8 years agostaging: fix comedi NI labpc driver build when ISA_DMA_API is not enabled
Randy Dunlap [Sat, 2 Jul 2011 18:44:36 +0000]
staging: fix comedi NI labpc driver build when ISA_DMA_API is not enabled

Fix ni_labpc.c to build when CONFIG_ISA_DMA_API is not enabled.

This is a driver that supports both ISA and PCI devices.
It now builds when for PCI-only support or for both
ISA and PCI device support.
(It does not support ISA-only without PCI.)

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Cc: Ian Abbott <abbotti@mev.co.uk>
Cc: Frank Mori Hess <fmhess@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agostaging: comedi: fix infoleak to userspace
Vasiliy Kulikov [Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:56:22 +0000]
staging: comedi: fix infoleak to userspace

driver_name and board_name are pointers to strings, not buffers of size
COMEDI_NAMELEN.  Copying COMEDI_NAMELEN bytes of a string containing
less than COMEDI_NAMELEN-1 bytes would leak some unrelated bytes.

Signed-off-by: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@openwall.com>
Cc: stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: comedi: usbdux: release locks on error paths
Dan Carpenter [Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:02:05 +0000]
Staging: comedi: usbdux: release locks on error paths

Smatch complains about a couple error paths where the semaphores
were not released.

Signed-off-by: Dan Carpenter <error27@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: comedi: add dyna_pci10xx driver to Makefile
Prashant P. Shah [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:29:43 +0000]
Staging: comedi: add dyna_pci10xx driver to Makefile

Add dyna_pci10xx entry to comedi Kconfig and Makefile

Signed-off-by: Prashant P. Shah <pshah.mumbai@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: comedi: add dyna_pci10xx driver
Prashant P. Shah [Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:28:50 +0000]
Staging: comedi: add dyna_pci10xx driver

For Dynalog PCI DAQ cards:
  PCI-1050

Signed-off-by: Prashant P. Shah <pshah.mumbai@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Ian Abbott <abbotti@mev.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agostaging: hv: fix some white spaces in netvsc driver
Haiyang Zhang [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:58:04 +0000]
staging: hv: fix some white spaces in netvsc driver

Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Abhishek Kane <v-abkane@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoRemove unneeded version.h include from drivers/staging/hv/hv_timesource.c
Jesper Juhl [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:52:14 +0000]
Remove unneeded version.h include from drivers/staging/hv/hv_timesource.c

It was pointed out by 'make versioncheck' that include of
linux/version.h is not needed in drivers/staging/hv/hv_timesource.c .
This patch removes it.

Signed-off-by: Jesper Juhl <jj@chaosbits.net>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: hv: vmbus: Properly handle the error in hv_acpi_init()
K. Y. Srinivasan [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:16:38 +0000]
Staging: hv: vmbus: Properly handle the error in hv_acpi_init()

Properly handle the error in hv_acpi_init().

Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: hv: netvsc: Fix a bug in accounting transmit slots
K. Y. Srinivasan [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:16:37 +0000]
Staging: hv: netvsc: Fix a bug in accounting transmit slots

The transmit slots were manipulated without proper locking. Fix this bug by
making the variable tracking the transmit slots atomic.

This patch should be ported to prior stable kernels 2.6.32 and later.

Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Cc: stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: hv: storvsc: Increase the timeout value in the storvsc driver
K. Y. Srinivasan [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:16:36 +0000]
Staging: hv: storvsc: Increase the timeout value in the storvsc driver

On some loaded windows hosts, we have discovered that the host may not
respond to guest requests within the specified time (one second)
as evidenced by the guest timing out. Fix this problem by increasing
the timeout to 5 seconds.

It may be useful to apply this patch to the 3.0 kernel as well.
the 3.0 kernel as well.

Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Cc: stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: hv: netvsc: Increase the timeout value in the netvsc driver
K. Y. Srinivasan [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:16:35 +0000]
Staging: hv: netvsc: Increase the timeout value in the netvsc driver

On some loaded windows hosts, we have discovered that the host may not
respond to guest requests within the specified time (one second)
as evidenced by the guest timing out. Fix this problem by increasing
the timeout to 5 seconds.

