9 years agodquot: cleanup dquot drop routine
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:05 +0000]
dquot: cleanup dquot drop routine

Get rid of the drop dquot operation - it is now always called from
the filesystem and if a filesystem really needs it's own (which none
currently does) it can just call into it's own routine directly.

Rename the now static low-level dquot_drop helper to __dquot_drop
and vfs_dq_drop to dquot_drop to have a consistent namespace.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agodquot: move dquot drop responsibility into the filesystem
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:04 +0000]
dquot: move dquot drop responsibility into the filesystem

Currently clear_inode calls vfs_dq_drop directly.  This means
we tie the quota code into the VFS.  Get rid of that and make the
filesystem responsible for the drop inside the ->clear_inode
superblock operation.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agodquot: cleanup dquot transfer routine
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:03 +0000]
dquot: cleanup dquot transfer routine

Get rid of the transfer dquot operation - it is now always called from
the filesystem and if a filesystem really needs it's own (which none
currently does) it can just call into it's own routine directly.

Rename the now static low-level dquot_transfer helper to __dquot_transfer
and vfs_dq_transfer to dquot_transfer to have a consistent namespace,
and make the new dquot_transfer return a normal negative errno value
which all callers expect.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agodquot: move dquot transfer responsibility into the filesystem
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:02 +0000]
dquot: move dquot transfer responsibility into the filesystem

Currently notify_change calls vfs_dq_transfer directly.  This means
we tie the quota code into the VFS.  Get rid of that and make the
filesystem responsible for the transfer.  Most filesystems already
do this, only ufs and udf need the code added, and for jfs it needs to
be enabled unconditionally instead of only when ACLs are enabled.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agodquot: cleanup inode allocation / freeing routines
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:01 +0000]
dquot: cleanup inode allocation / freeing routines

Get rid of the alloc_inode and free_inode dquot operations - they are
always called from the filesystem and if a filesystem really needs
their own (which none currently does) it can just call into it's
own routine directly.

Also get rid of the vfs_dq_alloc/vfs_dq_free wrappers and always
call the lowlevel dquot_alloc_inode / dqout_free_inode routines
directly, which now lose the number argument which is always 1.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agodquot: cleanup space allocation / freeing routines
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:05:00 +0000]
dquot: cleanup space allocation / freeing routines

Get rid of the alloc_space, free_space, reserve_space, claim_space and
release_rsv dquot operations - they are always called from the filesystem
and if a filesystem really needs their own (which none currently does)
it can just call into it's own routine directly.

Move shared logic into the common __dquot_alloc_space,
dquot_claim_space_nodirty and __dquot_free_space low-level methods,
and rationalize the wrappers around it to move as much as possible
code into the common block for CONFIG_QUOTA vs not.  Also rename
all these helpers to be named dquot_* instead of vfs_dq_*.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: add writepage sanity checks
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:51:02 +0000]
ext3: add writepage sanity checks

- There is theoretical possibility to perform writepage on
   RO superblock. Add explicit check for what case.
- Page must being locked before writepage.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: Truncate allocated blocks if direct IO write fails to update i_size
Jan Kara [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:02:37 +0000]
ext3: Truncate allocated blocks if direct IO write fails to update i_size

We have to truncate blocks allocated to file during direct IO when we
fail to update i_size properly.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: Properly invalidate caches even for filesystems with blocksize < pagesize
Jan Kara [Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:07:17 +0000]
quota: Properly invalidate caches even for filesystems with blocksize < pagesize

Sometimes invalidate_bdev() can fail to invalidate a part of block
device cache because of dirty data. If the filesystem has blocksize
smaller than page size, this can happen even for pages containing
quota files and thus kernel would operate on stale data. Fix the
issue by syncing the filesystem before invalidating the cache.

Reviewed-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: generalize quota transfer interface
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 05:31:50 +0000]
quota: generalize quota transfer interface

Current quota transfer interface support only uid/gid.
This patch extend interface in order to support various quotas types
The goal is accomplished without changes in most frequently used
vfs_dq_transfer() func.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: sb_quota state flags cleanup
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 05:31:49 +0000]
quota: sb_quota state flags cleanup

- remove hardcoded USRQUOTA/GRPQUOTA flags
- convert int to bool for appropriate functions

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agojbd: Delay discarding buffers in journal_unmap_buffer
Jan Kara [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:37:12 +0000]
jbd: Delay discarding buffers in journal_unmap_buffer

Delay discarding buffers in journal_unmap_buffer until
we know that "add to orphan" operation has definitely been
committed, otherwise the log space of committing transation
may be freed and reused before truncate get committed, updates
may get lost if crash happens.

This patch is a backport of JBD2 fix by dingdinghua <dingdinghua@nrchpc.ac.cn>.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: quota_write cross block boundary behaviour
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:33:42 +0000]
ext3: quota_write cross block boundary behaviour

We always assume what dquot update result in changes in one data block
But ext3_quota_write() function may handle cross block boundary writes
In fact if this ever happen it will result in incorrect journal credits
reservation. And later bug_on triggering. As soon this never happen the
boundary cross loop is NOOP. In order to make things straight
let's remove this loop and assert cross boundary condition.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: drop permission checks from xfs_fs_set_xstate/xfs_fs_set_xquota
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:56 +0000]
quota: drop permission checks from xfs_fs_set_xstate/xfs_fs_set_xquota

We already do these checks in the generic code.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: split out compat_sys_quotactl support from quota.c
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:55 +0000]
quota: split out compat_sys_quotactl support from quota.c

Instead of adding ifdefs just split it into a new file.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: split out netlink notification support from quota.c
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:54 +0000]
quota: split out netlink notification support from quota.c

Instead of adding ifdefs just split it into a new file.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: remove invalid optimization from quota_sync_all
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:53 +0000]
quota: remove invalid optimization from quota_sync_all

Checking the "VFS" quota enabled and dirty bits from generic code means
this code will never get called for other implementations, e.g. XFS and
GFS2.  Grabbing the reference on the superblock really isn't much overhead
for a global Q_SYNC call, so just drop this optimization.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: move code from sync_quota_sb into vfs_quota_sync
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:52 +0000]
quota: move code from sync_quota_sb into vfs_quota_sync

Currenly sync_quota_sb does a lot of sync and truncate action that only
applies to "VFS" style quotas and is actively harmful for the sync
performance in XFS.  Move it into vfs_quota_sync and add a wait parameter
to ->quota_sync to tell if we need it or not.

