10 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6
David S. Miller [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:05:59 +0000]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6

10 years agor6040: bump release number to 0.20
Florian Fainelli [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:03:57 +0000]
r6040: bump release number to 0.20

This patch bumps release number to 0.20 and 07Jan2009.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <florian@openwrt.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agor6040: warn about MAC address being unset
Florian Fainelli [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:02:30 +0000]
r6040: warn about MAC address being unset

Some bootloader/BIOSes do not set the MAC
address, warn about that.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <florian@openwrt.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agor6040: check PHY status when bringing interface up
Florian Fainelli [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:01:58 +0000]
r6040: check PHY status when bringing interface up

This patch makes the driver properly initialize the PHY
status if not correctly set by the bootloader/BIOS.
It prevents some boards to bring up the link on boot.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <florian@openwrt.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agor6040: make printks consistent with DRV_NAME
Florian Fainelli [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:00:52 +0000]
r6040: make printks consistent with DRV_NAME

This patch fixes some printks which were not prefixed
with DRV_NAME, useful when having multiple cards/drivers
on the system.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <florian@openwrt.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agogianfar: Fixup use of BUS_ID_SIZE
Kumar Gala [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:58:38 +0000]
gianfar: Fixup use of BUS_ID_SIZE

Commit b31a1d8b41513b96e9c7ec2f68c5734cef0b26a4 ("gianfar: Convert
gianfar to an of_platform_driver") went back to using BUS_ID_SIZE
instead of sizeof() as per the larger patch series that will remove
"char bus_id[20]" from struct device.

Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agomlx4_en: Returning real Max in get_ringparam
Yevgeny Petrilin [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:57:37 +0000]
mlx4_en: Returning real Max in get_ringparam

Signed-off-by: Yevgeny Petrilin <yevgenyp@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agomlx4_en: Consider inline packets on completion
Yevgeny Petrilin [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:57:15 +0000]
mlx4_en: Consider inline packets on completion

Was trying to unmap work queue entries that had inline packets,
so naturally weren't mapped.

Signed-off-by: Yevgeny Petrilin <yevgenyp@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agonetdev: bfin_mac: enable bfin_mac net dev driver for BF51x
Sonic Zhang [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:52:26 +0000]
netdev: bfin_mac: enable bfin_mac net dev driver for BF51x

Signed-off-by: Sonic Zhang <sonic.zhang@analog.com>
Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoqeth: convert to net_device_ops
Frank Blaschka [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:50:55 +0000]
qeth: convert to net_device_ops

qeth_l2, qeth_l3 convert to net_device_ops.
qeth_l3 remove vlan neigh_setup hack since it does not work any longer
with the new net_device_ops.

Signed-off-by: Frank Blaschka <frank.blaschka@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agovlan: add neigh_setup
Frank Blaschka [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:50:20 +0000]
vlan: add neigh_setup

In case the real device has a neigh_setup function, this
neigh_setup function should be used for the vlan device.

Signed-off-by: Frank Blaschka <frank.blaschka@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agodm9601: warn on invalid mac address
Wu Fengguang [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:47:01 +0000]
dm9601: warn on invalid mac address

Add warnings on invalid mac address to help disclose/debug problems.

Signed-off-by: Wu Fengguang <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Acked-by: Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@sunsite.dk>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agodm9601: tell HW about random generated mac address
Wu Fengguang [Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:52:58 +0000]
dm9601: tell HW about random generated mac address

Otherwise unicast RX will only work in promisc mode.

Signed-off-by: Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@sunsite.dk>
Signed-off-by: Wu Fengguang <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agotcp6: Add GRO support
Herbert Xu [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:41:23 +0000]
tcp6: Add GRO support

This patch adds GRO support for TCP over IPv6.  The code is exactly
the same as the IPv4 version except for the pseudo-header checksum
computation.

Note that I've removed the unused tcphdr argument from tcp_v6_check
rather than invent a bogus value for GRO.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoipv6: Add GRO support
Herbert Xu [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:40:57 +0000]
ipv6: Add GRO support

This patch adds GRO support for IPv6.  IPv6 GRO supports extension
headers in the same way as GSO (by using the same infrastructure).
It's also simpler compared to IPv4 since we no longer have to worry
about fragmentation attributes or header checksums.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agohp100: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:13:49 +0000]
hp100: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agob44: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:10:49 +0000]
b44: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoatp: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:10:24 +0000]
atp: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoamd8111e: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:09:58 +0000]
amd8111e: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoslip: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:09:36 +0000]
slip: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agouwb: convert devices to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:09:07 +0000]
uwb: convert devices to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Acked-by: David Vrabel <david.vrabel@csr.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agogadget: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:05:39 +0000]
gadget: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoxpnet: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:05:11 +0000]
xpnet: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agofusion: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:04:45 +0000]
fusion: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoI4l: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:04:17 +0000]
I4l: convert to net_device_ops

