avoid clashing with the legacy drivers
  drm/gma500: begin pruning dead bits of API

8 years agogma500: Oaktrail BIOS handling
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:57 +0000]
gma500: Oaktrail BIOS handling

Now that we pull the right BIOS data out of the hat we need to use it when
doing our panel setup.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Fix oaktrail probing part 1
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:45 +0000]
gma500: Fix oaktrail probing part 1

The Oaktrail platform does not use the GCT/VBT format that is used by the
Moorestowm (non PC legacy) equivalent device. It uses the BIOS tables which
means an opregion and the like.

The current code uses the wrong table which breaks things like the Fujitsu
q550 tablets. Fix the table usage as a first step.

The problem was found and diagnosed by Chia-I Wu

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Be smarter about layout
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:34 +0000]
gma500: Be smarter about layout

If we can't fit a page aligned display stride then it's not the end of the
world for a normal font, so try half a page and work down sizes.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: gtt based hardware scrolling console
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:22 +0000]
gma500: gtt based hardware scrolling console

Add support for GTT based scrolling. Instead of pushing bits around we simply
use the GTT to change the mappings. This provides us with a very fast way to
scroll the display providing we have enough memory to allocate on 4K line
boundaries. In practice this seems to be the case except for very big displays
such as HDMI, and the usual configurations are netbooks/tablets.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: frame buffer locking
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:10 +0000]
gma500: frame buffer locking

If we are the console then a printk can hit us with a spin lock held (and
in fact the kernel will do its best to take the console printing lock).

In that case we cannot politely sleep when synching after an accelerated op
but must behave obnoxiously to be sure of getting the bits out.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Fix backlight crash
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:26:58 +0000]
gma500: Fix backlight crash

Initial changes to get backlight behaviour we want and to fix backlight crashes
on suspend/resume paths.

[Note: on some boxes this will now produce a warning about the backlight, this
 isn't a regression it's an unfixed but non harmful case I still need to nail]

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: kill bogus code
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:26:44 +0000]
gma500: kill bogus code

During the power split ups and work a chunk of code escaped into the
Poulsbo code path which it isn't for. On some devices such as the Dell
mini-10 this causes problems.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Convert spaces to tabs in accel_2d.c.
Akshay Joshi [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:22:13 +0000]
gma500: Convert spaces to tabs in accel_2d.c.

Convert the spaces within the accel_2d.c file to tabs in order to comply
with the coding style of the kernel.

Signed-off-by: Akshay Joshi <me@akshayjoshi.com>
[Trimmed to subset relevant to current tree]
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: do a pass over the FIXME tags
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:21:03 +0000]
gma500: do a pass over the FIXME tags

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add VBLANK support for Poulsbo hardware
Patrik Jakobsson [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:20:34 +0000]
gma500: Add VBLANK support for Poulsbo hardware

Signed-off-by: Patrik Jakobsson <patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Don't enable MSI on Poulsbo
Patrik Jakobsson [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:20:20 +0000]
gma500: Don't enable MSI on Poulsbo

Chipset reports MSI capabilities for Poulsbo even though it isn't really there.

Signed-off-by: Patrik Jakobsson <patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Only register interrupt handler for poulsbo hardware
Patrik Jakobsson [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:20:07 +0000]
gma500: Only register interrupt handler for poulsbo hardware

First step in adding proper irq handling. We'll start with poulsbo support so
make sure other chips don't touch drm_irq_install().

Signed-off-by: Patrik Jakobsson <patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: kill virtual mapping support
Alan Cox [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:19:47 +0000]
gma500: kill virtual mapping support

This isn't actually usable - we simply don't have the vmap space on a 32bit
system to do this stunt. Instead we will rely on the low level drivers
limiting the console resolution as before.

The real fix is for someone to write a page table aware version of the
framebuffer console blit functions. Good university student project
perhaps..

