14 years ago[ALSA] sparc dbri removal of DBRI_NO_INTS
Krzysztof Helt [Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:54:29 +0000]
[ALSA] sparc dbri removal of DBRI_NO_INTS

This patch removes define DBR_NO_INTS and all code related to
handling more than one dbri irq statuses block.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof.h1@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] dbri driver cleanup
Krzysztof Helt [Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:53:34 +0000]
[ALSA] dbri driver cleanup

This is a small clean up of the dbri driver for sparc machines.
It contains also a fix to DBRI interrupt queue initialization.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof.h1@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - fix 1600->16000Hz value typo
Jaroslav Kysela [Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:39:07 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - fix 1600->16000Hz value typo

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Added model for Uniwill laptop with ALC861
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:57:28 +0000]
[ALSA] Added model for Uniwill laptop with ALC861

Added a new model 'uniwill-m31' for Uniwill laptops with ALC861
codec chip.  The patch is taken from ALSA bug#2035, and modifeid.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Select I2C and I2C_POWERMAC in aoa/codecs/Kconfig
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:51:14 +0000]
[ALSA] Select I2C and I2C_POWERMAC in aoa/codecs/Kconfig

Added the missing selection of I2C and I2C_POWERMAC
for Onyx and TAS codecs in aoa/codecs/Kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix compile warnings in ak4xxx-adda.c
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:33:27 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix compile warnings in ak4xxx-adda.c

Fixed compile warnings in ak4xxx-adda.c reagarding missing
enum cases in switch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - complete the AK5365 support
Jochen Voss [Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:26:26 +0000]
[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - complete the AK5365 support

Complete the AK5365 support.
This adds a boolean control to toggle the soft mute feature of the
AK5365 chip.

Signed-off-by: Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - register the AK5365 ADC with ALSA
Jochen Voss [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:13:42 +0000]
[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - register the AK5365 ADC with ALSA

Enable capture support for the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 card,
by registering the ADC with ALSA.

Signed-off-by: Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - add AK5365 ADC support
Jochen Voss [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:12:44 +0000]
[ALSA] Revolution 5.1 - add AK5365 ADC support

Add support for the AK5365 ADC.

Signed-off-by: Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] [snd-hda-intel] fix sound on some Asus W6A chips
Danny Tholen [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:59:07 +0000]
[ALSA] [snd-hda-intel] fix sound on some Asus W6A chips

This patch adds support in ALSA snd-hda-intel driver for Asus W6A
motherboard as reported in MDV Bugzilla #19962
(see http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19962)

Signed-off-by: Danny Tholen <danny@mailmij.org>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Backlund <tmb@mandriva.org>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud@mandriva.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix the preselected model for HP machine
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:01:14 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix the preselected model for HP machine

Fixed the preselected model for a HP machine with SSID 103c:3010
to use hp-3013 (ALSA bug#2157).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio - Fix a typo of CONFIG_PROC_FS
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:08:03 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio - Fix a typo of CONFIG_PROC_FS

Fixed a typo of CONFIG_PROC_FS in usbaudio.c.
The stream proc file appears again.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix substream selection in PCM and rawmidi
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:57:19 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix substream selection in PCM and rawmidi

The PCM and rawmidi substreams can be selected explicitly by opening
control handle and set via *_PREFER_SUBDEVICE ioctl.  But, when
multiple controls are opened, the driver gets confused.
The patch fixes the initialization of prefer_*_subdevice and the
check of multiple controls.  The first set subdevice is picked up
as the valid one.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] ppc-beep - handle errors from input_register_device()
Dmitry Torokhov [Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:06:14 +0000]
[ALSA] ppc-beep - handle errors from input_register_device()

ppc-beep: handle errors from input_register_device()
(Also fixed the wrong memory release in the error path.)

