12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - add snd_hda_codec_stereo() function
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:11:07 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - add snd_hda_codec_stereo() function

Added snd_hda_codec_amp_stereo() function that changes both of stereo
channels with the same mask and value bits.  It simplifies most of
amp-handling codes.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - optimize resume using caches
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:09:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - optimize resume using caches

So far, the driver looked the table of snd_kcontrol_new used for creating
mixer elements and forces to call each of its put callbacks in PM resume
code.  This is too ugly and hackish.
Now, the resume is simplified using the codec amp and command register
caches.  The driver simply restores the values that have been written
in the cache table.  With this simplification, most codec support codes
don't require any special resume callback.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - introduce command register cache
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:03:40 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - introduce command register cache

This patch adds the cache for codec command registers.
snd_hda_codec_write_cache() and snd_hda_sequence_write_cache() do
the write operations with caching, which values can be resumed via
snd_hda_codec_resume_cache().
The patch introduces only the framework, and no codec code is using
this cache yet.  It'll be implemented in the following patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - rewrite amp cache more generic
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:59:39 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - rewrite amp cache more generic

Rewrite the code to handle amp cache and hash tables to be more
generic.  This routine will be used by the register caches in the
next patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Use msecs_to_jiffies() in ac97_codec.c
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:50:37 +0000]
[ALSA] Use msecs_to_jiffies() in ac97_codec.c

Replace the direct calculation of jiffies with msecs_to_jiffies().

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio - Add advanced mode support for Edirol UA-1EX
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:07:06 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio - Add advanced mode support for Edirol UA-1EX

Add the quirk to support Advanced mode of Edirol UA-1EX.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] isa libs Makefiles cleanup
Krzysztof Helt [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:04:42 +0000]
[ALSA] isa libs Makefiles cleanup

This patch uses the Kconfig parameters SND_AD1848_LIB and
SND_CS4231_LIB instead of mentioning each driver that requires
the ad1848-lib or cs4231-lib separately in the Makefiles.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof.h1@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix parsing of F9/FD bytes
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:41:07 +0000]
[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix parsing of F9/FD bytes

Check for a valid event type when encoding a system real-time message to
prevent the bytes F9 or FD resulting in an empty sequencer message.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix parsing of missing data bytes
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:40:09 +0000]
[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix parsing of missing data bytes

Reorganize the encoder logic to prevent status bytes that appear where
data bytes are expected from being interpreted as data bytes.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] seq_midi_event: prevent running status after system messages
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:39:14 +0000]
[ALSA] seq_midi_event: prevent running status after system messages

Reset the event type after encoding a system message to prevent any
following data bytes from being interpreted as data for a running status
system message, which is not allowed in MIDI.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix encoding of data bytes after end of sysex
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:38:36 +0000]
[ALSA] seq_midi_event: fix encoding of data bytes after end of sysex

Create a new state ST_INVALID for the encoder to prevent data bytes at
the beginning of a stream or after a sysex message being interpreted as
note-off parameters.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] This patch is a USB quirk to ensure the Stanton Scratchamp v1 is detected
Mark Hills [Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:01:54 +0000]
[ALSA] This patch is a USB quirk to ensure the Stanton Scratchamp v1 is detected

(bugtrack #2932). The interface is two USB devices in the same physical
box. Note that this is the USB ScratchAmp v1 and not the later v2
(firewire) model.

Signed-off-by: Mark Hills <mark@pogo.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Add new AFMT_* formats for OSS emulation
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 8 Aug 2007 15:00:32 +0000]
[ALSA] Add new AFMT_* formats for OSS emulation

The recent OSS includes the support for 32bit and other formats, which
we already have, too.  Let's define and map them.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fix OSS documentation about 3bytes format
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 8 Aug 2007 14:58:45 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix OSS documentation about 3bytes format

Now the OSS emulation supports 3bytes format, too.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Support 3-bytes 24bit format in PCM OSS emulation
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 8 Aug 2007 14:49:08 +0000]
[ALSA] Support 3-bytes 24bit format in PCM OSS emulation

Add the support of 3-bytes 24bit formats in PCM OSS emulation.
Also removed snd_pcm_build_linear_format() function.  It's exported
just for OSS emulation, and now the code was changed without calling
this function.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Simplify the format conversion in PCM OSS emulation
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:50:58 +0000]
[ALSA] Simplify the format conversion in PCM OSS emulation