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Move the API
Alan Cox [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:39:45 +0000]
gma500: Move the API

Finally move the API where it can be seen

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: kill off NUM_PIPE define
Alan Cox [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:39:32 +0000]
gma500: kill off NUM_PIPE define

We don't want this external in case someone adds more to the hardware. We
want it out of the ABI.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Rename the ioctls to avoid clashing with the legacy drivers
Alan Cox [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:39:18 +0000]
gma500: Rename the ioctls to avoid clashing with the legacy drivers

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/gma500: begin pruning dead bits of API
Alan Cox [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:38:42 +0000]
drm/gma500: begin pruning dead bits of API

At this point we won't add an external set of definitions. We want to get
everything out before we admit to a public API beyond the standardised
ones.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: Redefine pixel formats
Ville Syrjälä [Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:05:13 +0000]
drm: Redefine pixel formats

Name the formats as DRM_FORMAT_X instead of DRM_FOURCC_X. Use consistent
names, especially for the RGB formats. Component order and byte order are
now strictly specified for each format.

The RGB format naming follows a convention where the components names
and sizes are listed from left to right, matching the order within a
single pixel from most significant bit to least significant bit.

The YUV format names vary more. For the 4:2:2 packed formats and 2
plane formats use the fourcc. For the three plane formats the
name includes the plane order and subsampling information using the
standard subsampling notation. Some of those also happen to match
the official fourcc definition.

The fourccs for for all the RGB formats and some of the YUV formats
I invented myself. The idea was that looking at just the fourcc you
get some idea what the format is about without having to decode it
using some external reference.

Signed-off-by: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: move the fb bpp/depth helper into the core.
Dave Airlie [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:02:54 +0000]
drm: move the fb bpp/depth helper into the core.

This is used by nearly everyone including vmwgfx which doesn't generally
use the fb helper.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix up for BIG ENDIAN breakage
Dave Airlie [Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:42:50 +0000]
drm/radeon/kms: fix up for BIG ENDIAN breakage

Commit 308e5bcbdb10 ("drm: add an fb creation ioctl that takes a pixel
format v5") missed one spot needing to be fixed up in the __BIG_ENDIAN
case.

Fixes build error:

drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_fb.c: In function
'radeonfb_create_pinned_object':
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_fb.c:144:18: error: 'struct drm_mode_fb_cmd2'
has no member named 'bpp'

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/gma500: fix compile error
Ilija Hadzic [Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:08:33 +0000]
drm/gma500: fix compile error

fops field in drm_driver is a pointer to file_operations
struct, not embedded structure

Signed-off-by: Ilija Hadzic <ihadzic@research.bell-labs.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/gma500: remove genrated file
Ilija Hadzic [Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:08:32 +0000]
drm/gma500: remove genrated file

psb_gfx.mod.c is a generated file and should not be
revision controlled

Signed-off-by: Ilija Hadzic <ihadzic@research.bell-labs.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/gma500: port framebuffer to new plane interface.
Dave Airlie [Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:08:46 +0000]
drm/gma500: port framebuffer to new plane interface.

This takes over the staging change into the mainline driver.

Fixes -next part one.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm/staging/gma500: fix linux-next build
Jesse Barnes [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:42:49 +0000]
drm/staging/gma500: fix linux-next build

Here's a patch to move things over to the new addfb2 interfaces at
least.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'drm-gma500-alanc' into drm-core-next
Dave Airlie [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:15:16 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-gma500-alanc' into drm-core-next

* drm-gma500-alanc:
  gma500: Now connect up to the DRM build to finish the job
  gma500: fixup build versus latest header changes.
  gma500: Add support for Cedarview
  gma500: Add Oaktrail support
  gma500: Add Poulsbo support
  gma500: Add the core DRM files and headers
  gma500: Add the i2c bus support
  gma500: Add the glue to the various BIOS and firmware interfaces
  gma500: Add device framework
  gma500: introduce the framebuffer support code
  gma500: introduce the GTT and MMU handling logic
  gma500: GEM and GEM glue
  gma500: Move the basic driver out of staging

8 years agogma500: Now connect up to the DRM build to finish the job
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:48 +0000]
gma500: Now connect up to the DRM build to finish the job

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: fixup build versus latest header changes.
Dave Airlie [Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:13:30 +0000]
gma500: fixup build versus latest header changes.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add support for Cedarview
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:37 +0000]
gma500: Add support for Cedarview

