14 years ago[ALSA] Use getnstimeofday()
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:49:49 +0000]
[ALSA] Use getnstimeofday()

Modules: Documentation,PCM Midlevel,Timer Midlevel,ALSA Core

Use the standard getnstimeofday() function instead of ALSA's own one.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Remove snd_runtime_check() macro
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:46:31 +0000]
[ALSA] Remove snd_runtime_check() macro

Remove snd_runtime_check() macro.
This macro worsens the readability of codes.  They should be either
normal if() or removable asserts.

Also, the assert displays stack-dump, instead of only the last caller
pointer.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Sasha Khapyorsky: My email address is changed, there is update.
Sasha Khapyorsky [Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:45:31 +0000]
[ALSA] Sasha Khapyorsky: My email address is changed, there is update.

Modules: Intel8x0-modem driver,VIA82xx-modem driver,HDA Codec driver

Signed-off-by: Sasha Khapyorsky <sashakh@alsa-project.org>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@suse.cz>

14 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - enable ac97_quirk hp_only for Acer Aspire 3003LCi
Dick Streefland [Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:02:23 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - enable ac97_quirk hp_only for Acer Aspire 3003LCi

Modules: Intel8x0 driver

On my Acer Aspire 3003LCi laptop, the speaker volume is not controlled
by the master control, but by the headphone control. Enabling the
'hp_only' quirk corrects this. The patch below adds this device to the
list of known quirks.

Signed-off-by: Dick Streefland <dick@streefland.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Allow 8-44khz sample rates on Revolution 7.1
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:48:54 +0000]
[ALSA] Allow 8-44khz sample rates on Revolution 7.1

Modules: ICE1724 driver

Remove the restcition of sample rates on Revolution 7.1 board.
This enables the low 8-44kHz sample rates.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add dummy obsoleted module options for backward compatibility
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:47:23 +0000]
[ALSA] Add dummy obsoleted module options for backward compatibility

Added dummay obsoleted module options for backward compatibility
(to reduce possible bugzilla entries :)

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] intel8x0 - Suppress the codec warnings during probing
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:47:41 +0000]
[ALSA] intel8x0 - Suppress the codec warnings during probing

Modules: Intel8x0 driver

Suppress the codec warnings during probing of codecs.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] highlanderize motherboard AC97/HDA drivers
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 4 Oct 2005 06:46:51 +0000]
[ALSA] highlanderize motherboard AC97/HDA drivers

Remove the code for supporting eight cards from the integrated
controller drivers because There Can Be Only One controller of
each type per mainboard.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] sound: align device drivers menus
Randy Dunlap [Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:55:14 +0000]
[ALSA] sound: align device drivers menus

Modules: Sound Core,PCI drivers

AC97 Kconfig entries broke the ALSA device drivers menu,
so move them to a location where that won't happen,
enabling all device sub-menus to be presented together.

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Removing obsolete AC97_SHARED_TYPES
Sasha Khapyorsky [Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:58:24 +0000]
[ALSA] Removing obsolete AC97_SHARED_TYPES

This patch cleans last ac97 audio/modem codec interception in
initialization procedures (ac97_mixer_new()) and removes obsolete
SHARED_TYPE 'locking' which prevents from AMC codecs to function
correctly.

Signed-off-by: Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak@smlink.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] dev_class=SNDRV_PCM_CLASS_MODEM for modem PCMs
Sasha Khapyorsky [Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:48:17 +0000]
[ALSA] dev_class=SNDRV_PCM_CLASS_MODEM for modem PCMs

dev_class=SNDRV_PCM_CLASS_MODEM for all supported softmodem PCMs

Signed-off-by: Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak@smlink.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] ymfpci: add S/PDIF-in > S/PDIF-out loop
Glen Masgai [Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:19:05 +0000]
[ALSA] ymfpci: add S/PDIF-in > S/PDIF-out loop

Modules: YMFPCI driver

This patch adds a new mixer control called 'IEC958 Loop' which makes
it possible to loop digital signals from S/PDIF-in to S/PDIF-out.

