11 years ago[ALSA] Fix build error without CONFIG_HAS_DMA
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:59:36 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix build error without CONFIG_HAS_DMA

The recent change of include/asm-generic/dma-mapping-broken.h breaks
the build without CONFIG_HAS_DMA.  This patch is an ad hoc fix.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Unmute the Audio/Micro Dock after firmware load.
James Courtier-Dutton [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:44:49 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Unmute the Audio/Micro Dock after firmware load.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Implement SPDIF/ADAT status.
James Courtier-Dutton [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:31:39 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Implement SPDIF/ADAT status.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Fixes to follow the standard coding style
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:50:09 +0000]
[ALSA] Fixes to follow the standard coding style

Fixed the tutorial to follow the standard kernel coding style.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix the initial mixer state of ALC262 sony-assamd model
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:49:22 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix the initial mixer state of ALC262 sony-assamd model

Many of ALC262 codes don't call the automute function at the beginning,
which may keep the silence until the HP jack is replugged.  Now proper
init_hook is added.
Also, sony-assamd model doesn't handle the widget 0x14 properly, thus
calling automute isn't enough.  Now Front switch handles both widgets.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: remove extra commands in SPI DAC init sequence
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:41:17 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: remove extra commands in SPI DAC init sequence

The init sequence set a number of registers more than once to different
values.  It's only necessary to set them once to their final values.
It also never actually updated the digital attenuation settings.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Add more symbol SPI register names and use them
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:40:39 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: Add more symbol SPI register names and use them

Add more symbol name for SPI register values.  Change the SPI_XXX_BIT defines
from the bit number to a mask.  Saves having to write (1<<SPI_XXX_BIT) all the
time to convert to mask.  We never end up wanting the bit number.
Use all the symbol names for the SPI DAC init sequence.  The sequence is
exactly the same as it was before.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: power down SPI DAC channels when not in use
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:39:59 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: power down SPI DAC channels when not in use

For cards with an SPI DAC (SB Live 24-bit / Audigy SE), power down channels
0-2 when not in use.  They are powered up on PCM open and down again on PCM
close.  Channel 4 (== Front) is not powered down, as it is used for capture
feedback.  Powering it down would effectively kill line in pass-through.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1988 SPDIF output
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:04:05 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1988 SPDIF output

The SPDIF output on AD1988 had some problems due to the wrongly routed
analog loopback to SPDIF.  This patch fixes the implementation of
'IEC958 Playback Source' mixer to handle the amp bits of mixer widget
0x1d correctly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] s3c24xx-pcm: fix hw_params dma handling
Harald Welte [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:49:39 +0000]
[ALSA] s3c24xx-pcm: fix hw_params dma handling

Since the PCM emulation can call multiple times to hw_setup(), but we
can only once allocate/request the DMA channel, we have to handle
this gracefully.

Signed-off-by: Harald Welte <laforge@openmoko.org>
Signed-off-by: Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: replaced control add sequences with macro
Trent Piepho [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:10:34 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: replaced control add sequences with macro

Turn a rather long lined for loop that is duplicated multiple times into a
macro.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog mute controls for cards with SPI DAC
Trent Piepho [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:06:16 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog mute controls for cards with SPI DAC

Add four mute controls for the analog output channels for cards that use
an SPI DAC, like the SB0570 SB Live! 24-bit / Audigy SE.  The Wolfson DAC
doesn't support muting left/right so the controls are mono.
The chip state struct gets a 32-byte array to act as a shadow of the spi
dac registers.  Only two registers are used for mute, but more would be
needed for analog gain, de-emphasis, DAC power down, phase inversion, and
other features.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci/cs46xx/: fix an off-by-one
Adrian Bunk [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:56:45 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci/cs46xx/: fix an off-by-one

This patch fixes an off-by-one in a snd_assert() spotted by the
Coverity checker.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix missing replacement to snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:21:21 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix missing replacement to snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info

There were some places I forgot to replace with snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Support for ADAT and S/PDIF.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:30:22 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Support for ADAT and S/PDIF.

Patch submitted by Ctirad Fertr
<c.fertr@volny.cz>

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-ca0106:Add recognition for new variant. Fixes ALSA bug#3251
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:12:41 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-ca0106:Add recognition for new variant. Fixes ALSA bug#3251

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Improves firmware loading for E-Mu cards.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:52:27 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Improves firmware loading for E-Mu cards.