Again this is similar but has some differences so we have a set of plug in
support. This does make the driver bigger than is needed in some respects
but the tradeoff for maintainability is huge.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add Oaktrail support
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:26 +0000]
gma500: Add Oaktrail support

Oaktrail (GMA600) is found on some tablet/slate PC type systems. It's a bit
different to the GMA500 but similar enough it makes sense to plug it into
the same driver.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add Poulsbo support
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:15 +0000]
gma500: Add Poulsbo support

This provides the specific code for Poulsbo, some of which is also used for
the later chipsets. We support the GTT, the 2D engine (for console), and
the display setup/management. We do not support 3D or the video overlays.

In theory enough public info is available to do the video overlay work
but that represents a large task.

Framebuffer X will run nicely with this but do *NOT* use the VESA X
server at the same time as KMS. With a Dell mini 10 things like Xfce4 are
nice and usable even when compositing as the CPU has a good path to the
memory.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add the core DRM files and headers
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:04 +0000]
gma500: Add the core DRM files and headers

Not really a nice way to split this up further for submission. This
provides all the DRM interfacing logic, the headers and relevant glue.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add the i2c bus support
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:21:53 +0000]
gma500: Add the i2c bus support

Again this might be a candidate for sharing later.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add the glue to the various BIOS and firmware interfaces
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:21:42 +0000]
gma500: Add the glue to the various BIOS and firmware interfaces

Some of this should one day become a library shared by i915 and gma500 I
suspct. Best however to deal with that later once it is all nice and
stably merged.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Add device framework
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:21:31 +0000]
gma500: Add device framework

The devices have various internal differences so we have some abstractions
to hide the ugly differences and we then wrap them up in standard
interfaces. Add these bits

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: introduce the framebuffer support code
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:21:20 +0000]
gma500: introduce the framebuffer support code

We support 2D acceleration on some devices but we try and do tricks with
the GTT as a starting point as this is far faster. The GTT logic could be
improved further but for most display sizes it already makes a pretty good
decision.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: introduce the GTT and MMU handling logic
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:21:09 +0000]
gma500: introduce the GTT and MMU handling logic

This fits alongside the GEM support to manage our resources on the card
itself. It's not actually clear we need to configure the MMU at all.
Further research is needed before removing it entirely. For now we suck it
in (slightly abused) from the old semi-free driver.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: GEM and GEM glue
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:20:58 +0000]
gma500: GEM and GEM glue

The driver uses GEM along with a couple of small bits of wrapping of its
own. The only real oddity here is the support for using the 'stolen' memory
rather than wasting several MB.

We use a simple resource manager as we don't need to manage our space
intensively at all as we only do 2D work. We also have a GTT which is
entirely GPU facing so in the Cedarview case are not even allocating from
host address space.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agogma500: Move the basic driver out of staging
Alan Cox [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:20:47 +0000]
gma500: Move the basic driver out of staging

This driver supports unaccelerated KMS display, and accelerated console
handling on the Intel Poulsbo, Oaktrail, Cedarview and Medfield hardware.

For the initial merge Medfield will be left out as it needs considerable
further work to reach a decent standard

Begin by adding the Makefiles and Kconfig. These are not yet plumbed into
the DRM layer so will have no effect on their own

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agoMerge branch 'drm-plane-jbarnes' into drm-core-next
Dave Airlie [Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:57:59 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-plane-jbarnes' into drm-core-next

* drm-plane-jbarnes:
  drm: add an fb creation ioctl that takes a pixel format v5
  drm: add plane support v3

8 years agodrm: add an fb creation ioctl that takes a pixel format v5
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:51:28 +0000]
drm: add an fb creation ioctl that takes a pixel format v5

To properly support the various plane formats supported by different
hardware, the kernel must know the pixel format of a framebuffer object.
So add a new ioctl taking a format argument corresponding to a fourcc
name from the new drm_fourcc.h header file.  Implement the fb creation
hooks in terms of the new mode_fb_cmd2 using helpers where the old
bpp/depth values are needed.