My audit of the GFS2 code says it's also not needed given the way GFS2
implements quotas, but I'd be happy if this can get a detailed review.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: clean up Q_XQUOTASYNC
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:51 +0000]
quota: clean up Q_XQUOTASYNC

Currently Q_XQUOTASYNC calls into the quota_sync method, but XFS does something
entirely different in it than the rest of the filesystems.  xfs_quota which
calls Q_XQUOTASYNC expects an asynchronous data writeout to flush delayed
allocations, while the "VFS" quota support wants to flush changes to the quota
file.

So make Q_XQUOTASYNC call into the writeback code directly and make the
quota_sync method optional as XFS doesn't need in the sense expected by the
rest of the quota code.

GFS2 was using limited XFS-style quota and has a quota_sync method fitting
neither the style used by vfs_quota_sync nor xfs_fs_quota_sync.  I left it
in for now as per discussion with Steve it expects to be called from the
sync path this way.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: simplify permission checking
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:50 +0000]
quota: simplify permission checking

Stop having complicated different routines for checking permissions for
XQM vs "VFS" quotas.  Instead do the checks for having sb->s_qcop and
a valid type directly in do_quotactl, and munge the *quotactl_valid functions
into a check_quotactl_permission helper that only checks for permissions.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: special case Q_SYNC without device name
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:49 +0000]
quota: special case Q_SYNC without device name

The Q_SYNC command can be called without the path to a device, in which case
it iterates over all superblocks.  Special case this variant directly in
sys_quotactl so that the other code always gets a superblock and doesn't
need to deal with this case.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: clean up checks for supported quota methods
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:48 +0000]
quota: clean up checks for supported quota methods

Move the checks for sb->s_qcop->foo next to the actual calls for them, same
for sb_has_quota_active checks where applicable.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: split do_quotactl
Christoph Hellwig [Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:44:47 +0000]
quota: split do_quotactl

Split out a helper for each non-trivial command from do_quotactl.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: Fix warning when a delayed write happens before quota is enabled
Jan Kara [Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:20:39 +0000]
quota: Fix warning when a delayed write happens before quota is enabled

If a delayed-allocation write happens before quota is enabled, the
kernel spits out a warning:
WARNING: at fs/quota/dquot.c:988 dquot_claim_space+0x77/0x112()

because the fact that user has some delayed allocation is not recorded
in quota structure.

Make dquot_initialize() update amount of reserved space for user if it sees
inode has some space reserved. Also make sure that reserved quota space does
not go negative and we warn about the filesystem bug just once.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: manage reserved space when quota is not active [v2]
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:53:36 +0000]
quota: manage reserved space when quota is not active [v2]

Since we implemented generic reserved space management interface,
then it is possible to account reserved space even when quota
is not active (similar to i_blocks/i_bytes).

Without this patch following testcase result in massive comlain from
WARN_ON in dquot_claim_space()

TEST_CASE:
mount /dev/sdb /mnt -oquota
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/test bs=1M count=1
quotaon /mnt
# fs_reserved_spave == 1Mb
# quota_reserved_space == 0, because quota was disabled
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/test seek=1 bs=1M count=1
# fs_reserved_spave == 2Mb
# quota_reserved_space == 1Mb
sync  # ->dquot_claim_space() -> WARN_ON

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agojbd[2]: remove references to BUFFER_DEBUG
Christoph Egger [Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:13:33 +0000]
jbd[2]: remove references to BUFFER_DEBUG

CONFIG_BUFFER_DEBUG seems to have been removed from the documentation
somewhere around 2.4.15 and seemingly hasn't been available even
longer. It is, however, still referenced at one place from the jbd
code (one is a copy of the other header). Time to clean it up

Signed-off-by: Christoph Egger <siccegge@stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: trivial quota cleanup
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:05:53 +0000]
ext3: trivial quota cleanup

The patch is aimed to reorganize and simplify quota code a bit.
Quota code is itself complex enouth, but we can make it more readable
in some places:
- Move quota option parsing to separate functions.
- Simplify old-quota and journaled-quota mix check.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: mount flags manipulation cleanup
Dmitry Monakhov [Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:05:51 +0000]
ext3: mount flags manipulation cleanup

Replace intermediate EXT3_MOUNT_XXX flags manipulation to
corresponding macro.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoext3: Use bitops to read/modify EXT3_I(inode)->i_state
Jan Kara [Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:58:48 +0000]
ext3: Use bitops to read/modify EXT3_I(inode)->i_state

At several places we modify EXT3_I(inode)->i_state without holding i_mutex
(ext3_release_file, ext3_bmap, ext3_journalled_writepage, ext3_do_update_inode,
...). These modifications are racy and we can lose updates to i_state. So
convert handling of i_state to use bitops which are atomic.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoquota: Cleanup S_NOQUOTA handling
Jan Kara [Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:20:35 +0000]
quota: Cleanup S_NOQUOTA handling

Cleanup handling of S_NOQUOTA inode flag and document it a bit. The flag
does not have to be set under dqptr_sem. Only functions modifying inode's
dquot pointers have to check the flag under dqptr_sem before going forward
with the modification. This way we are sure that we cannot add new dquot
pointers to the inode which is just becoming a quota file.

