14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: remove references to pcmcia/version.h
Dominik Brodowski [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:05 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: remove references to pcmcia/version.h

As a follow-up, remove the inclusion of pcmcia/version.h in many files.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client services version (fix)
Pavel Roskin [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:04 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client services version (fix)

One correction is needed.  Changes are not needed for
drivers/scsi/pcmcia/nsp_cs.c because it uses versioning in the
compatibility part, which is never used in 2.6 kernels.  The only right
thing we could to that compatibility code would be to remove it throughout
the file, but that would be a separate patch.

Cc: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client services version
Pavel Roskin [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:03 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client services version

The Linux PCMCIA code has some data that was apparently used (or meant to be
used) to ensure that only proper client drivers are loaded.  This is now
ensured (to a certain degree) by the fact that the most client drivers are
part of the kernel.  Also, the version information has not been updated
despite major changes in PCMCIA API.  This has made it meaningless.

This patch removes servinfo_t and pcmcia_get_card_services_info.  They are not
used in any userspace utilities such as pcmcia-cs and pcmciautils.
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_ioctl.c is adjusted accordingly.

CS_RELEASE and CS_RELEASE_CODE are removed.  include/pcmcia/version.h is empty
now.  It will be removed later, but for now it's left in the tree to avoid
touching all PCMCIA clients.

The only driver that needs to be changed is drivers/scsi/pcmcia/nsp_cs.c,
which uses CS_RELEASE_CODE.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Roskin <proski@gnu.org>
Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: reduce client_handle_t usage
Dominik Brodowski [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:02 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: reduce client_handle_t usage

Reduce the occurences of "client_handle_t" which is nothing else than a
pointer to struct pcmcia_device by now.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client_t usage
Dominik Brodowski [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:01 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: remove client_t usage

Reduce the occurences of "client_handle_t" which is nothing else than a
pointer to struct pcmcia_device by now.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: move event handler
Dominik Brodowski [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:59:00 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: move event handler

Move the "event handler" to struct pcmcia_driver -- the unified event handler
will disappear really soon, but switching it to struct pcmcia_driver in the
meantime allows for better "step-by-step" patches.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: deprecate ioctl
Dominik Brodowski [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:58 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: deprecate ioctl

Schedule removal of the PCMCIA ioctl (and thus kernel support for the
pcmcia-cs userspace package) for November 2005.

A big "thank you" to Dave Hinds for his great work on supporting PCMCIA in
Linux.  Things are just done differently by now, so the ongoing work to make
PCMCIA behave like any other hotpluggable bus should continue.

Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] pcmcia: fix i82365 request_region double usage
Ian Campbell [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:52 +0000]
[PATCH] pcmcia: fix i82365 request_region double usage

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f354942cb301fed273f423fb5c4f57bde3efc5b2
converted the check_region() calls in drivers/pcmcia/i82365.c into
request_regions.  Unfortunately this seems to have broken things.

isa_probe() used to call check_region() and then call add_pcic() which would
request_region().

Now isa_probe() calls request_region() and then calls add_pcic() which calls
request_region() again, this fails and add_pcic() returns immediately without
doing all the setup etc.

On the face of it the patch below fixes the problem, by not doing the second
request region in add_pcic().  I think this is preferable to remove the call
in isa_probe() since identify() touches the I/O regions and is called before
add_pcic().

However I haven't fully grokked the meaning of the code which follows the
request_region() in isa_probe(), so I'm not sure that the handling WRT
multiple sockets and multiple bridge chips is correct.  In particular I'm not
convinced that the regions for subsequent sockets and/or bridges will be
requested at all.  I suspect a more thorough reworking by someone who
understands what is going on there might be in order.

I should mention that I'm actually messing about with this on an ARM platform
with wacky memory and i/o mapping offsets etc, it doesn't quite work yet for
other reasons which preclude full testing etc, but I think the problem above
is still present for more normal x86 stuff.

Signed-off-by: Ian Campbell <icampbell@arcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Dominik Brodowski <linux@dominikbrodowski.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: LGDT3302 read status fix
Michael Krufky [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:43 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: LGDT3302 read status fix

- Fix bug in lgdt3302_read_status to return correct
  FE_HAS_SIGNAL and FS_HAS_CARRIER status.
- Removed #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE > KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,10).

