11 years ago[ALSA] Fix PCM MMAP time-stamp mode
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:14:23 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix PCM MMAP time-stamp mode

When MMAP time-stamp mode is given, it's supposed to update the time-stamp
only at period boundary.  However, it currently updates at each status call
so this is just useless.  The patch fixes this misbehavior.
Also it fixes the wrong check of tstamp_mode (don't use bit-and for enum).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] caiaq - remove ifdef
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:51:54 +0000]
[ALSA] caiaq - remove ifdef

Remove ifdef and fix Makefile for conditional builds.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] caiaq - add control API and more input features
Daniel Mack [Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:40:04 +0000]
[ALSA] caiaq - add control API and more input features

 - added support for all input controllers on Native Instrument's 'Kore
   controller'.
 - added ALSA controls to switch LEDs on 'RigKontrol 2', 'RigKontrol3',
   'Audio Kontrol 1' and 'Kore controller'.
 - added ALSA controls to switch input mode, software lock and ground
   lift features on 'Audio 8 DJ'.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] caiaq - input device support must depend on CONFIG_INPUT
Dmitry Torokhov [Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:47:03 +0000]
[ALSA] caiaq - input device support must depend on CONFIG_INPUT

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] caiaq - misc input handling fixes
Dmitry Torokhov [Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:45:23 +0000]
[ALSA] caiaq - misc input handling fixes

 - link input device with its parent so that it placed in proper spot
   in sysfs hierarchy
 - drivers that allow changing their keymaps should use private copy
   of the keymap so that one instance of a device does not affect
   another instance
 - it is preferred for drivers to properly set up input_dev->phys to
   help userspace locate devices
 - drivers should use usb_to_input_id(), or perform endianess conversion,
   themselves, otherwise ID is not correct on big-endian boxes
 - whitespace and formatting cleanup
Acked-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] caiaq - Fix indent in Kconfig
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:32:08 +0000]
[ALSA] caiaq - Fix indent in Kconfig

Fix indent of caiaq in Kconfig to the same level as others.
Just a tidy up.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] dbri - Fix broken change for value range checks
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:31:22 +0000]
[ALSA] dbri - Fix broken change for value range checks

The last patch for value range checks included a broken merge result.
Now fixed properly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] powermac - Fix typos
Kamalesh Babulal [Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:12:33 +0000]
[ALSA] powermac - Fix typos

The kernel build fails, with following error
CC sound/ppc/tumbler.o
sound/ppc/tumbler.c: In function ‘snapper_get_capture_source’:
sound/ppc/tumbler.c:812: error: ‘union <anonymous>’ has no member named ‘value’
sound/ppc/tumbler.c: In function ‘snapper_put_capture_source’:
sound/ppc/tumbler.c:824: error: ‘union <anonymous>’ has no member named ‘enuemerated’
make[2]: *** [sound/ppc/tumbler.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sound/ppc] Error 2
make: *** [sound] Error 2

Signed-off-by: Kamalesh Babulal <kamalesh@linx.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Revert volume knob controls in STAC codecs
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:56:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Revert volume knob controls in STAC codecs

Volume knob controls with STAC codecs seem to cause problems with some
devices.  Volumes change very slowly or silent suddenly.  It's likely
due to conflict between the software and the hardware volume knob
setup.
Since we'll have a virtual master control in future, it's safer to
remove this control completely right now.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Show more volume-knob attributes
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:52:39 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Show more volume-knob attributes

Show more attributs of volume-knob widgets.
Also don't put empty lines when no connection list is found.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd hda suspend latency: shorten codec read
Ingo Molnar [Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:20:28 +0000]
[ALSA] snd hda suspend latency: shorten codec read

not sleeping for every codec read/write but doing a short udelay and
a conditional reschedule has cut suspend+resume latency by about 1
second on my T60.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Add support for RV6xx HDMI audio
Wolke Liu [Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:06:30 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Add support for RV6xx HDMI audio

This patch is to add R6xx HDMI audio support. Meanwhile, the device ID
in the previous patch is changed.
I have checked the patch from Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski, it's right as
our spec said. :)

Signed-off-by: Wolke Liu <Wolke.Liu@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrea Zhang <Andrea.Zhang@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] at73c213 - Use common callback
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:18:14 +0000]
[ALSA] at73c213 - Use common callback

