11 years ago[ALSA] Keep private TLV entry in vmaster itself
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:05:50 +0000]
[ALSA] Keep private TLV entry in vmaster itself

Use a private array for TLV entries of virtual master controls instead
of (supposed) static array.  This cleans up the existing codes.

Also, now vmaster assumes the simple dB-range TLV that is the only type
it can handle.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Move vmaster code to sound core
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:03:13 +0000]
[ALSA] Move vmaster code to sound core

Move the codes for virtual master controls to sound core part so that
not only hda-intel drivers can use it.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Add support of 8 channel sound
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:23:13 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Add support of 8 channel sound

Added the support of 8 channel sound for codecs that are known to work.
So far, only ALC850 is marked as a 8ch-support codec.

This fix is a modified version of the patch on ALSA BTS#2097 by
Martin Ellis:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2097

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add __devinit macro to at73c213 sound driver probe functions
Hans-Christian Egtvedt [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:44:56 +0000]
[ALSA] Add __devinit macro to at73c213 sound driver probe functions

This patch adds __devinit to the functions used when probing. Will also reduce
the memory footprint a bit if CONFIG_HOTPLUG is not enabled.

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hcegtvedt@atmel.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Davinci ASoC support
Vladimir Barinov [Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:40:22 +0000]
[ALSA] Davinci ASoC support

Add ASoC support for the TI Davinci SoC and the Davicni-EVM reference board.
It includes:
- ASoC Davinci DMA driver
- ASoC Davinci I2S (Davinci McBSP module based) driver
- ASoC Davinci-EVM reference board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=mobile for AD1884A & co
Takashi Iwai [Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:44:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add model=mobile for AD1884A & co

Added the new model mobile for AD1884A and compatible codecs.
It's a reduced version of model=laptop.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of AD1883/1884A/1984A/1984B
Takashi Iwai [Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:43:56 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of AD1883/1884A/1984A/1984B

Added the support of new AD codecs: AD1883, AD1884A, AD1984A and AD1984B.
These are almost compatible except for additional digital pins, etc.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ASoC: WM9713 driver
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:43:11 +0000]
[ALSA] ASoC: WM9713 driver

This patch adds an ASoC driver for the WM9713 AC97 codec.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix missing capsrc_nids for ALC262
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:27:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix missing capsrc_nids for ALC262

ALC262 must have capsrc_nids defined as well as in ALC882.
Also, add a NULL check in alc882_mux_enum_put to avoid Oops.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Patch to support RV7xx HDMI Audio
Libin Yang [Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:55:13 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA-Intel - Patch to support RV7xx HDMI Audio

This patch is to add R7xx HDMI audio support.

Signed-off-by: Libin Yang <Libin.yang@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix breakage of resume in auto-config of realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:19:35 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix breakage of resume in auto-config of realtek codecs

The last patch for fixing the auto-config pin setting breaks the resume
due to a wrong use of snd_hda_codec_amp_stereo().  The code in the init
hook shouldn't touch the amp cache.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more names to vendor list
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:59:29 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add more names to vendor list

Added more known names to the vendor id list.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add "IEC958 Default PCM" switch
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:37:26 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add "IEC958 Default PCM" switch

Added a new mixer switch to enable/disable the sharing of the default
PCM stream with analog and SPDIF outputs.  When "IEC958 Default PCM"
switch is on, the PCM stream is routed both to analog and SPDIF outputs.
This is the behavior in the earlier version.

Turning this switch off has a merit for some codecs, though.  Some codec
chips don't support 24bit formats for SPDIF but only for analog outputs.
In this case, you can use 24bit format by disabling this switch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix auto-configuration of Realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:32:23 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix auto-configuration of Realtek codecs

This patch fixes some bugs in the auto-configurator of Realtek codecs:
- add missing pin set-up for speaker pins
- fix the speaker auto-mute function not to conflict with the existing
  "Speaker" mixer switch

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - More fix-up for auto-configuration
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:30:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - More fix-up for auto-configuration

In some cases, the BIOS sets up only the HP pins with different assoc
and sequence numbers, e.g. on FSC Esprimo with ALC262.