Signed-off-by: Glen Masgai <mimosius@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] sequencer: remove superfluous function parameter
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:18:17 +0000]
[ALSA] sequencer: remove superfluous function parameter

Modules: ALSA sequencer

Remove the last parameter of snd_seq_timer_set_tick_resolution()
because it is always one.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] rtctimer: optimize module parameter validation
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:57:24 +0000]
[ALSA] rtctimer: optimize module parameter validation

Modules: RTC timer driver

The check whether rtctimer_freq is a power of two can be done easier
with a simple bit operation.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] rtctimer: remove superfluous rtc_inc variable
Clemens Ladisch [Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:56:28 +0000]
[ALSA] rtctimer: remove superfluous rtc_inc variable

Modules: RTC timer driver

The rtc_inc variable is never used outside the interrupt handler, and
is always one where it matters, so we can just remove it.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: remove old compatibility wrappers (2/2)
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:03:09 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: remove old compatibility wrappers (2/2)

Modules: USB generic driver

Move the usb_complete_callback() compatibility wrapper out of the
kernel tree.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: remove old compatibility wrappers (1/2)
Clemens Ladisch [Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:01:12 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: remove old compatibility wrappers (1/2)

Modules: USB generic driver

Move the usb_pipe_needs_resubmit() compatibility wrapper out of the
kernel tree.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: add quirk comments
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:33:49 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: add quirk comments

Modules: USB generic driver

Add more comments about other device modes and unsupported devices to
the Roland part of the quirks table.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] au88x0: codec access procs for multiple AC97 codecs
Sasha Khapyorsky [Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:22:44 +0000]
[ALSA] au88x0: codec access procs for multiple AC97 codecs

Modules: au88x0 driver

This patch extends au88x0 AC97 codec access procedures to handle multiple
codecs properly.

Signed-off-by: Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak@smlink.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Add description for ALC260 codec
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:18:56 +0000]
[ALSA] Add description for ALC260 codec

Modules: Documentation

Added description for ALC260 codec models in hda-intel driver section.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - A new model for Fujitsu S7020
Jonathan Woithe [Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:12:48 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-codec - A new model for Fujitsu S7020

Modules: HDA Codec driver

Added a new model 'fujitsu' to ALC260 config for Fujitsu S7020.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: ignore Hercules DJ Console mixer errors
Clemens Ladisch [Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:56:01 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: ignore Hercules DJ Console mixer errors

Modules: USB generic driver

Add a quirk entry for the Hercules DJ Console to ignore timeouts on
some mixer control transfers.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: simplify MIDI quirk handling
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:36:03 +0000]
[ALSA] usb-audio: simplify MIDI quirk handling

Modules: USB generic driver

Simplify the handling of MIDI quirks by treating an interface without
quirks as a QUIRK_MIDI_STANDARD_INTERFACE.

This also fixes the bug where a MIDI_STANDARD quirk would not be
recognized.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] cmipci: use FM/MIDI ports in PCI port space
Clemens Ladisch [Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:33:46 +0000]
[ALSA] cmipci: use FM/MIDI ports in PCI port space

Modules: CMIPCI driver

If possible, use ports in the card's PCI port address range instead of
the legacy ports.

Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] hda-intel - Add NVidia support
Vinod G [Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:49:12 +0000]
[ALSA] hda-intel - Add NVidia support

Modules: HDA Intel driver

This patch is to make the Intel HDA code work for NVIDIA azalia controller.

Modified by Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

Signed-off-by: Vinod G. <vinodg@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix a typo
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:39:21 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix a typo

Modules: AC97 Codec

Fix a typo in the last patch.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] Fix surround control of CMI9761
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:47:07 +0000]
[ALSA] Fix surround control of CMI9761

Modules: AC97 Codec

- Fixed surround controls of CMI9761 (model 83) in update_jacks callback.
- Clean up ad1888 and ad1985 update_jacks callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years ago[ALSA] emu10k1: Front channels via fxbus 8 and 9
Mikael Magnusson [Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:32:58 +0000]
[ALSA] emu10k1: Front channels via fxbus 8 and 9

Modules: EMU10K1/EMU10K2 driver

Adds left and right front channel outputs using fxbus 8 and 9 and 'Front'
playback and capture volume controls.