Add net_device_ops and use interal stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Acked-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agohysdn: convert to net_device_ops and other updates
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:03:43 +0000]
hysdn: convert to net_device_ops and other updates

Several API problems fixed:
  * use proper allocation
  * handle renames
  * convert to net_device_ops
  * use internal net_device_stats

This driver is putrid (as in old and rotten), so I doubt any one uses it.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agodvb: update network device to current API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:02:53 +0000]
dvb: update network device to current API

Use internal network_device_stats that exist in network device and
net_device_ops. Compile tested only.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agowindbond: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:02:26 +0000]
windbond: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agouli526x: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:01:40 +0000]
uli526x: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agodmfe: convert to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:01:20 +0000]
dmfe: convert to new API

Convert to internal net_device-stats and net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoxircom: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:00:55 +0000]
xircom: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agode4x5: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:00:31 +0000]
de4x5: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agode2104x: convert to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:59:47 +0000]
de2104x: convert to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agotulip: convert devices to new API
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:59:15 +0000]
tulip: convert devices to new API

Convert to net_device_ops and internal net_device_stats

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Acked-by: Grant Grundler <grundler@parisc-linux.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agosundance: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:58:43 +0000]
sundance: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agostarfire: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:58:17 +0000]
starfire: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agofealnx: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:57:47 +0000]
fealnx: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agonatsemi: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:57:19 +0000]
natsemi: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agosb1000: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:56:54 +0000]
sb1000: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agons83820: fix net_device_ops support
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:36:07 +0000]
ns83820: fix net_device_ops support

The vlan_rx_register fuction is now in net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agosis190: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:35:41 +0000]
sis190: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agode600: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:34:36 +0000]
de600: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoenc28j60: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:30:09 +0000]
enc28j60: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agotyphoon: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:29:46 +0000]
typhoon: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agopcnet32: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:29:16 +0000]
pcnet32: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agosungem: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:28:54 +0000]
sungem: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agosunhme: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:28:35 +0000]
sunhme: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoepic100: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:27:39 +0000]
epic100: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agotlan: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:27:15 +0000]
tlan: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoplip: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:26:48 +0000]
plip: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoipg: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:26:14 +0000]
ipg: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Acked-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agocassini: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:25:41 +0000]
cassini: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agophonet: update to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:24:34 +0000]
phonet: update to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:23:53 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6:
  sparc64: Work around branch tracer warning.
  sparc64: Fix unsigned long long warnings in drivers.
  sparc64: Use unsigned long long for u64.
  sparc: refactor code in fault_32.c
  sparc64: refactor code in init_64.c
  sparc64: refactor code in viohs.c
  sparc: make proces_ver_nack a bit more readable

10 years agobluetooth: driver API update
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:23:17 +0000]
bluetooth: driver API update

Convert to net_device_ops and use internal net_device_stats in bnep
device.

Note: no need for bnep_net_ioctl since if ioctl is not set, then
dev_ifsioc handles it by returning -EOPNOTSUPP

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Acked-by: Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoappletalk: convert ipddp to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:22:19 +0000]
appletalk: convert ipddp to net_device_ops

Use internal element in network device for stats as well.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:22:04 +0000]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6:
  V4L/DVB (10191a): Update MAINTAINERS entries on media drivers
  V4L/DVB (10190): cx88: Fix some Kbuild troubles
  V4L/DVB (10189): dm1105: Fix build with INPUT=m and DVB_DM1105=y
  V4L/DVB (10185): Use negated usb_endpoint_xfer_control, etc
  V4L/DVB (10182): tda8290: fix TDA8290 + TDA18271 initialization
  V4L/DVB (10181): v4l2-device: Fix some sparse warnings
  V4L/DVB (10180): drivers/media: Fix a number of sparse warnings
  V4L/DVB (10179): tda8290: Fix two sparse warnings
  V4L/DVB (10178): dvb_frontend: Fix some sparse warnings due to static symbols
  V4L/DVB (10177): Fix sparse warnings on em28xx
  V4L/DVB (10176b): pxa-camera: fix redefinition warnings and missing DMA definitions
  V4L/DVB (10176a): Switch remaining clear_user_page users over to clear_user_highpage