This patch adds a fix-up for such a case.  When multiple HPs are defined
and no line-outs is found, the configurator tries to re-assign some pins
from HP list to line-out, judging from the sequence number.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Implement auto-mic jack sensing on Samsung laptops
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:11:36 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Implement auto-mic jack sensing on Samsung laptops

Implemented the auto-mic jack sensing for Samsung laptops with AD1986A
codec chip (model=laptop-eapd).

The hardware uses pin 0x1d and 0x1f for the internal and external
mics, respectively.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Clean up capture source selection of Realtek codecs
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:32:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Clean up capture source selection of Realtek codecs

Clean up the codes of the capture source selection for Realtek codecs.
Now using common helper functions with the new capsrc_nids field.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix automute of AD1981HD hp model
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:54:34 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix automute of AD1981HD hp model

Reprogram the speaker-pin setting at each HP pin plug to make sure
the spekaer auto-muting on AD1981HD hp model.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC880 F1734 model
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:52:36 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix ALC880 F1734 model

Fixed some issues with ALC880 F1734 model
 - fix capture via mic
 - enable volume-wheel control

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] AK4114 - listing regs in proc
Pavel Hofman [Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:48:06 +0000]
[ALSA] AK4114 - listing regs in proc

A simple patch for listing AK4114 regs in proc.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Hofman <dustin@seznam.cz>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - remove duplicate controls in alc268 test mixer
Jonathan Woithe [Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:44:17 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - remove duplicate controls in alc268 test mixer

I've just noticed that there are a handful of duplicate controls in the
ALC268 test model mixer.  This patch (against alsa-driver 1.0.16) removes
them.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Correct HDMI transmitter names
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:12:01 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Correct HDMI transmitter names

Give better names to the new HDMI transmitter chips.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a compile error with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG_DETECT=y
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:06:32 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix a compile error with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG_DETECT=y

Forgot to get rid of the obsolete fragsize field from a debug print.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - added support for M-Audio Delta 66E
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:04:49 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - added support for M-Audio Delta 66E

See ALSA bug#3327 for more details. Experimental.
Also fix support for M-Audio Delta 1010E - subdevice check.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] Added support for Delta1010E (newer revisions of Delta1010)
Jaroslav Kysela [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:48:06 +0000]
[ALSA] Added support for Delta1010E (newer revisions of Delta1010)

For more details, see ALSA bug#3327 .

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Support 64bit buffer allocation
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:05:57 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Support 64bit buffer allocation

The HD-audio hardware usually supports 64bit address for DMA and other
buffers.  The patch enables the feature if supported.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Use SG buffer
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:50:19 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Use SG buffer

Use SG buffers for the HD-audio instead of linear buffers.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda: STAC927x power down inactive DACs
Matthew Ranostay [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:49:44 +0000]
[ALSA] hda: STAC927x power down inactive DACs

On several laptops that have STAC9228 codecs have unused DACs,
this powers them down to a D3 state.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Ranostay <mranostay@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix hoontech MIDI input
Alan Horstmann [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:43:54 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1712 - Fix hoontech MIDI input

Fixes the problems with Midi In on Hoontech/STA dsp24 cards, for example with
DSP2000 box, without restricting the box configurations available.  Also adds
mpu_401 name strings.

Signed-off-by: Alan Horstmann <gineera@aspect135.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:41:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip

Added the ID for an unknown HDMI codec chip on Jetway J9F2.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix PCM device number assignment
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:03:20 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Fix PCM device number assignment

In the current scheme, PCM device numbers are assigned incrementally
in the order of codecs.  This causes problems when the codec number
is irregular, e.g. codec #0 for HDMI and codec #1 for analog.  Then
the HDMI becomes the first PCM, which is picked up as the default
output device.  Unfortuantely this doesn't work well with normal
setups.

This patch introduced the fixed device numbers for the PCM types,
namely, analog, SPDIF, HDMI and modem.  The PCM devices are assigned
according to the corresponding PCM type.  After this patch, HDMI will
be always assigned to PCM #3, SPDIF to PCM #1, and the first analog
to PCM #0, etc.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer map
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:44:11 +0000]
[ALSA] Add more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer map

Added more fallbacks to OSS PHONEOUT mixer mapping.  This corresponds
to the speaker output in general, so now "Mono" and "Speaker" are
assigned.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Add ADC setup in set_rate callback for Audiophile192
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:36:32 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Add ADC setup in set_rate callback for Audiophile192

Added the missing GPIO setup for the AK5385A ADC codec on Audiophile192.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] ice1724 - Enable AK4114 support for Audiophile192
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:34:59 +0000]
[ALSA] ice1724 - Enable AK4114 support for Audiophile192

Fixed and enabled the support of AK4114 chip on Audiophile192.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of Zepto laptops
Mirco Tischler [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:33:59 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add support of Zepto laptops

Adds support for zepto laptops with alc268 intel_hda codec.