Use snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info callback to simplify.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:17:24 +0000]
[ALSA] Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly (in the rest drivers).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] aoa - Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:16:32 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa - Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly in aoa drivers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ak4xxx - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:15:29 +0000]
[ALSA] ak4xxx - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly in ak4xxx-adda driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] powermac - Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:14:12 +0000]
[ALSA] powermac - Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly in snd-powermac
driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] vxpocket - Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:13:32 +0000]
[ALSA] vxpocket - Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks in vxpocket driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Clean up ctl callbacks in se.c
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:05:26 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Clean up ctl callbacks in se.c

Clean up ctl callbacks of SE-200PCI driver.  Also make sure to check
the value ranges.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] pci - check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:58:13 +0000]
[ALSA] pci - check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly in the rest of
PCI drivers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] mixart - Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:56:47 +0000]
[ALSA] mixart - Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly.
Also fixed some coding style issues around that.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:56:07 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly.
Also fixed the wrong access type to enum elements in aureon.c.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Check value range in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:54:38 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Check value range in ctl callbacks

Check the value ranges in ctl put callbacks properly so that
invalid values won't be stored or written to registers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1 - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:16:02 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1 - Check value ranges in ctl callbacks

Check value ranges in ctl callbacks properly.  This fixes the unexpected
crash due to wrong value assignment.
Also, remove invalid comments in the last patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ASoC TLV320AIC3X codec driver
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:07:17 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC TLV320AIC3X codec driver

This patch adds ALSA SoC support for TI TLV320AIC3X audio codecs.
The features that are supported:
     o Capture/Playback/Bypass.
     o 16/20/24/32 bit audio.
     o 8k - 96k sample rates.
     o codec master only mode
     o DAPM.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci: Drop unnecessary continue
Julia Lawall [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:30:43 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci: Drop unnecessary continue

Continue is not needed at the bottom of a loop.
The semantic patch implementing this change is as follows:
@@
@@
for (...;...;...) {
   ...
   if (...) {
     ...
-   continue;
   }
}

Signed-off-by: Julia Lawall <julia@diku.dk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=hp-tc-t5735 for ALC262
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:26:44 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=hp-tc-t5735 for ALC262

Added the missing model string for the new support of HP TC T5735.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of HP Thin Client T5735
Kailang Yang [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:06:21 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of HP Thin Client T5735

Added the support of HP Thin Client T5735 [0x103c 0x302f] with ALC262 codec.

Signed-off-by: Kailang Yang <kailang@realtek.com.tw>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1: Add mixer controls parameter checking.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:55:19 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1: Add mixer controls parameter checking.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Avoid wrong speaker-auto mute via mic jack
Jiang Zhe [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:05:16 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Avoid wrong speaker-auto mute via mic jack

When a mic jack is set up as the multiple I/O, it may issue the automute
function wrongly.  This patch fixes the wrong automute detection.

Signed-off-by: Jiang Zhe <zhe.jiang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add workaround for multiple HPs
Jiang Zhe [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:57:03 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add workaround for multiple HPs

Dell laptops have multiple HP jacks that can be used for multi-channel
outputs.  The current auto pincfg handles the speaker as the primary
output and thus cannot handle the multi-channel configuration for such
cases.  This patch adds a workaround to fix this issue by swapping the
HP and speaker during multi-channel setup routines.

Signed-off-by: Jiang Zhe <zhe.jiang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Update dell-m82 model pin config
Jiang Zhe [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:43:37 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Update dell-m82 model pin config

Updated dell-m82 model pin config table.  The old config doesn't work
with Dell 1210 and co.

Signed-off-by: Jiang Zhe <zhe.jiang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci: remove duplicated defines
Nicolas Kaiser [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:25:02 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci: remove duplicated defines

Remove duplicated defines.
(From their use it looks like 'midiDataOutx are written to
rather than read from.)

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Kaiser <nikai@nikai.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: remove dead config symbol from sound code
Jiri Olsa [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:15:42 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: remove dead config symbol from sound code

remove dead config symbols from sound code

Signed-off-by: Jiri Olsa <olsajiri@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] use convenient treble scale on WM8750
Stanislav Brabec [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:11:10 +0000]
[ALSA] use convenient treble scale on WM8750

On Zaurus SL-C3200 (terrier/spitz) based on WM8750, treble scale is
inconveniently reverted (increase level = decrease treble), in opposite
to bass scale, which uses convenient scale.
Fix ALSA WM8750 mixer treble to use convenient treble scale (increase =
increase treble level)
From: Stanislav Brabec <utx@penguin.cz>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Update SNDRV_HWDEP_IFACE_LAST
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:09:58 +0000]
[ALSA] Update SNDRV_HWDEP_IFACE_LAST

