11 years ago[ALSA] sound: rme96.c fix integer as NULL pointer warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:57:47 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: rme96.c fix integer as NULL pointer warning

kernel style does assignment outside of if() block
sound/pci/rme96.c:1562:71: warning: Using plain integer as NULL pointer

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: rme32.c fix integer as NULL pointer warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:57:23 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: rme32.c fix integer as NULL pointer warning

kernel style does assignment outside of if() statements.
sound/pci/rme32.c:1353:71: warning: Using plain integer as NULL pointer

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: maestro3.c fix shadowed variable warnings
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:56:37 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: maestro3.c fix shadowed variable warnings

change id to elem_id as it is used to initialize each mixer element
sound/pci/maestro3.c:2071:25: warning: symbol 'id' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/maestro3.c:67:13: originally declared here

index is used in each of these places to count over the dsp's memory,
change to the name dsp_index
sound/pci/maestro3.c:2572:9: warning: symbol 'index' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/maestro3.c:66:12: originally declared here
sound/pci/maestro3.c:2604:9: warning: symbol 'index' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/maestro3.c:66:12: originally declared here

[tiwai - fixed coding style issues as well]

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: fm801.c fix shadowed variable warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:55:07 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: fm801.c fix shadowed variable warning

id was only used as a counter in a for loop, move the declaration
to where it is used and change it to i.
sound/pci/fm801.c:1288:6: warning: symbol 'id' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/fm801.c:51:13: originally declared here

[tiwai - fixed a coding style issue as well]

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: es1968.c fox shadowed variable warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:53:41 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: es1968.c fox shadowed variable warning

id is used when initializing the mixer elements, use elem_id here
instead.
sound/pci/es1968.c:1963:25: warning: symbol 'id' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/es1968.c:129:13: originally declared here

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: ens1370.c fix shadowed variable warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:53:07 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: ens1370.c fix shadowed variable warning

index is incremented only when AC97_EI_SPDIF and then assigned to
the index field.  Change the temporary name to is_spdif.

sound/pci/ens1370.c:1638:10: warning: symbol 'index' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/ens1370.c:84:12: originally declared here

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] sound: cmipci.c fix shadowed variable warning
Harvey Harrison [Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:52:17 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: cmipci.c fix shadowed variable warning

A temporary variable for each mixer element is used in an initialization
loop, use the name elem_id.

sound/pci/cmipci.c:2747:26: warning: symbol 'id' shadows an earlier one
sound/pci/cmipci.c:56:13: originally declared here

[tiwai - fixed a coding style issue as well]

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] soc - Report errors from snd_soc_dapm_set_endpoint()
Mark Brown [Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:16:08 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - Report errors from snd_soc_dapm_set_endpoint()

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add docking-station mic input for Thinkpad X61
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:56:35 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add docking-station mic input for Thinkpad X61

Added the docking-stationc mic input to the capture source list
for Thinkpad X61.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix initial DAC numbers of 92HD71bxx codecs
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:26:41 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix initial DAC numbers of 92HD71bxx codecs

Fix the initial num_dacs of 92HD71bxx codecs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: sort quirks list
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:04:19 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: sort quirks list

Move some entries to their proper position so that the list is again
sorted by vendor/product ID.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] mpu401: reduce tx loop timeout
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:59:52 +0000]
[ALSA] mpu401: reduce tx loop timeout

Reduce the number of times to check for a non-empty Tx FIFO from 100 to
2 because there is no MPU-401 implementation that needs more than one or
two reads to determine the actual FIFO status.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hdsp - RME 9632 fix at 192kHz
Remy Bruno [Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:57:02 +0000]
[ALSA] hdsp - RME 9632 fix at 192kHz

The bits indicating SPDIF frequency in the status register are not the same for
the 9632 than for the other cards, because it also supports 192kHz. A specific
bitmask has thus been added (used in hdsp_spdif_sample_rate()).
The 9632 does not seem to report external sample rates greater than 96kHz. In
this case, the best seems to report spdif rate when autosync reference is
spdif. This also required to move function hdsp_spdif_sample_rate().

Signed-off-by: Remy Bruno <remy.bruno@trinnov.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: Mic as output fix
Matthew Ranostay [Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:55:05 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: Mic as output fix

Added logic to check if AUTO_PIN_FRONT_MIC is available for output
switch, if AUTO_PIN_MIC isn't.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing descriptions for STAC codec models
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:11:09 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add missing descriptions for STAC codec models

Added the missing descriptions for STAC codec models.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] seq-oss - Remove invalid BUG()
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:40:00 +0000]
[ALSA] seq-oss - Remove invalid BUG()

Removed invalid BUG() - the driver should handle the error case properly
rather than issuing BUG().