It may be useful to apply this patch to the 3.0 kernel as well.

Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Cc: stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoStaging: hv: vmbus: Increase the timeout value in the vmbus driver
K. Y. Srinivasan [Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:16:34 +0000]
Staging: hv: vmbus: Increase the timeout value in the vmbus driver

On some loaded windows hosts, we have discovered that the host may not
respond to guest requests within the specified time (one second)
as evidenced by the guest timing out. Fix this problem by increasing
the timeout to 5 seconds.

It may be useful to apply this patch to the 3.0 kernel as well.

Signed-off-by: K. Y. Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Hank Janssen <hjanssen@microsoft.com>
Cc: stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agostaging: remove reference to cs5535_gpio makefile
Kalle Valo [Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:41:26 +0000]
staging: remove reference to cs5535_gpio makefile

The driver was removed but 'make clean' still failed:

scripts/Makefile.clean:17:
[...]/drivers/staging/cs5535_gpio/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`[...]/drivers/staging/cs5535_gpio/Makefile'.  Stop.

Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: fix build without backlight device support
Jani Nikula [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:39:31 +0000]
gma500: fix build without backlight device support

gma500: fix build without backlight device support

Fix unmatched curly brackets when CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE is not
defined.

Signed-off-by: Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: power can be touched in IRQ state
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:45:13 +0000]
gma500: power can be touched in IRQ state

So we need to use a spinlock here

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Fix missing memory check
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:45:00 +0000]
gma500: Fix missing memory check

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Workaround for Medfield/Cedarview cursor bug
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:44:46 +0000]
gma500: Workaround for Medfield/Cedarview cursor bug

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Fix backlight crash
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:44:34 +0000]
gma500: Fix backlight crash

We need to check the NULL case earlier.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Add the HDMI bits
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:44:20 +0000]
gma500: Add the HDMI bits

This adds the basic HDMI support for Cedarview.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: begin adding CDV specific code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:44:06 +0000]
gma500: begin adding CDV specific code

A lot of the intel_display stuff is duplicated, but we will add it first,
clean it up and then investigate the best way to merge stuff.

This first block integrates the various basic chunks of the CDV display setup.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move the power header
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:43:53 +0000]
gma500: move the power header

At this point we now have the file naming making somewhat more sense
although the dependancies are not as clean as would be ideal

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move the BIOS header
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:43:40 +0000]
gma500: move the BIOS header

We can move this to patch up as well. Shuffle the relevant includes as we
go

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: tidying up the power stuff a spot
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:43:21 +0000]
gma500: tidying up the power stuff a spot

In particular don't destroy static mutexes, it upsets things

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move the i2c code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:43:07 +0000]
gma500: move the i2c code

This again is similar to upstream so give it a sensible name ready to look
at any merging or synchronization

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: the MMU code is also generic
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:42:53 +0000]
gma500: the MMU code is also generic

Move this over. In actual fact there are some underlying differences as
some devices have more MMU contexts, but for our 2D purposes we don't
actually care.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move opregion files
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:42:36 +0000]
gma500: move opregion files

We've now sorted them out so they can go into the generic code. In actual
fact only the non MID devices use the functions but they are small and
having the name match i915 is going to help any future merging type work.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: tidy up the opregion and lid code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:42:23 +0000]
gma500: tidy up the opregion and lid code

This is leaking an io mapping and also referencing stuff directly that
should not be directly accessed. Sort it out

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Rename the psb_intel_bios code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:42:11 +0000]
gma500: Rename the psb_intel_bios code

This is generic for the PC class devices and also very similar to the i915
intel_bios.c so rename it. That way the commonality will be obvious and we
can look at merging them one day, or at least synching them up.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: begin the config based split
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:41:56 +0000]
gma500: begin the config based split

We don't want to carry all the extra gunk around on every device so use the
splitting work so far to tidy this up. Poulsbo is still mandatory as it is
used in bits by the other drivers and not neatly modularised.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: the GEM and GTT code is device independant
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:41:43 +0000]
gma500: the GEM and GTT code is device independant