Updated the forgotten SNDRV_HWDEP_IFACE_LAST to point the really last member.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci: remove line duplications in defines
Nicolas Kaiser [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:31:43 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci: remove line duplications in defines

Remove line duplications in defines.
Acked-by: Thomas Sailer <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Kaiser <nikai@nikai.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 Subsystem update
Matthew Ranostay [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:54:45 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 Subsystem update

Added more laptops subsystem id's that have STAC9228 DMIC support.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] cmipci - allow capture of raw spdif subframes
Timofei Bondarenko [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:50:52 +0000]
[ALSA] cmipci - allow capture of raw spdif subframes

Enable capturing of raw 32bit IEC958_SUBFRAME.
The 24-bits PCM data can be obtained using iec958 plugin.
Known problem: captured stream may begin with either left or right
subframe. Since the iec958 plugin doesn't decode preamble it may swap
the channels sometime.

Signed-off-by: Timofei Bondarenko <tim@ipi.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] cmipci - utilize ADC48K44K bit
Timofei Bondarenko [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:49:57 +0000]
[ALSA] cmipci - utilize ADC48K44K bit

Setting the ADC48K44K greatly improves capture quality at 48k sampling rate.
With this bit clear ADC does ZOH interpolation of every 22th sample at 48k.
At frequencies higher than 48k there ADC performs a little better with
ADC48K44K bit set.
At 44.1k ADC performs a little better with this bit clear.
At frequencies below 44.1k there is no difference.

Signed-off-by: Timofei Bondarenko <tim@ipi.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - new PCI SSID for HP machines
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:18:01 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - new PCI SSID for HP machines

Added new PCI SSIDs for HP machines with ALC262 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC92HD71 codec mixer
Matthew Ranostay [Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:03:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC92HD71 codec mixer

Added analog loopback support and missing ADC capture mixer for the
STAC92HD71 codec family.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: sh: improve generated code for HAC module (AC97)
Manuel Lauss [Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:56:17 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: sh: improve generated code for HAC module (AC97)

Change loops in ac97_read/write functions to count down to zero
rather than up. Gcc will then use the 'dt' (decrement-and-test) op
instead of an increment/compare op-pair.

Signed-off-by: Manuel Lauss <mano@roarinelk.homelinux.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: Added new IDT codec family
Matthew Ranostay [Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:53:55 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: Added new IDT codec family

Added initial support for the STAC92HD71BXX family of codecs.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Add support for RV610/RV630 HDMI audio
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:21:56 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Add support for RV610/RV630 HDMI audio

The Audio interface on HD2400/HD2600 cards isn't currently detected by
snd-hda-intel. I added missing pci device ids for RV610 and RV630, but
I only had a HD2400 pro card to test, where now the audio interface is
detected (and no need to change patch_atihdmi.c, as the codec vendor id
remains 0x1002aa01 for which we already have an entry there). I also
couldn't test if sound pass-trough is ok (and I don't know how to), but
at least now the device is detected.

Signed-off-by: Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski <herton@mandriva.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] [ML403-AC97CR] Fix capture/periodic overrun bug
Joachim Foerster [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:48:36 +0000]
[ALSA] [ML403-AC97CR] Fix capture/periodic overrun bug

We have to do fairly accurate counting of the minimal periods, instead
of being lazy and just setting the number to zero as soon as one period
elapses.

Signed-off-by: Joachim Foerster <JOFT@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Xilinx ML403 AC97 Controller Reference device driver
Joachim Foerster [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:06:01 +0000]
[ALSA] Xilinx ML403 AC97 Controller Reference device driver

Add ALSA support for the opb_ac97_controller_ref_v1_00_a ip core found
in Xilinx' ML403 reference design.
Known issue: Currently this driver hits a WARN_ON_ONCE(1) statement in
kernel/irq/resend.c (line 70). According to Linus
(http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/8/5/5) this may be ignored, right? I haven't
had a look into this 'problem' yet.

Signed-off-by: Joachim Foerster <JOFT@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 DMIC
Matthew Ranostay [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:30:13 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 DMIC

Added support for the dmics and enabled EAPD for several laptops with
STAC9228 cards.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA: Add Asus VX1 support
Tobin Davis [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:13:51 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA: Add Asus VX1 support

Simple patch to add the Asus VX1 laptop to the Analog Devices pci quirk list.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] cmipci at 96kHz
Timofei Bondarenko [Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:36:20 +0000]
[ALSA] cmipci at 96kHz

This patch adds support for 88.2k, 96k, and 128k samplerates
on cmi8738-55 chip.
Analog playback works fine on all channels.
Analog capture works well too, though the extra samples seems
interpolated by hardware.
spdif playback and capture works fine.