Signed-off-by: Mirco Tischler <mt-ml@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Add SI HDMI codec support
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:32:20 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Add SI HDMI codec support

Added the support of SI HDMI codec, found in ASUS machines.
ALSA bug#3654
        https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3654

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Allow multiple SPDIF devices
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:31:13 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Allow multiple SPDIF devices

The current code doesn't allow multiple SPDIF devices, and causes
errors when multiple SPDIF devices are found (e.g. SPDIF out and HDMI).
This patch allows multiple SPDIF devices by incrementing the index
automatically.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] HDA - Add support for the OQO Model 2
Tobin Davis [Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:31:47 +0000]
[ALSA] HDA - Add support for the OQO Model 2

This patch adds support for the OQO Model 2 Ultra Mobile PC.

Signed-off-by: Tobin Davis <tdavis@dsl-only.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] Add SUPERH depends to sound/soc/sh/Kconfig
Kristoffer Ericson [Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:16:10 +0000]
[ALSA] Add SUPERH depends to sound/soc/sh/Kconfig

Currently you will see an empty "SoC Audio support for SuperH" menu
when building for other archs (example pxa).
This patch adds "depends on SUPERH" to remove that empty menu.

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years ago[ALSA] soc - Mono voice playback volume for WM8753
Mike Montour [Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:12:12 +0000]
[ALSA] soc - Mono voice playback volume for WM8753

Voice playback volume is in register bits 0:2, not 4:6.

From: Mike Montour <mail@mmontour.net>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: Werner Almesberger <werner@openmoko.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

11 years agoslab_err: Pass parameters correctly to slab_bug
Christoph Lameter [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:28:01 +0000]
slab_err: Pass parameters correctly to slab_bug

Signed-off-by: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:24:19 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6:
  [patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id
  [patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo
  [patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root
  [patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID
  [patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID
  [patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()
  [patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()
  [PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:23:45 +0000]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6:
  iwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore
  net: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}
  rt2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.
  iwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.
  leds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM
  [IPSEC]: Fix catch-22 with algorithm IDs above 31
  time: Export set_normalized_timespec.
  tcp: Make use of before macro in tcp_input.c
  hamradio: Remove unneeded and deprecated cli()/sti() calls in dmascc.c
  [NETNS]: Remove empty ->init callback.
  [DCCP]: Convert do_gettimeofday() to getnstimeofday().
  [NETNS]: Don't initialize err variable twice.
  [NETNS]: The ip6_fib_timer can work with garbage on net namespace stop.
  [IPV4]: Convert do_gettimeofday() to getnstimeofday().
  [IPV4]: Make icmp_sk_init() static.
  [IPV6]: Make struct ip6_prohibit_entry_template static.
  tcp: Trivial fix to correct function name in a comment in net/ipv4/tcp.c
  [NET]: Expose netdevice dev_id through sysfs
  skbuff: fix missing kernel-doc notation
  [ROSE]: Fix soft lockup wrt. rose_node_list_lock

11 years agopnpacpi: fix potential corruption on "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resourc...
Len Brown [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:09:13 +0000]
pnpacpi: fix potential corruption on "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resources 2"

PNP_MAX_IRQ is 2
If a device invokes pnpacpi_parse_allocated_irqresource() 0, 1, or 2 times, we are happy.
The 3rd time, we will fail and print "pnpacpi: exceeded the max number of IRQ resources: 2"
The 4th and subsequent calls (if this ever happened) would silently scribble on
irq_resource[2], which doesn't actualy exist.