Signed-off-by: Mac Michaels <wmichaels1@earthlink.net>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: add DVB support for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-T
Michael Krufky [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:42 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: add DVB support for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-T

- Correct sync byte for MPEG-2 transport stream packets.
- Add lgdt3302 as dependency of cx88-dvb in Kconfig.
- Add dvb support in v4l for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-T using lgdt3302 frontend.
  This adds support for a different board from the previous (Gold-Q) patch.

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@brturbo.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: add TerraTec Cinergy 1400 DVB-T
Michael Krufky [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:40 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: add TerraTec Cinergy 1400 DVB-T

Add support for TerraTec Cinergy 1400 DVB-T.

Signed-off-by: Uli Luckas <luckas@musoft.de>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: add DVB support for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q
Michael Krufky [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:39 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: add DVB support for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q

Add dvb support in v4l for DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q using lgdt3302 frontend.

Signed-off-by: Mac Michaels <wmichaels1@earthlink.net>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: cx88 hue offset fix
Michael Krufky [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:38 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: cx88 hue offset fix

Changed hue offset to 128 to correct behavior in cx88 cards.  Previously,
setting 0% or 100% hue was required to avoid blue/green people on screen.
Now, 50% Hue means no offset, just like bt878 stuff.

Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@brturbo.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] v4l: cx88 update
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:36 +0000]
[PATCH] v4l: cx88 update

- Add support for ADS Tech Instant TV DVB-T PCI.
- Remove obsoleted config options.
- Fix DViCO Board names
- Remove CABLE type setting from DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-T.
- Fix compilation with gcc4.0.
- V4L2_TUNER_CAP_LOW implemented according with V4L2 API for Radio.
- radio range is now defined on tuner-core.c. Cleaning up.
- Fix a bug on frequency report for cx88 based cards.
- Added support for changing radio mode stereo/mono.
- Add remove for MSI TV@nywhere.

Signed-off-by: Jorik Jonker <jorik@dnd.utwente.nl>.
Signed-off-by: Didier Caillaud <mailing.cld@free.fr>
Signed-off-by: Benoit Laniel <benoit.laniel@gmail.com>.
Signed-off-by: Nickolay V Shmyrev <nshmyrev@yandex.ru>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@brturbo.com.br>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] fix for Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt?=
Uwe Bugla [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:35 +0000]
[PATCH] fix for Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt?=

*   /usr/src/linux-2.6.12/Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt

  almost completely remade the text file with the following focuses:
  useful infos for beginners: how to load modules manually and
  automatically developers infos are reduced to a minimum as module loading
  works automatic in kernel >= 2.6.12 by loading modules bttv and dvb-bt8xx
  I completely erased the out of date TwinHan part dealing with additional
  parameters, debug parameters, and overriding autodetection Further up to
  date information about TwinHan + clones can be found in
  /Documentation/dvb/ci.txt

Signed-off-by: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: README update
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:34 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: README update

Updated the readme file to point to the DVB USB wikipage to find out which
firmware necessary, + minor updates.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: add supprt for WideView WT-220U
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:33 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: add supprt for WideView WT-220U

Add support and rewrote some parts with the help of vendor information
(Thanks to Steve Chang from WideView, Inc.):

o added support for the WT-220U (Pensize DVB-T receiver)
o corrected byte order for unc,ber and the pid filter
o corrected number of pids that can be fetched at the same time.
o added some comments in Kconfig-file
o added USB IDs for the WT-220U

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: dst: fix tuning problem
Steffen Motzer [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:31 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: dst: fix tuning problem

Fix tuning failure for 200103A, 200103A failed to tune to low band due to
wrong tone setting on the 200103A.

Signed-off-by: Steffen Motzer <motzersn@tlink.de>
Signed-off-by: Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb/pci: correct syntax of driver name fields
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:30 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb/pci: correct syntax of driver name fields

Change the name-field of the pci_driver and usb_driver structs to the name of
the module after compilation.  It seems that this field is used in some places
where special characters are not allowed.  Thanks to Alan Halverson for
finding this problem.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add driver for LGDT3302
Mac Michaels [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:29 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add driver for LGDT3302

Add support for LGDT3302 (ATSC VSB/QAM) used in DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold.

