13 years ago[ALSA] wavefront: simplify YSS225 register initialization
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:20:04 +0000]
[ALSA] wavefront: simplify YSS225 register initialization

Instead of using a somewhat algorithmic approach of initializing the
YSS225's registers, just use a simple series of port/value pairs.
This makes it easier to later replace or entirely remove the register
data blob.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] sb16: add request_firmware()
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:18:34 +0000]
[ALSA] sb16: add request_firmware()

Load the CSP programs using request_firmware(), if possible, instead of
using the built-in firmware blobs.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] Fix mask to stop AT91 SSC clock on shutdown
Hubert Kahlert [Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:31:27 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix mask to stop AT91 SSC clock on shutdown

This patch by Frank Mandarino and Hubert Kahlert fixes a bug in the AT91
SSC (i2s) shutdown code that would erroneously disable other AT91
peripheral clocks.

Signed-off-by: Hubert Kahlert <hkahlert@hk-datentechnik.de>
Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda: add dig mic support for sigmatel codecs
Matt Porter [Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:12:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: add dig mic support for sigmatel codecs

Adds support for digital microphone pin widgets on SigmaTel codecs.
Enables support only on the 9205 codecs for now.

Signed-off-by: Matt Porter <mporter@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix model for Lenovo A60 desktop
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:49:39 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix model for Lenovo A60 desktop

Add a proper model entry (3stack) for Lenovo A60 desktop with
AD1986a codec to fix noise problems.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - Suppress power-saving mode on non-supporting drivers
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:25:29 +0000]
[ALSA] ac97 - Suppress power-saving mode on non-supporting drivers

Don't enable power-saving mode on drivers that don't support
it.  The supporting drivers set AC97_SCAP_POWER_SAVE to scaps
at creation of ac97 instance.
Currently enable on the following drivers: intel8x0, intel8x0m,
atiixp, atiixp-modem, via82xx and via82xx-modem.
Also, a bit clean up of power-saving stuff:
- Don't create an own workq
- Remove superfluous ifdefs

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add asus model to ALC861 codec
Mariusz Domanski [Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:42:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add asus model to ALC861 codec

This patch adds support for Asus laptops (for example: Asus
A6Rp-AP002).

Signed-off-by: Mariusz Domanski <mariook@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: Add support for BCLK based on (Rate * Chn * Word Size)
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:35:56 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: Add support for BCLK based on (Rate * Chn * Word Size)

This patch adds support for the DAI BCLK to be generated by multiplying
Rate * Channels * Word Size (RCW).
This now gives 3 options for BCLK clocking and synchronisation :-
 1. BCLK = Rate * x
 2. BCLK = MCLK / x
 3. BCLK = Rate * Chn * Word Size.  (New)
Changes:-
 o Add support for RCW generation of BCLK
 o Update Documentation to include RCW.
 o Update DAI documentation for label = value DAI modes.
 o Add RCW support to wm8731, wm8750 and pxa2xx-i2s drivers.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC AT91 DAI modes update
Frank Mandarino [Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:22:53 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC AT91 DAI modes update

This patch by Frank Mandarino updates the AT91RM9200 I2S DAI audio modes
as follows:-
 o fixes a typo in the 16k mode
 o removes experimental 24k mode
 o adds a 32k mode.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lg@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hdsp - Add DDS register support for RME9632 rev >= 152
Remy Bruno [Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:41:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hdsp - Add DDS register support for RME9632 rev >= 152

Add DDS register support for RME9632 rev >= 152.
This register sets the sample rate for these cards and is required
in addition to the standard control register. It corresponds to a
quartz divisor.

Signed-off-by: Remy Bruno <remy.bruno@trinnov.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add new modesl for Realtek codecs
Kailang Yang [Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:32:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add new modesl for Realtek codecs

Changes from Realtek driver:
- New models hippo and hippo_1 for ALC262
- New models tagra-dig and tagra-2ch-dig for ALC883
- New id for ALC660 codec chip

Signed-off-by: Kailang Yang <kailang@realtek.com.tw>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add toshiba model to ALC861 codec
Tobin Davis [Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:00:28 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add toshiba model to ALC861 codec

This patch adds support for Toshiba laptops.  Code is from
RealTek's alsa-driver-1.0.12-4.05b tree.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC - Fix build warnings in soc-core.c
Liam Girdwood [Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:19:48 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC - Fix build warnings in soc-core.c

This patch fixes some build warnings in soc-core.c
Changes:-
 o Check the return value of soc_ac97_dev_register()
 o Check return value of calls to device_create_file()