Signed-off-by: Mikael Magnusson <mikma@users.sourceforge.net>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

14 years agoMerge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/oss/git/xfs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:25:58 +0000]
Merge git://oss.sgi.com:8090/oss/git/xfs-2.6

14 years ago[XFS] Remove no-longer-used qsort source.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:51:01 +0000]
[XFS] Remove no-longer-used qsort source.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fix an inode32 regression - if no options are presented, must still
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:49:07 +0000]
[XFS] Fix an inode32 regression - if no options are presented, must still
set default flags.

SGI-PV: 945242
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux-melb:xfs-kern:24292a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Remove several no-longer-used files.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 05:50:07 +0000]
[XFS] Remove several no-longer-used files.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Cleanup cosmetic differences between source trees.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 05:14:31 +0000]
[XFS] Cleanup cosmetic differences between source trees.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[PATCH] x86-64: bitops fix for -Os
Alexandre Oliva [Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:29:36 +0000]
[PATCH] x86-64: bitops fix for -Os

This fixes the x86-64 find_[first|next]_zero_bit() function for the
end-of-range case.  It didn't test for a zero size, and the "rep scas"
would do entirely the wrong thing.

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Oliva <oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[XFS] fix XFS quota for modular XFS builds
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:55:06 +0000]
[XFS] fix XFS quota for modular XFS builds

Cannot build XFS filesystem support as module with quota support.  It
works only when the XFS filesystem support is compiled into the kernel.
Menuconfig prevents from setting CONFIG_XFS_FS=m and CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA=y.

How to reproduce: configure the XFS filesystem with quota support as
module.  The resulting kernel won't have quota support compiled into
xfs.ko.

Fix: Changing the fs/xfs/Kconfig file from tristate to bool lets you
configure the quota support to be compiled into the XFS module.  The
Makefile-linux-2.6 checks only for CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA=y.

Signed-off-by: Dimitri Puzin <tristan-777@ddkom-online.de>
Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Add a mechanism for XFS to use the generic quota sync method.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:53:34 +0000]
[XFS] Add a mechanism for XFS to use the generic quota sync method.
This is now used to issue a delayed allocation flush before reporting
quota, which allows the used space quota report to match reality.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Add the project quota type into the XFS quota header.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:51:23 +0000]
[XFS] Add the project quota type into the XFS quota header.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Update XFS quota header license to match the SGI boilerplate.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:50:05 +0000]
[XFS] Update XFS quota header license to match the SGI boilerplate.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Update XFS documentation.
Nathan Scott [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:46:43 +0000]
[XFS] Update XFS documentation.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:38:22 +0000]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

14 years agoMerge branch 'swiotlb' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:36:15 +0000]
Merge branch 'swiotlb' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6

14 years ago[XFS] Fixed the inconsistency between attribute b-tree intermidiate node
Yingping Lu [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:31:47 +0000]
[XFS] Fixed the inconsistency between attribute b-tree intermidiate node
and leaf blocks. The problem cam from xfsqa test 117.

SGI-PV: 940655
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:201527a

Signed-off-by: Yingping Lu <yingping@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[ARM SMP] Add hotplug CPU infrastructure
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:24:33 +0000]
[ARM SMP] Add hotplug CPU infrastructure

This patch adds the infrastructure to support hotplug CPU on ARM
platforms.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM SMP] Fix a couple of warnings
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:54:14 +0000]
[ARM SMP] Fix a couple of warnings

Use *cpus_addr() to display the mask of pending/to be called CPUs.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM SMP] Track CPU idle threads
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:51:40 +0000]
[ARM SMP] Track CPU idle threads

Track the idle thread task_struct for each CPU.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years agoMerge git://brick.kernel.dk/data/git/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:06:02 +0000]
Merge git://brick.kernel.dk/data/git/linux-2.6-block

14 years ago[ARM] Fix ARM rwlock implementations
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:09:31 +0000]
[ARM] Fix ARM rwlock implementations

fb1c8f93d869b34cacb8b8932e2b83d96a19d720 broke the ARM rwlock code since
it only partially updated the rwlock implementation.  Properly update it.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM] AMBA CLCD driver can drive PL110 and PL111 primecells
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:40:35 +0000]
[ARM] AMBA CLCD driver can drive PL110 and PL111 primecells

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM] Fix Realview machine for patch 3016/1
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:14:37 +0000]
[ARM] Fix Realview machine for patch 3016/1

3016/1 changed the map_desc structure to take a PFN instead of a
physical address.  Fixup Realview machine support for this change.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM] Fix mm initialisation with write buffered write allocate caches
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:11:35 +0000]
[ARM] Fix mm initialisation with write buffered write allocate caches

It seems that without the extra tlb flush, we may end up faulting
during the early kernel initialisation because the TLB can't see
the updated page tables.