Signed-off-by: Mac Michaels <wmichaels1@earthlink.net>
Signed-off-by: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix timeout handling to be save with PREEMPT
Oliver Endriss [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:28 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix timeout handling to be save with PREEMPT

Timeout handling fixed, especially for preemtible kernels and/or high system
load.

Signed-off-by: Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: dont use HZ for timeouts
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:27 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: dont use HZ for timeouts

Don't use HZ for usb-transfer-timeouts.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: A800 rc and timeout fixes
Andrew Hodgson [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:26 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: A800 rc and timeout fixes

o add some remote control codes
o not using HZ for control_msg-timeout

Signed-off-by: Andrew Hodgson <a.s.hodgson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: IR input fixes
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:24 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: IR input fixes

o fixed usage of the correct number of events in keymapping-array
o better place for return

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: vp7045 IR map fix
Michael Paxton [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:24 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: vp7045 IR map fix

Correct two keys of the vp7045 remote control key mapping.

Signed-off-by: Michael Paxton <packo@tpg.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: fix WideView USB ids
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:23 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: fix WideView USB ids

o Steve Chang reported the real name behind 0x14aa: WideView,
  changed USB IDs accordingly.
o fixed an assignment

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: add vp7045 IR keymap
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:21 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: add vp7045 IR keymap

Add keymap for Twinhan vp7045 remote control.

Signed-off-by: Michael Paxton <packo@tpg.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb Kconfig help text update
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:20 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb Kconfig help text update

o corrected some typos
o added the Wikilink pointing to the USB device list

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb doc update
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:17 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb doc update

o removed device listing (they are all in the linuxtv wiki now)
o misc updates

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: digitv memcpy fix
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:17 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: digitv memcpy fix

Fix memcpy copying into the wrong destination.  Thanks to Allan Third for
reporting.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: add VideoWalker DVB-T USB ids
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:16 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: add VideoWalker DVB-T USB ids

Add another USB ID pair for the VideoWalker USB DVB-T.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: cxusb DVB-T fixes
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:15 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: cxusb DVB-T fixes

cxusb DVB-T fixes.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: dvb_usb_properties init fix
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:14 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: dvb_usb_properties init fix

There was no pid-filter-count set for some devices - led to an error.  Thanks
to Gerolf Wendland.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: digitv-usb fixes
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:13 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: digitv-usb fixes

Some more work on the digitv-usb driver:
o MT352 initialization and PLL-programming
o I2c-transfer fixed.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add ALPS TDED4 PLL
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:12 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add ALPS TDED4 PLL

Add dvb_pll_desc for ALPS TDED4 used in Nebula USB boxes.  Changed the
name-field of the FMD1216.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: add module parm to disable remote control polling
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:11 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: add module parm to disable remote control polling

Add module parameter to deactive remote control polling.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: support Medion hybrid USB2.0 DVB-T/analogue box
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:10 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: support Medion hybrid USB2.0 DVB-T/analogue box

Add preliminary support for the Medion Hybrid USB2.0 DVB-T/Analogue box.
Analogue part is not working yet (cx25842 --> ivtv?).

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add FMD1216ME PLL
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:09 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: add FMD1216ME PLL

o change dvb-pll desc to take the frequency as parameter for setbw-callback
  into consideration
o added dvb-pll desc for Philips FMD1216ME (needed for cxusb)

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: add isochronous streaming method
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:08 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: add isochronous streaming method

Added isochronous-streaming method.  Changed memory (de)allocation behaviour
accordingly.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: usb: fix ADSTech Instant TV DVB-T USB2.0 support
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:07 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: usb: fix ADSTech Instant TV DVB-T USB2.0 support

Fixed support for the ADSTech Instant TV DVB-T USB (2.0 version).  Thanks to
Gerolf Wendland for his support.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: dvb-usb: support Artect T1 with broken USB ids
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:06 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: dvb-usb: support Artect T1 with broken USB ids

Add #define for device with broken USB ids.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: add support for Hauppauge/TT DVB-C budget
Gavin Hamill [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:04 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: add support for Hauppauge/TT DVB-C budget

Add support for Hauppauge/TT DVB-C budget.