The good thing about this cleanup is that there are no more places in quota
code which enforce i_mutex vs. dqptr_sem lock ordering (in particular that
dqptr_sem -> i_mutex of quota file). This should silence some (false) lockdep
warnings with ext4 + quota and generally make life of some filesystems easier.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:41:26 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux

* 'for-linus' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux: (49 commits)
  OMAP: DSS2: Taal: Fix TE when resuming
  OMAP: DSS2: Taal: Fix ESD check
  OMAP: DSS2: OMAPFB: Constify some function parameters
  OMAP: DSS2: OMAPFB: install omapfb.h
  OMAP: DSS2: DSI: add error prints
  OMAP: DSS2: TPO-TD03MTEA1: fix function names
  OMAP: DSS2: DSI: add dsi_vc_dcs_read_2() helper
  OMAP: DSS2: OMAPFB: Remove FB_OMAP2_FORCE_AUTO_UPDATE
  OMAP: DSS2: DSI: remove external TE support
  OMAP: DSS2: move timing functions
  OMAP: DSS2: move set/get_wss()
  OMAP: DSS2: move enable/disable/suspend/resume
  OMAP: DSS2: move update() and sync()
  OMAP: DSS2: move set/get_update_mode()
  OMAP: DSS2: move enable/get_te()
  OMAP: DSS2: move get_recommended_bpp()
  OMAP: DSS2: move get_resolution()
  OMAP: DSS2: move enable/disable_channel to overlay manager
  OMAP: DSS2: move wait_vsync()
  OMAP: DSS2: move get/set_rotate()
  ...

9 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:34:25 +0000]
Merge branch 'omap-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6

* 'omap-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6: (214 commits)
  omap2: Initialize Menelaus and MMC for N8X0
  AM3517 EVM: correct typo - tca6416 mispelt as tca6516
  AM3517 EVM: Enable I2C support
  AM35x: Enable OMAP_MUX in defconfig
  AM35x: Add missing GPIO mux config for EHCI port
  Zoom3: Defconfig update
  omap: i2c: Fix muxing for command line enabled bus
  OMAP4: clock: Remove clock hacks from timer-gp.c
  OMAP4: clock: Add dummy clock nodes for interface clocks
  OMAP4: clock: Rename leaf clock nodes to end with a _ick or _fck
  OMAP2+ clock: revise omap2_clk_{disable,enable}()
  OMAP2/3 clock: combine OMAP2 & 3 boot-time MPU rate change code
  OMAP clockdomain: if no autodeps exist, don't try to add or remove them
  OMAP hwmod: add hwmod class support
  OMAP hwmod: convert header files with static allocations into C files
  OMAP hwmod: convert hwmod to use hardware clock names rather than clkdev dev+con
  OMAP clock: add omap_clk_get_by_name() for use by OMAP hwmod core code
  OMAP3: clock: add capability to change rate of dpll4_m5_ck_3630
  OMAP4 clock: drop the ALWAYS_ENABLED clock flag
  OMAP clock: drop RATE_FIXED clock flag
  ...

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:33:36 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block:
  Revert "blkdev: fix merge_bvec_fn return value checks"

9 years agoRevert "blkdev: fix merge_bvec_fn return value checks"
Jens Axboe [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:17:34 +0000]
Revert "blkdev: fix merge_bvec_fn return value checks"

This reverts commit 9f7cdbc33f36d28e57eaba0093f68f0d14c38c5b.

It's causing oopses om dm setups, so revert it until we investigate.

Reported-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>

9 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-next-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:56:44 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-next-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-next-2.6:
  sparc: Support show_unhandled_signals.
  sparc: use __ratelimit
  sunxvr500: Additional PCI id for sunxvr500 driver
  sparc: use asm-generic/scatterlist.h
  sparc64: If 'slot-names' property exist, create sysfs PCI slot information.
  sparc: remove trailing space in messages
  sparc: remove redundant return statements

9 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:55:08 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next-2.6: (1341 commits)
  virtio_net: remove forgotten assignment
  be2net: fix tx completion polling
  sis190: fix cable detect via link status poll
  net: fix protocol sk_buff field
  bridge: Fix build error when IGMP_SNOOPING is not enabled
  bnx2x: Tx barriers and locks
  scm: Only support SCM_RIGHTS on unix domain sockets.
  vhost-net: restart tx poll on sk_sndbuf full
  vhost: fix get_user_pages_fast error handling
  vhost: initialize log eventfd context pointer
  vhost: logging thinko fix
  wireless: convert to use netdev_for_each_mc_addr
  ethtool: do not set some flags, if others failed
  ipoib: returned back addrlen check for mc addresses
  netlink: Adding inode field to /proc/net/netlink
  axnet_cs: add new id
  bridge: Make IGMP snooping depend upon BRIDGE.
  bridge: Add multicast count/interval sysfs entries
  bridge: Add hash elasticity/max sysfs entries
  bridge: Add multicast_snooping sysfs toggle
  ...

Trivial conflicts in Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt

9 years agoOMAP: DSS2: Taal: Fix TE when resuming
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:13:55 +0000]
OMAP: DSS2: Taal: Fix TE when resuming

TE was not initialized properly on power on, which broke TE when resuming
from suspend.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@nokia.com>

9 years agovirtio_net: remove forgotten assignment
Jiri Pirko [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:57:33 +0000]
virtio_net: remove forgotten assignment

This is no longer needed. I missed to remove this in
567ec874d15b478c8eda7e9a5d2dcb05f13f1fb5 ("net: convert multiple
drivers to use netdev_for_each_mc_addr, part6")

Signed-off-by: Jiri Pirko <jpirko@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

9 years agobe2net: fix tx completion polling
Sathya Perla [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:56:39 +0000]
be2net: fix tx completion polling

In tx/mcc polling, napi_complete() is being incorrectly called
before reaping tx completions. This can cause tx compl processing
to be scheduled on another cpu concurrently which can result in a panic.
This if fixed by calling napi complete() after tx/mcc compl processing
but before re-enabling interrupts (via a cq notify).