10 years agoappletalk: convert aarp to net_device_ops
Stephen Hemminger [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:21:44 +0000]
appletalk: convert aarp to net_device_ops

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.29' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:21:24 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.29' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

* 'for-2.6.29' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux: (67 commits)
  nfsd: get rid of NFSD_VERSION
  nfsd: last_byte_offset
  nfsd: delete wrong file comment from nfsd/nfs4xdr.c
  nfsd: git rid of nfs4_cb_null_ops declaration
  nfsd: dprint each op status in nfsd4_proc_compound
  nfsd: add etoosmall to nfserrno
  NFSD: FIDs need to take precedence over UUIDs
  SUNRPC: The sunrpc server code should not be used by out-of-tree modules
  svc: Clean up deferred requests on transport destruction
  nfsd: fix double-locks of directory mutex
  svc: Move kfree of deferral record to common code
  CRED: Fix NFSD regression
  NLM: Clean up flow of control in make_socks() function
  NLM: Refactor make_socks() function
  nfsd: Ensure nfsv4 calls the underlying filesystem on LOCKT
  SUNRPC: Ensure the server closes sockets in a timely fashion
  NFSD: Add documenting comments for nfsctl interface
  NFSD: Replace open-coded integer with macro
  NFSD: Fix a handful of coding style issues in write_filehandle()
  NFSD: clean up failover sysctl function naming
  ...

10 years agosparc64: Work around branch tracer warning.
David S. Miller [Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:15:57 +0000]
sparc64: Work around branch tracer warning.

As reported by Sam Ravnborg, Gcc-3.4.5 does not handle:

if (get_user() || get_user())

with the new branch tracer enabled.

Just seperate it out into seperate statements for now
so people can get work done.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10191a): Update MAINTAINERS entries on media drivers
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:27:44 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10191a): Update MAINTAINERS entries on media drivers

This patch updates the MAINTAINERS entries for the media drivers.

We are doing a few changes during 2009 to improve patch handling for
drivers/media stuff.

Currently, v4l-dvb-maintainer list at linuxtv.org were used to to be v4l/dvb
driver maintainers ML, in order to keep track of patch merge requests and to
receive bug fixes. This list allows posting for everybody, but, in order to
avoid spam, the user subscribe/unsubscribe at the ML is moderated. Other
development discussions and end-user forums happened on two separated ML (one
for V4L and another for DVB).

At the beginning of 2009, we've created linux-media@vger.kernel.org, meaning to
be the main upstream development mailing list for drivers/media, including V4L
and DVB core and drivers.

The choice for vger.kernel.org were due to the fact that most of upstream lists
are there. Also, its anti-spam filtering rules are better than what we
currently have at linuxtv.org.

For now, both video4linux-list and linux-dvb ML will remain active, but more
focused on end users. It is expected that those lists will gradually be
replaced also by linux-media@vger.kernel.org.

This patch reflect those changes at linux MAINTAINERS file.

Since the development and bug fix discussions will now happen at
linux-media@vger.kernel.org, this patch does the following changes

- replaces v4l-dvb-maintainer ML for the new
  linux-media@vger.kernel.org;

- replaces video4linux ML for the new linux-media@vger.kernel.org;

While here, it also:

- Fixes the existing -git tree entries for drivers/media (since the
          repository name changed);

- Adds the missing drivers/media -git tree entry on a few maintainers
          entries that don't point to a tree.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10190): cx88: Fix some Kbuild troubles
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 6 Jan 2009 19:06:07 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10190): cx88: Fix some Kbuild troubles

As Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com> reported, cx88 has some compilation issues:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `cx88_call_i2c_clients':
(.text+0x20af17): undefined reference to `videobuf_dvb_get_frontend'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cx8802_probe':
cx88-mpeg.c:(.devinit.text+0x268c4): undefined reference to `videobuf_dvb_alloc_frontend'
cx88-mpeg.c:(.devinit.text+0x268ea): undefined reference to `videobuf_dvb_dealloc_frontends'

With those configs:

CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_BLACKBIRD=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m
CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m

After carefully examining the code, with the current code, several cx88 drivers
(cx8800, cx8802, cx88_dvb and cx88_blackbird) should be compiled as a module,
if one of them is marked as such. Just fixing Kconfig could create a very complex
set of rules. Also, this hides a problem with the current approach where the dvb
functionality weren't confined inside dvb module.