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ac97 - enables sound output through speakers on MSI S250 laptop
Jerome Demange [Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:08:57 +0000]
[ALSA] ac97 - enables sound output through speakers on MSI S250 laptop

Signed-off-by: Jerome Demange <jdemange@cict.fr>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hdspm: Add support for AES32
Remy Bruno [Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:46:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hdspm: Add support for AES32

Add support for AES32. Difference between MADI and AES32 is done
through revision. Master support is not finished for now (RME so-called DDS
feature is not supported yet)

Signed-off-by: Remy Bruno <remy.bruno@trinnov.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] Remove trailing whitespaces from soc/* files
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:09:59 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove trailing whitespaces from soc/* files

Remove trailing whitespaces from soc/* files added by the
conversion to C99-style initialization.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC debug output build breakage
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:13:41 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC debug output build breakage

This patch fixes a build failure when ASoC debug is enabled.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing comma
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:46:10 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing comma

Added a missing comma in the medion patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC DAI capabilities labelling
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:33:56 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC DAI capabilities labelling

This patch suggested by Takashi changes the DAI capabilities definitions
in pxa-i2s.c, at91rm9200-i2s.c, wm8731.c, wm8750.c and wm9712.c to use a
label = value style.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Medion laptops
Tobin Davis [Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:32:16 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Medion laptops

This patch adds audio support for Medion's line of laptops,
based on code shipped with the laptops.  Microphone support is
still being explored.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx build support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:34:32 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx build support

This patch builds ASoC pxa2xx support for Corgi, Spitz, Tosa and Poodle
Zaurus machines.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Poodle machine support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:33:45 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Poodle machine support

This patch adds Alsa audio support to the Sharp Zaurus SL-C5600 (Poodle)
machine.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Tosa machine support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:33:09 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Tosa machine support

This patch adds Alsa audio support to the Sharp Zaurus SL-C6000 (Tosa)
machine.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Dirk Opfer <Dirk@Opfer-Online.de>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Spitz machine support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:32:13 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Spitz machine support

This patch adds Alsa audio support to the Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000/SL-C3x00
(Akita/Spitz) machines.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Corgi machine support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:31:16 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx Corgi machine support

This patch adds Alsa audio support to the Sharp Zaurus SL-C7x0/C860
(Corgi) machines.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Graeme Gregory <dp@xora.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx AC97 support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:29:03 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx AC97 support

This patch adds pxa2xx AC97 ASoC audio support. It's based on
sound/arm/pxa-ac97 by Nicolas Pitre with the following differences.
 o Modified driver structure to use ASoC core PCM callbacks.
 o Removed AC97 configuration function (all handled in ASoC core)
 o Added and exported ASoC DAI configuration table.
 o Added DMA support for AUX DAC and Mic ADC
 o Separated out AC97 reset into cold and warm reset functions.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx I2S support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:28:10 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx I2S support

This patch adds pxa2xx I2S ASoC audio support. Features:-
 o Supports playback/capture
 o 16 bit PCM
 o 8k - 96k sample rates
 o Supports master and slave mode.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx DMA support
Liam Girdwood [Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:26:55 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC pxa2xx DMA support

This patch adds pxa2xx ASoC DMA audio support. It's based on
sound/arm/pxa-pcm.c by Nicolas Pitre with the following differences.
o Modified driver structure to use ASoC core PCM callbacks and data
structures.
o Registration with ASoC core.
From: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci: add request_firmware()
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:05:59 +0000]
[ALSA] ymfpci: add request_firmware()

Load the DSP and controller microcode using request_firmware(), if
possible, instead of using the built-in firmware.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: emu1010: replace long udelay with msleep.
James Courtier-Dutton [Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:44:29 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: emu1010: replace long udelay with msleep.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add emu1010 internal clock rate control for 44100 or 48000.
James Courtier-Dutton [Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:08:45 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add emu1010 internal clock rate control for 44100 or 48000.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] Fix irq handler in soc/at91/at91rm9200-i2s.c
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:59:46 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix irq handler in soc/at91/at91rm9200-i2s.c

Fixed the irq handler in soc/at91-at91rm9200-i2s.c to follow the
new style without pt_regs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] snd_emu10k1: Added support for 14dB Attenuation PADS on DACs and ADCs.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 9 Oct 2006 22:08:00 +0000]
[ALSA] snd_emu10k1: Added support for 14dB Attenuation PADS on DACs and ADCs.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hdsp: support for mixer matrix of RME9632 rev 152
Remy Bruno [Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:52:01 +0000]
[ALSA] hdsp: support for mixer matrix of RME9632 rev 152

Added the support for mixer matrix of RME9632 rev 152.