Signed-off-by: Timofei Bondarenko <tim@ipi.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Improve the auto-configuration
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:49:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Improve the auto-configuration

Some small improvements on autocfg stuff:
- sort HP pins by sequence number, too
- move sole mic pin to AUTO_PIN_MIC instead of AUTO_PIN_FRONT_MIC
- ditto for line-in pin

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio - SB Live24-External better handling
Timofei Bondarenko [Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:28:14 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio - SB Live24-External better handling

This patch improves support for 'SB Live 24-bit Extarnal' USB card.
1) This card can go into muted state when a headphones connected or
disconnected. So notify mixer about changes in headphone jack.
2) Add LED controls and procfs support just as in similar Audigy 2 NX card.
3) Rename 'PCM Capture' conrol to 'Mic Capture' to reflect reality:
the card may adjust microphone input level only.

Signed-off-by: Timofei Bondarenko <tim@ipi.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] opl3 - Fix build errors
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:43:40 +0000]
[ALSA] opl3 - Fix build errors

I applied a wrong patch for 'opl3 - simplify exclusive access lock'.
Fixed now.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Remove sequencer instrument layer
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:17:17 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove sequencer instrument layer

Remove sequencer instrument layer from the tree.
This mechanism hasn't been used much with the actual devices.  The only
reasonable user was OPL3 loader, and now it was rewritten to use hwdep
instead.  So, let's remove the rest of rotten codes.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] opl3 - simplify exclusive access lock
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:59:15 +0000]
[ALSA] opl3 - simplify exclusive access lock

Use the exclusive access lock in hwdep instead of the own one.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] opl3 - Use hwdep for patch loading
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:49:22 +0000]
[ALSA] opl3 - Use hwdep for patch loading

Use the hwdep device for loading OPL2/3 patch data instead of the
messy sequencer instrument layer.
Due to this change, the sbiload program should be updated, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Dreamcast AICA sound - Get rid of annoying compiler warning
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:49:43 +0000]
[ALSA] Dreamcast AICA sound - Get rid of annoying compiler warning

This patch supresses an annoying compiler warning that the variable
err may be used uninitialised.
Signed-off by: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ac97_patch: compilation warning fix
Krzysztof Helt [Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:48:40 +0000]
[ALSA] ac97_patch: compilation warning fix

This patch kills these two compilation warnings if
power management is disabled:
sound/pci/ac97/ac97_patch.h:86: warning: 'snd_ac97_restore_status'
declared 'static' but never defined
sound/pci/ac97/ac97_patch.h:87: warning: 'snd_ac97_restore_iec958'
declared 'static' but never defined

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof.h1@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Introduce slots option to snd module
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:10:15 +0000]
[ALSA] Introduce slots option to snd module

Introduced the global 'slots' option to snd module.  This option provides
an alternative way to handle the order of multiple sound card instances.
It's an easier approach to avoid conflict with hotplug devices, and can
be used together with the existing 'order' option of each card driver.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Show more information in proc file
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:56:36 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Show more information in proc file

Show the current EAPD status and volume-knob status in proc file.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] soc - ln2440sbc ac97 support
Ivan Kuten [Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:53:47 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - ln2440sbc ac97 support

This patch adds ac97 support for ln2440sbc board from LittleChips.
This board is based on s3c2440 SoC + AC97 Realtek ALC650 codec.
Existing s3c2443 implementation is slightly modified because s3c2440
and s3c2443 have different AC97 interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Ivan Kuten <ivan.kuten@promwad.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA: Add support for Samsung Q1 Ultra Vista edition
Tobin Davis [Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:40:47 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA: Add support for Samsung Q1 Ultra Vista edition

This patch adds full record and playback support for the Samsung Q1
Ultra - Vista model (different codec than the earlier Q1 Ultra models).

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] via82xx - Fix quirk for Shuttle AK32VN
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:46:24 +0000]
[ALSA] via82xx - Fix quirk for Shuttle AK32VN

Fix quirk for Shuttle AK32VN.  It works better with DXS_SRC, and needs
HP_ONLY ac97 quirk.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ad1848 - Fix print format
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:18:11 +0000]
[ALSA] ad1848 - Fix print format

Fixed the print format for debug message.
Spotted by Matthew Wilcox.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] writing-an-alsa-driver.tmpl: English style improvements
Michael Opdenacker [Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:59:44 +0000]
[ALSA] writing-an-alsa-driver.tmpl: English style improvements

This patch brings some English style improvements throughout the
document, as well as 1 or 2 extra technical details.