Signed-off-by: Gavin Hamill <gdh@acentral.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: kj printk fix
Christophe Lucas [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:03 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: kj printk fix

printk() calls should include appropriate KERN_* constant.

Signed-off-by: Christophe Lucas <clucas@rotomalug.org>
Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen@coderock.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: make av7110_fe_lock_fix() retryable
Oliver Endriss [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:02 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: make av7110_fe_lock_fix() retryable

av7110_fe_lock_fix() modified in a way that it can be retried after
-ERESTARTSYS

Signed-off-by: Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: cleanup indentation + whitespace
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:01 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: cleanup indentation + whitespace

Fix indentation and add some whitepsace between operators.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: error handling fix
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:58:00 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: error handling fix

Change error handling in av7110_stop_feed() to stop as many filters as
possible in case of errors.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: more error handling for firmware communication
Wolfgang Rohdewald [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:59 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: more error handling for firmware communication

o propagate more errors back to caller or log them, mainly in
  av7110.c and av7110_av.c
o fix error message in StartHWFilter
o do not StopHWFilter for handle 0xffff

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang@rohdewald.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: budget-av / tu1216 fix for QAM128
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:58 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: budget-av / tu1216 fix for QAM128

Fix for QAM128 in VHF band suggested by Timo Helkiƶ.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix AUDUIO_CONTINUE ioctl
Dr. Werner Fink [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:57 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix AUDUIO_CONTINUE ioctl

Fixed typo in AUDUIO_CONTINUE ioctl:  AUDIO_CMD_MUTE -> AUDIO_CMD_UNMUTE

Signed-off-by: "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix bug in timeout handling
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:56 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix bug in timeout handling

Fix bug in timeout handling.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix error handling for firmware communication
Wolfgang Rohdewald [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:55 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: fix error handling for firmware communication

o make sure ERESTARTSYS will be propagated
o ReleaseBitmap: starting with Firmware 261e, also release when
  BMP_LOADING
o removes unused #define BMP_LOADINGS
o in many cases changed the return value from -1 to something more
  meaningful like ETIMEDOUT, EINVAL
o changed syslog message timeout waiting for COMMAND such that it
  indicates what command did not complete
o reduce # of arguments for LoadBitmap and BlitBitmap
o av7110_osd_cmd: remove the out: label

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang@rohdewald.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: support for new TT DVB-T-CI
Andrew de Quincey [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:54 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: support for new TT DVB-T-CI

Support for new TT DVB-T-CI, thanks to Andre Weidemann

Signed-off-by: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: add support for Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB-S SE
Andrew de Quincey [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:53 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttpci: add support for Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB-S SE

Add support for s5h1420 frontend (new Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB-S SE).

Signed-off-by: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: ttusb-dec: kfree cleanup
Adrian Bunk [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:52 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: ttusb-dec: kfree cleanup

The Coverity checker discovered that these two kfree's can never be executed.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: Twinhan DST: frontend polarization fix
Allan Stirling [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:51 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: Twinhan DST: frontend polarization fix

Fix a bug that caused the polarization (V/H) to be interchanged.

Signed-off-by: Allan Stirling <Dibblahdvb0042@pendor.org>
Signed-off-by: Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: Twinhan DST: frontend fixes
Manu Abraham [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:50 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: Twinhan DST: frontend fixes

o Make the inversion setting specific, ie, only for the 200103A DVB-S
  This should not be flagged on other cards.
o Make the frequency setting card specific
o Make the bandwidth setting generic such that it supports more DVB-T cards
o Set QAM size for DVB-C cards that do not autodetect QAM size
o Fix a bug that caused the polarization not to be set.
  Set polarization for cards that do not autodetect polarization
o Fix a bogus frontend signal lock, that caused a tuning delay as well.
o Make the Symbolrate setting card specific

Signed-off-by: Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: flexcop: woraround irq stop problem
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:49 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: flexcop: woraround irq stop problem

The flexcop chip often stops generating interrupts after some hours of
operation.  Apparently this can be fixed by resetting register block 0x300 at
each channel change (this is not detailed in the flexcop data books).