Signed-off-by: Remy Bruno <remy.bruno@trinnov.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1: select FW_LOADER
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 9 Oct 2006 06:18:26 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1: select FW_LOADER

Let the emu10k1 driver select FW_LOADER because the new Emu1010 support
requires it.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] pci: select FW_LOADER instead of depending on it
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 9 Oct 2006 06:17:48 +0000]
[ALSA] pci: select FW_LOADER instead of depending on it

Let the AudioScience, Echoaudio and Riptide drivers select FW_LOADER
instead of depending on it so that they can be configured without having
to enable FW_LOADER manually.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] soc-core: fix multi-line string literal
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 9 Oct 2006 06:14:58 +0000]
[ALSA] soc-core: fix multi-line string literal

Properly quote a string that had an embedded newline.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 build
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:41:42 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 build

This patch adds a Makefile and Kconfig to build the ASoC AT91RM9200
support.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 eti_b1 machine support
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:41:10 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 eti_b1 machine support

This patch adds support for the Endrelia ETI_B1 machine using the WM8731
codec and the AT91RM9200 platform.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 I2S support
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:40:25 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 I2S support

This patch adds I2S support to the Atmel AT91RM9200 CPU.
Features:-
o Playback/Capture supported.
o 16 Bit data size.
o 8k - 48k sample rates.
o ssc0, ssc1 and ssc2 supported as I2S ports.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 audio DMA
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:39:29 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC AT91RM92000 audio DMA

This patch adds ASoC audio DMA support to the Atmel AT91RM9200 CPU.
Features:-
 o Playback/Capture supported.
 o 16 Bit data size.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codecs: build files
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:38:37 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codecs: build files

This patch adds an ASoC Makefile and Kconfig for the WM8731, WM8750 and
WM9712 codecs.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codecs: generic AC97 support
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:38:03 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codecs: generic AC97 support

This patch allows the std Alsa AC97 codec driver to use any AsoC AC97
controller driver. Currently, only HiFi playback and Capture are
supported atm.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM9712 support
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:37:32 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM9712 support

This patch adds ASoC support for the WM9712 codec.
Supported features:-
o Capture/Playback/Sidetone/Bypass.
o Aux DAC.
o 8k - 48k sample rates.
o DAPM.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM8750 support
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:36:39 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM8750 support

This patch adds ASoC support for the WM8750 codec.
Supported features:-
o Capture/Playback/Sidetone/Bypass.
o 16 & 24 bit audio.
o 8k - 96k sample rates.
o DAPM.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM8731 support
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:36:07 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC codecs: WM8731 support

This patch adds ASoC support for the WM8731 codec.
Supported features:-
 o Capture/Playback/Sidetone/Bypass.
 o 16 & 24 bit audio.
 o 8k - 96k sample rates.
 o DAPM.

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: documentation & maintainer
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:34:51 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: documentation & maintainer

This patch adds documentation describing the ASoC architecture and a
maintainer entry for ASoC.
The documentation includes the following files:-
codec.txt: Codec driver internals.
DAI.txt: Description of Digital Audio Interface standards and how to
configure a DAI within your codec and CPU DAI drivers.
dapm.txt: Dynamic Audio Power Management.
platform.txt: Platform audio DMA and DAI.
machine.txt: Machine driver internals.
pop_clicks.txt: How to minimise audio artifacts.
clocking.txt: ASoC clocking for best power performance.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: Build files
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:33:55 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: Build files

This patch adds support for building the ASoC core and the dynamic audio
power management support.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: dynamic audio power management (DAPM)
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:32:18 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: dynamic audio power management (DAPM)

This patch adds Dynamic Audio Power Management (DAPM) to ASoC.
Dynamic Audio Power Management (DAPM) is designed to allow portable and
handheld Linux devices to use the minimum amount of power within the
audio subsystem at all times. It is independent of other kernel PM and
as such, can easily co-exist with the other PM systems.
DAPM is also completely transparent to all user space applications as
all power switching is done within the ASoC core. No code changes or
recompiling are required for user space applications. DAPM makes power
switching decisions based upon any audio stream (capture/playback)
activity and audio mixer settings within the device.
DAPM spans the whole machine. It covers power control within the entire
audio subsystem, this includes internal codec power blocks and machine
level power systems.
There are 4 power domains within DAPM:-
1. Codec domain - VREF, VMID (core codec and audio power)
Usually controlled at codec probe/remove and suspend/resume, although
can be set at stream time if power is not needed for sidetone, etc.
2. Platform/Machine domain - physically connected inputs and outputs
Is platform/machine and user action specific, is configured by the
machine driver and responds to asynchronous events e.g when HP are
inserted
3. Path domain - audio subsystem signal paths
Automatically set when mixer and mux settings are changed by the user.
e.g. alsamixer, amixer.
4. Stream domain - DAC's and ADC's.
Enabled and disabled when stream playback/capture is started and stopped
respectively. e.g. aplay, arecord.
All DAPM power switching decisions are made automatically by consulting
an audio routing map of the whole machine. This map is specific to each
machine and consists of the interconnections between every audio
component (including internal codec components).