Signed-off-by: Sathya Perla <sathyap@serverengines.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

9 years agosis190: fix cable detect via link status poll
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski [Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:44:41 +0000]
sis190: fix cable detect via link status poll

Some sis190 devices don't report LinkChange, so do polling for
link status.

Fixes http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11926

Signed-off-by: Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski <herton@mandriva.com.br>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

9 years agonet: fix protocol sk_buff field
Eric Dumazet [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 03:09:26 +0000]
net: fix protocol sk_buff field

Commit e992cd9b72a18 (kmemcheck: make bitfield annotations truly no-ops
when disabled) allows us to revert a workaround we did in the past to
not add holes in sk_buff structure.

This patch partially reverts commit 14d18a81b5171
(net: fix kmemcheck annotations) so that sparse doesnt complain:

include/linux/skbuff.h:357:41: error: invalid bitfield specifier for
type restricted __be16.

Reported-by: Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

9 years agobridge: Fix build error when IGMP_SNOOPING is not enabled
Sridhar Samudrala [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:53:04 +0000]
bridge: Fix build error when IGMP_SNOOPING is not enabled

Fix the following build error when IGMP_SNOOPING is not enabled.
In file included from net/bridge/br.c:24:
net/bridge/br_private.h: In function 'br_multicast_is_router':
net/bridge/br_private.h:361: error: 'struct net_bridge' has no member named 'multicast_router'
net/bridge/br_private.h:362: error: 'struct net_bridge' has no member named 'multicast_router'
net/bridge/br_private.h:363: error: 'struct net_bridge' has no member named 'multicast_router_timer'

Signed-off-by: Sridhar Samudrala <sri@us.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Acked-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

9 years agoMerge with mainline to remove plat-omap/Kconfig conflict
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 22:19:05 +0000]
Merge ... mainline to remove plat-omap/Kconfig conflict

Conflicts:
arch/arm/plat-omap/Kconfig

9 years agoMerge branch 'davinci-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:05:40 +0000]
Merge branch 'davinci-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-davinci

* 'davinci-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-davinci: (40 commits)
  DaVinci DM365: Adding support for SPI EEPROM
  DaVinci DM365: Adding DM365 SPI support
  DaVinci DM355: Modifications to DM355 SPI support
  DaVinci: SPI: Adding header file for SPI support.
  davinci: dm646x: CDCE clocks: davinci_clk converted to clk_lookup
  davinci: clkdev cleanup: remove clk_lookup wrapper, use clkdev_add_table()
  DaVinci: DM365: Voice codec support for the DM365 SoC
  davinci: clock: let clk->set_rate function sleep
  Add SDA and SCL pin numbers to i2c platform data
  davinci: da8xx/omap-l1xx: Add EDMA platform data for da850/omap-l138
  davinci: build list of unused EDMA events dynamically
  davinci: Fix edma_alloc_channel api for EDMA_CHANNEL_ANY case
  davinci: Keep count of channel controllers on a platform
  davinci: Correct return value of edma_alloc_channel api
  davinci: add CDCE949 support on DM6467 EVM
  davinci: add support for CDCE949 clock synthesizer
  davinci: da850/omap-l138 EVM: register for suspend support
  davinci: da850/omap-l138: add support for SoC suspend
  davinci: add power management support
  DaVinci: DM365: Changing default queue for DM365.
  ...

9 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzi...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:04:58 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev: (38 commits)
  sata_via: Delay on vt6420 when starting ATAPI DMA write
  ata: Detect Delkin Devices compact flash
  pata_efar: Enable parallel scanning
  pata_atiixp: enable parallel scan
  [libata] pata_atiixp: add locking for parallel scanning
  [libata] pata_efar: add locking for parallel scanning
  libata: Pass host flags into the pci helper
  [libata] pata_marvell: CONFIG_AHCI is really CONFIG_SATA_AHCI
  libata: Allow pata_legacy to be built on non-ISA but PCI systems
  pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for PDC2026x chipsets
  pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for Promise UDMA33 cards
  [libata] pata_at91: fix backslash-continued string
  pata_via: store UDMA masks in via_isa_bridges table
  pata_via: fix address setup timings underlocking
  pata_serverworks: fix error message
  pata_serverworks: fix PIO setup for the second channel
  pata_efar: fix secondary port support
  pata_cypress: fix PIO timings underclocking
  pata_cs5535: use correct values for PIO1 and PIO2 data timings
  pata_cmd64x: remove unused definitions
  ...

9 years agosata_via: Delay on vt6420 when starting ATAPI DMA write
Bart Hartgers [Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:04:50 +0000]
sata_via: Delay on vt6420 when starting ATAPI DMA write

When writing a disc on certain lite-on dvd-writers (also rebadged
as optiarc/LG/...) connected to a vt6420, the ATAPI CDB ends
up in the datastream and on the disc, causing silent corruption.
Delaying between sending the CDB and starting DMA seems to
prevent this.

I do not know if there are burners that do not suffer from
this, but the patch should be safe for those as well.

There are many reports of this issue, but AFAICT no solution was
found before. For example:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0802.3/0561.html

Signed-off-by: Bart Hartgers <bart.hartgers@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agoata: Detect Delkin Devices compact flash
Ben Gardner [Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:41:22 +0000]
ata: Detect Delkin Devices compact flash

I have a Delkin Devices compact flash card that isn't being recognized using the
SATA/PATA drivers.
The card is recognized and works with the deprecated ATA drivers.

The error I am seeing is:
ata1.00: failed to IDENTIFY (device reports invalid type, err_mask=0x0)

I tracked it down to ata_id_is_cfa() in include/linux/ata.h.
The Delkin card has id[0] set to 0x844a and id[83] set to 0.
This isn't what the kernel expects and is probably incorrect.