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix control/status mmap with shared PCM substream
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:51:51 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix control/status mmap with shared PCM substream

The flag to avoid 32bit-incompatible mmap for control/status records
should be outside the pcm substream instance since a substream can be
shared among multiple opens.  Now it's flagged in pcm_file list that
is directly assigned to file->private_data.
Also, removed snd_pcm_add_file() and remove_file() functions and
substream.files field that are not really used in the code.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] es18xx - Add PnP BIOS support
Ondrej Zary [Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:51:57 +0000]
[ALSA] es18xx - Add PnP BIOS support

This patch adds PnP BIOS support to es18xx driver. It allows ESS ES18xx sound
chips integrated in some notebooks (such as DTK FortisPro TOP-5A) that don't
appear as ISA cards (they aren't recognized by ISA PnP, only by PnP BIOS)
to 'just work' automatically.

Signed-off-by: Ondrej Zary <linux@rainbow-software.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda: sigmatel 9205 family support
Matt Porter [Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:49:34 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: sigmatel 9205 family support

Adds support for the '9205 family' which includes some other
part numbers but 9205 is the first one. These are 4 channel
codecs, some have digital mic capability. Support for the digital
mic feature will come later.

Signed-off-by: Matt Porter <mporter@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add a comment explaining the conversion function for dB gain.
James Courtier-Dutton [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:27:56 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add a comment explaining the conversion function for dB gain.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix noisy output with shared channel mode with hd-audio
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:47:34 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix noisy output with shared channel mode with hd-audio

- Fix the wrong initialization of num_dacs when changing the channel
  mode between 2 and multi-channel modes.  It must be evaluated
  after calling snd_hda_ch_mode_put()
- Added the similar check of num_dacs fix in Realtek code.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Don't set up the same PID twice in snd_hda_multi_out_analog_prepare
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:44:31 +0000]
[ALSA] Don't set up the same PID twice in snd_hda_multi_out_analog_prepare

Check the hp_nid whether it's identical with front pin to avoid
the setup of the same widget node twice.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Misc fixes for Realtek HD-audio codecs
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:42:36 +0000]
[ALSA] Misc fixes for Realtek HD-audio codecs

- Added model=arima for Arima W820Di1 with ALC882 codec chip
- Added EAPD-control verbs to TCL S700 init verbs
- Added missing model strings for Realtek codecs (to be specified
  via module option explicitly for testing/debugging)

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add snd-mts64 driver for ESI Miditerminal 4140
Matthias Koenig [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:59:23 +0000]
[ALSA] Add snd-mts64 driver for ESI Miditerminal 4140

Added snd-mts64 driver for Ego Systems (ESI) Miditerminal 4140
by Matthias Koenig <mk@phasorlab.de>.
The driver requires parport (CONFIG_PARPORT).

Signed-off-by: Matthias Koenig <mk@phasorlab.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix Makefile of cs5535audio
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:50:14 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix Makefile of cs5535audio

Use ifeq instead of ifdef in Makefile to make the maintenance of
out-of-kernel tree easier.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] HDA driver - do not set mute flag for dB scale (follow HDA specification)
Jaroslav Kysela [Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:44:30 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA driver - do not set mute flag for dB scale (follow HDA specification)

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs_support entry for a FSC machine
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:29:37 +0000]
[ALSA] via82xx - Add dxs_support entry for a FSC machine

Added dxs_support=5 entry for a FSC machine.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Added model for ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:16 +0000]
[ALSA] Added model for ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo

Added the proper model (3stack) for ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo with AD1986A
codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add support of Benq laptop with ALC262
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:16 +0000]
[ALSA] Add support of Benq laptop with ALC262

Added the support of Benq laptop with ALC262 codec.
A model string 'benq' is added, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add hp-bpc model type for HP laptops
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:15 +0000]
[ALSA] Add hp-bpc model type for HP laptops

Added 'hp-bpc' model type for HP xw4400-compatible laptops.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add model entry for Clevo m665n laptop
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:15 +0000]
[ALSA] Add model entry for Clevo m665n laptop

Added the proper model entry for Clevo m665n laptop with ALC880 codec.
Also, added a model string 'clevo' to enable the clevo-type model option.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add model entry for Samsung X10 laptop
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:14 +0000]
[ALSA] Add model entry for Samsung X10 laptop

