8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Register subdevices for each entity
Laurent Pinchart [Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:39:52 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Register subdevices for each entity

Userspace applications can now discover the UVC device topology using
the media controller API.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Register a v4l2_device
Laurent Pinchart [Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:39:47 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Register a v4l2_device

As a first step to the media controller integration register a
v4l2_device for each UVC control interface and make the video_device a
child of the v4l2_device.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] add V4L2-PIX-FMT-SRGGB12 & friends to docbook
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 25 May 2011 14:55:57 +0000]
[media] add V4L2-PIX-FMT-SRGGB12 & friends to docbook

The xml with those guys are there, but they weren't included
on the docbook.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Documentation/DocBook: Rename media fops xml files
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 25 May 2011 13:56:58 +0000]
[media] Documentation/DocBook: Rename media fops xml files

By convention, the name of the XML file should match the references
declared at media-entities.tmpl, as, otherwise, some validation
scripts break.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Media DocBook: fix validation errors
Hans Verkuil [Mon, 23 May 2011 10:12:27 +0000]
[media] Media DocBook: fix validation errors

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] wl12xx: g_volatile_ctrl fix: wrong field set
Hans Verkuil [Thu, 5 May 2011 07:37:28 +0000]
[media] wl12xx: g_volatile_ctrl fix: wrong field set

The function g_volatile_ctrl should change the current value rather than the
new value. These two drivers didn't do that, so the value is never reported
correctly.

In the future this will change since this behavior is clearly unexpected,
but for now fix these drivers first.

Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] fix kconfig dependency warning for VIDEO_TIMBERDALE
Randy Dunlap [Mon, 23 May 2011 00:34:12 +0000]
[media] fix kconfig dependency warning for VIDEO_TIMBERDALE

Fix kconfig unmet dependency warning:

warning: (VIDEO_TIMBERDALE) selects TIMB_DMA which has unmet direct dependencies (DMADEVICES && (MFD_TIMBERDALE || HAS_IOMEM))

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Cc: Pelagicore AB <info@pelagicore.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] dm1105: GPIO handling added, I2C on GPIO added, LNB control through GPIO...
Igor M. Liplianin [Thu, 5 May 2011 19:35:01 +0000]
[media] dm1105: GPIO handling added, I2C on GPIO added, LNB control through GPIO reworked

Here is patch for GPIO's handling.
It allows to support I2C on GPIO's and per board LNB control through GPIO's.
Also incuded some support for Hendrik Skarpeid card.
For those, who needs to tweak the driver,
I think it is clear how to change and test GPIO's for LNB and other GPIO related stuff now.

[mchehab@redhat.com: I2C_CLASS_TV_DIGITAL is deprecated. removed to avoid breaking compilation]
Signed-off-by: Igor M. Liplianin <liplianin@me.by>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Add support for M-5MOLS 8 Mega Pixel camera ISP
HeungJun, Kim [Fri, 20 May 2011 05:27:28 +0000]
[media] Add support for M-5MOLS 8 Mega Pixel camera ISP

Add I2C/V4L2 subdev driver for M-5MOLS integrated image signal processor
with 8 Mega Pixel sensor.

Signed-off-by: HeungJun, Kim <riverful.kim@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <kyungmin.park@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - sunplus: Fix some warnings and simplify code
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 08:32:39 +0000]
[media] gspca - sunplus: Fix some warnings and simplify code

This patch removes warnings due to GSPCA_DEBUG unsetting. It implied
a simplification of the code.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca: Fix some warnings tied to 'no debug'
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 08:08:59 +0000]
[media] gspca: Fix some warnings tied to 'no debug'

This patch fixes the warnings raised by unsetting the option GSPCA_DEBUG.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca: Unset debug by default
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 07:37:05 +0000]
[media] gspca: Unset debug by default

The output of possible hardware or software errors does not depend on the
option GSPCA_DEBUG. This one is useful only when working on the main driver
or on a subdriver (bug fix, enhancement, new webcam/bridge/sensor or bug fix).
It is enabled in the gspca test version which is available from my web site.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - cpia1: Remove a bad conditional compilation instruction
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 07:15:15 +0000]
[media] gspca - cpia1: Remove a bad conditional compilation instruction

This patch fixes a compilation error when GSPCA_DEBUG is not set.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - main: Remove USB traces
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 07:10:32 +0000]
[media] gspca - main: Remove USB traces