v2: create DRM specific fourcc header file for sharing with libdrm etc
v3: fix rebase failure and use DRM fourcc codes in intel_display.c and
    update commit message
v4: make fb_cmd2 handle field into an array for multi-object formats
    pull in Ville's fix for the memcpy in drm_plane_init
    apply Ville's cleanup to zero out fb_cmd2 arg in drm_mode_addfb
v5: add 'flags' field for interlaced support (from Ville)

Signed-off-by: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com>
Acked-by: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Reviewed-by: Rob Clark <rob.clark@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: add plane support v3
Jesse Barnes [Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:51:27 +0000]
drm: add plane support v3

Planes are a bit like half-CRTCs.  They have a location and fb, but
don't drive outputs directly.  Add support for handling them to the core
KMS code.

v2: fix ABI of get_plane - move format_type_ptr to the end
v3: add 'flags' field for interlaced support (from Ville)

Acked-by: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Reviewed-by: Rob Clark <rob.clark@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Signed-off-by: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: Make the per-driver file_operations struct const
Arjan van de Ven [Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:28:57 +0000]
drm: Make the per-driver file_operations struct const

From fdf1fdebaa00f81de18c227f32f8074c8b352d50 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:06:07 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] drm: Make the per-driver file_operations struct const

The DRM layer keeps a copy of struct file_operations inside its
big driver struct... which prevents it from being consistent and static.
For consistency (and the general security objective of having such things
static), it's desirable to get this fixed.

This patch splits out the file_operations field to its own struct,
which is then "static const", and just stick a pointer to this into
the driver struct, making it more consistent with how the rest of the
kernel does this.

Signed-off-by: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agodrm: avoid switching to text console if there is no panic timeout
Hugh Dickins [Tue, 18 Oct 2011 00:06:40 +0000]
drm: avoid switching to text console if there is no panic timeout

Add a check for panic_timeout in the drm_fb_helper_panic() notifier: if
we're going to reboot immediately, the user will not be able to see the
messages anyway, and messing with the video mode may display artifacts,
and certainly get into several layers of complexity (including mutexes and
memory allocations) which we shall be much safer to avoid.

Signed-off-by: Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com>
[ Edited commit message and modified to short-circuit panic_timeout < 0
  instead of testing panic_timeout >= 0.  -Mandeep ]
Signed-off-by: Mandeep Singh Baines <msb@chromium.org>
Acked-by: David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
Acked-by: Stéphane Marchesin <marcheu@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agoLinux 3.2-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 8 Nov 2011 00:16:02 +0000]
Linux 3.2-rc1

.. with new name.  Because nothing says "really solid kernel release"
like naming it after an extinct animal that just happened to be in the
news lately.

8 years agoMerge branch 'fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 8 Nov 2011 00:14:26 +0000]
Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap

* 'fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap: (31 commits)
  ARM: OMAP: Fix export.h or module.h includes
  ARM: OMAP: omap_device: Include linux/export.h
  ARM: OMAP2: Fix H4 matrix keyboard warning
  ARM: OMAP1: Remove unused omap-alsa.h
  ARM: OMAP1: Fix warnings about enabling 32 KiHz timer
  ARM: OMAP2+: timer: Remove omap_device_pm_latency
  ARM: OMAP2+: clock data: Remove redundant timer clkdev
  ARM: OMAP: Devkit8000: Remove double omap_mux_init_gpio
  ARM: OMAP: usb: musb: OMAP: Delete unused function
  MAINTAINERS: Update linux-omap git repository
  ARM: OMAP: change get_context_loss_count ret value to int
  ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: configure SDMMC1_DR0 properly
  ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: Fix Pbias configuration on regulator OFF
  ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
  ARM: OMAP: I2C: Fix omap_register_i2c_bus() return value on success
  ARM: OMAP: dmtimer: Include linux/module.h
  ARM: OMAP2+: l3-noc: Include linux/module.h
  ARM: OMAP2+: devices: Fixes for McPDM
  ARM: OMAP: Fix errors and warnings when building for one board
  ARM: OMAP3: PM: restrict erratum i443 handling to OMAP3430 only
  ...