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: core code
Frank Mandarino [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:31:09 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: core code

This patch is the core of ASoC functionality.
The ASoC core is designed to provide the following features :-
o  Codec independence. Allows reuse of codec drivers on other platforms
and machines.
o Platform driver code reuse. Reuse of platform specific audio DMA and
DAI drivers on different machines.
o Easy I2S/PCM digital audio interface configuration between codec and
SoC. Each SoC interface and codec registers their audio interface
capabilities with the core at initialisation. The capabilities are
subsequently matched and configured at run time for best power and
performance when the application hw params are known.
 o Machine specific controls/operations: Allow machines to add controls
and operations to the audio subsystem. e.g. volume control for speaker
amp.
To achieve all this, ASoC splits an embedded audio system into 3
components :-
1. Codec driver: The codec driver is platform independent and contains
audio controls, audio interface capabilities, codec dapm and codec IO
functions.
2. Platform driver: The platform driver contains the audio dma engine
and audio interface drivers (e.g. I2S, AC97, PCM) for that platform.
3. Machine driver: The machine driver handles any machine specific
controls and audio events. i.e. turning on an amp at start of playback.

Signed-off-by: Frank Mandarino <fmandarino@endrelia.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.Girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: core and dapm headers
Richard Purdie [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:20:14 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: core and dapm headers

This patch adds the ASoC and DAPM headers.
Features:-
 o Defines Digital Audio Interface (DAI) API
 o Defines Codec, Platform and Machine API
 o Defines Dynamic Audio Power Management API

Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Use pci_iomap
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:06:39 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Use pci_iomap

Use pci_iomap and ioread*/iowrite*() functions for accessing
hardwares.  pci_iomap is suitable for hardwares like ICH and
compatible that have both PIO and MMIO.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] pcm core: add prealloc_max file to substream directory to show maximum DMA...
Jaroslav Kysela [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:12:29 +0000]
[ALSA] pcm core: add prealloc_max file to substream directory to show maximum DMA size

Users ask us many times about the maximum DMA size for PCM devices. This
file gives them a hint in KB.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] hda_intel: increase maximum DMA buffer size to 1024MB
Jaroslav Kysela [Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:34:20 +0000]
[ALSA] hda_intel: increase maximum DMA buffer size to 1024MB

See ALSA bug#2481 .

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1 - Fix compile warning
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:21:19 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1 - Fix compile warning

Fixed a compile warning regarding print format for size_t.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] alsa core: convert to list_for_each_entry*
Johannes Berg [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:02:22 +0000]
[ALSA] alsa core: convert to list_for_each_entry*

This patch converts most uses of list_for_each to list_for_each_entry all
across alsa. In some place apparently an item can be on a list with
different pointers so of course that isn't compatible with list_for_each, I
therefore didn't touch those places.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] aoa: fix up i2sbus_attach_codec
Johannes Berg [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:08:23 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa: fix up i2sbus_attach_codec

This patch changes i2sbus_attach_codec to implement a proper error handling
strategy using labels to jump to the right part. Since it has an elaborate
set-up sequence it also needs that tear-down, which I had hard-coded
inbetween all the checks. This increases readability and should reduce .text
size as well.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] aoa: set device pointer in pcms
Johannes Berg [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:07:23 +0000]
[ALSA] aoa: set device pointer in pcms

This patch makes a few whitespace cleanups and makes i2sbus assign the new
struct device pointer in struct snd_pcm so that the proper device symlink
shows up in sysfs.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] alsa core: add struct device pointer to struct snd_pcm
Johannes Berg [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:06:34 +0000]
[ALSA] alsa core: add struct device pointer to struct snd_pcm

This patch adds a struct device pointer to struct snd_pcm in order to be
able to give it a different device than the card. It defaults to the card's
device, however, so it should behave identically for drivers not touching
the field.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] allow registering an alsa device with struct device pointer
Johannes Berg [Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:05:34 +0000]
[ALSA] allow registering an alsa device with struct device pointer

This patch adds snd_register_device_for_dev taking a struct device
pointer to link the new device to and makes snd_register_device a simple
static inline wrapper around it.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] Enable the analog loopback of the Revolution 5.1
Jochen Voss [Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:08:43 +0000]
[ALSA] Enable the analog loopback of the Revolution 5.1

Enable the analog loopback of the Revolution 5.1 card.
This patch adds support for the PT2258 volume controller and modifies
the Revolution 5.1 driver to make use of this facility.  This allows
to control the analog loopback of the card.