What happens is that:
- cx88-i2c (part of cx8800) has some special rules if DVB;
- cx88-mpeg (cx8802 module) has also part of DVB init code;
- cx88-dvb has the rest of the dvb code;
- cx88-blackbird can be used with cx88-mpeg, having cx88-dvb or not.

So, instead of doing some tricks at Kconfig and wait for a next breakage,
this patch moves the dvb code inside cx88-i2c and cx88-mpeg into cx88-dvb.

Another problem is that cx8802 were being compiled, even without cx88-dvb
and cx88-blackbird modules.

While on this code, let's fix also a reported problem:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2009-January/031225.html

A solution for the issue were proposed here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg00021.html

Thanks to Randy, Andy, Gregoire and Thomas for helping us to detect
and solve the issues.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10189): dm1105: Fix build with INPUT=m and DVB_DM1105=y
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:33:46 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10189): dm1105: Fix build with INPUT=m and DVB_DM1105=y

As reported by Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>:

With CONFIG_INPUT=m and CONFIG_DVB_DM1105=y:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `input_sync':
dm1105.c:(.text+0x120c33): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `dm1105_emit_key':
dm1105.c:(.text+0x120c6c): undefined reference to `input_event'
dm1105.c:(.text+0x120c82): undefined reference to `input_event'
dm1105.c:(.text+0x120cb2): undefined reference to `input_event'
dm1105.c:(.text+0x120cd1): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `dm1105_ir_init':
(.devinit.text+0xd8ae): undefined reference to `input_allocate_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `dm1105_ir_init':
(.devinit.text+0xd9f6): undefined reference to `input_register_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `dm1105_ir_init':
(.devinit.text+0xda09): undefined reference to `input_free_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `dm1105_ir_exit':
(.devexit.text+0xcde): undefined reference to `input_unregister_device'

This is due to the lack of a dependency between dm1105 and CONFIG_INPUT

Cc: Igor M. Liplianin <liplianin@me.by>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10185): Use negated usb_endpoint_xfer_control, etc
Julia Lawall [Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:53:10 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10185): Use negated usb_endpoint_xfer_control, etc

This patch extends 134179823b3ca9c8b98e0631906459dbb022ff9b by using
usb_endpoint_xfer_control, usb_endpoint_xfer_isoc, usb_endpoint_xfer_bulk,
and usb_endpoint_xfer_int in the negated case as well.

The semantic patch that makes this change is as follows:
(http://www.emn.fr/x-info/coccinelle/)

// <smpl>
@@ struct usb_endpoint_descriptor *epd; @@

- (usb_endpoint_type(epd) != \(USB_ENDPOINT_XFER_CONTROL\|0\))
+ !usb_endpoint_xfer_control(epd)

@@ struct usb_endpoint_descriptor *epd; @@

- (usb_endpoint_type(epd) != \(USB_ENDPOINT_XFER_ISOC\|1\))
+ !usb_endpoint_xfer_isoc(epd)

@@ struct usb_endpoint_descriptor *epd; @@

- (usb_endpoint_type(epd) != \(USB_ENDPOINT_XFER_BULK\|2\))
+ !usb_endpoint_xfer_bulk(epd)

@@ struct usb_endpoint_descriptor *epd; @@

- (usb_endpoint_type(epd) != \(USB_ENDPOINT_XFER_INT\|3\))
+ !usb_endpoint_xfer_int(epd)
// </smpl>

Signed-off-by: Julia Lawall <julia@diku.dk>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10182): tda8290: fix TDA8290 + TDA18271 initialization
Michael Krufky [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:25:04 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10182): tda8290: fix TDA8290 + TDA18271 initialization

Don't call tda8290_init_tuner unless we have either a TDA8275 or TDA8275A
present. Calling this function will cause a TDA18271 to get sick, so we
should only call it when needed.

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10181): v4l2-device: Fix some sparse warnings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:42:38 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10181): v4l2-device: Fix some sparse warnings

/home/v4l/master/v4l/v4l2-device.c:32:2: warning: Using plain integer as NULL pointer
/home/v4l/master/v4l/v4l2-device.c:64:2: warning: Using plain integer as NULL pointer