Details:
Fixes http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8176

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci: fix volume handling of the 44.1 kHz slot
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:38:44 +0000]
[ALSA] ymfpci: fix volume handling of the 44.1 kHz slot

The existing code for handling the 44.1 slot's volume has two problems:
the volume is not affected by the 'Wave Playback Volume' mixer control,
and the BUF441OUTVOL register, which is used to control the per-
substream volume for this slot, uses a different scale than the gain
fields of the other slots.
This patch makes the BUF441OUTVOL register a shadow of the
NATIVEDACOUTVOL register so that the Wave volume is consistent for all
substreams.
As a consequence of this, the per-substream PCM volume control gets no
longer activated for the substream using this slot.  The code for
(de)activating the mixer control is moved from the open/close to the
prepare/trigger_stop callbacks so that it is able to determine the
substream's slot.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ALSA sound driver for the AT73C213 DAC using Atmel SSC driver
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:01:38 +0000]
[ALSA] ALSA sound driver for the AT73C213 DAC using Atmel SSC driver

This patch adds support for the AT73C213 DAC using the misc Atmel SSC driver in
I2S mode. The driver also requires a SPI to setup the registers and control
volume.
It has been tested with an AT32AP7000 on the ATSTK1000 development board. The
driver should also work with any Atmel device with an SSC module supported by
the Atmel SSC driver (atmel-ssc).
The atmel-ssc driver is just submitted to the Linux kernel. Please see mail
thread http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/16/32

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add SPI devices to ALSA Kconfig and Makefile
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:52:42 +0000]
[ALSA] Add SPI devices to ALSA Kconfig and Makefile

This patch adds SPI devices in the ALSA diretory, including the Kconfig and
Makefile.

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Fix Kconfig entry for SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753
Arnaud Patard [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:43:37 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix Kconfig entry for SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753

SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753 depends on MACH_GTA01 but the Kconfig
entry which is going to be merged is MACH_NEO1973_GTA01.

Signed-off-by: Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Clean up with common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:42:26 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up with common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info callbacks

Clean up codes using the new common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info() callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add helper functions for frequently used callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:41:34 +0000]
[ALSA] Add helper functions for frequently used callbacks

Added helper functions for frequenty used callbacks:
  snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info() and snd_ctl_boolean_stereo_info()

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add support for E-Mu 1616 PCI, 1616M PCI, 0404 PCI, E-Mu
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:01:46 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add support for E-Mu 1616 PCI, 1616M PCI, 0404 PCI, E-Mu

Notebook.
Description: The .device=0x0008 chips have new, but different EMU32 in/out
channels. Driver updated to make use of these EMU32 channels.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/core/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:15:42 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/core/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/core/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/soc/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:15:16 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/soc/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/soc/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/ppc/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:14:53 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/ppc/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/ppc/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Fix tas_suspend/resume build warning
Stephen Rothwell [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:10:07 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix tas_suspend/resume build warning

sound/aoa/codecs/snd-aoa-codec-tas.c:750: warning: 'tas_suspend' defined but not used
sound/aoa/codecs/snd-aoa-codec-tas.c:760: warning: 'tas_resume' defined but not used
Acked-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

11 years agoMerge branch 'devel' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:08:50 +0000]
Merge branch 'devel' of /home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* 'devel' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (95 commits)
  [ARM] 4578/1: CM-x270: PCMCIA support
  [ARM] 4577/1: ITE 8152 PCI bridge support
  [ARM] 4576/1: CM-X270 machine support
  [ARM] pxa: Avoid pxa_gpio_mode() in gpio_direction_{in,out}put()
  [ARM] pxa: move pxa_set_mode() from pxa2xx_mainstone.c to mainstone.c
  [ARM] pxa: move pxa_set_mode() from pxa2xx_lubbock.c to lubbock.c
  [ARM] pxa: Make cpu_is_pxaXXX dependent on configuration symbols
  [ARM] pxa: PXA3xx base support
  [NET] smc91x: fix PXA DMA support code
  [SERIAL] Fix console initialisation ordering
  [ARM] pxa: tidy up arch/arm/mach-pxa/Makefile
  [ARM] Update arch/arm/Kconfig for drivers/Kconfig changes
  [ARM] 4600/1: fix kernel build failure with build-id-supporting binutils
  [ARM] 4599/1: Preserve ATAG list for use with kexec (2.6.23)
  [ARM] Rename consistent_sync() as dma_cache_maint()
  [ARM] 4572/1: ep93xx: add cirrus logic edb9307 support
  [ARM] 4596/1: S3C2412: Correct IRQs for SDI+CF and add decoding support
  [ARM] 4595/1: ns9xxx: define registers as void __iomem * instead of volatile u32
  [ARM] 4594/1: ns9xxx: use the new gpio functions
  [ARM] 4593/1: ns9xxx: implement generic clockevents
  ...