Signed-off-by: Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] Enable capture from line-in and CD on Revolution 5.1
Jochen Voss [Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:04:10 +0000]
[ALSA] Enable capture from line-in and CD on Revolution 5.1

Enable capture from line-in and CD on the Revolution 5.1 card.
This patch adds support for switching between the 5 input channels of
the AK5365 ADC and modifies the Revolution 5.1 driver to make use of
this facility.  Previously the capture channel was fixed to channel 0
(microphone on the Revolution 5.1 card).

Signed-off-by: Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: allow pausing
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:42:57 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: allow pausing

Add pause capabilities for both USB playback and capture streams.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: merge playback/capture hardware information structs
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:41:25 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: merge playback/capture hardware information structs

The hardware information structures for playback and capture streams,
respectively, are the same, so we can use just one structure for both
streams.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Added support for emu1010, including E-Mu 1212m and E-Mu 1820m
James Courtier-Dutton [Sun, 1 Oct 2006 09:48:04 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Added support for emu1010, including E-Mu 1212m and E-Mu 1820m

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

13 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfasheh...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:37:22 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/mfasheh/ocfs2

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfasheh/ocfs2: (22 commits)
  configfs: Zero terminate data in configfs attribute writes.
  [PATCH] ocfs2 heartbeat: clean up bio submission code
  ocfs2: introduce sc->sc_send_lock to protect outbound outbound messages
  [PATCH] ocfs2: drop INET from Kconfig, not needed
  ocfs2_dlm: Add timeout to dlm join domain
  ocfs2_dlm: Silence some messages during join domain
  ocfs2_dlm: disallow a domain join if node maps mismatch
  ocfs2_dlm: Ensure correct ordering of set/clear refmap bit on lockres
  ocfs2: Binds listener to the configured ip address
  ocfs2_dlm: Calling post handler function in assert master handler
  ocfs2: Added post handler callable function in o2net message handler
  ocfs2_dlm: Cookies in locks not being printed correctly in error messages
  ocfs2_dlm: Silence a failed convert
  ocfs2_dlm: wake up sleepers on the lockres waitqueue
  ocfs2_dlm: Dlm dispatch was stopping too early
  ocfs2_dlm: Drop inflight refmap even if no locks found on the lockres
  ocfs2_dlm: Flush dlm workqueue before starting to migrate
  ocfs2_dlm: Fix migrate lockres handler queue scanning
  ocfs2_dlm: Make dlmunlock() wait for migration to complete
  ocfs2_dlm: Fixes race between migrate and dirty
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:04:48 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6:
  Revert "Driver core: convert SPI code to use struct device"

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:04:20 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc: (116 commits)
  [POWERPC] Add export of vgacon_remap_base
  [POWERPC] Remove bogus comment about page_is_ram
  [POWERPC] windfarm: don't die on suspend thread signal
  [POWERPC] Fix comment in kernel/irq.c
  [POWERPC] ppc: Fix booke watchdog initialization
  [POWERPC] PPC: Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
  [POWERPC] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
  [POWERPC] Fix ppc64's writing to struct file_operations
  [POWERPC] ppc: use syslog macro for the printk log level
  [POWERPC] ppc: cs4218_tdm remove extra brace
  [POWERPC] Add mpc52xx/lite5200 PCI support
  [POWERPC] Only use H_BULK_REMOVE if the firmware supports it
  [POWERPC] Fixup error handling when emulating a floating point instruction
  [POWERPC] Enable interrupts if we are doing fp math emulation
  [POWERPC] Added kprobes support to ppc32
  [POWERPC] Make pSeries use the H_BULK_REMOVE hypervisor call
  [POWERPC] Clear RI bit in MSR before restoring r13 when returning to userspace
  [POWERPC] Fix performance monitor exception
  [POWERPC] Compile fixes for arch/powerpc dcr code
  [POWERPC] Maple: use mmio nvram
  ...