Rename the gem and gtt files accordingly.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: The 2D code is now also device independent
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:41:29 +0000]
gma500: The 2D code is now also device independent

Rename

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move framebuffer file
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:41:11 +0000]
gma500: move framebuffer file

The framebuffer code is now clean of device specific code, and passes
checkpatch. Move it to its new name

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: tidy the framebuffer fixme and oddments
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:56 +0000]
gma500: tidy the framebuffer fixme and oddments

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: the 'mrst' BIOS is actually MID generic
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:43 +0000]
gma500: the 'mrst' BIOS is actually MID generic

Shuffle the naming so this reflects better and we can try and build some
sort of ordering to the naming scheme.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Add the beginnings of Cedarview support
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:30 +0000]
gma500: Add the beginnings of Cedarview support

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: move configuration bits into the psb_ops structure
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:16 +0000]
gma500: move configuration bits into the psb_ops structure

We can stuff things like the number of pipes and the SGX offset away in
here as well and clean up more conditional code.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: remove an un-needed check
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:03 +0000]
gma500: remove an un-needed check

This is a Medfield only path

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: add more ops
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:39:50 +0000]
gma500: add more ops

Split the 2d properties, name, and various function vectors out so that we
can get rid of more conditional gloop in favour of a per device structure.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: enable Medfield CRTC support
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:39:19 +0000]
gma500: enable Medfield CRTC support

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Read the GCT panel type information for Medfield
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:39:06 +0000]
gma500: Read the GCT panel type information for Medfield

Missed in the original merge work

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Fix early Medfield crash
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:38:53 +0000]
gma500: Fix early Medfield crash

We need to initialise the DBI interface and the code for it got missed in
the original merge as it's in a daft place. This will need moving but lets
get it added first.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: continue abstracting platform specific code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:38:40 +0000]
gma500: continue abstracting platform specific code

Next obvious target - backlight support

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: being abstracting out devices a bit more
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:38:26 +0000]
gma500: being abstracting out devices a bit more

We really want to move towards a completely abstracted interface rather
than having tons of per chip junk in the same files.

Begin with the power code which is probably the worst offender. Add a set
of methods, initialise a dev_priv->ops pointer and rip the chip specifics
out of the power code. While we are it pick up the display init bits.

So we know it's now chip specifics clean remove the psb_ naming from it.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Only fiddle with clock gating on PSB
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:38:11 +0000]
gma500: Only fiddle with clock gating on PSB

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Update the GEM todo
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:37:55 +0000]
gma500: Update the GEM todo

We also pull out the undo side of the mmap offset processing so we can later
push it into GEM where it belongs

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: psb_fb tidy/cleanup pass
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:37:41 +0000]
gma500: psb_fb tidy/cleanup pass

Eliminate unused stuff and clean up the code ordering.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Extract BIOSisy stuff from psb_drv
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:37:29 +0000]
gma500: Extract BIOSisy stuff from psb_drv

This is too big already so lets rip out more of the device specific crud. It
also means we pull the ugly stuff that needs work out of our main line of
cleanup.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Move our other GEM helper into the bits want to push into GEM
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:37:16 +0000]
gma500: Move our other GEM helper into the bits want to push into GEM

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Medfield support
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:36:47 +0000]
gma500: Medfield support

This large patch adds all the basics for Medfield support. Lots of clean up
needed in this area still.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: 2D polish
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:36:32 +0000]
gma500: 2D polish

Tidy up the 2D bits. For the fill case the CPU seems to be able to
outperform the graphics engine for the cases we get, so don't bother
fixing it but throw it out.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: CodingStyle pass
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:36:19 +0000]
gma500: CodingStyle pass

Start the style cleanup

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Use the GEM tweaks to provide a GEM frame buffer
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:36:07 +0000]
gma500: Use the GEM tweaks to provide a GEM frame buffer

We can now make our system frame buffer a GEM object.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: GEM glue
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:55 +0000]
gma500: GEM glue