The USB traces are better done by usbmon which is enabled in most Linux/GNU
distributions and which permits easier comparison with the USB exchanges of
other drivers.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - main: Version change to 2.13
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 07:03:51 +0000]
[media] gspca - main: Version change to 2.13

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - stk014 / t613: Accept the index 0 in querymenu
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 06:58:57 +0000]
[media] gspca - stk014 / t613: Accept the index 0 in querymenu

This patch fixes the kernel bug #15122.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - kinect: Remove __devinitdata
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 06:56:09 +0000]
[media] gspca - kinect: Remove __devinitdata

__devinit* must not be used in USB drivers.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - cpia1: Fix some warnings
Jean-François Moine [Tue, 17 May 2011 06:54:11 +0000]
[media] gspca - cpia1: Fix some warnings

Some variables were set but not used.

Signed-off-by: Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] video/Kconfig: Fix mis-classified devices
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sat, 21 May 2011 12:12:30 +0000]
[media] video/Kconfig: Fix mis-classified devices

The helper chips are classified by their function. Unfortunaltely,
with time, developers added their stuff into the wrong places.

Fix it by moving itens to be at the right place. Also add a new
category for sensors and for misc devices that are found only on
a certain specific board.

While here, fix two bad whitespaces at Kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] support for medion dvb stick 1660:1921
Stéphane Elmaleh [Sat, 21 May 2011 10:33:38 +0000]
[media] support for medion dvb stick 1660:1921

[mchehab@redhat.com: The same patch were sent by Alf and by Randoslaw.
I've applied the oldest version, just fixing the entry index]

Cc: Patrick Boettcher <pboettcher@kernellabs.com>
Tested-by: James Huk <huk256@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Alf Fahland <alf-f@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Radoslaw Warowny <radoslaww@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: fix uninitialized field, change prink to dprintk
Stefan Ringel [Sat, 21 May 2011 06:05:38 +0000]
[media] tm6000: fix uninitialized field, change prink to dprintk

fix uninitialized field, change prink to dprintk

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] cx231xx: Add support for Iconbit U100
Igor Novgorodov [Tue, 17 May 2011 16:46:36 +0000]
[media] cx231xx: Add support for Iconbit U100

This patch adds support for the "Iconbit Analog Stick U100 FM".
Only composite & s-video inputs, no tuner support now.

Signed-off-by: Igor Novgorodov <igor@novg.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] saa7134 add new TV cards
Dmitri Belimov [Tue, 17 May 2011 04:21:34 +0000]
[media] saa7134 add new TV cards

Add new TV cards of Beholder Company. Just for autodetect.

Signed-off-by: Beholder Intl. Ltd. Dmitry Belimov <d.belimov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Use a more consistent value for RC repeat period
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 12 May 2011 01:36:47 +0000]
[media] Use a more consistent value for RC repeat period

The default REP_PERIOD is 33 ms. This doesn't make sense for IR's,
as, in general, an IR repeat scancode is provided at every 110/115ms,
depending on the RC protocol. So, increase its default, to do a
better job avoiding ghost repeat events.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] cx18: Move spinlock and vb_type initialisation into stream_init
Simon Farnsworth [Tue, 10 May 2011 13:49:50 +0000]
[media] cx18: Move spinlock and vb_type initialisation into stream_init

The initialisation of vb_type in serialized_open was preventing
REQBUFS from working reliably. Remove it, and move the spinlock into
stream_init for good measure - it's only used when we have a stream
that supports videobuf anyway.

Signed-off-by: Simon Farnsworth <simon.farnsworth@onelan.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove tm6010 sif audio start and stop
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:54:04 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove tm6010 sif audio start and stop

remove tm6010 sif audio start and stop

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove unused exports
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:54:03 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove unused exports

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: add pts logging
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:54:02 +0000]
[media] tm6000: add pts logging

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: change from ioctl to unlocked_ioctl
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:54:01 +0000]
[media] tm6000: change from ioctl to unlocked_ioctl

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: all audio packets must swab
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:54:00 +0000]
[media] tm6000: all audio packets must swab

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove input select
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:59 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove input select

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: move from tm6000_set_reg to tm6000_set_reg_mask
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:58 +0000]
[media] tm6000: move from tm6000_set_reg to tm6000_set_reg_mask

move from tm6000_set_reg to tm6000_set_reg_mask

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove duplicated init
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:57 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove duplicated init

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove old tuner params
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:56 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove old tuner params

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: remove unused capabilities
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:55 +0000]
[media] tm6000: remove unused capabilities

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: add eeprom
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:54 +0000]
[media] tm6000: add eeprom