The simplest work-around is to add a check for 0x844a to ata_id_is_cfa().

Signed-off-by: Ben Gardner <gardner.ben@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_efar: Enable parallel scanning
Alan Cox [Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:17:52 +0000]
pata_efar: Enable parallel scanning

Again originally proposed by Bartlomiej but this does it by using the
generic helper logic instead.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_atiixp: enable parallel scan
Alan Cox [Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:17:44 +0000]
pata_atiixp: enable parallel scan

This was originally proposed by Bartlomiej but as a device specific
expansion of the init_one function rather than making the helper more
generic.

Enable the parallel scan via the generic flags.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years ago[libata] pata_atiixp: add locking for parallel scanning
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:17:31 +0000]
[libata] pata_atiixp: add locking for parallel scanning

This is similar change as commit 60c3be3 for ata_piix host driver
and while pata_atiixp doesn't enable parallel scan yet the race
could probably also be triggered by requesting re-scanning of both
ports at the same time using SCSI sysfs interface.

[Ported to current tree without other patch dependancies by Alan Cox]

Original is
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>

This one is
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years ago[libata] pata_efar: add locking for parallel scanning
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:16:58 +0000]
[libata] pata_efar: add locking for parallel scanning

Add clearing of UDMA enable bit also for PIO modes and then add
extra locking for parallel scanning.

This is similar change as commit 60c3be3 for ata_piix host driver
and while pata_efar doesn't enable parallel scan yet the race could
probably also be triggered by requesting re-scanning of both ports
at the same time using SCSI sysfs interface.

[Ported to current kernel without other patch dependancies by
 Alan Cox]

Original is
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>

This one is
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: Pass host flags into the pci helper
Alan Cox [Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:26:06 +0000]
libata: Pass host flags into the pci helper

This allows parallel scan and the like to be set without having to stop
using the existing full helper functions. This patch merely adds the argument
and fixes up the callers. It doesn't undo the special cases already in the
tree or add any new parallel callers.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years ago[libata] pata_marvell: CONFIG_AHCI is really CONFIG_SATA_AHCI
Christoph Egger [Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:26:35 +0000]
[libata] pata_marvell: CONFIG_AHCI is really CONFIG_SATA_AHCI

The marvell driver comtains a fallback to ahci for the sata ports
which is incorrectly checked as CONFIG_AHCI while the only AHCI config
item is actually called SATA_AHCI (which also sounds sensible
considering it's a fallback for the sata ports).

Signed-off-by: Christoph Egger <siccegge@stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: Allow pata_legacy to be built on non-ISA but PCI systems
Alan Cox [Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:04:54 +0000]
libata: Allow pata_legacy to be built on non-ISA but PCI systems

This is needed for some unsupported hardware setups on strange 64bit
mainboards where crazy stuff has been done like putting flash ata adapters
on the LPC bus, or where the real hardware is hidden/confused.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for PDC2026x chipsets
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:43:17 +0000]
pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for PDC2026x chipsets

PDC2026x chipsets need the same treatment as PDC20246 one.

This is completely untested but will hopefully fix UDMA issues
that people have been reporting against pata_pdc202xx_old for
the last couple of years.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for Promise UDMA33 cards
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:35:53 +0000]
pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for Promise UDMA33 cards

On Monday 04 January 2010 02:30:24 pm Russell King wrote:

> Found the problem - getting rid of the read of the alt status register
> after the command has been written fixes the UDMA CRC errors on write:
>
> @@ -676,7 +676,8 @@ void ata_sff_exec_command(struct ata_port *ap, const struct
> ata_taskfile *tf)
>         DPRINTK("ata%u: cmd 0x%X\n", ap->print_id, tf->command);
>
>         iowrite8(tf->command, ap->ioaddr.command_addr);
> -       ata_sff_pause(ap);
> +       ndelay(400);
> +//     ata_sff_pause(ap);
>  }
>  EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(ata_sff_exec_command);
>
>
> This rather makes sense.  The PDC20247 handles the UDMA part of the
> protocol.  It has no way to tell the PDC20246 to wait while it suspends
> UDMA, so that a normal register access can take place - the 246 ploughs
> on with the register access without any regard to the state of the 247.
>
> If the drive immediately starts the UDMA protocol after a write to the
> command register (as it probably will for the DMA WRITE command), then
> we'll be accessing the taskfile in the middle of the UDMA setup, which
> can't be good.  It's certainly a violation of the ATA specs.

Fix it by adding custom ->sff_exec_command method for UDMA33 chipsets.

Debugged-by: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years ago[libata] pata_at91: fix backslash-continued string
Jeff Garzik [Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:09:54 +0000]
[libata] pata_at91: fix backslash-continued string

Noticed and rough patch by Joe Perches.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_via: store UDMA masks in via_isa_bridges table
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:17:12 +0000]
pata_via: store UDMA masks in via_isa_bridges table

* store UDMA masks in via_isa_bridges[] and while at it make "flags"
  field to be u8 instead of u16

* convert the driver to use UDMA masks from via_isa_bridges[]

* remove no longer needed VIA_UDMA* defines

Make some minor documentation and CodingStyle fixes while at it.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_via: fix address setup timings underlocking
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:17:03 +0000]
pata_via: fix address setup timings underlocking

Correct via_do_set_mode() documentation while at it.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_serverworks: fix error message
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:16:46 +0000]
pata_serverworks: fix error message

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_serverworks: fix PIO setup for the second channel
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:16:38 +0000]
pata_serverworks: fix PIO setup for the second channel

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_efar: fix secondary port support
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:16:03 +0000]
pata_efar: fix secondary port support

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cypress: fix PIO timings underclocking
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:15:47 +0000]
pata_cypress: fix PIO timings underclocking

Timing registers should be programmed with the desired number of clocks
minus one clock.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cs5535: use correct values for PIO1 and PIO2 data timings
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:15:38 +0000]
pata_cs5535: use correct values for PIO1 and PIO2 data timings