Simplify the format conversion code in PCM OSS emulation.
This patch also adds the support of 3bytes 24bit formats with linear
and mulaw, but they are not enabled in pcm_plugin.c yet.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Remove ifdefs from OSS PCM emulation codes
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:20:48 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove ifdefs from OSS PCM emulation codes

Fix Makefile to compile files conditionally to CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS,
and remove unneeded ifdefs in these files.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] doc - Remove IRQF_DISABLED from the example description
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:16:07 +0000]
[ALSA] doc - Remove IRQF_DISABLED from the example description

Remove the bogus IRQF_DISBLAED together with IRQF_SHARED from the
example code in the document.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] seq: resource leak fix and various code cleanups
Eugene Teo [Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:34:23 +0000]
[ALSA] seq: resource leak fix and various code cleanups

This patch fixes:
1) a resource leak (CID: 1817)
2) various code cleanups

Signed-off-by: Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@kernel.sg>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Acer Aspire laptops
Tobin Davis [Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:50:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for Acer Aspire laptops

This patch adds support for some Acer Aspire systems.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more Dell systems
Tobin Davis [Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:48:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more Dell systems

This patch adds support for Dell E520 and a couple of other 965 based systems.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] fix selector unit bug affecting some USB speakerphones
Russ Cox [Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:37:58 +0000]
[ALSA] fix selector unit bug affecting some USB speakerphones

Following the suggestion in this thread:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-lib/+bug/26683
the correct upper bound on desc[0] is 5 + num_ins not 6 + num_ins,
because the index used later is 5+i, not 6+i.
This change makes my Vosky Chatterbox speakerphone work.
Apparently it also helps with the Minivox MV100.

Signed-off-by: Russ Cox <rsc@swtch.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] au88x0: mem leak fix in snd_vortex_create()
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:05:27 +0000]
[ALSA] au88x0: mem leak fix in snd_vortex_create()

In sound/pci/au88x0/au88x0.c::snd_vortex_create() :
The Coverity checker found that if we allocate storage for 'chip'
but then leave via the  regions_out:  label, then we end up leaking
the storage allocated for 'chip'.
I believe simply freeing 'chip' before the 'return err;' line is
all we need to fix this, but please double-check me :)

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Remove invalid __devinit
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:51:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Remove invalid __devinit

Some functions in hda_codec.c are called from patch ops, which are
kept in the codec instance even after initialization.  Thus they
shouldn't be marked as __devinit.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Get rid of dead code in sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c
Michal Piotrowski [Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:26:43 +0000]
[ALSA] Get rid of dead code in sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c

File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 82
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 103
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 241
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 310
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 334
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 344
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL
File /home/devel/linux-rdc/sound/arm/sa11xx-uda1341.c line 357
Unknown CONFIG option! CONFIG_H3600_HAL

Signed-off-by: Michal Piotrowski <michal.k.k.piotrowski@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Coding style fix sound/pci/ca0106/ca_midi.h
Michal Piotrowski [Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:15:05 +0000]
[ALSA] Coding style fix sound/pci/ca0106/ca_midi.h

Coding style fix

Signed-off-by: Michal Piotrowski <michal.k.k.piotrowski@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a typo in Kconfig
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:01:43 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a typo in Kconfig

Fix a typo in Kconfig help text for CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] add the ESS1879 pnpbios ID to the es18xx driver
Rene Herman [Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:50:21 +0000]
[ALSA] add the ESS1879 pnpbios ID to the es18xx driver

As reported by Troy Heidner, the 'Gateway Solo 5150' laptop (for one) has an
onboard ESS1879 that identifies itself through PNPBIOS as just that. He also
confirmed that other than not knowing about it, snd-es18xx drives the chip
fine, so this adds the ID to the driver.

Signed-off-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] sound/soc ioremap/iounmap balancing
Scott Thompson [Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:38:59 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/soc ioremap/iounmap balancing

ioremap / iounmap balancing in sound/soc tree

Signed-off-by: Scott Thompson <postfail <at> hushmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] CS4270 driver does not compile with I2C disabled
Timur Tabi [Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:22:07 +0000]
[ALSA] CS4270 driver does not compile with I2C disabled

Fix compilation errors with the CS4270 when I2C is not enabled.  Updated
some comments to indicate that that stand-alone mode is not fully implemented,
because there is no mechanism for the CS4270 driver and the machine driver to
communicate the values of various input pins.

Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ASoC CS4270 codec device driver
Timur Tabi [Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:18:44 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC CS4270 codec device driver

This patch adds ALSA SoC support for the Cirrus Logic CS4270 codec.  The
following features are suppored:
1) Stand-alone and software mode
2) Software mode via I2C only
3) Master mode, not Slave
4) No power management

Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix GPIO in resume
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:56:24 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix GPIO in resume

Reinitialize GPIO in resume callback if necessary.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a typo in Makefile
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:09:16 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a typo in Makefile

Fixed a typo of CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix compile warning in snd_hwdep_ioctl_compat()
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:08:10 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix compile warning in snd_hwdep_ioctl_compat()

Fix missing cast:
    sound/pci/hda/hda_hwdep.c:86: warning: passing argument 4 of 'hda_hwdep_ioctl' makes integer from pointer without a cast

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support for the ASRock K8NF6G-VSTA motherboard
Tobin Davis [Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:42:10 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec -  Add support for the ASRock K8NF6G-VSTA motherboard

This patch adds ALC861VD support for the ASRock K8NF6G-VSTA motherboard.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] sound/synth/util_mem.c: remove pointless check
Adrian Bunk [Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:40:43 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/synth/util_mem.c: remove pointless check

The Coverity checker spotted that if anyone would call this function
with 'prev == NULL', he would still get an Oops a few lines below.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Add missing static in ac97_codec.c
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:52:41 +0000]
[ALSA] Add missing static in ac97_codec.c

Added missing static to snd_ac97_restore_status() and
snd_ac97_restore_iec958() functions.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] check for linked substreams of different cards
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:14:31 +0000]
[ALSA] check for linked substreams of different cards

It is possible to have linked substreams that belong to different cards
and/or different drivers.  This patch changes some drivers to make sure
that they do not incorrectly try to handle substreams of a different
card.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - kernel config for each codec
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:15:54 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - kernel config for each codec

Create kernel configs to choose the codec support codes to build.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add a generic bind-control helper
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:02:40 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add a generic bind-control helper

Added callbacks for a generic bind-control of mixer elements.
This can be used for creating a mixer element controlling multiple
widgets at the same time.  Two macros, HDA_BIND_VOL() and HDA_BIND_SW(),
are introduced for creating bind-volume and bind-switch, respectively.
It taks the mixer element name and struct hda_bind_ctls pointer, which
contains the real control callbacks in ops field and long array for
private_value of each bound widget.
All widgets have to be the same type (i.e. the same amp capability).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Add hwdep interface
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:58:06 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Add hwdep interface

Added a hwdep interface for each codec (enabled per kconfig).
This interface can be used for reading/writing HD-audio verbs
and other purposes as future extensions.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hdspm - Coding style fixes
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:52:46 +0000]
[ALSA] hdspm - Coding style fixes

Fix codes to follow more to the standard kernel coding style.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Coding style fixes
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:52:19 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Coding style fixes

Fix codes to follow more to the standard kernel coding style.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fix bugs in mode change/recalibration for opl3sa2 driver
Paul Vojta [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:20:38 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix bugs in mode change/recalibration for opl3sa2 driver

The mode change / recalibration doesn't work always with opl3sa2 devices,
e.g. the first time it's played back.  The patch fixes the problem.

Signed-off-by: Paul Vojta <vojta@math.berkeley.edu>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd_usb_caiaq_input_free() fix
Karsten Wiese [Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:15:42 +0000]
[ALSA] snd_usb_caiaq_input_free() fix

input_free_device()'s comment says:
input_free_device() should only be used if input_register_device() was
not called yet or if it failed. Once device was registered
use input_unregister_device() and memory will be freed once last
refrence to the device is dropped.