11 years agoMerge branch 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:07:40 +0000]
Merge branch 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

* 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux:
  nfsd: remove IS_ISMNDLCK macro
  Rework /proc/locks via seq_files and seq_list helpers
  fs/locks.c: use list_for_each_entry() instead of list_for_each()
  NFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  AFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  9PFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  GFS2: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  Cleanup macros for distinguishing mandatory locks
  Documentation: move locks.txt in filesystems/
  locks: add warning about mandatory locking races
  Documentation: move mandatory locking documentation to filesystems/
  locks: Fix potential OOPS in generic_setlease()
  Use list_first_entry in locks_wake_up_blocks
  locks: fix flock_lock_file() comment
  Memory shortage can result in inconsistent flocks state
  locks: kill redundant local variable
  locks: reverse order of posix_locks_conflict() arguments

11 years agoMerge branch 'release' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:32:57 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of ssh:///linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] build fix for scatterlist

11 years ago[libata] pata_cs5536: new API build fix
Jeff Garzik [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:10:12 +0000]
[libata] pata_cs5536: new API build fix

This driver was using hooks that were very recently removed.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

11 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:06:58 +0000]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (42 commits)
  [IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair
  [TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit
  [TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation
  [NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback
  [NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL
  [INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue
  [ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.
  [IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers
  [SELINUX]: Update for netfilter ->hook() arg changes.
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_put
  [INET]: Small cleanup for xxx_put after evictor consolidation
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_evictor
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_destroy
  [INET]: Consolidate xxx_the secret_rebuild
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_kill
  [INET]: Collect common frag sysctl variables together
  [INET]: Collect frag queues management objects together
  [INET]: Move common fields from frag_queues in one place.
  [TG3]: Fix performance regression on 5705.
  [ISDN]: Remove local copy of device name to make sure renames work.
  ...

11 years agoMap volume and brightness events on thinkpads
Jeremy Katz [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:45:10 +0000]
Map volume and brightness events on thinkpads

There are standard keycodes for brightness and volume; map the events to
emit them so that things work properly

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years ago[IA64] build fix for scatterlist
Tony Luck [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:49:43 +0000]
[IA64] build fix for scatterlist

include/scsi/scsi_eh.h:79: error: field `sense_sgl' has incomplete type

x86 resolves this by including scatterlist.h from dma-mapping.h which
seems as good a place as any.

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:41:39 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input: (40 commits)
  Input: use full RCU API
  Input: remove tsdev interface
  Input: add support for Blackfin BF54x Keypad controller
  Input: appletouch - another fix for idle reset logic
  HWMON: hdaps - switch to using input-polldev
  Input: add support for SEGA Dreamcast keyboard
  Input: omap-keyboard - don't pretend we support changing keymap
  Input: lifebook - fix X and Y axis range
  Input: usbtouchscreen - add support for GeneralTouch devices
  Input: fix open count handling in input interfaces
  Input: keyboard - add CapsShift lock
  Input: adbhid - produce all CapsLock key events
  Input: ALPS - add signature for ThinkPad R61
  Input: jornada720_kbd - send MSC_SCAN events
  Input: add support for the HP Jornada 7xx (710/720/728) touchscreen
  Input: add support for HP Jornada 7xx onboard keyboard
  Input: add support for HP Jornada onboard keyboard (HP6XX)
  Input: ucb1400_ts - use schedule_timeout_uninterruptible
  Input: xpad - fix dependancy on LEDS class
  Input: auto-select INPUT for MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN option
  ...

Resolved conflicts manually in drivers/hwmon/applesmc.c: converting from
a class device to a device and converting to use input-polldev created a
few apparently trivial clashes..

11 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:31:14 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev:
  [libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)
  libata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted
  ata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix
  pata_cs5536: ATA driver for Geode companion chip
  libata: add ST9160821AS / 3.CCD to NCQ blacklist
  libata: fix revalidation issuing after configuration commands
  [libata] sata_nv: add SW NCQ support for MCP51/MCP55/MCP61
  [libata] pata_sil680: Add MMIO support

11 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:30:35 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6: (35 commits)
  xen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx
  netdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()
  ucc_geth: Fix build break introduced by commit 09f75cd7bf13720738e6a196cc0107ce9a5bd5a0
  gianfar: Fix regression caused by new napi interface
  gianfar: Cleanup compile warning caused by 0795af57
  gianfar: Fix compile regression caused by bea3348e
  add new prom.h for AU1x00
  update AU1000 get_ethernet_addr()
  MIPSsim: General cleanup
  Jazzsonic: Fix warning about unused variable.
  Remove msic_dcr_read() in axon_msi.c
  Use dcr_host_t.base in dcr_unmap()
  Add dcr_host_t.base in dcr_read()/dcr_write()
  Use dcr_host_t.base in ibm_emac_mal
  Update ibm_newemac to use dcr_host_t.base
  tehuti: possible leak in bdx_probe
  TC35815: Fix build
  SAA9730: Fix build
  AR7 ethernet
  myri10ge: update driver version to 1.3.2-1.287
  ...