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Use PCI_DEVICE() macro
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:13:11 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Use PCI_DEVICE() macro

Clean up the pci id table using PCI_DEVICE() macro.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] snd-dummy - improved timing, silence on prepare
Ahmet İnan [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:55:30 +0000]
[ALSA] snd-dummy - improved timing, silence on prepare

Signed-off-by: Ahmet İnan <ainan <at> mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC927x analog mic
Matthew Ranostay [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:51:46 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC927x analog mic

Some laptops have a internal analog microphone that is not setup by the BIOS.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: 92HDxxxx PCI Quirks
Matthew Ranostay [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:51:14 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: 92HDxxxx PCI Quirks

Added PCI_QUIRKS for laptop that have the 92HDxxx family of codecs.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC927x invalid association value
Matthew Ranostay [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:50:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC927x invalid association value

STAC_DELL_BIOS quirks were setting the association value wrong
for port 0x0f, which prevented it from being included in hp_outs[].

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: fix STAC927x power management
Matthew Ranostay [Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:49:31 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: fix STAC927x power management

Fix issue on STAC927x codecs that first DAC was getting powered down
even if was being used.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: Add support for 12 MHz MCLK in TLV320AIC3X
Jarkko Nikula [Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:13:44 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: Add support for 12 MHz MCLK in TLV320AIC3X

Signed-off-by: Jarkko Nikula <jarkko.nikula@nokia.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add description of aw2 driver
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:13:29 +0000]
[ALSA] Add description of aw2 driver

Added a brief description of aw2 driver to ALSA-Configuration.txt.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] aw2 - Add missing module parameters
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:12:58 +0000]
[ALSA] aw2 - Add missing module parameters

Added the missing declarations for module parameters.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Emagic Audiowerk 2 ALSA driver.
Cedric Bregardis [Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:05:13 +0000]
[ALSA] Emagic Audiowerk 2 ALSA driver.

Signed-off-by: Cedric Bregardis <cedric.bregardis@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Jean-Christian Hassler <jhassler@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Don't create multiple capture streams for single inputs
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:03:57 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Don't create multiple capture streams for single inputs

When the device has only one input source, it makes no sense to have
multiple capture streams.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC268 capture source
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:00:15 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC268 capture source

Initialize the capture source properly for auto model.
It's especially important for cases that only mic is detected.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add beep volume control to ALC268
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:16:41 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add beep volume control to ALC268

Added the beep volume control to ALC268 codec support code.
Since the codec doesn't return the correct AMP caps, we need to override
the value.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC662 recording
Kailang Yang [Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:38:05 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC662 recording

Fixed ALC662 recording issue.

Signed-off-by: Kailang Yang <kailang@realtek.com.tw>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Clean up stream definitions
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:36:35 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Clean up stream definitions

Clean up the code to define playback/capture streams.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ca0106 - Add master volume controls
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:06:49 +0000]
[ALSA] ca0106 - Add master volume controls

Added master volume and switch controls for ca0106 using vmaster.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Keep private TLV entry in vmaster itself
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:05:50 +0000]
[ALSA] Keep private TLV entry in vmaster itself

Use a private array for TLV entries of virtual master controls instead
of (supposed) static array.  This cleans up the existing codes.

Also, now vmaster assumes the simple dB-range TLV that is the only type
it can handle.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Move vmaster code to sound core
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:03:13 +0000]
[ALSA] Move vmaster code to sound core

Move the codes for virtual master controls to sound core part so that
not only hda-intel drivers can use it.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Add support of 8 channel sound
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:23:13 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Add support of 8 channel sound

Added the support of 8 channel sound for codecs that are known to work.
So far, only ALC850 is marked as a 8ch-support codec.

This fix is a modified version of the patch on ALSA BTS#2097 by
Martin Ellis:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2097

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add __devinit macro to at73c213 sound driver probe functions
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:44:56 +0000]
[ALSA] Add __devinit macro to at73c213 sound driver probe functions

This patch adds __devinit to the functions used when probing. Will also reduce
the memory footprint a bit if CONFIG_HOTPLUG is not enabled.