Signed-off-by: Karsten Wiese <fzu@wemgehoertderstaat.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Clean up Makefile
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:10:47 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up Makefile

Clean up Makefile using xxx- style instead of
ifeq(CONFIG_XXX,y).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fix build error without CONFIG_HAS_DMA
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:59:36 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix build error without CONFIG_HAS_DMA

The recent change of include/asm-generic/dma-mapping-broken.h breaks
the build without CONFIG_HAS_DMA.  This patch is an ad hoc fix.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Unmute the Audio/Micro Dock after firmware load.
James Courtier-Dutton [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:44:49 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Unmute the Audio/Micro Dock after firmware load.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Implement SPDIF/ADAT status.
James Courtier-Dutton [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:31:39 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Implement SPDIF/ADAT status.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fixes to follow the standard coding style
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:50:09 +0000]
[ALSA] Fixes to follow the standard coding style

Fixed the tutorial to follow the standard kernel coding style.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix the initial mixer state of ALC262 sony-assamd model
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:49:22 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix the initial mixer state of ALC262 sony-assamd model

Many of ALC262 codes don't call the automute function at the beginning,
which may keep the silence until the HP jack is replugged.  Now proper
init_hook is added.
Also, sony-assamd model doesn't handle the widget 0x14 properly, thus
calling automute isn't enough.  Now Front switch handles both widgets.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: remove extra commands in SPI DAC init sequence
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:41:17 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: remove extra commands in SPI DAC init sequence

The init sequence set a number of registers more than once to different
values.  It's only necessary to set them once to their final values.
It also never actually updated the digital attenuation settings.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Add more symbol SPI register names and use them
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:40:39 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: Add more symbol SPI register names and use them

Add more symbol name for SPI register values.  Change the SPI_XXX_BIT defines
from the bit number to a mask.  Saves having to write (1<<SPI_XXX_BIT) all the
time to convert to mask.  We never end up wanting the bit number.
Use all the symbol names for the SPI DAC init sequence.  The sequence is
exactly the same as it was before.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: power down SPI DAC channels when not in use
Trent Piepho [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:39:59 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: power down SPI DAC channels when not in use

For cards with an SPI DAC (SB Live 24-bit / Audigy SE), power down channels
0-2 when not in use.  They are powered up on PCM open and down again on PCM
close.  Channel 4 (== Front) is not powered down, as it is used for capture
feedback.  Powering it down would effectively kill line in pass-through.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1988 SPDIF output
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:04:05 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1988 SPDIF output

The SPDIF output on AD1988 had some problems due to the wrongly routed
analog loopback to SPDIF.  This patch fixes the implementation of
'IEC958 Playback Source' mixer to handle the amp bits of mixer widget
0x1d correctly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] s3c24xx-pcm: fix hw_params dma handling
Harald Welte [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:49:39 +0000]
[ALSA] s3c24xx-pcm: fix hw_params dma handling

Since the PCM emulation can call multiple times to hw_setup(), but we
can only once allocate/request the DMA channel, we have to handle
this gracefully.

Signed-off-by: Harald Welte <laforge@openmoko.org>
Signed-off-by: Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: replaced control add sequences with macro
Trent Piepho [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:10:34 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: replaced control add sequences with macro

Turn a rather long lined for loop that is duplicated multiple times into a
macro.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog mute controls for cards with SPI DAC
Trent Piepho [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:06:16 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106: Add analog mute controls for cards with SPI DAC

Add four mute controls for the analog output channels for cards that use
an SPI DAC, like the SB0570 SB Live! 24-bit / Audigy SE.  The Wolfson DAC
doesn't support muting left/right so the controls are mono.
The chip state struct gets a 32-byte array to act as a shadow of the spi
dac registers.  Only two registers are used for mute, but more would be
needed for analog gain, de-emphasis, DAC power down, phase inversion, and
other features.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] sound/pci/cs46xx/: fix an off-by-one
Adrian Bunk [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:56:45 +0000]
[ALSA] sound/pci/cs46xx/: fix an off-by-one

This patch fixes an off-by-one in a snd_assert() spotted by the
Coverity checker.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix missing replacement to snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:21:21 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix missing replacement to snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info

There were some places I forgot to replace with snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Support for ADAT and S/PDIF.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:30:22 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Support for ADAT and S/PDIF.