Added the proper model entry (laptop-eapd) for Samsung X10-T2300
Culesa laptop with AD1986A codec.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Implement dB gain infomation.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:02:10 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Implement dB gain infomation.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd-ca0106: Fix dB gain TLVs.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:02:48 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-ca0106: Fix dB gain TLVs.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add more Yamaha devices
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:46:18 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add more Yamaha devices

Add some quirks for some unknown Yamaha USB MIDI devices.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] system timer: remove unused snd_timer_system_private.timer field
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:45:19 +0000]
[ALSA] system timer: remove unused snd_timer_system_private.timer field

Remove the snd_timer_system_private structure's timer field that was never used.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] timer: fix timer rescheduling
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:53:57 +0000]
[ALSA] timer: fix timer rescheduling

When checking whether a hardware timer needs to be rescheduled, we have
to compare against the previously scheduled interval and not against the
actual interval between the last two interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] system timer: clear correction value when timer stops
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:52:09 +0000]
[ALSA] system timer: clear correction value when timer stops

Do not retain the old correction value when the timer was stopped.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] system timer: accumulate correction for multiple lost ticks
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:51:37 +0000]
[ALSA] system timer: accumulate correction for multiple lost ticks

When multiple timer interrupts arrive too late, correct for all delays
instead of ignoring the earlier ones.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] system timer: fix lost ticks correction adjustment
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:50:56 +0000]
[ALSA] system timer: fix lost ticks correction adjustment

Fix the adjustment of the lost ticks correction variable in the case
when the correction has been fully taken into account in the next timer
expiration value.  Subtracting the scheduled ticks value would result in
an underflow.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add TLV support to snd-usb-audio driver
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:18:19 +0000]
[ALSA] Add TLV support to snd-usb-audio driver

Added TLV-read support to snd-usb-audio driver for passing
the volume dB scale information to user-space.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Remove unused tlv_rw field from struct snd_kcontrol
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:39:34 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove unused tlv_rw field from struct snd_kcontrol

Remove unused tlv_rw field from struct snd_kcontrol.  The callback is
set in tlv.c field, instead.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Implement 24bit capture via Philips 1361T ADC for SB0240 card.
James Courtier-Dutton [Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:39:30 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Implement 24bit capture via Philips 1361T ADC for SB0240 card.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda: fix sigmatel 9227/8/9 codec support
Matt Porter [Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:49:10 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: fix sigmatel 9227/8/9 codec support

SigmaTel 9227/8/9 IDs must use the 927x patch.

Signed-off-by: Matt Porter <mporter@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] HDA codec & CA0106 - add/fix TLV support
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:39:49 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA codec & CA0106 - add/fix TLV support

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] HDA codec - little code & comment cleanup
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:39:14 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA codec - little code & comment cleanup

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Control API - more robust TLV implementation
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:34:51 +0000]
[ALSA] Control API - more robust TLV implementation

- added callback option
- added READ/WRITE/COMMAND flags to access member
- added WRITE/COMMAND ioctls
- added SNDRV_CTL_EVENT_MASK_TLV for TLV change notifications
- added TLV support to ELEM_ADD ioctl

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] fm801: fixed broken previous patch for the FM tuner only code
Jaroslav Kysela [Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:39:55 +0000]
[ALSA] fm801: fixed broken previous patch for the FM tuner only code

- do not allocate and enable interrupt
- do not do the FM tuner mute (it should be handled more cleanly)

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] fm801: Support FM only card
Andy Shevchenko [Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:05:14 +0000]
[ALSA] fm801: Support FM only card

Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy@smile.org.ua>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] add codec-specific controls for UCB1400
Mike Rapoport [Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:15:33 +0000]
[ALSA] add codec-specific controls for UCB1400

This patch adds some codec-specific controls for Philips UCB1400 codec.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rapoport <mike@compulab.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add experimental support of aggressive AC97 power-saving mode
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:28:53 +0000]
[ALSA] Add experimental support of aggressive AC97 power-saving mode

Added CONFIG_SND_AC97_POWER_SAVE kernel config to enable the support
of aggressive AC97 power-saving mode.  In this mode, the AC97
powerdown register bits are dynamically controlled at each open/close
of PCM streams.
The mode is activated via power_save option for snd-ac97-codec
driver.  As default it's off.  It can be turned on/off on the fly
via sysfs, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Deprecate snd_card_free_in_thread()
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:38:26 +0000]
[ALSA] Deprecate snd_card_free_in_thread()

Deprecated snd_card_free_in_thread(), replaced with
snd_card_free_when_closed().