Found-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoiwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore
Tomas Winkler [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:48:57 +0000]
iwlwifi: Fix built-in compilation of iwlcore

This patch fixes problem in Makefile that prevented
built-in compilation of iwlcore

Commit that caused this problem: eadd3c4b ("iwlwifi: make Makefile
more concise")

Signed-off-by: Tomas Winkler <tomas.winkler@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Yi Zhu <yi.zhu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agonet: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}
Adrian Bunk [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:37:49 +0000]
net: Unexport move_addr_to_{kernel,user}

After the removal of the Solaris binary emulation the exports of
move_addr_to_{kernel,user} are no longer used.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agort2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:34:50 +0000]
rt2x00: Select LEDS_CLASS.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoiwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:34:31 +0000]
iwlwifi: Select LEDS_CLASS.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years agoleds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM
David S. Miller [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:33:32 +0000]
leds: Do not guard NEW_LEDS with HAS_IOMEM

The LEDS infrastructure itself does not require anything
that a platform dependant upon HAS_IOMEM.

The individual drivers do, but they are properly guarded
with the necessary platform dependencies.

One can even imagine a hypervisor based LED driver that
a platform without HAS_IOMEM might have.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

11 years ago[patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:26 +0000]
[patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id

Show peer group ID of nearest dominating group that has intersection
with the mount's namespace.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo
Ram Pai [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:25 +0000]
[patch 6/7] vfs: mountinfo: add /proc/<pid>/mountinfo

[mszeredi@suse.cz] rewrite and split big patch into managable chunks

/proc/mounts in its current form lacks important information:

 - propagation state
 - root of mount for bind mounts
 - the st_dev value used within the filesystem
 - identifier for each mount and it's parent

It also suffers from the following problems:

 - not easily extendable
 - ambiguity of mountpoints within a chrooted environment
 - doesn't distinguish between filesystem dependent and independent options
 - doesn't distinguish between per mount and per super block options

This patch introduces /proc/<pid>/mountinfo which attempts to address
all these deficiencies.

Code shared between /proc/<pid>/mounts and /proc/<pid>/mountinfo is
extracted into separate functions.

Thanks to Al Viro for the help in getting the design right.

Signed-off-by: Ram Pai <linuxram@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:24 +0000]
[patch 5/7] vfs: mountinfo: allow using process root

Allow /proc/<pid>/mountinfo to use the root of <pid> to calculate
mountpoints.

 - move definition of 'struct proc_mounts' to <linux/mnt_namespace.h>
 - add the process's namespace and root to this structure
 - pass a pointer to 'struct proc_mounts' into seq_operations

In addition the following cleanups are made:

 - use a common open function for /proc/<pid>/{mounts,mountstat}
 - surround namespace.c part of these proc files with #ifdef CONFIG_PROC_FS
 - make the seq_operations structures const

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:23 +0000]
[patch 4/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount peer group ID

Add a unique ID to each peer group using the IDR infrastructure.  The
identifiers are reused after the peer group dissolves.

The IDR structures are protected by holding namepspace_sem for write
while allocating or deallocating IDs.

IDs are allocated when a previously unshared vfsmount becomes the
first member of a peer group.  When a new member is added to an
existing group, the ID is copied from one of the old members.

IDs are freed when the last member of a peer group is unshared.

Setting the MNT_SHARED flag on members of a subtree is done as a
separate step, after all the IDs have been allocated.  This way an
allocation failure can be cleaned up easilty, without affecting the
propagation state.

Based on design sketch by Al Viro.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID
Miklos Szeredi [Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:11:34 +0000]
[patch 3/7] vfs: mountinfo: add mount ID

Add a unique ID to each vfsmount using the IDR infrastructure.  The
identifiers are reused after the vfsmount is freed.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()
Miklos Szeredi [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:21 +0000]
[patch 2/7] vfs: mountinfo: add seq_file_root()

Add a new function:

  seq_file_root()

This is similar to seq_path(), but calculates the path relative to the
given root, instead of current->fs->root.  If the path was unreachable
from root, then modify the root parameter to reflect this.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()
Ram Pai [Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:06:20 +0000]
[patch 1/7] vfs: mountinfo: add dentry_path()

[mszeredi@suse.cz] split big patch into managable chunks

Add the following functions:

  dentry_path()
  seq_dentry()

These are similar to d_path() and seq_path().  But instead of
calculating the path within a mount namespace, they calculate the path
from the root of the filesystem to a given dentry, ignoring mounts
completely.