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM] 3083/1: include/asm-arm/arch-ixp4xx/io.h: eliminate warnings for pointer passed...
John Bowler [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:55:12 +0000]
[ARM] 3083/1: include/asm-arm/arch-ixp4xx/io.h: eliminate warnings for pointer passed to integral function argument

Patch from John Bowler

Fix for a compiler warning, this wasn't apparent in 2.6.12, I
believe the compiler options have been changed (somewhere) so
that passing a (void*) to a (u32) argument is now warned.

This accounts for the majority of the warnings in my builds of
the 2.6.14 kernel for NSLU2.

The patch changes pointer parameters declared as u32 to be
declared as either, for read parameters:

const volatile void __iomem *

and for write parameters:

volatile void __iomem *

Signed-off-by: John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>
Signed-off-by: Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@plexity.net>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[ARM] Fix realview machine type for patch 3060/1
Russell King [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:51:15 +0000]
[ARM] Fix realview machine type for patch 3060/1

Realview was missed in this cleanup...

Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>

14 years ago[PATCH] blk: fix dangling pointer access in __elv_add_request
Tejun Heo [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:23:49 +0000]
[PATCH] blk: fix dangling pointer access in __elv_add_request

cfq's add_req_fn callback may invoke q->request_fn directly and
depending on low-level driver used and timing, a queued request may be
finished & deallocated before add_req_fn callback returns.  So,
__elv_add_request must not access rq after it's passed to add_req_fn
callback.

This patch moves rq_mergeable test above add_req_fn().  This may
result in q->last_merge pointing to REQ_NOMERGE request if add_req_fn
callback sets it but as RQ_NOMERGE is checked again when blk layer
actually tries to merge requests, this does not cause any problem.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] ibmveth fix panic in initial replenish cycle
Santiago Leon [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:15:09 +0000]
[PATCH] ibmveth fix panic in initial replenish cycle

This patch fixes a panic in the current tree caused by a race condition between the initial replenish cycle and the rx processing of the first packets trying to replenish the buffers.

Signed-off-by: Santiago Leon <santil@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] missing platform_device.h includes
Al Viro [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:14:05 +0000]
[PATCH] missing platform_device.h includes

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:49:07 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6

Manual fixups for some clashes due to re-indenting.

14 years ago[PATCH] tlclk build fix
Andrew Morton [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:44:30 +0000]
[PATCH] tlclk build fix

drivers/char/tlclk.c: In function `tlclk_init':
drivers/char/tlclk.c:775: warning: implicit declaration of function `platform_device_register_simple'

Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] audit_sysctl_exit can only be used with CONF_AUDIT_SYSCTL
Horms [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:44:29 +0000]
[PATCH] audit_sysctl_exit can only be used with CONF_AUDIT_SYSCTL

This section of code calls .audit_syscal_exit, but is inside CONFIG_AUDIT,
so it will fail to build if CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL is not defined.

After discussion with David Woodhouse, change the ifdef to
CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL

Signed-off-by: Horms <horms@verge.net.au>
Acked-by: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] TPM compile fix
Chris Wright [Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:44:28 +0000]
[PATCH] TPM compile fix

CC drivers/char/tpm/tpm_nsc.o
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_nsc.c:277: error: `platform_bus_type' undeclared here (not in a function)
...
CC drivers/char/tpm/tpm_atmel.o
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_atmel.c:175: error: `platform_bus_type' undeclared here (not in a function)

Make sure to include proper headers.