11 years agoxen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx
Jeremy Fitzhardinge [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:59:53 +0000]
xen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx

Keep tx and rx elements separate on different cachelines to prevent
bouncing.

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xensource.com>
Acked-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
Cc: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agoAtari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments
Geert Uytterhoeven [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:51:10 +0000]
Atari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments

Atari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments:
  o Kill reference to source file name
  o Return error value from input_register_device() instead of -ENOMEM

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Cc: Michael Schmitz <schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years ago[IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:02:51 +0000]
[IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair

The difference in both functions is in the "id" passed to
the rt6_select, so just pass it as an extra argument from
two outer helpers.

This is minus 60 lines of code and 360 bytes of .text

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit
Ilpo Järvinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:59:43 +0000]
[TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit

Very little point of having 32-bit snd_cnwd if this is not
32-bit as well, as a number of snd_cwnd incrementation formulas
assume that snd_cwnd_cnt can be at least as large as snd_cwnd.

Whether 32-bit is useful was discussed when e0ef57cc56c3c96
was made:
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=117218144409825&w=2

Signed-off-by: Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@helsinki.fi>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation
Jean Delvare [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:58:35 +0000]
[TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation

* Say that this interface is deprecated.
* Update function name references to match the current code.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agonetdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()
Alejandro Martinez Ruiz [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:37:43 +0000]
netdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()

This will convert remaining non-obvious or naive calculations of array
sizes to use ARRAY_SIZE() macro.

Signed-off-by: Alejandro Martinez Ruiz <alex@flawedcode.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years ago[NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:55:33 +0000]
[NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback

When the loopback device is failed to initialize inside the new
namespaces, panic() is called. Do not do it when the namespace
in question is not the init_net.

Plus cleanup the error path a bit.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoReinstate lost flush_ioremap_region() fix to pxa2xx-flash driver
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:55:20 +0000]
Reinstate lost flush_ioremap_region() fix to pxa2xx-flash driver

Commit 90833fdab89da02fc0276224167f0a42e5176f41 ("[ARM] 4554/1: replace
consistent_sync() with flush_ioremap_region()") introduced a new
"flush_ioremap_region()" function to be used by the MTD mainstone-flash
and lubbock-flash drivers to fix a regression from around 2.6.18.

Those drivers were independently merged into a single driver by Todd
Poynor in commit e644f7d6289456657996df4192de76c5d0a9f9c7 ("[MTD] MAPS:
Merge Lubbock and Mainstone drivers into common PXA2xx driver")

Later, those two commits were merged into the main MTD tree by commit
b160292cc216a50fd0cd386b0bda2cd48352c73b ("Merge Linux 2.6.23") by David
Woodhouse, but in that merge, the fix to use flush_iomap_region() got
lost (as it was to files that now no longer existed).

This reinstates the fix in the new driver.

Noticed-by: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
Tested-and-acked-by: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Cc: Jared Hulbert <jaredeh@gmail.com>
Cc: Todd Poynor <tpoynor@mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years ago[NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:54:15 +0000]
[NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL

The pnigh_lookup is used to lookup proxy entries and to
create them in case lookup failed.

However, the "creation" code does not perform the re-lookup
after GFP_KERNEL allocation. This is done because the code
is expected to be protected with the RTNL lock, so add the
assertion (mainly to address future questions from new network
developers like me :) ).

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue
Denis V. Lunev [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:53:13 +0000]
[INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue

kmalloc + memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue

Signed-off-by: Denis V. Lunev <den@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.
Denis V. Lunev [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:52:20 +0000]
[ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 06:44:56PM +0400, Denis V. Lunev wrote:
Compilation fix. The problem appears after
7c076d1de869256848dacb8de0050a3a390f95df by Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>

Acked-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Denis V. Lunev <den@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)
Kristoffer Ericson [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:51:42 +0000]
[libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

11 years ago[IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:50:28 +0000]
[IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers

With all the users of the double pointers removed from the IPv6 input path,
this patch converts all occurances of sk_buff ** to sk_buff * in IPv6 input
handlers.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoscsi/gdth: fix crash in gdth_timeout if no gdth controllers found
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:46:16 +0000]
scsi/gdth: fix crash in gdth_timeout if no gdth controllers found

If the gdth module is loaded (or compiled in), the gdth_timeout function
gets started even if no actual gdth controllers are found b the probing.