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: change input control
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:53 +0000]
[media] tm6000: change input control

change input control

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: vitual input enums
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:52 +0000]
[media] tm6000: vitual input enums

vitual input enums

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: change to virtual inputs
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:51 +0000]
[media] tm6000: change to virtual inputs

change to virtual inputs

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: add tm6010 audio mode setup
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:50 +0000]
[media] tm6000: add tm6010 audio mode setup

add tm6010 audio mode setup

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] tm6000: add radio capabilities
Stefan Ringel [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:49 +0000]
[media] tm6000: add radio capabilities

add radio capabilities

Signed-off-by: Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@arcor.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Prevent null pointer derefernce of pdev
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala [Mon, 9 May 2011 10:32:24 +0000]
[media] Prevent null pointer derefernce of pdev

Make sure pdev is not dereferenced when it is null

Signed-off-by: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: allow to read back of detected parameters through S2API
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:41 +0000]
[media] DVB: allow to read back of detected parameters through S2API

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: add parameters_out
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:40 +0000]
[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: add parameters_out

- Holds the parameters detected by the demod.
- Updated on every call to get_frontend, either through ioctl or when
  a frontend event occurs.
- Reset to input parameters after every call to set_frontend, tune or
  search/track.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: use shortcut to access fe->dtv_property_cache
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:39 +0000]
[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: use shortcut to access fe->dtv_property_cache

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: remove unused assignments
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:38 +0000]
[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: remove unused assignments

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: rename parameters to parameters_in
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:37 +0000]
[media] DVB: dvb_frontend: rename parameters to parameters_in

- Preparation to distinguish input parameters from output parameters.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: call get_property at the end of dtv_property_process_get
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:36 +0000]
[media] DVB: call get_property at the end of dtv_property_process_get

- Drivers should be able to override properties returned to the user.
- The default values get prefilled from the cache.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: dtv_property_cache_submit shouldn't modifiy the cache
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:35 +0000]
[media] DVB: dtv_property_cache_submit shouldn't modifiy the cache

- Use const pointers and remove assignments.
- delivery_system already gets assigned by DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM
  and dtv_property_cache_sync.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] cxd2820r: Update frontend capabilities to advertise QAM-256
Steve Kerrison [Sun, 8 May 2011 19:17:19 +0000]
[media] cxd2820r: Update frontend capabilities to advertise QAM-256

This is supported in DVB-T2 mode, so added to the T/T2 frontend.

Signed-off-by: Steve Kerrison <steve@stevekerrison.com>
Acked-by: Antti Palosaari <crope@iki.fi>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DocBook/dvb: Update to include DVB-T2 additions
Steve Kerrison [Sun, 8 May 2011 19:17:20 +0000]
[media] DocBook/dvb: Update to include DVB-T2 additions

A few new capabilities added to frontend.h for DVB-T2. Added these
to the documentation plus some notes explaining that they are
used by the T2 delivery system.

Signed-off-by: Steve Kerrison <steve@stevekerrison.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: mxl5005s: handle new bandwidths by returning -EINVAL
Andreas Oberritter [Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:37:57 +0000]
[media] DVB: mxl5005s: handle new bandwidths by returning -EINVAL

drivers/media/common/tuners/mxl5005s.c: In function ‘mxl5005s_set_params’:
drivers/media/common/tuners/mxl5005s.c:4016: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_5_MHZ’ not handled in switch
drivers/media/common/tuners/mxl5005s.c:4016: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_10_MHZ’ not handled in switch
drivers/media/common/tuners/mxl5005s.c:4016: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_1_712_MHZ’ not handled in switch

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: drxd_hard: handle new bandwidths by returning -EINVAL
Andreas Oberritter [Fri, 20 May 2011 21:56:23 +0000]
[media] DVB: drxd_hard: handle new bandwidths by returning -EINVAL

drivers/media/dvb/frontends/drxd_hard.c: In function ‘DRX_Start’:
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/drxd_hard.c:2327: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_5_MHZ’ not handled in switch
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/drxd_hard.c:2327: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_10_MHZ’ not handled in switch
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/drxd_hard.c:2327: warning: enumeration value ‘BANDWIDTH_1_712_MHZ’ not handled in switch

[mchehab@redhat.com: removed the status = status assignment after the switch]
Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: Add basic API support for DVB-T2 and bump minor version
Andreas Oberritter [Thu, 12 May 2011 21:11:06 +0000]
[media] DVB: Add basic API support for DVB-T2 and bump minor version

[steve@stevekerrison.com: Remove private definitions from cxd2820r that existed before API was defined]
Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Steve Kerrison <steve@stevekerrison.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] imon: Correct call to input_free_device
Julia Lawall [Fri, 20 May 2011 18:31:59 +0000]
[media] imon: Correct call to input_free_device

ictx->touch is intialied in imon_init_intf1, to the result of calling the
function that contains this code.  Thus, in this code, input_free_device
should be called on touch itself.