Signed-off-by: Chris Wright <chrisw@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire reset/reboot support
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:12:42 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire reset/reboot support

Add reset/reboot code to support the ColdFire 5208 family.
Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally written by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire UART support
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:11:08 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire UART support

Add support for the UARTs on the ColdFire 5208 family.
Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally written by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire pit interrupt support
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:10:22 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire pit interrupt support

The PIT timer in the 5208 ColdFire has slightly different interrupt
bit definitions than the PIT timer used on other ColdFire parts.
Define the commonly used bit and mask numbers here, and let
part specific defines take precedence if they are defined.

Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally written by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire pit timer support
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:05:55 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire pit timer support

Add support for the PIT timer used in the 5208 ColdFire fmaily.
Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally modified by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: use board defines to distinguish boards
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:04:37 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: use board defines to distinguish boards

Use board name defines to distinguish boards, instead of combinations
of more generic defines.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire cache support
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:03:09 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire cache support

Add support for the cpu cache of the 5208 ColdFire fmaily.
Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally written by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire support defines
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:02:01 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire support defines

Add support for the internal register map of the 5208 ColdFire fmaily.
Patch originally from Matt Wadell (from code originally written by
Mike Lavender).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire support defines for its internal map
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:59:09 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: add 5208 ColdFire support defines for its internal map

Define the register space of the new 5208 ColdFire family (which includes
to 5207). It is mostly similar to the other ColdFire parts.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: use board name defines to differentiate board definitions
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:56:46 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: use board name defines to differentiate board definitions

Use board name define to differentiate boards, not combination
of more generic defines.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: updated defconfig
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:53:58 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: updated defconfig

Updated m68knommu defconfig. Part of changing the "Motorola" names
to their new name "Freescale".

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: remove unmaintained asm-m68knommu/ide.h
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:52:21 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: remove unmaintained asm-m68knommu/ide.h

Remove unmaintained asm-m68knommu/ide.h. It is completely out of
date - and there is no underlying support for it.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: remove auto-generated asm-offsets.h
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:50:04 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: remove auto-generated asm-offsets.h

Remove auto-generated file from source base.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[PATCH] m68knommu: change use of extern inline to static inline in headers
Greg Ungerer [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:42:03 +0000]
[PATCH] m68knommu: change use of extern inline to static inline in headers

"extern inline" doesn't make much sense here.

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:33:06 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/net-2.6

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:32:46 +0000]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-serial

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:32:14 +0000]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:29:57 +0000]
Merge /linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog

14 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:28:53 +0000]
Merge /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6

14 years ago[PATCH] toshiba_ohci1394_dmi_table should be __devinitdata, not __devinit
Roland Dreier [Sat, 29 Oct 2005 04:50:35 +0000]
[PATCH] toshiba_ohci1394_dmi_table should be __devinitdata, not __devinit

I don't really understand why gcc gives the error it does, but without
this patch, when building with CONFIG_HOTPLUG=n, I get errors like:

CC arch/x86_64/pci/../../i386/pci/fixup.o
    arch/x86_64/pci/../../i386/pci/fixup.c: In function `pci_fixup_i450nx':
    arch/x86_64/pci/../../i386/pci/fixup.c:13: error: pci_fixup_i450nx causes a section type conflict

The change is obviously correct: an array should be declared
__devinitdata rather that __devinit.

Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
Acked-by: Martin J. Bligh <mbligh@mbligh.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>

14 years ago[XFS] Ensure fsync does not incorrectly return EIO for pages beyond EOF.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:14:09 +0000]
[XFS] Ensure fsync does not incorrectly return EIO for pages beyond EOF.

SGI-PV: 944819
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24236a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fix calculation of reserved AGs for inodes in 32-bit inode mode
Eric Sandeen [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:13:42 +0000]
[XFS] Fix calculation of reserved AGs for inodes in 32-bit inode mode
Spotted by Roger Willcocks <willcor @at@ gmail.com>

SGI-PV: 944858
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:201213a

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fix boundary conditions when issuing direct IOs from large userspace
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:13:13 +0000]
[XFS] Fix boundary conditions when issuing direct IOs from large userspace
buffers.

SGI-PV: 944820
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24223a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Remove an unhelpful ifdef, the comment above the routine explains
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:12:28 +0000]
[XFS] Remove an unhelpful ifdef, the comment above the routine explains
the purpose well enough here.