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10180): drivers/media: Fix a number of sparse warnings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:34:20 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10180): drivers/media: Fix a number of sparse warnings

anysee.c:44:5: warning: symbol 'dvb_usb_anysee_delsys' was not declared. Should it be static?
cx24116.c:378:3: warning: symbol 'CX24116_MODFEC_MODES' was not declared. Should it be static?
stb0899_algo.c:57:5: warning: symbol 'stb0899_get_srate' was not declared. Should it be static?
stb0899_algo.c:766:6: warning: symbol 'Log2Int' was not declared. Should it be static?
stb0899_drv.c:137:20: warning: symbol 'stb0899_quant_tab' was not declared. Should it be static?
stb0899_drv.c:180:20: warning: symbol 'stb0899_est_tab' was not declared. Should it be static?
stb0899_drv.c:220:5: warning: symbol '_stb0899_read_reg' was not declared. Should it be static?
budget-ci.c:1348:23: warning: symbol 'tt3200_stb6100_config' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/cx25840-core.c:190:6: warning: symbol 'cx25840_work_handler' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/m5602_s5k83a.c:116:6: warning: symbol 's5k83a_dump_registers' was not declared. Should it be static?

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10179): tda8290: Fix two sparse warnings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:23:50 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10179): tda8290: Fix two sparse warnings

/home/v4l/master/v4l/tda8290.c:233:7: warning: symbol 'i' shadows an earlier one
/home/v4l/master/v4l/tda8290.c:178:3: warning: symbol 'fm_mode' was not declared. Should it be static?

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10178): dvb_frontend: Fix some sparse warnings due to static symbols
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:19:06 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10178): dvb_frontend: Fix some sparse warnings due to static symbols

/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:838:19: warning: symbol 'dtv_cmds' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1035:6: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_dump' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1066:5: warning: symbol 'is_legacy_delivery_system' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1080:6: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_cache_sync' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1132:6: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_legacy_params_sync' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1187:6: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_adv_params_sync' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1222:6: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_cache_submit' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1253:5: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_process_get' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/dvb_frontend.c:1362:5: warning: symbol 'dtv_property_process_set' was not declared. Should it be static?

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10177): Fix sparse warnings on em28xx
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:00:40 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10177): Fix sparse warnings on em28xx

/home/v4l/master/v4l/em28xx-core.c:396:25: warning: symbol 'outputs' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/em28xx-input.c:324:6: warning: symbol 'em28xx_ir_start' was not declared. Should it be static?
/home/v4l/master/v4l/em28xx-cards.c:1925:5: warning: symbol 'em28xx_init_dev' was not declared. Should it be static?

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10176b): pxa-camera: fix redefinition warnings and missing DMA definitions
Eric Miao [Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:16:02 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10176b): pxa-camera: fix redefinition warnings and missing DMA definitions

1. now pxa_camera.c uses ioremap() for register access, pxa_camera.h is
   totally useless. Remove it.

2. <asm/dma.h> does no longer include <mach/dma.h>, include the latter
   file explicitly

 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/video/pxa_camera.h

Signed-off-by: Eric Miao <eric.miao@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agoV4L/DVB (10176a): Switch remaining clear_user_page users over to clear_user_highpage
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:20:04 +0000]
V4L/DVB (10176a): Switch remaining clear_user_page users over to clear_user_highpage

Not all architectures provide clear_user_page(), but clear_user_highpage()
is available everywhere at least via the compatibility inline function.

Is this the "trivial patch" that's required for these two drivers?

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

10 years agostaging: __FUNCTION__ is gcc-specific, use __func__
Harvey Harrison [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:31:57 +0000]
staging: __FUNCTION__ is gcc-specific, use __func__

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

10 years agotrivial: replace last usages of __FUNCTION__ in kernel
Harvey Harrison [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:42:41 +0000]
trivial: replace last usages of __FUNCTION__ in kernel

__FUNCTION__ is gcc-specific, use __func__

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

10 years agoMerge branch 'sched-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:43:58 +0000]
Merge branch 'sched-fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip

* 'sched-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip:
  sched: fix possible recursive rq->lock

10 years agoMerge branch 'linux-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:41:01 +0000]
Merge branch 'linux-next' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6

* 'linux-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6: (98 commits)
  PCI PM: Put PM callbacks in the order of execution
  PCI PM: Run default PM callbacks for all devices using new framework
  PCI PM: Register power state of devices during initialization
  PCI PM: Call pci_fixup_device from legacy routines
  PCI PM: Rearrange code in pci-driver.c
  PCI PM: Avoid touching devices behind bridges in unknown state
  PCI PM: Move pci_has_legacy_pm_support
  PCI PM: Power-manage devices without drivers during suspend-resume
  PCI PM: Add suspend counterpart of pci_reenable_device
  PCI PM: Fix poweroff and restore callbacks
  PCI: Use msleep instead of cpu_relax during ASPM link retraining
  PCI: PCIe portdrv: Add kerneldoc comments to remining core funtions
  PCI: PCIe portdrv: Rearrange code so that related things are together
  PCI: PCIe portdrv: Fix suspend and resume of PCI Express port services
  PCI: PCIe portdrv: Add kerneldoc comments to some core functions
  x86/PCI: Do not use interrupt links for devices using MSI-X
  net: sfc: Use pci_clear_master() to disable bus mastering
  PCI: Add pci_clear_master() as opposite of pci_set_master()
  PCI hotplug: remove redundant test in cpq hotplug
  PCI: pciehp: cleanup register and field definitions
  ...