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Unregister device files at disconnection
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:38:23 +0000]
[ALSA] Unregister device files at disconnection

Orignally proposed by Sam Revitch <sam.revitch@gmail.com>.
Unregister device files at disconnection to avoid the futher accesses.
Also, the dev_unregister callback is removed and replaced with the
combination of disconnect + free.
A new function snd_card_free_when_closed() is introduced, which is
used in USB disconnect callback.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix disconnection of proc interface
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:37:59 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix disconnection of proc interface

- Add the linked list to each proc entry to enable a single-shot
  disconnection (unregister)
- Deprecate snd_info_unregister(), use snd_info_free_entry()
- Removed NULL checks of snd_info_free_entry()

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] Control API - TLV implementation for additional information like dB scale
Jaroslav Kysela [Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:34:01 +0000]
[ALSA] Control API - TLV implementation for additional information like dB scale

This patch implements a TLV mechanism to transfer an additional information
like dB scale to the user space. The types might be extended in future.
Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:51:59 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6:
  [CIFS] statfs for cifs unix extensions no longer experimental
  [CIFS] New POSIX locking code not setting rc properly to zero on successful
  [CIFS] Support deep tree mounts (e.g. mounts to //server/share/path)

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:50:50 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/agpgart:
  [AGPGART] Rework AGPv3 modesetting fallback.
  [AGPGART] Add suspend callback for i965
  [AGPGART] Fix number of aperture sizes in 830 gart structs.
  [AGPGART] Intel 965 Express support.
  [AGPGART] agp.h: constify struct agp_bridge_data::version
  [AGPGART] const'ify VIA AGP PCI table.
  [AGPGART] CONFIG_PM=n slim: drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.c
  [AGPGART] CONFIG_PM=n slim: drivers/char/agp/efficeon-agp.c
  [AGPGART] Const'ify the agpgart driver version.
  [AGPGART] remove private page protection map

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/cpufreq
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:50:22 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/cpufreq

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davej/cpufreq:
  [CPUFREQ] sw_any_bug_dmi_table can be used on resume, so it isn't initdata
  [CPUFREQ] Fix some more CPU hotplug locking.
  [CPUFREQ] Workaround for BIOS bug in software coordination of frequency
  [CPUFREQ] Longhaul - Add voltage scaling to driver
  [CPUFREQ] Fix sparse warning in ondemand
  [CPUFREQ] make drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_ondemand.c:powersave_bias_target() static
  [CPUFREQ] Longhaul - Add ignore_latency option
  [CPUFREQ] Longhaul - Disable arbiter
  [CPUFREQ][2/2] ondemand: updated add powersave_bias tunable
  [CPUFREQ][1/2] ondemand: updated tune for hardware coordination
  [CPUFREQ] Fix typo.

14 years ago[PATCH] fallout from hcd-core patch
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:29:34 +0000]
[PATCH] fallout from hcd-core patch

missing le16_to_cpu()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] fix the survivors of fbcon_vbl_handler() renaming
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:27:30 +0000]
[PATCH] fix the survivors of fbcon_vbl_handler() renaming

In

|Author: James Simmons <jsimmons@kozmo.(none)>
|Date:   Thu Mar 13 22:37:08 2003 -0800
|
|    [FBCON] Cursor handling clean up. I nuked several static variables.