That ends up not only being unnecessary, but also causes a crash due to
the function blindly just trying to pick the first entry off the
"gdth_instances" list, and accessing it - which obviously doesn't work
if the list is empty!

Noticed by Ingo Molnar.

Tested-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agolibata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted
Andrew Paprocki [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:43:12 +0000]
libata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted

The strn_pattern_cmp routine does not handle a blank name parameter
properly. The only patterns which should match a blank name are "*"
and an explicit "". If the function is passed a blank name in current
code, it will always match against the patt parameter. The bug manifests
itself as the device with the empty model name always matching the first
device in the DMA blacklist, forcing it to revert to PIO mode.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Paprocki <andrew@ishiboo.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

11 years agoata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix
Jason Gaston [Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:05:15 +0000]
ata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix

This patch adds a port map for ICH9 and ICH8 SATA controllers that have only 2 ports available in that mode.

Signed-off-by: Jason Gaston <jason.d.gaston@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agopata_cs5536: ATA driver for Geode companion chip
Martin K. Petersen [Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:38:19 +0000]
pata_cs5536: ATA driver for Geode companion chip

This is a driver for the ATA controller on the Geode CS5536 companion
chip.  The PCI device ID for this device was previously claimed by
pata_amd.c but the PIO timings were not correct.  This driver also
works around a bug in some BIOSes that handle unaligned access to the
PCI config registers poorly.  Finally, the driver allows fallback to
using MSR registers for configuration on BIOSes that are truly
broken.

Signed-off-by: Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years ago[SELINUX]: Update for netfilter ->hook() arg changes.
David S. Miller [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:58:25 +0000]
[SELINUX]: Update for netfilter ->hook() arg changes.

They take a "struct sk_buff *" instead of a "struct sk_buff **" now.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_put
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:41:56 +0000]
[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_put

These ones use the generic data types too, so move
them in one place.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Small cleanup for xxx_put after evictor consolidation
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:41:09 +0000]
[INET]: Small cleanup for xxx_put after evictor consolidation

After the evictor code is consolidated there is no need in
passing the extra pointer to the xxx_put() functions.

The only place when it made sense was the evictor code itself.

Maybe this change must got with the previous (or with the
next) patch, but I try to make them shorter as much as
possible to simplify the review (but they are still large
anyway), so this change goes in a separate patch.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_evictor
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:40:06 +0000]
[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_evictor

The evictors collect some statistics for ipv4 and ipv6,
so make it return the number of evicted queues and account
them all at once in the caller.

The XXX_ADD_STATS_BH() macros are just for this case,
but maybe there are places in code, that can make use of
them as well.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_destroy
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:39:14 +0000]
[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_destroy

To make in possible we need to know the exact frag queue
size for inet_frags->mem management and two callbacks:

 * to destoy the skb (optional, used in conntracks only)
 * to free the queue itself (mandatory, but later I plan to
   move the allocation and the destruction of frag_queues
   into the common place, so this callback will most likely
   be optional too).

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Consolidate xxx_the secret_rebuild
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:38:08 +0000]
[INET]: Consolidate xxx_the secret_rebuild

This code works with the generic data types as well, so
move this into inet_fragment.c

This move makes it possible to hide the secret_timer
management and the secret_rebuild routine completely in
the inet_fragment.c

Introduce the ->hashfn() callback in inet_frags() to get
the hashfun for a given inet_frag_queue() object.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_kill
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:37:18 +0000]
[INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_kill

Since now all the xxx_frag_kill functions now work
with the generic inet_frag_queue data type, this can
be moved into a common place.

The xxx_unlink() code is moved as well.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Collect common frag sysctl variables together
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:33:45 +0000]
[INET]: Collect common frag sysctl variables together

Some sysctl variables are used to tune the frag queues
management and it will be useful to work with them in
a common way in the future, so move them into one
structure, moreover they are the same for all the frag
management codes.

I don't place them in the existing inet_frags object,
introduced in the previous patch for two reasons:

 1. to keep them in the __read_mostly section;
 2. not to export the whole inet_frags objects outside.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Collect frag queues management objects together
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:31:52 +0000]
[INET]: Collect frag queues management objects together

There are some objects that are common in all the places
which are used to keep track of frag queues, they are:

 * hash table
 * LRU list
 * rw lock
 * rnd number for hash function
 * the number of queues
 * the amount of memory occupied by queues
 * secret timer

Move all this stuff into one structure (struct inet_frags)
to make it possible use them uniformly in the future. Like
with the previous patch this mostly consists of hunks like

-    write_lock(&ipfrag_lock);
+    write_lock(&ip4_frags.lock);

To address the issue with exporting the number of queues and
the amount of memory occupied by queues outside the .c file
they are declared in, I introduce a couple of helpers.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[INET]: Move common fields from frag_queues in one place.
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:24:19 +0000]
[INET]: Move common fields from frag_queues in one place.