13 years agoMerge branch 'drm-patches' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:03:28 +0000]
Merge branch 'drm-patches' of /linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6

* 'drm-patches' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6:
  drm: Allow for 44 bit user-tokens (or drm_file offsets)
  drm/via: Disable AGP DMA for chips with the new 3D engine.
  drm: update core memory manager from git drm tree
  drm: remove drm_ioremap and drm_ioremapfree
  i810/i830: use drm_core_ioremap instead of drm_ioremap
  drm: use vmalloc_user instead of vmalloc_32 for DRM_SHM
  via: allow for npot texture pitch alignment
  via: add some new chipsets
  via: some PCI posting flushes

13 years agokbuild: fix space for good (take 103)
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:16:44 +0000]
kbuild: fix space for good (take 103)

Michal Ostrowski points out what the real problem was: the spaces at the
start of the definition of the 'checker-shell' make function.

Cc: Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@watson.ibm.com>
Acked-by: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Acked-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Acked-by: Oleg Verych <olecom@flower.upol.cz>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

13 years agoRevert "Driver core: convert SPI code to use struct device"
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 05:34:08 +0000]
Revert "Driver core: convert SPI code to use struct device"

This reverts commit 2943ecf2ed32632473c06f1975db47a7aa98c10f.

This should go through the SPI maintainer, it was my fault that it did
not.  Especially as it conflicts with other patches he has pending.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

13 years agodrm: Allow for 44 bit user-tokens (or drm_file offsets)
Thomas Hellstrom [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 05:14:05 +0000]
drm: Allow for 44 bit user-tokens (or drm_file offsets)

13 years ago[POWERPC] Add export of vgacon_remap_base
Mathieu Desnoyers [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:04:44 +0000]
[POWERPC] Add export of vgacon_remap_base

The following macro :
include/asm-powerpc/vga.h:#define VGA_MAP_MEM(x,s) (x + vgacon_remap_base)
is used by drivers/video/console/vgacon.c which can be compiled as a module
(drivers/video/vga16fb.ko).

Therefore, vgacon_remap_base should be exported.

Signed-off-by: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] Remove bogus comment about page_is_ram
Johannes Berg [Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:45:45 +0000]
[POWERPC] Remove bogus comment about page_is_ram

arch/powerpc/mm/mem.c states that page_is_ram is called by the code that
implements /dev/mem, which isn't true.  Remove the comment.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Cc: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] windfarm: don't die on suspend thread signal
Johannes Berg [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:30:29 +0000]
[POWERPC] windfarm: don't die on suspend thread signal

When the windfarm thread gets a suspend signal it will die instead of
freezing. This fixes it.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Acked-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] Fix comment in kernel/irq.c
Johannes Berg [Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:38:22 +0000]
[POWERPC] Fix comment in kernel/irq.c

kernel/irq.c contains a comment that speaks of -1 and -2 as interrupt
numbers, but this is actually dependent on configuration options now.
Replace by NO_IRQ and NO_IRQ_ENABLED.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] ppc: Fix booke watchdog initialization
Stefan Roese [Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:45:55 +0000]
[POWERPC] ppc: Fix booke watchdog initialization

Fix two problems in the book-e watchdog driver.

a) The 4xx default period was defined wrong
b) Clear status before enabling the watchdog exception

Signed-off-by: Stefan Roese <sr@denx.de>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] PPC: Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
Ahmed S. Darwish [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:14:10 +0000]
[POWERPC] PPC: Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate

Use ARRAY_SIZE macro already defined in linux/kernel.h

Signed-off-by: Ahmed S. Darwish <darwish.07@gmail.com>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Acked-by: Kumar Gala <galak@gate.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate
Ahmed S. Darwish [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:14:09 +0000]
[POWERPC] Use ARRAY_SIZE macro when appropriate

Use ARRAY_SIZE macro already defined in linux/kernel.h

Signed-off-by: Ahmed S. Darwish <darwish.07@gmail.com>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] Fix ppc64's writing to struct file_operations
Stephen Rothwell [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:14:05 +0000]
[POWERPC] Fix ppc64's writing to struct file_operations

In preparation for marking file_operations as const.

Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Acked-by: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] ppc: use syslog macro for the printk log level
Robert P. J. Day [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:14:04 +0000]
[POWERPC] ppc: use syslog macro for the printk log level

Use the appropriate logging macro for the priority level for that
printk call.