10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:37:24 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6: (123 commits)
  wimax/i2400m: add CREDITS and MAINTAINERS entries
  wimax: export linux/wimax.h and linux/wimax/i2400m.h with headers_install
  i2400m: Makefile and Kconfig
  i2400m/SDIO: TX and RX path backends
  i2400m/SDIO: firmware upload backend
  i2400m/SDIO: probe/disconnect, dev init/shutdown and reset backends
  i2400m/SDIO: header for the SDIO subdriver
  i2400m/USB: TX and RX path backends
  i2400m/USB: firmware upload backend
  i2400m/USB: probe/disconnect, dev init/shutdown and reset backends
  i2400m/USB: header for the USB bus driver
  i2400m: debugfs controls
  i2400m: various functions for device management
  i2400m: RX and TX data/control paths
  i2400m: firmware loading and bootrom initialization
  i2400m: linkage to the networking stack
  i2400m: Generic probe/disconnect, reset and message passing
  i2400m: host/device procotol and core driver definitions
  i2400m: documentation and instructions for usage
  wimax: Makefile, Kconfig and docbook linkage for the stack
  ...

10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-async
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:35:47 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-async

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-async:
  async: don't do the initcall stuff post boot
  bootchart: improve output based on Dave Jones' feedback
  async: make the final inode deletion an asynchronous event
  fastboot: Make libata initialization even more async
  fastboot: make the libata port scan asynchronous
  fastboot: make scsi probes asynchronous
  async: Asynchronous function calls to speed up kernel boot

10 years agotopology: Fix sparc64 build.
David Miller [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:30:05 +0000]
topology: Fix sparc64 build.

Due to changeset ba84be2338d3a2b6020d39279335bb06fcd332e1 ("remove
linux/hardirq.h from asm-generic/local.h") the sparc64 build started
failing on drivers/base/topology.c:

  drivers/base/topology.c: In function ‘show_physical_package_id’:
  drivers/base/topology.c:103: error: implicit declaration of function ‘cpu_data’
  drivers/base/topology.c:103: error: request for member ‘proc_id’ in something not a structure or union
  drivers/base/topology.c: In function ‘show_core_id’:
  drivers/base/topology.c:106: error: request for member ‘core_id’ in something not a structure or union

Adding the obvious fix of including asm/cpudata.h into asm/topology.h on
sparc64 doesn't fix it, in fact it makes things worse because of the
header file dependency chain:

linux/gfp.h --> linux/mmzone.h --> linux/topology.h -->
asm/topology.h --> asm/cpudata.h --> linux/percpu.h -->
linux/slab.h

which results in:

  include/linux/slub_def.h: In function ‘kmalloc_large’:
  include/linux/slub_def.h:209: error: implicit declaration of function ‘__get_free_pages’
  include/linux/slub_def.h:209: error: ‘__GFP_COMP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  include/linux/slub_def.h:209: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  include/linux/slub_def.h:209: error: for each function it appears in.)
  include/linux/slub_def.h:209: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

The simplest thing to do is to add yet another one-off hack like parts
of the guilty changeset did, by putting an explicit linux/hardirq.h
include into drivers/base/topology.c

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

10 years agonfsd: get rid of NFSD_VERSION
Benny Halevy [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:42:24 +0000]
nfsd: get rid of NFSD_VERSION

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agonfsd: last_byte_offset
Benny Halevy [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:42:03 +0000]
nfsd: last_byte_offset

refactor the nfs4 server lock code to use last_byte_offset
to compute the last byte covered by the lock.  Check for overflow
so that the last byte is set to NFS4_MAX_UINT64 if offset + len
wraps around.

Also, use NFS4_MAX_UINT64 for ~(u64)0 where appropriate.