There shouldn't be any problems with it as IDE cs5535 host driver
has been using those values for years and they match values given
in the (publicly available) datasheet.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cmd64x: remove unused definitions
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:15:18 +0000]
pata_cmd64x: remove unused definitions

s/ARTIM2/ARTTIM23/ in cmd648_bmdma_stop() while at it

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cmd64x: cmd648_bmdma_stop() fix
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:15:11 +0000]
pata_cmd64x: cmd648_bmdma_stop() fix

Clear the primary channel pending interrupt bit
instead of the reserved one.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cmd64x: fix handling of address setup timings
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:15:04 +0000]
pata_cmd64x: fix handling of address setup timings

Account for the requirements of the DMA mode currently used
by the pair device.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_cmd64x: fix PIO setup
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:14:55 +0000]
pata_cmd64x: fix PIO setup

Fix incorrect handling of recovery clocks value == 16 resulting
in overclocked recovery timings & potentially underclocked active
timings.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_ali: documentation fixes
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:14:05 +0000]
pata_ali: documentation fixes

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: fix CFA handling in ide_timing_compute()
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:13:57 +0000]
libata: fix CFA handling in ide_timing_compute()

Use standard cycle timing for CFA PIO5 and PIO6 modes.

Based on commit 74638c8 for IDE subsystem.

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agosata_via: Correctly setup PIO/DMA for pata slave on vt6421.
Bart Hartgers [Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:56:54 +0000]
sata_via: Correctly setup PIO/DMA for pata slave on vt6421.

Before only the timings for master were set. Datasheet can be found
here: ftp://ftp.vtbridge.org/Docs/Storage/DS_VT6421A_100_CCPL.PDF
Surprisingly, a slave drive works without this patch. According to the
datasheet, the controller by default derives the DMA mode from the
Set Features command issued to a drive. Not sure about the PIO
timings, though. The real problem is that the timings for the master
effectively are the ones tuned for the slave. If these support
different UDMA-settings, there is trouble, especially when the slave
supports a higher UDMA than the master.

Anyhow, using the same mechanism for both master and slave seems like
a good idea.

Signed-off-by: Bart Hartgers <bart.hartgers@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: make functions/variables static
Robert Hancock [Wed, 20 Jan 2010 05:03:39 +0000]
libata: make functions/variables static

Make some variables in ahci and a function in pata_pcmcia static, as found
using sparse.

Signed-off-by: Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: implement spurious irq handling for SFF and apply it to piix
Tejun Heo [Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:49:19 +0000]
libata: implement spurious irq handling for SFF and apply it to piix

Traditional IDE interface sucks in that it doesn't have a reliable IRQ
pending bit, so if the controller raises IRQ while the driver is
expecting it not to, the IRQ won't be cleared and eventually the IRQ
line will be killed by interrupt subsystem.  Some controllers have
non-standard mechanism to indicate IRQ pending so that this condition
can be detected and worked around.

This patch adds an optional operation ->sff_irq_check() which will be
called for each port from the ata_sff_interrupt() if an unexpected
interrupt is received.  If the operation returns %true,
->sff_check_status() and ->sff_irq_clear() will be cleared for the
port.  Note that this doesn't mark the interrupt as handled so it
won't prevent IRQ subsystem from killing the IRQ if this mechanism
fails to clear the spurious IRQ.

This patch also implements ->sff_irq_check() for ata_piix.  Note that
this adds slight overhead to shared IRQ operation as IRQs which are
destined for other controllers will trigger extra register accesses to
check whether IDE interrupt is pending but this solves rare screaming
IRQ cases and for some curious reason also helps weird BIOS related
glitch on Samsung n130 as reported in bko#14314.

  http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14314

* piix_base_ops dropped as suggested by Sergei.

* Spurious IRQ detection doesn't kick in anymore if polling qc is in
  progress.  This provides less protection but some controllers have
  possible data corruption issues if the wrong register is accessed
  while a command is in progress.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Reported-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@sig21.net>
Reported-by: Hans Werner <hwerner4@gmx.de>
Cc: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agolibata: cleanup ata_sff_interrupt()
Tejun Heo [Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:46:32 +0000]
libata: cleanup ata_sff_interrupt()

host->ports[i] is never NULL if i < host->n_ports and non-NULL return
from ata_qc_from_tag() guarantees that the returned qc is active.
Drop unnecessary tests.

Superflous () dropped as suggested by Sergei.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Cc: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agoata_piix: IDE Mode SATA patch for Intel Cougar Point DeviceIDs
Seth Heasley [Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:01:28 +0000]
ata_piix: IDE Mode SATA patch for Intel Cougar Point DeviceIDs

Signed-off-by: Seth Heasley <seth.heasley@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agoahci: AHCI and RAID mode SATA patch for Intel Cougar Point DeviceIDs
Seth Heasley [Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:00:18 +0000]
ahci: AHCI and RAID mode SATA patch for Intel Cougar Point DeviceIDs

Signed-off-by: Seth Heasley <seth.heasley@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agoahci: Implement SATA AHCI FIS-based switching support
Shane Huang [Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:23:04 +0000]
ahci: Implement SATA AHCI FIS-based switching support

Tested on AMD internal reference board.

Signed-off-by: Shane Huang <shane.huang@amd.com>
Acked-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt366: remove irrelevant TODO
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:39:38 +0000]
pata_hpt366: remove irrelevant TODO

HPT36x chips just don't have DPLL.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt{37x|3x2n}: improve timing register documentation
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:38:11 +0000]
pata_hpt{37x|3x2n}: improve timing register documentation

Describe UDMA timing bits 18-20 and 21 separately; add a note to bit
31 about it being meaningful for PIO only.  Reformat the whole comment,
while at it...