Signed-off-by: Ram Pai <linuxram@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)
Al Viro [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:04:04 +0000]
[PATCH] remove unused label in xattr.c (noise from ro-bind)

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:27:56 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6:
  [PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()
  [PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix
  [PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()
  [PATCH] teach seq_file to discard entries
  [PATCH] umount_tree() will unhash everything itself
  [PATCH] get rid of more nameidata passing in namespace.c
  [PATCH] switch a bunch of LSM hooks from nameidata to path
  [PATCH] lock exclusively in collect_mounts() and drop_collected_mounts()
  [PATCH] move a bunch of declarations to fs/internal.h

11 years agoFix cardbus resource allocation
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:16:30 +0000]
Fix cardbus resource allocation

Commit 884525655d07fdee9245716b998ecdc45cdd8007 ("PCI: clean up resource
alignment management") didn't set the alignment information for the
cardbus window resources, causing their subsequent allocations to fail
miserably with a message like

  yenta_cardbus 0000:15:00.0: device not available because of BAR 7 [100:1ff] collisions
  yenta_cardbus: probe of 0000:15:00.0 failed with error -16

or similar.

This fixes it and clarifies the code a bit too (we used to have to use
the insane PCI bridge alignment logic that put the alignment in the
"start" field, this makes it use the slightly easier-to-understand
size-based alignment, and allows us to set the resource start to zero
until it gets allocated).

Reported-and-tested-by: Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux@gmail.com>
Cc: Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru>
Cc: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agobus_remove_device: be more careful about incomplete initialization
Rafael J. Wysocki [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:57:50 +0000]
bus_remove_device: be more careful about incomplete initialization

Prevent bus_remove_device() from crashing if dev->knode_bus has not been
initialized before it's called.

This can happen if the device_add() ended up breaking out early due to
an error, for example.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoRelax check on adding children of suspended devices
Rafael J. Wysocki [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:48:23 +0000]
Relax check on adding children of suspended devices

Do not refuse to actually register children of suspended devices,
but still warn about attempts to do that.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years ago[PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:35:42 +0000]
[PATCH] get rid of __exit_files(), __exit_fs() and __put_fs_struct()

The only reason to have separated __...() for those was to keep them inlined
for local users in exit.c.  Since Alexey removed the inline on those, there's
no reason whatsoever to keep them around; just collapse with normal variants.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 05:32:44 +0000]
[PATCH] proc_readfd_common() race fix

Since we drop the rcu_read_lock inside the loop, we can't assume
that files->fdt will remain unchanged (and not freed) between
iterations.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years ago[PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()
Al Viro [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:51:27 +0000]
[PATCH] double-free of inode on alloc_file() failure exit in create_write_pipe()

Duh...  Fortunately, the bug is quite recent (post-2.6.25) and, embarrassingly,
mine ;-/

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>

11 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:47:54 +0000]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6:
  [IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl
  [IA64] run rest drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
  [IA64] run some drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
  [IA64] move XP and XPC to drivers/misc/sgi-xp
  [IA64] minor irq handler cleanups
  [IA64] simplify notify hooks in mca.c
  [IA64] do notify DIE_MCA_MONARCH_PROCESS for each monarchs
  [IA64] disable interrupts on exit of ia64_trace_syscall

11 years agofs: use loff_t type instead of long long
David Sterba [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:09:22 +0000]
fs: use loff_t type instead of long long

Use offset type consistently.

Signed-off-by: David Sterba <dsterba@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:15:48 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/selinux-2.6:
  SELinux fixups needed for preemptable RCU from -rt
  SELinux: no BUG_ON(!ss_initialized) in selinux_clone_mnt_opts

11 years ago[IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl
Dean Nelson [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:50:17 +0000]
[IA64] run drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/checkpatch.pl

Addressed issues raised by scripts/checkpatch.pl. Removed unnecessary curly
braces. Eliminated uses of volatiles and use of kernel_thread() and daemonize().

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years ago[IA64] run rest drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
Dean Nelson [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:48:55 +0000]
[IA64] run rest drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent

Ran patches through scripts/Lindent (part 2).

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years ago[IA64] run some drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent
Dean Nelson [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:48:01 +0000]
[IA64] run some drivers/misc/sgi-xp through scripts/Lindent

Ran patches through scripts/Lindent (part 1).

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years ago[IA64] move XP and XPC to drivers/misc/sgi-xp
Dean Nelson [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:46:56 +0000]
[IA64] move XP and XPC to drivers/misc/sgi-xp

Move XPC and XPNET from arch/ia64/sn/kernel to drivers/misc/sgi-xp.