Add this temporarily so we can keep making progress and also bundle all the
GEM bits we need together in our staging driver while we get them into GEM
itself.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Kill spare kref
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:43 +0000]
gma500: Kill spare kref

We are using the underlying kref in the GEM object so we don't need our own

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: nuke the PSB debug stuff
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:30 +0000]
gma500: nuke the PSB debug stuff

Lose all the PSB debug gunge. We can replace it with dev_dbg() like normal
drivers if and when we need debug on stuff.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: nuke the last bits of TTM code
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:18 +0000]
gma500: nuke the last bits of TTM code

We don't seem to need this for our task.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: 2D acceleration tidying
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:06 +0000]
gma500: 2D acceleration tidying

We have a FIXME to do the power management for which the framework now
exists, and we also need to deal with an erratum. Some operations exactly 8
pixels wide or high fail. The work around is to do two smaller ones (see
the Intel released X driver bits) but for console quite frankly if it's
8bits wide and/or high its not worth it so fall back.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: polish for completion of this phase
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:53 +0000]
gma500: polish for completion of this phase

Give the driver its own proper DRM name, clean up copyright headers and so
forth

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: trim some of the debug
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:41 +0000]
gma500: trim some of the debug

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Do sane FB cleanup
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:28 +0000]
gma500: Do sane FB cleanup

If we get a user frame buffer destroyed which is being displayed then clean
up the mess nicely. We can now run a slightly modified modetest including setting
modes, and handling crashes.

Modetest still blows up but this is because libdrm 2.4.25 is busted.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: revamp frame buffer creation and handling
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:15 +0000]
gma500: revamp frame buffer creation and handling

Restructure this to work the same way as the i915 frame buffer does. That
cleans up various chunks of code.

We can now set a mode in modetest but mode restore is a bit iffy

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agogma500: Ensure the frame buffer has a linear virtual mapping
Alan Cox [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:03 +0000]
gma500: Ensure the frame buffer has a linear virtual mapping

We need this for the framebuffer in order to ensure that the kernel
framebuffer layer can handle it when using KMS. Except for the base
framebuffer this isn't a concern.

Add an npage field to the gtt as too many copies of the page calculation
are getting spread around the code.

Signed-off-by: Alan Cox <alan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoMerge Linux 3.0-rc6 into staging-next
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:35:09 +0000]
Merge Linux 3.0-rc6 into staging-next

This handles the merge conflicts with the
drivers/staging/brcm80211/Kconfig file due to changes on the two
different branches.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>

8 years agoLinux 3.0-rc6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 4 Jul 2011 22:56:24 +0000]
Linux 3.0-rc6

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 4 Jul 2011 22:54:37 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6: (277 commits)
  [SCSI] isci: fix checkpatch errors
  isci: Device reset should request sas_phy_reset(phy, true)
  isci: pare back error messsages
  isci: cleanup silicon revision detection
  isci: merge scu_unsolicited_frame.h into unsolicited_frame_control.h
  isci: merge sata.[ch] into request.c
  isci: kill 'get/set' macros
  isci: retire scic_sds_ and scic_ prefixes
  isci: unify isci_host and scic_sds_controller
  isci: unify isci_remote_device and scic_sds_remote_device
  isci: unify isci_port and scic_sds_port
  isci: fix scic_sds_remote_device_terminate_requests
  isci: unify isci_phy and scic_sds_phy
  isci: unify isci_request and scic_sds_request
  isci: rename / clean up scic_sds_stp_request
  isci: preallocate requests
  isci: combine request flags
  isci: unify can_queue tracking on the tci_pool, uplevel tag assignment
  isci: Terminate dev requests on FIS err bit rx in NCQ
  isci: fix frame received locking
  ...