This patch also restructures DMA handling and adds a bit of debug code for the
irq problem in case it still happens for someone.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: flexcop: add big endian register definitions
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:48 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: flexcop: add big endian register definitions

Add big-endian register definitions for running on a PowerPC.
(Thanks to Paavo Hartikainen for testing.)

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: saa7146: kj pci_module_init cleanup
Christophe Lucas [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:47 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: saa7146: kj pci_module_init cleanup

http://kerneljanitors.org/TODO
- convert from pci_module_init to pci_register_driver

Signed-off-by: Christophe Lucas <c.lucas@ifrance.com>
Signed-off-by: Domen Puncer <domen@coderock.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: add Pluto2 driver
Andreas Oberritter [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:46 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: add Pluto2 driver

Add driver for the Satelco Easywatch Mobile DVB-T card (based on Pluto2 chip).

Signed-off-by: Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: DVB update
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:45 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: DVB update

Increase some timeouts by a factor of 10 as suggested by Mikko Hamalainen and
Timo Ketolainen, to improve tuning for QAM128 / weak signal.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: l64781: improve tuning
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:45 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: l64781: improve tuning

Disable zig-zag and set min_delay_ms = 4000 as suggested by Allan Guild to
improve tuning with weak signal.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: cx22702: support for cxusb
Patrick Boettcher [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:44 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: cx22702: support for cxusb

Add .get_tune_settings callback (min_delay_ms = 1sec) and output_mode-field
(parallel/serial) to support cxusb; minor cleanups.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: tda1004x: support tda827x tuners
Hartmut Hackmann [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:43 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: tda1004x: support tda827x tuners

o added preliminary support for tda827x tuners
o set parameters for drift compensation to 0
  makes no sense for DVB-T but can prevent lock

Signed-off-by: Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann@t-online.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: add missing release_firmware() calls
Anssi Hannula [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:42 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: add missing release_firmware() calls

Add missing release_firmware() calls to fix memory leaks.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: bcm3510: fix firmware version check
Hartmut Hackmann [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:42 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: bcm3510: fix firmware version check

Fix limit for firmware version check was too low for tda10045.

Signed-off-by: Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann@t-online.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: tda1004x update
Hartmut Hackmann [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:40 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: tda1004x update

o added config options for IF frequency and AGC
o support DSP boot from on board eeprom
o added pll sleep call

Signed-off-by: Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann@t-online.de>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: frontend: remove unused I2C ids
Andrew de Quincey [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:40 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: frontend: remove unused I2C ids

Remove I2C_DRIVERID_DVBFE_ cruft.

Signed-off-by: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: core: dmxdev cleanups
Peter Beutner [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:39 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: core: dmxdev cleanups

- remove void casts
- not necessary to set filter state twice to STATE_FREE during
  dvb_dmxdev_init()

Signed-off-by: Peter Beutner <p.beutner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: core: demux error handling fix
Peter Beutner [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:38 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: core: demux error handling fix

In dvb_dmxdev_filter_start if we go out because of an error, release
previously allocated demux_feed.

Signed-off-by: Peter Beutner <p.beutner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: core: add workaround for tuning problem
Andrew de Quincey [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:37 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: core: add workaround for tuning problem

Add workaround for signal lock loss issue, where the frontend loses the signal
after some hours without any visible reason.

Signed-off-by: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: core: fix race condition in FE_READ_STATUS ioctl
Peter Beutner [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:36 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: core: fix race condition in FE_READ_STATUS ioctl

Fix a race condition where an application which issued a FE_READ_STATUS ioctl
directly after FE_SET_FRONTEND would see an old status, i.e.  FE_READ_STATUS
would be executed before the frontend thread has even seen the tungin request
from FE_SET_FRONTEND.

Signed-off-by: Peter Beutner <p.beutner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: remove obsolete skystar2 driver
Johannes Stezenbach [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:35 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: remove obsolete skystar2 driver

Remove the skystar2 driver which has been obsoleted by the generalized
flexcop-pci driver.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dvb: cinergyT2: endianness fix for raw remote-control keys
Martin Loschwitz [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:31 +0000]
[PATCH] dvb: cinergyT2: endianness fix for raw remote-control keys

Fixed litte/big-endian conversion for raw remote-control keys.