Signed-off-by: Michael Opdenacker <michael@free-electrons.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Add support of Onkyo SE-90PCI and SE-200PCI
Shin-ya Okada [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:08:18 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Add support of Onkyo SE-90PCI and SE-200PCI

Added the support for Onkyo SE-90PCI and SE-200PCI boards.

Signed-off-by: Shin-ya Okada <sh_okada at d4.dion.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] soc - Add 'Mono Playback Switch' to WM9712 codec driver
Mike Rapoport [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:41:08 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - Add 'Mono Playback Switch' to WM9712 codec driver

The following patch adds 'Mono Playback Switch' control to WM9712 codec
SoC driver.
Also, it fixes Treble, Bass and Mono playback volume inversion bits.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rapoport <mike@compulab.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model for Fujitsu V5505
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:05:35 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model for Fujitsu V5505

Added model=laptop for Fujitsu V5505 with Cxt5405 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 updated DMUX nid
Matthew Ranostay [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:27:10 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC9228 updated DMUX nid

Changed the dmux for STAC9228 from ADC1MUX to ADC0MUX to avoid confusion.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: Add dmux to STAC 9228
Matthew Ranostay [Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:19:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: Add dmux to STAC 9228

Added a dmux to the STAC9228 cards with DMIC support. And added a
STAC_DIGITAL_INPUT_SOURCE macro for repeating mixer code.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add STAC9228 DMIC support
Matthew Ranostay [Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:38:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add STAC9228 DMIC support

Added the missing STAC9228 DMIC support.
Also added a new vendor id tag for IDT.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing eeepc-p701 model for ALC662
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:41:06 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing eeepc-p701 model for ALC662

Added the missing model string 'eeepc-p701' for ALC662 codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 31 Jan 2008 02:37:27 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

* 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc: (454 commits)
  [POWERPC] Cell IOMMU fixed mapping support
  [POWERPC] Split out the ioid fetching/checking logic
  [POWERPC] Add support to cell_iommu_setup_page_tables() for multiple windows
  [POWERPC] Split out the IOMMU logic from cell_dma_dev_setup()
  [POWERPC] Split cell_iommu_setup_hardware() into two parts
  [POWERPC] Split out the logic that allocates struct iommus
  [POWERPC] Allocate the hash table under 1G on cell
  [POWERPC] Add set_dma_ops() to match get_dma_ops()
  [POWERPC] 83xx: Clean up / convert mpc83xx board DTS files to v1 format.
  [POWERPC] 85xx: Only invalidate TLB0 and TLB1
  [POWERPC] 83xx: Fix typo in mpc837x compatible entries
  [POWERPC] 85xx: convert sbc85* boards to use machine_device_initcall
  [POWERPC] 83xx: rework platform Kconfig
  [POWERPC] 85xx: rework platform Kconfig
  [POWERPC] 86xx: Remove unused IRQ defines
  [POWERPC] QE: Explicitly set address-cells and size cells for muram
  [POWERPC] Convert StorCenter DTS file to /dts-v1/ format.
  [POWERPC] 86xx: Convert all 86xx DTS files to /dts-v1/ format.
  [PPC] Remove 85xx from arch/ppc
  [PPC] Remove 83xx from arch/ppc
  ...

11 years ago[POWERPC] Cell IOMMU fixed mapping support
Michael Ellerman [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:03:44 +0000]
[POWERPC] Cell IOMMU fixed mapping support

This patch adds support for setting up a fixed IOMMU mapping on certain
cell machines.  For 64-bit devices this avoids the performance overhead of
mapping and unmapping pages at runtime.  32-bit devices are unable to use
the fixed mapping.

The fixed mapping is established at boot, and maps all of physical memory
1:1 into device space at some offset.  On machines with < 30 GB of memory
we setup the fixed mapping immediately above the normal IOMMU window.

For example a machine with 4GB of memory would end up with the normal
IOMMU window from 0-2GB and the fixed mapping window from 2GB to 6GB. In
this case a 64-bit device wishing to DMA to 1GB would be told to DMA to
3GB, plus any offset required by firmware.  The firmware offset is encoded
in the "dma-ranges" property.