we have

-static void fbcon_vbl_handler(int irq, void *dummy, struct pt_regs *fp)
+static void fb_vbl_handler(int irq, void *dev_id, struct pt_regs *fp)

and 3 years later a couple of instances missed back then still remains
there.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] sun4: fix sbus_setup_iommu()
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:26:02 +0000]
[PATCH] sun4: fix sbus_setup_iommu()

iommu_init() and iounit_init() are never called for sun4, but that's not
enough - these calls should be ifdefed out since the functions in question
simply do not exist for CONFIG_SUN4 kernel.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] asm/backlight.h is ppc-only
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:25:18 +0000]
[PATCH] asm/backlight.h is ppc-only

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] sanitize frv archclean
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:22:46 +0000]
[PATCH] sanitize frv archclean

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] aoa is pmac-only
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:24:25 +0000]
[PATCH] aoa is pmac-only

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] memcpy_fromio() missing in istallion
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:20:31 +0000]
[PATCH] memcpy_fromio() missing in istallion

memcpy() from iomem is a bad thing...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] fix ancient breakage in ebus_init()
Al Viro [Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:18:41 +0000]
[PATCH] fix ancient breakage in ebus_init()

Back when pci_dev had base_address[], loop of form
base = &...->base_address[0];
for (.....) {
...
*base++ = addr;
}
was fine, but when that array got spread in ->resource[...].start
replacing the initialization with
base = &...->resource[0].start;
was not a sufficient modification.  IOW this code got broken for cases
when there had been more than one resource to fill.  All way back in
2.3.41-pre3...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] fix missing ifdefs in syscall classes hookup for generic targets
Al Viro [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:10:18 +0000]
[PATCH] fix missing ifdefs in syscall classes hookup for generic targets

several targets have no ....at() family and m32r calls its only chown variant
chown32(), with __NR_chown being undefined.  creat(2) is also absent in some
targets.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[CPUFREQ] sw_any_bug_dmi_table can be used on resume, so it isn't initdata
Jeremy Fitzhardinge [Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:55:53 +0000]
[CPUFREQ] sw_any_bug_dmi_table can be used on resume, so it isn't initdata

sw_any_bug_dmi_table can be used on resume, so it isn't initdata.

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@goop.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>

14 years ago[CPUFREQ] Fix some more CPU hotplug locking.
Dave Jones [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:15:23 +0000]
[CPUFREQ] Fix some more CPU hotplug locking.

Lukewarm IQ detected in hotplug locking
BUG: warning at kernel/cpu.c:38/lock_cpu_hotplug()
[<b0134a42>] lock_cpu_hotplug+0x42/0x65
[<b02f8af1>] cpufreq_update_policy+0x25/0xad
[<b0358756>] kprobe_flush_task+0x18/0x40
[<b0355aab>] schedule+0x63f/0x68b
[<b01377c2>] __link_module+0x0/0x1f
[<b0119e7d>] __cond_resched+0x16/0x34
[<b03560bf>] cond_resched+0x26/0x31
[<b0355b0e>] wait_for_completion+0x17/0xb1
[<f965c547>] cpufreq_stat_cpu_callback+0x13/0x20 [cpufreq_stats]
[<f9670074>] cpufreq_stats_init+0x74/0x8b [cpufreq_stats]
[<b0137872>] sys_init_module+0x91/0x174
[<b0102c81>] sysenter_past_esp+0x56/0x79

As there are other places that call cpufreq_update_policy without
the hotplug lock, it seems better to keep the hotplug locking
at the lower level for the time being until this is revamped.

Signed-off-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>

14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:47:06 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband

* 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband: (65 commits)
  IB: Fix typo in kerneldoc for ib_set_client_data()
  IPoIB: Add some likely/unlikely annotations in hot path
  IPoIB: Remove unused include of vmalloc.h
  IPoIB: Rejoin all multicast groups after a port event
  IPoIB: Create MCGs with all attributes required by RFC
  IB/sa: fix ib_sa_selector names
  IB/iser: INFINIBAND_ISER depends on INET
  IB/mthca: Simplify calls to mthca_cq_clean()
  RDMA/cma: Document rdma_accept() error handling
  IB/mthca: Recover from catastrophic errors
  RDMA/cma: Document rdma_destroy_id() function
  IB/cm: Do not track remote QPN in timewait state
  IB/sa: Require SA registration
  IPoIB: Refactor completion handling
  IB/iser: Do not use FMR for a single dma entry sg
  IB/iser: fix some debug prints
  IB/iser: make FMR "page size" be 4K and not PAGE_SIZE
  IB/iser: Limit the max size of a scsi command
  IB/iser: fix a check of SG alignment for RDMA
  RDMA/cma: Protect against adding device during destruction
  ...