8 years agoVFS: we need to set LOOKUP_JUMPED on mountpoint crossing
Al Viro [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:21:26 +0000]
VFS: we need to set LOOKUP_JUMPED on mountpoint crossing

Mountpoint crossing is similar to following procfs symlinks - we do
not get ->d_revalidate() called for dentry we have arrived at, with
unpleasant consequences for NFS4.

Simple way to reproduce the problem in mainline:

    cat >/tmp/a.c <<'EOF'
    #include <unistd.h>
    #include <fcntl.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    main()
    {
            struct flock fl = {.l_type = F_RDLCK, .l_whence = SEEK_SET, .l_len = 1};
            if (fcntl(0, F_SETLK, &fl))
                    perror("setlk");
    }
    EOF
cc /tmp/a.c -o /tmp/test

then on nfs4:

    mount --bind file1 file2
    /tmp/test < file1 # ok
    /tmp/test < file2 # spews "setlk: No locks available"...

What happens is the missing call of ->d_revalidate() after mountpoint
crossing and that's where NFS4 would issue OPEN request to server.

The fix is simple - treat mountpoint crossing the same way we deal with
following procfs-style symlinks.  I.e.  set LOOKUP_JUMPED...

Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoMerge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:38:11 +0000]
Merge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  perf top: Fix live annotation in the --stdio interface
  perf top tui: Don't recalc column widths considering just the first page
  perf report: Add progress bar when processing time ordered events
  perf hists browser: Warn about lost events
  perf tools: Fix a typo of command name as trace-cmd
  perf hists: Fix recalculation of total_period when sorting entries
  perf header: Fix build on old systems
  perf ui browser: Handle K_RESIZE in dialog windows
  perf ui browser: No need to switch char sets that often
  perf hists browser: Use K_TIMER
  perf ui: Rename ui__warning_paranoid to ui__error_paranoid
  perf ui: Reimplement the popup windows using libslang
  perf ui: Reimplement ui__popup_menu using ui__browser
  perf ui: Reimplement ui_helpline using libslang
  perf ui: Improve handling sigwinch a bit
  perf ui progress: Reimplement using slang
  perf evlist: Fix grouping of multiple events

8 years agoMerge branch 'fixes-modulesplit' into fixes
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:27:23 +0000]
Merge branch 'fixes-modulesplit' into fixes

8 years agoARM: OMAP: Fix export.h or module.h includes
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:27:10 +0000]
ARM: OMAP: Fix export.h or module.h includes

Commit 32aaeffbd4a7457bf2f7448b33b5946ff2a960eb (Merge branch
'modsplit-Oct31_2011'...) caused some build errors. Fix these
and make sure we always have export.h or module.h included
for MODULE_ and EXPORT_SYMBOL users:

$ grep -rl ^MODULE_ arch/arm/*omap*/*.c | xargs \
  grep -L linux/module.h
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/dsp.c
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-iommu.c
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/smartreflex.c

Also check we either have export.h or module.h included
for the files exporting symbols:

$ grep -rl EXPORT_SYMBOL arch/arm/*omap*/*.c | xargs \
  grep -L linux/export.h | xargs grep -L linux/module.h

Cc: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>

8 years agoARM: OMAP: omap_device: Include linux/export.h
Axel Lin [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:27:10 +0000]
ARM: OMAP: omap_device: Include linux/export.h

Include linux/export.h to fix below build warning:

CC arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.o
arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.c:1055: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.c:1055: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL'
arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.c:1055: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration

Signed-off-by: Axel Lin <axel.lin@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:55:33 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (47 commits)
  forcedeth: fix a few sparse warnings (variable shadowing)
  forcedeth: Improve stats counters
  forcedeth: remove unneeded stats updates
  forcedeth: Acknowledge only interrupts that are being processed
  forcedeth: fix race when unloading module
  MAINTAINERS/rds: update maintainer
  wanrouter: Remove kernel_lock annotations
  usbnet: fix oops in usbnet_start_xmit
  ixgbe: Fix compile for kernel without CONFIG_PCI_IOV defined
  etherh: Add MAINTAINERS entry for etherh
  bonding: comparing a u8 with -1 is always false
  sky2: fix regression on Yukon Optima
  netlink: clarify attribute length check documentation
  netlink: validate NLA_MSECS length
  i825xx:xscale:8390:freescale: Fix Kconfig dependancies
  macvlan: receive multicast with local address
  tg3: Update version to 3.121
  tg3: Eliminate timer race with reset_task
  tg3: Schedule at most one tg3_reset_task run
  tg3: Obtain PCI function number from device
  ...