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agonfsd: delete wrong file comment from nfsd/nfs4xdr.c
Marc Eshel [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:41:31 +0000]
nfsd: delete wrong file comment from nfsd/nfs4xdr.c

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agonfsd: git rid of nfs4_cb_null_ops declaration
Benny Halevy [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:41:10 +0000]
nfsd: git rid of nfs4_cb_null_ops declaration

There's no use for nfs4_cb_null_ops's declaration in fs/nfsd/nfs4callback.c

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agonfsd: dprint each op status in nfsd4_proc_compound
Benny Halevy [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:40:49 +0000]
nfsd: dprint each op status in nfsd4_proc_compound

Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agonfsd: add etoosmall to nfserrno
Dean Hildebrand [Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:40:15 +0000]
nfsd: add etoosmall to nfserrno

Signed-off-by: Dean Hildebrand <dhildeb@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Benny Halevy <bhalevy@panasas.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agoNFSD: FIDs need to take precedence over UUIDs
Steve Dickson [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:54:30 +0000]
NFSD: FIDs need to take precedence over UUIDs

When determining the fsid_type in fh_compose(), the setting of the FID
via fsid= export option needs to take precedence over using the UUID
device id.

Signed-off-by: Steve Dickson <steved@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agoSUNRPC: The sunrpc server code should not be used by out-of-tree modules
Trond Myklebust [Tue, 23 Dec 2008 21:30:12 +0000]
SUNRPC: The sunrpc server code should not be used by out-of-tree modules

Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agosvc: Clean up deferred requests on transport destruction
Tom Tucker [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:21:19 +0000]
svc: Clean up deferred requests on transport destruction

A race between svc_revisit and svc_delete_xprt can result in
deferred requests holding references on a transport that can never be
recovered because dead transports are not enqueued for subsequent
processing.

Check for XPT_DEAD in revisit to clean up completing deferrals on a dead
transport and sweep a transport's deferred queue to do the same for queued
but unprocessed deferrals.

Signed-off-by: Tom Tucker <tom@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild-fixes
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:11:28 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild-fixes

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild-fixes:
  kbuild: fix typos (s/bin_shipped/bin.o_shipped/) in Documentation
  kbuild: add a symlink to the source for separate objdirs
  kconfig: add script to manipulate .config files on the command line
  kbuild: reintroduce ALLSOURCE_ARCHS support for tags/cscope
  bootchart: improve output based on Dave Jones' feedback
  fix modules_install via NFS
  qnx: include <linux/types.h> for definitions of __[us]{8,16,32,64} types

10 years agofirmware: convert e100 driver to request_firmware()
Jaswinder Singh Rajput [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:59:17 +0000]
firmware: convert e100 driver to request_firmware()

Thanks to David Woodhouse for help.

Signed-off-by: Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinderrajput@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

10 years agokbuild: fix typos (s/bin_shipped/bin.o_shipped/) in Documentation
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:12:27 +0000]
kbuild: fix typos (s/bin_shipped/bin.o_shipped/) in Documentation

The text always mentions ...bin.o_shipped, just the example makefiles
actually use ...bin_shipped. It was corrected in one place some time
ago, these ones seem to have been forgotten.

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agokbuild: add a symlink to the source for separate objdirs
Andi Kleen [Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:21:42 +0000]
kbuild: add a symlink to the source for separate objdirs

I have some scripts which need to map back to the source directory
from an objdir. This was so far done by parsing the Makefile,
but the Makefile format changes occasionally and breaks my scripts
then.

To make this more reliable add a "source" symlink back.

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agokconfig: add script to manipulate .config files on the command line
Andi Kleen [Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:21:41 +0000]
kconfig: add script to manipulate .config files on the command line

I often change single options in .config files. Instead of using
an editor or one of the frontends it's convenient to do this from
the command line. It's also useful to do from automated build scripts
when building different variants from a base config file.

I extracted most of the CONFIG manipulation code from one of my
build scripts into a new shell script scripts/config

The script is not integrated with the normal Kconfig machinery
and doesn't do any checking against Kconfig files, but just manipulates
that text format. This is always done at make time anyways.

I believe this script would be a useful standard addition for scripts/*

Sample usage:

./scripts/config --disable smp
Disable SMP in .config file

./scripts/config --file otherdir/.config --module e1000e
Enable E1000E as module in otherdir/.config

./scripts/config --state smp
y
Check state of config option CONFIG_SMP

After merging into git please make scripts/config executable

Signed-off-by: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agokbuild: reintroduce ALLSOURCE_ARCHS support for tags/cscope
Jike Song [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 06:57:03 +0000]
kbuild: reintroduce ALLSOURCE_ARCHS support for tags/cscope

This patch reintroduce the ALLSOURCE_ARCHS support for tags/TAGS/
cscope targets. The Kbuild previously has this feature, but after
moving the targets into scripts/tags.sh, ALLSOURCE_ARCHS disappears.