Signed-off-by: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] ppc: cs4218_tdm remove extra brace
Mariusz Kozlowski [Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:14:03 +0000]
[POWERPC] ppc: cs4218_tdm remove extra brace

Signed-off-by: Mariusz Kozlowski <m.kozlowski@tuxland.pl>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years ago[POWERPC] Add mpc52xx/lite5200 PCI support
Grant Likely [Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:13:19 +0000]
[POWERPC] Add mpc52xx/lite5200 PCI support

Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
Acked-by: Sylvain Munaut <tnt@246tNt.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years agokbuild: make $(checker-shell ) strip spaces around the result
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:24:25 +0000]
kbuild: make $(checker-shell ) strip spaces around the result

It looks like GNU make version 3.80 (but apparently not 3.81) adds
leading whitespace to the result of the checker-shell execution.  This
strips them off explicitly.

Also, don't bother symlinking the output file to /dev/null.  It's likely
as expensive as just writing the temp-file, and we need to remove it
anyway afterwards.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

13 years agoMerge branch 'for_paulus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/galak/powerp...
Paul Mackerras [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:03:11 +0000]
Merge branch 'for_paulus' of /linux/kernel/git/galak/powerpc into for-2.6.21

13 years ago[POWERPC] Only use H_BULK_REMOVE if the firmware supports it
Paul Mackerras [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:02:35 +0000]
[POWERPC] Only use H_BULK_REMOVE if the firmware supports it

The previous patch changing pSeries to use H_BULK_REMOVE broke the
JS20 blade, where the firmware doesn't support H_BULK_REMOVE.  This
adds a firmware check so that on machines that don't have H_BULK_REMOVE,
we just use the H_REMOVE call as before.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:32:36 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6: (23 commits)
  ide-acpi support warning fix
  ACPI support for IDE devices
  IDE Driver for Delkin/Lexar/etc.. cardbus CF adapter
  ide: it8213 IDE driver update (version 2)
  ide: add it8213 IDE driver
  tc86c001: add missing __init tag for tc86c001_ide_init()
  tc86c001: mark init_chipset_tc86c001() with __devinit tag
  tc86c001: init_hwif_tc86c001() can be static
  ide: add Toshiba TC86C001 IDE driver (take 2)
  pdc202xx_new: remove check_in_drive_lists abomination
  pdc202xx_new: remove useless code
  slc90e66: carry over fixes from piix driver
  piix: tuneproc() fixes/cleanups
  piix: fix 82371MX enablebits
  hpt366: HPT36x PCI clock detection fix
  hpt366: init code rewrite
  hpt366: clean up DMA timeout handling for HPT370
  hpt366: merge HPT37x speedproc handlers
  hpt366: cache channel's MCR address
  hpt366: switch to using pci_get_slot
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:23:44 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/pci-2.6: (41 commits)
  Revert "PCI: remove duplicate device id from ata_piix"
  msi: Make MSI useable more architectures
  msi: Kill the msi_desc array.
  msi: Remove attach_msi_entry.
  msi: Fix msi_remove_pci_irq_vectors.
  msi: Remove msi_lock.
  msi: Kill msi_lookup_irq
  MSI: Combine pci_(save|restore)_msi/msix_state
  MSI: Remove pci_scan_msi_device()
  MSI: Replace pci_msi_quirk with calls to pci_no_msi()
  PCI: remove duplicate device id from ipr
  PCI: remove duplicate device id from ata_piix
  PCI: power management: remove noise on non-manageable hw
  PCI: cleanup MSI code
  PCI: make isa_bridge Alpha-only
  PCI: remove quirk_sis_96x_compatible()
  PCI: Speed up the Intel SMBus unhiding quirk
  PCI Quirk: 1k I/O space IOBL_ADR fix on P64H2
  shpchp: delete trailing whitespace
  shpchp: remove DBG_XXX_ROUTINE
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:23:21 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6: (70 commits)
  USB: remove duplicate device id from zc0301
  USB: remove duplicate device id from usb_storage
  USB: remove duplicate device id from keyspan
  USB: remove duplicate device id from ftdi_sio
  USB: remove duplicate device id from visor
  USB: a bit more coding style cleanup
  usbcore: trivial whitespace fixes
  usb-storage: use first bulk endpoints, not last
  EHCI: fix interrupt-driven remote wakeup
  USB: switch ehci-hcd to new polling scheme
  USB: autosuspend for usb printer driver
  USB Input: Added kernel module to support all GTCO CalComp USB InterWrite School products
  USB: Sierra Wireless auto set D0
  USB: usb ethernet gadget recognizes HUSB2DEV
  USB: list atmel husb2_udc gadget controller
  USB: gadgetfs AIO tweaks
  USB: gadgetfs behaves better on userspace init bug
  USB: gadgetfs race fix
  USB: gadgetfs simplifications
  USB: gadgetfs cleanups
  ...