8 years agovfs: d_invalidate() should leave mountpoints alone
Al Viro [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:39:57 +0000]
vfs: d_invalidate() should leave mountpoints alone

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoforcedeth: fix a few sparse warnings (variable shadowing)
david decotigny [Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:38:24 +0000]
forcedeth: fix a few sparse warnings (variable shadowing)

This fixes the following sparse warnings:
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2113:7: warning: symbol 'size' shadows an earlier one
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2102:6: originally declared here
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2155:7: warning: symbol 'size' shadows an earlier one
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2102:6: originally declared here
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2227:7: warning: symbol 'size' shadows an earlier one
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2215:6: originally declared here
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2271:7: warning: symbol 'size' shadows an earlier one
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2215:6: originally declared here
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2986:20: warning: symbol 'addr' shadows an earlier one
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c:2963:6: originally declared here

Signed-off-by: David Decotigny <david.decotigny@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoforcedeth: Improve stats counters
Mandeep Baines [Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:38:23 +0000]
forcedeth: Improve stats counters

Rx byte count was off; instead use the hardware's count.  Tx packet
count was counting pre-TSO packets; instead count on-the-wire packets.
Report hardware dropped frame count as rx_fifo_errors.

- The count of transmitted packets reported by the forcedeth driver
  reports pre-TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload) packet counts and not the
  count of the number of packets sent on the wire. This change fixes
  the forcedeth driver to report the correct count. Fixed the code by
  copying the count stored in the NIC H/W to the value reported by the
  driver.

- Count rx_drop_frame errors as rx_fifo_errors:
  We see a lot of rx_drop_frame errors if we disable the rx bottom-halves
  for too long.  Normally, rx_fifo_errors would be counted in this case.
  The rx_drop_frame error count is private to forcedeth and is not
  reported by ifconfig or sysfs.  The rx_fifo_errors count is currently
  unused in the forcedeth driver.  It is reported by ifconfig as overruns.
  This change reports rx_drop_frame errors as rx_fifo_errors.

Signed-off-by: David Decotigny <david.decotigny@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoforcedeth: remove unneeded stats updates
david decotigny [Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:38:22 +0000]
forcedeth: remove unneeded stats updates

Function ndo_get_stats() updates most of the stats from hardware
registers, making the manual updates un-needed. This change removes
these manual updates. Main exception is rx_missed_errors which needs
manual update.

Another exception is rx_packets, still updated manually in this commit
to make sure this patch doesn't change behavior of driver. This will
be addressed by a future patch.

Signed-off-by: David Decotigny <david.decotigny@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoforcedeth: Acknowledge only interrupts that are being processed
Mike Ditto [Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:38:21 +0000]
forcedeth: Acknowledge only interrupts that are being processed

This is to avoid a race, accidentally acknowledging an interrupt that
we didn't notice and won't immediately process.  This is based solely
on code inspection; it is not known if there was an actual bug here.

Signed-off-by: David Decotigny <david.decotigny@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoforcedeth: fix race when unloading module
david decotigny [Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:38:20 +0000]
forcedeth: fix race when unloading module

When forcedeth module is unloaded, there exists a path that can lead
to mod_timer() after del_timer_sync(), causing an oops. This patch
short-circuits this unneeded path, which originates in
nv_get_ethtool_stats().

Tested:
  x86_64 16-way + 3 ethtool -S infinite loops + 100Mbps incoming traffic
  + rmmod/modprobe/ifconfig in a loop

Initial-Author: Salman Qazi <sqazi@google.com>
Discussion: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/123548/

Signed-off-by: David Decotigny <david.decotigny@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agodevice-mapper: using EXPORT_SYBOL in dm-space-map-checker.c needs export.h
Stephen Rothwell [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:27:43 +0000]
device-mapper: using EXPORT_SYBOL in dm-space-map-checker.c needs export.h

Reported-by: Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agodevice-mapper: dm-bufio.c needs to include module.h
Stephen Rothwell [Tue, 1 Nov 2011 07:30:49 +0000]
device-mapper: dm-bufio.c needs to include module.h

since it uses the module facilities.