8 years agoMerge branch 'at91/fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 4 Jul 2011 22:54:18 +0000]
Merge branch 'at91/fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/arm/linux-2.6-arm-soc

* 'at91/fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/linux-2.6-arm-soc:
  AT91: Change nand buswidth logic to match hardware default configuration
  at91: Use "pclk" as con_id on at91cap9 and at91rm9200
  at91: fix udc, ehci and mmc clock device name for cap9/9g45/9rl
  atmel_serial: fix internal port num
  at91: fix at91_set_serial_console: use platform device id

8 years agoMerge branch 'fbdev-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Mon, 4 Jul 2011 22:53:53 +0000]
Merge branch 'fbdev-fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lethal/fbdev-3.x

* 'fbdev-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lethal/fbdev-3.x:
  vesafb: fix memory leak
  fbdev: amba: Link fb device to its parent
  fsl-diu-fb: remove check for pixel clock ranges
  udlfb: Correct sub-optimal resolution selection.
  hecubafb: add module_put on error path in hecubafb_probe()
  sm501fb: fix section mismatch warning
  gx1fb: Fix section mismatch warnings
  fbdev: sh_mobile_meram: Correct pointer check for YCbCr chroma plane

8 years agoRDMA: Check for NULL mode in .devnode methods
Goldwyn Rodrigues [Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:26:57 +0000]
RDMA: Check for NULL mode in .devnode methods

Commits 71c29bd5c235 ("IB/uverbs: Add devnode method to set path/mode")
and c3af0980ce01 ("IB: Add devnode methods to cm_class and umad_class")
added devnode methods that set the mode.

However, these methods don't check for a NULL mode, and so we get a
crash when unloading modules because devtmpfs_delete_node() calls
device_get_devnode() with mode == NULL.

Add the missing checks.

Signed-off-by: Goldwyn Rodrigues <rgoldwyn@suse.de>
[ Also fix cm.c.  - Roland ]
Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <roland@purestorage.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

8 years agoAT91: Change nand buswidth logic to match hardware default configuration
Nicolas Ferre [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:25:24 +0000]
AT91: Change nand buswidth logic to match hardware default configuration

The recently modified nand buswitth configuration is not aligned with
board reality: the double footprint on boards is always populated with 8bits
buswidth nand flashes.
So we have to consider that without particular configuration the 8bits
buswidth is selected by default.
Moreover, the previous logic was always using !board_have_nand_8bit(), we
change it to a simpler: board_have_nand_16bit().

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@atmel.com>
Tested-by: Ludovic Desroches <ludovic.desroches@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>

8 years agovesafb: fix memory leak
Daniel J Blueman [Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:08:53 +0000]
vesafb: fix memory leak

When releasing framebuffer, free colourmap allocations.

Signed-off-by: Daniel J Blueman <daniel.blueman@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>

8 years agoMerge branch 'pm-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/suspe...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 20:33:16 +0000]
Merge branch 'pm-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/suspend-2.6

* 'pm-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/suspend-2.6:
  PM / Runtime: Update documentation regarding driver removal
  PM: Documentation: fix typo: pm_runtime_idle_sync() doesn't exist.

8 years ago[SCSI] isci: fix checkpatch errors
James Bottomley [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 19:14:45 +0000]
[SCSI] isci: fix checkpatch errors

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <JBottomley@Parallels.com>

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/djbw/isci
James Bottomley [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 19:19:29 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/djbw/isci

8 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:12:21 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6:
  cifs: set socket send and receive timeouts before attempting connect

8 years agoMerge branch 'hwmon-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jdelv...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:12:06 +0000]
Merge branch 'hwmon-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jdelvare/staging

* 'hwmon-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jdelvare/staging:
  hwmon: (k10temp) Update documentation for Fam12h
  hwmon-vid: Fix typo in VIA CPU name
  hwmon: (f71882fg) Add support for the F71869A
  hwmon: Use <> rather than () around my e-mail address
  hwmon: (emc6w201) Properly handle all errors

8 years agohwmon: (k10temp) Update documentation for Fam12h
Clemens Ladisch [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:32:54 +0000]
hwmon: (k10temp) Update documentation for Fam12h

Add some CPU series IDs and links to the Fam12h datasheets.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

8 years agohwmon-vid: Fix typo in VIA CPU name
Jean Delvare [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:32:54 +0000]
hwmon-vid: Fix typo in VIA CPU name

It's Nehemiah, not Nemiah.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <guenter.roeck@ericsson.com>