A simplified version of the semantic match that finds this problem is:
(http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/)

// <smpl>
@r exists@
local idexpression struct input_dev * x;
expression ra,rr;
position p1,p2;
@@

x = input_allocate_device@p1(...)
...  when != x = rr
    when != input_free_device(x,...)
    when != if (...) { ... input_free_device(x,...) ...}
if(...) { ... when != x = ra
    when forall
    when != input_free_device(x,...)
\(return <+...x...+>; \| return@p2...; \) }

@script:python@
p1 << r.p1;
p2 << r.p2;
@@

cocci.print_main("input_allocate_device",p1)
cocci.print_secs("input_free_device",p2)
// </smpl>

Signed-off-by: Julia Lawall <julia@diku.dk>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] saa7134: enable IR support for Hauppauge HVR-1150/1120
Devin Heitmueller [Fri, 20 May 2011 18:28:24 +0000]
[media] saa7134: enable IR support for Hauppauge HVR-1150/1120

Enable the IR support for the Hauppauge HVR-1150 and HVR-1120.

Thanks to Fernando Laudares Camargos for testing the patch.

Signed-off-by: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@kernellabs.com>
Cc: Fernando Laudares Camargos <fernando.laudares.camargos@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] redrat3: new rc-core IR transceiver device driver
Jarod Wilson [Wed, 4 May 2011 17:02:42 +0000]
[media] redrat3: new rc-core IR transceiver device driver

This is a new rc-core device driver for the IR transceivers made by
RedRat Ltd. (http://redrat.co.uk/). It started out life as an
out-of-lirc-tree lirc driver, maintained in its own repo on sourceforge,
by Stephen Cox. He started porting it to what was then ir-core, and I
finally picked it up about two week ago and did a fairly large overhaul
on it, and its now into a state where I'm fairly comfortable submitting
it here for review and inclusion in the kernel. I'm claiming authorship
of this driver, since while it started out as Stephen's work, its
definitely a derivative work now, at 876 lines added and 1698 lines
removed since grabbing it from sourceforge. Stephen's name is retained
as secondary author though, and credited in the headers. Those
interested in seeing how the changes evolved can (at least for now) look
at this branch in my git tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jarod/linux-2.6-ir.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/redrat3

That won't be around forever though, and I'm doing this as a single
commit to go into mainline. Anyway...

I've successfully tested in-kernel decode of rc5, rc6 and nec remotes,
as well as lirc userspace decode of rc5 and rc6. There are still some
quirks here to sort out with rc5 lirc userspace decode, but I'm working
with the RedRat folks themselves to figure out what's going on there
(rc5 lirc decode works, but you only get an event on key release --
in-kernel rc5 decode behaves perfectly fine). Note that lirc decode of
rc6 is working perfectly. Transmit is also working, tested by pointing
the redrat3 at an mceusb transceiver, which happily picked up the
transmitted signals and properly decoded them.

There's no default remote for this hardware, so its somewhat arbitrarily
set to use the Hauppauge RC5 keymap by default. Easily changed out by
way of ir-keytable and irrelevant if you're using lircd for decode.

CC: Chris Dodge <chris@redrat.co.uk>
CC: Andrew Vincer <Andrew.Vincer@redrat.co.uk>
CC: Stephen Cox <scox_nz@yahoo.com>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] rc: add locking to fix register/show race
Jarod Wilson [Wed, 11 May 2011 18:14:31 +0000]
[media] rc: add locking to fix register/show race

When device_add is called in rc_register_device, the rc sysfs nodes show
up, and there's a window in which ir-keytable can be launched via udev
and trigger a show_protocols call, which runs without various rc_dev
fields filled in yet. Add some locking around registration and
store/show_protocols to prevent that from happening.