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years agoMerge branch 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:59:30 +0000]
Merge branch 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6

* 'i2c-for-linus' of git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6:
  i2c: Fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
  i2c: New driver for the SuperH Mobile I2C bus controller
  i2c/scx200_acb: Don't use 0 as NULL pointer
  i2c-bfin-twi: Fix mismatch in add timer and delete timer
  i2c-bfin-twi: Just let i2c-bfin-twi driver depends on BLACKFIN
  i2c-bfin-twi: Use simpler comment headers and strip out information that is maintained in the scm's log
  i2c-bfin-twi: Cleanup driver descriptions, versions and some module useful information
  i2c-bfin-twi: Add missing pin mux operation
  i2c-bfin-twi: Add platform_resource interface to support multi-port TWI controllers
  i2c-bfin-twi: Add repeat start feature to avoid break of a bundle of i2c master xfer operation
  i2c: Remove trailing whitespaces in busses/Kconfig
  i2c: Replace remaining __FUNCTION__ occurrences
  i2c: Renesas SH7760 I2C master driver
  i2c-dev: Split i2cdev_ioctl
  i2c-ibm_iic: Support building as an of_platform driver
  i2c-ibm_iic: Change the log levels
  i2c: Add platform driver on top of the new pca-algorithm
  i2c-algo-pca: Extend for future drivers
  i2c-algo-pca: Remove trailing whitespaces and unnecessary UTF
  i2c: Remove the algorithm drivers from the config menu

11 years agokernel-doc: fix sched.c missing parameter
Randy Dunlap [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:07:22 +0000]
kernel-doc: fix sched.c missing parameter

Add missing kernel-doc in kernel/sched.c:

Warning(linux-2.6.25-git3//kernel/sched.c:7044): No description found for parameter 'span'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:44:23 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm:
  dlm: linux/{dlm,dlm_device}.h: cleanup for userspace
  dlm: common max length definitions
  dlm: move plock code from gfs2
  dlm: recover nodes that are removed and re-added
  dlm: save master info after failed no-queue request
  dlm: make dlm_print_rsb() static
  dlm: match signedness between dlm_config_info and cluster_set

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:43:46 +0000]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid:
  HID: Suppress hidinput for Samsung IR control
  HID: remove 60x GTCO devices from blacklist
  HID: export headers properly
  HID: WiseGroup 866 Dual Joypad needs output reports quirk
  HID: ThrustMaster FF driver is no longer experimental
  HID: Logitech diNovo Mini pad support
  HID: fix race between open() and disconnect() in usbhid
  HID: make hid_input_field and usbhid_modify_dquirk static
  HID: pass numbered reports properly to hidraw
  HID: fix misplaced rdesc quirk
  HID: force feedback driver for Logitech Rumblepad 2
  HID: move wait from hid to usbhid
  HID: make function from dbg_hid
  HID: fix sparse warnings
  HID: only dump report traffic with debug level 2
  HID: patch to add NOGET for DMI/Acomdata
  HID: Sunplus Wireless Desktop needs report descriptor fixup
  HID: quirk for MS Wireless Desktop Receiver (model 1028)
  HID: fixup fullspeed interval on highspeed Afatech DVB-T IR kbd
  HID: fix build failure in hiddev_ioctl with gcc 3.2

11 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:40:47 +0000]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-udf-2.6

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-udf-2.6: (41 commits)
  udf: use crc_itu_t from lib instead of udf_crc
  udf: Fix compilation warnings when UDF debug is on
  udf: Fix bug in VAT mapping code
  udf: Add read-only support for 2.50 UDF media
  udf: Fix handling of multisession media
  udf: Mount filesystem read-only if it has pseudooverwrite partition
  udf: Handle VAT packed inside inode properly
  udf: Allow loading of VAT inode
  udf: Fix detection of VAT version
  udf: Silence warning about accesses beyond end of device
  udf: Improve anchor block detection
  udf: Cleanup anchor block detection.
  udf: Move processing of virtual partitions
  udf: Move filling of partition descriptor info into a separate function
  udf: Improve error recovery on mount
  udf: Cleanup volume descriptor sequence processing
  udf: fix anchor point detection
  udf: Remove declarations of arrays of size UDF_NAME_LEN (256 bytes)
  udf: Remove checking of existence of filename in udf_add_entry()
  udf: Mark udf_process_sequence() as noinline
  ...