Patch submitted by Ctirad Fertr
<c.fertr@volny.cz>

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-ca0106:Add recognition for new variant. Fixes ALSA bug#3251
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:12:41 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-ca0106:Add recognition for new variant. Fixes ALSA bug#3251

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Improves firmware loading for E-Mu cards.
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:52:27 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1:Improves firmware loading for E-Mu cards.

Details:
Fixes http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8176

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci: fix volume handling of the 44.1 kHz slot
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:38:44 +0000]
[ALSA] ymfpci: fix volume handling of the 44.1 kHz slot

The existing code for handling the 44.1 slot's volume has two problems:
the volume is not affected by the 'Wave Playback Volume' mixer control,
and the BUF441OUTVOL register, which is used to control the per-
substream volume for this slot, uses a different scale than the gain
fields of the other slots.
This patch makes the BUF441OUTVOL register a shadow of the
NATIVEDACOUTVOL register so that the Wave volume is consistent for all
substreams.
As a consequence of this, the per-substream PCM volume control gets no
longer activated for the substream using this slot.  The code for
(de)activating the mixer control is moved from the open/close to the
prepare/trigger_stop callbacks so that it is able to determine the
substream's slot.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] ALSA sound driver for the AT73C213 DAC using Atmel SSC driver
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:01:38 +0000]
[ALSA] ALSA sound driver for the AT73C213 DAC using Atmel SSC driver

This patch adds support for the AT73C213 DAC using the misc Atmel SSC driver in
I2S mode. The driver also requires a SPI to setup the registers and control
volume.
It has been tested with an AT32AP7000 on the ATSTK1000 development board. The
driver should also work with any Atmel device with an SSC module supported by
the Atmel SSC driver (atmel-ssc).
The atmel-ssc driver is just submitted to the Linux kernel. Please see mail
thread http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/16/32

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Add SPI devices to ALSA Kconfig and Makefile
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:52:42 +0000]
[ALSA] Add SPI devices to ALSA Kconfig and Makefile

This patch adds SPI devices in the ALSA diretory, including the Kconfig and
Makefile.

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fix Kconfig entry for SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753
Arnaud Patard [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:43:37 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix Kconfig entry for SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753

SND_S3C24XX_SOC_NEO1973_WM8753 depends on MACH_GTA01 but the Kconfig
entry which is going to be merged is MACH_NEO1973_GTA01.

Signed-off-by: Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Clean up with common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:42:26 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up with common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info callbacks

Clean up codes using the new common snd_ctl_boolean_*_info() callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Add helper functions for frequently used callbacks
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:41:34 +0000]
[ALSA] Add helper functions for frequently used callbacks

Added helper functions for frequenty used callbacks:
  snd_ctl_boolean_mono_info() and snd_ctl_boolean_stereo_info()

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add support for E-Mu 1616 PCI, 1616M PCI, 0404 PCI, E-Mu
James Courtier-Dutton [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:01:46 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-emu10k1: Add support for E-Mu 1616 PCI, 1616M PCI, 0404 PCI, E-Mu

Notebook.
Description: The .device=0x0008 chips have new, but different EMU32 in/out
channels. Driver updated to make use of these EMU32 channels.

Signed-off-by: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/core/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:15:42 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/core/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/core/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/soc/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:15:16 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/soc/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/soc/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/ppc/
Jesper Juhl [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:14:53 +0000]
[ALSA] Clean up duplicate includes in sound/ppc/

This patch cleans up duplicate includes in
sound/ppc/

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years ago[ALSA] Fix tas_suspend/resume build warning
Stephen Rothwell [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:10:07 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix tas_suspend/resume build warning

sound/aoa/codecs/snd-aoa-codec-tas.c:750: warning: 'tas_suspend' defined but not used
sound/aoa/codecs/snd-aoa-codec-tas.c:760: warning: 'tas_resume' defined but not used
Acked-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