The problem manifests thusly:

[64692.957872] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000090
[64692.957878] IP: [<ffffffffa036a4c1>] show_protocols+0x47/0xf1 [rc_core]
[64692.957890] PGD 19cfc7067 PUD 19cfc6067 PMD 0
[64692.957894] Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
[64692.957897] last sysfs file: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.1/usb3/3-1/3-1:1.0/rc/rc2/protocols
[64692.957902] CPU 3
[64692.957903] Modules linked in: redrat3(+) ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev ir_sony_decoder ir_jvc_decoder ir_rc6_decoder ir_rc5_decoder rc_hauppauge ir_nec
_decoder rc_core ip6t_REJECT nf_conntrack_ipv6 nf_defrag_ipv6 ip6table_filter ip6_tables snd_emu10k1_synth snd_emux_synth snd_seq_virmidi snd_seq_mi
di_event snd_seq_midi_emul snd_emu10k1 snd_rawmidi snd_ac97_codec ac97_bus snd_seq snd_pcm snd_seq_device snd_timer snd_page_alloc snd_util_mem pcsp
kr tg3 snd_hwdep emu10k1_gp snd amd64_edac_mod gameport edac_core soundcore edac_mce_amd k8temp shpchp i2c_piix4 lm63 e100 mii uinput ipv6 raid0 rai
d1 ata_generic firewire_ohci pata_acpi firewire_core crc_itu_t sata_svw pata_serverworks floppy radeon ttm drm_kms_helper drm i2c_algo_bit i2c_core
[last unloaded: redrat3]
[64692.957949] [64692.957952] Pid: 12265, comm: ir-keytable Tainted: G   M    W   2.6.39-rc6+ #2 empty empty/TYAN Thunder K8HM S3892
[64692.957957] RIP: 0010:[<ffffffffa036a4c1>]  [<ffffffffa036a4c1>] show_protocols+0x47/0xf1 [rc_core]
[64692.957962] RSP: 0018:ffff880194509e38  EFLAGS: 00010202
[64692.957964] RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffffffffa036d1e0 RCX: ffffffffa036a47a
[64692.957966] RDX: ffff88019a84d000 RSI: ffffffffa036d1e0 RDI: ffff88019cf2f3f0
[64692.957969] RBP: ffff880194509e68 R08: 0000000000000002 R09: 0000000000000000
[64692.957971] R10: 0000000000000002 R11: 0000000000001617 R12: ffff88019a84d000
[64692.957973] R13: 0000000000001000 R14: ffff8801944d2e38 R15: ffff88019ce5f190
[64692.957976] FS:  00007f0a30c9a720(0000) GS:ffff88019fc00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
[64692.957979] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
[64692.957981] CR2: 0000000000000090 CR3: 000000019a8e0000 CR4: 00000000000006e0
[64692.957983] DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
[64692.957986] DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000ffff0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
[64692.957989] Process ir-keytable (pid: 12265, threadinfo ffff880194508000, task ffff88019a9fc720)
[64692.957991] Stack:
[64692.957992]  0000000000000002 ffffffffa036d1e0 ffff880194509f58 0000000000001000
[64692.957997]  ffff8801944d2e38 ffff88019ce5f190 ffff880194509e98 ffffffff8131484b
[64692.958001]  ffffffff8118e923 ffffffff810e9b2f ffff880194509e98 ffff8801944d2e18
[64692.958005] Call Trace:
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff8131484b>] dev_attr_show+0x27/0x4e
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff8118e923>] ? sysfs_read_file+0x94/0x172
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff810e9b2f>] ? __get_free_pages+0x16/0x52
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff8118e94c>] sysfs_read_file+0xbd/0x172
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff8113205e>] vfs_read+0xac/0xf3
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff8113347b>] ? fget_light+0x3a/0xa1
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff811320f2>] sys_read+0x4d/0x74
[64692.958014]  [<ffffffff814c19c2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b

Its a bit difficult to reproduce, but I'm fairly confident this has
fixed the problem.

Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] mceusb: passing ep to request_packet is redundant
Jarod Wilson [Tue, 10 May 2011 17:09:59 +0000]
[media] mceusb: passing ep to request_packet is redundant

Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] rc-winfast: fix inverted left/right key mappings
Jarod Wilson [Tue, 10 May 2011 14:59:46 +0000]
[media] rc-winfast: fix inverted left/right key mappings

Reported-by: Douglas Clowes <dclowes1@optusnet.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] ite-cir: finish tx before suspending
Jarod Wilson [Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:17 +0000]
[media] ite-cir: finish tx before suspending

Continuing with IR transmit after resuming from suspend seems fairly
useless, given that the only place we can actually end up suspending is
after IR has been send and we're simply mdelay'ing. Lets simplify the
resume path by just waiting on tx to complete in the suspend path, then
we know we can't be transmitting on resume, and reinitialization of the
hardware registers becomes more straight-forward.