SGI-PV: 944821
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24214a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Remove old, broken nolog-mode code - noone plans to ever fix it.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:12:04 +0000]
[XFS] Remove old, broken nolog-mode code - noone plans to ever fix it.

SGI-PV: 944821
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24213a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Rework fid encode/decode wrt 64 bit inums interacting with NFS.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:11:45 +0000]
[XFS] Rework fid encode/decode wrt 64 bit inums interacting with NFS.

SGI-PV: 937127
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24201a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Endianess annotations for various allocator data structures
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:11:25 +0000]
[XFS] Endianess annotations for various allocator data structures

SGI-PV: 943272
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:201006a

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] remove unused code from xfs_iomap_write_direct
Eric Sandeen [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:10:55 +0000]
[XFS] remove unused code from xfs_iomap_write_direct

SGI-PV: 943266
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200996a

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] fix old xfs_setattr mis-merge from irix; mostly harmless esp if not
Eric Sandeen [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:10:41 +0000]
[XFS] fix old xfs_setattr mis-merge from irix; mostly harmless esp if not
using xfs rt

SGI-PV: 944632
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200983a

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fixing size report discrepancy between ls and du caused by xfs_fsr
Yingping Lu [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:10:24 +0000]
[XFS] Fixing size report discrepancy between ls and du caused by xfs_fsr

SGI-PV: 943908
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200874a

Signed-off-by: Yingping Lu <yingping@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fixed a bug in reporting extent list for attribute fork running
Yingping Lu [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:09:54 +0000]
[XFS] Fixed a bug in reporting extent list for attribute fork running
xfs_bmap -a.

SGI-PV: 944075
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200860a

Signed-off-by: Yingping Lu <yingping@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Simplify pagebuf_rele Remove a conditional that can not be true
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:09:35 +0000]
[XFS] Simplify pagebuf_rele  Remove a conditional that can not be true
anymore and simplify the final put path a little

SGI-PV: 908809
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200790a

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Rework the final mount options flag bit to make room for more.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:09:22 +0000]
[XFS] Rework the final mount options flag bit to make room for more.

SGI-PV: 943866
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24030a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Rework the dquot hash sizing heuristics.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:08:25 +0000]
[XFS] Rework the dquot hash sizing heuristics.

SGI-PV: 943123
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24012a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Add ATTR_NOSIZETOK definition for xfs_vnodeops.c change
Eric Sandeen [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:08:10 +0000]
[XFS] Add ATTR_NOSIZETOK definition for xfs_vnodeops.c change

SGI-PV: 942439
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200185a

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Disable attr2 by default, until a more appropriate time to enable
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:07:51 +0000]
[XFS] Disable attr2 by default, until a more appropriate time to enable
it.

SGI-PV: 941645
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:24002a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Prevent data corruption on extending truncate case from cxfs client
Eric Sandeen [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:07:34 +0000]
[XFS] Prevent data corruption on extending truncate case from cxfs client

SGI-PV: 942439
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200152a

Signed-off-by: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Fix sparse warnings in ktrace.[ch]
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:07:23 +0000]
[XFS] Fix sparse warnings in ktrace.[ch]

SGI-PV: 943556
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200113a

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] silence gcc4 warnings. the directory ones are wrong because of
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:06:18 +0000]
[XFS] silence gcc4 warnings.  the directory ones are wrong because of
information gcc could not find out (that a directory always has a ..
entry), the others are outright gcc bugs.

SGI-PV: 943511
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:200055a

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Remove unused type, xfs_gap_t.
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:05:34 +0000]
[XFS] Remove unused type, xfs_gap_t.

SGI-PV: 907752
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:23932a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] endianess annotations and cleanup for the quota code
Christoph Hellwig [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:01:12 +0000]
[XFS] endianess annotations and cleanup for the quota code

SGI-PV: 943272
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:199767a

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>

14 years ago[XFS] Show additional mount options in /proc/mounts, fix up some debug
Nathan Scott [Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:00:48 +0000]
[XFS] Show additional mount options in /proc/mounts, fix up some debug
code.

SGI-PV: 941645
SGI-Modid: xfs-linux:xfs-kern:23926a

Signed-off-by: Nathan Scott <nathans@sgi.com>