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt366: remove redundant code
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:36:15 +0000]
pata_hpt366: remove redundant code

There's no need to clear the fast interrupt bit in hpt366_set_mode()
since we're doing it in hpt366_init_chipset() already.

While at it, rename 'addr1' local variable to 'addr' and
exclude 'ap->port_no' from its calculation as HPT36x are
single-channel-per-function chips.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt{37x|3x2n}: unify mode programming
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:30:06 +0000]
pata_hpt{37x|3x2n}: unify mode programming

As these drivers' set_piomode() and set_dmamode() methods are almost
identical, factor out the common hpt{37x|3x2n}_set_mode() function
to be called by both of them, the same as in 'pata_hpt366' driver.

This results in ~5% decrease in the 'pata_hpt37x' driver binary
size and in ~4% decrease in the 'pata_hpt3x2n' driver binary size
(as measured on x86-32).

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt3x2n: always stretch UltraDMA timing
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:25:52 +0000]
pata_hpt3x2n: always stretch UltraDMA timing

The UltraDMA Tss timing must be stretched with ATA clock of 66 MHz, but the
driver only does this when PCI clock is 66 MHz, whereas it always programs
DPLL clock (which is used as the ATA clock) to 66 MHz.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Cc: <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agopata_hpt37x: use ATA_DMA_* constants
Sergei Shtylyov [Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:37:43 +0000]
pata_hpt37x: use ATA_DMA_* constants

Use ATA_DMA_* constants instead of the bare numbers for the BMIDE registers.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:38:09 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input: (62 commits)
  Input: atkbd - release previously reserved keycodes 248 - 254
  Input: add KEY_WPS_BUTTON definition
  Input: ads7846 - add regulator support
  Input: winbond-cir - fix suspend/resume
  Input: gamecon - use pr_err() and friends
  Input: gamecon - constify some of the setup structures
  Input: gamecon - simplify pad type handling
  Input: gamecon - simplify coordinate calculation for PSX
  Input: gamecon - fix some formatting issues
  Input: gamecon - add rumble support for N64 pads
  Input: wacom - add device type to device name string
  Input: s3c24xx_ts - report touch only when stylus is down
  Input: s3c24xx_ts - re-enable IRQ on resume
  Input: wacom - constify product features data
  Input: wacom - use per-device instance of wacom_features
  Input: sh_keysc - enable building on SH-Mobile ARM
  Input: wacom - get features from driver info
  Input: rotary-encoder - set gpio direction for each requested gpio
  Input: sh_keysc - update the driver with mode 6
  Input: sh_keysc - switch to using bitmaps
  ...

9 years agoMerge branch 'acpica' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:36:22 +0000]
Merge branch 'acpica' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6

* 'acpica' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6:
  ACPI: replace acpi_integer by u64
  ACPICA: Update version to 20100121.
  ACPICA: Remove unused uint32_struct type
  ACPICA: Disassembler: Remove obsolete "Integer64" field in parse object
  ACPICA: Remove obsolete ACPI_INTEGER (acpi_integer) type
  ACPICA: Predefined name repair: fix NULL package elements
  ACPICA: AcpiGetDevices: Eliminate unnecessary _STA calls
  ACPICA: Update all ACPICA copyrights and signons to 2010
  ACPICA: Update for new gcc-4 warning options

9 years agoDaVinci DM365: Adding support for SPI EEPROM
Sandeep Paulraj [Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:51:45 +0000]
DaVinci DM365: Adding support for SPI EEPROM

The DM365 Spectrum Digital EVM comes with an EEPROM
connected to SPI0.
This patch adds support for the SPI EEPROM.

Signed-off-by: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@deeprootsystems.com>

9 years agoDaVinci DM365: Adding DM365 SPI support
Sandeep Paulraj [Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:51:31 +0000]
DaVinci DM365: Adding DM365 SPI support

This patch adds SPI init for DM365.
It does the following
1) Initializes SPI0
2) Defines resources to be used by SPI0
3) Adds platform data for SPI0

Signed-off-by: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@deeprootsystems.com>

9 years agoDaVinci DM355: Modifications to DM355 SPI support
Sandeep Paulraj [Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:51:15 +0000]
DaVinci DM355: Modifications to DM355 SPI support

This patch does the following

1) Minor change to the SPI clocks making it
similar to DM365.
2) Changing the interrupt used by SPI0
3) Adding EDMA resources that can be used by SPI0
4) Adding platform specific data.

Signed-off-by: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@deeprootsystems.com>

9 years agoDaVinci: SPI: Adding header file for SPI support.
Sandeep Paulraj [Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:51:02 +0000]
DaVinci: SPI: Adding header file for SPI support.

This patch adds "spi.h" header file that will be used by board and
architecture specific code.

Signed-off-by: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@deeprootsystems.com>

9 years agodavinci: dm646x: CDCE clocks: davinci_clk converted to clk_lookup
Kevin Hilman [Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:22:23 +0000]
davinci: dm646x: CDCE clocks: davinci_clk converted to clk_lookup

Remove unneeded 'struct davinci_clk' wrapper around 'struct
clk_lookup' and use clk_lookup directly.

Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@deeprootsystems.com>

9 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:14:46 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] wrong attribute of HUB chip written in uv_setup()
  [IA64] remove trailing space in messages
  [IA64] use asm-generic/scatterlist.h
  [IA64] build arch/ia64/kernel/acpi-ext.o when CONFIG_ACPI
  [IA64] Only build arch/ia64/kernel/acpi.o when CONFIG_ACPI
  [IA64] Remove COMPAT_IA32 support

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://repo.or.cz/cris-mirror
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:06:09 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://repo.or.cz/cris-mirror

* 'for-linus' of git://repo.or.cz/cris-mirror:
  cris: Fixup last users of irq_chip->typename
  CRIS v32: Should index be positive?