Reported-by: Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agodrivers/md: change module.h -> export.h in persistent-data/dm-*
Paul Gortmaker [Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:29:32 +0000]
drivers/md: change module.h -> export.h in persistent-data/dm-*

For the files which are not themselves modular, we can change
them to include only the smaller export.h since all they are
doing is looking for EXPORT_SYMBOL.

Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoarm: Add export.h to recently added files for EXPORT_SYMBOL
Paul Gortmaker [Sun, 9 Oct 2011 03:24:48 +0000]
arm: Add export.h to recently added files for EXPORT_SYMBOL

These files didn't exist at the time of the module.h split, and
so were not fixed by the commits on that baseline.  Since they use
the EXPORT_SYMBOL and/or THIS_MODULE macros, they will need the
new export.h file included that provides them.

Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoMAINTAINERS/rds: update maintainer
Or Gerlitz [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:28:20 +0000]
MAINTAINERS/rds: update maintainer

update for the actual maintainer

Signed-off-by: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agowanrouter: Remove kernel_lock annotations
Richard Weinberger [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:27:30 +0000]
wanrouter: Remove kernel_lock annotations

The BKL is gone, these annotations are useless.

Signed-off-by: Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agousbnet: fix oops in usbnet_start_xmit
Konstantin Khlebnikov [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 05:54:58 +0000]
usbnet: fix oops in usbnet_start_xmit

This patch fixes the bug added in commit v3.1-rc7-1055-gf9b491e
SKB can be NULL at this point, at least for cdc-ncm.

Signed-off-by: Konstantin Khlebnikov <khlebnikov@openvz.org>
Acked-by: Richard Cochran <richardcochran@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoixgbe: Fix compile for kernel without CONFIG_PCI_IOV defined
Rose, Gregory V [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:44:17 +0000]
ixgbe: Fix compile for kernel without CONFIG_PCI_IOV defined

Fix compiler errors and warnings with CONFIG_PCI_IOV defined and not
defined.

Signed-off-by: Greg Rose <gregory.v.rose@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

8 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:13:52 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux:
  cpuidle: Single/Global registration of idle states
  cpuidle: Split cpuidle_state structure and move per-cpu statistics fields
  cpuidle: Remove CPUIDLE_FLAG_IGNORE and dev->prepare()
  cpuidle: Move dev->last_residency update to driver enter routine; remove dev->last_state
  ACPI: Fix CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK=n compiler warning
  ACPI: Export FADT pm_profile integer value to userspace
  thermal: Prevent polling from happening during system suspend
  ACPI: Drop ACPI_NO_HARDWARE_INIT
  ACPI atomicio: Convert width in bits to bytes in __acpi_ioremap_fast()
  PNPACPI: Simplify disabled resource registration
  ACPI: Fix possible recursive locking in hwregs.c
  ACPI: use kstrdup()
  mrst pmu: update comment
  tools/power turbostat: less verbose debugging

8 years agoMerge branch 'drm-fixes' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:01:56 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-fixes' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux

* 'drm-fixes' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux: (40 commits)
  vmwgfx: Snoop DMA transfers with non-covering sizes
  vmwgfx: Move the prefered mode first in the list
  vmwgfx: Unreference surface on cursor error path
  vmwgfx: Free prefered mode on error path
  vmwgfx: Use pointer return error codes
  vmwgfx: Fix hw cursor position
  vmwgfx: Infrastructure for explicit placement
  vmwgfx: Make the preferred autofit mode have a 60Hz vrefresh
  vmwgfx: Remove screen object active list
  vmwgfx: Screen object cleanups
  drm/radeon/kms: consolidate GART code, fix segfault after GPU lockup V2
  drm/radeon/kms: don't poll forever if MC GDDR link training fails
  drm/radeon/kms: fix DP setup on TRAVIS bridges
  drm/radeon/kms: set HPD polarity in hpd_init()
  drm/radeon/kms: add MSI module parameter
  drm/radeon/kms: Add MSI quirk for Dell RS690
  drm/radeon/kms: Add MSI quirk for HP RS690
  drm/radeon/kms: split MSI check into a separate function
  vmwgfx: Reinstate the update_layout ioctl
  drm/radeon/kms: always do extended edid probe
  ...