11 years agofix brd allocation flags
Petr Tesarik [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 03:36:52 +0000]
fix brd allocation flags

While looking at the implementation of the Ram backed block device
driver, I stumbled across a write-only local variable, which makes
little sense, so I assume it should actually work like this:

Signed-off-by: Petr Tesarik <ptesarik@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>

11 years agoi2c: Fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
Kay Sievers [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:49 +0000]
i2c: Fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug

Since 43cc71eed1250755986da4c0f9898f9a635cb3bf, the platform
modalias is prefixed with "platform:". Add MODULE_ALIAS() to the
hotpluggable I2C platform drivers, to allow module auto loading.

[ db: add some more drivers ]

Signed-off-by: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@vrfy.org>
Signed-off-by: David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: New driver for the SuperH Mobile I2C bus controller
Magnus Damm [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:49 +0000]
i2c: New driver for the SuperH Mobile I2C bus controller

This is V5 of the SuperH Mobile I2C Controller Driver. A simple Master
only driver for the I2C block included in processors such as sh7343,
sh7722 and sh7723. Tested on a sh7722 MigoR using a rs5c732b rtc.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Damm <damm@igel.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c/scx200_acb: Don't use 0 as NULL pointer
Adrian Bunk [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c/scx200_acb: Don't use 0 as NULL pointer

Don't use 0 as NULL pointer.

Spotted by sparse.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Fix mismatch in add timer and delete timer
Hans Schillstrom [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Fix mismatch in add timer and delete timer

Move init_completion to just before i2c transfer.
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3385

Signed-off-by: Hans Schillstrom <hans.schillstrom@shlsys.com>
Signed-off-by: Sonic Zhang <sonic.zhang@analog.com>
Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Just let i2c-bfin-twi driver depends on BLACKFIN
Bryan Wu [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Just let i2c-bfin-twi driver depends on BLACKFIN

Simply use "depends on BLACKFIN" (which is technically correct) and just
document which machines have the device.

Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Use simpler comment headers and strip out information that is maintaine...
Mike Frysinger [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Use simpler comment headers and strip out information that is maintained in the scm's log

Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Cleanup driver descriptions, versions and some module useful information
Bryan Wu [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Cleanup driver descriptions, versions and some module useful information

Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Add missing pin mux operation
Bryan Wu [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Add missing pin mux operation

Blackfin TWI controller hardware pin should be requested from GPIO port controller
Before BF54x, there is no need to do this. But as long as BF54x and BF52x
are supported by this generic driver, the missing pin mux operation should be
added.

Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Add platform_resource interface to support multi-port TWI controllers
Bryan Wu [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Add platform_resource interface to support multi-port TWI controllers

 - Dynamic alloc the resource of TWI driver data according to board information
 - TWI register read/write accessor based on dynamic regs_base
 - Support TWI0/TWI1 for BF54x

Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-bfin-twi: Add repeat start feature to avoid break of a bundle of i2c master xfer...
Sonic Zhang [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c-bfin-twi: Add repeat start feature to avoid break of a bundle of i2c master xfer operation

 - Create a new mode TWI_I2C_MODE_REPEAT.
 - No change to smbus operation.

Signed-off-by: Sonic Zhang <sonic.zhang@analog.com>
Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <cooloney@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: Remove trailing whitespaces in busses/Kconfig
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c: Remove trailing whitespaces in busses/Kconfig

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: Replace remaining __FUNCTION__ occurrences
Harvey Harrison [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c: Replace remaining __FUNCTION__ occurrences

__FUNCTION__ is gcc-specific, use __func__.

Signed-off-by: Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: Renesas SH7760 I2C master driver
Manuel Lauss [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c: Renesas SH7760 I2C master driver

Driver for I2C interfaces in master mode on SH7760.

Signed-off-by: Manuel Lauss <mano@roarinelk.homelinux.net>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-dev: Split i2cdev_ioctl
Jean Delvare [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c-dev: Split i2cdev_ioctl

Split the handling of the I2C_RDWR and I2C_SMBUS ioctls to their own
functions. This limits the stack usage, saves one level of indentation
and makes the code more readable.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-ibm_iic: Support building as an of_platform driver
Sean MacLennan [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:47 +0000]
i2c-ibm_iic: Support building as an of_platform driver

This patch allows the i2c-ibm_iic driver to be built either as an ocp
driver or an of_platform driver. This allows it to run under the powerpc
arch but maintains backward compatibility with the ppc arch.