Signed-off-by: Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@madkiss.org>
Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <pb@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Stezenbach <js@linuxtv.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace: rename _mntput to mntput_no_expire
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:30 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace: rename _mntput to mntput_no_expire

This patch renames _mntput() to something a little more descriptive:
mntput_no_expire().

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace: rename mnt_fslink to mnt_expire
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:30 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace: rename mnt_fslink to mnt_expire

This patch renames vfsmount->mnt_fslink to something a little more
descriptive: vfsmount->mnt_expire.

Signed-off-by: Mike Waychison <michael.waychison@sun.com>
Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] dcookies.c: use proper refcounting functions
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:29 +0000]
[PATCH] dcookies.c: use proper refcounting functions

Dcookies shouldn't play with the internals of dentry and vfsmnt
refcounting.  It defeats grepping, and is prone to break if implementation
details change.

In addition the function doesn't even seem to be performance critical: it
calls kmem_cache_alloc().

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] set mnt_namespace in the correct place
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:28 +0000]
[PATCH] set mnt_namespace in the correct place

This patch sets ->mnt_namespace where it's actually added to the
namespace.

Previously mnt_namespace was set in do_kern_mount() even if the filesystem
was never added to any process's namespace (most kernel-internal
filesystems).

This discrepancy doesn't actually cause any problems, but it's cleaner if
mnt_namespace is NULL for these non exported filesystems.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: fix mnt_namespace zeroing for expired mounts
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:27 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: fix mnt_namespace zeroing for expired mounts

This patch clears mnt_namespace in an expired mount.

If mnt_namespace is not cleared, it's possible to attach a new mount to the
already detached mount, because check_mnt() can return true.

The effect is a resource leak, since the resulting tree will never be
freed.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: fix expiring of detached mount
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:26 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: fix expiring of detached mount

This patch fixes a bug noticed by Al Viro:

   However, we still have a problem here - just what would
   happen if vfsmount is detached while we were grabbing namespace
   semaphore?  Refcount alone is not useful here - we might be held by
   whoever had detached the vfsmount.  IOW, we should check that it's
   still attached (i.e. that mnt->mnt_parent != mnt).  If it's not -
   just leave it alone, do mntput() and let whoever holds it deal with
   the sucker.  No need to put it back on lists.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Cc: <viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: split mark_mounts_for_expiry()
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:25 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: split mark_mounts_for_expiry()

This patch splits the mark_mounts_for_expiry() function.  It's too complex and
too deeply nested, even without the bugfix in the following patch.

Otherwise code is completely the same.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Cc: <viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: cleanup in mark_mounts_for_expiry()
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:24 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: cleanup in mark_mounts_for_expiry()

This patch simplifies mark_mounts_for_expiry() by using detach_mnt() instead
of duplicating everything it does.

It should be an equivalent transformation except for righting the dput/mntput
order.

Al Viro said: "Looks sane".

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Cc: <viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: fix race in mark_mounts_for_expiry()
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:24 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: fix race in mark_mounts_for_expiry()

This patch fixes a race found by Ram in mark_mounts_for_expiry() in
fs/namespace.c.

The bug can only be triggered with simultaneous exiting of a process having
a private namespace, and expiry of a mount from within that namespace.
It's practically impossible to trigger, and I haven't even tried.  But
still, a bug is a bug.

The race happens when put_namespace() is called by another task, while
mark_mounts_for_expiry() is between atomic_read() and get_namespace().  In
that case get_namespace() will be called on an already dead namespace with
unforeseeable results.

The solution was suggested by Al Viro, with his own words:

      Instead of screwing with atomic_read() in there, why don't we
      simply do the following:
       a) atomic_dec_and_lock() in put_namespace()
       b) __put_namespace() called without dropping lock
       c) the first thing done by __put_namespace would be
      struct vfsmount *root = namespace->root;
      namespace->root = NULL;
      spin_unlock(...);
      ....
      umount_tree(root);
      ...
       d) check in mark_... would be simply namespace && namespace->root.