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Davinci ASoC support
Vladimir Barinov [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:40:22 +0000]
[ALSA] Davinci ASoC support

Add ASoC support for the TI Davinci SoC and the Davicni-EVM reference board.
It includes:
- ASoC Davinci DMA driver
- ASoC Davinci I2S (Davinci McBSP module based) driver
- ASoC Davinci-EVM reference board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=mobile for AD1884A & co
Takashi Iwai [Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:44:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=mobile for AD1884A & co

Added the new model mobile for AD1884A and compatible codecs.
It's a reduced version of model=laptop.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of AD1883/1884A/1984A/1984B
Takashi Iwai [Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:43:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of AD1883/1884A/1984A/1984B

Added the support of new AD codecs: AD1883, AD1884A, AD1984A and AD1984B.
These are almost compatible except for additional digital pins, etc.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: WM9713 driver
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:43:11 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: WM9713 driver

This patch adds an ASoC driver for the WM9713 AC97 codec.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix missing capsrc_nids for ALC262
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:27:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix missing capsrc_nids for ALC262

ALC262 must have capsrc_nids defined as well as in ALC882.
Also, add a NULL check in alc882_mux_enum_put to avoid Oops.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Patch to support RV7xx HDMI Audio
Libin Yang [Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:55:13 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Patch to support RV7xx HDMI Audio

This patch is to add R7xx HDMI audio support.

Signed-off-by: Libin Yang <Libin.yang@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix breakage of resume in auto-config of realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:19:35 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix breakage of resume in auto-config of realtek codecs

The last patch for fixing the auto-config pin setting breaks the resume
due to a wrong use of snd_hda_codec_amp_stereo().  The code in the init
hook shouldn't touch the amp cache.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more names to vendor list
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:59:29 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more names to vendor list

Added more known names to the vendor id list.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add "IEC958 Default PCM" switch
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:37:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add "IEC958 Default PCM" switch

Added a new mixer switch to enable/disable the sharing of the default
PCM stream with analog and SPDIF outputs.  When "IEC958 Default PCM"
switch is on, the PCM stream is routed both to analog and SPDIF outputs.
This is the behavior in the earlier version.

Turning this switch off has a merit for some codecs, though.  Some codec
chips don't support 24bit formats for SPDIF but only for analog outputs.
In this case, you can use 24bit format by disabling this switch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix auto-configuration of Realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:32:23 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix auto-configuration of Realtek codecs

This patch fixes some bugs in the auto-configurator of Realtek codecs:
- add missing pin set-up for speaker pins
- fix the speaker auto-mute function not to conflict with the existing
  "Speaker" mixer switch

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - More fix-up for auto-configuration
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:30:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - More fix-up for auto-configuration

In some cases, the BIOS sets up only the HP pins with different assoc
and sequence numbers, e.g. on FSC Esprimo with ALC262.

This patch adds a fix-up for such a case.  When multiple HPs are defined
and no line-outs is found, the configurator tries to re-assign some pins
from HP list to line-out, judging from the sequence number.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Implement auto-mic jack sensing on Samsung laptops
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:11:36 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Implement auto-mic jack sensing on Samsung laptops

Implemented the auto-mic jack sensing for Samsung laptops with AD1986A
codec chip (model=laptop-eapd).

The hardware uses pin 0x1d and 0x1f for the internal and external
mics, respectively.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Clean up capture source selection of Realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:32:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Clean up capture source selection of Realtek codecs

Clean up the codes of the capture source selection for Realtek codecs.
Now using common helper functions with the new capsrc_nids field.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix automute of AD1981HD hp model
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:54:34 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix automute of AD1981HD hp model

Reprogram the speaker-pin setting at each HP pin plug to make sure
the spekaer auto-muting on AD1981HD hp model.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC880 F1734 model
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:52:36 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC880 F1734 model

Fixed some issues with ALC880 F1734 model
 - fix capture via mic
 - enable volume-wheel control

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] AK4114 - listing regs in proc
Pavel Hofman [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:48:06 +0000]
[ALSA] AK4114 - listing regs in proc

A simple patch for listing AK4114 regs in proc.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Hofman <dustin@seznam.cz>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - remove duplicate controls in alc268 test mixer
Jonathan Woithe [Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:44:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - remove duplicate controls in alc268 test mixer

I've just noticed that there are a handful of duplicate controls in the
ALC268 test model mixer.  This patch (against alsa-driver 1.0.16) removes
them.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Correct HDMI transmitter names
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:12:01 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Correct HDMI transmitter names

Give better names to the new HDMI transmitter chips.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a compile error with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG_DETECT=y
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:06:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a compile error with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG_DETECT=y

Forgot to get rid of the obsolete fragsize field from a debug print.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - added support for M-Audio Delta 66E
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:04:49 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - added support for M-Audio Delta 66E

See ALSA bug#3327 for more details. Experimental.
Also fix support for M-Audio Delta 1010E - subdevice check.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Added support for Delta1010E (newer revisions of Delta1010)
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:48:06 +0000]
[ALSA] Added support for Delta1010E (newer revisions of Delta1010)

For more details, see ALSA bug#3327 .