8 years agoMerge branch 'urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:59:02 +0000]
Merge branch 'urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/wfg/linux

* 'urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wfg/linux:
  writeback: fix uninitialized task_ratelimit

8 years agoMerge git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:56:22 +0000]
Merge git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6

* git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6:
  CIFS: Cleanup byte-range locking code style
  CIFS: Simplify setlk error handling for mandatory locking

8 years agoMerge git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:11:16 +0000]
Merge git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6

* git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6: (226 commits)
  mtd: tests: annotate as DANGEROUS in Kconfig
  mtd: tests: don't use mtd0 as a default
  mtd: clean up usage of MTD_DOCPROBE_ADDRESS
  jffs2: add compr=lzo and compr=zlib options
  jffs2: implement mount option parsing and compression overriding
  mtd: nand: initialize ops.mode
  mtd: provide an alias for the redboot module name
  mtd: m25p80: don't probe device which has status of 'disabled'
  mtd: nand_h1900 never worked
  mtd: Add DiskOnChip G3 support
  mtd: m25p80: add EON flash EN25Q32B into spi flash id table
  mtd: mark block device queue as non-rotational
  mtd: r852: make r852_pm_ops static
  mtd: m25p80: add support for at25df321a spi data flash
  mtd: mxc_nand: preset_v1_v2: unlock all NAND flash blocks
  mtd: nand: switch `check_pattern()' to standard `memcmp()'
  mtd: nand: invalidate cache on unaligned reads
  mtd: nand: do not scan bad blocks with NAND_BBT_NO_OOB set
  mtd: nand: wait to set BBT version
  mtd: nand: scrub BBT on ECC errors
  ...

Fix up trivial conflicts:
 - arch/arm/mach-at91/board-usb-a9260.c
Merged into board-usb-a926x.c
 - drivers/mtd/maps/lantiq-flash.c
add_mtd_partitions -> mtd_device_register vs changed to use
mtd_device_parse_register.

8 years agoMerge branch 'linux-next' of git://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:52:19 +0000]
Merge branch 'linux-next' of git://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6

* 'linux-next' of git://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6:
  UBIFS: fix the dark space calculation
  UBIFS: introduce a helper to dump scanning info

8 years agovmwgfx: Snoop DMA transfers with non-covering sizes
Jakob Bornecrantz [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:03:08 +0000]
vmwgfx: Snoop DMA transfers with non-covering sizes

Enough to get cursors working under Wayland.

Signed-off-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Move the prefered mode first in the list
Jakob Bornecrantz [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:03:07 +0000]
vmwgfx: Move the prefered mode first in the list

Signed-off-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Unreference surface on cursor error path
Jakob Bornecrantz [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:03:06 +0000]
vmwgfx: Unreference surface on cursor error path

Signed-off-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Free prefered mode on error path
Jakob Bornecrantz [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:03:05 +0000]
vmwgfx: Free prefered mode on error path

Signed-off-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Use pointer return error codes
Jakob Bornecrantz [Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:03:04 +0000]
vmwgfx: Use pointer return error codes

Signed-off-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Fix hw cursor position
Thomas Hellstrom [Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:43:12 +0000]
vmwgfx: Fix hw cursor position

Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Infrastructure for explicit placement
Thomas Hellstrom [Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:43:11 +0000]
vmwgfx: Infrastructure for explicit placement

Make it possible to use explicit placement
(although not hooked up with a user-space interface yet)
and relax the single framebuffer limit to only apply to implicit placement.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>

8 years agovmwgfx: Make the preferred autofit mode have a 60Hz vrefresh
Thomas Hellstrom [Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:43:10 +0000]
vmwgfx: Make the preferred autofit mode have a 60Hz vrefresh

Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakob Bornecrantz <jakob@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>