14 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:37:31 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6:
  [netdrvr] mv643xx_eth: fix obvious typo, which caused build breakage
  [netdrvr] lp486e: fix typo

14 years agoIB: Fix typo in kerneldoc for ib_set_client_data()
Krishna Kumar [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:58 +0000]
IB: Fix typo in kerneldoc for ib_set_client_data()

Signed-off-by: Krishna Kumar <krkumar2@in.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIPoIB: Add some likely/unlikely annotations in hot path
Eli Cohen [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:58 +0000]
IPoIB: Add some likely/unlikely annotations in hot path

Signed-off-by: Eli Cohen <eli@dev.mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIPoIB: Remove unused include of vmalloc.h
Dotan Barak [Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:26:43 +0000]
IPoIB: Remove unused include of vmalloc.h

IPoIB doesn't use anything from <linux/vmalloc.h>, so don't include it.

Signed-off-by: Dotan Barak <dotanb@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIPoIB: Rejoin all multicast groups after a port event
Eli Cohen [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:56 +0000]
IPoIB: Rejoin all multicast groups after a port event

When ipoib_ib_dev_flush() is called because of a port event, the
driver needs to rejoin all multicast groups, since the flush will call
ipoib_mcast_dev_flush() (via ipoib_ib_dev_down()).  Otherwise no
(non-broadcast) multicast groups will be rejoined until the networking
core calls ->set_multicast_list again, and so multicast reception will
be broken for potentially a long time.

Signed-off-by: Eli Cohen <eli@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIPoIB: Create MCGs with all attributes required by RFC
Roland Dreier [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:56 +0000]
IPoIB: Create MCGs with all attributes required by RFC

RFC 4391 ("Transmission of IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB)") says:

  If the IB multicast group does not already exist, one must be
  created first with the IPoIB link MTU.  The MGID MUST use the same
  P_Key, Q_Key, SL, MTU, and HopLimit as those used in the
  broadcast-GID.  The rest of attributes SHOULD follow the values used
  in the broadcast-GID as well.

However, the current IPoIB driver is only setting the attributes
required by the InfiniBand spec to create a multicast group, so in
particular the MTU and HopLimit are not being set.  Add these
attributes when creating MCGs, and also set the Rate attribute, since
IPoIB pays attention to that attribute as well.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/sa: fix ib_sa_selector names
Michael S. Tsirkin [Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:17:08 +0000]
IB/sa: fix ib_sa_selector names

Relevant SA queries are actually "greater than" / "less than", not
"greater than or equal" / "less than or equal" as the names imply.
(See IB spec 1.2 Vol 1, 15.2.5.16 PATHRECORD/Table 205 PathRecord)

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: INFINIBAND_ISER depends on INET
Roland Dreier [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:55 +0000]
IB/iser: INFINIBAND_ISER depends on INET

iSER won't build without CONFIG_INET enabled, so make Kconfig reflect that.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mthca: Simplify calls to mthca_cq_clean()
Roland Dreier [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:55 +0000]
IB/mthca: Simplify calls to mthca_cq_clean()

If a QP has separate send and receive CQs, then the send CQ will never
have receive completions from that QP in it.  So when cleaning the
send CQ, there's no need to pass in an SRQ pointer, even if the QP is
attached to an SRQ.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA/cma: Document rdma_accept() error handling
Or Gerlitz [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:54 +0000]
RDMA/cma: Document rdma_accept() error handling

Document the reject sending and modifying QP to error done in rdma_accept().

Signed-off-by: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mthca: Recover from catastrophic errors
Jack Morgenstein [Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:11:18 +0000]
IB/mthca: Recover from catastrophic errors

Trigger device remove and then add when a catastrophic error is
detected in hardware.  This, in turn, will cause a device reset, which
we hope will recover from the catastrophic condition.