CC: Juan Jesús García de Soria <skandalfo@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] ite-cir: clean up odd spacing in ite8709 bits
Jarod Wilson [Mon, 9 May 2011 15:01:35 +0000]
[media] ite-cir: clean up odd spacing in ite8709 bits

There was some rather odd spacing in a few of the ite8709-specific
functions that made it hard to read those sections of code. This is just
a simple reformatting.

CC: Juan Jesús García de Soria <skandalfo@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] ite-cir: make IR receive work after resume
Jarod Wilson [Mon, 9 May 2011 14:48:33 +0000]
[media] ite-cir: make IR receive work after resume

Just recently acquired an Asus Eee Box PC with an onboard IR receiver
driven by ite-cir (ITE8713 sub-variant). Works out of the box with the
ite-cir driver in 2.6.39, but stops working after a suspend/resume
cycle. Its fixed by simply reinitializing registers after resume,
similar to what's done in the nuvoton-cir driver. I've not tested with
any other ITE variant, but code inspection suggests this should be safe
on all variants.

Reported-by: Stephan Raue <sraue@openelec.tv>
CC: Juan Jesús García de Soria <skandalfo@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] imon: clean up disconnect routine
Jarod Wilson [Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:20:58 +0000]
[media] imon: clean up disconnect routine

- Eliminate a possible circular locking lockdep warning
- Make sure we don't try to unregister a vfd on a device w/a vga screen
- Always free imon context after devices are removed (display_close can
  just error out w/no context)

Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] nuvoton-cir: minor tweaks to rc dev init
Jarod Wilson [Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:21:47 +0000]
[media] nuvoton-cir: minor tweaks to rc dev init

- Set a default timeout (matching mceusb.c) and use
  ir_raw_event_store_with_filter, which leads to better behavior when
  using lirc userspace decoding with this hardware
- Fill in rx_resolution with the value we're using here (50us)
- Wire up input phys and device parent pointer
- Use device_init_wakeup() instead of device_set_wakeup_*()

Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <jarod@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Add M420 format support
Hans de Goede [Wed, 11 May 2011 12:56:20 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Add M420 format support

The M420 format is used by the Microsoft LifeCam Studio HD.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
[laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com: split into v4l/uvcvideo patches]
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] v4l: Add M420 format definition
Hans de Goede [Wed, 11 May 2011 12:56:20 +0000]
[media] v4l: Add M420 format definition

M420 is a hybrid YUV 4:2:0 packet/planar format. Two Y lines are
followed by an interleaved U/V line.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
[laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com: split into v4l/uvcvideo patches]
[laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com: add documentation]
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Add support for NOMMU arch
Bob Liu [Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:11:35 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Add support for NOMMU arch

Add support to uvc driver for NOMMU arch including add function
uvc_queue_get_unmapped_area() and make some changes in uvc_queue_mmap().
So that uvc camera can be used on nommu arch like blackfin.

Signed-off-by: Bob Liu <lliubbo@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Revert "V4L/DVB: v4l2-dev: remove get_unmapped_area"
Bob Liu [Fri, 6 May 2011 08:20:09 +0000]
[media] Revert "V4L/DVB: v4l2-dev: remove get_unmapped_area"

This reverts commit c29fcff3daafbf46d64a543c1950bbd206ad8c1c.

Signed-off-by: Bob Liu <lliubbo@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: mt9m111: fix pixel clock
Teresa Gámez [Wed, 18 May 2011 13:41:45 +0000]
[media] V4L: mt9m111: fix pixel clock

This camera driver supports only rising edge, which is the default
setting of the device. The function mt9m111_setup_pixfmt() overwrites
this setting. So the driver actually uses falling edge.
This patch corrects that.

Signed-off-by: Teresa Gámez <t.gamez@phytec.de>
[g.liakhovetski@gmx.de: removed superfluous register write]
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Tested-by: Teresa Gámez <t.gamez@phytec.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: mt9v022: fix pixel clock
Teresa Gámez [Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:39:57 +0000]
[media] V4L: mt9v022: fix pixel clock

The setup of the pixel clock is done wrong in the mt9v022 driver.
The 'Invert Pixel Clock' bit has to be set to 1 for falling edge
and not for rising. This is not clearly described in the data
sheet.

Tested on pcm037 and pcm027/pcm990.