8 years agohwmon: (f71882fg) Add support for the F71869A
Hans de Goede [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:32:53 +0000]
hwmon: (f71882fg) Add support for the F71869A

The F71869A is almost the same as the F71869F/E, except that it has
the normal number of temp and pwm zones for a F71882FG derived chip,
rather then the limited number of the F71869F/E.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Tested-by: Max Baldwin <archerseven@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <guenter.roeck@ericsson.com>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

8 years agohwmon: Use <> rather than () around my e-mail address
Hans de Goede [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:32:53 +0000]
hwmon: Use <> rather than () around my e-mail address

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

8 years agohwmon: (emc6w201) Properly handle all errors
Jean Delvare [Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:32:53 +0000]
hwmon: (emc6w201) Properly handle all errors

Handle errors on 8-bit register reads and writes too. Also use likely
and unlikely to make the functions faster on success.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <guenter.roeck@ericsson.com>

8 years agoisci: Device reset should request sas_phy_reset(phy, true)
Jeff Skirvin [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 20:03:44 +0000]
isci: Device reset should request sas_phy_reset(phy, true)

The hard_reset parameter passed to the LLDD in the direct-attached
phy control case allows the LLDD to filter link failure events
while the direct-attached device reset is executing.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Skirvin <jeffrey.d.skirvin@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: pare back error messsages
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 19:07:25 +0000]
isci: pare back error messsages

The messages emitted from task.c and some from request.c likely
duplicate (in a less undertandable way) what is reported by the
midlayer.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: cleanup silicon revision detection
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:41:21 +0000]
isci: cleanup silicon revision detection

Perform checking per-pci device (even though all systems will only have
1 pci device in this generation), and delete support for silicon that
does not report a proper revision (i.e. A0).

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: merge scu_unsolicited_frame.h into unsolicited_frame_control.h
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:15:12 +0000]
isci: merge scu_unsolicited_frame.h into unsolicited_frame_control.h

Does not need its own file.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: merge sata.[ch] into request.c
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 17:52:55 +0000]
isci: merge sata.[ch] into request.c

Undo some needless separation.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: kill 'get/set' macros
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:25:15 +0000]
isci: kill 'get/set' macros

Most of these simple dereference macros are longer than their open coded
equivalent.  Deleting enum sci_controller_mode is thrown in for good
measure.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: retire scic_sds_ and scic_ prefixes
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 02:14:33 +0000]
isci: retire scic_sds_ and scic_ prefixes

The distinction between scic_sds_ scic_ and sci_ are no longer relevant
so just unify the prefixes on sci_.  The distinction between isci_ and
sci_ is historically significant, and useful for comparing the old
'core' to the current Linux driver. 'sci_' represents the former core as
well as the routines that are closer to the hardware and protocol than
their 'isci_' brethren. sci == sas controller interface.

Also unwind the 'sds1' out of the parameter structs.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify isci_host and scic_sds_controller
Dan Williams [Fri, 1 Jul 2011 00:38:32 +0000]
isci: unify isci_host and scic_sds_controller

Remove the distinction between these two implementations and unify on
isci_host (local instances named ihost).  Hmmm, we had two
'oem_parameters' instances, one was unused... nice.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify isci_remote_device and scic_sds_remote_device
Dan Williams [Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:31:37 +0000]
isci: unify isci_remote_device and scic_sds_remote_device

Remove the distinction between these two implementations and unify on
isci_remote_device (local instances named idev).

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify isci_port and scic_sds_port
Dan Williams [Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:09:25 +0000]
isci: unify isci_port and scic_sds_port

Remove the distinction between these two implementations and unify on
isci_port (local instances named iport).  The duplicate '->owning_port' and
'->isci_port' in both isci_phy and isci_remote_device will be fixed in a later
patch... this is just the straightforward rename/unification.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: fix scic_sds_remote_device_terminate_requests
Dan Williams [Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:45:48 +0000]
isci: fix scic_sds_remote_device_terminate_requests

Commit 0815632 "isci: unify remote_device stop_handlers" introduced the
possibility that not all requests get terminated if we reach the
request_count.  Now that we properly reference count devices we don't
need this self-defense and can do the straightforward scan of all active
requests.