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:16:21 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost:
  virtio: fix out of range array access

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:15:15 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of /home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (100 commits)
  ARM: Eliminate decompressor -Dstatic= PIC hack
  ARM: 5958/1: ARM: U300: fix inverted clk round rate
  ARM: 5956/1: misplaced parentheses
  ARM: 5955/1: ep93xx: move timer defines into core.c and document
  ARM: 5954/1: ep93xx: move gpio interrupt support to gpio.c
  ARM: 5953/1: ep93xx: fix broken build of clock.c
  ARM: 5952/1: ARM: MM: Add ARM_L1_CACHE_SHIFT_6 for handle inside each ARCH Kconfig
  ARM: 5949/1: NUC900 add gpio virtual memory map
  ARM: 5948/1: Enable timer0 to time4 clock support for nuc910
  ARM: 5940/2: ARM: MMCI: remove custom DBG macro and printk
  ARM: make_coherent(): fix problems with highpte, part 2
  MM: Pass a PTE pointer to update_mmu_cache() rather than the PTE itself
  ARM: 5945/1: ep93xx: include correct irq.h in core.c
  ARM: 5933/1: amba-pl011: support hardware flow control
  ARM: 5930/1: Add PKMAP area description to memory.txt.
  ARM: 5929/1: Add checks to detect overlap of memory regions.
  ARM: 5928/1: Change type of VMALLOC_END to unsigned long.
  ARM: 5927/1: Make delimiters of DMA area globally visibly.
  ARM: 5926/1: Add "Virtual kernel memory..." printout.
  ARM: 5920/1: OMAP4: Enable L2 Cache
  ...

Fix up trivial conflict in arch/arm/mach-mx25/clock.c

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.34' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:00:29 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.34' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block

* 'for-2.6.34' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block: (38 commits)
  block: don't access jiffies when initialising io_context
  cfq: remove 8 bytes of padding from cfq_rb_root on 64 bit builds
  block: fix for "Consolidate phys_segment and hw_segment limits"
  cfq-iosched: quantum check tweak
  blktrace: perform cleanup after setup error
  blkdev: fix merge_bvec_fn return value checks
  cfq-iosched: requests "in flight" vs "in driver" clarification
  cciss: Fix problem with scatter gather elements in the scsi half of the driver
  cciss: eliminate unnecessary pointer use in cciss scsi code
  cciss: do not use void pointer for scsi hba data
  cciss: factor out scatter gather chain block mapping code
  cciss: fix scatter gather chain block dma direction kludge
  cciss: simplify scatter gather code
  cciss: factor out scatter gather chain block allocation and freeing
  cciss: detect bad alignment of scsi commands at build time
  cciss: clarify command list padding calculation
  cfq-iosched: rethink seeky detection for SSDs
  cfq-iosched: rework seeky detection
  block: remove padding from io_context on 64bit builds
  block: Consolidate phys_segment and hw_segment limits
  ...

9 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:58:44 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6: (252 commits)
  ASoC: Check progress when reporting periods from i.MX FIQ handler
  ASoC: Remove a unused variables from i.MX FIQ runtime data
  ALSA: hda - Add/fix ALC269 FSC and Quanta models
  ALSA: hda - Add ALC670 codec support
  OMAP4: PMIC: Add support for twl6030 codec
  ALSA: hda - remove unnecessary msleep on power state transitions
  usb/gadget/{f_audio,gmidi}.c: follow recent changes in audio.h
  ASoC: fsi: Modify over/under run error settlement
  ASoC: OMAP4: Add McPDM platform driver
  ASoC: OMAP4: Add support for McPDM
  ASoC: OMAP: data_type and sync_mode configurable in audio dma
  ALSA: hda - Add missing description in HD-Audio-Models.txt
  ALSA: add support for Macbook Air 2,1 internal speaker
  ALSA: usbaudio: consolidate header files
  ALSA: usbmixer: bail out early when parsing audio class v2 descriptors
  ALSA: usbaudio: implement basic set of class v2.0 parser
  ALSA: usbaudio: introduce new types for audio class v2
  ALSA: usbaudio: parse USB descriptors with structs
  ALSA: hda - enable snoop for Intel Cougar Point
  ALSA: hda - Remove identical definitions for macmini3 model
  ...

9 years agoMerge branches 'futexes-for-linus', 'irq-core-for-linus' and 'bkl-drivers-for-linus...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:51:52 +0000]
Merge branches 'futexes-for-linus', 'irq-core-for-linus' and 'bkl-drivers-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip

* 'futexes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip:
  futex: Protect pid lookup in compat code with RCU

* 'irq-core-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip:
  genirq: Fix documentation of default chip disable()

* 'bkl-drivers-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip:
  nvram: Drop the BKL from nvram_open()

9 years agoMerge branch 'timers-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:48:25 +0000]
Merge branch 'timers-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip

* 'timers-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip:
  posix-timers.c: Don't export local functions
  clocksource: start CMT at clocksource resume
  clocksource: add suspend callback
  clocksource: add argument to resume callback
  ntp: Cleanup xtime references in ntp.c
  ntp: Make time_esterror and time_maxerror static

9 years agoscsi.c: add missing kernel-doc notation for new VPD parameters
Randy Dunlap [Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:32:45 +0000]
scsi.c: add missing kernel-doc notation for new VPD parameters

Add missing kernel-doc notation for new function parameters:

Warning(drivers/scsi/scsi.c:1031): No description found for parameter 'buf'
Warning(drivers/scsi/scsi.c:1031): No description found for parameter 'buf_len'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Cc: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

9 years agopci: don't reassign to ROM res if it is not going to be enabled
Yinghai Lu [Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:49:39 +0000]
pci: don't reassign to ROM res if it is not going to be enabled

A ROM resource that doesn't fit should not cause us to try to re-assign
all the bus resources.  Nobody generally cares, and re-assigning is
going to just cause way more troubles than it tries to solve.

Signed-off-by: Yinghai Lu <yinghai@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>