On machines with 30GB or more of memory, we are unable to place the fixed
mapping above the normal IOMMU window as we would run out of address space.
Instead we move the normal IOMMU window to coincide with the hash page
table, this region does not need to be part of the fixed mapping as no
device should ever be DMA'ing to it.  We then setup the fixed mapping
from 0 to 32GB.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Split out the ioid fetching/checking logic
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:14:02 +0000]
[POWERPC] Split out the ioid fetching/checking logic

Split out the ioid fetching and checking logic so we can use it elsewhere
in a subsequent patch.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Add support to cell_iommu_setup_page_tables() for multiple windows
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:14:01 +0000]
[POWERPC] Add support to cell_iommu_setup_page_tables() for multiple windows

Add support to cell_iommu_setup_page_tables() for handling two windows,
the dynamic window and the fixed window.  A fixed window size of 0
indicates that there is no fixed window at all.

Currently there are no callers who pass a non-zero fixed window, but the
upcoming fixed IOMMU mapping patch will change that.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Split out the IOMMU logic from cell_dma_dev_setup()
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:14:01 +0000]
[POWERPC] Split out the IOMMU logic from cell_dma_dev_setup()

Split the IOMMU logic out from cell_dma_dev_setup() into a separate
function.  If we're not using dma_direct_ops or dma_iommu_ops we don't
know what the hell's going on, so BUG.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Split cell_iommu_setup_hardware() into two parts
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:14:00 +0000]
[POWERPC] Split cell_iommu_setup_hardware() into two parts

Split cell_iommu_setup_hardware() into two parts.  Split the page table
setup into cell_iommu_setup_page_tables() and the bits that kick the
hardware into cell_iommu_enable_hardware().

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Split out the logic that allocates struct iommus
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:13:59 +0000]
[POWERPC] Split out the logic that allocates struct iommus

Split out the logic that allocates a struct iommu into a separate
function.  This can fail however the calling code has never cared - so
just return if we can't allocate an iommu.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Allocate the hash table under 1G on cell
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:13:59 +0000]
[POWERPC] Allocate the hash table under 1G on cell

In order to support the fixed IOMMU mapping (in a subsequent patch),
we need the hash table to be inside the IOMMUs DMA window.  This is
usually 2G, but let's make sure the hash table is under 1G as that
will satisfy the IOMMU requirements and also means the hash table will
be on node 0.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years ago[POWERPC] Add set_dma_ops() to match get_dma_ops()
Michael Ellerman [Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:13:58 +0000]
[POWERPC] Add set_dma_ops() to match get_dma_ops()

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:48:53 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86:
  alpha: fix x86.git merge build error
  ia64: on UP percpu variables are not small memory model
  x86: fix arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.c modular build bug
  s390: use generic percpu linux-2.6.git
  POWERPC: use generic per cpu
  ia64: use generic percpu
  SPARC64: use generic percpu
  percpu: change Kconfig to HAVE_SETUP_PER_CPU_AREA
  modules: fold percpu_modcopy into module.c
  x86: export copy_from_user_ll_nocache[_nozero]
  x86: fix duplicated TIF on 64-bit

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:40:18 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6: (26 commits)
  firewire: fw-sbp2: Use sbp2 device-provided mgt orb timeout for logins
  firewire: fw-sbp2: increase login orb reply timeout, fix "failed to login"
  firewire: replace subtraction with bitwise and
  firewire: fw-core: react on bus resets while the config ROM is being fetched
  firewire: enforce access order between generation and node ID, fix "giving up on config rom"
  firewire: fw-cdev: use device generation, not card generation
  firewire: fw-sbp2: use device generation, not card generation
  firewire: fw-sbp2: try to increase reconnect_hold (speed up reconnection)
  firewire: fw-sbp2: skip unnecessary logout
  firewire vs. ieee1394: clarify MAINTAINERS
  firewire: fw-ohci: Dynamically allocate buffers for DMA descriptors
  firewire: fw-ohci: CycleTooLong interrupt management
  firewire: Fix extraction of source node id
  firewire: fw-ohci: Bug fixes for packet-per-buffer support
  firewire: fw-ohci: Fix for dualbuffer three-or-more buffers
  firewire: fw-sbp2: remove unused misleading macro
  firewire: fw-sbp2: prepare for s/g chaining
  firewire: fw-sbp2: refactor workq and kref handling
  ieee1394: ohci1394: don't schedule IT tasklets on IR events
  ieee1394: sbp2: raise default transfer size limit
  ...