      And we are all set; no screwing around with atomic_read(), no magic
      at all.  Dying namespace gets NULL ->root.
      All changes of ->root happen under spinlock.
      If under a spinlock we see non-NULL ->mnt_namespace, it won't be
      freed until we drop the lock (we will set ->mnt_namespace to NULL
      under that lock before we get to freeing namespace).
      If under a spinlock we see non-NULL ->mnt_namespace and
      ->mnt_namespace->root, we can grab a reference to namespace and be
      sure that it won't go away.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Al Viro <viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] namespace.c: fix mnt_namespace clearing
Miklos Szeredi [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:22 +0000]
[PATCH] namespace.c: fix mnt_namespace clearing

This patch clears mnt_namespace on unmount.

Not clearing mnt_namespace has two effects:

   1) It is possible to attach a new mount to a detached mount,
      because check_mnt() returns true.

      This means, that when no other references to the detached mount
      remain, it still can't be freed.  This causes a resource leak,
      and possibly un-removable modules.

   2) If mnt_namespace is dereferenced (only in mark_mounts_for_expiry())
      after the namspace has been freed, it can cause an Oops, memory
      corruption, etc.

1) has been tested before and after the patch, 2) is only speculation.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>
Acked-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add documentation file
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:21 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add documentation file

Add documentation for InfiniBand userspace verbs.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user QP support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:20 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user QP support

Add support for userspace queue pairs (QPs) to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user CQ support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:19 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user CQ support

Add support for userspace completion queues (CQs) to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user MR support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:19 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user MR support

Add support for userspace memory regions (MRs) to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user PD support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:18 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user PD support

Add support for userspace protection domains (PDs) to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca mmap support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:17 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca mmap support

Add support for mmap() method to mthca, so that userspace can get access to
doorbell registers.  This allows userspace to get direct access to the HCA for
data path operations.

Each userspace context gets its own copy of the doorbell registers and is only
allowed to use resources that the kernel has given it access to.  In other
words, this is safe.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user context support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:16 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user context support

Add support for managing userspace contexts to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user doorbell record support
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:16 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca user doorbell record support

Add support for userspace doorbell records to mthca.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca ABI header
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:15 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add mthca ABI header

Add the mthca_user.h header file, which defines the device-specific ABI used
by the mthca low-level driver for kernel/user communication.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: hook up Kconfig/Makefile
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:14 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: hook up Kconfig/Makefile

Hook up InfiniBand userspace verbs to Kconfig and the make system.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: memory pinning implementation
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:14 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: memory pinning implementation

Add support for pinning userspace memory regions and returning a list of pages
in the region.  This includes tracking pinned memory against vm_locked and
preventing unprivileged users from exceeding RLIMIT_MEMLOCK.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: core implementation
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:13 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: core implementation

Add the core of the InfiniBand userspace verbs implementation, including
creating character device nodes, dispatching requests from userspace, and
passing event notifications back up to userspace.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: add user verbs ABI header
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:12 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: add user verbs ABI header

Add the ib_user_verbs.h header file, which defines the ABI used by InfiniBand
userspace verbs for kernel/user communication.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: update mthca for new API
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:11 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: update mthca for new API

Update mthca to compile against the updated API for low-level drivers.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: update kernel midlayer for new API
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:11 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: update kernel midlayer for new API

Update kernel InfiniBand midlayer to compile against the updated API for
low-level drivers.  This just amounts to passing NULL for all
userspace-related parameters, and setting userspace-related structure members
to NULL.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] IB uverbs: core API extensions
Roland Dreier [Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:57:10 +0000]
[PATCH] IB uverbs: core API extensions

First of a series of patches which add support for direct userspace access to
InfiniBand hardware -- so-called "userspace verbs." I believe these patches
are ready to merge, but a final review would be useful.

These patches should incorporate all of the feedback from the discussion when
I posted an earlier version back in April (see
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/4/4/267 for the start of the thread).  In
particular, memory pinned for use by userspace is accounted for in
current->mm->vm_locked and requests to pin memory are checked against
RLIMIT_MEMLOCK.

This patch:

Modify the ib_verbs.h header file with changes required for InfiniBand
userspace verbs support.  We add a few structures to keep track of userspace
context, and extend the driver API so that low-level drivers know when they're
creating resources that will be used from userspace.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>