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Support 64bit buffer allocation
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:05:57 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Support 64bit buffer allocation

The HD-audio hardware usually supports 64bit address for DMA and other
buffers.  The patch enables the feature if supported.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Use SG buffer
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:50:19 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Use SG buffer

Use SG buffers for the HD-audio instead of linear buffers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC927x power down inactive DACs
Matthew Ranostay [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:49:44 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC927x power down inactive DACs

On several laptops that have STAC9228 codecs have unused DACs,
this powers them down to a D3 state.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix hoontech MIDI input
Alan Horstmann [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:43:54 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix hoontech MIDI input

Fixes the problems with Midi In on Hoontech/STA dsp24 cards, for example with
DSP2000 box, without restricting the box configurations available.  Also adds
mpu_401 name strings.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:41:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip

Added the ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip on Jetway J9F2.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix PCM device number assignment
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:03:20 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix PCM device number assignment

In the current scheme, PCM device numbers are assigned incrementally
in the order of codecs.  This causes problems when the codec number
is irregular, e.g. codec #0 for HDMI and codec #1 for analog.  Then
the HDMI becomes the first PCM, which is picked up as the default
output device.  Unfortuantely this doesn't work well with normal
setups.

This patch introduced the fixed device numbers for the PCM types,
namely, analog, SPDIF, HDMI and modem.  The PCM devices are assigned
according to the corresponding PCM type.  After this patch, HDMI will
be always assigned to PCM #3, SPDIF to PCM #1, and the first analog
to PCM #0, etc.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer map
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:44:11 +0000]
[ALSA] Add more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer map

Added more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer mapping.  This corresponds
to the speaker output in general, so now "Mono" and "Speaker" are
assigned.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Add ADC setup in set_rate callback for Audiophile192
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:36:32 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Add ADC setup in set_rate callback for Audiophile192

Added the missing GPIO setup for the AK5385A ADC codec on Audiophile192.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Enable AK4114 support for Audiophile192
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:34:59 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Enable AK4114 support for Audiophile192

Fixed and enabled the support of AK4114 chip on Audiophile192.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of Zepto laptops
Mirco Tischler [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:33:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of Zepto laptops

Adds support for zepto laptops with alc268 intel_hda codec.

Signed-off-by: Mirco Tischler <mt-ml@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add SI HDMI codec support
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:32:20 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add SI HDMI codec support

Added the support of SI HDMI codec, found in ASUS machines.
ALSA bug#3654
        https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3654

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Allow multiple SPDIF devices
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:31:13 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Allow multiple SPDIF devices

The current code doesn't allow multiple SPDIF devices, and causes
errors when multiple SPDIF devices are found (e.g. SPDIF out and HDMI).
This patch allows multiple SPDIF devices by incrementing the index
automatically.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA - Add support for the OQO Model 2
Tobin Davis [Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:31:47 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA - Add support for the OQO Model 2

This patch adds support for the OQO Model 2 Ultra Mobile PC.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add SUPERH depends to sound/soc/sh/Kconfig
Kristoffer Ericson [Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:16:10 +0000]
[ALSA] Add SUPERH depends to sound/soc/sh/Kconfig

Currently you will see an empty "SoC Audio support for SuperH" menu
when building for other archs (example pxa).
This patch adds "depends on SUPERH" to remove that empty menu.

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] soc - Mono voice playback volume for WM8753
Mike Montour [Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:12:12 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - Mono voice playback volume for WM8753

Voice playback volume is in register bits 0:2, not 4:6.