13 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:22:26 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6

* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-2.6: (28 commits)
  sysfs: Shadow directory support
  Driver Core: Increase the default timeout value of the firmware subsystem
  Driver core: allow to delay the uevent at device creation time
  Driver core: add device_type to struct device
  Driver core: add uevent vars for devices of a class
  SYSFS: Fix missing include of list.h in sysfs.h
  HOWTO: Add a reference to Harbison and Steele
  sysfs: error handling in sysfs, fill_read_buffer()
  kobject: kobject_put cleanup
  sysfs: kobject_put cleanup
  sysfs: suppress lockdep warnings
  Driver core: fix race in sysfs between sysfs_remove_file() and read()/write()
  driver core: Change function call order in device_bind_driver().
  driver core: Don't stop probing on ->probe errors.
  driver core fixes: device_register() retval check in platform.c
  driver core fixes: make_class_name() retval checks
  /sys/modules/*/holders
  USB: add the sysfs driver name to all modules
  SERIO: add the sysfs driver name to all modules
  PCI: add the sysfs driver name to all modules
  ...

13 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:21:56 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6: (116 commits)
  sk98lin: planned removal
  AT91: MACB support
  sky2: version 1.12
  sky2: add new chip ids
  sky2: Yukon Extreme support
  sky2: safer transmit timeout
  sky2: TSO support for EC_U
  sky2: use dev_err for error reports
  sky2: add Wake On Lan support
  fix unaligned exception in /drivers/net/wireless/orinoco.c
  Remove unused kernel config option DLCI_COUNT
  z85230: spinlock logic
  mips: declance: Driver model for the PMAD-A
  Spidernet: Rework RX linked list
  NET: turn local_save_flags() + local_irq_disable() into local_irq_save()
  NET-3c59x: turn local_save_flags() + local_irq_disable() into local_irq_save()
  hp100: convert pci_module_init() to pci_register_driver()
  NetXen: Added ethtool support for user level tools.
  NetXen: Firmware crb init changes.
  maintainers: add atl1 maintainers
  ...

13 years agodrm/via: Disable AGP DMA for chips with the new 3D engine.
Thomas Hellstrom [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 01:57:40 +0000]
drm/via: Disable AGP DMA for chips with the new 3D engine.

13 years agodrm: update core memory manager from git drm tree
Thomas Hellstrom [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:25:47 +0000]
drm: update core memory manager from git drm tree

Remove the memory manager parameter from the put_block function, as this
makes the client code a lot cleaner. Prepare buffer manager for lock and
unlock calls.
Fix buggy aligned allocations.
Remove the stupid root_node field from the core memory manager.
Support multi-page buffer offset alignments
Add improved alignment functionality to the core memory manager.
This makes an allocated block actually align itself and returns any
wasted space to the manager.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agodrm: remove drm_ioremap and drm_ioremapfree
Christoph Hellwig [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:56:59 +0000]
drm: remove drm_ioremap and drm_ioremapfree

hch originally submitted this for paravirt ops work, airlied took it
and cleaned up a lot of unused code caused by using this.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agoi810/i830: use drm_core_ioremap instead of drm_ioremap
Dave Airlie [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:31:13 +0000]
i810/i830: use drm_core_ioremap instead of drm_ioremap

This makes the i810/i830 use the drm_core_ioremap functions.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agodrm: use vmalloc_user instead of vmalloc_32 for DRM_SHM
Thomas Hellstrom [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:22:50 +0000]
drm: use vmalloc_user instead of vmalloc_32 for DRM_SHM

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agovia: allow for npot texture pitch alignment
Thomas Hellstrom [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:21:41 +0000]
via: allow for npot texture pitch alignment

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agovia: add some new chipsets
Thomas Hellstrom [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:19:57 +0000]
via: add some new chipsets

Disable 3D functionality and AGP DMA for chipsets with the DX9 3D engine.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agovia: some PCI posting flushes
Thomas Hellstrom [Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:03:23 +0000]
via: some PCI posting flushes

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>

13 years agoRevert "PCI: remove duplicate device id from ata_piix"
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:17:27 +0000]
Revert "PCI: remove duplicate device id from ata_piix"

This reverts commit b11056355ea149c37edf0ef54976a49f5258cd54.

It was incorrect, the proper fix is coming through the SATA tree, sorry
about that.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>