Introduce the struct inet_frag_queue in include/net/inet_frag.h
file and place there all the common fields from three structs:

 * struct ipq in ipv4/ip_fragment.c
 * struct nf_ct_frag6_queue in nf_conntrack_reasm.c
 * struct frag_queue in ipv6/reassembly.c

After this, replace these fields on appropriate structures with
this structure instance and fix the users to use correct names
i.e. hunks like

-    atomic_dec(&fq->refcnt);
+    atomic_dec(&fq->q.refcnt);

(these occupy most of the patch)

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[TG3]: Fix performance regression on 5705.
Michael Chan [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:12:26 +0000]
[TG3]: Fix performance regression on 5705.

A performance regression was introduced by the following commit:

    commit ee6a99b539a50b4e9398938a0a6d37f8bf911550
    Author: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
    Date:   Wed Jul 18 21:49:10 2007 -0700

    [TG3]: Fix msi issue with kexec/kdump.

In making that change, the PCI latency timer and cache line size
registers were not restored after chip reset.  On the 5705, the
latency timer gets reset to 0 during chip reset and this causes
very poor performance.

Update version to 3.84.

Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <mchan@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[ISDN]: Remove local copy of device name to make sure renames work.
Karsten Keil [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:11:44 +0000]
[ISDN]: Remove local copy of device name to make sure renames work.

Signed-off-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[TCP]: high_seq parameter removed (all callers use tp->high_seq)
Ilpo Järvinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:10:32 +0000]
[TCP]: high_seq parameter removed (all callers use tp->high_seq)

Signed-off-by: Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@helsinki.fi>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV6]: Uninline netfilter okfns
Patrick McHardy [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:51:38 +0000]
[IPV6]: Uninline netfilter okfns

Uninline netfilter okfns for those cases where gcc can generate tail-calls.

Before:
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
8994153 1016524  524652 10535329         a0c1a1 vmlinux

After:
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
8992761 1016524  524652 10533937         a0bc31 vmlinux
-------------------------------------------------------
  -1392

All cases have been verified to generate tail-calls with and without netfilter.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[BRIDGE]: Remove SKB share checks in br_nf_pre_routing().
Patrick McHardy [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:50:09 +0000]
[BRIDGE]: Remove SKB share checks in br_nf_pre_routing().

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV4]: Uninline netfilter okfns
Patrick McHardy [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:48:39 +0000]
[IPV4]: Uninline netfilter okfns

Now that we don't pass double skb pointers to nf_hook_slow anymore, gcc
can generate tail calls for some of the netfilter hook okfn invocations,
so there is no need to inline the functions anymore. This caused huge
code bloat since we ended up with one inlined version and one out-of-line
version since we pass the address to nf_hook_slow.

Before:
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
8997385 1016524  524652 10538561         a0ce41 vmlinux

After:
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
8994009 1016524  524652 10535185         a0c111 vmlinux
-------------------------------------------------------
  -3376

All cases have been verified to generate tail-calls with and without
netfilter. The okfns in ipmr and xfrm4_input still remain inline because
gcc can't generate tail-calls for them.

Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NET]: Avoid copying TCP packets unnecessarily
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:47:15 +0000]
[NET]: Avoid copying TCP packets unnecessarily

TCP packets all have writable heads, that is, even though it's cloned, it is
writable up to the end of the TCP header.  This patch makes skb_checksum_help
aware of this fact by using skb_clone_writable and avoiding a copy for TCP.

I've also modified the BUG_ON tests to be unsigned.  The only case where this
makes a difference is if csum_start points to a location before skb->data.
Since skb->data should always include the header where the checksum field
is (and all currently callers adhere to that), this change is safe and may
uncover bugs later.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NET]: Fix csum_start update in pskb_expand_head
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:46:08 +0000]
[NET]: Fix csum_start update in pskb_expand_head

I got confused by the dual nature of the off variable in the
function pskb_expand_head.  The csum_start offset should use
nhead instead of off which can change depending on whether we
are using offsets or pointers.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NIU]: getting rid of __ucmpdi2 in niu.o
Al Viro [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:42:31 +0000]
[NIU]: getting rid of __ucmpdi2 in niu.o

By the time we get to that switch by PHY type, we have 8bit
value.  No need to keep it in u64 when u8 would do.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NETLINK]: Don't leak 'listeners' in netlink_kernel_create()
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:39:12 +0000]
[NETLINK]: Don't leak 'listeners' in netlink_kernel_create()

The Coverity checker spotted that we'll leak the storage allocated
to 'listeners' in netlink_kernel_create() when the
  if (!nl_table[unit].registered)
check is false.