Signed-off-by: Teresa Gámez <t.gamez@phytec.de>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: a missing mediabus code -> fourcc translation is not critical
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Wed, 18 May 2011 09:49:54 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: a missing mediabus code -> fourcc translation is not critical

soc_mbus_get_fmtdesc() returning NULL means only, that no standard
mediabus code -> fourcc conversion is known, this shouldn't be treated
as an error by drivers.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: add more format look-up entries
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 17 May 2011 13:44:03 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: add more format look-up entries

Add new look-up entries for all mediabus codes, for which respective
fourcc codes exist.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: add a new packing for YUV 4:2:0 type formats
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Fri, 20 May 2011 07:25:09 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: add a new packing for YUV 4:2:0 type formats

12-bit formats, similar to YUV 4:2:0 occupy 3 bytes for each two pixels
and cannot be described by any of the existing SOC_MBUS_PACKING_* macros.
This patch adds a new one SOC_MBUS_PACKING_1_5X8 to describe such
formats and extends soc_mbus_samples_per_pixel() to support it.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: omap1-camera: fix huge lookup array
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Fri, 13 May 2011 16:11:38 +0000]
[media] V4L: omap1-camera: fix huge lookup array

Since V4L2_MBUS_FMT_* codes have become large and sparse, they cannot
be used as array indices anymore.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: avoid huge arrays, caused by changed format codes
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Fri, 13 May 2011 16:21:36 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: avoid huge arrays, caused by changed format codes

Recently mediabus pixel format codes have become a part of the user-
space API, at which time their values also have been changed from
contiguous numbers, running from 0 to sparse numbers with values
around 0x1000, 0x2000, 0x3000... This made them unsuitable for the
use as array indices. This patch switches soc-camera internal format
look-ups to not depend on values of those macros.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: add MIPI bus flags
Kassey Li [Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:01:29 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: add MIPI bus flags

Signed-off-by: Kassey Lee <ygli@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Qing Xu <qingx@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: add JPEG support
Kassey Li [Fri, 20 May 2011 07:08:39 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: add JPEG support

Signed-off-by: Qing Xu <qingx@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Kassey Lee <ygli@marvell.com>
[g.liakhovetski@gmx.de: fixed compiler warning]
Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: implement live cropping
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:39:16 +0000]
[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: implement live cropping

PRELIMINARY: break out spinlock changes; consider multiple completing
feames, causing multiple complete() calles.

Add live crop support to the sh_mobile_ceu driver.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: soc-camera: add a livecrop host operation
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:28:28 +0000]
[media] V4L: soc-camera: add a livecrop host operation

Add an soc-camera host livecrop operation to implement live zoom. If
a host driver implements it, it should take care to preserve output
frame format, then live crop doesn't break streaming.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: mx3_camera: implement .stop_streaming()
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:24:01 +0000]
[media] V4L: mx3_camera: implement .stop_streaming()

The .stop_streaming() videobuf2 operation has to be implemented to
guarantee, that video buffers are not written to after a STREAMOFF.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: implement .stop_streaming()
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:51:07 +0000]
[media] V4L: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: implement .stop_streaming()

The .stop_streaming() videobuf2 operation has to be implemented to
guarantee, that video buffers are not written to after a STREAMOFF.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] s5p-csis: Do not use uninitialized variables in s5pcsis_suspend
Sylwester Nawrocki [Wed, 18 May 2011 15:06:40 +0000]
[media] s5p-csis: Do not use uninitialized variables in s5pcsis_suspend

Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <kyungmin.park@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] v4l: Add v4l2 subdev driver for S5P/EXYNOS4 MIPI-CSI receivers
Sylwester Nawrocki [Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:44:19 +0000]
[media] v4l: Add v4l2 subdev driver for S5P/EXYNOS4 MIPI-CSI receivers

Add the subdev driver for the MIPI CSIS units available in S5P and
Exynos4 SoC series. This driver supports both CSIS0 and CSIS1
MIPI-CSI2 receivers.
The driver requires Runtime PM to be enabled for proper operation.

Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <kyungmin.park@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] v4l: Move s5p-fimc driver into Video capture devices
Sylwester Nawrocki [Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:21:57 +0000]
[media] v4l: Move s5p-fimc driver into Video capture devices

s5p-fimc now also implements a camera capture video node so move
it under the "Video capture devices" Kconfig menu. Also update
the entry to reflect the driver's coverage of EXYNOS4 SoCs and
separate the Makefile entry from the soc-camera drivers set.

Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <kyungmin.park@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] v4l: Add V4L2_MBUS_FMT_JPEG_1X8 media bus format
Sylwester Nawrocki [Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:09:43 +0000]
[media] v4l: Add V4L2_MBUS_FMT_JPEG_1X8 media bus format

Add V4L2_MBUS_FMT_JPEG_1X8 format and the corresponding Docbook
documentation.

Signed-off-by: Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <kyungmin.park@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - kinect: fix comments referring to color camera
Antonio Ospite [Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:51:36 +0000]
[media] gspca - kinect: fix comments referring to color camera

Use the expression "video stream" instead of "color camera" which is
more correct as the driver supports the RGB and IR image on the same
endpoint.

Signed-off-by: Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - kinect: fix a typo s/steram/stream/
Drew Fisher [Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:51:35 +0000]
[media] gspca - kinect: fix a typo s/steram/stream/

Signed-off-by: Drew Fisher <drew.m.fisher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] gspca - kinect: move communications buffers out of stack
Drew Fisher [Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:51:34 +0000]
[media] gspca - kinect: move communications buffers out of stack

Move large communications buffers out of stack and into device
structure. This prevents the frame size from being >1kB and fixes a
compiler warning when CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=1024:

drivers/media/video/gspca/kinect.c: In function ‘send_cmd.clone.0’:
drivers/media/video/gspca/kinect.c:202: warning: the frame size of 1548 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

Reported-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Drew Fisher <drew.m.fisher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DVB: return meaningful error codes in dvb_frontend
Andreas Oberritter [Sun, 8 May 2011 23:03:34 +0000]
[media] DVB: return meaningful error codes in dvb_frontend

- Return values should not be ORed. Abort early instead.
- Return -EINVAL instead of -1.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] Kconfig: Fix indention of ---help--- for timerdale driver
Oliver Endriss [Fri, 6 May 2011 18:43:27 +0000]
[media] Kconfig: Fix indention of ---help--- for timerdale driver

Signed-off-by: Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years agoDocBook/dvb: Improve description of the DVB API v5
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 6 May 2011 15:32:03 +0000]
DocBook/dvb: Improve description of the DVB API v5

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] DiBxxxx: get rid of DMA buffer on stack
Olivier Grenie [Tue, 3 May 2011 15:27:33 +0000]
[media] DiBxxxx: get rid of DMA buffer on stack

This patch removes the remaining on-stack buffer for USB DMA transfer.
This patch also reduces the stack memory usage.

Cc: stable@kernel.org
Cc: Florian Mickler <florian@mickler.org>
Signed-off-by: Olivier Grenie <olivier.grenie@dibcom.fr>
Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@dibcom.fr>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] via-camera: add MODULE_ALIAS
Daniel Drake [Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:45:01 +0000]
[media] via-camera: add MODULE_ALIAS

This fixes autoloading of the module.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Drake <dsd@laptop.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] cx18: Fix warnings introduced during cleanup
Simon Farnsworth [Thu, 5 May 2011 12:42:36 +0000]
[media] cx18: Fix warnings introduced during cleanup

I misused the ktime API, and failed to remove some traces of the
in-kernel format conversion. Fix these, so the the driver builds
without warnings.

Signed-off-by: Simon Farnsworth <simon.farnsworth@onelan.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Make the API public
Laurent Pinchart [Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:15:44 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Make the API public

Move the public API definitions to include/linux/uvcvideo.h and bump the
version number to 1.1.0. Compatibility with the old API is kept,
application can still be compiled against the private header and will
not break.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Return -ERANGE when userspace sets an unsupported menu entry
Laurent Pinchart [Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:46:11 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Return -ERANGE when userspace sets an unsupported menu entry

Instead of passing the value down to the device and getting an error
back (or worse, crashing the firmware), return -ERANGE when the
requested menu entry is not supported.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Don't report unsupported menu entries
Laurent Pinchart [Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:46:11 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Don't report unsupported menu entries

Supported menu entries are reported by the device in response to the
GET_RES query. Use the information to return -EINVAL to userspace for
unsupported values when enumerating menu entries.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Override wrong bandwidth value for Hercules Classic Silver
Laurent Pinchart [Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:58:43 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Override wrong bandwidth value for Hercules Classic Silver

Set the FIX_BANDWIDTH quirk for the device.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>

8 years ago[media] uvcvideo: Add support for JMicron USB2.0 XGA WebCam
Laurent Pinchart [Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:58:43 +0000]
[media] uvcvideo: Add support for JMicron USB2.0 XGA WebCam

The camera requires the PROBE_MINMAX quirk. Add a corresponding entry
in the device IDs list

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com>