Since this might interefere with debugging the root cause, add a
module option to suppress this behaviour.

Signed-off-by: Jack Morgenstein <jackm@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA/cma: Document rdma_destroy_id() function
Or Gerlitz [Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:03:33 +0000]
RDMA/cma: Document rdma_destroy_id() function

Clarify that rdma_destroy_id cancels outstanding asynchronous operations on the
Associated id.

Signed-off-by: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/cm: Do not track remote QPN in timewait state
Michael S. Tsirkin [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:32:50 +0000]
IB/cm: Do not track remote QPN in timewait state

Do not track remote QPN in TimeWait state, since QP is not connected.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/sa: Require SA registration
Michael S. Tsirkin [Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:40:12 +0000]
IB/sa: Require SA registration

Require users to register with SA module, to prevent the sa_query
module text from going away while an SA query callback is still
running.  Update all in-tree users for the new interface.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIPoIB: Refactor completion handling
Roland Dreier [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:52 +0000]
IPoIB: Refactor completion handling

Split up ipoib_ib_handle_wc() into ipoib_ib_handle_rx_wc() and
ipoib_ib_handle_tx_wc() to make the code easier to read.  This will
also help implement NAPI in the future.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: Do not use FMR for a single dma entry sg
Erez Zilber [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:26:33 +0000]
IB/iser: Do not use FMR for a single dma entry sg

Fast Memory Registration (fmr) is used to register for rdma an sg whose
elements are not linearly sequential after dma mapping.

The IB verbs layer provides an "all dma memory MR (memory region)" which
can be used for RDMA-ing a dma linearly sequential buffer.

Change the code to use the dma mr instead of doing fmr when dma mapping
produces a single dma entry sg.

Signed-off-by: Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: fix some debug prints
Erez Zilber [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:24:00 +0000]
IB/iser: fix some debug prints

fix and add some debug prints related to iser
handling of memory for rdma.

Signed-off-by: Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: make FMR "page size" be 4K and not PAGE_SIZE
Erez Zilber [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:22:30 +0000]
IB/iser: make FMR "page size" be 4K and not PAGE_SIZE

As iser is able to use at most one rdma operation for the
execution of a scsi command, and registration of the sg
associated with scsi command has its restrictions, the code
checks if an sg is "aligned for rdma".

Alignment for rdma is measured in "fmr page" units whose
possible resolutions are different between HCAs and can be
smaller, equal or bigger to the system page size.

When the system page size is bigger than 4KB (eg the default
with ia64 kernels) there a bigger chance that an sg would be
aligned for rdma if the fmr page size is 4KB.

Change the code to create FMR whose pages are of size 4KB
and to take that into account when processing the sg.

Signed-off-by: Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: Limit the max size of a scsi command
Erez Zilber [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:20:54 +0000]
IB/iser: Limit the max size of a scsi command

Currently, the data length of a command coming down from scsi-ml
is limited only by the size of its sg list (sg_tablesize). The
max data length may be different for different page size values.
By setting max_sectors, we limit the data length to
max_sectors*512 bytes.

Signed-off-by: Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/iser: fix a check of SG alignment for RDMA
Erez Zilber [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:19:17 +0000]
IB/iser: fix a check of SG alignment for RDMA

dma mapping may include a "compaction" of the sg associated with scsi command.
Hence, the size of the maximal prefix of the SG which is aligned for rdma must be
compared against the length of the dma mapped sg (mem->dma_nents) and not against
the size of it before it was mapped (mem->size).

Signed-off-by: Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA/cma: Protect against adding device during destruction
Sean Hefty [Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:33:55 +0000]
RDMA/cma: Protect against adding device during destruction

Closes a window where address resolution can attach an rdma_cm_id to a
device during destruction of the rdma_cm_id.  This can result in the
rdma_cm_id remaining in the device list after its memory has been
freed.

Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA/amso1100: Add driver for Ammasso 1100 RNIC
Tom Tucker [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:48 +0000]
RDMA/amso1100: Add driver for Ammasso 1100 RNIC

Add a driver for the Ammasso 1100 gigabit ethernet RNIC.