This patch avoids the leak.

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Acked-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV6] __inet6_csk_dst_store(): fix check-after-use
Adrian Bunk [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:37:55 +0000]
[IPV6] __inet6_csk_dst_store(): fix check-after-use

The Coverity checker spotted that we have already oops'ed if "dst" was
NULL.

Since "dst" being NULL doesn't seem to be possible at this point this
patch removes the NULL check.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Acked-by: Masahide NAKAMURA <nakam@linux-ipv6.org>
Acked-by: Noriaki TAKAMIYA <takamiya@po.ntts.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NIU]: Fix write past end of array in niu_pci_probe_sprom().
David S. Miller [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:36:24 +0000]
[NIU]: Fix write past end of array in niu_pci_probe_sprom().

Noticed by Coverity checker and reported by Adrian Bunk.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV6]: Avoid skb_copy/pskb_copy/skb_realloc_headroom on input
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:29:10 +0000]
[IPV6]: Avoid skb_copy/pskb_copy/skb_realloc_headroom on input

This patch replaces unnecessary uses of skb_copy by pskb_expand_head
on the IPv6 input path.

This allows us to remove the double pointers later.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV6]: Make ipv6_frag_rcv return the same packet
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:28:47 +0000]
[IPV6]: Make ipv6_frag_rcv return the same packet

This patch implements the same change taht was done to ip_defrag.  It
makes ipv6_frag_rcv return the last packet received of a train of fragments
rather than the head of that sequence.

This allows us to get rid of the sk_buff ** argument later.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NETFILTER]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff *
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:53:15 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff *

With all the users of the double pointers removed, this patch mops up by
finally replacing all occurances of sk_buff ** in the netfilter API by
sk_buff *.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NETFILTER]: Avoid skb_copy/pskb_copy/skb_realloc_headroom
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:39:55 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: Avoid skb_copy/pskb_copy/skb_realloc_headroom

This patch replaces unnecessary uses of skb_copy, pskb_copy and
skb_realloc_headroom by functions such as skb_make_writable and
pskb_expand_head.

This allows us to remove the double pointers later.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPVS]: Replace local version of skb_make_writable
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:39:33 +0000]
[IPVS]: Replace local version of skb_make_writable

This patch removes the IPVS-specific version of skb_make_writable and
replaces it with the netfilter one.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NETFILTER]: Do not copy skb in skb_make_writable
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:39:18 +0000]
[NETFILTER]: Do not copy skb in skb_make_writable

Now that all callers of netfilter can guarantee that the skb is not shared,
we no longer have to copy the skb in skb_make_writable.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[BRIDGE]: Unshare skb upon entry
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:39:01 +0000]
[BRIDGE]: Unshare skb upon entry

Due to the special location of the bridging hook, it should never see a
shared packet anyway (certainly not with any in-kernel code).  So it
makes sense to unshare the skb there if necessary as that will greatly
simplify the code below it (in particular, netfilter).

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[NET]: Avoid unnecessary cloning for ingress filtering
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:38:47 +0000]
[NET]: Avoid unnecessary cloning for ingress filtering

As it is we always invoke pt_prev before ing_filter, even if there are no
ingress filters attached.  This can cause unnecessary cloning in pt_prev.

This patch changes it so that we only invoke pt_prev if there are ingress
filters attached.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV4]: Change ip_defrag to return an integer
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:38:32 +0000]
[IPV4]: Change ip_defrag to return an integer

Now that ip_frag always returns the packet given to it on input, we can
change it to return an integer indicating error instead.  This patch does
that and updates all its callers accordingly.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[IPV4]: Make ip_defrag return the same packet
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:38:15 +0000]
[IPV4]: Make ip_defrag return the same packet

This patch is a bit of a hack.  However it is worth it if you consider that
this is the only reason why we have to carry around the struct sk_buff **
pointers in netfilter.

It makes ip_defrag always return the packet that was given to it on input.
It does this by cloning the packet and replacing its original contents with
the head fragment if necessary.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[SKBUFF]: Add skb_morph
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:37:52 +0000]
[SKBUFF]: Add skb_morph

This patch creates a new function skb_morph that's just like skb_clone
except that it lets user provide the spare skb that will be overwritten
by the one that's to be cloned.

This will be used by IP fragment reassembly so that we get back the same
skb that went in last (rather than the head skb that we get now which
requires us to carry around double pointers all over the place).