11 years agoMerge branch 'linux-2.6'
Paul Mackerras [Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:25:51 +0000]
Merge branch 'linux-2.6'

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx
Paul Mackerras [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:50:17 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:36:35 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog:
  [WATCHDOG] use SGI_HAS_INDYDOG for INDYDOG depends

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux-2.6-for-linus
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:35:32 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux-2.6-for-linus

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux-2.6-for-linus: (27 commits)
  lguest: use __PAGE_KERNEL instead of _PAGE_KERNEL
  lguest: Use explicit includes rateher than indirect
  lguest: get rid of lg variable assignments
  lguest: change gpte_addr header
  lguest: move changed bitmap to lg_cpu
  lguest: move last_pages to lg_cpu
  lguest: change last_guest to last_cpu
  lguest: change spte_addr header
  lguest: per-vcpu lguest pgdir management
  lguest: make pending notifications per-vcpu
  lguest: makes special fields be per-vcpu
  lguest: per-vcpu lguest task management
  lguest: replace lguest_arch with lg_cpu_arch.
  lguest: make registers per-vcpu
  lguest: make emulate_insn receive a vcpu struct.
  lguest: map_switcher_in_guest() per-vcpu
  lguest: per-vcpu interrupt processing.
  lguest: per-vcpu lguest timers
  lguest: make hypercalls use the vcpu struct
  lguest: make write() operation smp aware
  ...

Manual conflict resolved (maybe even correctly, who knows) in
drivers/lguest/x86/core.c

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:32:24 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6:
  security: compile capabilities by default
  selinux: make selinux_set_mnt_opts() static
  SELinux: Add warning messages on network denial due to error
  SELinux: Add network ingress and egress control permission checks
  NetLabel: Add auditing to the static labeling mechanism
  NetLabel: Introduce static network labels for unlabeled connections
  SELinux: Allow NetLabel to directly cache SIDs
  SELinux: Enable dynamic enable/disable of the network access checks
  SELinux: Better integration between peer labeling subsystems
  SELinux: Add a new peer class and permissions to the Flask definitions
  SELinux: Add a capabilities bitmap to SELinux policy version 22
  SELinux: Add a network node caching mechanism similar to the sel_netif_*() functions
  SELinux: Only store the network interface's ifindex
  SELinux: Convert the netif code to use ifindex values
  NetLabel: Add IP address family information to the netlbl_skbuff_getattr() function
  NetLabel: Add secid token support to the NetLabel secattr struct
  NetLabel: Consolidate the LSM domain mapping/hashing locks
  NetLabel: Cleanup the LSM domain hash functions
  NetLabel: Remove unneeded RCU read locks

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:31:37 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6:
  PPC: Fix powerpc vio_find_name to not use devices_subsys
  Driver core: add bus_find_device_by_name function
  Module: check to see if we have a built in module with the same name
  x86: fix runtime error in arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce_amd_64.c
  Driver core: Fix up build when CONFIG_BLOCK=N

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:30:10 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm: (249 commits)
  KVM: Move apic timer migration away from critical section
  KVM: Put kvm_para.h include outside __KERNEL__
  KVM: Fix unbounded preemption latency
  KVM: Initialize the mmu caches only after verifying cpu support
  KVM: MMU: Fix dirty page setting for pages removed from rmap
  KVM: Portability: Move kvm_fpu to asm-x86/kvm.h
  KVM: x86 emulator: Only allow VMCALL/VMMCALL trapped by #UD
  KVM: MMU: Merge shadow level check in FNAME(fetch)
  KVM: MMU: Move kvm_free_some_pages() into critical section
  KVM: MMU: Switch to mmu spinlock
  KVM: MMU: Avoid calling gfn_to_page() in mmu_set_spte()
  KVM: Add kvm_read_guest_atomic()
  KVM: MMU: Concurrent guest walkers
  KVM: Disable vapic support on Intel machines with FlexPriority
  KVM: Accelerated apic support
  KVM: local APIC TPR access reporting facility
  KVM: Print data for unimplemented wrmsr
  KVM: MMU: Add cache miss statistic
  KVM: MMU: Coalesce remote tlb flushes
  KVM: Expose ioapic to ia64 save/restore APIs
  ...

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:29:31 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm: (21 commits)
  dlm: static initialization improvements
  dlm: clean ups
  dlm: Sanity check namelen before copying it
  dlm: keep cached master rsbs during recovery
  dlm: change error message to debug
  dlm: fix possible use-after-free
  dlm: limit dir lookup loop
  dlm: reject normal unlock when lock is waiting for lookup
  dlm: validate messages before processing
  dlm: reject messages from non-members
  dlm: another call to confirm_master in receive_request_reply
  dlm: recover locks waiting for overlap replies
  dlm: clear ast_type when removing from astqueue
  dlm: use fixed errno values in messages
  dlm: swap bytes for rcom lock reply
  dlm: align midcomms message buffer
  dlm: close othercons
  dlm: use dlm prefix on alloc and free functions
  dlm: don't print common non-errors
  dlm: proper prototypes
  ...