12 years agoMerge branch 'devel' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:08:50 +0000]
Merge branch 'devel' of /home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* 'devel' of master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (95 commits)
  [ARM] 4578/1: CM-x270: PCMCIA support
  [ARM] 4577/1: ITE 8152 PCI bridge support
  [ARM] 4576/1: CM-X270 machine support
  [ARM] pxa: Avoid pxa_gpio_mode() in gpio_direction_{in,out}put()
  [ARM] pxa: move pxa_set_mode() from pxa2xx_mainstone.c to mainstone.c
  [ARM] pxa: move pxa_set_mode() from pxa2xx_lubbock.c to lubbock.c
  [ARM] pxa: Make cpu_is_pxaXXX dependent on configuration symbols
  [ARM] pxa: PXA3xx base support
  [NET] smc91x: fix PXA DMA support code
  [SERIAL] Fix console initialisation ordering
  [ARM] pxa: tidy up arch/arm/mach-pxa/Makefile
  [ARM] Update arch/arm/Kconfig for drivers/Kconfig changes
  [ARM] 4600/1: fix kernel build failure with build-id-supporting binutils
  [ARM] 4599/1: Preserve ATAG list for use with kexec (2.6.23)
  [ARM] Rename consistent_sync() as dma_cache_maint()
  [ARM] 4572/1: ep93xx: add cirrus logic edb9307 support
  [ARM] 4596/1: S3C2412: Correct IRQs for SDI+CF and add decoding support
  [ARM] 4595/1: ns9xxx: define registers as void __iomem * instead of volatile u32
  [ARM] 4594/1: ns9xxx: use the new gpio functions
  [ARM] 4593/1: ns9xxx: implement generic clockevents
  ...

12 years agoMerge branch 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:07:40 +0000]
Merge branch 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

* 'locks' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux:
  nfsd: remove IS_ISMNDLCK macro
  Rework /proc/locks via seq_files and seq_list helpers
  fs/locks.c: use list_for_each_entry() instead of list_for_each()
  NFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  AFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  9PFS: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  GFS2: clean up explicit check for mandatory locks
  Cleanup macros for distinguishing mandatory locks
  Documentation: move locks.txt in filesystems/
  locks: add warning about mandatory locking races
  Documentation: move mandatory locking documentation to filesystems/
  locks: Fix potential OOPS in generic_setlease()
  Use list_first_entry in locks_wake_up_blocks
  locks: fix flock_lock_file() comment
  Memory shortage can result in inconsistent flocks state
  locks: kill redundant local variable
  locks: reverse order of posix_locks_conflict() arguments

12 years agoMerge branch 'release' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:32:57 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of ssh:///linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] build fix for scatterlist

12 years ago[libata] pata_cs5536: new API build fix
Jeff Garzik [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:10:12 +0000]
[libata] pata_cs5536: new API build fix

This driver was using hooks that were very recently removed.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

12 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:06:58 +0000]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (42 commits)
  [IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair
  [TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit
  [TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation
  [NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback
  [NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL
  [INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue
  [ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.
  [IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers
  [SELINUX]: Update for netfilter ->hook() arg changes.
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_put
  [INET]: Small cleanup for xxx_put after evictor consolidation
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_evictor
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_destroy
  [INET]: Consolidate xxx_the secret_rebuild
  [INET]: Consolidate the xxx_frag_kill
  [INET]: Collect common frag sysctl variables together
  [INET]: Collect frag queues management objects together
  [INET]: Move common fields from frag_queues in one place.
  [TG3]: Fix performance regression on 5705.
  [ISDN]: Remove local copy of device name to make sure renames work.
  ...

12 years agoMap volume and brightness events on thinkpads
Jeremy Katz [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:45:10 +0000]
Map volume and brightness events on thinkpads

There are standard keycodes for brightness and volume; map the events to
emit them so that things work properly

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

12 years ago[IA64] build fix for scatterlist
Tony Luck [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:49:43 +0000]
[IA64] build fix for scatterlist

include/scsi/scsi_eh.h:79: error: field `sense_sgl' has incomplete type

x86 resolves this by including scatterlist.h from dma-mapping.h which
seems as good a place as any.

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

12 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:41:39 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input: (40 commits)
  Input: use full RCU API
  Input: remove tsdev interface
  Input: add support for Blackfin BF54x Keypad controller
  Input: appletouch - another fix for idle reset logic
  HWMON: hdaps - switch to using input-polldev
  Input: add support for SEGA Dreamcast keyboard
  Input: omap-keyboard - don't pretend we support changing keymap
  Input: lifebook - fix X and Y axis range
  Input: usbtouchscreen - add support for GeneralTouch devices
  Input: fix open count handling in input interfaces
  Input: keyboard - add CapsShift lock
  Input: adbhid - produce all CapsLock key events
  Input: ALPS - add signature for ThinkPad R61
  Input: jornada720_kbd - send MSC_SCAN events
  Input: add support for the HP Jornada 7xx (710/720/728) touchscreen
  Input: add support for HP Jornada 7xx onboard keyboard
  Input: add support for HP Jornada onboard keyboard (HP6XX)
  Input: ucb1400_ts - use schedule_timeout_uninterruptible
  Input: xpad - fix dependancy on LEDS class
  Input: auto-select INPUT for MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN option
  ...