From: Mike Montour <mail@mmontour.net>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: Werner Almesberger <werner@openmoko.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years agoslab_err: Pass parameters correctly to slab_bug
Christoph Lameter [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:28:01 +0000]
slab_err: Pass parameters correctly to slab_bug

Signed-off-by: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:24:19 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6:
  [patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id
  [patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo
  [patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root
  [patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID
  [patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID
  [patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()
  [patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()
  [PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:23:45 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6:
  iwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore
  net: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}
  rt2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.
  iwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.
  leds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM
  [IPSEC]: Fix catch-22 with algorithm IDs above 31
  time: Export set_normalized_timespec.
  tcp: Make use of before macro in tcp_input.c
  hamradio: Remove unneeded and deprecated cli()/sti() calls in dmascc.c
  [NETNS]: Remove empty ->init callback.
  [DCCP]: Convert do_gettimeofday() to getnstimeofday().
  [NETNS]: Don't initialize err variable twice.
  [NETNS]: The ip6_fib_timer can work with garbage on net namespace stop.
  [IPV4]: Convert do_gettimeofday() to getnstimeofday().
  [IPV4]: Make icmp_sk_init() static.
  [IPV6]: Make struct ip6_prohibit_entry_template static.
  tcp: Trivial fix to correct function name in a comment in net/ipv4/tcp.c
  [NET]: Expose netdevice dev_id through sysfs
  skbuff: fix missing kernel-doc notation
  [ROSE]: Fix soft lockup wrt. rose_node_list_lock

11 years agopnpacpi: fix potential corruption on "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resourc...
Len Brown [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:09:13 +0000]
pnpacpi: fix potential corruption on "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resources 2"

PNP_MAX_IRQ is 2
If a device invokes pnpacpi_parse_allocated_irqresource() 0, 1, or 2 times, we are happy.
The 3rd time, we will fail and print "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resources: 2"
The 4th and subsequent calls (if this ever happened) would silently scribble on
irq_resource[2], which doesn't actualy exist.

Found-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoiwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore
Tomas Winkler [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:48:57 +0000]
iwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore

This patch fixes problem in Makefile that prevented
built-in compilation of iwlcore

Commit that caused this problem: eadd3c4b ("iwlwifi: make Makefile
more concise")

Signed-off-by: Tomas Winkler <tomas.winkler@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Yi Zhu <yi.zhu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agonet: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}
Adrian Bunk [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:37:49 +0000]
net: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}

After the removal of the Solaris binary emulation the exports of
move_addr_to_{kernel,user} are no longer used.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agort2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:34:50 +0000]
rt2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoiwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:34:31 +0000]
iwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoleds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:33:32 +0000]
leds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM

The LEDS infrastructure itself does not require anything
that a platform dependant upon HAS_IOMEM.

The individual drivers do, but they are properly guarded
with the necessary platform dependencies.

One can even imagine a hypervisor based LED driver that
a platform without HAS_IOMEM might have.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:26 +0000]
[patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id

Show peer group ID of nearest dominating group that has intersection
with the mount's namespace.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo
Ram Pai [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:25 +0000]
[patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo

[mszeredi@suse.cz] rewrite and split big patch into managable chunks

/proc/mounts in its current form lacks important information:

 - propagation state
 - root of mount for bind mounts
 - the st_dev value used within the filesystem
 - identifier for each mount and it's parent

It also suffers from the following problems:

 - not easily extendable
 - ambiguity of mountpoints within a chrooted environment
 - doesn't distinguish between filesystem dependent and independent options
 - doesn't distinguish between per mount and per super block options

This patch introduces /proc/<pid>/mountinfo which attempts to address
all these deficiencies.

Code shared between /proc/<pid>/mounts and /proc/<pid>/mountinfo is
extracted into separate functions.

Thanks to Al Viro for the help in getting the design right.

Signed-off-by: Ram Pai <linuxram@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:24 +0000]
[patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root

Allow /proc/<pid>/mountinfo to use the root of <pid> to calculate
mountpoints.

 - move definition of 'struct proc_mounts' to <linux/mnt_namespace.h>
 - add the process's namespace and root to this structure
 - pass a pointer to 'struct proc_mounts' into seq_operations

In addition the following cleanups are made:

 - use a common open function for /proc/<pid>/{mounts,mountstat}
 - surround namespace.c part of these proc files with #ifdef CONFIG_PROC_FS
 - make the seq_operations structures const

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:23 +0000]
[patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID

Add a unique ID to each peer group using the IDR infrastructure.  The
identifiers are reused after the peer group dissolves.

The IDR structures are protected by holding namepspace_sem for write
while allocating or deallocating IDs.

IDs are allocated when a previously unshared vfsmount becomes the
first member of a peer group.  When a new member is added to an
existing group, the ID is copied from one of the old members.

IDs are freed when the last member of a peer group is unshared.