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[SKBUFF]: Merge common code between copy_skb_header and skb_clone
Herbert Xu [Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:37:30 +0000]
[SKBUFF]: Merge common code between copy_skb_header and skb_clone

This patch creates a new function __copy_skb_header to merge the common
code between copy_skb_header and skb_clone.  Having two functions which
are largely the same is a source of wasted labour as well as confusion.

In fact the tc_verd stuff is almost certainly a bug since it's treated
differently in skb_clone compared to the callers of copy_skb_header
(skb_copy/pskb_copy/skb_copy_expand).

I've kept that difference in tact with a comment added asking for
clarification.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agolibata: add ST9160821AS / 3.CCD to NCQ blacklist
Tejun Heo [Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:49:26 +0000]
libata: add ST9160821AS / 3.CCD to NCQ blacklist

ST9160821AS / 3.CCD does spurious completions too.  Blacklist it.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agolibata: fix revalidation issuing after configuration commands
Tejun Heo [Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:57:44 +0000]
libata: fix revalidation issuing after configuration commands

After commands which can change device configuration, EH is scheduled
to revalidate and reconfigure the device.  Host link was incorrectly
used unconditionally when scheduling EH action.  This resulted in
bogus revalidation request and mismatched configuration between device
and driver.  Fix it.

This bug was reported by Igor Durdanovic.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Cc: Igor Durdanovic <idurdanovic@comcast.net>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years ago[libata] sata_nv: add SW NCQ support for MCP51/MCP55/MCP61
Kuan Luo [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:16:53 +0000]
[libata] sata_nv: add SW NCQ support for MCP51/MCP55/MCP61

Add the Software NCQ support to sata_nv.c for MCP51/MCP55/MCP61 SATA
controller.  NCQ function is disable by default, you can enable it
with 'swncq=1'.  NCQ will be turned off if the drive is Maxtor on
MCP51 or MCP55 rev 0xa2 platform.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: build fix]
Signed-off-by: Kuan Luo <kluo@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Peer Chen <pchen@nvidia.com>
Cc: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor@dunaweb.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

11 years ago[libata] pata_sil680: Add MMIO support
Benjamin Herrenschmidt [Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:21:22 +0000]
[libata] pata_sil680: Add MMIO support

This patch adds MMIO support to the pata_sil680 for taskfile IOs,
based on what the old siimage does.

I haven't bothered changing the chip setup stuff from PCI config
cycles to MMIO though (siimage does it), I don't think it matters,
I've only adapted it to use MMIO for taskfile accesses.

I've tested it on a Cell blade and it seems to work fine.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agoucc_geth: Fix build break introduced by commit 09f75cd7bf13720738e6a196cc0107ce9a5bd5a0
Emil Medve [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:43:50 +0000]
ucc_geth: Fix build break introduced by commit 09f75cd7bf13720738e6a196cc0107ce9a5bd5a0

drivers/net/ucc_geth.c: In function 'ucc_geth_rx':
drivers/net/ucc_geth.c:3483: error: 'dev' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/net/ucc_geth.c:3483: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/net/ucc_geth.c:3483: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ucc_geth.o] Error 1

Signed-off-by: Emil Medve <Emilian.Medve@Freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agogianfar: Fix regression caused by new napi interface
Li Yang [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:01:12 +0000]
gianfar: Fix regression caused by new napi interface

Protect all new napi function calls with CONFIG_GFAR_NAPI.  Otherwise
the driver will stop working when CONFIG_GFAR_NAPI disabled.

Signed-off-by: Li Yang <leoli@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agogianfar: Cleanup compile warning caused by 0795af57
Li Yang [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:53:53 +0000]
gianfar: Cleanup compile warning caused by 0795af57

Signed-off-by: Li Yang <leoli@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agogianfar: Fix compile regression caused by bea3348e
Li Yang [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:53:51 +0000]
gianfar: Fix compile regression caused by bea3348e

Signed-off-by: Li Yang <leoli@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agoadd new prom.h for AU1x00
Yoichi Yuasa [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:11:24 +0000]
add new prom.h for AU1x00

Add new prom.h for AU1x00.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Acked-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agoupdate AU1000 get_ethernet_addr()
Yoichi Yuasa [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:06:20 +0000]
update AU1000 get_ethernet_addr()

Update AU1000 get_ethernet_addr().
Three functions were brought together in one.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Acked-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

11 years agoMIPSsim: General cleanup
Ralf Baechle [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:59:56 +0000]
MIPSsim: General cleanup

General cleanups mostly as suggested by checkpatch plus getting rid of
homebrew version of offsetof().

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>