Resolved conflicts manually in drivers/hwmon/applesmc.c: converting from
a class device to a device and converting to use input-polldev created a
few apparently trivial clashes..

12 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:31:14 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev:
  [libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)
  libata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted
  ata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix
  pata_cs5536: ATA driver for Geode companion chip
  libata: add ST9160821AS / 3.CCD to NCQ blacklist
  libata: fix revalidation issuing after configuration commands
  [libata] sata_nv: add SW NCQ support for MCP51/MCP55/MCP61
  [libata] pata_sil680: Add MMIO support

12 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:30:35 +0000]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6

* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6: (35 commits)
  xen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx
  netdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()
  ucc_geth: Fix build break introduced by commit 09f75cd7bf13720738e6a196cc0107ce9a5bd5a0
  gianfar: Fix regression caused by new napi interface
  gianfar: Cleanup compile warning caused by 0795af57
  gianfar: Fix compile regression caused by bea3348e
  add new prom.h for AU1x00
  update AU1000 get_ethernet_addr()
  MIPSsim: General cleanup
  Jazzsonic: Fix warning about unused variable.
  Remove msic_dcr_read() in axon_msi.c
  Use dcr_host_t.base in dcr_unmap()
  Add dcr_host_t.base in dcr_read()/dcr_write()
  Use dcr_host_t.base in ibm_emac_mal
  Update ibm_newemac to use dcr_host_t.base
  tehuti: possible leak in bdx_probe
  TC35815: Fix build
  SAA9730: Fix build
  AR7 ethernet
  myri10ge: update driver version to 1.3.2-1.287
  ...

12 years agoxen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx
Jeremy Fitzhardinge [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:59:53 +0000]
xen-netfront: rearrange netfront structure to separate tx and rx

Keep tx and rx elements separate on different cachelines to prevent
bouncing.

Signed-off-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xensource.com>
Acked-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
Cc: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

12 years agoAtari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments
Geert Uytterhoeven [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:51:10 +0000]
Atari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments

Atari keyboard: incorporate additional review comments:
  o Kill reference to source file name
  o Return error value from input_register_device() instead of -ENOMEM

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Cc: Michael Schmitz <schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

12 years ago[IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:02:51 +0000]
[IPV6]: Consolidate the ip6_pol_route_(input|output) pair

The difference in both functions is in the "id" passed to
the rt6_select, so just pass it as an extra argument from
two outer helpers.

This is minus 60 lines of code and 360 bytes of .text

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years ago[TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit
Ilpo Järvinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:59:43 +0000]
[TCP]: Make snd_cwnd_cnt 32-bit

Very little point of having 32-bit snd_cnwd if this is not
32-bit as well, as a number of snd_cwnd incrementation formulas
assume that snd_cwnd_cnt can be at least as large as snd_cwnd.

Whether 32-bit is useful was discussed when e0ef57cc56c3c96
was made:
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=117218144409825&w=2

Signed-off-by: Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@helsinki.fi>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years ago[TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation
Jean Delvare [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:58:35 +0000]
[TCP]: Update the /proc/net/tcp documentation

* Say that this interface is deprecated.
* Update function name references to match the current code.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years agonetdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()
Alejandro Martinez Ruiz [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:37:43 +0000]
netdev: convert non-obvious instances to use ARRAY_SIZE()

This will convert remaining non-obvious or naive calculations of array
sizes to use ARRAY_SIZE() macro.

Signed-off-by: Alejandro Martinez Ruiz <alex@flawedcode.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>

12 years ago[NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:55:33 +0000]
[NETNS]: Don't panic on creating the namespace's loopback

When the loopback device is failed to initialize inside the new
namespaces, panic() is called. Do not do it when the namespace
in question is not the init_net.