Setting the MNT_SHARED flag on members of a subtree is done as a
separate step, after all the IDs have been allocated.  This way an
allocation failure can be cleaned up easilty, without affecting the
propagation state.

Based on design sketch by Al Viro.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:11:34 +0000]
[patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID

Add a unique ID to each vfsmount using the IDR infrastructure.  The
identifiers are reused after the vfsmount is freed.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:21 +0000]
[patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()

Add a new function:

  seq_file_root()

This is similar to seq_path(), but calculates the path relative to the
given root, instead of current->fs->root.  If the path was unreachable
from root, then modify the root parameter to reflect this.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()
Ram Pai [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:20 +0000]
[patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()

[mszeredi@suse.cz] split big patch into managable chunks

Add the following functions:

  dentry_path()
  seq_dentry()

These are similar to d_path() and seq_path().  But instead of
calculating the path within a mount namespace, they calculate the path
from the root of the filesystem to a given dentry, ignoring mounts
completely.

Signed-off-by: Ram Pai <linuxram@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)
Al Viro [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:04:04 +0000]
[PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:27:56 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6:
  [PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()
  [PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix
  [PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()
  [PATCH] teach seq_file to discard entries
  [PATCH] umount_tree() will unhash everything itself
  [PATCH] get rid of more nameidata passing in namespace.c
  [PATCH] switch a bunch of LSM hooks from nameidata to path
  [PATCH] lock exclusively in collect_mounts() and drop_collected_mounts()
  [PATCH] move a bunch of declarations to fs/internal.h

11 years agoFix cardbus resource allocation
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:16:30 +0000]
Fix cardbus resource allocation

Commit 884525655d07fdee9245716b998ecdc45cdd8007 ("PCI: clean up resource
alignment management") didn't set the alignment information for the
cardbus window resources, causing their subsequent allocations to fail
miserably with a message like

  yenta_cardbus 0000:15:00.0: device not available because of BAR 7 [100:1ff] collisions
  yenta_cardbus: probe of 0000:15:00.0 failed with error -16

or similar.

This fixes it and clarifies the code a bit too (we used to have to use
the insane PCI bridge alignment logic that put the alignment in the
"start" field, this makes it use the slightly easier-to-understand
size-based alignment, and allows us to set the resource start to zero
until it gets allocated).

Reported-and-tested-by: Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux@gmail.com>
Cc: Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru>
Cc: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agobus_remove_device: be more careful about incomplete initialization
Rafael J. Wysocki [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:57:50 +0000]
bus_remove_device: be more careful about incomplete initialization

Prevent bus_remove_device() from crashing if dev->knode_bus has not been
initialized before it's called.

This can happen if the device_add() ended up breaking out early due to
an error, for example.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoRelax check on adding children of suspended devices
Rafael J. Wysocki [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:48:23 +0000]
Relax check on adding children of suspended devices

Do not refuse to actually register children of suspended devices,
but still warn about attempts to do that.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years ago[PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:35:42 +0000]
[PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()

The only reason to have separated __...() for those was to keep them inlined
for local users in exit.c.  Since Alexey removed the inline on those, there's
no reason whatsoever to keep them around; just collapse with normal variants.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 05:32:44 +0000]
[PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix

Since we drop the rcu_read_lock inside the loop, we can't assume
that files->fdt will remain unchanged (and not freed) between
iterations.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:51:27 +0000]
[PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()

Duh...  Fortunately, the bug is quite recent (post-2.6.25) and, embarrassingly,
mine ;-/

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:47:54 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl
  [IA64] run rest drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
  [IA64] run some drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
  [IA64] move XP and XPC to drivers/misc/sgi-xp
  [IA64] minor irq handler cleanups
  [IA64] simplify notify hooks in mca.c
  [IA64] do notify DIE_MCA_MONARCH_PROCESS for each monarchs
  [IA64] disable interrupts on exit of ia64_trace_syscall

11 years agofs: use loff_t type instead of long long
David Sterba [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:09:22 +0000]
fs: use loff_t type instead of long long

Use offset type consistently.

Signed-off-by: David Sterba <dsterba@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:15:48 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6:
  SELinux fixups needed for preemptable RCU from -rt
  SELinux: no BUG_ON(!ss_initialized) in selinux_clone_mnt_opts

11 years ago[IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl
Dean Nelson [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:50:17 +0000]
[IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl

Addressed issues raised by scripts/checkpatch.pl. Removed unnecessary curly
braces. Eliminated uses of volatiles and use of kernel_thread() and daemonize().

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>