Signed-off-by: Tom Tucker <tom@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA: iWARP Core Changes.
Tom Tucker [Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:02:42 +0000]
RDMA: iWARP Core Changes.

Modifications to the existing rdma header files, core files, drivers,
and ulp files to support iWARP, including:
 - Hook iWARP CM into the build system and use it in rdma_cm.
 - Convert enum ib_node_type to enum rdma_node_type, which includes
   the possibility of RDMA_NODE_RNIC, and update everything for this.

Signed-off-by: Tom Tucker <tom@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoRDMA: iWARP Connection Manager.
Tom Tucker [Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:02:40 +0000]
RDMA: iWARP Connection Manager.

Add an iWARP Connection Manager (CM), which abstracts connection
management for iWARP devices (RNICs).  It is a logical instance of the
xx_cm where xx is the transport type (ib or iw).  The symbols exported
are used by the transport independent rdma_cm module, and are
available also for transport dependent ULPs.

Signed-off-by: Tom Tucker <tom@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Steve Wise <swise@opengridcomputing.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB: Whitespace fixes
Roland Dreier [Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:22:46 +0000]
IB: Whitespace fixes

Remove some trailing whitespace that has snuck in despite the best
efforts of whitespace=error-all.  Also fix a few other whitespace
bogosities.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/cm: Randomize starting comm ID
Sean Hefty [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:15:18 +0000]
IB/cm: Randomize starting comm ID

Randomize the starting local comm ID to avoid getting a rejected
connection due to a stale connection after a system reboot or
reloading of the ib_cm.

Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mad: Remove unused includes
James Lentini [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:12:04 +0000]
IB/mad: Remove unused includes

The ib_mad module does not use a kthread function, but mad_priv.h
includes <linux/kthread.h>.  mad_rmpp.c does not do any DMA-related
stuff, but includes <linux/dma-mapping.h>.  Remove the unused includes.

Signed-off-by: James Lentini <jlentini@netapp.com>
Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mad: Add support for dual-sided RMPP transfers.
Sean Hefty [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:10:32 +0000]
IB/mad: Add support for dual-sided RMPP transfers.

The implementation assumes that any RMPP request that requires a
response uses DS RMPP.  Based on the RMPP start-up scenarios defined
by the spec, this should be a valid assumption.  That is, there is no
start-up scenario defined where an RMPP request is followed by a
non-RMPP response.  By having this assumption we avoid any API
changes.

In order for a node that supports DS RMPP to communicate with one that
does not, RMPP responses assume a new window size of 1 if a DS ACK has
not been received.  (By DS ACK, I'm referring to the turn-around ACK
after the final ACK of the request.)  This is a slight spec deviation,
but is necessary to allow communication with nodes that do not
generate the DS ACK.  It also handles the case when a response is sent
after the request state has been discarded.

Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/cm: Use correct reject code for invalid GID
Sean Hefty [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:57:42 +0000]
IB/cm: Use correct reject code for invalid GID

Set the reject code properly when rejecting a request that contains an
invalid GID.  A suitable GID is returned by the IB CM in the
additional reject information (ARI).  This is a spec compliancy issue.

Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/cm: Enable atomics along with RDMA reads
Sean Hefty [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:55:52 +0000]
IB/cm: Enable atomics along with RDMA reads

Enable atomic operations along with RDMA reads if a local RDMA
read/atomic depth is provided by the user.

Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mthca: Return correct number of bits for static rate in query_qp
Jack Morgenstein [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:12:39 +0000]
IB/mthca: Return correct number of bits for static rate in query_qp

Incorrect number of bits was taken for static_rate field.

Signed-off-by: Jack Morgenstein <jackm@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>

14 years agoIB/mthca: Return port number for unconnected QPs in query_qp
Jack Morgenstein [Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:10:34 +0000]
IB/mthca: Return port number for unconnected QPs in query_qp

port_num was not being returned for unconnected QPs.

Signed-off-by: Jack Morgenstein <jackm@mellanox.co.il>
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>