It's something like this:

$ make ALLSOURCE_ARCHS="x86 mips arm" tags cscope

Signed-off-by: Jike Song <albcamus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agobootchart: improve output based on Dave Jones' feedback
Arjan van de Ven [Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:16:38 +0000]
bootchart: improve output based on Dave Jones' feedback

Dave Jones, in his blog, had some feedback about the bootchart script:
Primarily his complaint was that shorter delays weren't visualized.

The reason for that was that too small delays will have their labels
mixed up in the graph in an unreadable mess.

This patch has a fix for this; for one, it makes the output wider,
so more will fit.
The second part is that smaller delays are now shown with a
much smaller font for the label; while this isn't per se
readable at a 1:1 zoom, at least you can zoom in with most SVG
viewing applications and see what it is you are looking at.

Signed-off-by: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agofix modules_install via NFS
Sam Ravnborg [Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:52:43 +0000]
fix modules_install via NFS

Rafael reported:

I get the following error from 'make modules_install' on my test boxes:

  HOSTCC  firmware/ihex2fw
/home/rafael/src/linux-2.6/firmware/ihex2fw.c:268: fatal error: opening dependency file firmware/.ihex2fw.d: Read-only file system
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [firmware/ihex2fw] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

where the configuration is that the kernel is compiled on a build box
with 'make O=<destdir> -j5' and then <destdir> is mounted over NFS read-only by
each test box (full path to this directory is the same on the build box and on
the test boxes).  Then, I cd into <destdir>, run 'make modules_install' and get
the error above.

The issue turns out to be that we when we install firmware pick
up the list of firmware blobs from firmware/Makefile.
And this triggers the Makefile rules to update ihex2fw.

There were two solutions for this issue:
1) Move the list of firmware blobs to a separate file
2) Avoid ihex2fw rebuild by moving it to scripts

As I seriously beleive that the list of firmware blobs should be
done in a fundamental different way solution 2) was selected.

Reported-and-tested-by: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>

10 years agoqnx: include <linux/types.h> for definitions of __[us]{8,16,32,64} types
Anders Larsen [Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:17:35 +0000]
qnx: include <linux/types.h> for definitions of __[us]{8,16,32,64} types

On 2008-12-30 11:32:33, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> We have added a few additional validation checks of the userspace headers:
...
> 3) We should include <linux/types.h> and not <asm/types.h>
> 4) If we use a __[us]{8,16,32,64} type then we must include <linux/types.h>

Satisfy these requirements for the linux/qnx*.h headers.

Signed-off-by: Anders Larsen <al@alarsen.net>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

10 years agonfsd: fix double-locks of directory mutex
J. Bruce Fields [Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:37:03 +0000]
nfsd: fix double-locks of directory mutex

A number of nfsd operations depend on the i_mutex to cover more code
than just the fsync, so the approach of 4c728ef583b3d8 "add a vfs_fsync
helper" doesn't work for nfsd.  Revert the parts of those patches that
touch nfsd.

Note: we can't, however, remove the logic from vfs_fsync that was needed
only for the special case of nfsd, because a vfs_fsync(NULL,...) call
can still result indirectly from a stackable filesystem that was called
by nfsd.  (Thanks to Christoph Hellwig for pointing this out.)

Reported-by: Eric Sesterhenn <snakebyte@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agosvc: Move kfree of deferral record to common code
Tom Tucker [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:12:52 +0000]
svc: Move kfree of deferral record to common code

The rqstp structure has a pointer to a svc_deferred_req record
that is allocated when requests are deferred. This record is common
to all transports and can be freed in common code.

Move the kfree of the rq_deferred to the common svc_xprt_release
function.

This also fixes a memory leak in the RDMA transport which does not
kfree the dr structure in it's version of the xpo_release_rqst callback.

Signed-off-by: Tom Tucker <tom@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>

10 years agoCRED: Fix NFSD regression
David Howells [Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:19:37 +0000]
CRED: Fix NFSD regression

Fix a regression in NFSD's permission checking introduced by the credentials
patches.  There are two parts to the problem, both in nfsd_setuser():

 (1) The return value of set_groups() is -ve if in error, not 0, and should be
     checked appropriately.  0 indicates success.

 (2) The UID to use for fs accesses is in new->fsuid, not new->uid (which is
     0).  This causes CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE to always be set, rather than being
     cleared if the UID is anything other than 0 after squashing.

Reported-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@citi.umich.edu>