Reported-by: Jeff Skirvin <jeffrey.d.skirvin@intel.com>
Acked-by: Jeff Skirvin <jeffrey.d.skirvin@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify isci_phy and scic_sds_phy
Dan Williams [Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:05:53 +0000]
isci: unify isci_phy and scic_sds_phy

They are one in the same object so remove the distinction.  The near
duplicate fields (owning_port, and isci_port) will be cleaned up
after the scic_sds_port isci_port unification.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify isci_request and scic_sds_request
Dan Williams [Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:57:03 +0000]
isci: unify isci_request and scic_sds_request

They are one in the same object so remove the distinction.  The near
duplicate fields (owning_controller, and isci_host) will be cleaned up
after the scic_sds_contoller isci_host unification.

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: rename / clean up scic_sds_stp_request
Dan Williams [Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:56:41 +0000]
isci: rename / clean up scic_sds_stp_request

* Rename scic_sds_stp_request to isci_stp_request
* Remove the unused fields and union indirection

Reported-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: preallocate requests
Dan Williams [Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:18:39 +0000]
isci: preallocate requests

the dma_pool interface is optimized for object_size << page_size which
is not the case with isci_request objects and the dma_pool routines show
up in the top of the profile.

The old io_request_table which tracked whether tci slots were in-flight
or not is replaced with an IREQ_ACTIVE flag per request.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: combine request flags
Dan Williams [Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:33:48 +0000]
isci: combine request flags

Combine three bools into one unsigned long 'flags'.  Doesn't increase the
request size due to packing. (to do: optimize the structure layout).

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: unify can_queue tracking on the tci_pool, uplevel tag assignment
Dan Williams [Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:47:09 +0000]
isci: unify can_queue tracking on the tci_pool, uplevel tag assignment

The tci_pool tracks our outstanding command slots which are also the 'index'
portion of our tags.  Grabbing the tag early in ->lldd_execute_task let's us
drop the isci_host_can_queue() and ->was_tag_assigned_by_user infrastructure.
->was_tag_assigned_by_user required the task context to be duplicated in
request-local buffer.  With the tci established early we can build the
task_context directly into its final location and skip a memcpy.

With the task context buffer at a known address at request construction we
have the opportunity/obligation to also fix sgl handling.  This rework feels
like it belongs in another patch but the sgl handling and task_context are too
intertwined.
1/ fix the 'ab' pair embedded in the task context to point to the 'cd' pair in
   the task context (previously we were prematurely linking to the staging
   buffer).
2/ fix the broken iteration of pio sgls that assumes all sgls are relative to
   the request, and does a dangerous looking reverse lookup of physical
   address to virtual address.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: Terminate dev requests on FIS err bit rx in NCQ
Jeff Skirvin [Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:09:02 +0000]
isci: Terminate dev requests on FIS err bit rx in NCQ

When the remote device transitions to a not-ready state because of
an NCQ error condition, all outstanding requests to that device
are terminated and completed to libsas on the normal path.  The
device then waits for a READ LOG EXT command to issue on the task
management path.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Skirvin <jeffrey.d.skirvin@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: fix frame received locking
Dan Williams [Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:44:52 +0000]
isci: fix frame received locking

Updates to the frame_rcvd before need to be atomic with respect to when
they are evaluated by libsas.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>

8 years agoisci: possible buffer overflow in isci_parse_oem_parameters fixed
Maciej Patelczyk [Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:03:13 +0000]
isci: possible buffer overflow in isci_parse_oem_parameters fixed

scu_index is a parameter of isci_parse_eom_parameters and is an index
in controller table. There is a check: scu_index > SCI_MAX_CONTROLLERS
which is insufficient and should be: scu_index >= SCI_MAX_CONTROLLERS.
scu_index is used as an index in the table which size is
SCI_MAX_CONTROLLERS.

Signed-off-by: Maciej Patelczyk <maciej.patelczyk@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>