Plus cleanup the error path a bit.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years agoReinstate lost flush_ioremap_region() fix to pxa2xx-flash driver
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:55:20 +0000]
Reinstate lost flush_ioremap_region() fix to pxa2xx-flash driver

Commit 90833fdab89da02fc0276224167f0a42e5176f41 ("[ARM] 4554/1: replace
consistent_sync() with flush_ioremap_region()") introduced a new
"flush_ioremap_region()" function to be used by the MTD mainstone-flash
and lubbock-flash drivers to fix a regression from around 2.6.18.

Those drivers were independently merged into a single driver by Todd
Poynor in commit e644f7d6289456657996df4192de76c5d0a9f9c7 ("[MTD] MAPS:
Merge Lubbock and Mainstone drivers into common PXA2xx driver")

Later, those two commits were merged into the main MTD tree by commit
b160292cc216a50fd0cd386b0bda2cd48352c73b ("Merge Linux 2.6.23") by David
Woodhouse, but in that merge, the fix to use flush_iomap_region() got
lost (as it was to files that now no longer existed).

This reinstates the fix in the new driver.

Noticed-by: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
Tested-and-acked-by: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Cc: Jared Hulbert <jaredeh@gmail.com>
Cc: Todd Poynor <tpoynor@mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

12 years ago[NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL
Pavel Emelyanov [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:54:15 +0000]
[NEIGH]: Ensure that pneigh_lookup is protected with RTNL

The pnigh_lookup is used to lookup proxy entries and to
create them in case lookup failed.

However, the "creation" code does not perform the re-lookup
after GFP_KERNEL allocation. This is done because the code
is expected to be protected with the RTNL lock, so add the
assertion (mainly to address future questions from new network
developers like me :) ).

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years ago[INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue
Denis V. Lunev [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:53:13 +0000]
[INET]: kmalloc+memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue

kmalloc + memset -> kzalloc in frag_alloc_queue

Signed-off-by: Denis V. Lunev <den@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years ago[ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.
Denis V. Lunev [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:52:20 +0000]
[ISDN]: Fix compile with CONFIG_ISDN_X25 disabled.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 06:44:56PM +0400, Denis V. Lunev wrote:
Compilation fix. The problem appears after
7c076d1de869256848dacb8de0050a3a390f95df by Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>

Acked-by: Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Denis V. Lunev <den@openvz.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years ago[libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)
Kristoffer Ericson [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:51:42 +0000]
[libata] pata_pcmcia: Add additional id string (corsair, 1GB)

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

12 years ago[IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers
Herbert Xu [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:50:28 +0000]
[IPV6]: Replace sk_buff ** with sk_buff * in input handlers

With all the users of the double pointers removed from the IPv6 input path,
this patch converts all occurances of sk_buff ** to sk_buff * in IPv6 input
handlers.

Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

12 years agoscsi/gdth: fix crash in gdth_timeout if no gdth controllers found
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:46:16 +0000]
scsi/gdth: fix crash in gdth_timeout if no gdth controllers found

If the gdth module is loaded (or compiled in), the gdth_timeout function
gets started even if no actual gdth controllers are found b the probing.

That ends up not only being unnecessary, but also causes a crash due to
the function blindly just trying to pick the first entry off the
"gdth_instances" list, and accessing it - which obviously doesn't work
if the list is empty!

Noticed by Ingo Molnar.

Tested-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

12 years agolibata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted
Andrew Paprocki [Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:43:12 +0000]
libata: prevent devices with blank model names from being DMA blacklisted

The strn_pattern_cmp routine does not handle a blank name parameter
properly. The only patterns which should match a blank name are "*"
and an explicit "". If the function is passed a blank name in current
code, it will always match against the patt parameter. The bug manifests
itself as the device with the empty model name always matching the first
device in the DMA blacklist, forcing it to revert to PIO mode.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Paprocki <andrew@ishiboo.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>

12 years agoata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix
Jason Gaston [Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:05:15 +0000]
ata_piix: SATA 2port controller port map fix

This patch adds a port map for ICH9 and ICH8 SATA controllers that have only 2 ports available in that mode.

Signed-off-by: Jason Gaston <jason.d.gaston@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>