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:28:49 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6: (21 commits)
  [SCSI] Revert "[SCSI] aacraid: fib context lock for management ioctls"
  [SCSI] bsg: copy the cmd_type field to the subordinate request for bidi
  [SCSI] handle scsi_init_queue failure properly
  [SCSI] destroy scsi_bidi_sdb_cache in scsi_exit_queue
  [SCSI] scsi_debug: add XDWRITEREAD_10 support
  [SCSI] scsi_debug: add bidi data transfer support
  [SCSI] scsi_debug: add get_data_transfer_info helper function
  [SCSI] remove use_sg_chaining
  [SCSI] bidirectional: fix up for the new blk_end_request code
  [SCSI] bidirectional command support
  [SCSI] implement scsi_data_buffer
  [SCSI] tgt: use scsi_init_io instead of scsi_alloc_sgtable
  [SCSI] aic7xxx: fix warnings with CONFIG_PM disabled
  [SCSI] aic79xx: fix warnings with CONFIG_PM disabled
  [SCSI] aic7xxx: fix ahc_done check SCB_ACTIVE for tagged transactions
  [SCSI] sgiwd93: use cached memory access to make driver work on IP28
  [SCSI] zfcp: fix sense_buffer access bug
  [SCSI] ncr53c8xx: fix sense_buffer access bug
  [SCSI] aic79xx: fix sense_buffer access bug
  [SCSI] hptiop: fix sense_buffer access bug
  ...

11 years agodocbook: fix block api fatal error
Randy Dunlap [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:51:00 +0000]
docbook: fix block api fatal error

Fix docbook fatal error:
docproc: linux-2.6.24-git8/block/ll_rw_blk.c: No such file or directory

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agodocbook: fix drivers/base/class warning
Randy Dunlap [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:51:08 +0000]
docbook: fix drivers/base/class warning

Fix kernel-doc empty line warning:
Warning(linux-2.6.24-git8//drivers/base/class.c:866): bad line:

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoalpha: fix x86.git merge build error
Thomas Gleixner [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
alpha: fix x86.git merge build error

a5a19c63f4e55e32dc0bc3d936d7f94793d8b380 removed the include of
asm/pgalloc.h from asm-generic/tlb.h. That works fine on most
architectures, but broke ALPHA.

Fixup ALPHA by adding the include to asm-alpha/tlbflush.h

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>

11 years agoia64: on UP percpu variables are not small memory model
Ingo Molnar [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
ia64: on UP percpu variables are not small memory model

Tony says:

| The CONFIG_SMP=n path in ia64 makes quite radical changes ... rather
| than putting all the per-cpu stuff into the top 64K of address space
| and providing a per-cpu TLB mapping for that range to a different
| physical address ... it just makes all the per-cpu stuff link as ordinary
| variables in .data.

the new generic percpu code got confused about this as PER_CPU_ATTRIBUTES
was defined even on UP, so it picked up that small memory model - which
was not possible to get linked. The right fix is to only define that
on SMP. This resolved the build failures in my cross-compiling environment.

also link these variables into the .percpu section even on UP - some
assembly code has offset dependencies. (such as GET_IA64_MCA_DATA() in
arch/ia64/kernel/mca_asm.S)

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Acked-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years agox86: fix arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.c modular build bug
Ingo Molnar [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
x86: fix arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.c modular build bug

fix this modular build bug:

>   CC [M]  arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.o
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:58: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_64
> {standard input}:59: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_64
> make[2]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel] Error 2

Reported-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>

11 years agos390: use generic percpu linux-2.6.git
travis@sgi.com [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
s390: use generic percpu linux-2.6.git

Change s390 percpu.h to use asm-generic/percpu.h

Signed-off-by: Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com>
Acked-by: Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>

11 years agoPOWERPC: use generic per cpu
travis@sgi.com [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
POWERPC: use generic per cpu

Powerpc has a way to determine the address of the per cpu area of the
currently executing processor via the paca and the array of per cpu
offsets is avoided by looking up the per cpu area from the remote
paca's (copying x86_64).

Cc: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Signed-off-by: Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Acked-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
Tested-by: Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand@am.sony.com>

11 years agoia64: use generic percpu
travis@sgi.com [Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:58 +0000]
ia64: use generic percpu

ia64 has a special processor specific mapping that can be used to locate the
offset for the current per cpu area.

Cc: linux-ia64@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com>
Acked-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>