Signed-off-by: Sean MacLennan <smaclennan@pikatech.com>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-ibm_iic: Change the log levels
Sean MacLennan [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:46 +0000]
i2c-ibm_iic: Change the log levels

Change the log levels based on feedback from linxppc-dev.

Signed-off-by: Sean MacLennan <smaclennan@pikatech.com>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: Add platform driver on top of the new pca-algorithm
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:46 +0000]
i2c: Add platform driver on top of the new pca-algorithm

Tested on a blackfin.

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-algo-pca: Extend for future drivers
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:46 +0000]
i2c-algo-pca: Extend for future drivers

The separation between algorithm and adapter was unsharp at places. This was
partly hidden by the fact, that the ISA-driver allowed just one instance and
had all private data in static variables. This patch makes neccessary
preparations to add a platform driver on top of the algorithm, while still
supporting ISA. Note: Due to lack of hardware, the ISA-driver could not be
tested except that it builds.

Concerning the core struct i2c_algo_pca_data:

- A private data field was added, all hardware dependant data may go here.
  Similar to other algorithms, now a pointer to this data is passed to the
  adapter's functions. In order to make as less changes as possible to the
  ISA-driver, it leaves the private data empty and still only uses its static
  variables.

- A "reset_chip" function pointer was added; such a functionality must come
  from the adapter, not the algorithm.

- use a variable "i2c_clock" instead of a function pointer "get_clock",
  allowing for write access to a default in case a wrong value was supplied.

In the algorithm-file:

- move "i2c-pca-algo.h" into "linux/i2c-algo-pca.h"
- now using per_instance timeout values (i2c_adap->timeout)
- error messages specify the device, not only the driver name
- restructure initialization to easily support "i2c_add_numbered_adapter"
- drop "retries" and "own" (i2c address) as they were unused

(The state-machine for I2C-communication was not touched.)

In the ISA-driver:

- adapt to new algorithm

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c-algo-pca: Remove trailing whitespaces and unnecessary UTF
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:46 +0000]
i2c-algo-pca: Remove trailing whitespaces and unnecessary UTF

Remove trailing whitespaces to make further patches more readable.  Also remove
an unnecessary UTF-char for simplicity ("us" for microseconds is fine enough).

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years agoi2c: Remove the algorithm drivers from the config menu
Jean Delvare [Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:16:46 +0000]
i2c: Remove the algorithm drivers from the config menu

The algorithm drivers are helper drivers that are selected automatically
as needed. There's no point in listing them in the config menu, it can
only confuse users and waste their time.

Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>

11 years ago[IA64] minor irq handler cleanups
Jeff Garzik [Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:22:58 +0000]
[IA64] minor irq handler cleanups

- remove unused 'irq' argument from pfm_do_interrupt_handler()

- remove pointless cast to void*

- add KERN_xxx prefix to printk()

- remove braces around singleton C statement

- in tioce_provider.c, start tioce_dma_consistent() and
  tioce_error_intr_handler() function declarations in column 0

This change's main purpose is to prepare for the patchset in
jgarzik/misc-2.6.git#irq-remove, that explores removal of the
never-used 'irq' argument in each interrupt handler.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years ago[IA64] simplify notify hooks in mca.c
Hidetoshi Seto [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:00:37 +0000]
[IA64] simplify notify hooks in mca.c

There are many notify_die() and almost all take same style with
ia64_mca_spin().  This patch defines macros and replace them all,
to reduce lines and to improve readability.

Signed-off-by: Hidetoshi Seto <seto.hidetoshi@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>

11 years ago[IA64] do notify DIE_MCA_MONARCH_PROCESS for each monarchs
Hidetoshi Seto [Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:59:52 +0000]
[IA64] do notify DIE_MCA_MONARCH_PROCESS for each monarchs

There are 3 hooks in MCA handler, but this DIE_MCA_MONARCH_PROCESS
event does not notified other than for the first monarch.

Signed-off-by: Hidetoshi Seto <seto.hidetoshi@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>